Bitcoin Forum
August 03, 2024, 07:18:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 [2732] 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 2782 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722821 times)
ignitiondefect

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:00:42 PM

After predicting the DRK price implosion just weeks ago (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8073765#msg8073765), I have another prediction to make. I take no pleasure in saying this but I hope that those who didn't take my advice before will listen this time and save themselves some money. DRK will never again approach its previous price. The reason is that it does not provide an attractive practical solution for those who seek anonymity (relative to BTC used in conjunction with mixers). Even if it does function perfectly on a technical level, the fact remains that moving BTC into DRK generally requires dealing with an exchange that will be forced to compromise privacy as the result of increased regulations. And once you have your DRK, where are you going to spend it? There is no DRK ecosystem to speak of. BTC has hundreds of millions being invested into an infrastructure to stimulate mass adoption. If you truly wanted to be anonymous, wouldn't you want to be lost in the crowd along with regular consumers as opposed to being potentially linked to a currency inadvertently branded as the go-to solution for drug dealers, paedophiles, and tax-dodgers? In front of a jury, what's more incriminating: evidence that you had a BTC wallet on your computer like everybody else including your aunt Bertha...or that you had a sinisterly-named DarkCoin Wallet on there? I would short DRK if I knew how but I have zero skin in the game. Save yourself some serious grief and at the very least don't dump more of your hard-earned money into this.

Your concerns are certainly not without merit. I won't address your price prediction as illiquid crypto markets don't operate on LT outlook, but on short term hype and despair cycles almost solely controlled by large holders.

As to the rest of your remarks, I can only caution that none of us can be certain how all of this will turn out. Your post is very similar to those made about bitcoin itself only a year ago, and those criticisms still apply for the vast majority of people outside the BTC bubble.

With regard to converting between coins, I expect functional decentralized exchanges to minimize the need to rely on regulated, centralized entities. There are more than a few already close to offering real world utility.

Everything going on now is experimental and speculative, and to be sure, most projects will completely fail. This game certainly isn’t for the faint of heart, and no one should bet the farm on any one outcome, but there continues to be an incredible amount of money to be made while all of this plays out. I personally believe DRK still has a role to play, but to each his own.

I'll concede to your point about the emergence of decentralized unregulated exchanges. At the same time however, decentralized anonymous BTC mixers can't be far behind.
Icebucket

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:02:19 PM

So when is the youtube infomercial on  darkcoin coming out? 
We are still having a open discussion about the script.
The question is what is Darkcoin and target word count is around 100 words.

We need more suggestions from people before we can continue.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-video.333

Take part in this and post your explanation as to what is darkcoin.  Smiley

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:03:28 PM

Well there goes that rally. Pretty sure some BTC holder(s) needed to do a Darksend.
This shows that the DRK/BTC markets are ridiculously illiquid and can't quite handle a 50-100+ BTC buy/sell (price going up would fix that) and it again proves that Darkcoin is becoming the preferred anonymity solution in the crypto world (which you would think portends to price going up).

Fundamentals, gotta have those fundamentals  Grin

The exchanges need to get their act together to prevent illegal behaviour. They are the entry and exit points.

So, basically every coin out there can interchange with DRK.

That's pretty big news.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 09:06:52 PM

After predicting the DRK price implosion just weeks ago (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8073765#msg8073765), I have another prediction to make. I take no pleasure in saying this but I hope that those who didn't take my advice before will listen this time and save themselves some money. DRK will never again approach its previous price. The reason is that it does not provide an attractive practical solution for those who seek anonymity (relative to BTC used in conjunction with mixers). Even if it does function perfectly on a technical level, the fact remains that moving BTC into DRK generally requires dealing with an exchange that will be forced to compromise privacy as the result of increased regulations. And once you have your DRK, where are you going to spend it? There is no DRK ecosystem to speak of. BTC has hundreds of millions being invested into an infrastructure to stimulate mass adoption. If you truly wanted to be anonymous, wouldn't you want to be lost in the crowd along with regular consumers as opposed to being potentially linked to a currency inadvertently branded as the go-to solution for drug dealers, paedophiles, and tax-dodgers? In front of a jury, what's more incriminating: evidence that you had a BTC wallet on your computer like everybody else including your aunt Bertha...or that you had a sinisterly-named DarkCoin Wallet on there? I would short DRK if I knew how but I have zero skin in the game. Save yourself some serious grief and at the very least don't dump more of your hard-earned money into this.

Your concerns are certainly not without merit. I won't address your price prediction as illiquid crypto markets don't operate on LT outlook, but on short term hype and despair cycles almost solely controlled by large holders.

As to the rest of your remarks, I can only caution that none of us can be certain how all of this will turn out. Your post is very similar to those made about bitcoin itself only a year ago, and those criticisms still apply for the vast majority of people outside the BTC bubble.

With regard to converting between coins, I expect functional decentralized exchanges to minimize the need to rely on regulated, centralized entities. There are more than a few already close to offering real world utility.

Everything going on now is experimental and speculative, and to be sure, most projects will completely fail. This game certainly isn’t for the faint of heart, and no one should bet the farm on any one outcome, but there continues to be an incredible amount of money to be made while all of this plays out. I personally believe DRK still has a role to play, but to each his own.

Well said sir.  I certainly have no crystal ball.  I still believe there is room for several coins at the top.  I'll use a very simple analogy, take wine...something I know well.  It would be simple to just make "A WINE" and not dozen or so different wines.  And like BTC to DRK...there are wines that people drink everyday...and those that people collect and even use as a store of value.  What I'm getting at...is even thought its good to make your opinions know...in the end they are just opinions.  I for one wouldn't bet the farm on either out come.  All I know is I like the fundamentals of Darkcoin...and its potential Utility.  There are hundreds of currency in the world....choice is a good thing.  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:07:43 PM

I'll concede to your point about the emergence of decentralized unregulated exchanges. At the same time however, decentralized anonymous BTC mixers can't be far behind.

How do you propose they go about doing this? What incentive would there be to running a mixer? How do you know there's not collusion between the several (or however many) that are running? There's no barrier to entry, but no incentive either, meaning it wouldn't be much of a stretch to imagine the nodes being controlled by people who have an interest in de-anonymizing you.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:09:26 PM

It's a background image and a few widgets, you can brand it however you like in seconds. How many seconds depends on whether you have the artwork handy.  Wink

Anyone have a full list of DS+ related daemon calls (if any exist yet) and launch switches?

do the widgets contain the 'drk' references?

e.g. could one change drk for 'xyz' and effectively create a private white label reward mechanism that is powered by DRK behind the scenes?

You can change anything you like, it's just an empty form that you put whatever you want on, some of which (eg. the 'send' button, which you can call 'Herbert' if you want) does stuff.

Hah, just spotted 'anonymised_balance' under getinfo, I can pull it out of there...  Smiley

cheers, Sir Crouton

a few more questions...

* IPR?
* GitHub?
* ease of adding fiat exchange conversions to give indication of value?
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:10:44 PM

Well said sir.  I certainly have no crystal ball.  I still believe there is room for several coins at the top.  I'll use a very simple analogy, take wine...something I know well.  It would be simple to just make "A WINE" and not dozen or so different wines.  And like BTC to DRK...there are wines that people drink everyday...and those that people collect and even use as a store of value.  What I'm getting at...is even thought its good to make your opinions know...in the end they are just opinions.  I for one wouldn't bet the farm on either out come.  All I know is I like the fundamentals of Darkcoin...and its potential Utility.  There are hundreds of currency in the world....choice is a good thing. 

Am I correct in recalling that you own a winery in Canada? Feel free to pm me the name / location... I do enjoy my vino. Smiley

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 09:10:51 PM

Possible eruption developing under the glacier in Iceland.

Could be the cause of DRK's recent dip.

"DRK's recent dip"? You sir are a master in the art of understatement. That's like calling the Great Depression the Little Dipper.

All crypto's have had major dips...least we forget the high and low of BTC....its fall from December makes Darkcoins fall look like child play, $1200-$380 at one point today.  We are all aware here so lets paint every coin with the same brush.   I mean should we pull up the BTC Trading charts over the last 5 years?  I guessed not.  Lets be productive and find ways guys to make crypto relevant in the real world!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 09:11:51 PM

Well said sir.  I certainly have no crystal ball.  I still believe there is room for several coins at the top.  I'll use a very simple analogy, take wine...something I know well.  It would be simple to just make "A WINE" and not dozen or so different wines.  And like BTC to DRK...there are wines that people drink everyday...and those that people collect and even use as a store of value.  What I'm getting at...is even thought its good to make your opinions know...in the end they are just opinions.  I for one wouldn't bet the farm on either out come.  All I know is I like the fundamentals of Darkcoin...and its potential Utility.  There are hundreds of currency in the world....choice is a good thing. 

Am I correct in recalling that you own a winery in Canada? Feel free to pm me the name / location... I do enjoy my vino. Smiley
Will do...crap...and I still have to post our "Darkcoins Accepted Here"  Sign at our till.  Smiley

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:13:21 PM

How do you propose they go about doing this? What incentive would there be to running a mixer? How do you know there's not collusion between the several (or however many) that are running? There's no barrier to entry, but no incentive either, meaning it wouldn't be much of a stretch to imagine the nodes being controlled by people who have an interest in de-anonymizing you.
tl;dr

darkwallet has had problems because ISPs can pull them, and they have.
dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:13:55 PM

This is all manipulation by few rich drk holders..they have put big sell walls to keep price down while they wait for money deposits to buy cheap btc and with cheap btc buy even cheaper drk ..then they will remove sell walls and 100% profit is no brainer

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
daxiake

Activity: 688

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:16:42 PM

all anon concept coins turn cold...which is the next dark to lead the trend?

need a new hot concept.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:17:11 PM

Will do...crap...and I still have to post our "Darkcoins Accepted Here"  Sign at our till.  Smiley

I'd be interested to know the reaction to 'Darkcoin' vs. 'DRK'.

A name change should be on the cards.  DRK might be a compromise.
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:17:53 PM

This is all manipulation by few rich drk holders..they have put big sell walls to keep price down while they wait for money deposits to buy cheap btc and with cheap btc buy even cheaper drk ..then they will remove sell walls and 100% profit is no brainer

850btc in 24 hours is not a few big whales, it's a fire sale
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:19:25 PM

17,000 BTC on LTC. That's a disaster
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 09:22:03 PM

The silver lining is this will now spread the coin amongst more people....and really its holding well at this price.  We old Darkcoin holders know that by know most whales that bought...bought at this current price....few are not going to want to lose bags of money.  Smiley  ....so lets see if this is the floor.   

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 09:23:09 PM

That is the big story here...HOLY SMOKES!!!! insane...if been reading a few places and the community is falling apart.  That got to suck....

Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:23:37 PM

very true and look at it this way. LTC needs a shitload of money to reach old pricelevels. Dark needs a lot less. In any case I am actually enjoying this whole cryptocrush and DRK crush. Its healthy.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:32:26 PM

everything is so relative, if we calculate in percentage, drk is the biggest looser this weak (i think, ignoring copycoins), if we calculate marketcap, bitcoin and litecoin lead the loosers race

@coins101, at least enjoy your two days vacation if you already quit them early and step away from computer Wink but its so quiet in here at the moment, its almost relaxed... great sideeffect ;(

The relative percentage loss needs to be weighted against the length its been in circulation.

LTC is a disaster, and as was said earlier, it needs buckets and buckets of money to lift the price.

DRK is just getting going.
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:35:58 PM

Luigi1111 - Only way is with bitcoin fork to implement masternodes. gl!

Let's focus on decentralized BTC/DRK exchanges that are mutually beneficial to both coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 [2732] 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 2782 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: