Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:16:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6606 6607 6608 6609 6610 6611 6612 6613 6614 6615 6616 6617 6618 6619 6620 6621 6622 6623 6624 6625 6626 6627 6628 6629 6630 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 6637 6638 6639 6640 6641 6642 6643 6644 6645 6646 6647 6648 6649 6650 6651 6652 6653 6654 6655 [6656] 6657 6658 6659 6660 6661 6662 6663 6664 6665 6666 6667 6668 6669 6670 6671 6672 6673 6674 6675 6676 6677 6678 6679 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 6690 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722518 times)
start the art

Activity: 395
Merit: 408

Bitcoin OG artworks collection

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 08:42:52 PM

PRICE 800 USD

DASH PEAKS 01 is owned by Evan Duffield [MEDIA=youtube]BMn1EB-eht8[/MEDIA]
DASH PEAKS 02 is owned by Daniel Diaz [MEDIA=youtube]UcGOaylAx1E[/MEDIA]
DASH PEAKS 03 will be ...?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 09:32:20 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 09:46:21 PM by afbitcoins

Let's LIBERATE the users/readers of the dash forums, NOW

Yes, lets liberate the Dash forums by re-directing unexspecting users to Monero created Dash "Uncensored" troll threads  Roll Eyes
Great job demo !! I suspect this is the Monero troll posting on multi-user demo16 account, hi Monero troll.

Trolls : they can't live with Dash and they can't live without Dash.  It must be pretty exhausting, to have a competitor's crypto-project like Dash constantly on your mind like this.

The ironic part of all these "uncensored" Dash threads, is that none are coming from the Dash community.
Thats rather telling.

For example it tells me that people referencing these Monero troll threads are really just tools.
Small insignificant little tools. Posting the same thinizzieg over and over and over. Maybe its a new tactic
from trolls : if nothing else works, just bore them to death.

I must confess though its working, i do feel kinda bored....  Undecided

Hey qwizzie....I think it's time we all ignore these guys. There are really only a couple of Montero trolls that we have a good idea who they are.  We've been discussing this indepth in a private chat room for a while now.   Its been a multi pronged attack vectors....with concentration being pointed towards community disruption.  I'll try to fill in more later ...but it's not going to get us anywhere publicly conversing with any of them and their personas.

Are they filling in for icebreaker while he's on holiday or something?
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 11:06:00 PM

Due to Spork 10 the MN count dropped, as "old Versions" are being kicked from Payment and listing !
Make sure your MN is on the latest version (12.3) and nothing to worry about ; )

It's possible SOME MNs are being taken off line as the collateral is getting dumped in the market after a 36% pump in price.

doubt it
why would u sell an MN now with these "low prices"
look at the chart , each Version update we are 'losing a couple MN's" - going offline
they will be back when they figure out they did not receive payments due to wrong version they are running
+
200 MNs dumped on the markets would "look' very different (charts)

I agree, most of this is due to people not upgrading, but that doesn't mean all of it.
This is purely a technical drop in the chart, excluding 12.2 nodes from one minute to the other.

picking up already ; )

sooo.... price is $181    how'd that happen?

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:13:01 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 11:59:44 PM by qwizzie

Bitcoin drops sharply and suddenly — and now cryptos across the board are getting slammed
https://www.businessinsider.nl/bitcoin-price-cryptocurrencies-drop-no-explanation-2018-9/?international=true&r=US

This AI Tracked Unusual Market Behavior Before Today’s Big Crypto Drop

https://www.ccn.com/unsual-cryptocurrency-market-behavior-before-big-crypto-drop/

Whatever the reason (for Bitcoin's sudden price drop) , it leads to the 'blood in the street' thing again today  for most altcoins (including Dash) : https://www.coinranker.net

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:56:41 PM

Bitcoin drops sharply and suddenly — and now cryptos across the board are getting slammed
https://www.businessinsider.nl/bitcoin-price-cryptocurrencies-drop-no-explanation-2018-9/?international=true&r=US

https://www.ccn.com/unsual-cryptocurrency-market-behavior-before-big-crypto-drop/

Whatever the reason, it lead to the 'blood in the street' thing again today  for most altcoins (including Dash) : https://www.coinranker.net
that comes from Bitcoin, also down. Alts, of course, more...
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:02:02 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 12:37:53 AM by qwizzie

Whatever the reason, it lead to the 'blood in the street' thing again today  for most altcoins (including Dash) : https://www.coinranker.net

With "whatever the reason" i ment the sudden price drop of Bitcoin as described in the links i provided.
I adjusted my post to better reflect that. Personally i'm thinking heavy market manipulation dropped the Bitcoin
price today (there was a 10.000 Bitcoin short position, just before the Bitcoin price drop according to second link).

Bitcoin dropped to $6300 price range (was previously around $7300).

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 12:52:27 AM

With "whatever the reason" i ment the sudden price drop of Bitcoin as described in the links i provided.
I adjusted my post to better reflect that. Personally i'm thinking heavy market manipulation dropped the Bitcoin
price today (there was a 10.000 Bitcoin short position, just before the Bitcoin price drop according to second link).

Bitcoin dropped to $6300 price range (was previously around $7300).

So Shape Shift and Goldman Sachs? Hmm
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 02:06:05 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 03:30:04 AM by iCEBREAKER

Today Dash is being treated like the shitcoin that it is.  Cheesy

But this is only an extension of a very long trend for Dash collapsing vs Monero.

The market is punishing Dash for wasting millions of dollars on Kuvacash and Alt36, two record-setting boondoggles of unprecedented proportion.  The hare-brained Kuva scheme's crappy proposal, despite promotion and marketing efforts from Core, Dash Force, and Wachsman PR, was firmly denied more funds to shovel into their African money pit.  Alt36 will be the next bit of fat to be trimmed, then DACH Embassy and DFN.

It remains to be seen if the Dash Insiders who the promoted the Shrem Attacks of Kuva and Alt36 will be held accountable.  The price collapse indicates MNOs have had enough of Dash Clown Group's three-ring circus and are cutting their losses before the selling gets even worse.

It's time for Dash to dissolve the overpaid and incompetent Phoenix, Arizona based Clown Group, and re-form the DCG in a low-tax jurisdiction with devs and managers who will work for less money and produce greater results.

DCG needs to be run by people who are native Spanish speakers and are located close to the unbanked, destabilized people in Venezuela, Brazil, Colombia, and Argentina.

There are several places offering political stability and lower cost of living than the US, where care and feeding of a dev costs $6,000/month.

Colombia is offering tax incentives that a new DCG could take advantage of, rather than keep paying the American IRS and SEC thugs their annual bribes.

Puerto Rico is a tax haven close to both the USA and South America.

Panama is also legendary for being friendly to businesses and tech start-ups.

Costa Rica also offers stability and strong ties to both English and Spanish speaking nations.

Why is Dash HQ still paying $5,000/month to rent an empty office if everyone works from home?

DCG is out of touch with the real world of adoption happening on the streets 5,000 miles south of their safe, stable town where people have no interest in Bitcoin or Dash because they already have banks.

DCG should be rebooted and rebuilt with a laser-focus on Latin America, where there is a perfect storm of inflation and political turmoil.

For the price of the existing DCG, a rebooted DCG could afford to have offices and dev/marketing teams distributed in all four of the locations I mentioned.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 03:06:49 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 04:26:33 AM by bigrcanada1

Ah yes...the bear market comes back and our pet troll is here trying to take credit.  

Fake News!

Icey and his lil monero brigade want to think they are creating descent in our dash community. Pathetic...What a bunch of clowns.

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 05:33:35 AM

Banking the unbanked is not a business plan. It's a charity. Does housing the homeless sound like a good business plan? if not, why are we dumping money into wealth-destroying regions with no history of respecting property rights?

MNOs are lousy bankers, backing failing project after project. Just pay for stuff AFTER we get it.  Why is this so hard to grasp?

insert coin here:

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 05:39:21 AM

Ah yes...the bear market comes back and our pet troll is here trying to take credit.  

Fake News!

Icey and his lil monero brigade want to think they are creating descent dissent in our dash community. Pathetic...What a bunch of clowns.

FIFY

insert coin here:

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:59:05 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 08:16:35 AM by qwizzie

Let's LIBERATE the users/readers of the dash forums, NOW

Yes, lets liberate the Dash forums by re-directing unexspecting users to Monero created Dash "Uncensored" troll threads  Roll Eyes
Great job demo !! I suspect this is the Monero troll posting on multi-user demo16 account, hi Monero troll.

Trolls : they can't live with Dash and they can't live without Dash.  It must be pretty exhausting, to have a competitor's crypto-project like Dash constantly on your mind like this.

The ironic part of all these "uncensored" Dash threads, is that none are coming from the Dash community.
Thats rather telling.

For example it tells me that people referencing these Monero troll threads are really just tools.
Small insignificant little tools. Posting the same thinizzieg over and over and over. Maybe its a new tactic
from trolls : if nothing else works, just bore them to death.

I must confess though its working, i do feel kinda bored....  Undecided

Hey qwizzie....I think it's time we all ignore these guys. There are really only a couple of Montero trolls that we have a good idea who they are.  We've been discussing this indepth in a private chat room for a while now.   Its been a multi pronged attack vectors....with concentration being pointed towards community disruption.  I'll try to fill in more later ...but it's not going to get us anywhere publicly conversing with any of them and their personas.

Are they filling in for icebreaker while he's on holiday or something?

Looks like icebreaker's holiday is over, it must have been one of those short holidays.  Roll Eyes
I still feel bored though  Angry

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:26:33 AM

Fake News!

Icey and his lil monero brigade want to think they are creating descent in our dash community. Pathetic...What a bunch of clowns.

Interesting way of ignoring Icey

Hey qwizzie....I think it's time we all ignore these guys. There are really only a couple of Montero trolls that we have a good idea who they are.

Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:36:46 AM

Banking the unbanked is not a business plan. It's a charity. Does housing the homeless sound like a good business plan? if not, why are we dumping money into wealth-destroying regions with no history of respecting property rights?

MNOs are lousy bankers, backing failing project after project. Just pay for stuff AFTER we get it.  Why is this so hard to grasp?

I agree with this. Some efforts at adoption in Africa and Venezuela and so on is nice, especially larger remittance markets and also as a template for adoption elsewhere, but it  won't return the investment in terms of increasing Dash's value because these people don't have very much money.

If each person has just a few dollars, even tens of millions of them are fairly insignificant really.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:17:18 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 09:35:16 AM by qwizzie

I agree with this. Some efforts at adoption in Africa and Venezuela and so on is nice, especially larger remittance markets and also as a template for adoption elsewhere, but it  won't return the investment in terms of increasing Dash's value because these people don't have very much money.

If each person has just a few dollars, even tens of millions of them are fairly insignificant really.

I disagree, billyboy's "pay for stuff after" will not work, when people dont have the money to setup their own projects. Projects will never come off the ground this way.
Only rich people can effort a "pay for stuff after" model.

What billyboy fails to grasp is that mainstream adoption is what our dev team is aiming for from the start. With mainstream adoption Dash will be used by
the millions as a fast, low costs, transaction provider. Mainstream adoption will make it easier for Dash to get positive news coverage, attract more users and
get integrated by more merchants. More transactions leads to more traded volume, leads to more adding by large exchanges (Coinbase, GDAX).
All of that will increase Dash value.

We are finally seeing the first signs of mainstream adoption in Venezuela and maybe also in Colombia, which to me indicates we are on the right track.
Dash Evolution (a very large and fundamental update, to be released Q4 this year) should amplify and fortify the mainstream adoption efforts for 2019 and beyond.

afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 10:50:13 AM

I never ever buy monero, not with fiat, not with bitcoin and definately not with Dash. I wouldnt recommend anyone here to trade Dash for Monero. If you are holding monero I would buy Dash preferably a masternode. Like icey did. But thats just my own view. If you zoom out a bit you can see Dash is still well up from lows against xmr.

When they were at parity there were monero goons on here bragging about how xmr would be much more valuable than dash. Dash then spiked up to as high as 1 dash = 6 xmr (monero) at one point.

But anyway, I'll go back to ignoring this trade pair since I have no desire to hold monero.
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:15:27 PM

Decred Cryptocurrency Gives Analysis of Dash

Richard Red who is a Decred contributor, the cryptocurrency aiming to establish a DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization), gave an analysis of the Dash DAO and how it can be applied to Decred’s efforts.

The post started off by describing the difference between ad hoc volunteer funding (Bitcoin and Monero), centralized funding (Ethereum Foundation, Zcash Electric Coin Company, or EOS with Block.one), and decentralized autonomous organizations (Dash). The author added how there are a couple other DAOs out there like PIVX, as well as some coins trying to move from centralized funding to DAOs such as Decred, Cardano, Horizen, and EOS. However, Richard Red stated that “Dash is the only one he knows of that’s been doing it for a while” and brings together traits of multiple categories.

afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 04:57:51 PM

Since icebreaker became a masternode owner and the spirited way he entered the debate on how to spend treasury funds. Its impressive. Demo16 with his 0.1 dash that he owns and sadly no masternode. Not quite so well qualified to give an opinion.

But imagine giving all the funds to miners like monero does. That can be good too I suppose?

I had this idea that  icebreaker could use his masternode earnings to buy monero. Then when he has enough monero to buy a new masternode, buy dash. Then he could use those multiplied earnings to buy more monero. Until he wants another masternode.. Cool idea hey icey

Perhaps thats why he follows the DASH/XMR pair so avidly?
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 05:05:39 PM

I own no Monero.  I think Fluffypony is a pretentious pompous ass, but we have more than a few of those ourselves. Mainstream adoption means MAINSTREAM, not the poorest people we can find to set up some kind of experimental crypto utopia.

Venezuelans will always be poor as long as their government and private bandits steal their stuff. We might be able to help them keep SOME wealth, but not all of it. It is a drain of value for the foreseeable future. Charities are fine. Helping people is fine, but it's not a salvation for sinking market cap or market rank. It's not a ticket to mass adoption.

Entrepreneurs risk their time and capital all the time. It's a defining characteristic and they would work for us too if we weren't wasting all our treasury on making bets on projects that may or may not pay off. We are not even paying bills but we are making bets. Their is a name for people who do that: DEGENERATE GAMBLERS.

insert coin here:

afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 05:06:53 PM

I think Fluffypony is a pretentious pompous ass,

^

edit: watch out billy boy, icey owns the conversation on this thread
Pages: « 1 ... 6606 6607 6608 6609 6610 6611 6612 6613 6614 6615 6616 6617 6618 6619 6620 6621 6622 6623 6624 6625 6626 6627 6628 6629 6630 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 6637 6638 6639 6640 6641 6642 6643 6644 6645 6646 6647 6648 6649 6650 6651 6652 6653 6654 6655 [6656] 6657 6658 6659 6660 6661 6662 6663 6664 6665 6666 6667 6668 6669 6670 6671 6672 6673 6674 6675 6676 6677 6678 6679 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 6690 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: