Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:35:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722705 times)
HammerHedd

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 12:20:12 AM

Hold on to your Darkcoins. Darksend is not the only feature that will attract everyone's attention - ASIC unfriendly and lower power GPU mining will be like an angry hungry bear smelling a pot of DarkHoney.

MMMM... Darkhoney.....

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 12:23:18 AM

Good to hear from someone who actually really needs these crypto coins to succeed, not just speculator/investor like many of us.    There are quite a few countries with capital controls, not a ton of years ago UK was one of them and in future we could see this increase again as the big dollar is over liquefied.  India has banned import of gold pretty much, basically for similar reasons as it competes with their awful rupee

On the otherhand DRK's marketcap is bigger than whole Argentinas wealth so we won't have much buy support from their side.
You must have Argentina confused with some other country!

Argentina used to be one of the wealthiest countries in the world. Times have changed, but still our economy is quite a bit bigger than $3 million USD. Over 150,000 times actually. Over $450 billion USD per year.

just search "Argentina GDP" in google

Believe me, there is a LOT more than what even BTC can handle, just in "little" Argentina. Crypto is just so hard to use and most people are afraid of what they dont understand. You cant really get any of the latest GPUs here without special ordering or buying it from abroad. Ooops, if you do that then it could easily get "lost" as the customs guys really like high end computer gear.

Anyway if a country like Argentina can saturate BTC, and we only have 40 million people, just imagine what the entire world can do. I think this is one of the reasons all these silly country currencies are doing so well.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:27:33 AM

Good to hear from someone who actually really needs these crypto coins to succeed, not just speculator/investor like many of us.    There are quite a few countries with capital controls, not a ton of years ago UK was one of them and in future we could see this increase again as the big dollar is over liquefied.  India has banned import of gold pretty much, basically for similar reasons as it competes with their awful rupee

On the otherhand DRK's marketcap is bigger than whole Argentinas wealth so we won't have much buy support from their side.
You must have Argentina confused with some other country!

Argentina used to be one of the wealthiest countries in the world. Times have changed, but still our economy is quite a bit bigger than $3 million USD. Over 150,000 times actually. Over $450 billion USD per year.

just search "Argentina GDP" in google

Believe me, there is a LOT more than what even BTC can handle, just in "little" Argentina. Crypto is just so hard to use and most people are afraid of what they dont understand. You cant really get any of the latest GPUs here without special ordering or buying it from abroad. Ooops, if you do that then it could easily get "lost" as the customs guys really like high end computer gear.

Anyway if a country like Argentina can saturate BTC, and we only have 40 million people, just imagine what the entire world can do. I think this is one of the reasons all these silly country currencies are doing so well.

James

It was just a teasee mate Smiley

One world, one wealth  - one people, one crypto <3
avanda1121

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:27:44 AM

http://coinpool.byethost32.com  again up? Grin
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 12:30:14 AM

I insist in DRK potential as a way to store wealth not necessarily when the alternative is fiat under a well established democratic government. In that situation fiat would actually IMHO would be better, but when you have regulated currencies where you can't by law exchange your currency for dollars like Venezuela or access is very limited or there is a black market with huge rates. Or when you have huge amounts of cash in countries like Mexico and Colombia that you cant easily move something like a DRK with the limitations and risks a crypto currency has would be a way better alternative. And I am banking in getting some attention from those sectors once the coin is well established with all due respect to people that are less liberal about the potential use of the coin.

I bet cryptocurrencies can become more desirable for wealth preservation than 50-60% of highly-inflated national currencies out there. Americans or Europeans with hard currency like the USD and the EUR cannot *really* understand what inflation feels like. We had the drachma over here (greece) in the 80s, official inflation was like >20% and your only option, since you were barred from buying gold or USD, was to deposit the money in a bank or buy a government bond and get an interest rate close to the inflation rate just to keep your capital near what it was. Alternatively you could do investments all the time in businesses, real estate etc - to keep the money moving and hoping it will multiply itself.

This type of use for cryptocurrencies is vastly underrated in the western world of hard currencies.
the official rate here is ~25% per year, but I have seen prices on a lot of things go up by a lot more than that in the last six months.

We have to register EVERY silly piece of electronics when we fly out of Argentina so we can prove that we did not buy it when traveling. I think if I dont let them register my iPhone serial number, then i become some sort of smuggler. Dont even think about taking out or bringing back any meaningful amount of foreign currency! We have our rock solid 25% per year peso

people in USA do not realize that you can be "breaking the law", but not doing anything wrong.

DRK gives all of us a chance to decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong

James

I second that. A friend of mine lives in Argentina, and when I bring him electronics, we take everything out of the box so it looks used. Then we put the boxes, instructions, etc. in a different bag to get it in. It sort of IS smuggling...

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 12:57:07 AM

I insist in DRK potential as a way to store wealth not necessarily when the alternative is fiat under a well established democratic government. In that situation fiat would actually IMHO would be better, but when you have regulated currencies where you can't by law exchange your currency for dollars like Venezuela or access is very limited or there is a black market with huge rates. Or when you have huge amounts of cash in countries like Mexico and Colombia that you cant easily move something like a DRK with the limitations and risks a crypto currency has would be a way better alternative. And I am banking in getting some attention from those sectors once the coin is well established with all due respect to people that are less liberal about the potential use of the coin.

I bet cryptocurrencies can become more desirable for wealth preservation than 50-60% of highly-inflated national currencies out there. Americans or Europeans with hard currency like the USD and the EUR cannot *really* understand what inflation feels like. We had the drachma over here (greece) in the 80s, official inflation was like >20% and your only option, since you were barred from buying gold or USD, was to deposit the money in a bank or buy a government bond and get an interest rate close to the inflation rate just to keep your capital near what it was. Alternatively you could do investments all the time in businesses, real estate etc - to keep the money moving and hoping it will multiply itself.

This type of use for cryptocurrencies is vastly underrated in the western world of hard currencies.
the official rate here is ~25% per year, but I have seen prices on a lot of things go up by a lot more than that in the last six months.

We have to register EVERY silly piece of electronics when we fly out of Argentina so we can prove that we did not buy it when traveling. I think if I dont let them register my iPhone serial number, then i become some sort of smuggler. Dont even think about taking out or bringing back any meaningful amount of foreign currency! We have our rock solid 25% per year peso

people in USA do not realize that you can be "breaking the law", but not doing anything wrong.

DRK gives all of us a chance to decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong

James

I second that. A friend of mine lives in Argentina, and when I bring him electronics, we take everything out of the box so it looks used. Then we put the boxes, instructions, etc. in a different bag to get it in. It sort of IS smuggling...
So you are a criminal too!
Welcome to the club Smiley
it is the govts that create criminals out of ordinary people.
There are certainly some very bad people in this world, some are actually not even criminals.

Bad people will continue being bad people and good people will continue being good people.
DRK WILL NOT CHANGE THIS!

DRK will allow good people to have a fighting chance of maintaining privacy and not be turned into "criminals" for doing what people in almost all the other countries can do freely, eg. buy a nice GPU

James

Edit: dont get me wrong, Argentina is a wonderful country. The people here are fantastic, our beef the best in the world and costs less than vegetables! We have a LOT of land that isnt good for much more than grazing, so a LOT of cows.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 01:12:45 AM

Edit: dont get me wrong, Argentina is a wonderful country. The people here are fantastic, our beef the best in the world and costs less than vegetables! We have a LOT of land that isnt good for much more than grazing, so a LOT of cows.

haha! Which means some of the best steak in the world, paired with fantastic malbec wine! I love the people and the environment of Argentina. I wouldn't keep going there if it wasn't so awesome.

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:49:27 AM

Hi,

I know it's not the good place but here it's like my home, and nobody answers eslewhere. All wallet work the same so one question :

What happen if a transaction got 0 confirmation :
Date: 10/03/2014 23:58
To: fYHBV59dpPx1LBCWsVuwrYwVcGvDBmHTwS
Debit: -999.999 FAC
Transaction fee: -0.001 FAC
Net amount: -1000.00 FAC
Transaction ID: 94a954a634deeb6dd0b84d162101624b1a655bee27146d06bad475bd6b7e1617

This was sent 10 days ago....

The 1000 FAC leaves the sender wallet and never arrive in receiver wallet... Where are the coins? In the cosmos?
They shouldn't returns in the sender wallet?

All this to buy more DRK  Roll Eyes
Lebubar
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:58:05 AM

James

So you are a criminal too!
Welcome to the club Smiley
it is the govts that create criminals out of ordinary people.
There are certainly some very bad people in this world, some are actually not even criminals.

Bad people will continue being bad people and good people will continue being good people.
DRK WILL NOT CHANGE THIS!

DRK will allow good people to have a fighting chance of maintaining privacy and not be turned into "criminals" for doing what people in almost all the other countries can do freely, eg. buy a nice GPU

James

Pinche Boludo !  Tongue
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:03:59 AM

Ok, so I haven't received any submissions for the logo & art bounty, and the bounty amount is close to what's required to pay for a crowdsourced logo design at somewhere like http://99designs.com.au/ so I might pull that bounty and go with that.

Can you also try to "fit" in the bounty a professional-looking splash logo for the wallet? (the screen that appears prior to opening the wallet)

Bitcoin is using something like that: http://s1.postimg.org/aigukf5bz/splash_bit.jpg

...and we are running a modified litecoin one (the blue sky with the leather wallet), but it'd be nicer to have our own design.

Qubitcoin and PLNcoin are 2 more examples of nice custom splash screens as well.
mannie

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:08:44 AM

What does everyone think of this as a new website design?

http://darkcoinsample.hostoi.com/

Needs more info, wallets, etc but happy to do it asap
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:24:37 AM

Hi,

I know it's not the good place but here it's like my home, and nobody answers eslewhere. All wallet work the same so one question :

Transaction ID: 94a954a634deeb6dd0b84d162101624b1a655bee27146d06bad475bd6b7e1617

The 1000 FAC leaves the sender wallet and never arrive in receiver wallet... Where are the coins? In the cosmos?

Could the receiving wallet be on a wrong blockchain?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Kuriso

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:28:21 AM

I'd like to add some constructive criticism and maybe some assistance in the right direction.  I think Darkcoin could use a new site, a new wallet splash page, and some additional marketing material but before everyone goes off doing their own thing in order to claim bounties I think the Darkcoin brand needs to be setup.  Darkcoin needs an official logo.  Along with this a branding guide.  Color schemes need to be set in stone. An official font needs to be chosen, a font size, font weight, etc.  There needs to be a model from which all additional marketing materials are created from.   Without this in place you do not have a brand.  The coin will be stuck in the same place it's in right now as far as marketing goes.

By no means am I trying to say that any work done so far is not quality work.  I'm only suggesting that brand guidelines be set so that everyone's work focuses on advancing the Darkcoin name. 

Think about Coca-Cola, Dr. Pepper, Pizza Hut, the Bitcoin 'B' icon, etc...  Every recognizable company has a set branding guideline.

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/brand_guidelines_tpa_nov_2008.pdf
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:33:01 AM

Why is coinbase taking more than 4 business days to release the bitcoin I bought last Saturday?  They say on their website, it will take 3 - 4 business days, then tell you it'll clear by the end of 5 business days, but last time it did come through on day 4, so I thought I could ignore that today, and yet, it's still not cleared??/

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Lebubar
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:35:07 AM

Hi,

Well really don't know..
I had 10 wallet they give me 1000 FairCoin on each for free.
I sent all in the firt address, only 1 transaction succeed to reach the fisrt, all other are like this one 0 confirmation
So for the moment I loose 8000 FAC (~20 DRK for the moment)...

Well I'll not complain they were free but 20 DRK more would be great  Cry
tseug

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:37:02 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 02:59:50 AM by tseug

Still can't get it to sync past block 34139 (git says "Already up-to-date." so latest wallet)

Tried all sorts of peer lists, plenty of connections, no new blocks... any ideas?

I don't want to pull my coins from the pool until I'm fully synced

Code:
2014-03-21 02:34:24 received block 00000000007dda6b77dc0575cca14aecdc36cbdb07afe364d55e8def556304c2
2014-03-21 02:34:24 ERROR: AcceptBlock() : incorrect proof of work
2014-03-21 02:34:24 ERROR: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED

Is that the correct block? If so, looks like there's a bug in the 32bit POW code.

edit: nvm, block explorer confirms that's the right block. BUG?

COMM: CWjCf3Pb6vAgpRxbP2CKQQFLBXYuS7axpG
SHA: STpwADnhpYk7ZAMRmJvFDJaXSSby3LpGiu
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 02:43:22 AM

Anybody working on a Blockchain.info type wallet for DRK? Android App for the same?

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:53:55 AM

Hi,

Well really don't know..
I had 10 wallet they give me 1000 FairCoin on each for free.
I sent all in the firt address, only 1 transaction succeed to reach the fisrt, all other are like this one 0 confirmation
So for the moment I loose 8000 FAC (~20 DRK for the moment)...

Well I'll not complain they were free but 20 DRK more would be great  Cry

Backup your wallet, close it, then make yet another copy of your wallet.dat file.  then remove everything except the wallet.dat file in the /appdata/etc.... or wherever your FAC folder is, and re-sync.  I suspect that will take care of the problem?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
mannie

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:54:03 AM

I'd like to add some constructive criticism and maybe some assistance in the right direction.  I think Darkcoin could use a new site, a new wallet splash page, and some additional marketing material but before everyone goes off doing their own thing in order to claim bounties I think the Darkcoin brand needs to be setup.  Darkcoin needs an official logo.  Along with this a branding guide.  Color schemes need to be set in stone. An official font needs to be chosen, a font size, font weight, etc.  There needs to be a model from which all additional marketing materials are created from.   Without this in place you do not have a brand.  The coin will be stuck in the same place it's in right now as far as marketing goes.

By no means am I trying to say that any work done so far is not quality work.  I'm only suggesting that brand guidelines be set so that everyone's work focuses on advancing the Darkcoin name. 

Think about Coca-Cola, Dr. Pepper, Pizza Hut, the Bitcoin 'B' icon, etc...  Every recognizable company has a set branding guideline.

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/brand_guidelines_tpa_nov_2008.pdf

I think thats a good idea. I tried to bring up the idea of a colour scheme a while ago but there are always so many discussions going on. I'm not trying to hunt a bounty with this - it's not very hard to customise a wordpress theme - I was just hoping we could get a better looking website up right away, even if it's just an interim thing
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:19:28 AM

I couldn't agree with you more. In an ideal world I'd just hire a marketing group to handle that for us, however we don't have the budget for that. So we're sourcing all of this work from the community, with incentives via bounties. If someone with branding experience steps up to coordinate the effort, that would be fantastic and I'd say yes in a heartbeat. In the meantime, we're taking the approach of throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. Or at least, that's what we're doing with the logo. We've had a lot of user-submitted logos generated, and I'm thinking about redirecting the existing logo bounty towards paying for a set of crowdsourced logo designs, which the community can then all vote on. Personally I'm of the view that logo should drive the rest of the design & colour scheme. We're not exactly following that methodology right now because of time & resource constraints, but I'm trying to move us in that direction.

Roughly this is how I see Darkcoin's brand progressing:

Crowdsourced logos (e.g. from designcrowd.com) --> Community votes on logo --> Generate branding guide --> Generate additional graphics --> Customise WP template for site

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: