Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:24:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 [5720] 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 5749 5750 5751 5752 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 08:00:54 PM

Looks like the Dash correction might be over now. I see an inverted head n shoulders near completion.

Get Dash while its cheap ;-)

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:10:51 PM

Everyone on Android, BEWARE !!

Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 08:53:25 PM

So much butthurt he has to report every post he gets rekt in. Nice try, I'll post it again as it's clearly not off topic:

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

No, Dash's rebranding and Evolution hype cycles are over, and probably never coming back.  It's all downhill from here

Definitely saving this one.

Should we register "dashobituaries.com" and fill it with iCEHOLE's posts in here?
What about the reference node which marked the doom of Dash, Eduardo deAssrape? Oh wait, it's gone forever, just like your credibility, Hashfast scammer.

Emphasis added for moderators with bad vision

Department of

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 08:58:28 PM

tok.. .what crash? It's not happening! Should have happened by now, no? Only waves of uptrend. Slight "correction" today, but still... what's your take?

Don't know. If the 1-hour correction manages to complete before the 30-minute chart rolls over again then it might survive this level and propel on a bit. But the rise is pretty phenomenal. There's something totally unnatural about it. I've seen it so many times - Blackcoin, Maza, Bitbay, you name it. Somebody is sitting there with an absolute monster reservoir of Ether just waiting to pick their moment. They need to wait for enough liquidity to build at the lower levels which will be their primary dumping ground.

a.t.m. I don't see it getting past that last high - people would be a bit mad to start buying in at this point.

[Sorry for off-topic garbage. Current background topic of the day.]

I thought things might be getting spread around a little more with all the volume ETH has been having, but I looked at the top addresses in the block explorer last night and it spooked me.  There are still over 100 address with 100000+ ETH sitting in them- and the top 572 are still over 20000. These 20000 ETH people casually dropped in 10 BTC to the IPO and are now sitting on over $116000 at the current price...
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 09:11:38 PM

ETH experiencing gravity after all, question is : will it totally crash (back to 0.006) or somehow still recover ?

https://cryptrader.com/charts/poloniex/eth/btc

New money on the weekend. It'll be fine for now. It's what happens on Monday that matters.

tok.. .what crash? It's not happening! Should have happened by now, no? Only waves of uptrend. Slight "correction" today, but still... what's your take?

Don't know. If the 1-hour correction manages to complete before the 30-minute chart rolls over again then it might survive this level and propel on a bit. But the rise is pretty phenomenal. There's something totally unnatural about it. I've seen it so many times - Blackcoin, Maza, Bitbay, you name it. Somebody is sitting there with an absolute monster reservoir of Ether just waiting to pick their moment. They need to wait for enough liquidity to build at the lower levels which will be their primary dumping ground.

a.t.m. I don't see it getting past that last high - people would be a bit mad to start buying in at this point.

I thought things might be getting spread around a little more with all the volume ETH has been having, but I looked at the top addresses in the block explorer last night and it spooked me.  There are still over 100 address with 100000+ ETH sitting in them- and the top 572 are still over 20000. These 20000 ETH people casually dropped in 10 BTC to the IPO and are now sitting on over $116000 at the current price...

ETH is off-topic here.

Please post somewhere else.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 09:14:48 PM

So much butthurt he has to report every post he gets rekt in. Nice try, I'll post it again as it's clearly not off topic:

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

No, Dash's rebranding and Evolution hype cycles are over, and probably never coming back.  It's all downhill from here

Definitely saving this one.

Should we register "dashobituaries.com" and fill it with iCEHOLE's posts in here?
What about the reference node which marked the doom of Dash, Eduardo deAssrape? Oh wait, it's gone forever, just like your credibility, Hashfast scammer.

Emphasis added for moderators with bad vision

I've never reported a post.  Not in all my time here.

You have reported 0 posts

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 09:34:54 PM

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 09:45:26 PM

ETH experiencing gravity after all, question is : will it totally crash (back to 0.006) or somehow still recover ?

https://cryptrader.com/charts/poloniex/eth/btc

New money on the weekend. It'll be fine for now. It's what happens on Monday that matters.

ETH is off-topic here.

Please post somewhere else.

Yes, please go here to discuss ETH. (The Ethereum Paradox)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 09:57:28 PM

yep, specially not iCEY (who by the way is pretty much the last person on earth to determine what is off topic in this Dash ANN)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 12:09:25 AM

A few things:

Darksend

Definitely horrendously slow if you need to use it "right away." Speed should certainly be a priority. At the same time, it's *intended* to be an ahead-of-time mixing process. In theory, the time it takes shouldn't matter too much, because the vast majority of your purchases (anything that you purchase more than two days from now) can be done instantly.

Development Roadmap

I would love to see one of Evan's extremely good "Dash Roadmap" posts. We have a sizable team--I was staggered to learn that Budget v2 and Evolution will be worked on concurrently due to having so many developers. That's amazing--I didn't realize it was possible! It would be awesome to get a comprehensive roadmap, with who is working on what, expected completion date, next steps, etc. At the same time this is risky, because development priorities may need to pivot (for instance, I don't think revamping the budget system was on anybody's mind until two weeks ago), and timeframes almost always get overshot (Ethereum ended up being many months late...instead of "Q4 2014" it was July 28, 2015. Depending on how you read "Q4" that's between 8 - 10 months overdue.)

[mode note: removed off-topic content]

I second this.  I posted a request on this awhile back as well.  DASH roadmap with who is working where would be great. 
FeelTheBern

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 03:58:10 AM

A few things:

Darksend

Definitely horrendously slow if you need to use it "right away." Speed should certainly be a priority. At the same time, it's *intended* to be an ahead-of-time mixing process. In theory, the time it takes shouldn't matter too much, because the vast majority of your purchases (anything that you purchase more than two days from now) can be done instantly.

Development Roadmap

I would love to see one of Evan's extremely good "Dash Roadmap" posts. We have a sizable team--I was staggered to learn that Budget v2 and Evolution will be worked on concurrently due to having so many developers. That's amazing--I didn't realize it was possible! It would be awesome to get a comprehensive roadmap, with who is working on what, expected completion date, next steps, etc. At the same time this is risky, because development priorities may need to pivot (for instance, I don't think revamping the budget system was on anybody's mind until two weeks ago), and timeframes almost always get overshot (Ethereum ended up being many months late...instead of "Q4 2014" it was July 28, 2015. Depending on how you read "Q4" that's between 8 - 10 months overdue.)

[mode note: removed off-topic content]

I second this.  I posted a request on this awhile back as well.  DASH roadmap with who is working where would be great. 

Would also LOVE to see a roadmap. Dash changes very quickly, and i'm sure alot of us are curious what kind of things Evan will be talking about at the Satoshis Island Getaway... What is our goal here? Are we there to make friends? Find devs? Find more whales? Whats the reasoning behind this thing?
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:02:43 AM

Dash governance mentioned at 25 mins,
The Tatiana Show — Andreas M. Antonopoulos :-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_9mCGWIxp4

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:27:24 AM

total andreas
he just ignores the question and ramps on with BTC glory talk
 Wink
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:31:28 AM

total andreas
 Wink

ahh... you're being too rough on him. It wasn't a very specific question anyway, it was a generic BTC oriented question based on "what other alt coins are doing"

But I will say this, although I really love listening to Andreas, the guy just cannot say "I don't know". I have no doubt that his generic answer was because he has no clue about DGbB so he just deflects. I really don't like that kind of argumentation, but he's more of a showman than anything else, so it's worth what it'r worth...
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:35:50 AM

Happy Weekend
 Wink

Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 11:27:12 AM

total andreas
 Wink

Listen again, he gave an answer directly pertaining to Dash.
He said DGbB is an interesting idea but he's not sure whether it could be applied to the much larger network of Bitcoin due to the various interests at play there. In short: "I don't know". And that's just him being honest. Dash is tiny compared to Bitcoin, there's no way of determining the effects of DGbB on BTC.

Nonetheless I think the irrefutable success of the Blockchain governance experiment has representative value and the results can be used to extrapolate an estimation of the impact on the Bitcoin eco-system. Not that we have to do that, just saying that scientists now have enough data to do so. Dash will grow on its own and we will see the effects in our own ecosystem anyway.

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:21:59 PM

total andreas
 Wink
He said DGbB is an interesting idea but he's not sure whether it could be applied to the much larger network of Bitcoin due to the various interests at play there. In short: "I don't know". And that's just him being honest. Dash is tiny compared to Bitcoin, there's no way of determining the effects of DGbB on BTC.
He sounded fairly supportive of alt coins, he suggests there is a potential scaling problem with the governance voting system.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:44:38 PM

total andreas
 Wink
He sounded fairly supportive of alt coins, he suggests there is a potential scaling problem with the governance voting system.

Or implementation problem. I mean BTC can't just turn into a masternode / mixed-mining rewards structure as it is already established.

A smaller developing coin can experiment in ways that a large established coin cannot because the economy is more "fixed" in the later. And that's not necessarily good or bad, it's just the way it is.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:52:13 PM

Even still, his dialogue is a classic deflection without being negative about Dash. Not that it's his intention to be negative, but not to show he doesn't know all that much about it. This is pretty much standard with highly eloquent individuals. Politicians are extensively trained in this form of discourse.

Very common on TV and radio... there is actually a technical name which I forget right now.

"I think you are completely wrong and only say bogus, but I'm not going to tell you what"

"Ah yes, it very interesting you mention that. And I tend to agree with what you say. Nevertheless, there are other who believe that what I say actually has strong fundamentals, and "bogus" is in fact a cultural phenomena with a high degree of subjectiveness. Did you know the etymology of "bogus" actually comes from late 18th century, originally in the US, denoting a machine for making counterfeit money?"

Now tell me truthfully, when you read this^ did you hear Andrea's voice in your head?

Grin
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:36:28 PM

Even still, his dialogue is a classic deflection without being negative about Dash. Not that it's his intention to be negative, but not to show he doesn't know all that much about it. This is pretty much standard with highly eloquent individuals. Politicians are extensively trained in this form of discourse.

Very common on TV and radio... there is actually a technical name which I forget right now.

"I think you are completely wrong and only say bogus, but I'm not going to tell you what"

"Ah yes, it very interesting you mention that. And I tend to agree with what you say. Nevertheless, there are other who believe that what I say actually has strong fundamentals, and "bogus" is in fact a cultural phenomena with a high degree of subjectiveness. Did you know the etymology of "bogus" actually comes from late 18th century, originally in the US, denoting a machine for making counterfeit money?"

Now tell me truthfully, when you read this^ did you hear Andrea's voice in your head?

Grin

Hee hee hee ^^^ funny Cheesy

But honestly, I don't get it.  I *think* all the innovations we see at Dash and Ethereum and other altcoins were directly inspired by Andreas.  I guess only Evan can say if he was inspired by the things Andreas said, because I don't honestly know.  I only started in this space in December 2013.  But from that point on, I heard all these ideas first from Andreas.  And I would think, being that we're following what he preached, that he would be so much more involved with altcoins, especially Ethereum and Dash.  But he's stand-offish.  So strange, that I can't help wonder if he has a chain around his neck?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: « 1 ... 5670 5671 5672 5673 5674 5675 5676 5677 5678 5679 5680 5681 5682 5683 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 [5720] 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 5749 5750 5751 5752 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: