Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:36:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 [5471] 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:02:56 PM

Regarding bolded, not sure if you are talking about XMR, but you don't need others in order to mix. You can mix passively, so if your assertion was about XMR it is erroneous.

Let's say tomorrow I start using Bytecoin / BCN for my anonymous transactions.

Explain to me why Bytecoin is vulnerable from deanonymizing my transactions by those who have like 87% of the coins. What type of mechanism is there in place that deanonymizes me, and isn't the same mechanism there for Monero as well - even if the 87% stealthmine is not?

If one entity has 87% of the coins it also has roughly 87% of the transaction outputs, because of this it is fairly easy for the entity to discover your real inputs.

If one entity has a really large part of the Monero supply (say 75+%), Monero is subject to this as well.

...and that's possible because (simplistically speaking) you are mixing with others, and if they have a lot, they can single you out. No?
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:11:51 PM

Regarding bolded, not sure if you are talking about XMR, but you don't need others in order to mix. You can mix passively, so if your assertion was about XMR it is erroneous.

Let's say tomorrow I start using Bytecoin / BCN for my anonymous transactions.

Explain to me why Bytecoin is vulnerable from deanonymizing my transactions by those who have like 87% of the coins. What type of mechanism is there in place that deanonymizes me, and isn't the same mechanism there for Monero as well - even if the 87% stealthmine is not?

If one entity has 87% of the coins it also has roughly 87% of the transaction outputs, because of this it is fairly easy for the entity to discover your real inputs.

If one entity has a really large part of the Monero supply (say 75+%), Monero is subject to this as well.

...and that's possible because (simplistically speaking) you are mixing with others, and if they have a lot, they can single you out. No?

When sending a transaction, you select some random transaction outputs on the blockchain and mix those with your own "real coins". This also explains why a entity that has a really large amount of the supply is able to deanonymize you.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:16:06 PM

When sending a transaction, you select some random transaction outputs on the blockchain and mix those with your own "real coins". This also explains why a entity that has a really large amount of the supply is able to deanonymize you.

And that's exactly my point. You have to mix with something other than your own and when you do that you are potentially vulnerable (with the probabilities being from very low, to very high, depending other parameters).
OSMIUMCOIN

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:17:44 PM

Withdraw DASH not work on cryptsy , still have problem withdraw othercoins  Angry

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 11:00:56 PM

but the chain itself is available for everybody to see

Thats a bit of a pointless definition of 'public'.

A 'public blockchain' in all reasonable sense of the word is one that supports a public consensus as to its transactions and balances.

The word you so valiantly struggled but failed to produce is "transparent."  As in, Bitcoin and Dash have transparent blockchains and tx.

"Public" doesn't mean "transparent."  EG, a public restroom doesn't have transparent walls.  EG, in a public school, student records are not transparently accessible.

Please learn to dictionary, and stop twisting the meaning of words to make your shitty scam-coin look better in comparison to legitimate privacy coins.

And FYI, a 'view key' allows XMR transaction/balance details to be made transparent (perhaps even public!), at the discretion of the user.

All of your FUD denigrating zero-knowledge proofs and homomorphic functions only effects low-information housewife and farmer types who don't understand any maths higher than geometry.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 11:05:22 PM

That's nice, but has 0% relevance to Dash, which is the topic of this thread.

Please stay on topic, no matter how much you want to be a good cultist and attack-the-attackers.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 11:08:33 PM

hi folks,

using darksend for the first time and have to say its takin ages to complete. i set it to four rounds and its mixing since 20h now!

LOL AlexGR, DASH is already in the trash heap. The big DASH scam coin that can't even send a simple anon transaction in 20 hours.. i bet even Anoncoin and Shadowcash can do that.

20+ hours to send one simple anon tx?  WTF?  Even DarkNote and Boolberry can do much better than that!

Why is Duffield working on Evolusham and taking all-expenses-paid marketing junkets to Mexico and Miami, when he obviously has major issues with the basic functionality of his old project?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 11:08:56 PM

lol
travelling in packs as usual
i bet there are 1-2 more trolls coming soon
as they always do

That's nice, but has 0% relevance to Dash, which is the topic of this thread.

Please stay on topic, no matter how much you want to be a good cultist and attack-the-attackers.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:10:53 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2015, 11:33:00 PM by smooth

All of your FUD denigrating zero-knowledge proofs and homomorphic functions only effects low-information housewife and farmer types who don't understand any maths higher than geometry.

Someone who refuses to acknowledge cryptographic math will never accept cryptocurrency of any kind because under those conditions it is impossible to have confidence that your coins are secure and that you will be able to spend them when you need to. As much as toknormal tries, he is spinning his wheels on this idiotic concept that one particular form of cryptography is good and another kind is bad.

The only audience with which his version of reality is likely to have any sort of resonance is a subset of Bitcoin users who have somehow accepted Bitcoin's use of elliptic curve cryptography as secure but suddenly turn into Luddites when it comes to a blockchain with a different but also mature and well-vetted use of elliptic curve cryptography. It is a tiny sliver indeed.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:22:57 PM

FYI: there are coins out there that have default instant mixing without involving counterparties and that even can be done offline.

If you are mixing, you are always mixing with someone else. And he can single you out (sybil attack).

There is a huge difference between Sybil attack at one particular time and Sybil attack over all time. Cost is one aspect of it, but not the only one. The former does allow you to be singled out and targeted and the latter does not. There is also an interference effect where multiple non-cooperating parties all trying to attack cancel each other out. This is forced if the attack can only go after the entire chain. But if the attacks can be targeted, different targets will likely have different attackers, so lack of interference is possible. The only possible Sybil attack on an entire chain requires not only that such an attack exist, but that there be only one attacker (attacking via a large premine is one way to start to accomplish this, although even then you have to continue the attack indefinitely or it will eventually burn out).

There is also minimal difference in "bloat" between any mixing protocols. In fact it is plausible that cryptographic mixing may turn out to be more efficient, because sub-linear methods exist. They have issues at the moment and aren't entirely practical, but they do at least exist. I can't think of any way to do sub-linear coinjoin mixing. I think it is just impossible (but I like to avoid using that word).

Finally there Sybil attacks on the one hand and vulnerabilities to intermediaries and/or third party surveillance on the other. These are distinct vulnerabilities. All mixing methods are vulnerable to the the former to some extent but not to the latter. It is an added risk to some methods.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:41:33 PM

As much as toknormal tries, he is spinning his wheels on this idiotic concept that one particular form of cryptography is good and another kind is bad.

No. I'm "spinning my wheels" on the fact that one cryptocurrency supports a public consensus audit of its veracity. The other does not.

Nothing to do with cryptographic b.s. or even math.

To do with seeing and counting by the people who are being asked to endorse it with value - i.e. the public (as opposed to a bank).

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:49:59 PM

As much as toknormal tries, he is spinning his wheels on this idiotic concept that one particular form of cryptography is good and another kind is bad.

No. I'm "spinning my wheels" on the fact that one cryptocurrency supports a public consensus audit of its veracity. The other does not.

You are completely spinning your wheels.

Both allow that, if the cryptographic functions check out. Both do not, if the cryptographic functions do not check out.

It isn't even possible to know that you are looking at a valid blockchain at all unless you verify the cryptographic functions. Dash, Bitcoin, whatever. Please learn how cryptocurrencies work. Or don't. It is certainly possible to speculate on them without understanding them. So it is up to you.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:53:53 PM

To do with seeing and counting by the people who are being asked to endorse it with value - i.e. the public (as opposed to a bank).

They don't understand anything, Toknormal.  They're thick as a brick.  It's also absolutely something an obfuscated blockchain, like cryptonote, can never fix, so they will purposefully remain thick.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:55:43 PM

Is it happy hour here or something ? Wait, let me refrase that... is there any monero dev thats is currently not active on the Dash ANN thread under pseudo names ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:56:25 PM

They don't understand anything, Toknormal.  They're thick as a brick.  It's also absolutely something an obfuscated blockchain, like cryptonote, can never fix, so they will purposefully remain thick.

Toknormal logged into his Tantestefana account

"LoL !"

Surprised it took me this long to notice. The unbelievably idiotic posts from these 2 accounts should have been a dead giveaway
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:58:15 PM

Please learn how cryptocurrencies work.

Please learn how accountants work.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:11:24 AM

LOL, see?  Told ya so!  I'm talking double sized bricks (you know, the 4X4 ones?  No thin side to get through!  LOL)

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:12:11 AM

LOL, see?  Told ya so!  I'm talking double sized bricks (you know, the 4X4 ones?  No thin side to get through!  LOL)

"LoL"

What are you laughing at exactly? Toknormal's complete ineptitude? He couldn't even respond to the point... argument fail.

Toknormal Sad
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:14:57 AM

yeahhh, more thread bumps from trolls that make posts that either nobody reads or that people in general forget 5 seconds after
having read them.

In the mean time it would be nice to see something posted thats truly Dash related and does not involve a reaction to known trolls (pref someone besides tungfa for a change).
Lets make it a challenge for this Dash  community : make posts that is Dash related and at the same time is not related to any troll that is posting their sad little business in our thread...
Who is up for it ? Unleash your creativity.... lets show as community that we are more then reactors. Lets act.

Which reminds me :

Disclosure of Dash Evolution imminent !!

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:25:35 AM

yeahhh, more thread bumps from trolls that make posts that either nobody reads or that people in general forget 5 seconds after
having read them.

In the mean time it would be nice to see something posted thats truly Dash related and does not involve a reaction to known trolls (pref someone besides tungfa for a change).
Lets make it a challenge for this Dash  community : make posts that is Dash related and at the same time is not related to any troll that is posting their sad little business in our thread...
Who is up for it ? Unleash your creativity.... lets show as community that we are more then reactors. Lets act.

Which reminds me :

Disclosure of Dash Evolution imminent !!

New budget proposals are up!!! https://dashtalk.org/threads/december-2015-budget-proposal.7210/page-2#post-75483  Dashwhale has all the budget proposal information besides this discussion thread Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 [5471] 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: