Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:52:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 [2402] 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 04:12:46 AM

What is that
DRK faucet
??

Sorry for the idiot question ....>
Place where people can get free Drks, usually dust amounts.

why would we/somebody hand out free DRK ?
to get new people in or what is the idea ?
im with tungfa... i have no idea what a faucet is,  why and how it works and the purpose....

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:18:26 AM

What is that
DRK faucet
??

im with tungfa... i have no idea what a faucet is,  why and how it works and the purpose....

They've been around for a while. Some other Alts have them. Designed to get some flow of coins going very early in the piece to stimulate demand over and above just what the miner's create.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_faucet

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 04:24:20 AM

After RC4 (and 10 Drk limit is lifted), functioning market based on Darkcoins will probably do a lot to boost Drk value.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:25:04 AM

Are you guys really serious?
You don't know what a faucet is? - ugh

So - I'll explain -

You visit a website like this:

http://btc4you.com/index.php

You do what it say's and you get FREE coins - for BTC it's in many fractions of coins or DUST
I think that one makes you wait until you have X amt of BTC before you can cash it out to wallet.
BTC does have a certain amount of free transaction but you sometimes have to wait longer for them.

You can also think of a faucet like a leaky water spout -drip - drip - drip

It takes FOREVER to make good of a BTC faucet these days - pretty much pointless
But back in the day I pulled in a LOT of BTC from these things - lol

[/quote]

TX guys !
i get it now (what it is)
i still do not know if we (DRK) really need this !
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:26:29 AM

What is that
DRK faucet
??

A faucet lets people get a little bit of the currency so they take dip their toes in the waters, get involved and be apart of the community. They can do all of this without having to sign up to an exchange.

Bitcoin took off because of faucets, without faucets the community would have taken much, much longer to develop.

The lead developer of Bitcoin (Gavin) gave 10,000 bitcoins away in a faucet to jump start the community.

Not everyone is selfish, sometimes you have to give to receive.
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 04:41:10 AM

Selfishness has nothing to do with it. It's about IQ points. Faucets are useless, that's why nobody does it. BTC was created in a crypto vacuum. DRK was not. No alt has been helped by a faucet. Ever. No person has everbought something useful with 0.00000001 of the alt that they got for free. It doesn't do anything.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:44:07 AM

Selfishness has nothing to do with it. It's about IQ points. Faucets are useless, that's why nobody does it. BTC was created in a crypto vacuum. DRK was not. No alt has been helped by a faucet. Ever. No person has everbought something useful with 0.00000001 of the alt that they got for free. It doesn't do anything.

IQ points? Really?

I'm not a fan of dust faucets for sure, but if a faucet can give an amount that is perhaps ten times the transaction fee, it may very well get people interested in your currency.
RenegadeMan

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:48:06 AM

Such a harsh man camosoul. And there, for a moment, people who hadn't heard of such a thing were thinking that there is the possibility of a free lunch in crypto after all! Another bubble burst....

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 04:51:23 AM

IQ points? Really?

I'm not a fan of dust faucets for sure, but if a faucet can give an amount that is perhaps ten times the transaction fee, it may very well get people interested in your currency.
wow wow... hold on.  lol.  I get it now... no need for us to squabble about this.  im guessing like with everything... some are for some are not and its up the individual if its for them.  thanks guys.  geez... we are all trigger happy right now.  Wink

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 04:51:48 AM

IQ points? Really?

Yes, really. Useless dust getting deleted/forgotten on some silly crashed windows machine doesn't do any good for the coin or the owner who eventually realizes that 0.00000001ALT doesn't buy anything. Neither does 0.01ALT.

Georgem made [N]SFW gifs for fun and made more DRK than that. I gave him several DRKs. Not that I thought the .gifs were worth it, but that he was actually DOING somethinig instead of whining for free shit. Do something useful for the community to get something from the community. Oh, wait, currency != community. This isn't SovietCoin.

Even smart panhandlers will give you a stupid flower or a sign-language flyer while pretending to be deaf... At least they're doing something in exchange instead of just sitting there wanting free stuff. It might not be a fair trade, but it's something to recognize that legitimate economics requires give and take. These panhandlers actually get a useful bit of money out of it.

Not only does the faucet do no good, it encourages entitlement douchebaggery. It's not enough to matter to either party. It was a just barely tenable excuse in BTC's infancy. But, it's not anymore.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 04:53:04 AM

Such a harsh man camosoul. And there, for a moment, people who hadn't heard of such a thing were thinking that there is the possibility of a free lunch in crypto after all! Another bubble burst....
Reality is harsh. There is no candy coating on the free market of crypto. I encourage people to harden the fuck up before they get hammered for being pussies.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:57:42 AM

IQ points? Really?

Yes, really. Useless dust getting deleted/forgotten on some silly crashed windows machine doesn't do any good for the coin or the owner who eventually realizes that 0.00000001ALT doesn't buy anything. Neither does 0.01ALT.

Georgem made [N]SFW gifs for fun and made more DRK than that. I gave him several DRKs. Not that I thought the .gifs were worth it, but that he was actually DOING somethinig instead of whining for free shit. Do something useful for the community to get something from the community. Oh, wait, currency != community. This isn't SovietCoin.

Even smart panhandlers will give you a stupid flower or a sign-language flyer while pretending to be deaf... At least they're doing something in exchange instead of just sitting there wanting free stuff. It might not be a fair trade, but it's something to recognize that legitimate economics requires give and take. Not only does the faucet do no good, it encourages entitlement douchebaggery.

I've never used a faucet but liked the idea because people new to cryptocurrencies could get in easily and have some fun with it. I guess they can be misused.

As far as I can tell, as long as the money given out isn't useless (dust) then is it such a bad idea?

Imagine a person new to cryptocurrencies, they can't use the bitcoin faucet because they are dust, so they look elsewhere and find a darkcoin faucet, they get used to it, become a darkcoin supporter, now they load $100 on an exchange and then buy Dark with their cash.

That helps your cause doesn't it?
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 04:58:17 AM

Reality is harsh. There is no candy coating on the free market of crypto. I encourage people to harden the fuck up before they get hammered for being pussies.

camosoul you always put a smile on my face even of i dont always believe in the delivery... you  always have a message.  

RenegadeMan

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:58:40 AM

Like this happy critter?

Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 05:00:05 AM

Relax guys. RC4 will be here soon. Auto denom is getting fixed as we speak. 10 Drk limit will be lifted and markets can start to spring up. Faucet was just a suggestion. Let's welcome people here. If you disagree, just say "I disagree". No need for head cutting.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 05:02:09 AM

IQ points? Really?

Even smart panhandlers will give you a stupid flower or a sign-language flyer while pretending to be deaf... At least they're doing something in exchange instead of just sitting there wanting free stuff. It might not be a fair trade, but it's something to recognize that legitimate economics requires give and take. Not only does the faucet do no good, it encourages entitlement douchebaggery.

I've never used a faucet but liked the idea because people new to cryptocurrencies could get in easily and have some fun with it. I guess they can be misused.

As far as I can tell, as long as the money given out isn't useless (dust) then is it such a bad idea?

Imagine a person new to cryptocurrencies, they can't use the bitcoin faucet because they are dust, so they look elsewhere and find a darkcoin faucet, they get used to it, become a darkcoin supporter, now they load $100 on an exchange and then buy Dark with their cash.

That helps your cause doesn't it?
The problem is that it helps a useless/valueless coin get started. DRK is already way past started.

DRK's problem is that it wasn't meant to be started so fast... The idea of DRK is so potent that people jumped on the bandwagon and we don't even have a final RC yet...

If it had no value then giving it away in useful amount would make sense. But it does have value. It is easily obtainable.

If you want to give away $100,000 worth of DRK that is likely to be worth at LEAST 50x that much n the not too distant future, go ahead... Nobody is stopping you. But, the fact that you're sure as hell not going to do that should explain why there are no faucets...

Faucets are a crutch to get a coin ahead. DRK is already way past that point. It has too much value already for anyone to be stupid enough to give it away. Thus, there's no need for a faucet, eh?

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:04:07 AM

darkcoin is so big with many people in community

yet none of you can make a good darkcoin faucet site. missing out on showing 1000's of new people to darkcoin

i think somebody said they were making one a few hundred pages back. when it's done i'm sure they'll update us here.

At some point there was a DRK faucet and after going thru all my links, I think I deleted it, (which is rare for me) because it was always empty.
I know there was one out there - I'll have to search for it......hummmm

This is the one I found a while back:

http://www.cryptoblox.com/faucets/DarkCoin/

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 05:04:34 AM

Relax guys. RC4 will be here soon. Auto denom is getting fixed as we speak. 10 Drk limit will be lifted and markets can start to spring up. Faucet was just a suggestion. Let's welcome people here. If you disagree, just say "I disagree". No need for head cutting.
Evan just posted twice on the testing forum about exactly this on his way to bed. Development on RC4 is moving breakneck fast when youy consider it's basically a complete rewrite of everything that made DRK what it is.

RC4 makes it essentially a completely new coin based on the lessons learned about multi-proofing and anon. It's just called DRK for shits and grins.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 05:06:15 AM

Like this happy critter?

No, s/he still has a face. Being stupid in crypto will lead to much worse.

Etymology lessons all around: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pusillanimous

Calling someone a pussy has nothing to do with cats or vaginas.

:-p

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:11:09 AM

Evan just posted twice on the testing forum about exactly this on his way to bed. Development on RC4 is moving breakneck fast when youy consider it's basically a complete rewrite of everything that made DRK what it is.

RC4 makes it essentially a completely new coin based on the lessons learned about multi-proofing and anon. It's just called DRK for shits and grins.

Correct, I have been part of the testing and I can say from the first RC4 release to the latest version we have come leaps and bounds.

Evan has fixed the bugs found at lightning speed and done an amazing job updating the testers of what was fixed.

As of the last release the denomination by masternodes is working, but there are still a few bugs to iron out.

Gotta love watching the wallet start automatically denominating into 100's 10's 1's through the masternodes, super exciting.

Pages: « 1 ... 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 [2402] 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: