Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:50:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 [2404] 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722629 times)
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:10:02 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 07:56:37 AM by stealth923

Is there a windows test wallet, or is it only linux? I've been wanting to help but honestly linux scares the shit out of me. Kinda like DOS.

Linux is the OS supported for testing of RC4 at the moment. Dont be too scared, I have taught myself over the past month or 2 and its been a great learning experience.

Virtualbox, Ubuntu & Darkcoin RC4 Testnet Guide

To get you started here is a quick run through of what you can do if you want to run darkcoin RC4 testnet in a virtual on your windows machine Smiley

1) Download virtual box v4.3.12 and install it. (Users have reported issues with v4.3.14) Grab it from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualbox.mirror/files/VirtualBox%204.3.12/VirtualBox-4.3.12-93733-Win.exe/download

2) Download the latest ubuntu 64bit v14.04 ISO and stick it somewhere on your hdd. You can grab it from here: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

3) Create a new Virtual machine in Virtual Box and set the following:
          Type / Version: Linux, Ubuntu 64bit
          RAM: Give it 1gb or more if you can afford
          Harddrive: Create a new VDI Dynamic HDD, 20GB is plenty!

4) Give the new virtual machine the following settings:
Storage:  Click the CD where it says "Empty" under the storage tree then select the little     CD icon on the right which is next to the "IDE Secondary Master" Drop down and select "Choose a virtual CD/DVD disk file. Set the CDROM Drive to mount the Ubuntu 14.04 ISO that you downloaded in step 2.
Network: Set it to Bridged Adapter and choose your desktops network card thats connected to the internet.

5) Start the virtual machine and the Ubuntu OS installer will automatically boot and follow the prompts to install, username, password, computer name etc.

6) Once the install is complete, log in, and from the virtualbox window install the "Guest additions". Click Devices and "Insert Guest Additions CD.." Enter
your root password that you set on install to begin the installation. Once complete restart the VM.

7) Log back in and select the Filing cabinet icon from the left hand menu. The second icon. Once loaded,from the top menu click "Edit-->Preferences" then select the "Show hidden and backup files" checkbox then click close.

8 ) Open firefox from the left hand menu. Third icon. And you can download the latest Darkcoin RC4 binaries from "http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc4/darkcoin-qt" save the file somewhere like your desktop.

9) Right click on the darkcoin-qt file and select the Permissions tab. Click the "Allow executing file as program" check box then click close.

10) Double click on the darkcoin-qt to launch the wallet. Click Accept on the terms and conditions then after a few seconds close the wallet.

11) Open the File Cabinet from the left hand menu. 2nd Icon and click "Computer". Browse to home/'Username'/.darkcoin folder

12) Right click and create a new empty document called "darkcoin.conf" and open the file. Inside the file enter "testnet=1" without the quotes and save and close the file.

13) Launch the darkcoin-qt from the desktop again and you should see the wallet open with a different coloured logo and the title bar indicating you are on testnet.

14) Browse to https://drkipn.com/test/faucet/ to send yourself some testnet coins so you can begin playing around. Note: If you want to see denominating, click on the Darkcoin icon at the top right hand side of the screen and select Options --> Display Tab --> Display Coin Control Features. When you select the send tab you will now see an "inputs" button. Select that to see what's happening to your coins when they are denominated and how many rounds etc.

15) If you want to delve into the debug.log its located in home/username/.darkcoin/testnet3 folder. Look up how to use the linux terminal and the tail command if you want to watch it real-time.

Enjoy Smiley
bump
sin242

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:13:59 AM

Not everyone is selfish, sometimes you have to give to receive.
Selfishness has nothing to do with it. It's about IQ points. Faucets are useless, that's why nobody does it. BTC was created in a crypto vacuum. DRK was not. No alt has been helped by a faucet. Ever. No person has everbought something useful with 0.00000001 of the alt that they got for free. It doesn't do anything.

I have never said a word to you, from what I remember and maybe this will be the last time unless you suck me in - blah blah blah but....

You have your moments and then you have YOUR MOMENTS.

First off Faucets do not dispense one satoshi at a time every 30 minutes or so.
It would take FOR FUCKING EVER to even matter.
48 Satoshi a day, even if your right on time, is ridiculous.

You seem to go from one fucking extreme to another - I don't even know how to take you any more.
You're either some punk ass kid or some really bitter old man - some times they kinda look the same - wtf??

Can you at least for one fucking day - be a normal - none hating - none critical - bitter - - --  fuck?

Your like Bob's alter ego sometimes - go watch Fight Club - maybe you'll get what I mean.

I love constructive criticism but damn man - give shit a chance and be realistic sometimes - do you always have to stir the pot?

I know where the ignore button is and I'd rather not put it on you

GIVE A BROTHER A BREAK ! ! !

Maybe I'm just trippn but PLEASE POST FACTS and not some of this crazy shit you think is personally funny - - PLEASE ! !

It's a love hate relationship with our Camo...  Sometimes it's like "Camo please stop" then other times he's the funniest bastard on the planet...

I don't think you can peg Camo into any particular container... I think he likes it that way too...

He may have exagerated, but he's not wrong.  I hit a faucet up back in feb for fun..  It dropped me .0125 dark  and IIRC it was an 8 hour recharge....  I'd call that pretty damn worthless personally.

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:14:23 AM

Calling someone a pussy has nothing to do with cats or vaginas.
Yeah I realise that camosoul, the angry cat picture was tongue-in-cheek.

You've certainly not approached the expression of a few concepts on here pusillanimously!

I enjoy your input (although after reading a couple of your blog postings I probably wouldn't be going out of my way at a party to spend time with you. Ha!)

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
thunderdrum

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:16:22 AM

Total Masternodes: 844 = 831 actives + 13 inactives

If this isnt a sign of serious investment - I dont know what is.

Lets hope we can get around 1000 for RC4. Thats a huge milestone!

Getting to 10% of Bitcoin number of nodes in such a short space of time, with the requirement to have 1000 DRKs to get a node, that was the milestone.

This is all just cherries on top at this stage of the game.

If we had 10% of Bitcoin value as well at this stage of the game.......

Total Masternodes: 844 = 831 actives + 13 inactives

If this isnt a sign of serious investment - I dont know what is.

Lets hope we can get around 1000 for RC4. Thats a huge milestone!
stealth with this speed of increasing in quantity I dont see any problems with 1000+ MNs

I know RC4 means a lot. But i do hope 1000MN comes first~  Grin

This is the best project in crypto----DarkCoin. Time will tell and don't blame you miss it.
FAQ
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:19:19 AM

lol @ someone selling 2 masternodes at this price
About a month ago I done the same thing at 0.0095 thinking it would start panic. Price soon bounced to 0.01+ I cried. At least I bought back in around same price eventually.

what were you thinking !
man, grow some balls ....>
(lucky you to get back in for the same price, hope you leafed your lesson)
naxin

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:21:20 AM

lol @ someone selling 2 masternodes at this price
About a month ago I done the same thing at 0.0095 thinking it would start panic. Price soon bounced to 0.01+ I cried. At least I bought back in around same price eventually.

Gahhhh this kills me - by the time I could get enough bitcoin they'll be snatched up.
thunderdrum

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:23:11 AM

Holy~**
Another great work.
 El Presidente  Grin

This is the best project in crypto----DarkCoin. Time will tell and don't blame you miss it.
FAQ
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:31:17 AM

asking again:
Question:
so what happens if RC4 will be working fine (soon)
but most of DRK are locked up in MN's
so the volume on the Markets is super low (nothing to buy)
....>
5 DRK and 10 DRK trades (what is happening in the moment) will bring the price way up ?
(as there is so little supply)
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 06:47:23 AM

asking again:
Question:
....>
5 DRK and 10 DRK trades (what is happening in the moment) will bring the price way up ?
The real question you're asking is "How does any financial market work?"

+demand -supply = price goes up sharply. This is how it is in any economic market that is not encumbered by way too much government bullshit.

How much, or to what extreme the ctrypto environment will allow... Something this significant has never been done. Nobody can say for sure. No crypto has had this much intrinsic value (which may or may not translate into demand, depending on how stupid people are), with such a low supply. Adoption is a factor of people being smart enough to realize what's good for them. So, the intrinsic value of DRK does not necessarily translate into demand. But, I'm willing to bet that DRK has a lot of sideline whales that have been watching for a long time... The BTC-style integration makes adoption easy for those who choose to do so. It could take off a LOT faster than BTC. Will it? Depends on the humans...

DRK has potential to outpace it's fungible mix value of .001DRK. Another way to say it is that the value could go high enough that .001 will be too big of a chunk to handle, like an ounce of Gold is not really fungible. It's possible. If smart people were the majority, it would already be so. But, smart people are less than 0.1% of the population. But, there has been time for attention to be gotten and even a few smart people might be enough to spike really hard... It's impossible to predict. The only thing one can say is that it has to go up, the laws of human nature and economics say so. How far is the question no one can claim to know.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 06:52:34 AM

asking again:
Question:
....>

TO THE MOON !!!!  Grin

Tao

tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:53:45 AM

asking again:
Question:
....>
The real question you're asking is "How does any financial market work?"

+demand -supply = price goes up sharply. This is how it is in any economic market that is not encumbered by way too much government bullshit.

How much, or to what extreme the ctrypto environment will allow... Something this significant has never been done. Nobody can say for sure. No crypto has had this much intrinsic value (which may or may not translate into demand, depending on how stupid people are), with such a low supply. Adoption is a factor of people being smart enough to realize what's good for them. So, the intrinsic value of DRK does not necessarily translate into demand. But, I'm willing to bet that DRK has a lot of sideline whales that have been watching for a long time... The BTC-style integration makes adoption easy for those who choose to do so. It could take off a LOT faster than BTC. Will it? Depends on the humans...

DRK has potential to outpace it's fungible mix value of .001DRK. Another way to say it is that the value could go high enough that .001 will be too big of a chunk to handle, like an ounce of Gold is not really fungible. It's possible. If smart people were the majority, it would already be so. But, smart people are less than 0.1% of the population. But, there has been time for attention to be gotten and even a few smart people might be enough to spike really hard... It's impossible to predict. The only thing one can say is that it has to go up, the laws of human nature and economics say so. How far is the question no one can claim to know.

haha
tx man, i so hear you.
I know this has never been done before, that's why i am asking
and sure, it all depends on the humans out there ...>>
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:54:10 AM

@Ignition75

I thank you for bringing me back down -

Your that brother man the moved into the warehouse, right?

Love your setup - and I'd do the same thing given the chance/opportunity

Yeah, I went full retard...

After working for banks and seeing exactly how they work, nothing has motivated me more to try and live without them...

DRK is my enabler.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:54:41 AM

TO THE MOON !!!!  Grin

Tao
[/quote]

whow, 1st post
and 'to the moon'
we like that positive attitude !
Welcome !!
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 06:55:34 AM

Linux is the OS supported for testing of RC4 at the moment. Dont be too scared, I have taught myself over the past month or 2 and its been a great learning experience.

To get you started here is a quick run through of what you can do if you want to run darkcoin RC4 testnet in a virtual on your windows machine Smiley

1) Download the latest virtual box and install it. Grab it from here: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/4.3.14/VirtualBox-4.3.14-95030-Win.exe

2) Download the latest ubuntu 64bit v14.04 ISO and stick it somewhere on your hdd. You can grab it from here: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Storage:  Click the CD where it says "Empty" under the storage tree then select the little     CD icon on the right which is next to the "IDE Secondary Master" Drop down and select "Choose a virtual CD/DVD disk file. Set the CDROM Drive to mount the Ubuntu 14.04 ISO that you downloaded in step 2.
Network: Set it to Bridged Adapter and choose your desktops network card thats connected to the internet.

5) Start the virtual machine and the Ubuntu OS installer will automatically boot and follow the prompts to install, username, password, computer name etc.

6) Once the install is complete, log in, and from the virtualbox window install the "Guest additions". Click Devices and "Insert Guest Additions CD.." Enter
your root password that you set on install to begin the installation. Once complete restart the VM.

7) Log back in and select the Filing cabinet icon from the left hand menu. The second icon. Once loaded,from the top menu click "Edit-->Preferences" then select the "Show hidden and backup files" checkbox then click close.

8 ) Open firefox from the left hand menu. Third icon. And you can download the latest Darkcoin RC4 binaries from "http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc4/darkcoin-qt" save the file somewhere like your desktop.

9) Right click on the darkcoin-qt file and select the Permissions tab. Click the "Allow executing file as program" check box then click close.

10) Double click on the darkcoin-qt to launch the wallet. Click Accept on the terms and conditions then after a few seconds close the wallet.

11) Open the File Cabinet from the left hand menu. 2nd Icon and click "Computer". Browse to home/'Username'/.darkcoin folder

12) Right click and create a new empty document called "darkcoin.conf" and open the file. Inside the file enter "testnet=1" without the quotes and save and close the file.

13) Launch the darkcoin-qt from the desktop again and you should see the wallet open with a different coloured logo and the title bar indicating you are on testnet.

14) Browse to https://drkipn.com/test/faucet/ to send yourself some testnet coins so you can begin playing around. Note: If you want to see denominating, click on the Darkcoin icon at the top right hand side of the screen and select Options --> Display Tab --> Display Coin Control Features. When you select the send tab you will now see an "inputs" button. Select that to see what's happening to your coins when they are denominated and how many rounds etc.

15) If you want to delve into the debug.log its located in home/username/.darkcoin/testnet3 folder. Look up how to use the linux terminal and the tail command if you want to watch it real-time.

Enjoy Smiley

FYI if VirtualBox-4.3.14 does not work, downgrade to 4.3.12 which worked for me on Win7 64.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:58:20 AM

How nice is it to have some pleasant conversation without the Trolls!

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 07:00:14 AM

1) Download the latest virtual box and install it. Grab it from here: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/4.3.14/VirtualBox-4.3.14-95030-Win.exe

Enjoy Smiley

FYI if VirtualBox-4.3.14 does not work, downgrade to 4.3.12 which worked for me on Win7 64.
Don't forget to install the extensions on the virtualized OS... Then you can pass files via fake network and scale the resolution as you see fit.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 07:00:37 AM

How nice is it to have some pleasant conversation without the Trolls!
Shut up! Don't jinx it!

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:02:30 AM

Oh my gosh, he did it!  It was like my last thought this morning, or last night, that it would be so cool to have that!  El Presidente is just amazing!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:08:04 AM

I just want to say one thing, I have always said Blackcoins / Darkcoins success was largely dependent on Mintpals success as a exchange. I actually feel since the mintpal hack and change of ownership to Moolah it has hurt the coins that have done well on Mintpal in the past.

This is not me trying to spread fud but just a observation, if btc comes pouring back into Mintpal we will see both the above coins rise in price again.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 07:10:11 AM

I just want to say one thing, I have always said Blackcoins / Darkcoins success was largely dependent on Mintpals success as a exchange. I actually feel since the mintpal hack and change of ownership to Moolah it has hurt the coins that have done well on Mintpal in the past.

This is not me trying to spread fud but just a observation, if btc comes pouring back into Mintpal we will see both the above coins rise in price again.
Traffic was driven to the exchange of the moment by success of the coin, not the other way around. I bitched and screamed to have craptsy pulled off the top of the list because there was a huge buy surge and everyone kept falling into the craptsy trap. The OP was eventually updated and the price spiked hard immediately as those flooding in to buy went to an exchange that worked instead; mintpal. Now mintpal has fallen down and bitfinex stands.

Hear that OP? Might as well get a jump on it now... In the list of exchanges, the one that sucks the least should be at the top of the list...

Why encourage people to stumble through a goxian nightmare when you don't have to? I don't mean to seem like DRK should promote an exchange, but it should at least de-promote the failures that will hose up a persons' DRK entry experience...

Attrition from Minpal at this time is remarkably good timing, as they will no longer be the go-to exchange.

Bitfinex is about to get huge and they can thank Evan for it.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Pages: « 1 ... 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 [2404] 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: