Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:19:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722552 times)
dark-sailor

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:51:24 PM

guys can i mine cpu and gpu on the same pc??? have 280x gigabyte and i5 ..

is it profitable to mine with cpu???
thnx

Yes, I mine with my 2* HD7950 and i7-4820K (487 kh/s).

For the CPU check : http://wiki.darkcoin.fr/index.php?title=Installer_Minage_CPU_Windows

I was trying to mine with my cpu as well as gpu but as soon as I started my cpu my miner crashed so I tryed another coin with only cpu but still crashed would this be something to do with my drivers Huh

What CPU and how much RAM do you have ?

Thanks I have a 8x piledriver with 16 gb of ram . I have tried x miner and 1.2 miner with dark coin I also tried mining heavy coin just to test but still crashes. I'm thinking there might be something in my bios I have turn off or my amd drivers.

If you run only the CPU miner does it work? Have you tried the 1.3 miner found in the first post?

I have tried cpu only but still crashes I haven't tried 1.3 but I tried heavy coin to test with mining program found on there site and that crashes also. Can't get my head round it

Does it even start? Did you take a look at the temperatures? What OS are you using? and does your .bat look like this:

minerd -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://213.229.88.102:7903/ -u XXXXXX -p x

this is kinda weird

I use win 7.. the miners start up for about 30 sec then the screen goes blank then pc turns complety off even lights on motherboard goes of till I switch it off from psu then bk on.. I think I'll try formatting and starting fresh with up to date driver..
Thanks for your help
peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 02:52:32 PM

Also, someone slap me if I'm way off base here, but if the difficulty keeps going up, doesn't that imply that more people are mining it, increasing the net hash rate? That hardly sounds like spiraling into oblivion.

PROFITABILITY is going into oblivion.

which is much better when it is stable

look at the chart I posted. it has been going down since day 1. where is the stability on that chart. Look at the god damn image.

http://postimg.org/image/kylsqtkm1

probably a good long term investment but horrible for daily miner-dumpers like me.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:01:28 PM

Also, someone slap me if I'm way off base here, but if the difficulty keeps going up, doesn't that imply that more people are mining it, increasing the net hash rate? That hardly sounds like spiraling into oblivion.

look at the chart I posted. it has been going down since day 1. where is the stability on that chart. Look at the god damn image.

probably a good long term investment but horrible for daily miner-dumpers like me.

Profitability in what sense ? Mine and dump ?  Roll Eyes
No thanks ! I invest for middle-and long-term, I believe in DRK and don't care the slightest for its value right now as I anticipate its long-term value.
sippsnapp

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:06:23 PM

No thanks ! I invest for middle-and long-term, I believe in DRK and don't care the slightest for its value right now as I anticipate its long-term value.

Hehe, kindly that remembers me of the very beginnings of bitcoin, there where two groups, those who mine-dumped and those who mine & hold no matter what.
I think thats perfectly fine as we need coins distributed cheaply.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:06:37 PM

http://coinmarketcap.com/drk_30.html

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:06:52 PM

Two ideas:

A) Implement an agenda / tracker of minor issues that need fixing or enhancements that we want to see.

For example:

1. Change x-coin tray icon to darkcoin
2. Change block explorer logo
3. Change block explorer mention of XCO
4. Make a nice looking splash screen for the wallet (bounty?)
5. Fix the cpu miner links in the official website (1.2c is linked as AES/AVX) - proper links can be found in http://wiki.darkcoin.fr/index.php?title=Installer_Minage_CPU_Windows

etc, etc. And have it in some type of public document that can be tracked for outstanding issues so that some minor things can be ironed out.

B) Email coinwarz to add Darkcoin with the profit formula or to do it automatically as a rough estimation of scrypt hashrate times three, without adding the X11 formula. Now, this could be good for coin exposure (as it is usually near max profitability) but there is a drawback: Attracting miners & dumpers.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:12:58 PM

Such graph. Much stable. Very dark. Wow Grin
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:16:51 PM

Hehe, kindly that remembers me of the very beginnings of bitcoin, there where two groups, those who mine-dumped and those who mine & hold no matter what.
I think thats perfectly fine as we need coins distributed cheaply.

True and thanks to that I was able to buy some more.  Grin
Madychoux

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:30:41 PM

B) Email coinwarz to add Darkcoin with the profit formula or to do it automatically as a rough estimation of scrypt hashrate times three, without adding the X11 formula. Now, this could be good for coin exposure (as it is usually near max profitability) but there is a drawback: Attracting miners & dumpers.

No thanks  Cheesy

Let us mine while we still get lots of DRK  Grin
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:40:13 PM

Ah yes, I love the taste of bitter miner-dumper tears. If you can't mine AND dump this coin for profit, then there is a God. Grin
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:55:04 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 06:08:09 PM by splawik21

thnx

For the CPU check : http://wiki.darkcoin.fr/index.php?title=Installer_Minage_CPU_Windows

Thank you ! !! Smiley

Work OK @ i5 gain 287 khash/s extra Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:03:13 PM

darkcoin price chart is going down steadily to oblivion. this coin is not only bad for miners ( low profitability) its also horrible for investors.

what is even MORE retarded is its 400+ difficulty.

LOL, then why are you here?

The difference in price has pretty much flat-lined for a long time, not dropped, not pumped, and I think that represents how stable this community is and the coin will be, even when the price starts to rise.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 04:05:56 PM

its funny how people that learned about bitcoin last 3 months keep talking about the price every single day. Why do you expect to get rich in a day, week or month?

Right now this coin is innovative, with probably a brilliant and dedicated dev but has nothing to offer except speculation since YOU CANT BUY ANYTHING WITH IT RIGHT NOW

How do you expect it to gain value without services, goods etc accepting it?

And because people believe in it they just keep it and dont even trade at exchanges. So with such small volume there is no gain of course even at exchanges...

I sold my Darkcoins in order to buy cheaper, which i did, and people here started talking about dumping. Its not dumping to trade the coin! its how trading goes. I gained 10% only with 2 trades that people considered dumping...

You should make services and companies accept it. Send emails. Even with dogecoin you can buy many things. With darkcoin right now you cant. And probably you wont until darksend is open source.

tl;dr: Make services, sites, companies, exchanges accept Darkcoin and it will flourish. Sell stuff for Darkcoins.Make people accept donations in Darkcoin. Trade Darkcoins on exchanges. Or just keep posting about price droping. The coin is good. Except if dev totally fails, which can happen of course, i trully believe it can reach easily 10m marketcap when a few sites starting accepting it as payment.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:07:30 PM

darkcoin price chart is going down steadily to oblivion. this coin is not only bad for miners ( low profitability) its also horrible for investors.

what is even MORE retarded is its 400+ difficulty.

Difficulty compared to scrypt is around 130, price is rather stable compared to any other altcoin especially looking at those useless clones and premined shitcoins

It's funny how people forget that the primary goal is to create a currency, which is much better when it is stable.... Would you want to pay 1 BTC for a cup of coffee at Starbucks today?

You are correct sir. 

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
cshlock

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:12:18 PM

its funny how people that learned about bitcoin last 3 months keep talking about the price every single day. Why do you expect to get rich in a day, week or month?

Right now this coin is innovative, with probably a brilliant and dedicated dev but has nothing to offer except speculation since YOU CANT BUY ANYTHING WITH IT RIGHT NOW

And because people believe in it they just keep it and dont even trade at exchanges. So with such small volume there is no gain of course even at exchanges...

I sold my Darkcoins in order to buy cheaper, which i did, and people here started talking about dumping. Its not dumping to trade the coin! its how trading goes. I gained 10% only with 2 trades that people considered dumping...

You should make services and companies accept it. Send emails. Even with dogecoin you can buy many things. With darkcoin right now you cant. And probably you wont until darksend is open source.

tl;dr: Make services, sites, companies, exchanges accept Darkcoin and it will flourish. Sell stuff for Darkcoins.Make people accept donations in Darkcoin. Trade Darkcoins on exchanges. Or just keep posting about price droping. The coin is good. Except if dev totally fails, which can happen of course, i trully believe it can reach easily 10m marketcap when a few sites starting accepting it as payment.

Yes these are valid points to consider. But, instead of sitting back and waiting for merchants to accept Darkcoin we should bring Darkcoin to them. We can do this very easily if someone has experience coding and is willing to put in a little work.

1. We can create a wordpress Darkcoin plugin for Woocommerce or Commerce Wordpress themed checkouts. (Similar to what Bitcoin has). If this existed it would drive a lot of merchants to use Darkcoin.

2. We can create a stand-alone API payment plugin for standard merchant sites that do not use Wordpress or Woocommerce.

Does anyone have experience doing this kind of stuff that would want to take this on? Maybe there can be a bounty set for this by the person who controls the promotion fund.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:12:50 PM

We are doing serious business here. Evan & co are creating a long term viable anon currency.

Most of us are not interested in short term speculation issues

Exactly, and the low prices are really good for the coin, because as people find out about it, it is far from too late to "get in on it" as long as your interests are to see it to success and not to pump and dump.  I guess nobody here has been successful at manipulating this coin, though lord knows people have tried!  To the moon!  LOL.  We just sit here going, yup, ok, go back to your Legos dear Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
sippsnapp

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:12:54 PM

WORD!

Πάντα ῥεῖ
sippsnapp

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:14:50 PM

Yes these are valid points to consider. But, instead of sitting back and waiting for merchants to accept Darkcoin we should bring Darkcoin to them. We can do this very easily if someone has experience coding and is willing to put in a little work.

1. We can create a wordpress Darkcoin plugin for Woocommerce or Commerce Wordpress themed checkouts. (Similar to what Bitcoin has). If this existed it would drive a lot of merchants to use Darkcoin.

2. We can create a stand-alone API payment plugin for standard merchant sites that do not use Wordpress or Woocommerce.

Does anyone have experience doing this kind of stuff that would want to take this on? Maybe there can be a bounty set for this by the person who controls the promotion fund.

+1 for shopping cart plugin bounties

Πάντα ῥεῖ
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:23:59 PM

interesting project

I do not know if it is planned but a distributed/decentralized marketplace on top of the protocol would be a killer app
+1
...and then we will not have to put our trust in exchanges, and pay for their lack of security measures as we had with c-cex and poloniex.

This would have to be a huge group effort with other coins, or perhaps a whole new wallet type that people 'mine' for fees, but yes, a wonderful idea and definitely asked before.  If Evan comes out with a list of future things to work  on, and it's missing, it needs to be brought back up Smiley

I just started a thread on the subject at the darkcointalk forum:
https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/list-of-future-development-ideas.89/

Please add any other ideas or comment Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:27:08 PM

thnx

I was trying to mine with my cpu as well as gpu but as soon as I started my cpu my miner crashed so I tryed another coin with only cpu but still crashed would this be something to do with my drivers Huh

Sounds more like something went wrong with compiling the code, or more likely, choosing the wrong version?  cpuminer1.2c and cpuminer-1.3-avx-aes are the choices, and the later one is optimized for whatever avx-aes is, lol. 

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: