Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:02:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 [6105] 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 ... 7011 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722457 times)
sulfurtank

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:09:19 PM

4284  MNs Tongue

I have to say it was a bit unexspected, seeing the masternode numbers jump from 4220 to 4281/4284
Thats a nice increase in active number of masternodes.

Beep Beep ... 4292!  Cool

MN graph mimics the shape of an S&P 5y pump.

Holy shits this high-intensity action makes me want to wank off to my DASH coins that I hold in a cold storage.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:10:58 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2017, 03:25:16 PM by toknormal

Probably a dumb question, but for what purpose do devs set up a predetermined coin limit (18m) ? Wouldn't that just cause people to hoard instead of use it as an actual currency?

Correct, which is why people need to make up their minds whether they're investing in a currency or a store of value.

In a large economy, the only way to keep prices stable as the size of the economy expands is to expand the money supply as well. This can be done in 2 ways:

1. a central bank can issue more currency
2. the market can issue more "currency" by way of derivatives such as credit capital etc (i.e. denominated in the monetary base but backed by new debt instead of blockchain tokens - see example below)

So by virtue of point 2, a fixed supply monetary base could still work as a currency denomination, but then your not using the blockchain as a "payment system".

This is something that has to be broken apart and thought about a whole lot more than it has I think - not just in Dash but right across cryptocurrency. You are right that the main function of cryptos will probably be "hoarding" (otherwise known as investing in a monetary asset for the purposes of preserving/gaining value) because the limited supply kind of guarantees its value against non-limited supply currencies as long as adoption is reasonably stable.

Of course, it's important for money to be mobile, since liquidity is a big factor in its performance as a store of value. So "spending" in that sense is applicable and must be easy to access/use. But I see that as being distinct from a "payment system" which is generally currency agnostic and simply facilitates trades such as POS, eCommerce etc.

Lots of different aspects to decouple from each other and well beyond the scope of one post.

*************************************** P.S. *****************************************
Not a lot of people realise that 2 already happens right now. Exchanges extend the effective money supply by "adding" credit money to the monetary base on the blockchain. That credit money is backed by the exchange's contract with you when you make a deposit, denominated in the blockchain denomination concerned and all subsequent trades are then carried out off-chain at instant speeds.

In my opinion, if cryptos ever see major retail adoption, this will be the model they'll use. Blockchains will not be used as payment systems because a payment system needs to be currency agnostic, massively scaleable, instant, reversible...i.e. all the things that blockchains "aren't"  Wink
Riseman

Activity: 690

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:58:23 PM

4284  MNs Tongue

I have to say it was a bit unexspected, seeing the masternode numbers jump from 4220 to 4281/4284

MN graph mimics the shape of an S&P 5y pump.

Holy shits this high-intensity action makes me want to wank off to my DASH coins that I hold in a cold storage.

I think someone should start posting the coin emission graph or block height graph and celebrate its new ATH once in a while advertising it as successful growth. Maybe that will be me, lol.
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:59:48 PM

I want a masternode!!!  I knew I should have got one in the summer  Roll Eyes
Now it's cheaper than awerage summer if you buy with bitcoins.

That rather depends how many bitcoins one has and when they were purchased  Wink
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:28:11 PM

--snip--
In a large economy, the only way to keep prices stable as the size of the economy expands is to expand the money supply as well.
--snip--

That was food for thought, as a toknormal post usually is.

Here's my take, fwiw. Fiat tends to be issued in fixed denominations (farthing, ha'penny... shilling, pound, whatever) with no plan originally to modify the set. Central banks do fiddle with the set as inflation bites but in a fairly limited way, at least until their house is afire. Anyway, I'm thinking of the  notion that crypto tends to have a built-in scaling factor that is absent in fiat. Units like "sats" or "duffs" can presumably handle any foreseeable population growth on this planet, although possibly not beyond that.

Switching to duffs as the normal unit of commerce rather than dash (or the in-between units that don't yet have names) wouldn't keep prices stable in a literal sense but would allow the same crypto system to continue indefinitely without "issuing more currency". People seem to accept as normal whatever they become used to, so just as "everybody knows" farthings aren't money any more, so people might know in time that things are priced in duffs, not Dash.

Coindesk published an opinion today noting that BTC had recently achieved relative price stability matching fiat (yen, GBP, Euro cited) but without central bank intervention. If true it demonstrates the irrelevance of central banks! Presumably Dash is structurally even more stable because of the MNs. Your points 1 and 2 have certainly applied historically, within fiat-world but I'm guessing (hoping) that at least point 1 will lose relevance in crypto-world.

I like the possibility that markets can decide what scale to use rather than having it decided by some central entity. Of course I may not like what scale the markets choose (but I already know I don't like the scale the central entities choose).       Wink

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:30:37 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2017, 06:21:57 PM by toknormal

Switching to duffs as the normal unit of commerce rather than dash (or the in-between units that don't yet have names) wouldn't keep prices stable in a literal sense but would allow the same crypto system to continue indefinitely without "issuing more currency"

Thats true, but the problem isn't really one of scaling, it's in identifying what type of adoption your targeting and prioritising objectives accordingly. Take your pick:

1. use of your token for price denomination
2. use of your blockchain as a payments system
3. use of your blockchain token as a store of value

These are 3 wildy differing objectives, all with conflicting priorities.

Lets take them each in turn.

1. use of your token for price denomination"

How and why are prices denominated ? Right now that generally co-incides with either national boundaries or in some cases monetary area boundaries such as the Euro zone. So, in the Eurozone prices are denominated in Euros, in the UK prices are denominated in Sterling, in the US prices are denominated in $USD. This is unlikely to change anytime soon and even if there's some kind of apocalyptic collapse the IMF will just step in and denominate everything in SDR's.

In other words price denomination is arbitrary and not based on any particular property of the underlying asset from which that denomination was derived. (Sterling, for example owes its nominal origin to units of pounds of silver, who's modern day value bears no relation to that of the UK pound note). You can even choose how you want prices denominated on many websites now.

Conclusion: There's no advantage to anyone in denominating prices in crypto over any other arbitrary denomination, so lets move on to the next type of "adoption".

Ok, here there is slightly more to work with. A blockchain CAN work as a payments system because it can transfer value from one holder to another. However, what are we competing with ? Legacy payments systems which are already inuse, therefore the blockchain would have to deliver some kind of substantial advantage to be adopted. Lets look at the properties that a payments system needs to be attractive to large scale commercial adopters:

• agnostic (it should be able handle any currency denomination)
 • fast (typically processing a single trade in 2-3 seconds)
 • easily reversible (if the cashier rang my brussel sprouts through on the other guy's bill by mistake they should be able to credit them and charge me within a few seconds)
 • both locally and globally scaleable (i.e. if my business needs more capacity it should be able to add servers to get it. If the network as a whole needs more capacity it should have recourse to growing infrastructure to gain capacity at least linearly with invested capital)

What do you notice about blockchains ? They are lousy at every single one of these. As a payments system they are "welded" to a single denomination, they are slow, unrealiable, inflexible and not easily scalable by the end user. There is 1 and only 1 aspect in which a blockchain scores over a traditional payments system and thats the fact that the blockchain transfers the BASE MONETARY TOKEN in the trade, not a credit derivative. However this is not a priority of payment systems. They are there to facilitate a product sale, not to move capital around which is a much slower, longer term activity.

So that one's out as well, which leaves:

3. use of your blockchain token as a store of value.

To me this is the only form of adoption that cryptocurrencies are worthwhile contenders for. The reason is that (as I mentioned above) they are the only medium that allows two things to be transferred instead of one in the same trade:

• ownership
 • possesion

In other words they function as a bearer instrument as gold & silver did in the physical realm. Precious metals have lost this ability on electronic platforms because you cannot take delivery on the same platform as the trade is made, so that's where the market is for a new capital asset and cryptos fill that space perfectly.

Where I see Dash Evolution fitting in to this is in 2 areas:

• it supports transparent fungibility
 • it will support elegant and optimised portability

These are sound monetary properties, independent of whether or not Dash is used as a payment system. In other words I don't see Evolution necessarily competing with Visa, Worldpay etc as a payment system (for the reasons I described above) but I do see it competing fiercely with Bitcoin, Gold and any other capital asset in the realm of accessibility, mobility, ubiquity and fungibility.
aigeezer
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:55:32 PM

Interesting. I think you have moved the goalposts, but perhaps in a useful way. It's possible I misunderstand some of the semantics - it's difficult to be precise in e-media.

For example, "Conclusion: There's no advantage to anyone in denominating prices in crypto over any other arbitrary denomination." When I trade crypto, my objective is always to gain more crypto and I'm acutely aware of denominating prices in crypto, rather than any form of fiat. When another person trades crypto they may be trying to maximize $USD value and may be very aware of denominating perceived value in $USD terms. Such distinctions are very important in my world because each of us may think we have gained on the same transaction precisely because we were denominating our gain in different terms.

For the moment I'm stuck on the issue of conflating "crypto" with "blockchain" since there is now at least one viable crypto coin without a blockchain. I'm reflecting on whether your various blockchain points would apply to it, but that's not germane to the Dash thread.

Still thinking. Thanks for the stimulus!

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:11:16 PM

When I trade crypto, my objective is always to gain more crypto and I'm acutely aware of denominating prices in crypto

Ok - in this respect you're right that there is 'value' for certain market participants in denominating in crypto. What I really meant was that price denomination (point 1) doesn't necessarily create any new demand on your coins the way that use as a capital asset does.

So lets say for example the UK decided to denominate everything in Bitcoin. All retailers had to list prices in Bitcoin and government statistics were reported in units of bitcoin. They could do this overnight without needing to buy a single bitcoin, it's just a labelling excersise and as long as Sterling was still accepted as a form of payment there would be no direct demand.

Obviously there would be indirect support for bitcoin's value against Sterling because people would want to hold it, but note: they'd still be holding it in category 3 of the above "adoption" categories since the blockchain would still not be used as a payments system. The existing payments systems would simply be re-configured in "bitcoin" denominations. Credit accounts would still hold credit, however denominated - not blockchain tokens.
aigeezer
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:31:03 PM

Thanks tok - I get your point now.

In general, I greatly value the part of all your comments that explains "here is how things are and how they came to be that way." When you add "therefore x" (for any x), I tend to gallop off in various other directions. Since galloping takes a while, I may not have anything interesting to say.   

Dash ftw - the rest is mere implementation detail (for somebody, but not me - I'm a consumer).       Wink

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:20:06 PM

4284  MNs Tongue

4295 !!

4311  Grin

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:37:17 PM

Can you guys remember that post in this forum about xBTCe supposedly having fake Dash volume ?

I got a user named ttx in my Dash Price and Trade Discussion thread, who posted the following after i requested more evidence :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233119.msg17454579#msg17454579

look orders on xBTCe
dsh/btc
http://imgur.com/3lXKXxc

dsh/usd
http://imgur.com/5a2PloQ

You do not see this strange?

Is there something strange about these printscreens of the orderbooks of xBTCe that he uploaded ? Or is it just some whales trading there ?
I'm not even sure where he gets these orders from, maybe straight from their API ?

https://www.xbtce.com/dshbtc
https://www.xbtce.com/dshusd
https://www.xbtce.com/dshcnh

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 12:04:34 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2017, 12:23:41 AM by Drobek

Guys,
is there any DASH API that would give me details of the latest transactions?

I can not see it here: https://explorer.dash.org/q - is there any other good API I could use?
Cheers!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 12:29:31 AM

Probably a dumb question, but for what purpose do devs set up a predetermined coin limit (18m) ? Wouldn't that just cause people to hoard instead of use it as an actual currency?

Correct, which is why people need to make up their minds whether they're investing in a currency or a store of value.

In a large economy, the only way to keep prices stable as the size of the economy expands is to expand the money supply as well. This can be done in 2 ways:

1. a central bank can issue more currency
2. the market can issue more "currency" by way of derivatives such as credit capital etc (i.e. denominated in the monetary base but backed by new debt instead of blockchain tokens - see example below)

So by virtue of point 2, a fixed supply monetary base could still work as a currency denomination, but then your not using the blockchain as a "payment system".

This is something that has to be broken apart and thought about a whole lot more than it has I think - not just in Dash but right across cryptocurrency. You are right that the main function of cryptos will probably be "hoarding" (otherwise known as investing in a monetary asset for the purposes of preserving/gaining value) because the limited supply kind of guarantees its value against non-limited supply currencies as long as adoption is reasonably stable.

Of course, it's important for money to be mobile, since liquidity is a big factor in its performance as a store of value. So "spending" in that sense is applicable and must be easy to access/use. But I see that as being distinct from a "payment system" which is generally currency agnostic and simply facilitates trades such as POS, eCommerce etc.

Lots of different aspects to decouple from each other and well beyond the scope of one post.

*************************************** P.S. *****************************************
Not a lot of people realise that 2 already happens right now. Exchanges extend the effective money supply by "adding" credit money to the monetary base on the blockchain. That credit money is backed by the exchange's contract with you when you make a deposit, denominated in the blockchain denomination concerned and all subsequent trades are then carried out off-chain at instant speeds.

In my opinion, if cryptos ever see major retail adoption, this will be the model they'll use. Blockchains will not be used as payment systems because a payment system needs to be currency agnostic, massively scaleable, instant, reversible...i.e. all the things that blockchains "aren't"  Wink

Now we're getting deep into the fact that we're on such new territory. 

currency agnostic
massively scaleable
instant
reversible

Now I'm going to "try" to think like Hayek and I'm thinking Dash, a blockchain network and how I see it being used as a currency AND a store of value.  And I'm sure I'm going to get this wrong, but it's so important that we get an idea of how this would work.

I don't think that a currency has to be agnostic, unless you mean that you have to be able to convert values from one currency to another - which is doable these days with computers and multi exchange rates instantly accessible.  I see currencies not being agnostic but very much in competition with each other for particular uses.  And this is why Dash can indeed be cash:

Massively scaleable. Dash is massively scaleable.  The Dash Masternode Network can virtually hold, in theory, an infinite amount of data, but before that happens, I'm certain that blockchain trimming will become very doable.  Still, the number of transactions is also limitless.

Instant = yes that's Dash.

Reversible.  Why?  I mean, most transactions at the... say grocery level, the merchant simply takes care of their customers because that's part of their service and if customers feel badly treated, the merchant won't have any customers after a while.  Anything larger, you can do a smart contract where funds are released when both parties are satisfied.  Dash plans on an arbitration contract option for times when there is a dispute.  I think that covers every normal transaction.

Finally, the elephant in the room: Deflation and loans.

Although Bitcoin and Dash are both inflationary until many years into the future (for all practical terms) they still act deflationary as their popularity increases and more and more people buy it.  So why use it, sell it, lend it?

People let things go, like money, because they have needs.  They need to eat, to drive, to have shelter.  You have to spend funds for these things.  In a deflationary currency, (which never existed before), the prices will constantly go down.  That's weird.  But is it doable?

Maybe it is, the hardest part is getting the currency (Dash) into the hands of many people in the world.  This is the worst of the deflation.  Eventually, things will settle down.  Dash won't be the only currency in the world, of course, and if it doesn't remain popular due to it's features, could lose value (same as inflation)

The economy looks pretty weird in this sense.  As the economy grows (things are produced) the value of Dash grows and deflation is the cycle.  The difference is, the deflation brings the most value, the most gains to the people that are actually producing, instead of those who are printing (the fiat money)

Maybe Dash won't be used to issue loans, maybe the deflation becomes so small that Dash can some day, but there undoubtedly WILL be a currency that can handle loans, they might even be backed by Bitcoin or Dash (such as bitshares was/is trying to do) This leaves the door open to all kinds of new products.

To me, the beauty of the system is that large holders will have to sell to live off their coins, or at minimum, when those coins are inherited, the "horde" will be split among family members, then broken again the next generation, and slowly, the huge amount of coins will slowly disperse to future generations.  It naturally breaks the top of that pyramid until you have more of a mound.  Not redistribution of wealth so much as equal access to wealth.

I don't know though, I wish we had some real economists / philosophers, like Hayek was, around this space to help guide us.  Because this really is a socio/political time bomb that's ticking and will change the world.  We need to understand it NOW in order to set up new rules (how does the government tax when there is no control?)  We need/want at least SOME government.  There are so many implications for the future, and it's not really being thought out, at least not on a scale we need it to be!  Not yet.

blows my mind... LOL, sorry, I rambled again Tongue

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 01:11:22 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2017, 01:59:27 AM by toknormal

I don't think that a currency has to be agnostic

Tante I think you picked up some of my concepts and not the others. It's the "payment system" that has to be currency agnostic, not the currency itself.

All a payments system is (at least any kind of industrial one) is a facility for shifting numbers around. You can't replace that with a blockchain any more than you can replace a shopping list with the groceries themselves. The payments system is a way to get the trades TO the blockchain (or whatever clearing system is concerned).

No commercial entity in their right mind is going to deploy a payments system that is tied to a single currency denomination - that's one reason why you can't use realtime clearing systems at the point of sale. Another reason is that the trade has to be cached at various levels to support local business rules and priorities. For example, at the top of the tree comes a POS terminal (or eCommerce server) which is able to process the current order and take payment, but that doesn't mean a financial clearing transaction has to occur right there and then.

All that happens is that an order is received and a credit card number taken. There's the whole delivery processing that needs to take place and possibly various problem resolution phases which can range from revising the order to suit product availability to resolving wrongly entered products on a supermarket conveyor belt. As far as the customer was concerned, the sale was "instant" but that doesn't mean the payment at the clearing layer was instant. Blockchain properties have nothing to say about this because blockchains will not be involved except possibly way downstream.

I suppose it helps to have worked in and designed retail payment systems to fully appreciate all the complexity involved, but to illustrate the point just look at the cryptocurrency exchanges: blockchains fell at the very first hurdle. An exchange is a payments system but non of them use blockchains to facilitate the trade. If they did they'd grind to a halt because they couldn't cope with the diversity of performance, protocols or reliability. The trading function has to be abstracted away from the blockchain.

The same applies to the commercial world.

*********** However - Addendum: Whole "Nother" Dimension **************

Of course, all of the above applies to trading with "accounts" which forms the bulk of modern day commercial activity. Even if you don't have an account with the retailer you'll usually pay with a credit or debit card which references an account.

Meanwhile cryptocurrencies are a form of electronic "cash" so new criteria may apply. It remains to be seen how this will fit in. In other words blockchain payments would correspond to paying cash (i.e. paper notes) for goods. This is uncharted waters and the extent to which this financial domain can be exploited depends on other factors such as demand from the public to make blockchain payments for stuff. I admit to not having thought enough about this myself but I think it's an area that needs to be far better understood than it is which is why I've been trying to raise consciousness about the various distinctions between capital assets, price denomination policies and payments systems lately.

I hope you enjoy thinking about it too and don't get a headache. If so, here you go...Wink

P.S. I just thought of something else. Cash is a relative thing - it's basically DEFINED by the price denomination of the thing you're paying for. So if a good is priced at 500 USD and the seller says they want "cash" then that means they want $500 in paper notes. If you paid them in crypto for that trade they'd have to convert the crypto to arrive at their desired quantity and form of compensation, so in that case the crypto only qualifies as a "payments system", not really cash (from the product vendor's perspective). So what is and what isn't "cash" is a subjective term and the arbitrator is the price denomination of the trade.

See ? Lots of things to think about and wee strands of conceptual and terminology detail to untangle and properly define. Not completely intuitive.

P.P.S. Look what just arrived while I was typing...it's as if the blockchain was tipping me for rambling. Much oblidged Wink

Riseman

Activity: 690

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 03:01:19 AM

trolls
DASH instamine,premine etc issue

That event was  past 3 years.

If  that person hold 3 year by intentional or lucky aquisition,
he deserve to the prize.

OR they can engineer a pump once a year to dump portions of it and use the excess of coins to suppress the price in between and short. Which is good for smart holders who can see these cycles. Volatility is better than stagnation.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 05:49:49 AM

trolls
DASH instamine,premine etc issue

That event was  past 3 years.

If  that person hold 3 year by intentional or lucky aquisition,
he deserve to the prize.
If core developer group and friends  have instamine,premine quantity ,  they should spread it to dash holder.
Dash holder sponsor developer by budget.

Early 8 hour 1500*1000 coin
Now dash has 7000*1000 coin.
If 1500K coin spread to 5500K coin,     all issue about instamine,premine would disappear.

By this spreading, troll can be sterilized.

you can do your hogwash and whitewash etc..

but for now i will discuss the "etc issue"?...you are still using another coin's name..when will you rebrand your shit coin? again?
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 06:08:24 AM

Ok, here there is slightly more to work with. A blockchain CAN work as a payments system because it can transfer value from one holder to another. However, what are we competing with ? Legacy payments systems which are already inuse, therefore the blockchain would have to deliver some kind of substantial advantage to be adopted. Lets look at the properties that a payments system needs to be attractive to large scale commercial adopters:

• agnostic (it should be able handle any currency denomination)
 • fast (typically processing a single trade in 2-3 seconds)
 • easily reversible (if the cashier rang my brussel sprouts through on the other guy's bill by mistake they should be able to credit them and charge me within a few seconds)
 • both locally and globally scaleable (i.e. if my business needs more capacity it should be able to add servers to get it. If the network as a whole needs more capacity it should have recourse to growing infrastructure to gain capacity at least linearly with invested capital)

What do you notice about blockchains ? They are lousy at every single one of these. As a payments system they are "welded" to a single denomination, they are slow, unrealiable, inflexible and not easily scalable by the end user.

Most cryptos do not and cannot currently meet those criteria. With the lightning network BTC can move one step closer though and be competitive. But as tante pointed out Dash can meet all those criteria with the the fast, infinitely scalable masternode network (clearing system) and with the evolution release be reversible and currency agnostic. Unlike lighting though it will not rely on semi centralized 3rd party layers with high fees but rather do it at the protocol level in a more efficient decentralized way lowering fee's.

When I trade crypto, my objective is always to gain more crypto and I'm acutely aware of denominating prices in crypto

Ok - in this respect you're right that there is 'value' for certain market participants in denominating in crypto. What I really meant was that price denomination (point 1) doesn't necessarily create any new demand on your coins the way that use as a capital asset does.

So lets say for example the UK decided to denominate everything in Bitcoin. All retailers had to list prices in Bitcoin and government statistics were reported in units of bitcoin. They could do this overnight without needing to buy a single bitcoin, it's just a labelling excersise and as long as Sterling was still accepted as a form of payment there would be no direct demand.

Obviously there would be indirect support for bitcoin's value against Sterling because people would want to hold it, but note: they'd still be holding it in category 3 of the above "adoption" categories since the blockchain would still not be used as a payments system. The existing payments systems would simply be re-configured in "bitcoin" denominations. Credit accounts would still hold credit, however denominated - not blockchain tokens.

I would also disagree with this in that if overnight everything in say the USA could be bought in BTC then crypto would skyrocket as it's a superior form of money/currency/store of value that people would want to "own". And that's with the USA having the world reserve currency, so the smaller the country the more value crypto would gain compared to the local currency, think venezuela. If everything in venezuela was priced in BTC there would be no reason to hold their local, centrally planned, hyperly inflated wheelbarrow money.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:07:18 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2017, 07:35:08 AM by qwizzie

Can you guys remember that post in this forum about xBTCe supposedly having fake Dash volume ?

I got a user named ttx in my Dash Price and Trade Discussion thread, who posted the following after i requested more evidence :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233119.msg17454579#msg17454579

look orders on xBTCe
dsh/btc
http://imgur.com/3lXKXxc

dsh/usd
http://imgur.com/5a2PloQ

You do not see this strange?

Is there something strange about these printscreens of the orderbooks of xBTCe that he uploaded ? Or is it just some whales trading there ?
I'm not even sure where he gets these orders from, maybe straight from their API ?

https://www.xbtce.com/dshbtc
https://www.xbtce.com/dshusd
https://www.xbtce.com/dshcnh

Come on guys, i'm asking a question here ...

edit : never mind, i'm redirecting this question to our dash.org forum

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:15:08 AM

...and with the evolution release be reversible and currency agnostic.

You mean you will be able to send $USD, Euros, BTC or Mooncoin over the Dash network from one wallet to another ?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:25:35 AM

Guys,
is there any DASH API that would give me details of the latest transactions?

I can not see it here: https://explorer.dash.org/q - is there any other good API I could use?
Cheers!

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/#
https://explorer.dash.org/chain/Dash
https://www.dashninja.pl/blocks.html

These are the one's i know of.

Pages: « 1 ... 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 [6105] 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 ... 7011 »
  Print  

Jump to: