Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:12:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 [5617] 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722552 times)
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:54:05 PM

How many nodes does darksend mix with?

It's hard to say the number exactly - it depends on number of rounds (you can choose from 2 to 8 rounds to mix) and amount of funds (explained later).
Mixing works like this (in large steps):
1. funds are denominated into 0.1, 1, 10, 100 ("denoms", where 0.1 etc is one of "denom types")
2a. some of equal denoms (up to 10 inputs, that's why it depends on amount of funds) are combined together to participate in mixing on some random masternode (but only the one that wasn't used lately)
2b. that masternode goes to the (local) "used" list and will not be chosen again for mixing until 90% of the whole MN list was used for mixing
3. steps 2a/b repeat until all funds are mixed

So it's at least (number of rounds)*(number of denom types) but in general the real number of MNs used for mixing should be a bit higher I guess.

This was a really good summary thanks, UdjinM6.
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 03:41:34 PM

Just to say...cheers!  Cool
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:12:35 PM

I don't get how livecoin is selling at 15% higher price than elsewhere?  Who is buying there when they can get Dash cheaper?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
fuze0000

Activity: 518

Enjoying the ups & downs of Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:16:06 PM

What do you think is the true value of Dash?  $10, $15, $20, etc...
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 04:17:40 PM

I don't get how livecoin is selling at 15% higher price than elsewhere?  Who is buying there when they can get Dash cheaper?

whats the info on livecoin anyway...inside scoop?   I didn't really knew it existed until yesterday.  I mean I had heard of it...but didn't think much of it.  Now its pulling off huge numbers.   One good effect is its going to drive traffic to the other exchanges if they can  actually get it for cheaper else where like Polo.   its like 10 to 15% cheaper coins.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 04:20:16 PM

What do you think is the true value of Dash?  $10, $15, $20, etc...

I suspect that with a great foundation team, a voting and funding mechnism that can also deal with governance, which BTC really can't,  plus all the features like instantX and the new evolution features...its actually higher...$30 to $50 to start with as a base.

PS.  Certainly this would take time and provenance.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:20:57 PM

Well there's not to much trading going on now at all since the site crashed this morning. Before that crash though..............  Shocked
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 04:23:30 PM

Well there's not to much trading going on now at all since the site crashed this morning. Before that crash though..............  Shocked

Is the site not working for you?  I logged in right now....

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:33:12 PM

Indeed this is true, it's also scary how quickly one can become accustomed to first class limos too Shocked

pic

LHR last night Tongue

aggghhh...that airport sucks!  LOL.   Well at the least the limo ride would make it bearable.   We'll have to hook up a bevie when I come out to London for my next level sommelier exam in June I believe.

I left a few days later from LCY, a much pleasanter experience & my airport of choice for London, though if I don't need or wish to be there I often use Bristol, I may be back for that bevie sometime this Spring/Summer. Smiley

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:37:47 PM

Yes, it's been back a while but it looks like the crash upset too many people. The trading has not returned.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:38:49 PM

Working fine at the moment for me too. Is nice to see new and fresh capital come in rather than just Polo trading.
Riseman

Activity: 690

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:41:45 PM

I suppose that's because it's the only place with a DASH/USD market and because fiat withdrawals are usually very slow (like days) on many exchanges. So you can't really take advantage of that difference unless you're willing to just sell for USD.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:46:52 PM

Right now, Dash doesn't have the customers it needs, so it's impossible to say.  Dash is ready for the world, but the world still hasn't adopted the front runner much (bitcoin) let alone know about Dash.  I know we have just begun to advertise ourselves, so that will help.  So what is it worth?  It's all speculation until adoption really starts to happen.  If the general population starts to use us like they do Visa, probably $10,000 to $60,000 a coin.  But that will take years.  In the mean time, it could all fail but I highly doubt that's really possible, as I doubt Bitcoin can fail - it's just not able to be "the people's money" like Dash can, but with it's market cap, it can safely and quickly transfer large sums of money, thus it's very useful.

So yah, no matter what, the true value of Dash today is speculative.  But I'm surprised that Dash isn't already much higher than it is.  I mean, It's the best only cash substitute out there as far as I can see.  But don't take my opinion as facts, I'm very much a Dash cheerleader.  I love this project.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:59:31 PM

But I'm surprised that Dash isn't already much higher than it is.  I mean, It's the best only cash substitute out there as far as I can see.  

First ccex fiasco (300 btc buying drks at 0.001 for poloniex dumping)
Then the dumps by all those accumulating at <0.002)
Then mintpal (hundreds of thousands of dkrs)
Then cryptsy providing selling pressure for a long time, with something like half a million coins

It's actually a testament to how strong the buying has been despite all these major supply events.

Now something else: In 2014 I proposed quantum-resistance-proofing for DASH so that we get "first quantum resistant" coin. Quantum computers could shut down any crypto project and, IMO, one should hold QC-resistant coins even if for mere diversification purposes. There is a niche there (like anonymity). As news for quantum computing start to get out, dash's price could spike for being QC-resistant if it adopts QC-resistant algorithms (as long as these aren't too full of bloat).

It seems that someone else will be taking the honors. I've been reading the Iota whitepaper and it seems Iota will be the first - unless I missed some alt. According to its whitepaper, a QC would have 17bn times faster mining than normal bitcoin mining speed. However Iota would reduce this to just 81x. 81x is disappointing for my standards, but anyway - it instantly positions itself as a hedge for QC-introduced instability in the crypto market when a QC-related announcement comes (for now it's just vapor - there is no coin).

http://188.138.57.93/tangle.pdf

4.3 Resistance to quantum computations
It is known that a (today still hypothetical) sufficiently large quantum computer can
be very efficient for handling problems where only way to solve it is to guess answers
repeatedly and check them. The process of finding a nonce in order to generate a
Bitcoin block is a good example of such a problem. As of today, in average one must
check around 268 nonces to find a suitable hash that allows to generate a block. It
is known (see e.g. [8]) that a quantum computer would need Θ(√
N) operations to
solve a problem of the above sort that needs Θ(N) operations on a classical computer.
Therefore, a quantum computer would be around √
68 = 234 ≈ 17 billion times more
efficient in Bitcoin mining than a classical one
. Also, it is worth noting that if
blockchain does not increase its difficulty in response to increased hashing power,
that would lead to increased rate of orphaned blocks.
Observe that, for the same reason, the “large weight” attack described above
would also be much more efficient on a quantum computer. However, capping the
weight from above (as suggested in Section 4) would effectively fence off a quantum
computer attack as well, due to the following reason. In iota, the number of nonces
that one needs to check in order to find a suitable hash for issuing a transaction
is not so huge, it is only around 38
. The gain of efficiency for an “ideal” quantum
computer would be therefore of order 34 = 81
, which is already quite acceptable (also,
remember that Θ(√
N) could easily mean 10√
N or so). Also, the algorithm is such
that the time to find a nonce is not much larger than the time needed for other tasks
necessary to issue a transaction, and the latter part is much more resistant against
quantum computing.
Therefore, the above discussion suggests that the tangle provides a much better
protection against an adversary with a quantum computer compared to the (Bitcoin)
blockchain.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:05:55 PM

Now something else: In 2014 I proposed quantum-resistance-proofing for DASH so that we get "first quantum resistant" coin. Quantum computers could shut down any crypto project and, IMO, one should hold QC-resistant coins even if for mere diversification purposes. There is a niche there (like anonymity). As news for quantum computing start to get out, dash's price could spike for being QC-resistant if it adopts QC-resistant algorithms (as long as these aren't too full of bloat).

It seems that someone else will be taking the honors. I've been reading the Iota whitepaper and it seems Iota will be the first - unless I missed some alt. According to its whitepaper, a QC would have 17bn times faster mining than normal bitcoin mining speed. However Iota would reduce this to just 81x. 81x is disappointing for my standards, but anyway - it instantly positions itself as a hedge for QC-introduced instability in the crypto market when a QC-related announcement comes (for now it's just vapor - there is no coin).

Because afaik there's no public commercial ASIC for X11 yet it probably wouldn't be too big of a political issue to switch the algo to some QC resistant one whereas with Bitcoin I can't see it happening until it's too late. Being the first is no big deal imo.
bluebit25

Activity: 1652
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 05:12:51 PM

Bitcoin was worth $1200 before all the massive funding. Dash is instant transactions, the price can easily go to $100. Decentralized funding via voting, Bitcoin doesn't have that. Not to mention the Conference coming up, DASH soda machine, Lamassus integration, Dash Evolution, 7% halving in a few days....

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 05:14:19 PM

Right now, Dash doesn't have the customers it needs, so it's impossible to say.  Dash is ready for the world, but the world still hasn't adopted the front runner much (bitcoin) let alone know about Dash.  I know we have just begun to advertise ourselves, so that will help.  So what is it worth?  It's all speculation until adoption really starts to happen.  If the general population starts to use us like they do Visa, probably $10,000 to $60,000 a coin.  But that will take years.  In the mean time, it could all fail but I highly doubt that's really possible, as I doubt Bitcoin can fail - it's just not able to be "the people's money" like Dash can, but with it's market cap, it can safely and quickly transfer large sums of money, thus it's very useful.

So yah, no matter what, the true value of Dash today is speculative.  But I'm surprised that Dash isn't already much higher than it is.  I mean, It's the best only cash substitute out there as far as I can see.  But don't take my opinion as facts, I'm very much a Dash cheerleader.  I love this project.

OK... Your view is obviously a much longer term view then mine.  The danger is what has happened to BTC.  Like it or not Mike is right on  point about BTC.  It's a disaster.  2 years ago people were thinking that BTC would be $10000 that looks unlikely since the romance is over.  DASH is just as vulnerable to such a future if we don't implement safe guards to deal with those issues that have plagued BTC and any other yet unknown other variables.  IMHO

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 05:30:32 PM

Wonder if the volume on Livecoin is real? Where has this exchange come from to erupt like this?

Livecoin is totally legit.  Poloniex is a scam.

Everyone should move their BTC and DASH to Livecoin and trade there!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 05:31:56 PM

Wonder if the volume on Livecoin is real? Where has this exchange come from to erupt like this?

Livecoin is totally legit.  Poloniex is a scam.

Everyone should move their BTC and DASH to Livecoin and trade there!

HAHA.... funny guy.  Comedian.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:32:14 PM

Because afaik there's no public commercial ASIC for X11 yet it probably wouldn't be too big of a political issue to switch the algo to some QC resistant one whereas with Bitcoin I can't see it happening until it's too late. Being the first is no big deal imo.

not only that, there really aren't many QC algos created yet and those created haven't been tested.So we're kind of stuck.  But Dash has been nimble with change, hopefully with the sporking technology, voting and Masternodes leading consensus - not miners, Dash will be in no stagnation danger like Bitcoin Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 [5617] 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: