Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:49:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 [5444] 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:18:33 AM

This thread has received over 5 MILLION views. Think about that. I'd like to thank the "trolls" for doing that, and bringing new investors to Dash. We are well on our way, and in no small part thanks to them.

The great thing is that no matter how hard they blow their horns, the price is staying rock steady in anticipation of the great announcements to come at the two conferences.

Cheers to 5 MILLION views!

I'd also like to thank the "trolls" for doing that, and bringing new investors to Dash.
Thanks "trolls" really. increase troll number to make DASH popular.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:24:23 AM

It's quote obvious the bitcointalk moderators are fist deep involved failero coin, thats probably they reason they're deleting post by Otoh but keep posts from failero trolls visible.

I'll repost this which will explain the mods behavior.
----------------------------------------------------------
More mass deletions happening.
Yet troll comments are still up.
Interesting....

After further review, there is a fairly simple explanation.

Bitcoin Maximalism

Bitcoin Maximalism is the belief that Bitcoin is in fact the One Coin To Rule Them All.  The "first mover advantage" is strong with this one.  Bitcoin was the first crypto currency to gain world wide attention.  According to this belief, all problems within Bitcoin can be solved either internally (block size debate) or as a supplementary feature (sidechains).  The true believers of Bitcoin Maximalism must use strategies of crush and absorb when better ideas come along.  This will maintain their position for as long as possible. There are VERY large stake holders that are betting on Bitcoin.

An excellent example of this problem solving is DASH.  There are inherent weaknesses in Bitcoin that have been revealed after field testing.  Transaction speed and fungibility are easy to point out.  DASH has implemented vast improvements in these (and other) areas that Bitcoin will find challenging to absorb.  Therefore, it must be crushed.

The Mods of this forum are true believers in Bitcoin Maximalism, and they have far and away the most popular crypto forum on the Internet.  Why not use the platform to your own advantage?  Some of the best and brighest minds in the industry freely post their ideas here.  This helps Bitcoin by getting free business intelligence.  Trolling on online forums is not new, and is even worse in some corners of the web.  People who have time and money invested in Altcoin A sometimes think that trolling Altcoin B will help A succeed.  This in turn starts all out war when Alcoin B attacks Altcoin C, who in turn attacks Altcoin A.  Ask yourself who stands to gain by this activity?  The Bitcoin Maximalists of course.  The term for the army of Monero trolls congregating here is "useful idiots".

What can be done?

The initial first-mover advantage will last for a period of time, only to be replaced by the "Fast Follower".  Ford Motor Company was the first mass produced manufacturer of cars.  Within a short time, General Motors was outselling them by offering something Ford would not.  By following a stragtegy of innovation, combined with focusing on getting the word out, DASH has an excellent chance of succeeding in the Digital Cash realm.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:50:29 AM

nobodies..

nobodies..

hypocrites.

for the record, you people are trying to convince "the nobodies" in investing in this instamined snake oil coin.

why don't you hug each other? <<<HUGSS>> >
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:54:51 AM

The initial first-mover advantage will last for a period of time, only to be replaced by the "Fast Follower".  Ford Motor Company was the first mass produced manufacturer of cars.  Within a short time, General Motors was outselling them by offering something Ford would not.  By following a stragtegy of innovation, combined with focusing on getting the word out, DASH has an excellent chance of succeeding in the Digital Cash realm.

weak analogy..

Ford and General motors have so many patents on their part...Bitcoin and darkcoin are opensource software

....and how many bitcoin codes had been copied by dash?----->A HECK FUCKIN LOT  Tongue
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:16:38 AM

you support Dash's instamine but not another coin's instamine?

apples and oranges.
monero is more of a highly inflationary unfair cripplemined fastmine than a instamine.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:45:41 AM

This thread has received over 5 MILLION views. Think about that. I'd like to thank the "trolls" for doing that, and bringing new investors to Dash. We are well on our way, and in no small part thanks to them.

The great thing is that no matter how hard they blow their horns, the price is staying rock steady in anticipation of the great announcements to come at the two conferences.

Cheers to 5 MILLION views!

And after 5 million views...still people know and care about the instamine...

It would be a fresh start, furthering us from the "instamine" crap, the "closed source" argument and all the other growing pains of the first few months.

I guess that idea/plan didn't work out too well for you did it, now more than a year later?

Sad

Was The Instamine A Positive Thing For Dash?

The instamine was a bug that turned into a feature, it's also why we're continuing to be a success.

Success? Since this was posted the price has dropped 40% from about the same time you posted your "technical" analysis of the price.

@Evan, is Cloakcoin's instamine a feature too? Mastermined710 disagrees it was "fair".

If Evan is capable and likely to produce the way he is alluding to, Dash is going to be ready for adoption on a large scale. If that happens, I will not give a damn how much Dash Evan has, because I will be too busy counting my profits, which will be through the roof. With less inflation down the pipe, I might add.

So then it is more about profits than what bitcoin was originally designed for?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:46:40 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 07:59:44 AM by smoothie

you support Dash's instamine but not another coin's instamine?

monero is more of a highly inflationary unfair cripplemined fastmine than a instamine.

You have not answered my question. More deflection as usual. Typical from a hypocrite.

thanks. after reading anonymints back and forth with you guys i was under the impression that pruning the bc was questionable and he seems to think it can't be done. it way over my head but he does seem to know his stuff. to clarify he did say it's not possible right? i saw the bbr guy pruned or is pruning some stuff but anonymint claims it's not near enough, correct?

i've seen people talk about the transaction provability part several times but forget the specific phrase they used. i'll check into it and get back to you.

so if i send you some xmr for something and you say you did not get it is there a transaction hash on the bc i can point to and prove it?

thanks for your time.

Both AnonyMint and I agree that pruning, in the Bitcoin sense of the term, is not possible with any of the CryptoNote currencies. That does not mean that other reductions in storage aren't possible, but there will always be a need to keep more data than with Bitcoin and its clones. Specifically, the utxoset *and* the key image set is required, and the key image set is unpruneable. The pruning that BBR does is to remove ring signature proofs, a purely linear pruning and one that I am hesitant about from a cryptographic soundness perspective.

You get a transaction ID for your transaction, most definitely. Here's a transaction of 335 XMR sent to my Monero address (49VNLa9K5ecJo13bwKYt5HCmA8GkgLwpyFjgGKG6qmp8dqoXww8TKPU2PJaLfAAtoZGgtHfJ1nYY8G2 YaewycB4f72yFT6u) on all 3 block explorers:

http://monerochain.info/tx/047c2c11632120f7cd1565c312f94f76135a45f0b2194bbe958826280878fc3d
http://chainradar.com/xmr/transaction/047c2c11632120f7cd1565c312f94f76135a45f0b2194bbe958826280878fc3d
https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/transaction/047c2c11632120f7cd1565c312f94f76135a45f0b2194bbe958826280878fc3d

As you can see, there's no way to track where it came from, where it went to, or even ascertain the correct amount. However, the very act of being able to provide the transaction ID to me (coupled with me receiving it) is normally sufficient to prove a transaction, since only the sender and recipient will know the transaction ID and the amount.

Of course, this isn't the robust or cryptographically sound way of doing it, which is why we're adding tooling to allow someone to reveal the one-time key (which is different to the transaction ID) for their transaction, and the person (or persons) they send that key to can see the exactly details of their transaction on a blockchain explorer or similar. In other words, this functionality is inherent in the protocol and in each transaction, but we just have to give people the ability to both retrieve this information and for someone else to verify it.
great info man, thanks. the one-time key feature will solve the provability problem i've seen brought up but i still can't think of the damn technical name they were using Cheesy
sounds like what bitshares x is doing with a secret key to prove transaction to a third party type escrow. the whole anon scene is very exciting!

only other real issues is the bloating and (visa level) scalability that anonymint always talks about. what are y'alls plans to fix that?
the crippled hash things is fixed (right?) and doesn't concern me as it only affected like 2% from what i saw which is super fair in the cryptocoin world.

the only other thing i can think of now is the issue of inflation,  4 years pow if i'm not mistaken?
 some have also questioned the pow algo cryptonite because i guess it's new and cryptographically unproven but getting professionally audited at some point?
seems like y'all have a great team working on things and i'll definitely consider putting some btc into your project.

what's your thoughts on bitshares x anon feature titan?

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/TITAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDvXZMQNnhE

Delegated Proof of Stake - Let's Talk Bitcoin Episode 129
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdBpoRLmrbA&list=WL#t=726

No one scammed you nor has anyone lied to you about the "cripple mine". But of course you can cry if you wish.

Here is a tissue  Cry

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 08:14:13 AM

Yes, I would like to see my investment do well, excuse me for that.

This is really the best time for "trolls" to get the best bang for their buck. Development is happening behind the scenes, so they have plenty of time to play up the undeveloped aspects of Dash, which, just like most cryptos, is still in beta.

There has been quite a while in between releases, which is unusual for Dash.

The problem for the "trolls" is the reason for the delay between releases. Dash Evolution will be so different from anything else that has been done before, line after line of code has to be re-written. What Evan is building will be revolutionary, and this scares anyone who opposes this coin.

Now, the "trolls" can also counter "Nothing's been documented, so vaporware."

Absolutely correct. However, the details will be revealed in less than 2 months in Miami. So, in reality, the time of plenty for the "trolls" is running out. The world will see Evan's genius at these conferences, and Dash will be stronger than ever.

Enjoy yourselves in the meantime, "trolls".

Tick, tock.

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:17:56 AM

Bitcoin Maximalism...
An excellent example of this problem solving is DASH.  There are inherent weaknesses in Bitcoin that have been revealed after field testing.  Transaction speed and fungibility are easy to point out.  DASH has implemented vast improvements in these (and other) areas that Bitcoin will find challenging to absorb.  Therefore, it must be crushed.
All good points, also can Evolution solve the malleability problems of bitcoin?
If the transactions are signed and agreed upon within seconds, must the transaction ID stay the same as the same transaction can produce a different ID with bitcoin, no doubt the whitepaper will explain this...

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/the-who-what-why-and-how-of-the-ongoing-transaction-malleability-attack-1444253640
''Bitcoin developers have been working to reduce transaction malleability among standard transaction types, but a complete fix is still only in the planning stages. At present, new transactions should not depend on previous transactions which have not been added to the block chain yet, especially if large amounts of satoshis are at stake.
Transaction malleability also affects payment tracking. Bitcoin Core’s RPC interface lets you track transactions by their txid—but if that txid changes because the transaction was modified, it may appear that the transaction has disappeared from the network.
''

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:38:08 AM

I got "attacker-economist-theoried" at the newsagent's this morning.

Paid with cash and somebody spotted me getting change of my €10 note - even though it wasn't in their economic interests to do so.

Rumbled Embarrassed

Better ditch the cash and pay with credit next time  Wink
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:38:43 AM

Did you guys notice that Andreas M. Antonopoulos and Eric Voorhees are going to Mexico, there is a hell of a lineup of big names now,
has Evan got his big hat ready to go yet?  Grin

And attendee Trace Mayer has updated Exeters Pyramid, once again shows that cryptocurrencies dont even exist on the financial radar yet.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:56:38 AM

Good morning trolls!!  (since the infection just keeps rising)

Undisputed, top-shelf VPN provider has a nice message for you guys. This banner is a preview of the soon to be added banner to their front page.

But you can in the meantime, check what a nice endorsement they've done...

https://bolehvpn.net/altcoin-payment.php

Anyone out there need a completely anonymous, private and rock solid VPN provider? Boom! Pay with Dash.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:25:01 AM

Cryptsy withdrawals update, today I received another 600 Dash requested a couple of days before, now just 3,100 Dash & 6 BTC to go, it's slow going but is getting there, even despite their apparent "Server Failure" yesterday.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
afreer

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:38:26 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 12:27:21 PM by afreer

Does anyone have any info on what we are to expect with Evolution?

Evan left some clues already:

Requirements:
- Fungibility - All units of the current must be interchangeable (after sending coins they shouldn't have history attached)
- Speed - The currency must be able to compete with credit cards (1-5 second double-spend proof confirmations)
- Governance - The currency must be governed in a decentralized and decisive way
- Funding - The currency must have a permanent decentralized funding source for development, marketing, legal, etc
- Scalability - The currency must be able to scale to billions of transactions per day with 100% decentralization
- Ease Of Use - The currency must be usable by normal every day people

I've been working on DAPI for the last 3 months and there are 8 other devs including Evan working together on Evolution in it's entirety that I have met so far, plus around 40 other people I count in the Dash team contributing to varying degrees behind the scenes, I don't think that's obvious here on Bitcointalk Smiley  

I think Evan will start to release details publicly starting with the Miami conference, what i can say from my view is I think that Evolution will be the first time a crypto-currency will be capable to satisfy a mainstream user-base, enough so that I am winding up my day-job to do this full time in Q1 and there is another dev last week that did the same who is the lead Android dev at his company and more people will follow i'm sure.  

What I am expecting from Evolution is to break the barrier to mainstream adoption that all crypto currencies have faced up to now, and I think that's why most of the other devs are here too, although I can only speak for myself Smiley

afreer

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:12:08 PM

A new budget proposal is out there, guys ... and it really smells like a daaaangerous precedent  Wink

https://www.dashwhale.org/p/christmas-lottery

It's a very provocative way to discredit Principles of Dash Budgeting System. But If we assumes it as a joke and as a way to make a buzz - let's vote NO Smiley.

It would be better if somebody organizes more serious lottery - for example a "Why I love Dash?" amateur short-video-clips contest.

I think it's to make a buzz too Alex and encourage people to use the new system Smiley

If I'm correct, Dashwhale has been the only source of proposals outside of the core team so far.

The system was implemented to enable true decentralized organizational control of Dash in the long term and there are no rules as to what can be proposed.

The more proposals there are, the more competition there is for good ideas on how Dash is operated and managed, and it's the Dash Network that decides what gets funded, autonomously. To my knowledge it's the first time anything like this has existed so the more we use it and mature it, the better.

Have your say, make a proposal, and please vote Smiley

Decentralized Governance by Blockchain:

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8585240

Make a proposal:

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Masternode+Budget+API
dashwhale

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 01:05:39 PM

Yes, thats absolutely correct, afreer!

But if all tiny proposals are smashed, we inhibit innovation culture. Even if a proposal seems to be junk, it's worth to spend a few DASH on it and to see what's the outcome. In many times, new ideas spin out, which might lead to serious improvements of the DASH ecosystem.

I strongly encourage all masternode owners to allow 50-100 DASH to be spent each month on 1-3 tiny junk proposals, to educate people on using the budget system and provide soil for innovation!

Yours,
Rango
Quicken

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 01:47:27 PM

And what do you base your idea on? Hopes and dreams because you hate XMR? Get your head out of your ass - just because a few supporters hate DASH doesn't mean the coin is bad.
Hey...you are that guy who had that super-optimised Vertminer, and refused to share it with the community, aren't you? I don't like you at all. I don't hate XMR. But what I dfo hate is when malicious trolls infect the threads of what they see a their competitor coins. Everybody who is into crypto should be working together for the ultimate success of crypto itself, not stabbing each other in the back, which is what you guys seems to think is necessary.

I still have one for v2, what's it to you?

Besides, I hate it when they do so, as well - you say "you guys" like XMR is full of these people. It's not. It's the assholes that are the loudest, is all.

no one in the 'core' leadership has come out and distanced themselves from the trolling, they have taken part in it.....

I haven't seen smooth or fluffypony or the others constantly coming here and saying the same shit. iCEBREAKER and dnalor, yeah, maybe.

According to the Dash anti-criticism brigade, anyone who is critical about anything related to Dash is a troll who is trolling. Especially core team members who are secretly from Finland and living in a castle.

I've been critical of it, but at least some of my concerns were answered quickly by Evan, who had pretty reasonable answers. Unfortunately, he seems to be the only one with any idea how it works.
I heard that you are really young. Maybe you should stop posting in forums until you've grown up a bit?

Not that young. Besides, you haven't even presented any argument - unless you consider a vague assertion of immaturity an argument.
I'd rather not argue (with a child), if you don't mind. I believe I've stated my position clearly enough. Goodbye.

It takes a truly weak mind to base their arguments purely on someone's age. Congratulations volvoya, you will fit right in with the rest of these Darktards!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1384298/Student-15-way-Harvard-accepted-13-universities.html
Young people may be good at some things, it's true. But because they don't have much life-experience, they always lack wisdom (and not only young people).

Ahem:
@ altCoin UK. Take a Xanax, dude.

Is anyone over 18 here?
Stop being so ageist. Why can't young people create something of value? Answer...they CAN. now pls...STFU
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 01:58:57 PM

Yes, thats absolutely correct, afreer!

But if all tiny proposals are smashed, we inhibit innovation culture. Even if a proposal seems to be junk, it's worth to spend a few DASH on it and to see what's the outcome. In many times, new ideas spin out, which might lead to serious improvements of the DASH ecosystem.

I strongly encourage all masternode owners to allow 50-100 DASH to be spent each month on 1-3 tiny junk proposals, to educate people on using the budget system and provide soil for innovation!

Yours,
Rango

btw i just visit this newly created games site which accept btc...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1010288.new#new

it would be nice if someone can create similiar or maybe ask him to implement dash Huh

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:17:11 PM

And what do you base your idea on? Hopes and dreams because you hate XMR? Get your head out of your ass - just because a few supporters hate DASH doesn't mean the coin is bad.
Hey...you are that guy who had that super-optimised Vertminer, and refused to share it with the community, aren't you? I don't like you at all. I don't hate XMR. But what I dfo hate is when malicious trolls infect the threads of what they see a their competitor coins. Everybody who is into crypto should be working together for the ultimate success of crypto itself, not stabbing each other in the back, which is what you guys seems to think is necessary.

I still have one for v2, what's it to you?

Besides, I hate it when they do so, as well - you say "you guys" like XMR is full of these people. It's not. It's the assholes that are the loudest, is all.

no one in the 'core' leadership has come out and distanced themselves from the trolling, they have taken part in it.....

I haven't seen smooth or fluffypony or the others constantly coming here and saying the same shit. iCEBREAKER and dnalor, yeah, maybe.

According to the Dash anti-criticism brigade, anyone who is critical about anything related to Dash is a troll who is trolling. Especially core team members who are secretly from Finland and living in a castle.

I've been critical of it, but at least some of my concerns were answered quickly by Evan, who had pretty reasonable answers. Unfortunately, he seems to be the only one with any idea how it works.
I heard that you are really young. Maybe you should stop posting in forums until you've grown up a bit?

Not that young. Besides, you haven't even presented any argument - unless you consider a vague assertion of immaturity an argument.
I'd rather not argue (with a child), if you don't mind. I believe I've stated my position clearly enough. Goodbye.

It takes a truly weak mind to base their arguments purely on someone's age. Congratulations volvoya, you will fit right in with the rest of these Darktards!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1384298/Student-15-way-Harvard-accepted-13-universities.html
Young people may be good at some things, it's true. But because they don't have much life-experience, they always lack wisdom (and not only young people).

Ahem:
@ altCoin UK. Take a Xanax, dude.

Is anyone over 18 here?
Stop being so ageist. Why can't young people create something of value? Answer...they CAN. now pls...STFU
What is this...a character assassination?? You appear to be very interested in me, I knw I should feel flattered but it rally creeps me out! LEL
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:37:00 PM

Does anyone have any info on what we are to expect with Evolution?

Evan left some clues already:

Requirements:
- Fungibility - All units of the current must be interchangeable (after sending coins they shouldn't have history attached)
- Speed - The currency must be able to compete with credit cards (1-5 second double-spend proof confirmations)
- Governance - The currency must be governed in a decentralized and decisive way
- Funding - The currency must have a permanent decentralized funding source for development, marketing, legal, etc
- Scalability - The currency must be able to scale to billions of transactions per day with 100% decentralization
- Ease Of Use - The currency must be usable by normal every day people

I've been working on DAPI for the last 3 months and there are 8 other devs including Evan working together on Evolution in it's entirety that I have met so far, plus around 40 other people I count in the Dash team contributing to varying degrees behind the scenes, I don't think that's obvious here on Bitcointalk Smiley  

I think Evan will start to release details publicly starting with the Miami conference, what i can say from my view is I think that Evolution will be the first time a crypto-currency will be capable to satisfy a mainstream user-base, enough so that I am winding up my day-job to do this full time in Q1 and there is another dev last week that did the same who is the lead Android dev at his company and more people will follow i'm sure.  

What I am expecting from Evolution is to break the barrier to mainstream adoption that all crypto currencies have faced up to now, and I think that's why most of the other devs are here too, although I can only speak for myself Smiley

Great!

Thank you for taking the time to share this info with us and i wish a good work to all involved in Evolution  Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 [5444] 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: