Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:30:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 [5734] 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 5749 5750 5751 5752 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 5784 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722552 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:09:50 AM

I'm quoting my previous post because you sliced the important points and negate my argument LOL

That was opinion, not analysis. Why don't you post some hard data instead of waffle.

The fact is that hashpower is hashpower - wherever it comes form. It goes hand in hand with coin development and commercial appeal. Marketcap and hashpower are generally positively correlated, doesn't matter if it comes from ASICS or anywhere else. There are good reasons for that, not least the fact that the correlation was built into the design of the proof of work algorithm in the first place.

What makes far more difference than any of this however is whether a coin is seen my the market as an original in its class or not. The top 10-15 marketcap coins are there for that reason more than any other and the hashpower/marketcap is attracted to those networks accordingly.

more miners going to work.. I don't think so ASICs is a form of centralization (mining farms, places where ASICs cannot be bought-no miners)

It doesn't matter. Large mining pools & farms are part of the woodwork in this economy. 5 big mining pools is just a highly scaled version of 50000 home miners. Dash is already mined in pools anyway. What's important is that no-one has a monopoly - new pools can be opened at any time by anyone and new server farms created.

The top 10-15 marketcap coins are there for that reason more than any other and the hashpower/marketcap

let's add top 9 Bytecoin filter non-mineable http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/filter-non-mineable/

and my favorite, your failure kill coin Dashcoin DSH..

hashrate increased significantly more or less 10 times many months ago

price stagnates

Bytecoin - Dashcoin current hashrate comparison 80% of the freakin hashrate...just go to poloniex and compare the price of those two coin  Wink HARD DATA eh?  Cheesy

AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:10:29 AM

can anyone say how many DASH per day is ASIC making as of today?
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:12:52 AM

Competition between ASIC owner make coin production cost the same level as GPU mininig.

ASICs only purpose is to cheapen electricity cost and increase hashrate.

ASICs are not as available as GPUs, they are expensive, cheaper on electricity and very low re sale value

mining is..

electricity expenses  = should covered by profit
equipment purchase = there should be Return of investment thru profit
time, effort, investment = should be covered by profit too

ASICs will make DASH cheaper...ASICs cannot assure price increase...

DASH ace card for price increase is only "innovation"..and I highly doubt that "DASH innovation" is really an "innovation" that will create DEMAND  Wink

Coin price depend on coin difference, marketing, usage, tech, coin capitalist, etc.

summarized to....DEMAND

Current DASH price is High for me.
I want it to be 0.5$  to set up masternode cheaper.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:43:52 AM

Current DASH price is High for me.
I want it to be 0.5$  to set up masternode cheaper.

You can join a shared masternode with $500 and get the same return.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:49:36 AM

Guys,
Let me share Dash 2016 Roadmap announcement: https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-2016-roadmap.8068/
Best Regards!

P I N G
 Grin
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:53:00 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2016, 11:34:52 AM by toknormal

ASICs only purpose is to cheapen electricity cost and increase hashrate.

Ok, since you seem reluctant to post any meaningful analysis for your side of the argument (price is not marketcap), I'll do some for you.

Litecoin did take a tanking when SCRYPT ASICS were introduced - namely the period between May and August 2014, but that tanking was more heavily correlated (inversely) with what was going on in the Bitcoin/USD market at the time that the Litecoin network hashrate.

Over the long term, there is some inverse correlation with price but when this is adjusted for coin supply and the chart is re-plotted against marketcap, the correlation disappears. The marketcap simply responds to prevailing commercial and market priorities, not hashrate (although hashrate follows if marketcap increases or even stays the same). We also see that price periodically adjusts itself for increases in the coin supply, which isn't a function of hashpower. (in Litcoin's case it corrected up the way because the market had over compensated for inflation during the year previous to July 2014).

Litcoin's marketcap has nearly doubled in the 12 months. Even that huge price spike of last summer only shows as a modest blip on the marketcap profile - a slight correction for the drift down of the previous year. At the same time, the hashrate has increased - a positive thing from a network security, network effect and industrial standing point of view.

So in conclusion, even when there's superficial indications of ASICS adversely impacting on price, when you look into what really matters at an industrial level, the positive correlation between hashpower and marketcap is by far dominant.

NOTE: The Litcoin marketcap Y-axis is misleadingly compressed. It actually doubled it's marketcap between Jan 2015 and Feb 2016 (So did Dash by the way  Wink )

--- Refs ---

ASICS for Litecoin Here they Come Bitcoin Magazine March 2014

Should I Purchase an ASSIC SCRYPT Miner Cryptocoinnews 7th July 2014

Litcoin Hashrate bitinfocharts.com

Litecoin / USD Market Prife Profile bitcoinwisdom

Litecoin Marketcap History coinmarketcap.com
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:25:12 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2016, 03:12:08 PM by toknormal

Bitcoin getting some tentative MSM love at last (albeit on the tired and done-to-death theme of criminality rather than financial liberation). There is the odd hat tip though.

Salkenex

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:26:49 PM

384Mhash for ~$2100.

10 months to break even at 6000 difficulty $.10 power
25+ to break even at 12k diff and $.10 power.
(according to Coin Warz calculator)

Roll Eyes

I'm sure your numbers are right. But I think you are assuming there will be no virtuous cycle provided by a more secure blockchain. A Chinese company committed time and people and money to design, tapeout, manufacture, characterize, and bring into production an IC that is dedicated to mining X11 secured blockchains. This is capital intensive work. This is not rolleyes. This is a vote of confidence in the future of DASH.

my eyeroll was really more for the fact that X11 is supposed to be ASIC resistant. If the algo is changed to defeat the ASICS then the above hardware is a waste of money for X11 miners and nothing more than yet another attempted cash grab by some Chinese company trying to take advantage of a situation.
Riseman

Activity: 690

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:47:16 PM

384Mhash for ~$2100.

10 months to break even at 6000 difficulty $.10 power
25+ to break even at 12k diff and $.10 power.
(according to Coin Warz calculator)

Roll Eyes

I'm sure your numbers are right. But I think you are assuming there will be no virtuous cycle provided by a more secure blockchain. A Chinese company committed time and people and money to design, tapeout, manufacture, characterize, and bring into production an IC that is dedicated to mining X11 secured blockchains. This is capital intensive work. This is not rolleyes. This is a vote of confidence in the future of DASH.

my eyeroll was really more for the fact that X11 is supposed to be ASIC resistant. If the algo is changed to defeat the ASICS then the above hardware is a waste of money for X11 miners and nothing more than yet another attempted cash grab by some Chinese company trying to take advantage of a situation.

It still can be used for other altcoins. Even now Dash is not the most profitable X11 coin to mine.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:46:01 PM

I don't see why mining with ASICs will make that much of a difference.  Sure some of us will give up mining, but I only do it for the fun.  I made a whopping $4 over a whole year of mining on my little USB antminers over the whole of last year, and probably $8 on Dash, LOL.  There are still big GPU miners that were getting a little more use out of their cards after Bitcoin and litecoin.  Sure, some of them were holders, but most of them dumped their coins on the market, just like ASIC owners will.  What's the difference?  At least that bot miner will lose out Smiley

And besides, since the begining, Evan said he wanted X-11 to be asic resistant enough for Dash (then Darkcoin/Xcoin) to have a chance to mature with plenty of decentralization.  We knew this day would come, and it's taken over 2 years to get here.  I think Evan did quite well, and the fact that they've made an ASIC that can hash 11 algos - which is a pain in the butt, is a great sign of our staying power.

So all you fear mongers are pretty silly, IMO.  Dash is growing as predicted and healthier than ever.  As far as market price goes, that's just insanity and doesn't matter at all.  The only thing that matters now is adoption.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 05:46:16 PM

my eyeroll was really more for the fact that X11 is supposed to be ASIC resistant.

Don't be so quick to judge. As of yet no hard proof of an ASIC miner has been delivered, much less actual hardware. A poorly edited manufacturer video doesn't count as evidence. We had our fair share of ASIC scammers in the past (Don't worry, Eduardo: this time I'm referring to X11). I'll be convinced when someone independently posts a video review and can confirm the alleged hashrates. Not a second sooner.

Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:02:43 PM

I don't see why mining with ASICs will make that much of a difference.  Sure some of us will give up mining, but I only do it for the fun.  I made a whopping $4 over a whole year of mining on my little USB antminers over the whole of last year, and probably $8 on Dash, LOL.  There are still big GPU miners that were getting a little more use out of their cards after Bitcoin and litecoin.  Sure, some of them were holders, but most of them dumped their coins on the market, just like ASIC owners will.  What's the difference?  At least that bot miner will lose out Smiley

And besides, since the begining, Evan said he wanted X-11 to be asic resistant enough for Dash (then Darkcoin/Xcoin) to have a chance to mature with plenty of decentralization.  We knew this day would come, and it's taken over 2 years to get here.  I think Evan did quite well, and the fact that they've made an ASIC that can hash 11 algos - which is a pain in the butt, is a great sign of our staying power.

So all you fear mongers are pretty silly, IMO.  Dash is growing as predicted and healthier than ever.  As far as market price goes, that's just insanity and doesn't matter at all.  The only thing that matters now is adoption.

+1 This. The point of mining was never for the miners to get rich, its to provide network security. The entire concept of Proof of Work came about because it was determined somebody submitting a block needed to do some sort of "work" to prove the validity of the block. The block reward is just that, a reward, for doing the work necessary to submit a valid block. The intention was not for miners to get rich, it was to reward them for spending actual resources (time, money, etc) to secure the network.

This fear of asics is totally unfounded in my opinion. An ASIC chip can perform the operation of mining significantly more efficiently than a typical GPU or CPU. So if we're working in a system that is designed to be strengthened by adding computational power, why would we not do everything possible to increase the computational power of the network? ASICs will always consume less electricity, and as efficiency improves we can improve our hashrate further without increasing the demand for power. If for example, I have a 100 W data center running all GPUs, I'm not going to simply replace my hash power with ASICs and only use a fraction of my available power. Instead I would buy more asics and still consume the same amount of power, but increase my hash rate significantly. This is what we see happening in Bitcoin and it makes sense it would happen for any other crypto as well.

And if you believe in a future where Dash is actually serving as a world currency with millions of daily users, all secured by the miners, ask yourself which would you prefer: A bunch of hobbyists running stacks of open air GPU frames in their basement (which fundamentally limits the amount of hash power available) or professionally maintained data centers running racks of asics? I think the answer should be obvious.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
FeelTheBern

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 08:03:20 PM

I encourage everyone to go read up on Michael Terpin and his posts on the dashtalk forum regarding the PR proposal:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-system-v2-transform-pr.7991/page-7

he started chatting on page 7 and on page 11 he said something along the lines of he needs to get back to his REAL work, as opposed to explain himself to the community that fired him once already.

He didn't last nearly as long as I thought he might sadly, he seems to just be okay with piggybacking on the core team's likability to get his proposals passed and I STRONGLY URGE EVERYONE to respectfully ask his (soon to be masternode owner) self to participate in the Dash community like the rest of us and submit his own proposals to the network he wants to work for, as opposed to the core team in which he feels is his only "client".

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:47:40 PM

I encourage everyone to go read up on Michael Terpin and his posts on the dashtalk forum regarding the PR proposal:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-system-v2-transform-pr.7991/page-7

he started chatting on page 7 and on page 11 he said something along the lines of he needs to get back to his REAL work, as opposed to explain himself to the community that fired him once already.

He didn't last nearly as long as I thought he might sadly, he seems to just be okay with piggybacking on the core team's likability to get his proposals passed and I STRONGLY URGE EVERYONE to respectfully ask his (soon to be masternode owner) self to participate in the Dash community like the rest of us and submit his own proposals to the network he wants to work for, as opposed to the core team in which he feels is his only "client".

you are on a war path again i see ? i think i will make up my own mind about Michael Terpin / Transform PR the coming 5 months .. thank you very much TheDashGuy, but no thanks.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
spatula

Activity: 507

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 11:14:33 PM

Dear TheDashGuy/FeelTheBern,

Masternode owners are smart, free thinking people and they do not need your constant abrasive campaigning. You are not the hero you think you are.

Sincerely,

Spatula
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 11:20:16 PM

Might want to check your Dash balances on Poloniex.

Something rather odd went on with a friend's 110 dash, gone in 90 seconds and sold for BTC, transferred to https://blockchain.info/address/1Ax9ctEQnG2ZqPbM6Uy37tnZLzH1FbMyB4 which also received more BTC during the day - 2 days ago. If all DASH, that's 30btc dump on Wednesday?  Huh

Only Dash got sold and BTC moved, he had other coins as well untouched. Looked like remote connection to his PC, but nothing else was touched .. just 110 dash.

OK this is getting weird now, check 2 day chart on https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_dash .. red candles and volume spike.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:02:54 AM

Might want to check your Dash balances on Poloniex.

Something rather odd went on with a friend's 110 dash, gone in 90 seconds and sold for BTC, transferred to https://blockchain.info/address/1Ax9ctEQnG2ZqPbM6Uy37tnZLzH1FbMyB4 which also received more BTC during the day - 2 days ago. If all DASH, that's 30btc dump on Wednesday?  Huh

Only Dash got sold and BTC moved, he had other coins as well untouched. Looked like remote connection to his PC, but nothing else was touched .. just 110 dash.

OK this is getting weird now, check 2 day chart on https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_dash .. red candles and volume spike.
That looks like keylogger with Team viewer or something similar. Might loose other coins too
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 12:03:24 AM

The new roadmap is a losing proposition.  Evan is crazy to think he can do distributed storage better than STORJ, SIA, and MAIDSAFE.

Shen may decide to de-anon Dash's entire blockchain like he just did to Shadowcash.

With the example of SDC, we've seen how quickly bad amateur crypto can kill a coin.

With no cryptanalytic peer review to back up Dash's claims of privacy with actual mathematical proof, bagholders are getting nervous.

The carrot of hope for future growth is fading with the memory of the soda machine and the original Darkcoin vision, but the stick of a Shen-type epic pwning looms ever larger.

Thus Dash is entering a self-reinforcing vicious circle of selling and pessimism, also known as a death spiral.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:06:34 AM

Damn, thanks to iCEY's alarming post i forgot what i wanted to type .. something about trolls, cant live without .. sad world.
I'm sure it will come back to me in full.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:44:53 AM

Dear TheDashGuy/FeelTheBern,

Masternode owners are smart, free thinking people and they do not need your constant abrasive campaigning. You are not the hero you think you are.

Sincerely,

Spatula

use the "IGNORE" button
on BCT and DT ! that is the only hope out there
who can listen to these rants all day
Pages: « 1 ... 5684 5685 5686 5687 5688 5689 5690 5691 5692 5693 5694 5695 5696 5697 5698 5699 5700 5701 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 [5734] 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 5749 5750 5751 5752 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 5784 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: