Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:51:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 [2770] 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 2782 2783 2784 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722526 times)
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:00:20 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 09:10:37 AM by aleix

[...]
I'm very concerned.

I think RenegadeMan lack of global vision. We are not talking about US service or EU service, we are talking about something can help people all around the world.

China, Iran, Pakistan, Russia, some african countries, most of arab countries like Siria, Egipt, etc.. there are a lot of countries which are not regular democracies like US and EU. Every day journalists and freedom fighters are killed all around the world.

DRKTor can offer a great service for a lot of people who need to protect against corrupt and dictatorship regimes.

The majority of the world is run by people who take a dim view of anyone challenging their authority. They have fought very hard and probably killed lots of people to be in charge of things and are not about to give that up so some ‘peasants’ can wield a ballot paper.

Source: http://sandysviews.com/2012/03/19/conflict-is-eternal/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:02:40 AM

Your saying that deflation causes a currency to collapse. Id say this is wrong.

No, I didn't say that.

I said it's role changes from a monetary one to a utility one. In other words instead of investing in a potential cryptocurrency that sees adoption across many sectors of the economy, you're investing in a business with a fiat revenue stream.

The problem I see with that is not that it isn't potentially a successful revenue stream but that it changes the nature of the 'product' and makes it far easier for competitors to replicate.

Again, utility value and monetary value to NOT add. They are mutually exclusive roles in any economy. You don't add value to a monetary medium by giving it utility value - rather the utility value diminishes the monetary value by making it less efficient in a monetary role.

This is a platform though essentially. So the one use or "app" would be as described pay per private browsing. Darkcoin can still be used as currency elsewhere. And indeed on other "apps" within and outside the platform.

The coin is still the coin. The platform is independent. That's how I see it anyway.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 09:06:48 AM

I'm very concerned.

Very valid concerns.

You will have noticed that I have been suggesting a name change, resulting in a compromise, from my part, of putting forward just DRK.

I have also been looking at white label options where the wallet is given a completely different branding. Who cares that there is something called DRK running the network from behind?

DRKTor

Tor is legal

https://www.torproject.org/eff/tor-legal-faq

My view is that its like people growing pot in their rented homes. You don't arrest the property owner, you arrest those that are growing.

Master Nodes are not those putting any illegal material on the network. The cops have to hunt and arrest those that do the crime.

That's how the internet works now. Illegal file sharing is illegal, you go after king dot com, not the ISP whose wires get used.

PirateBay was attacked because those running it were going after illegal content to make them money.  DRKTor would be a way to access legal content. A small percentage may use it for other things. Fine, honey trap and sting them.

For me, this is the first project that has a crypto backed by something tangible. DRK coins will have intrinsic value because you need them to use the DRKTor infrastructure.

We have always said that Bitcoin is too far ahead to beat. Now that only applies to mainstream merchant outlets.

We can have something approaching Bitcoin value, by creating the value ourselves.

For me, DRKTor is not a criminal infrastructure network, it would be a tool and the answer to being tracked to death by every single internet company.

The governments of the world make and sell weapons to criminal States. They get used for illegal purposes. They still make more weapons. We should ban this before looking to ban DRKTor before it gets going.
Stop making sense! You know it won't get anywhere with these people...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:08:55 AM

The rankings at coingecko.com indicated that our community has a lot of potential to grow compared to coins like RDD, DOGE or LTC (even VTC and BC perform better).

If you love Darkcoin, here are some things you can do:

Community
Developer

Help the community to grow.
tombtc

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:10:49 AM

I vote for vertoe to be an official dev!
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:11:29 AM

No, I didn't say that.

I said it's role changes from a monetary one to a utility one. In other words instead of investing in a potential cryptocurrency that sees adoption across many sectors of the economy, you're investing in a business with a fiat revenue stream.

The problem I see with that is not that it isn't potentially a successful revenue stream but that it changes the nature of the 'product' and makes it far easier for competitors to replicate.

Again, utility value and monetary value to NOT add. They are mutually exclusive roles in any economy. You don't add value to a monetary medium by giving it utility value - rather the utility value diminishes the monetary value by making it less efficient in a monetary role.

So I received another masternode payment.  That's two in a little over six hours.  What's troubles me is that I should have gotten three payments if it wasn't for this guy not paying the 20% masternode fee.  http://explorer.darkcoin.io/block/0000000000086eadb80ad08b5d7ff75891abbad0a7040a2fbf1d4c82cf1a0727.  He's not paying any fee's http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/Xqi4JGoYQsKy2uyxyA3nuR1vrJi474jnJj  It really ticks me off that I didn't get my payment.  Something needs to be done about this.  It's costing me money.  Ironic isn't it?

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:13:57 AM

No, I didn't say that.

I said its economic role potentially sfifts from a monetary one to a utility one. In other words instead of investing in a potential cryptocurrency that sees adoption across many sectors of the economy, you're investing in a business with a fiat revenue stream.

So what would be the difference when Evan open sources and another developer wrote the Tor service to sit ontop of the masternodes??? Darkcoin is still the currency???DarkTor is SEPARATE from the currency

You are getting stuck that somehow because its Evan developing the service that Darkcoin now suddenly is a utility based platform as a whole...you are incorrect.

Additionally you are concerned that the coin supply will drop due to the utility factor as opposed to it being a pure currency. Its acting just like a currency when people PURCHASE goods and services like DarkTor..Its an open market and the price will be corrected based on supply and demand, you of anyone I would expect to understand this.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:22:37 AM

I think RenegadeMan lack of global vision. We are not talking about US service or EU service, we are talking about something can help people all around the world.

China, Iran, Pakistan, Russia, some african countries, most of arab countries like Siria, Egipt, etc.. there are a lot of countries which are not regular democracies like US and EU. Every day journalists, freedom fighters are killed all around the world.
I fully understand what DRK's going to do for the millions of people in the world for who privacy isn't just something nice to have, their very life depends on it.

Contrary to some of the comments on here (which are hardly a surprise, so many people aren't able to think through counterpoint issues, they just return to a default position of rejecting even constructive criticism) I'm not misunderstanding the enormity of what DRK's potentially going to bring to the wider world. I'm talking about the risk to DRK of government and big business facilitating a whipping up of extreme public negative sentiment towards it resulting in a witch-hunt style of attack on anyone involved in running DRK MNs and/or DRK related businesses/services.

It's the risk to DRK of it becoming publicly associated first and foremost as a "criminals' network" that I'm highlighting, not whether DRK has validity, everyone here knows it does. The level of anonymity and privacy offered is a fundamental right that we all should be upholding.

I'm talking about the risk DRK faces and whether we can mitigate that risk to some extent.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:30:53 AM

I'm talking about the risk DRK faces and whether we can mitigate that risk to some extent.

Yes, I got that. But what can we do? Can we provide services to Edward Snowden, Wikileaks etc? At least there is some awareness among some people that they are no "terrorists" (don`t know about the US, but I think in Germany Snowden is considered a hero by a strong majority).
salmion

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:31:35 AM

One of the differences between darkwallet and drk is the way the lead developers put their services out. Amir comes across as fuck the Man. Which gets more press but encourages the demonisation you describe. Drk has come across as being about privacy, not condoning or encouraging illegal activity. If people use it for that that's their problem. That privacy line needs to be reiterated as much as possible. The "noble" intentions as it were.
onetime

Activity: 602
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:33:10 AM

Long Live Darkcoin!  Grin

-onetime

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:33:45 AM

I vote for vertoe to be an official dev!

Lol, a dev who does not develop? Or do you want me to develop for darkcoin?
Unfortunately, that's only possible if someone pays me for that as I got to feed 2 kids.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:38:11 AM

China, Iran, Pakistan, Russia, some african countries, most of arab countries like Siria, Egipt, etc.. there are a lot of countries which are not regular democracies like US and EU. Every day journalists, freedom fighters are killed all around the world.
I fully understand what DRK's going to do for the millions of people in the world for who privacy isn't just something nice to have, their very life depends on it.

Contrary to some of the comments on here (which are hardly a surprise, so many people aren't able to think through counterpoint issues, they just return to a default position of rejecting even constructive criticism) I'm not misunderstanding the enormity of what DRK's potentially going to bring to the wider world. I'm talking about the risk to DRK of government and big business facilitating a whipping up of extreme public negative sentiment towards it resulting in a witch-hunt style of attack on anyone involved in running DRK MNs and/or DRK related businesses/services.

It's the risk to DRK of it becoming publicly associated first and foremost as a "criminals' network" that I'm highlighting, not whether DRK has validity, everyone here knows it does. The level of anonymity and privacy offered is a fundamental right that we all should be upholding.

So is just a marketing issue? Just spread the map I published. Freedom is a rare thing in our world! We need to make people think about that.
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:38:14 AM

Guys, can someone put together a decent press release containing what Evan said plus a few comments and send it out
to media? So far there has only been one article covering the update:

http://www.forexminute.com/bitcoin/darkcoin-team-reveals-new-plans-rc4-42119
stealth923
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:39:56 AM

Guys, can someone put together a decent press release containing what Evan said plus a few comments and send it out

Agreed

The Darkcoin team needs to spam the world with an official press release - get this back on Wired, Coindesk, etc etc
Sleepyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:40:03 AM

[...]
I'm very concerned.

China, Iran, Pakistan, Russia, some african countries, most of arab countries like Siria, Egipt, etc.. there are a lot of countries which are not regular democracies like US and EU. Every day journalists and freedom fighters are killed all around the world.

DRKTor can offer a great service for a lot of people who need to protect against corrupt and dictatorship regimes.

The majority of the world is run by people who take a dim view of anyone challenging their authority. They have fought very hard and probably killed lots of people to be in charge of things and are not about to give that up so some ‘peasants’ can wield a ballot paper.

Source: http://sandysviews.com/2012/03/19/conflict-is-eternal/

Would be great to eventually brand and name it something that promotes these aspects of its use.  I love Tor and its capabilities, just hate the word Tor as it has been smeared in the mainstream. But makes sense to call it DarkTor in the present stages as it easily explains what it is.

Trade crypto? Check out Quatloo Trader - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711966.0
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:40:29 AM

Long Live Darkcoin!  Grin

-onetime

For some reason this reminded me of an early internet webpage. With hundreds of gifs of flames up and down the sides and klaxon alarms spinning around.

Sleepyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:40:46 AM

Agreed

The Darkcoin team needs to spam the world with an official press release - get this back on Wired, Coindesk, etc etc

I think they're sticking to the plan of doing exactly that after RC5. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Trade crypto? Check out Quatloo Trader - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711966.0
stealth923
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:40:52 AM

Would be great to eventually brand and name it something that promotes these aspects of its use.  I love Tor and its capabilities, just hate the word Tor as it has been smeared in the mainstream. But makes sense to call it DarkTor in the present stages as it easily explains what it is.

Could call it DarkMesh or something similar so its not "Tor"
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:43:50 AM

Agreed

I think they're sticking to the plan of doing exactly that after RC5. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep I believe that is the plan.

RC5 >>> Open source >>> Press >>> DarkTor

I think IP obfuscation is somewhere between RC5 and open source, or it might be in RC5, not sure.

DarkTor would start after open source so many people can help perfect the code. At least that's what I inferred, could be wrong.

Pages: « 1 ... 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 [2770] 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 2782 2783 2784 2785 2786 2787 2788 2789 2790 2791 2792 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: