Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:16:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 [647] 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722698 times)
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:39:15 PM

reduction from 80million to 20million

this was a horrible move.

not only it did not increase the price

it actually made the unfair-distribution-of-coins situation worse.

now the early miners are at even more advantage.

the coin numbers should be increased to 160 million to dilute the excess-early-mine issue.

great tech guys but when it comes to economy they are pretty much retarded.

I seriously am so flabbergasted that people can't grasp the concept that the "instamining" issue is a NON-ISSUE.  Most of those coins have been sold off, which redistributed the coins, often to those who don't own huge mining rigs (like myself)  you actually can't ask for better distribution than what we have gotten BECAUSE OF  the "instamine"  This is truth.  The few large wallets are probably the biggest believers in this coin, possibly Evan, possibly someone else.  If it were Evan that has the largest wallet, then he will be selling them off as time goes by, I'd bet, because he's devoted himself to this coin for the next 2 years and will have to pay for his living expenses.  If it isn't him, if it's just a supporter who believes in this coin, he's not likely to dump, it would be counter productive.

Even at this very moment, if you just discovered Darkcoin, you still get a super price for it and can "get in" on the ground floor.  There is no reason for anyone to feel left out.  I paid a lot more for my darkcoin than it's been going for lately, and I don't have disposable income at all.  I squeezed out whatever from wherever I could to buy some coins, so it can be done.  If not, then you don't want it bad enough or you don't think it's a good risk, good that's fine, but don't cry to us that it's unfair.  It's never been fairer.  3 months of low prices, 3 months to buy, and counting.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:43:23 PM

reduction from 80million to 20million

this was a horrible move.

not only it did not increase the price

it actually made the unfair-distribution-of-coins situation worse.

now the early miners are at even more advantage.

the coin numbers should be increased to 160 million to dilute the excess-early-mine issue.

great tech guys but when it comes to economy they are pretty much retarded.

I seriously am so flabbergasted that people can't grasp the concept that the "instamining" issue is a NON-ISSUE.  Most of those coins have been sold off, which redistributed the coins, often to those who don't own huge mining rigs (like myself)  you actually can't ask for better distribution than what we have gotten BECAUSE OF  the "instamine"  This is truth.  The few large wallets are probably the biggest believers in this coin, possibly Evan, possibly someone else.  If it were Evan that has the largest wallet, then he will be selling them off as time goes by, I'd bet, because he's devoted himself to this coin for the next 2 years and will have to pay for his living expenses.  If it isn't him, if it's just a supporter who believes in this coin, he's not likely to dump, it would be counter productive.

Even at this very moment, if you just discovered Darkcoin, you still get a super price for it and can "get in" on the ground floor.  There is no reason for anyone to feel left out.  I paid a lot more for my darkcoin than it's been going for lately, and I don't have disposable income at all.  I squeezed out whatever from wherever I could to buy some coins, so it can be done.  If not, then you don't want it bad enough or you don't think it's a good risk, good that's fine, but don't cry to us that it's unfair.  It's never been fairer.  3 months of low prices, 3 months to buy, and counting.

He's wrong anyway, it tops out at like ~77-78 million now.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:44:30 PM

1) Should we take care of the "premined situation?" No, it wasn't a premine, if you didn't know about Dark it's no one's fault but your own. I am in this boat myself and I own a pretty large stake acquired by buying them. I bought them when they were capped at a much lower number, and Evan already increased the coin allotment to appease these people.
2) Should we change the name? No, we just paid for logos to be made for Darkcoin. Let's burn money in our front yard and further confuse people when we change the name again.
3) Should Evan listen to all these random fucking people? No, the price had remained stable indicating that the market was fine with the way things were.
4) Should we market a coin whose main feature doesn't work? No, we should wait until it's finished, until then it would be a scam unless you specifically state that the main feature isn't finished, which might be counterproductive.

This coin could be called Potatocoin with GreaseGive for all I care, the whole coin hinges on the implementation of decentralized CoinJoin. Finishing that before the other anonymous coins hit the market is of utmost importance.

+1000000
In agreement 100%.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:50:51 PM

Oh dear oh dear oh dear........... i see the airdrop is cancelled?  

this is very disappointing news and VERY bad news for drkcoin.  However let's discuss why it is cancelled here first before i open it up for discussion on the main board.

You take away 66M and won't even return 2M...  ??

You want this forced instamine you bumped from 12.5% to 50% of current minting in 24 hours to remain without compensation to all the miners shut out at launch with no windows qt?

hmmm explain yourselves else yesterday will look like a dark coin promotion. A number of people have asked i set up a petition on here for compensation to miners closed out on purpose at launch.

Wait until everyone hears their 2M stolen coins that were about to be returned just got re- stolen.    There will be far more interest in this.... people love the smell of free coins.

Some compensation needs to be paid simple as that.  

I suggest 200K coins donated from the largest wallets - put into a pot and given out to those registered on here at time of launch. First 500 to claim get 400 each. 200 coins upon claiming 200 coins 6 months later if they are still holding the original 200k in their wallet.

This is a small price to pay for what has been done here with this coin. Win win for you greedy bastards you clean up your image, you attract more support. Hardly anyone on the board outside of this thread knows about darks history, yesterday was merely a taste. I will see that IS DARKCOIN A BIG SCAM - LET'S EXAMINE THIS stays on page 1 in the main forum for months if nothing is done to address this scam.

Seriously get on with it because it is time to stop the scams on here.

Just announce it as nice gesture to make up for no windows qt on launch..  get the block explorer up let's see who is still holding their super stash from day 1.

People buying after the minting was reduced need not donate.

Any one wanting to explain to me why this is not fair should hurry up , i'm going to wait to hear your thoughts on this before putting it to the main board for a vote.

This forum is a powerful tool to enforce fairness.... just have to stick to the facts and you can't go wrong really. People soon wise up to things if you explain it to them a few times.

I'm not looking for bullshit arguments the facts are the facts there is nothing more to say , you all voted to enrich yourselves by cutting the minting in 22m.... those of you that did that need to compensate the rest. Especially miners that were scammed at the start.

200k in a pot given out as i said.   This is not extortion this is compensation for your scam.  I will put it to vote on the main board if i don't hear back on here postive things about it.

Spin it however you want....  but get on with it, the big fat wallets should be donating not the little fish. I know its all bullshit you all sold out for nothing....you just moved your coins around. Sure some sold some however i know many did not.  Either way get donating or get ready for a petition in the main forum.

I will not be trying to claim my 400 coins even though i was on the opening page at launch  telling them not to go ahead and launch without a windows QT. Still they wanted to scam, there were not even any pools. Can you imagine trying to pull this shit right now with  a new coin it would die instantly. About 10 linux miners including devs raped this coin to death in the first 24hours  FACT - 20k each from them will do it. Even then you are getting off lightly really.

If you think i'm not serious let's wait and see.  Fair is fair, compensate those that you took from.

DRK is first but not the last, scam coins need to be more careful in future.

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:51:22 PM

The point of them is to make it very expensive to acquire them. Imagine the following:

A:
- User asks "Should I create a masternode?"
- it costs $XXX, they would earn $X.XX/day. That's X days till they earn 100% of their investment.
- User buys 1000 DRK, creates masternode
- Price goes higher, 1000DRK gets pulled out of the supply
- Go to A

This is a feedback loop that I'm creating. We should add masternodes until the price goes really high and it's too expensive to buy the darkcoin to start a masternode.  

Let's say after the feedback loop completes the price of Darkcoin is $5 and we have 1200 nodes. At that point we have six million dollar in masternodes, to gain 50% of the network to do an attack would probably cost much more than six million dollars, so it's not possible anymore.

The other problem is all nodes need to keep a list of all of the masternodes. We want a bunch, but we don't want more than 10k probably. If the requirement is too low we'll end up with a bunch of network traffic from all of the discovery chatter.

But the main point, the real reason to make master node expensive is so that an entity, such as a government, or such would find it difficult to gain control of enough of the network to compromise the system, right?  If it were too cheap, it would be too easy for someone with enough resources to get control of the network.

In your last statement, "The other problem is all nodes need to keep a list of all of the masternodes. We want a bunch, but we don't want more than 10k probably. If the requirement is too low we'll end up with a bunch of network traffic from all of the discovery chatter. " does that mean that a person running a master node must register so the nodes can find them?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:56:19 PM

this is very disappointing news and VERY bad news for drkcoin.  However let's discuss why it is cancelled here first before i open it up for discussion on the main board.

You want this forced instamine you bumped from 12.5% to 50% of current minting in 24 hours to remain without compensation to all the miners shut out at launch with no windows qt?

hmmm explain yourselves else yesterday will look like a dark coin promotion. A number of people have asked i set up a petition on here for compensation to miners closed out on purpose at launch.

Wait until everyone hears their 2M stolen coins that were about to be returned just got re- stolen.    There will be far more interest in this.... people love the smell of free coins.

I suggest 200K coins donated from the largest wallets - put into a pot and given out to those registered on here at time of launch. First 500 to claim get 400 each. 200 coins upon claiming 200 coins 6 months later if they are still holding the original 200k in their wallet.

This is a small price to pay for what has been done here with this coin. Win win for you greedy bastards you clean up your image, you attract more support. Hardly anyone on the board outside of this thread knows about darks history, yesterday was merely a taste. I will see that IS DARKCOIN A BIG SCAM - LET'S EXAMINE THIS stays on page 1 in the main forum for months if nothing is done to address this scam.

Just announce it as nice gesture to make up for no windows qt on launch..  get the block explorer up let's see who is still holding their super stash from day 1.

Any one wanting to explain to me why this is not fair should hurry up , i'm going to wait to hear your thoughts on this before putting it to the main board for a vote.

This forum is a powerful tool to enforce fairness.... just have to stick to the facts and you can't go wrong really. People soon wise up to things if you explain it to them a few times.

I'm not looking for bullshit arguments the facts are the facts there is nothing more to say , you all voted to enrich yourselves by cutting the minting in 22m.... those of you that did that need to compensate the rest. Especially miners that were scammed at the start.

200k in a pot given out as i said.   This is not extortion this is compensation for your scam.  I will put it to vote on the main board if i don't hear back on here postive things about it.

Spin it however you want....  but get on with it, the big fat wallets should be donating not the little fish. I know its all bullshit you all sold out for nothing....you just moved your coins around. Sure some sold some however i know many did not.  Either way get donating or get ready for a petition in the main forum.

I will not be trying to claim my 400 coins even though i was on the opening page at launch  telling them not to go ahead and launch without a windows QT. Still they wanted to scam, there were not even any pools. Can you imagine trying to pull this shit right now with  a new coin it would die instantly. About 10 linux miners including devs raped this coin to death in the first 24hours  FACT - 20k each from them will do it. Even then you are getting off lightly really.

If you think i'm not serious let's wait and see.  Fair is fair, compensate those that you took from.

This is an open source project, you can't force people to do as you wish. Especially with that wall of bullshit you wrote.

^
(This coming from someone who only bought and mined at around 0.0012)

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:00:33 PM

This is an open source project, you can't force people to do as you wish. Especially with that wall of bullshit you wrote.

^

I won't be forcing anyone i will be asking the community to decide if they think you are doing the correct thing by cancelling their 2M coins airdrop.... i m asking the scammers to do the correct thing before i ask the community what they think. Don't be too negative .

Anyway i am out for a few hours i will return to see what you think about it.

The scammers need to compensate the scammed simple.  

You can't scam and get away with it. I am only saying that i will put it to a community vote. However if you guys decide to do it before i ask them then sure that will be better for you.

Cya in a few hours time.

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:00:45 PM

^

Also you called this coin a scamcoin but you demand your share from it?

I would pull out an "op is a faggot" post but you already know that don't you.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:01:56 PM

^

Also you called this coin a scamcoin but you demand your share from it?

I would pull out an "op is a faggot" post but you already know that don't you.

hehe moron you can't read can you.

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:02:43 PM

^

I won't be forcing anyone i will be asking the community to decide if they think you are doing the correct thing by cancelling their 2M coins airdrop.... i m asking the scammers to do the correct thing before i ask the community what they think. Don't be too negative .

The scammers need to be compensate the scammed simple.  

You can't scam and get away with it. I am only saying that i will put it to a community vote. However if you guys decide to do it before i ask them then sure that will be better for you.

Cya in a few hours time.

What is the scam here? Literally no one forced you to join this community, no one forced you to mine this coin. You haven't been scammed out of anything.

This coin is worth the value it has now because people give it their trust even though every mining/diff/start info was given out.

You are not clear on the definition of the word "SCAM".

Seriously get out.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:06:07 PM

^

The scammers need to be compensate the scammed simple.  

Cya in a few hours time.

What is the scam here? Literally no one forced you to join this community, no one forced you to mine this coin. You haven't been scammed out of anything.

This coin is worth the value it has now because people give it their trust even though every mining/diff/start info was given out.

You are not clear on the definition of the word "SCAM".

Seriously get out.

I leave it to your betters to digest this, you are not capable.

I will present the facts.... you have nothing.

fag, slut wanker troll..... these words mean nothing. The facts can not be changed by such things.... i am not interested in anything except the facts. You have little comprehension of the situation. The things have said display you know nothing of the community you think you are part of.

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:10:51 PM

Cya in a few hours time.

It's not happening because it would be the absolute wrong thing to do.  You would hurt everybody and help nobody, even those who think they'd be getting something for nothing, because you'd kill the coin.

I have to agree with everyone above, please go away and never come back! (Smeagol voiced)

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:11:41 PM

Cya in a few hours time.

It's not happening because it would be the absolute wrong thing to do.  You would hurt everybody and help nobody, even those who think they'd be getting something for nothing, because you'd kill the coin.

what do you suggest? i am open to alternatives.

humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:12:56 PM

support for the worst idea in history

1) Coins were not "stolen" from miners.
2) I'm not posting some bullshit from trading accounts so it can be vetted so I can get "free coins."
3) Dark isn't a scam.

All I see is you whining about not getting free shit. If a coin isn't profitable to mine, then you BUY THE FUCKING COIN or FUCK OFF. My miner stopped being profitable with Bitcoin at like $15 but I didn't run to the forums accusing Bitcoin of being a scam, even though the earliest miners made out like kings. That's part of the cryptocurrency scene. So much shit has happened with this coin, and so many coins have traded hands that it's stupid to make these claims. Cryptsy has 10% of the coin cap traded in the last 30 days, Poloniex/Cex had huge volume before that at lower prices, I'd wager another 20% - 30%.

Air dropping (postmining?) is appeasing the greediest miners who just want some coin so they can dump that shit for profit. I'll sell every Dark I own before that shit happens. Evan recognized it is a toxic idea and has already put a stop to it, thankfully.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:15:02 PM

support for the worst idea in history

1) Coins were not "stolen" from miners.
2) I'm not posting some bullshit from trading accounts so it can be vetted so I can get "free coins."
3) Dark isn't a scam.

All I see is you whining about not getting free shit. If a coin isn't profitable to mine, then you BUY THE FUCKING COIN or FUCK OFF. My miner stopped being profitable with Bitcoin at like $15 but I didn't run to the forums accusing Bitcoin of being a scam, even though the earliest miners made out like kings. That's part of the cryptocurrency scene. So much shit has happened with this coin, and so many coins have traded hands that it's stupid to make these claims. Cryptsy has 10% of the coin cap traded in the last 30 days, Poloniex/Cex had huge volume before that at lower prices, I'd wager another 20% - 30%.

Air dropping (postmining?) is appeasing the greediest miners who just want some coin so they can dump that shit for profit. I'll sell every Dark I own before that shit happens. Evan recognized it is a toxic idea and has already put a stop to it, thankfully.

I will put it to vote all the same ... you opinion is noted. Seems you didn't care to read what i wrote... that's the problem with greed it blinds you.

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:15:27 PM

Cya in a few hours time.

It's not happening because it would be the absolute wrong thing to do.  You would hurt everybody and help nobody, even those who think they'd be getting something for nothing, because you'd kill the coin.

Seriously?  Get a clue.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
droptable

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:17:58 PM

hi there,

i stumbled over drk about half an hour ago,
and thinking about giving it a try.

found this thread, but 600+ pages is to much.

can someone give me a short update?

i came as far as:
-op is/was thinking about a name-change
-some kind of premine(?) happend during the first 24 h

is that all, or did i miss something important?

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:18:20 PM

Cya in a few hours time.

It's not happening because it would be the absolute wrong thing to do.  You would hurt everybody and help nobody, even those who think they'd be getting something for nothing, because you'd kill the coin.

Seriously?  Get a clue.

Ok noted.... let's let some smarter people digest the idea first... then the community at large (the alt community not the darkcoin community) get's to decide. I'll return in a bit see how you guys are all doing in here. Nice community friendly types i like it. Will be sticking around.

ErrorId

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:19:09 PM

Cya in a few hours time.

I suggest we leave the damn thing alone. There was a community vote on the block reward reduction and people voted for it. Now had Evan just decided to reduce the block reward by himself you could be calling scam but as it stands it was a community decision. And now you want to vote on the same damn thing again? Are you trying to kill this coin or what? The AirDrop was never promised it was a question to find out if there is was any interest in it, people spoke their mind and it was killed.
HammerHedd

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 04:19:59 PM

Cya in a few hours time.

By your own logic, giving away coins would create an "unfairness" problem. What "community" are you speaking for? The bitcoin community as a whole? Your friends? Ransom people who walk the streets of major metropolitan areas? Future Farmers of America?

Here is the essential problem:
Code:

Now, if you understand the point of that, then you see the flaws with your argument. If you do not, then you are missing the bigger point.

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
Pages: « 1 ... 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 [647] 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: