Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:37:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
Rich1970

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:45:30 PM

NEM, the first cryptocurrency sent using a smartwatch.

A future headline? I just read that Google has come out with Android Wear, a Android operating system for smartwatches. Smartphones, smartwatches and smart wearables are the future. The wallet can be unlocked with its internal password safe or with facial recognition (PCA, Eigenface, neural net) or with a NFC ring. The camera will read the NEM address from a QR code and the amount can be entered through its touchscreen keyboard (10-key, minuum.com etc... ).

Is it difficult to get a basic NEM wallet running on a smartwatch?

LOL who owns a smartwatch?!

Currently, not that many.
http://userupload.gurufocus.com/831372561.jpg

It will grow with time.

http://c2.bgr.com/2013/09/smartwatch-shipments.png

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/5220ece6eab8ea081c8b4578-620-/smartwatch.png
conbos

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:54:13 PM

well don't be pissed, there is nothing to be pissed about.

We must realise, there is nothing to gain if we support a "myCoin vs theOthercoin" attitude.
We must realise, all coins are tools that transfer wealth. Our wealth.

No coin is at war with any other coin. All coins out there are tools in our toolbags, we should use them wisely.
The moment we start taking sides, is the very moment we are losing the game.

All these coins will not be successful, and the ones that will succeed will do so because they will have a strong community, that will be willing to
place trust (with its financial meaning) on that coin.

There are only a handful of people in these boards that invest in only one coin, nobody should do this.
Diversification and patience are key words, keep that in mind.

Personally, I am waiting for the day when BTC1 = $10.000  Grin
But if Nxt, Nem, or a few other choices take me there, i will not say no. I find most of the coins here to be complimentary to each other.

I agree...
The good old "where is the value" problem.
All these coins at the end will succed when we can transfer value/wealth from real things at the same way we are doing with fiat currencies. What I like from NEM is that this concept is very much in mind of the developers and (some) stakeholders.
Btw, I'm back in town  Smiley

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:07:33 AM

We must realise, there is nothing to gain if we support a "myCoin vs theOthercoin" attitude.

No coin is at war with any other coin. All coins out there are tools in our toolbags, we should use them wisely.

All these coins will not be successful, and the ones that will succeed will do so because they will have a strong community, that will be willing to

There are only a handful of people in these boards that invest in only one coin, nobody should do this.

But if Nxt, Nem, or a few other choices take me there, i will not say no. I find most of the coins here to be complimentary to each other.

I agree...
All these coins at the end will succed when we can transfer value/wealth from real things at the same way we are doing with fiat currencies. What I like from NEM is that this concept is very much in mind of the developers and (some) stakeholders.
Btw, I'm back in town  Smiley

Personally I believe any crypto (Even NEM/NXT) are destined to fail unless they get their "foot through the dark door" into the deep web, and yes, this means blackmarket trade. Bitcoin (and crypto's in general) pretty much enable it with their more anonymous nature.

This is the primary thing that keeps bitcoin afloat and gives it such a high value. That high value gets the attention of more "legit" shops who then later adopt it in the more mainstream markets. (In part thanks to mainstream media)

Fact is, unless a coin gets into the black markets, odds are they won't get anywhere - especially when there's so much competition in the crypto world and most coins are competing at a very similar level. With Bitcoin leagues ahead of everything (due to reasons i've already stated).
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:19:14 AM

Personally I believe any crypto (Even NEM/NXT) are destined to fail unless they get their "foot through the dark door" into the deep web, and yes, this may also mean blackmarket trade.

This is the primary thing that keeps bitcoin afloat and gives it such a high value. That high value gets the attention of more "legit" shops who then later adopt it.

Half of what you say, contradict the other half.
First off, any unregulated market is, in essence, a black market. So, guess what, not many exchanges are based in regulated territories.

Second, it is not the black market that gives bitcoin its value. The value comes from the userbase trusting this particular tool, for its merits over other tools.

Third, any currency that has value, gains this value because of the respective userbase. This is foundamental.
The more people stand behind a currency as a unit of wealth, the more power that particular currency gains.
Markets are relentless about this and do not forgive.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
Coinsy

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:14:42 AM

As I said in the past, the fund raising period  was more like a "call for participation" or if you take an investor's POV, the fee sent in is more like a reservation fee. As it is written in the disclaimer "No contractual promise is made to anyone" and it is indeed the case until the Development Contract Announcement.

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Are you saying we may have to pay an additional amount for our stake, and we don't really own anything at this point?
dbgirl

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:05:17 AM

Two upcoming conferences in California that may be of interest.

CoinSummit
March 25-26, 2014
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, San Francisco, CA
www.coinsumm.it
Over 50 speakers. Looks really good.

Internet of Things Developers Conference and Multicore Developers Conference.
May 7-8, 2014
Hyatt Regency, Santa Clara, CA
www.iot-devcon.com
Free admission for qualified attendees.

Let's plan on having a NEM speaker at the next CoinSummit.
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:11:01 AM

As I said in the past, the fund raising period  was more like a "call for participation" or if you take an investor's POV, the fee sent in is more like a reservation fee. As it is written in the disclaimer "No contractual promise is made to anyone" and it is indeed the case until the Development Contract Announcement.

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Are you saying we may have to pay an additional amount for our stake, and we don't really own anything at this point?

No, what he meant was basically that you will get your stake, but if they find out that you have for example 20 sock puppets accounts, or any other shady things that doesn't fit the rules at the time you bought your stake, he can refund you.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:04:56 AM

I agree...
Btw, I'm back in town  Smiley

Personally I believe any crypto (Even NEM/NXT) are destined to fail unless they get their "foot through the dark door" into the deep web, and yes, this means blackmarket trade. Bitcoin (and crypto's in general) pretty much enable it with their more anonymous nature.

This is the primary thing that keeps bitcoin afloat and gives it such a high value. That high value gets the attention of more "legit" shops who then later adopt it in the more mainstream markets. (In part thanks to mainstream media)

Fact is, unless a coin gets into the black markets, odds are they won't get anywhere - especially when there's so much competition in the crypto world and most coins are competing at a very similar level. With Bitcoin leagues ahead of everything (due to reasons i've already stated).
That's imho so wrong I can't even start to express how wrong that feels to me. I'll just point out a few things that I believe to be true.

Bitcoin is in no way anonymous. Everyone has to go through a lengthy process that includes tor, vpns and multiple mixins to have REALLY ANONYMOUS bitcoins. (This ones actually not my opinion - it's fact.)

All the blackmarket crap has surely attracted many people but has it helped BTC as much as all the other stuff like ATMs an other things that happend in the physical world ?

The "deep web" is a hyped term that's just bs.

Regarding coins being at "war". I think all the crapcoins that are mere copies of BTC, LTC, NVC and PPC are bad for cryptos. With so many cryptos out there people get confused and rather stay away from cryptos alltogether.

patmast3r

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:10:55 AM

Nope - That's not what he is saying at all. What he's saying (UP plz correct me if I'm wrong) is that NEM is supposed to be a movement. An ideal stakehodler is someone that doesn't just sit on his NEM. Stakeholders are supposed to do as much as they can to help NEM. Talk to merchants, promote, develop etc. etc.
If you tried to play that movement you'll be refunded at get nothing.

Allthough it's true that you don't own any NEMs right now. Noone does because they don't exist yet Wink

j23a

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:33:23 AM

All the altcoins are kind of turning me off to cryptos. I mean, last week there were 22 coins launched in six days, and so far 15 for this week. (Look at the calendar for last week http://www.altcoincalendar.info/calendar) Nothing new, all design to make the developers some quick cash. The only innovations are the names, and a story or gimmick behind the coin.

For example, off the top my head, I'll come up with a name for a coin, and a story behind it.

DiabetesCoin. DiabetesCoin is meant to help the millions of people in the world who suffer from diabetes. This coin will make it easier for them to purchase medicine, etc, etc, etc.

Or like this coin named HooliganPound, (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512033.0) designed to make the crypto world better by kicking out all the other shit coins.

I mean. That's why I think it might be a little better if we don't release the source code for Nem until it secures features and services. (For example, maybe a subcription website that only accepts Nem.) If only there was some way for people to trust that the people behind Nem are not up to no good. But that's just my little opinion. This post is mainly complaining about all these new alt coins.

One more point. I mined an alt coin and sent it to cryptsy the other day. And I was absolutely shocked when by chance I looked at my balance page two minutes later and the coin had already posted. It felt like an extremely convenient moment. So even though this was a shit coin, it felt a hundred times more convenient than Bitcoin, which takes an eternity to post.

So even though this shit coin just felt better than Bitcoin, Bitcoin is solidly at the top, and won't go anywhere anytime soon, because it's established with so much services behind it. So do consider holding back on releasing the source code for Nem, before making a good effort in establishing it. Else the clones might make it just another coin.

chihao87

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:10:01 AM

All the altcoins are kind of turning me off to cryptos. I mean, last week there were 22 coins launched in six days, and so far 15 for this week. (Look at the calendar for last week http://www.altcoincalendar.info/calendar) Nothing new, all design to make the developers some quick cash. The only innovations are the names, and a story or gimmick behind the coin.

For example, off the top my head, I'll come up with a name for a coin, and a story behind it.

DiabetesCoin. DiabetesCoin is meant to help the millions of people in the world who suffer from diabetes. This coin will make it easier for them to purchase medicine, etc, etc, etc.

Or like this coin named HooliganPound, (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512033.0) designed to make the crypto world better by kicking out all the other shit coins.

I mean. That's why I think it might be a little better if we don't release the source code for Nem until it secures features and services. (For example, maybe a subcription website that only accepts Nem.) If only there was some way for people to trust that the people behind Nem are not up to no good. But that's just my little opinion. This post is mainly complaining about all these new alt coins.

One more point. I mined an alt coin and sent it to cryptsy the other day. And I was absolutely shocked when by chance I looked at my balance page two minutes later and the coin had already posted. It felt like an extremely convenient moment. So even though this was a shit coin, it felt a hundred times more convenient than Bitcoin, which takes an eternity to post.

So even though this shit coin just felt better than Bitcoin, Bitcoin is solidly at the top, and won't go anywhere anytime soon, because it's established with so much services behind it. So do consider holding back on releasing the source code for Nem, before making a good effort in establishing it. Else the clones might make it just another coin.

All those coins are trash, I wont buy any. NEM is unique with the most of individuals support, great Devs and many new functions. It should be a very successful coin.
conbos

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:28:49 AM

The new "mode" on crypto coins
Create a crap coin, connect it with some city or country (SpainCoin, Auroracoin), premine some coins for your target and launch it!

One last example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=518669.0;topicseen

imo, this is though to create the illusion of distribution and a potential market to use it. That's what I am confident in NEM.

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
j23a

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:03:23 AM

All those coins are trash, I wont buy any. NEM is unique with the most of individuals support, great Devs and many new functions. It should be a very successful coin.

Nems uniqueness is not going to help it when it comes to people who have never heard of any other coin besides Bitcoin.

patmast3r

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:08:22 AM

Nems uniqueness is not going to help it when it comes to people who have never heard of any other coin besides Bitcoin.

People who haven't heard of any coins except Bitcoin are probably not going to be a problem. if NEM is the second thing they hear about and it's better than BTC (hard to deny that imho) then they'll like NEM Smiley

j23a

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:09:02 AM

The new "mode" on crypto coins
Create a crap coin, connect it with some city or country (SpainCoin, Auroracoin), premine some coins for your target and launch it!

One last example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=518669.0;topicseen

imo, this is though to create the illusion of distribution and a potential market to use it. That's what I am confident in NEM.

Good example right there. Someone creates a coin with the source that's used by hundreds of other coins. This coin works just like those hundreds of other coins, and could have an infinite amount of names to choose from. The developer decides to name it HongKongcoin, and now it has an insane hash rate because even though it has nothing to do with Hong Kong the country, the developer named it KongKongcoin.

j23a

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:16:22 AM

People who haven't heard of any coins except Bitcoin are probably not going to be a problem. if NEM is the second thing they hear about and it's better than BTC (hard to deny that imho) then they'll like NEM Smiley

The problem is that by the time they hear about Nem it might not be unique anymore, due to all the Nem clones using Nems source code. Bitcoin had years to establish itself before people started creating alt coins, and I think it would be good not to release the source code and build trust another way, before get rich quick developers start using its source and continuing this mess that crypto is becoming.

ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:35:12 AM

NEM will succeed because its trying to create a currency that has use upon its launch and a good community of people backing it. However I feel we as a community still need to be more active in helping NEM create a ecosystem for it to flourish.

I urge all stakeholders to be more active and join NEM promotion board in trello and think of ways to help NEM become useful as a currency, to think of ways to promote awareness of NEM and participate in NEM initiatives.

Please dont expect the value of NEM to rise without any effort on our part, just think how good it will feel if you played a part in creating NEM when  it turns into a huge success.
my view as a humble stakeholder.  Smiley
jluhxd

Activity: 142

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:33:12 AM

NEM will succeed because its trying to create a currency that has use upon its launch and a good community of people backing it. However I feel we as a community still need to be more active in helping NEM create a ecosystem for it to flourish.

I urge all stakeholders to be more active and join NEM promotion board in trello and think of ways to help NEM become useful as a currency, to think of ways to promote awareness of NEM and participate in NEM initiatives.

Please dont expect the value of NEM to rise without any effort on our part, just think how good it will feel if you played a part in creating NEM when  it turns into a huge success.
+1  Cheesy
I support
nine009

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 01:58:49 PM

+1  Cheesy
I support

That's true ! i agree
Simakki

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 02:53:37 PM

I was thinking how we could exploit better that NEM community.  I came up with idea similar than ongoing logo competition, but instead logos people can contribute to community via making different kind of marketing tasks. Ads, banners, t-shirt design etc. And only the best ideas will be granted somehow.

I'm pretty sure that people will come with great ideas and in any case, whether these materials will ever used, it will rise awareness about NEM.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: