Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:34:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 [2424] 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:54:26 AM

I feel Nighttrader is the future for all anonymous transactions, any coin including darkcoin will be able to use it.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:58:38 AM

I'll leave your thread alone for now mainly mainly because of your post but also because I actually feel sorry for the people that are deep underwater.  They're suffering enough as it is.  I don't need to pour salt in the wound.

Finally, can you please substitute the word "now" to forever?

No
rentahash

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:02:47 AM

Friends,
correct me if I m wrong, but this price dropping looks to me was triggered from the moment when owners of MNs started to earn DRKs.
Maybe most of them are selling immediately upon received payment.
But again if there ware not MNs, more coins would be available for trading - so it make no sense to blame MNs.

My suspicious is that by July and August investors/traders are on holiday, and we should expect more activity and stronger buy support from September.

What we can do before September?
I believe we should all get activated in promoting DRK with superior DarkSend to the business/webshops, so by September they can be in advantage as an ready shop who is accepting premium coin DRK.

I am staring one small project relating to product(s) which can be bought via DRK, also if other DRK supporters started to offer small services or products which can be payed via DRK (like https://darkbids.com/ ...) it will help other business individuals to accept DRK as well...
The more active markets we build, the faster we will get adopted!

And remember price is relative thing, but crypto world is giving us the best/cleanest eco-system for real demand/supply law.
Whales can play, but I believe we can build strongest community after BTC who can neutralize whale games - we already beat them before.

So lets activate and join forces in helping this DRK wonder became adopted by real world asap.

mikerutch

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:04:28 AM

Ah the envy from the dark thread is hilarious! cloak baby!!!
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:05:42 AM

Friends,
correct me if I m wrong, but this price dropping looks to me was triggered from the moment when owners of MNs started to earn DRKs.
But again if there ware not MNs, more coins would be available for trading - so it make no sense to blame MNs.

No - look at the balance column here - https://drk.mn/masternodes.html

The majority I would say 90% of MN holders still have their earnings in their Masternode untouched.

They are smart, why would they sell now.
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 07:09:24 AM

Friends,
Not even close to the volume.

It's just idiot P&D chasers. The coins they are running to have no development value. They're looking for quick gains on shitcoins. They don't even read. Just chasing waves hoping to leave someone else with the bag.

Fundamentals. Blah blah blah. I'd rather hodl my DRK than chase the latest stupid until it fucks me.

Proof of Stake was dead before it started. Pure PoW is not be the answer, either. A hybrid mix of Proof of Service and Proof of Work is the only sensible course, which is why DRK is on it. It's not about being a DRK fanboy. It's just common sense.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:11:31 AM

Friends,

There are around 500-700 coins a day going to masternodes. You think that´s going to drive down the price Huh
Never. Masternoders manly hold their coins. You can see the balance of the masternodes here.

https://drk.mn/masternodes.html

What the price drives down is the short term related buyers who are unpatiant because of they are waiting on update to RC4.
Crypto learned them that all coins are only pump and dump and they can´t see the difference between a working project and a P&D scam.

As there is no announcemnt of concrete day of RC4 release they dump because of their fear into their neck.
Watch progress on darkcointalk an you have no reason to feel any kind of fear !
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 07:12:32 AM

I'm a loser in denial.
We don't have to troll your thread to feel good. But, you have to come here and act like a dickwipe while putting your ignorance on display without even realizing it... Yeah, you sure are a winner making good choices...

Your shitcoin is a fundamental failure because it is based on Proof of Stake. Nothing can fix a Proof of Stake coin. Mixing Proof of Stake with any other concept merely ruins that other concept. Short-sighted tech-illiterates chasing a wave without even reading that which they would not understand anyway...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
maese123

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:13:37 AM

we need updates or 0.006 is coming   Cry
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 07:17:08 AM

we need updates or 0.006 is coming   Cry
The Devs are not interested in your pump and dump mentality. Sell me your DRKs.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:20:32 AM

think doge coin is gonna take out drk in market cap..much ouch

mikerutch

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:27:21 AM

Dark= NOT anonymous....sorry boys cloak is the way of the future and seems a lot of dark investers such as myself have seen the major floors in dark and have sold out and gone to a true anonymous coin. At continued rate expect dark to fall to mid $3 range with the next 12hrs.
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:38:14 AM

Mikey you are missing the point Dark is on the way up. Cloak is on the way down. Why do I know this? Because I promised to whale rape you for coming to this forum, good luck today! And thanks for the profits.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:41:14 AM

I've been hovering around on this forum for a while now and I am heavily invested in DRK . To say it's been a wild ride (in regards to the pricing extremes) would obviously be an understatement, but that's all part of the excitement of being involved in something so revolutionary. What I'm picking up though so clearly, when you consider the many varying viewpoints about DRK and anon-crypto in general, is a distinct lack of understanding by some of our more infamous participants on this thread as to what privacy and anonymity actually means at this point in humanity's development.

I'd just like to articulate a couple of key aspects around this which may help some who're very negatively vocal on here obtain a greater understanding of why privacy and anonymity of financial transactions is so important.

The world in 2014 is not the same as it was even just a few years ago. The twin disasters (from the perspective of most governments and their spy/spook agencies) of the Julian Assange/Wikileaks and Edward Snowden/NSA exposure have highlighted to us just how incredibly deep, systemic and widespread is the monitoring of other governments' and citizens' private communications and transactions. It's likely that what we learned in all that uncovering is but the tip of the iceberg. When you look at some of the programs and initiatives going on like the daily state-sponsored assassination of militants in distant lands via remote controlled drones and the incredibly draconian alterations to freedom-of-speech rights curtailing journalists' ability to operate without transgressing some anti-terrorism laws, you can see that Big Brother is just getting bigger and bigger and bigger. And Mr & Mrs Joe Public are completely and utterly clueless that their rights to live freely in functioning democracies are slowly being whittled away. Like the frog in the proverbial slowly heating water, most people are blissfully unaware that "freedom" is being eroded bit by little bit by forces that are so well disguised and so entrenched, there's almost no comprehension of the dangers facing society from within the task master mega-behemoth governments we've supposedly "voted" to protect us. There is an Orwellian undercurrent going on that is making themes portrayed in fiction like Animal Farm, 1984 and V for Vendetta ever more likely.

What I hear again and again from one of our more vocal criticisers on here are thoughts along the lines of "Corporations aren't going to use Darkcoin. There's just no way they'll trust some unknown crypto currency" and "The government's not going to allow it" an "You guys are kidding yourselves if you think this could become mainstream". Against a backdrop of regulated banking, mainstream financial services and the juggernaut payment processors such as Visa, Mastercard, Western Union, yes absolutely, Darkcoin looks about as likely to succeed in this area as any other little known "techie style" technological breakthrough. But this is where the short-term thinking that's not taking in the bigger picture is so flawed. Every new technology that's ever been developed that disrupts currently entrenched markets and processes goes through several phases:

1. Some brilliant person comes up with the idea and develops early proof-of-concept examples;
2. A whole bunch of early adopters are inspired and jump into the ring to be involved and support it;
3. As it starts to take off, hundreds of people who want part of the action get involved too (but they're often very impatient, want results immediately and start mouthing off like they're experts even though no one's likely to have guaranteed them anything);
4. The technology begins to be noticed by the mainstream and corporations/governments who will potentially have their revenues heavily affected by it and hence start jockeying for position to regulate/control it or kill it off altogether;
5. Lots of serious money starts flooding in and prices go to the moon but (due to classic pyramid expansion) crashes happen as substantial numbers of those who got in in early get out with astounding profits and thousands of people suffer serious losses by walking away from their investments;
6. But meanwhile, the original visionary and early supporters stay the course and keep beavering away;
7. After vast numbers of the public end up very wary and distrustful of whatever the new technology is, people that do "get it" work away on associated products/services and an eco-system around the new technology starts to develop;
8. Before long it's being talked about positively again and then mainstream organisations start adopting it (but this can take years/decades even);
9. It's then on TV, in films, in newspapers, in supermarkets (thinks iTunes pre-paid cards for example);
10. It's then so ubiquitous and no one can even imagine why they thought it was something to be so fearful of (think Internet banking/shopping).

Now, after more than 30 years working in the IT industry (I started my career driving a van around fixing Digital Equipment Corporation PDP-11s; a realm not too many of you would know about I would think) I have seen the cycle I've described above play out many times. What's different with Darkcoin is the tectonic shifts going on in regards to huge overbearing governments that have cooked the books with money printing (QE I,II,III is over $4tril now), ZIRP (zero interest rate policy) and created welfare states with a sense of entitlement within the population that's like nothing that's ever existed in the history of man. These tectonic shifts in society and how governments "govern" are going to facilitate all new desires to within many people to take charge of one's personal finances and prevent the ever deepening scrutiny. Deep down underneath the pat little nightly newscast financial summary of the Dow, the S&P 500, the gold price, how much a barrel of oil is and what the exchange rate is of wherever you are against the US$, is manipulation, control, subversion and domination that is beyond anything Mr & Mrs Joe Public has any comprehension of, nor indeed desire to know about. "Bread and circuses" for the middle classes keep our governments able to function with almost complete immunity, while the vast gulf between the haves and have-nots just widens. Massive change though is but moments away, especially in light of this house-of-cards economic fragility courtesy of central bankers who have completely ruined the world economy's potential to self-heal. Privacy and anonymity are nice notions at the moment but very soon they're going to be must-haves. What might look somewhat dubious at the moment (and even the name "Darkcoin" conjures up illegalities at first mention' my 16 year old daughter's response when I was explaining it to her was "that sounds dodgy") is going to move through the phases I've highlighted above and become a standard.

Like others that have posted overviews of their thinking on DRK, (and I particularly like bigrcanada's summary below), I'm in this for the long haul. It doesn't mean DRK is a sure thing, but based on what I know is going on and what's going to (eventually) become important to everyday people, the strategy the DRK team have, I think is sound and will carry DRK well into the future. Some of the negative voices on here are speaking from a perspective of this week, next week, and maybe the week after (if they can stop their aggressive abuse hurling for more than an hour to have a think about things). Come on....much longer term thinking is fundamental with this. The movement of DRK's price at this juncture is nowhere near as important as the development of, what's looking like, the soundest and most substantial anonymous payment architecture ever developed. I've read the white papers and overviews of most of the anon coins and I truly believe what Even Duffield and his team are pulling together here is truly ground breaking. If he's as good an entrepreneur and project manager as he is a developer, it's highly likely RC4 won't be released for weeks yet. I've worked on large software development projects and know what's involved with distributed teams and testing. The amount of pressure being postulated here by people that clearly have no idea is appalling (one the main offenders; you know who you are; how about you just calm down about the price dropping and let this anon coin develop along the time-frame it needs for such a revolutionary concept?)

The very best thing we can do is let those guys do their job and do it well. It's imperative that RC4 is rock solid (as much as can be expected; there will be issues) and confidence is built in the strong and substantial foundation of Darkcoin.

Shojayxt... im going to give you the same respect back.  First off,  im going to assume that your fairly intuitive,  and would figure that why would a person like me be on here.  You would probably guess that i to have my agenda sort of speak.   i did some very indept research and became acquainted to Evan and Internet Ape  and what the plan was going to be back in January,  though they had been working on it already alot earlier.

As part of my own private crypto investment group... we spent alot of time discussing not only darkcoin but several other potential coins.  It became evident that nothing had the robust vision that was being purposed by darkcoin.  we had as a collective a vast experience base in crypto investments.   One of the requirements we had was that we were looking for  long term solution to wto specific concerns to us,  security,  anonymous transactions as well as a look to coming out with  real world solutions for the retail  and merchant space.  Our collective groups background is from  IT and software engineering ,  mine was  having developed a software billing system for at&t and MCI, to retail merchants,  investment advisors and even a doctor.  This  gave us a great prospective on what it would take resource wise,  to tackle this.  We were also aware of what the development cycle would be like and the hurdles that were going to come.

To be honest... couple of things that irritated us was the advertising of firm dates on deliverables as we knew those virtually meant nothing due to the  nature of what was being proposed.   the  other thing that worried  us was the the meteoric price raise.   We could fore tell that this was going to be a recipe for trouble... and here we are.   Obviously no one is thrilled with the price drop that goes with out saying though  it was not unexpected.

I think there are those here that have done a deservice to this coin in the short haul buy shouting from roof  tops dates and price targets and when those  arent met less savey investors start to panic.  we had experienced this numerous times in BTC,  not certain if your familiar when BTC was at $22 then fell to $3.   this happened a number of times to BTC... drove people crazy. We knew what was  coming price wise fir dark,  because we saw it happen a number if times with Bitcoin.

Do I have doubts about Drk?  No way... because the fundamentals are still there  that we invested in... is the  pricing down trend irritating  yes.   Doubts,  we have non because we've collectively been here before,  we know what to  expect,  people like you doing what your doing.... we've seen it all before... and im sure we'll see many more of you.   Let me tell you and those  looking to invest on Darkcoin,  we knew to stay  invested in BTC at that time.  We heard  many like you ... dump BTC for  $3 like your advising to do now.  Never Mr.  Shojayxt.  Your right... im not a moron nor is  my investment  group,  we play to win Shojayxt... and we know  exactly what we're doing and why we are amassing darkcoins!  History again will prove me right.

Mr.  Shojayxt... we're not some kids throwing some dollars around. We are professional investors that know what the hell we're doing.  Collectively Between us... we hold a sizable chunk of this coin.  And let be me very frank with you Mr. Shojayxt... we didnt invest in this to just run this up to just $50/drk.  We can assure you we are in the next few years expecting far,  FAR bigger numbers.  So to investors in Darkcoin ... this is isnt a pump.  You figure out the  rest.  Richard

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
surgexvb

Activity: 445

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:44:48 AM

Dark= NOT anonymous....sorry boys cloak is the way of the future and seems a lot of dark investers such as myself have seen the major floors in dark and have sold out and gone to a true anonymous coin. At continued rate expect dark to fall to mid $3 range with the next 12hrs.

I was under the impression Darksend has never really worked.  is that the case?  I thought anon was a work in progress still for DRK

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:49:46 AM

[BLA BLA BLA BLA ...

and Ignore .....>>>
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:52:04 AM

I've been hovering around on this forum for a while now and I am heavily invested in DRK . To say it's been a wild ride (in regards to the pricing extremes) would obviously be an understatement, but that's all part of the excitement of being involved in something so revolutionary. What I'm picking up though so clearly, when you consider the many varying viewpoints about DRK and anon-crypto in general, is a distinct lack of understanding by some of our more infamous participants on this thread as to what privacy and anonymity actually means at this point in humanity's development.

I'd just like to articulate a couple of key aspects around this which may help some who're very negatively vocal on here obtain a greater understanding of why privacy and anonymity of financial transactions is so important.

The world in 2014 is not the same as it was even just a few years ago. The twin disasters (from the perspective of most governments and their spy/spook agencies) of the Julian Assange/Wikileaks and Edward Snowden/NSA exposure have highlighted to us just how incredibly deep, systemic and widespread is the monitoring of other governments' and citizens' private communications and transactions. It's likely that what we learned in all that uncovering is but the tip of the iceberg. When you look at some of the programs and initiatives going on like the daily state-sponsored assassination of militants in distant lands via remote controlled drones and the incredibly draconian alterations to freedom-of-speech rights curtailing journalists' ability to operate without transgressing some anti-terrorism laws, you can see that Big Brother is just getting bigger and bigger and bigger. And Mr & Mrs Joe Public are completely and utterly clueless that their rights to live freely in functioning democracies are slowly being whittled away. Like the frog in the proverbial slowly heating water, most people are blissfully unaware that "freedom" is being eroded bit by little bit by forces that are so well disguised and so entrenched, there's almost no comprehension of the dangers facing society from within the task master mega-behemoth governments we've supposedly "voted" to protect us. There is an Orwellian undercurrent going on that is making themes portrayed in fiction like Animal Farm, 1984 and V for Vendetta ever more likely.

What I hear again and again from one of our more vocal criticisers on here are thoughts along the lines of "Corporations aren't going to use Darkcoin. There's just no way they'll trust some unknown crypto currency" and "The government's not going to allow it" an "You guys are kidding yourselves if you think this could become mainstream". Against a backdrop of regulated banking, mainstream financial services and the juggernaut payment processors such as Visa, Mastercard, Western Union, yes absolutely, Darkcoin looks about as likely to succeed in this area as any other little known "techie style" technological breakthrough. But this is where the short-term thinking that's not taking in the bigger picture is so flawed. Every new technology that's ever been developed that disrupts currently entrenched markets and processes goes through several phases:

1. Some brilliant person comes up with the idea and develops early proof-of-concept examples;
2. A whole bunch of early adopters are inspired and jump into the ring to be involved and support it;
3. As it starts to take off, hundreds of people who want part of the action get involved too (but they're often very impatient, want results immediately and start mouthing off like they're experts even though no one's likely to have guaranteed them anything);
4. The technology begins to be noticed by the mainstream and corporations/governments who will potentially have their revenues heavily affected by it and hence start jockeying for position to regulate/control it or kill it off altogether;
5. Lots of serious money starts flooding in and prices go to the moon but (due to classic pyramid expansion) crashes happen as substantial numbers of those who got in in early get out with astounding profits and thousands of people suffer serious losses by walking away from their investments;
6. But meanwhile, the original visionary and early supporters stay the course and keep beavering away;
7. After vast numbers of the public end up very wary and distrustful of whatever the new technology is, people that do "get it" work away on associated products/services and an eco-system around the new technology starts to develop;
8. Before long it's being talked about positively again and then mainstream organisations start adopting it (but this can take years/decades even);
9. It's then on TV, in films, in newspapers, in supermarkets (thinks iTunes pre-paid cards for example);
10. It's then so ubiquitous and no one can even imagine why they thought it was something to be so fearful of (think Internet banking/shopping).

Now, after more than 30 years working in the IT industry (I started my career driving a van around fixing Digital Equipment Corporation PDP-11s; a realm not too many of you would know about I would think) I have seen the cycle I've described above play out many times. What's different with Darkcoin is the tectonic shifts going on in regards to huge overbearing governments that have cooked the books with money printing (QE I,II,III is over $4tril now), ZIRP (zero interest rate policy) and created welfare states with a sense of entitlement within the population that's like nothing that's ever existed in the history of man. These tectonic shifts in society and how governments "govern" are going to facilitate all new desires to within many people to take charge of one's personal finances and prevent the ever deepening scrutiny. Deep down underneath the pat little nightly newscast financial summary of the Dow, the S&P 500, the gold price, how much a barrel of oil is and what the exchange rate is of wherever you are against the US$, is manipulation, control, subversion and domination that is beyond anything Mr & Mrs Joe Public has any comprehension of, nor indeed desire to know about. "Bread and circuses" for the middle classes keep our governments able to function with almost complete immunity, while the vast gulf between the haves and have-nots just widens. Massive change though is but moments away, especially in light of this house-of-cards economic fragility courtesy of central bankers who have completely ruined the world economy's potential to self-heal. Privacy and anonymity are nice notions at the moment but very soon they're going to be must-haves. What might look somewhat dubious at the moment (and even the name "Darkcoin" conjures up illegalities at first mention' my 16 year old daughter's response when I was explaining it to her was "that sounds dodgy") is going to move through the phases I've highlighted above and become a standard.

Like others that have posted overviews of their thinking on DRK, (and I particularly like bigrcanada's summary below), I'm in this for the long haul. It doesn't mean DRK is a sure thing, but based on what I know is going on and what's going to (eventually) become important to everyday people, the strategy the DRK team have, I think is sound and will carry DRK well into the future. Some of the negative voices on here are speaking from a perspective of this week, next week, and maybe the week after (if they can stop their aggressive abuse hurling for more than an hour to have a think about things). Come on....much longer term thinking is fundamental with this. The movement of DRK's price at this juncture is nowhere near as important as the development of, what's looking like, the soundest and most substantial anonymous payment architecture ever developed. I've read the white papers and overviews of most of the anon coins and I truly believe what Even Duffield and his team are pulling together here is truly ground breaking. If he's as good an entrepreneur and project manager as he is a developer, it's highly likely RC4 won't be released for weeks yet. I've worked on large software development projects and know what's involved with distributed teams and testing. The amount of pressure being postulated here by people that clearly have no idea is appalling (one the main offenders; you know who you are; how about you just calm down about the price dropping and let this anon coin develop along the time-frame it needs for such a revolutionary concept?)

The very best thing we can do is let those guys do their job and do it well. It's imperative that RC4 is rock solid (as much as can be expected; there will be issues) and confidence is built in the strong and substantial foundation of Darkcoin.

+ 1
thank you, nice to read some lines written with a brain behind it .... Grin Wink Grin
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 07:53:45 AM

Not even close to the volume.

It's just idiot P&D chasers. The coins they are running to have no development value. They're looking for quick gains on shitcoins. They don't even read. Just chasing waves hoping to leave someone else with the bag.

Fundamentals. Blah blah blah. I'd rather hodl my DRK than chase the latest stupid until it fucks me.

Proof of Stake was dead before it started. Pure PoW is not be the answer, either. A hybrid mix of Proof of Service and Proof of Work is the only sensible course, which is why DRK is on it. It's not about being a DRK fanboy. It's just common sense.
Good points.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:58:00 AM

shitcoin ad

shitcoin ad

And a friendly reminder, even if it is tempting to advertise your whatever shitcoin in the market leader's thread for maximum exposure, it's still considered a big no no in BitcoinTalk community, and only makes your own coin seem desperate. Keep it on-topic from now on, thanks!
Phillis

Activity: 404

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:02:59 AM

and my ignore lists grows ever larger. Yes, the current price is somewhat annoying, but holding due to fundamentals is a no brainer, plus my masternode averages roughly 2 drk a day (yes, it is a lucky one). When dark goes up due to rc4/kristov's review, it will be extremely quick due to so many darkcoin being held in masternodes.
Pages: « 1 ... 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 [2424] 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: