Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:22:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 [5480] 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722564 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 11:24:18 AM

Bitcoin has ReplaceByFee and CheckLockTimeVerify.

When will Dash inherit RBF and CLTV?

Never.  RBF is a total shit idea slammed into the code without thinking of the consequences or by consensus by your pimple-faced god Peter Todd and his ilk.
...Let me guess, payment channels are bad 'Because Acne.'...

No, not bad 'Because Acne'.  RBF bad AND Todd bad.  Correlation does not imply causation.  Why is more layers and more fees always the answer with these clowns?

"More layers?" You mean like Dash's layer of Masternodes?  Yes, such trusted third parties are bad crypto are a terrible idea!

That's why Lightning is trust-free and avoids such an obviously centralized (IE high barrier to entry) solution.

RBF may increase fees (or lower them), but payment channels will drive the price of tx way, way down.

What is your problem with CLTV?  Do you just automatically hate it because 1) Dash doesn't have it and can't add it, and/or 2) Peter Todd?

You do realized CLTV (aka OP_HODL) has been endorsed by everyone including Gavin, right?

Maybe someone can ask Evan in Mexico about his (lack of) plans for RBF and CLTV.

Dash inherits features from Bitcoin, just not the really cool ones!

Dash  Embarrassed

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:24:59 AM

more rubbish

It might be difficult for you to understand, but not everyone is a miner.

It's also worth pointing out that lurking in a forum or a thread before posting is certainly possible. In fact some people prefer to read as much as possible before asking stupid questions. Perhaps in your case the noobishness in your first post (and probably many subsequent posts) of any forum you join is never in question and you expect the same to be true of others.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:36:49 AM

It might be difficult for you to understand, but not everyone is a miner.

It's also worth pointing out that lurking in a forum or a thread before posting is certainly possible. In fact some people prefer to read as much as possible before asking stupid questions. Perhaps in your case the noobishness in your first post (and probably many subsequent posts) of any forum you join is never in question and you expect the same to be true of others.

I perfectly understand that not everyone is a miner, been here for quite a while.

Perhaps..might..probably..and more probably...why don't you share your love at first sight story with darkcoin like oblox? before i move to another user that meets my criteria.okay  Wink
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:06:34 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2015, 01:25:02 PM by toknormal

"More layers?" You mean like Dash's layer of Masternodes?  Yes, such trusted third parties are bad crypto are a terrible idea!

A "trusted third party" in financial systems is commonly a backer of a proxy asset who will exchange your monetary token for the asset equivalent. As such, during the gold standard, banks served as 'trusted third parties' who would exchange dollar notes for gold, thereby providing 'backing' to the dollar.

Financial "layers" such as the lightning network serve as 'trusted third parties' in that most original sense of the phrase because they sell non-blockchain tokens in a database backed by the promise that those tokens can be exchanged for real bitcoin on the bitcoin blockchain.

A masternode on the Dash network on the other hand is part of the decentralised cryptocurrency network itself - just like any other node and facilitates the transaction of 'real' blockchain tokens in realtime, not synthetic ones in batched-time.
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:23:20 PM

I need help with masternodes and other features, if possible.

Check here:  https://dashtalk.org/forums/masternode-guides.66/

Let us know if you have questions.

I really should add a section there too, but I'm very busy building version 0.2.

Repost:

Friendly reminder for newcomers. Wink

https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman

From zero to dashd (or masternode) in 30 seconds.

(screenshot version is old, but you get the point)
dashman install

dashman status

and for voting...

dashman vote

stay tuned for version 0.2 -- remote management here we come!

any updates moo?
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:23:34 PM

Dash in Mexico

Last night was an amazing start to our participation in the LATAM Bitcoin Conference in Mexico. We were able to meet and discuss Dash over cocktails with many important names in the industry. What was totally clear is the forums are a mirage, the real work is happening out there where entrepreneurs and activists are putting in real effort into developing and promoting the eco-system.

The reception on the work Dash is doing has been amazing and it was only the first night, many brand names in the industry had the opportunity to discuss one to one with us about how Dash works and the advantages of a two tier network. Many old time crypto enthusiast are really supportive of the project and we are clearly moving in the right direction.

I am really looking forward to starting the Evolution discussion in the open forums is going to be really fun. Don't let the forums confuse you, outside in the real world people are actually kind and respectful and really interested in the work of others. A real success so far here and we are just getting started.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:40:11 PM

Dash in Mexico

Last night was an amazing start to our participation in the LATAM Bitcoin Conference in Mexico. We were able to meet and discuss Dash over cocktails with many important names in the industry. What was totally clear is the forums are a mirage, the real work is happening out there where entrepreneurs and activists are putting in real effort into developing and promoting the eco-system.

The reception on the work Dash is doing has been amazing and it was only the first night, many brand names in the industry had the opportunity to discuss one to one with us about how Dash works and the advantages of a two tier network. Many old time crypto enthusiast are really supportive of the project and we are clearly moving in the right direction.

I am really looking forward to starting the Evolution discussion in the open forums is going to be really fun. Don't let the forums confuse you, outside in the real world people are actually kind and respectful and really interested in the work of others. A real success so far here and we are just getting started.

Thank you for taking the time to keep us informed. Great news  Smiley
All the best for the remaining discussions, speeches and cocktails Wink

alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:59:16 PM

alex-ru  - ru (russian account?) "ru" is used in for labeling software,sites and games that uses russian languages

Yes, you caught me, I'm from Russia - you're a genius detective!  Shocked

Here is the rest of all other "Alex"s Dash-supporters who will love Dash in following years.
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Alex/

You'd better reveal all of them and tell them why you don't like Dash - it's very important!  Wink

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:00:11 PM

I don't want to disturb your trolling campaign. Just point that we have big record of individuals comparing people with rats during the XX century.

And It didn't ended well.

Icetroller is a proud fascist, and I think is enough for one thread. Just please don't go that way  Undecided

thanks for bringing me back to reality..LOL these bots/alter ego/multiple accounts/fishy/shady/ratty accounts gave me the adrenaline like smashing the head of a rat and they just roll over(just like after i asked "the questions" then they go silent LOL)...it was fun btw  Cheesy

i was shocked to see a lot of accounts here are...

1.) signup very close to darkcoin launch
2.) first posts are darkcoin and not newbie-ish

P.S. this is not a trolling campaign but an expose of fishy accounts here on the most circle jerked altcoin thread here in bitcointalk...I'm just being creative here.this is not a "paid trolling" as you all say..having fun while exposing is a good payment enough  Grin

With every post you make yourself look even more ridiculous. I think you'll find that the reason you haven't had many responses to your amazing detective work is that the claims are ludicrous.

Perhaps as a miner that will jump ship to the latest and greatest altcoin you wouldn't join the forum just to post about the latest coin you are mining. You hope that the "revolutionary" maximum emission of 1 million coins or "game-changing" block time of 45 seconds will send each newly released coin "to the moon". For others looking to invest their hard earned funds into cryptocurrencies, it is perfectly feasible to imagine that a new investor would create an account to show their support for a cryptocurrency that they seriously believe has the potential to last and do well in this highly competitive environment. Don't forget that Dash has been in the top 10 for long time in terms of market cap and is now back in the top 5, where it has also spent considerable time. No doubt there are many investors, it is not at all surprising that there are some holders of Dash who joined bitcointalk at or around the time of the launch, in fact it would be very surprising if there weren't.

at last...a defense has been formulated, took ~5 days

let's start with you  Cool

what's is your love at first sight story with darkcoin?

Perhaps as a miner that will jump ship to the latest and greatest altcoin you wouldn't join the forum just to post about the latest coin you are mining.

from what forum did you came from? (oblox's alibi was harforum)
you are mining from what website/forum?
by the way darkcoin was at bitcointalk's annoucement page, you can say you are at Hardforum but you are reading bitcointalk's altcoin-annoucement thread? wow..is that your case?

it is perfectly feasible to imagine that a new investor would create an account to show their support for a cryptocurrency that they seriously believe has the potential to last and do well in this highly competitive environment

"new investors" - are lurkers and registered when darkcoin was launched? (sounds like oblox Grin)

it is not at all surprising that there are some holders of Dash who joined bitcointalk at or around the time of the launch

i concur....but like i said the are not "newbie-ish" in their postings  Grin

and please don't tell me that these investors knew darkcoin first before bitcoin and they circle jerk this thread to 5000+ pages  Grin

Alibi, nice... check my join date there. As for the BTC announce threads... there's a huge thread on Altcoins over there. You're a detective, go look for it. Spin as much yarn as you need to.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:07:31 PM

Yes, Bitcoin is going to scale with 3rd party gimmicks and gadgets causing centralization, KYC/AML, and businesses making a killing leeching fees off of a "peer-to-peer" currency.

I would imagine building scaling into the protocol and staying decentralized would be more desirable but perhaps that doesn't fit into the Block Stream's business plan.

The truly hilarious thing is that Bitcoin won't scale, even with such gimmicks. Does anybody want to know why? It's because the Bitcoin community will never accept them. They've been arguing for two years over increasing the block size and still haven't done anything. Increasing the block size is trivial in comparison to implementation of side chains and payment networks. You want to talk about something that will really generate controversy? Ha! Good luck.

In 2025, the Bitcoin Maximalists will still be arguing over the appropriate implementation of sidechains, with Theymos banning any topic that doesn't agree with his particular approach. Dash will have fully implemented its Evolution architecture and your grandmother will be buying stuff online without ever realizing (or caring) that she actually has a Dash-powered wallet. People have been saying that crypto needs to be like email--you use SMTP, but don't even realize it. Evan's solved that problem...welcome to Evolution.

Meanwhile, still in 2025, Monero will have finally launched their long-awaited GUI, and Eduardo Castro (Icebreaker) will finally be out of prison on supervised release.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:32:41 PM

Dash in Mexico

That's really nice to hear, and brings faith back to me in humanity Cheesy...... That and having all the trolls on ignore, LOL.  So glad you all are there!  Please take a picture of the table when you can Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:45:49 PM

alex-ru  - ru (russian account?) "ru" is used in for labeling software,sites and games that uses russian languages

Yes, you caught me, I'm from Russia - you're a genius detective!  Shocked

Here is the rest of all other "Alex"s Dash-supporters who will love Dash in following years.
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Alex/

You'd better reveal all of them and tell them why you don't like Dash - it's very important!  Wink

haha..you didn't get it, i was playing with aleix...it was a joke

i'm asking here. you guys are fishy...nobody is answering my inquiry.except oblox

and.............silence..........from you
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:50:32 PM

It's started!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRyVYaI93c0&feature=youtu.be

Good Morning Mexico City!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:51:02 PM

I don't want to disturb your trolling campaign. Just point that we have big record of individuals comparing people with rats during the XX century.

And It didn't ended well.

Icetroller is a proud fascist, and I think is enough for one thread. Just please don't go that way  Undecided

thanks for bringing me back to reality..LOL these bots/alter ego/multiple accounts/fishy/shady/ratty accounts gave me the adrenaline like smashing the head of a rat and they just roll over(just like after i asked "the questions" then they go silent LOL)...it was fun btw  Cheesy

i was shocked to see a lot of accounts here are...

1.) signup very close to darkcoin launch
2.) first posts are darkcoin and not newbie-ish

P.S. this is not a trolling campaign but an expose of fishy accounts here on the most circle jerked altcoin thread here in bitcointalk...I'm just being creative here.this is not a "paid trolling" as you all say..having fun while exposing is a good payment enough  Grin

With every post you make yourself look even more ridiculous. I think you'll find that the reason you haven't had many responses to your amazing detective work is that the claims are ludicrous.

Perhaps as a miner that will jump ship to the latest and greatest altcoin you wouldn't join the forum just to post about the latest coin you are mining. You hope that the "revolutionary" maximum emission of 1 million coins or "game-changing" block time of 45 seconds will send each newly released coin "to the moon". For others looking to invest their hard earned funds into cryptocurrencies, it is perfectly feasible to imagine that a new investor would create an account to show their support for a cryptocurrency that they seriously believe has the potential to last and do well in this highly competitive environment. Don't forget that Dash has been in the top 10 for long time in terms of market cap and is now back in the top 5, where it has also spent considerable time. No doubt there are many investors, it is not at all surprising that there are some holders of Dash who joined bitcointalk at or around the time of the launch, in fact it would be very surprising if there weren't.

at last...a defense has been formulated, took ~5 days

let's start with you  Cool

what's is your love at first sight story with darkcoin?

Perhaps as a miner that will jump ship to the latest and greatest altcoin you wouldn't join the forum just to post about the latest coin you are mining.

from what forum did you came from? (oblox's alibi was harforum)
you are mining from what website/forum?
by the way darkcoin was at bitcointalk's annoucement page, you can say you are at Hardforum but you are reading bitcointalk's altcoin-annoucement thread? wow..is that your case?

it is perfectly feasible to imagine that a new investor would create an account to show their support for a cryptocurrency that they seriously believe has the potential to last and do well in this highly competitive environment

"new investors" - are lurkers and registered when darkcoin was launched? (sounds like oblox Grin)

it is not at all surprising that there are some holders of Dash who joined bitcointalk at or around the time of the launch

i concur....but like i said the are not "newbie-ish" in their postings  Grin

and please don't tell me that these investors knew darkcoin first before bitcoin and they circle jerk this thread to 5000+ pages  Grin

Alibi, nice... check my join date there. As for the BTC announce threads... there's a huge thread on Altcoins over there. You're a detective, go look for it. Spin as much yarn as you need to.

yeah..yeah..I had taken your word didn't I? but "first post->darkcoin" sticks ....now walk away..
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 02:55:03 PM

A reminder for us In the DASH community to not quote the Trolls.   Thanks.... Have a great weekend everyone.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 03:02:36 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2015, 03:53:12 PM by arielbit

A reminder for us In the DASH community to not quote the Trolls.   Thanks.... Have a great weekend everyone.

so where are you lurking before signup here in bitcointalk?...hmmm

bigratcanada

signup :jan 5, 2014 .......darkcoin OP: jan 18, 2014
first posts: darkcoin and darkcoin and darkcoin

and now..a foundation member....any love at first sight story with darkcoin buddy? ...for a foundation member you should be open about it  Wink

P.S. don't take the "rat" thing personally..okay  Wink
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 03:09:28 PM

A reminder for us In the DASH community to not quote the Trolls.   Thanks.... Have a great weekend everyone.
You too, btw. you have nice dash oak barrels out there Richard Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 03:20:54 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2015, 03:45:28 PM by arielbit

for you fishy accounts there who are having a difficulty..here is a guide how to make your love at first sight story about darkcoin. this is a great example.

anybody out there ever watched a weight loss infomercial on tv? (the testimonial part) Cheesy LOL
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 03:28:48 PM

You too, btw. you have nice dash oak barrels out there Richard Wink

Yeah... Thanks  Wink The new website for the winery should be up this weekend...ivevseen a preview for it and it looks amazing!  DASH and Bitcoin will be accepted! Wink

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 03:37:41 PM

Andreas is UP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRyVYaI93c0&feature=youtu.be

Pages: « 1 ... 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 [5480] 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 5525 5526 5527 5528 5529 5530 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: