Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:47:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 [5618] 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722552 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 05:39:49 PM

I don't get how livecoin is selling at 15% higher price than elsewhere?  Who is buying there when they can get Dash cheaper?

whats the info on livecoin anyway...inside scoop?   I didn't really knew it existed until yesterday.  I mean I had heard of it...but didn't think much of it.  Now its pulling off huge numbers.   One good effect is its going to drive traffic to the other exchanges if they can  actually get it for cheaper else where like Polo.   its like 10 to 15% cheaper coins.

I'm making $1000s of dollars a day thanks to Livecoin/Polo arbitrage.  This is a great opportunity that won't last forever!

Buy cheap DASH on Polo, sell at Livecoin for BTC.

Rinse and repeat!   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 05:45:36 PM

I don't get how livecoin is selling at 15% higher price than elsewhere?  Who is buying there when they can get Dash cheaper?

whats the info on livecoin anyway...inside scoop?   I didn't really knew it existed until yesterday.  I mean I had heard of it...but didn't think much of it.  Now its pulling off huge numbers.   One good effect is its going to drive traffic to the other exchanges if they can  actually get it for cheaper else where like Polo.   its like 10 to 15% cheaper coins.

I'm making $1000s of dollars a day thanks to Livecoin/Polo arbitrage.  This is a great opportunity that won't last forever!

Buy cheap DASH on Polo, sell at Livecoin for BTC.

Rinse and repeat!   Cool

In that I agree... It is strange.  What's the delay time between deposit withdrawal?  For example BTC deposit into Polo how long to clear?  And how long to confirm from dash withdrawal  on a Polo to deposit clearing on Livecoin? I'd do this more often with other currencies as well... But the lag time is annoying as he'll and not predictable...

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:45:41 PM

OK... Your view is obviously a much longer term view then mine.  The danger is what has happened to BTC.  Like it or not Mike is right on  point about BTC.  It's a disaster.  2 years ago people were thinking that BTC would be $10000 that looks unlikely since the romance is over.  DASH is just as vulnerable to such a future if we don't implement safe guards to deal with those issues that have plagued BTC and any other yet unknown other variables.  IMHO

Well, I agree with your short term price opinion, it's just that the market is so fickle, who knows Tongue

As far as Bitcoin's failures, man, that's what all of these past two years in Dash has been about.  We aren't as vulnerable because we have those safeguards.  We are nimble, because mining consensus isn't the driving force for upgrading software, rather Masternodes are, and Masternodes have proven themselves to be more interested in the network's welfare than miners, probably because they can make more money by increasing the usefulness and quality of the network, thus increasing the price of Dash, than they can by thinking short term.  They originally going to get 60% of the mining rewards and instead voted for a split, 45 45 10 and may vote to put more into the budgeting system in the future.  This reduces their income, but because it's good for he network, it's very likely it'll happen some day.  That simple consensus system is very powerful.

Add to that other fixed items on the Bitcoin faults list:

privacy
speed
soon ease of use

Dash is hardly vulnerable, and has not been sitting on it's laurels in that regard Smiley

But you know this, what is it that you think we're not covering?  The Quantum computing stuff?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:22:41 PM

The scaling issue isn't solved in any cryptocurrency right now. We are not affected by it due to low blockchain use compared to BTC. If we had BTC-level use it would be the same or worse (due to mixing overhead).
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:40:02 PM

But you know this, what is it that you think we're not covering?  The Quantum computing stuff?

Apparently NASA already has a Quantum Computer:
http://www.dwavesys.com/press-releases/d-wave-systems-announces-multi-year-agreement-provide-its-technology-google-nasa-and

"...installation of a succession of quantum systems—including a 1,097 qubit D-Wave 2X™ system now operating at the NAS facility"

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:47:18 PM

The scaling issue isn't solved in any cryptocurrency right now. We are not affected by it due to low blockchain use compared to BTC. If we had BTC-level use it would be the same or worse (due to mixing overhead).

By next year we should have at least some function with the MN quorums processing transactions, at which point, there will be no problems, and I can't see Dash growing that fast in a year.  It would be a nice problem to have though Wink

The way I see it is, eventually there will be secure block trimming of expired, no longer in use or needed information regarding transactions (not proofs) and that will slow down the blocksize growth considerably.  Mixing will really only need 1 round in Evolution, 2 rounds for the paranoid because the system hides iP addresses.  So that will reduce the pressure on block size as well. 

Very little time has been spent on that kind of thing so far, and I'm sure there are a LOT of ways to improve the efficiency of the blockchain Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:57:12 PM

oh my , thats a lot of 24H volume

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:07:34 PM

Apparently NASA already has a Quantum Computer:
http://www.dwavesys.com/press-releases/d-wave-systems-announces-multi-year-agreement-provide-its-technology-google-nasa-and

"...installation of a succession of quantum systems—including a 1,097 qubit D-Wave 2X™ system now operating at the NAS facility"

Some interesting points in this article by Kaspersky:
https://blog.kaspersky.com/quantum-computers-and-the-end-of-security/2852/

Earlier they made the point that encryption came about due to packet sniffing, being able to just grab the communication being transmitted as there is only a few channels one can use.  But....:

"Quite amusingly, quantum physics might offer the remedy to threats it poses. Theoretically speaking, it’s impossible to eavesdrop on a connection if it’s based on a single micro-particles transmission – quantum physics laws say that to try to measure one parameter of a micro-particle will alter another parameter. This phenomenon, known as the observer effect (and often confused with the uncertainty principle), should resolve the main issue of “classical” communications – the possibility of eavesdropping. Each attempt to spy on a communication will alter the transmitted message.

In quantum communications, significant interference means that an unwanted third party monitors the connection. Of course, you want to prevent information leaks, as well as know that it happens. That is one of the reasons why modern quantum cryptosystems only use “quantum” communication channels to negotiate session encryption keys, which are used to encrypt information transmitted via traditional channels. So a potentially intercepted key is rejected and parties negotiate a new key until transmission comes unaltered. We see that quantum key distribution (QKD) system is being used exactly in the same role, as asymmetric cryptoalgorithms, which may fall to quantum attacks soon."

Of course, this doesn't affect hashing or encryption of stored data

The article ends this way:

"quantum devices will remain niche for many years, you won’t encounter dozens of them in each office or apartment as it currently happens with Wi-Fi or smartphones. That’s why it’s too early to dismiss math – classic cryptosystems, which are able to work over any physical communication channel, will remain in high demand for many decades. However, there is a need to pick new algorithms, more resistant to quantum computing."

So I think we'll have time and should take the time to choose the right encryption, etc... when the time comes, which isn't for quite some time.  I also believe that it must be pretty easy to change out the algorithm without affecting anything else in the code.  So in a lot of ways, worrying about quantum computers isn't required right now.  Cryptonote projects, I would be concerned about, simply because their privacy could be completely unraveled, where as Dash is simple mixing, creating doubt as to who the funds originally belonged to and where they came from.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:08:17 PM

Why is there suddenly so much volume and revaluation ?

What's going on ?

Is it just the hedging tide coming back in from bitcoin's correction ?

Drinks machine ?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:18:53 PM

What's going on ?

Drinks machine ?

You're our market mentor, YOU need to tell US!  LOL. 

I'm going to guess it has something to do with Bitcoin's slap in the face by Hearn and the marketing we've been doing finally moving people into action.  Then once things started to move, it flows heavy a while.  I think it's slowing down, but what's interesting to me is that the price is holding.  I'm also glad to see Bitcoin has leveled off as well.

Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:19:41 PM

What's going on ?

Drinks machine ?

The revelation that Craptsy had $13mil+ stolen 18 months ago, 456k dash included...

Dash has been pretty much confirmed sold already... which explains the downward pressure over the last 18 months, and the panic buying now that there is not much left for sale...

As for other coins, I think people are worried about huge impending dumps...

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
BitWater

Activity: 402
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:21:04 PM

Wow that was a nice boost in price today! Now I can sell my ETH for a Voodoo 5 5500 AGP (what can I say I love 3DFX) to finish my retro game rig!

Did they officially make Bitcoin 2mb block size?

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:21:09 PM

What's going on ?

Drinks machine ?

I think the fact that Cryptsy finished selling their coins 450K+ DASH sold over the last year took a lot of artificial sell pressure out of the market.  Also, took away the uncertainty of what would happen when they finally closed down and it was a relieve for the market that there was no dump as a result of Cryptsy closing doors.

Other than that Dash has been working hard over the last year to bring new functionality on governance and funding that the general crypto markets are proving to be key for long term sustainability.
bluebit25

Activity: 1652
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 07:34:13 PM

I did not know Crypsty was selling its Dash before it went bankrupt, no wonder the price is rising, that and the Conference, have you seen the list of speakers this year, a lot of big names. Can't wait for the DASH soda machine to be revealed, they should reveal it with a large blanket. Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 07:36:01 PM

Purchase using Bitcoins - My Experience (by DT member greensheep)

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashisdigitalcash/purchase-using-bitcoins-1557088288.html

BitWater

Activity: 402
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:46:47 PM

I haven't been able to log into Cryptsy all day today. Seems as if the website is officially down.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 08:05:07 PM

What's going on ?

Drinks machine ?

You're our market mentor, YOU need to tell US!  LOL.  

I'm going to guess it has something to do with Bitcoin's slap in the face by Hearn and the marketing we've been doing finally moving people into action.  Then once things started to move, it flows heavy a while.  I think it's slowing down, but what's interesting to me is that the price is holding.  I'm also glad to see Bitcoin has leveled off as well.

I think what Hearn did was awesome!  Bitcoin community has been arrogant and negligent in its behavior.   That combined its belief in its own self importance and inability to deal with the mounting issues with its ecosystem....Hearn has given it a slap in the face to wake up.  I don't think Bitcoin has seen the bottom yet and I believe there is MUCH MORE pain to come.  If Hearn is correct that merely 2 Chinese miners own more then 50% of the blockchain, we haven't seen the bottom of Bitcoin.  Sorry for those of you that exalt BTC...but when someone like me from the outside of BTC community reads whats going on....I cant help but feel the fall of BTC is yet to come.  Mike hopefully gave the BTC community a much needed kick in the pants.  Unfortunately the response from the BTC community has been the opposite and even threatening Mike Hearns life...I have no faith at the moment that anything will be accomplished in the short term...there needs to be a change of guard over there.

Just my observations...

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:22:58 PM

If Hearn is correct that merely 2 Chinese miners own more then 50% of the blockchain, we haven't seen the bottom of Bitcoin.

Nationality is irrelevant. Mining centralization is a problem in general (until a solution is found) and it doesn't affect BTC only, but rather tens of cryptocurrencies including DASH

404360   37 seconds   1   4.17857144 DASH   3847.3   Coinmine.pl
404359   1 minute   2   14.72181423 DASH   3860.0   Coinmine.pl
404358   1 minute   7   2,357.21411384 DASH   3947.6   Coinmine.pl
404357   4 minutes   7   290.44181073 DASH   4138.6   Unknown
404356   8 minutes   3   319.08682763 DASH   4272.6   Unknown
404355   10 minutes   13   3,164.26475198 DASH   4501.3   Such Pool
404354   14 minutes   5   58.51273415 DASH   4669.2   Coinmine.pl

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:32:34 PM

I think the fact that Cryptsy finished selling their coins 450K+ DASH sold over the last year took a lot of artificial sell pressure out of the market

Is it known that the coins were sold ? (As opposed to yet to be sold).

Were they Cryptsy's own holdings or depositors ? Is this all part of the heist stuff ?

Feel free to point me at some links of you can't be bothered re-writing the story. I've been following the thread but just picked up piecemeal. I couldn't quite believe that Cryptsy had been dumping half a million dash but on the other hand it would explain quite a lot. (Not everything though, the volume didn't really pick up till last October and I'm sure there were 10k walls on Cryptsy not being sold into right up till late last summer if my memory serves me).

...Ah ! But remember the phantom 1k dumper that kept appearing like clockwork day after day. That looked like a pretty desperate exit operation. When was that again ?
Riseman

Activity: 690

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:35:13 PM

I did not know Crypsty was selling its Dash before it went bankrupt, no wonder the price is rising, that and the Conference, have you seen the list of speakers this year, a lot of big names. Can't wait for the DASH soda machine to be revealed, they should reveal it with a large blanket. Smiley

It may as well be a short term pump on rumors, which may be followed by a dump on real news. Be careful, everyone.
Pages: « 1 ... 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 5599 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 [5618] 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 5654 5655 5656 5657 5658 5659 5660 5661 5662 5663 5664 5665 5666 5667 5668 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: