Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:42:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722716 times)
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:45:19 AM

Hi,

I know it's not the good place but here it's like my home, and nobody answers eslewhere. All wallet work the same so one question :

What happen if a transaction got 0 confirmation :
Date: 10/03/2014 23:58
To: fYHBV59dpPx1LBCWsVuwrYwVcGvDBmHTwS
Debit: -999.999 FAC
Transaction fee: -0.001 FAC
Net amount: -1000.00 FAC
Transaction ID: 94a954a634deeb6dd0b84d162101624b1a655bee27146d06bad475bd6b7e1617

This was sent 10 days ago....

The 1000 FAC leaves the sender wallet and never arrive in receiver wallet... Where are the coins? In the cosmos?
They shouldn't returns in the sender wallet?

All this to buy more DRK  Roll Eyes

Could the receiving wallet be on a wrong blockchain?

Well really don't know..
I had 10 wallet they give me 1000 FairCoin on each for free.
I sent all in the firt address, only 1 transaction succeed to reach the fisrt, all other are like this one 0 confirmation
So for the moment I loose 8000 FAC (~20 DRK for the moment)...

Well I'll not complain they were free but 20 DRK more would be great  Cry

Backup your wallet, close it, then make yet another copy of your wallet.dat file.  then remove everything except the wallet.dat file in the /appdata/etc.... or wherever your FAC folder is, and re-sync.  I suspect that will take care of the problem?

Well the repairwallet get back my coins but impossible to send them again :
Error: The transaction was rejected. This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent,
such as if you used a copy of the wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here.

I'll try to resync from begining

Edit: No... Can't send them again... Same error
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:52:42 AM

Hi,

I know it's not the good place but here it's like my home, and nobody answers eslewhere. All wallet work the same so one question :

Transaction ID: 94a954a634deeb6dd0b84d162101624b1a655bee27146d06bad475bd6b7e1617

The 1000 FAC leaves the sender wallet and never arrive in receiver wallet... Where are the coins? In the cosmos?

All this to buy more DRK  Roll Eyes

Well really don't know..
I sent all in the firt address, only 1 transaction succeed to reach the fisrt, all other are like this one 0 confirmation

Backup your wallet, close it, then make yet another copy of your wallet.dat file.  then remove everything except the wallet.dat file in the /appdata/etc.... or wherever your FAC folder is, and re-sync.  I suspect that will take care of the problem?

Error: The transaction was rejected. This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent,
such as if you used a copy of the wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here.

You  might want to try to resync all of them from the beginning, as it could also be that the funds never left (if they got on a blockchain fork?)

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:58:03 AM

Hi,

Well really don't know..

Backup your wallet, close it, then make yet another copy of your wallet.dat file.  then remove everything except the wallet.dat file in the /appdata/etc.... or wherever your FAC folder is, and re-sync.  I suspect that will take care of the problem?

You  might want to try to resync all of them from the beginning, as it could also be that the funds never left (if they got on a blockchain fork?)

Edit: No... Can't send them again... Same error
Even after borring everything from roaming and re-sync
I try the resendtx... Nothing...
HammerHedd

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 05:14:00 AM

Chaeplin -

What do the peers in and peers out mean for P2Pool? I've got none in - is there a setting I need to check?

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
Kienbui

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:20:32 AM

Coinmine becoming too big

http://darkcoin.mine.nu/poolhash.html
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:40:37 AM

Chaeplin -

What do the peers in and peers out mean for P2Pool? I've got none in - is there a setting I need to check?

None.

in mean from internet to your server.

p2pool has 40 peer connection limit.
default outgoing connection limit is 6 ( max 10, using --outgoing-conns 10) .

That's why some p2pool node has Zero incoming connection.

Code:
./run_p2pool.py --net darkcoin --outgoing-conns 10 
mannie

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:57:14 AM

What does everyone think of this as a new website design?

http://darkcoinsample.hostoi.com/

Needs more info, wallets, etc but happy to do it asap

I'd like to add some constructive criticism and maybe some assistance in the right direction.  I think Darkcoin could use a new site, a new wallet splash page, and some additional marketing material but before everyone goes off doing their own thing in order to claim bounties I think the Darkcoin brand needs to be setup.  Darkcoin needs an official logo.  Along with this a branding guide.  Color schemes need to be set in stone. An official font needs to be chosen, a font size, font weight, etc.  There needs to be a model from which all additional marketing materials are created from.   Without this in place you do not have a brand.  The coin will be stuck in the same place it's in right now as far as marketing goes.

By no means am I trying to say that any work done so far is not quality work.  I'm only suggesting that brand guidelines be set so that everyone's work focuses on advancing the Darkcoin name. 

Think about Coca-Cola, Dr. Pepper, Pizza Hut, the Bitcoin 'B' icon, etc...  Every recognizable company has a set branding guideline.

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/brand_guidelines_tpa_nov_2008.pdf

I couldn't agree with you more. In an ideal world I'd just hire a marketing group to handle that for us, however we don't have the budget for that. So we're sourcing all of this work from the community, with incentives via bounties. If someone with branding experience steps up to coordinate the effort, that would be fantastic and I'd say yes in a heartbeat. In the meantime, we're taking the approach of throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. Or at least, that's what we're doing with the logo. We've had a lot of user-submitted logos generated, and I'm thinking about redirecting the existing logo bounty towards paying for a set of crowdsourced logo designs, which the community can then all vote on. Personally I'm of the view that logo should drive the rest of the design & colour scheme. We're not exactly following that methodology right now because of time & resource constraints, but I'm trying to move us in that direction.

Roughly this is how I see Darkcoin's brand progressing:

Crowdsourced logos (e.g. from designcrowd.com) --> Community votes on logo --> Generate branding guide --> Generate additional graphics --> Customise WP template for site

LimLims I know you're coordinating this on a volunteer basis, and I thank you for your hard work, but if you're "of the view that logo should drive the rest of the design & colour scheme" and see the website template as something that would only get changed down the track, you probably shouldn't give the impression that it could happen now. I wrote with a suggestion to find a better template for the website and you wrote back to me...

There is a bounty out for that. If you put together a customised WP template and the community likes it, you'd have a claim to 272 DRK.

I did, not because I want the bounty, but because I think it would be great to have a better looking website asap with more explanation about why darkcoin is something to get excited about. But now I see from your process above it was probably a waste of time.

Sorry to rant, and I don't mean any disrespect, but it would probably be good to have tasks stepped out by priority so that people aren't doing unnecessary work.
watuba

Activity: 211

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:00:16 AM

What does everyone think of this as a new website design?

http://darkcoinsample.hostoi.com/

Needs more info, wallets, etc but happy to do it asap

I'd like to add some constructive criticism and maybe some assistance in the right direction.  I think Darkcoin could use a new site, a new wallet splash page, and some additional marketing material but before everyone goes off doing their own thing in order to claim bounties I think the Darkcoin brand needs to be setup.  Darkcoin needs an official logo.  Along with this a branding guide.  Color schemes need to be set in stone. An official font needs to be chosen, a font size, font weight, etc.  There needs to be a model from which all additional marketing materials are created from.   Without this in place you do not have a brand.  The coin will be stuck in the same place it's in right now as far as marketing goes.

By no means am I trying to say that any work done so far is not quality work.  I'm only suggesting that brand guidelines be set so that everyone's work focuses on advancing the Darkcoin name.  

Think about Coca-Cola, Dr. Pepper, Pizza Hut, the Bitcoin 'B' icon, etc...  Every recognizable company has a set branding guideline.

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/brand_guidelines_tpa_nov_2008.pdf

I couldn't agree with you more. In an ideal world I'd just hire a marketing group to handle that for us, however we don't have the budget for that. So we're sourcing all of this work from the community, with incentives via bounties. If someone with branding experience steps up to coordinate the effort, that would be fantastic and I'd say yes in a heartbeat. In the meantime, we're taking the approach of throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. Or at least, that's what we're doing with the logo. We've had a lot of user-submitted logos generated, and I'm thinking about redirecting the existing logo bounty towards paying for a set of crowdsourced logo designs, which the community can then all vote on. Personally I'm of the view that logo should drive the rest of the design & colour scheme. We're not exactly following that methodology right now because of time & resource constraints, but I'm trying to move us in that direction.

Roughly this is how I see Darkcoin's brand progressing:

Crowdsourced logos (e.g. from designcrowd.com) --> Community votes on logo --> Generate branding guide --> Generate additional graphics --> Customise WP template for site

How do you know we don't have the budget for this?  For $10k, you can get one of the top branders in the world to come up with a world-class logo and extended color pallete.  We came up with 2200 DRK when you issued a bounty address with no specific direction.  Give it a specific direction and you'll get much more funding.  One thing that is hard for most developer/techy people to understand is that logos and design are not done best when crowdsourced and voted on.  Most people don't actually know what is appealing design and how their subconscious filters images.  The work is often much much better when the control is given to a master artist with a vision for how the company should appear visually.  The payoff is also orders of magnitude better, as our eyes and subconscious are extremely critical and selective, considering we are bombarded with 100's of garbage logos and the bland design we run accross everyday, where most companies didn't allow enough for a marketing budget.  

What people are trying to say is, the logo and design quality MATTER, like BIG TIME.  Don't settle for anything less than the absolute best we can get.  And we can find a way to get the best.

LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 06:06:55 AM

I did, not because I want the bounty, but because I think it would be great to have a better looking website asap with more explanation about why darkcoin is something to get excited about. But now I see from your process above it was probably a waste of time.

Sorry to rant, and I don't mean any disrespect, but it would probably be good to have tasks stepped out by priority so that people aren't doing unnecessary work.

Not at all -- I appreciate your view. I would gladly take an interim design just to help get the new site launched, even if the design isn't final. I would hate to see work wasted.

To clarify -- those bounties were written up some time ago when we had to get a whole bunch of things done quickly and didn't have the luxury of a carefully planned branding & design schedule. My view of how I see our branding evolving to the finalised version is an ideal from a best practices perspective and it may not happen that neatly in practice. So if a really nice WP theme comes along, that might end up informing the logo design (for example). We have to be flexible due to the constraints we're under.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
landslide

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:08:38 AM

interesting coin.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 06:14:15 AM

How do you know we don't have the budget for this?  For $10k, you can get one of the top branders in the world to come up with a world-class logo and extended color pallete.  We came up with 2200 DRK when you issued a bounty address with no specific direction.  Give it a specific direction and you'll get much more funding.  One thing that is hard for most developer/techy people to understand is that logos and design are not done best when crowdsourced and voted on.  Most people don't actually know what is appealing design and how their subconscious filters images.  The work is often much much better when the control is given to a master artist with a vision for how the company should appear visually.  The payoff is also orders of magnitude better, as our eyes and subconscious are extremely critical and selective, considering we are bombarded with 100's of garbage logos and the bland design we run accross everyday, where most companies didn't allow enough for a marketing budget.  

What people are trying to say is, the logo and design quality MATTER, like BIG TIME.  Don't settle for anything less than the absolute best we can get.  And we can find a way to get the best.

I couldn't agree more with your points about branding being best left to the experts. If we had the budget, I'd happily give the whole branding & market effort over to a marketing group. My point was simply that we don't at this moment have a budget for this. You're right that we could do a fundraising drive specifically for this purpose. I was hoping to see where our existing budget gets us, and go from there. The main pressure I perceive is to get content up, and significantly less pressure to get branding perfect right at the moment. Having said that, if you or someone else volunteered to coordinate a fundraiser specifically for hiring someone to do our branding & art, then I wouldn't be opposed. I do this in my spare time on a volunteer basis and I'm stretched pretty thin as it is.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
mannie

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:32:05 AM

Not at all -- I appreciate your view. I would gladly take an interim design just to help get the new site launched, even if the design isn't final. I would hate to see work wasted.

To clarify -- those bounties were written up some time ago when we had to get a whole bunch of things done quickly and didn't have the luxury of a carefully planned branding & design schedule. My view of how I see our branding evolving to the finalised version is an ideal from a best practices perspective and it may not happen that neatly in practice. So if a really nice WP theme comes along, that might end up informing the logo design (for example). We have to be flexible due to the constraints we're under.

Thanks for clarifying. I guess the view of how this will work is evolving quite quickly. I'm maybe a bit impatient and may be outvoted on this but I think it would be great to have at least a better looking, more informative website up asap. I'm happy to hear you're open to the idea. People are starting to pay attention to DRK. I may not be the best person to do a quick fix website and I'd happily hand over the reins to someone with a better template/stock images. 

In my view, the website bounty should be saved for a really good, customised website but I don't see any harm in putting up an interim one. As far as branding goes, the current one seems a few steps behind.

Here is the WP site I put together this morning: http://darkcoinsample.hostoi.com/

LimLims, if you're open to it, I'll give the WP login details to someone better than me to put some finishing touches on an interim website. I think it should be easy to transfer everything over from this sample wordpress to the real one.
EfterlysT

Activity: 425
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:18:51 AM

Anyone tried mining with a 7990? Any good? I have one used for CAD work, but at night.......
I have four 7990:s hashing.

Mine are doing around 2200Khs per core / 8800-9000Khs / card.

Cool

What miner and config do you use? With scrypt mine liked -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 with cgminer 3.7.2
I use Sgminer 4.1.0 and i use this config:
sgminer  -o stratum+tcp://lotterymining.com:4444 --lookup-gap 2 -I 20 -w 512 --thread-concurrency 28500 -u Weblogin.Miner -p Password

I get around 2200Khs/core = 4400-4500Khs / Card

I have pretty high sensity but i hardly get any hw errors. Some cards getting 0.1-0.2%. Trying it out from 13 and up is probably not a bad idea.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:19:56 AM

Hi,

if i wasnt on the boat, i could help you out, but downloading source for another wallet is going to take days from here, but try the following:

delete everything, except wallet, delete the wallet app too, redownload start up the wallet, let it resync, stop wallet app, copy your wallet.dat to the directory, start wallet app...

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:21:11 AM

Still can't get it to sync past block 34139 (git says "Already up-to-date." so latest wallet)

Tried all sorts of peer lists, plenty of connections, no new blocks... any ideas?

I don't want to pull my coins from the pool until I'm fully synced

Code:
2014-03-21 02:34:24 received block 00000000007dda6b77dc0575cca14aecdc36cbdb07afe364d55e8def556304c2
2014-03-21 02:34:24 ERROR: AcceptBlock() : incorrect proof of work
2014-03-21 02:34:24 ERROR: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED

Is that the correct block? If so, looks like there's a bug in the 32bit POW code.

edit: nvm, block explorer confirms that's the right block. BUG?

do the following:

make distclean
qmake USE_UPNP=-
make

then run wallet app..

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:40:29 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 08:06:21 AM by CHAOSiTEC

Come and help mine darkcoin, and get a chance of winning the lottery pool.

once a week 50% of the fees, will be drawn,
to one lucky winner... is it your turn next?

Pool Pays Witdrawal fee: 0.0
Please spread your hashing power, we dont want 1 pool to have >50%

DDOS Protected pool

Coinmine.pl is above 50% again, please spread your hashing power

source: http://darkcoin.mine.nu/poolhash.html

if you care about the value of darkcoin, then dont go to a pool that has so high a hashing rate, investors look upon this as being risky....

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:35:02 AM

Coinmine.pl is above 50% again, please spread your hashing power

source: http://darkcoin.mine.nu/poolhash.html

if you care about the value of darkcoin, then dont go to a pool that has so high a hashing rate, investors look upon this as being risky....

52,6%  Huh

52.9% .. its getting worse

bitcoyim

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:07:08 AM

block generated 245 ea

from 32485 to 32729 (~12 hours)

NEWBL 03-13 07:44:39 32485 141.273 Xemt2zeYELCkddJHvsW4x9ytqTEnkiviaH
NEWBL 03-13 17:17:33 32729 266.720 XccPicDbg7HhRfFwPU3Z2CFVpHSYAhuxtu

1 XnBwaSjgNbpJMjatTiFJfxrigPBKpFmrzq
1 XvmAhGsqwnZqdsWxMqMFQtFeTiVhwntHPF
3 cpupool
5 XeCyp1qAMFTb6PMZu431QpZ6sEpTH64Gag
7 official
12 lotterymining
12 p2pool
29 mininghub
65 suchpool
110 coinmine

total network rate (7.55GH/s), coinmine 4.3GH/s.

Hello,

How can i get this statistics for other coins?
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:11:39 AM

block generated 245 ea

from 32485 to 32729 (~12 hours)

NEWBL 03-13 07:44:39 32485 141.273 Xemt2zeYELCkddJHvsW4x9ytqTEnkiviaH
NEWBL 03-13 17:17:33 32729 266.720 XccPicDbg7HhRfFwPU3Z2CFVpHSYAhuxtu

1 XnBwaSjgNbpJMjatTiFJfxrigPBKpFmrzq
1 XvmAhGsqwnZqdsWxMqMFQtFeTiVhwntHPF
3 cpupool
5 XeCyp1qAMFTb6PMZu431QpZ6sEpTH64Gag
7 official
12 lotterymining
12 p2pool
29 mininghub
65 suchpool
110 coinmine

total network rate (7.55GH/s), coinmine 4.3GH/s.

Hello,

How can i get this statistics for other coins?

nowhere.

Only for Darkcoin

http://darkcoin.mine.nu/poolhash.html

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:17:32 AM

Anyone tried mining with a 7990? Any good? I have one used for CAD work, but at night.......
I have four 7990:s hashing.

Mine are doing around 2200Khs per core / 8800-9000Khs / card.

Cool

What miner and config do you use? With scrypt mine liked -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 with cgminer 3.7.2
I use Sgminer 4.1.0 and i use this config:
sgminer  -o stratum+tcp://lotterymining.com:4444 --lookup-gap 2 -I 20 -w 512 --thread-concurrency 28500 -u Weblogin.Miner -p Password

I get around 2200Khs/core = 4400-4500Khs / Card

I have pretty high sensity but i hardly get any hw errors. Some cards getting 0.1-0.2%. Trying it out from 13 and up is probably not a bad idea.

Thanks! I'll give this a go on Saturday when the GPU is not being used for work.
Pages: « 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: