Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:30:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:21:36 AM

No chance of catching people who are actually supportive and useful to our cause.

Lol. Very true.   Although I no longer can understand what the "cause" is.  Remember when it used to be "No Envy Movement"?  In the greatest of ironies it almost seems like it should be MEM instead.  I hope this really hasn't been 100+ pages of people still going on about the sock puppets.  That guy saying he has 90 accounts.  Why would he even try to sell them so cheaply?  I don't really care except it allows people with sockpuppets to dump on markets and screw up prices... otherwise it is just pure envy.  Maybe PEM ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:22:19 AM

This is what I just read from the original thread, part 1.

"A total of 4 billion NEM will be distributed equally to all adopters. That means every stakeholder will have an equal and fair share of NEM when NEM blockchain officially starts. Then you can sell- buy NEM freely and let the market forces determine the price.

One Bitcointalk account is entitled one stake spot. If you send more than the required amount at one time or multiple times, we will consider it a donation to NEM. "

That doesn't sound like having sock puppet accounts is encouraged, but this is why I say people like you want to catch Utopianfuture on a technicality, because he didn't write a 30 page page note detailing in every way possible that sock puppet accounts are not allowed. It was something understood by anyone reading that on day one, except for the kinds of people who look for technicalities in order to sue other out of thousands and sometimes millions of dollars. The victims who play the victim card.
I'm in total agreement, the message is clear and is just simply common sense, which seems to be on short supply more often than not!

He's basically just a self focused person who is thinking that everyone is being completely unfair because they're telling him that he can't grab most of the toys for himself.

I mean the adults have much bigger things to worry about regarding Nem, but he insists on trying to convince people that he deserves more than everybody else, and that we all must feel that way and drop everything.

If things were the way he demands, then why didn't Utopianfuture not just make it so that a person could buy an unlimited number of Nems, from one account? If a person wanted 20,000,000 Nems, then just pay the asking price per Nem. It would certainly have made life easier for himself, by not having to keep track of 3,000.

But he wants to insist that he's a victim by saying that even though it's what was implied and obvious by anyone with common sense that they were trying to give one stake per person.

I am not affected by any of this personally as I only registered one stake before payments were necessary, so your personal remarks against me are incorrect.

I'm just disheartened by all the effort that's gone into hunting sockpuppets, and as a neutral observer I think it's obvious what the correct interpretation should be based on the sequence of events.

Before January 29 multiple accounts were within the rules.

After January 29 they were not within the rules.

Today a guy made a post offering to sell some of his multiple stakes and people automatically attacked him. If he registered those stakes before January 29 those attacks are not fair.

Today I got sick of the spin and said something, and so I get attacked by NEM stooges. Predictable, but still frustrating.

Ok,

Its late and ill bite lol

So youre requesting that UP change the fairness description in the OP

Is that it?

Of course you dont lol

Your just upset that you are a victim of people responding to your silly posts

Ok sorry I get it now

We will leave you alone and let you make silly posts all night and not say a thing so you dont feel attacked

Lol  Roll Eyes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
dgex_victim

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:28:47 AM

This is what I just read from the original thread, part 1.

"A total of 4 billion NEM will be distributed equally to all adopters. That means every stakeholder will have an equal and fair share of NEM when NEM blockchain officially starts. Then you can sell- buy NEM freely and let the market forces determine the price.

One Bitcointalk account is entitled one stake spot. If you send more than the required amount at one time or multiple times, we will consider it a donation to NEM. "

That doesn't sound like having sock puppet accounts is encouraged, but this is why I say people like you want to catch Utopianfuture on a technicality, because he didn't write a 30 page page note detailing in every way possible that sock puppet accounts are not allowed. It was something understood by anyone reading that on day one, except for the kinds of people who look for technicalities in order to sue other out of thousands and sometimes millions of dollars. The victims who play the victim card.
I'm in total agreement, the message is clear and is just simply common sense, which seems to be on short supply more often than not!

He's basically just a self focused person who is thinking that everyone is being completely unfair because they're telling him that he can't grab most of the toys for himself.

I mean the adults have much bigger things to worry about regarding Nem, but he insists on trying to convince people that he deserves more than everybody else, and that we all must feel that way and drop everything.

If things were the way he demands, then why didn't Utopianfuture not just make it so that a person could buy an unlimited number of Nems, from one account? If a person wanted 20,000,000 Nems, then just pay the asking price per Nem. It would certainly have made life easier for himself, by not having to keep track of 3,000.

But he wants to insist that he's a victim by saying that even though it's what was implied and obvious by anyone with common sense that they were trying to give one stake per person.

I am not affected by any of this personally as I only registered one stake before payments were necessary, so your personal remarks against me are incorrect.

I'm just disheartened by all the effort that's gone into hunting sockpuppets, and as a neutral observer I think it's obvious what the correct interpretation should be based on the sequence of events.

Before January 29 multiple accounts were within the rules.

After January 29 they were not within the rules.

Today a guy made a post offering to sell some of his multiple stakes and people automatically attacked him. If he registered those stakes before January 29 those attacks are not fair.

Today I got sick of the spin and said something, and so I get attacked by NEM stooges. Predictable, but still frustrating.

Ok,

Its late and ill bite lol

So youre requesting that UP change the fairness description in the OP

Is that it?

Of course you dont lol

Your just upset that you are a victim of people responding to your silly posts

Ok sorry I get it now

We will leave you alone and let you make silly posts all night and not say a thing so you dont feel attacked

Lol  Roll Eyes

No, I'm disappointed that a seemingly smart honourable guy like utopianfuture went off half-cocked without proper planning and has damaged an otherwise decent idea.

The smell from the guy selling 90 sockpuppet NEM accounts will linger. It didn't have to be this way.

edit: also, I don't want utopianfuture to do anything. I'm just calling a spade a spade
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:35:04 AM

Ok.

Youre upset that UP had a great idea but ruined it.

Yes we are all very distraught about this too as you can see. Ha ha

We are all here trying to figure out how to make his great idea great again. (Omg)

THIS IS A VERY BIG PROBLEM. Roll Eyes

WHAT SHOULD WE DO ABOUT THIS?? Grin

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Man I can believe this. Thanks for pointing that out.

Silly as hell

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:35:49 AM

I don't care what date the guy got his sockpuppets in at. Screw him.
amdfxman1701

Activity: 367

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:44:52 AM

I don't care what date the guy got his sockpuppets in at. Screw him.

Seriously, sockpuppets are more likely to be the uber dumpers. Enough with that noise.

█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
R  E  P  U  B  L  I  A
PRE-SALE :  23.08 - 23.09
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
   █
   █
Highly Efficient Technology
Secure & Transparent
Full Democracy
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
dgex_victim

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:48:56 AM

Ok.

Youre upset that UP had a great idea but ruined it.

Yes we are all very distraught about this too as you can see.

We are all here trying to figure out how to make his great idea great again

THIS IS A VERY BIG PROBLEM.

WHAT SHOULD WE DO ABOUT THIS?? Grin

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No, NEM is not ruined, and I believe it will be ok in the end.

What should we do about this? Well, utopianfuture can surround himself with sarcastic  'yes men' who tell him everything he has done is fantastic, or he can listen to opinions from open minded people following NEM's progress who may give him feedback that helps him, even if he doesn't like it.

The sockpuppet issue is not the point. The real issue is credibility & honesty, and the damage retrospective changes & 'spin' can do to the reputation of NEM. Obviously not in this thread where utopianfuture has people to 'attack' on his behalf, but out in the market place. Nobody has addressed the substantive issue I have raised. The sequence of events and what rules were changed, and what posts were changed is a fact, and because you can't argue against that you get personal.

I don't care, but it's a shame. Outside of this thread how will this all appear?

j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:57:56 AM

I can't help but to bite also.

Let see, the biggest complaint with NXT is the fact that only 70 people got to divide NXT between themselves. Many don't want to touch NXT because of that.

So how would it look the outside world when they find out that the Nem team is working hard to prevent sock puppets?

You're right, people are going to be outraged and not even consider Nem.

Obviously the guy is seriously trolling, unless he has a screw loose. So that's it. I won't respond anymore.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
nextlevelnem

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:00:58 AM

I've visited here every couple weeks to see how much closer we are to getting a wallet released.  I thought that having a third wallet to go along is my Dogecoin and BTC would be cool. Now I am seeing that if I don't actively login and post anything I might lose out on my investment. So let down.
j23a

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:08:14 AM

I've visited here every couple weeks to see how much closer we are to getting a wallet released.  I thought that having a third wallet to go along is my Dogecoin and BTC would be cool. Now I am seeing that if I don't actively login and post anything I might lose out on my investment. So let down.
Where are you seeing that?

(I'm hoping you're not one of the victim's sock puppet accounts trying to spread FUD.)

nextlevelnem

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:11:00 AM

Where are you seeing that?

Utopianfuture just said he was going to decide sock puppets by activity and since this account is not active and I do not directly post with bitcointalk then I would likely lose my investment?  what am I not understanding?
mazide

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:52:14 AM

I hate those who have more than one share!
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:03:39 AM

Look NEM in essence is about equal distribution of wealth to all stakeholders, do you honestly think UP ever intended for people to have multiple stakes even in the beginning Huh I think not.  You are basically saying dont correct a mistake even when we all know it is a mistake due to some minor technicality.

A good audit will only enhance the reputation of NEM, whatever u think.  Calling UP dishonest is very harsh, he is trying to give every one an equal opportunity, I don't think u will find many people opposing that.

That person who claims to have 90 stakes, if you support him on a mere technicality, when he even admits to gaming the system blatantly then u are either crazy or a robot without the capability of using judgment.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:16:55 AM

I also have to stress that i think the key isn't in just distribution or the fear of dumping, but also in making sure we have ACTIVE stakeholders who are prepared to donate a portion of their NEM to community promotions and other initiatives.

This is the big problem with NXT right now. In order for the idea to succeed in such a competitive market, it'll take community effort to make NEM stand out. This also means, imo, getting NEM to have some presence on the deep web as well as more legit retailers.

I will be donating NEM for a forging system that runs on the Raspberry Pi, waiting for some NEM and waiting for that RPi bounty to be listed.

Funfact: NEM will probably note use the term forging as it is connected to POS and NXT. If you read some of my posts I already used the word foraging (i guess people thought it's a typo) Smiley
Not sure this is final though but I like it.

ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:17:44 AM

I also have to stress that i think the key isn't in just distribution or the fear of dumping, but also in making sure we have ACTIVE stakeholders who are prepared to donate a portion of their NEM to community promotions and other initiatives.

This is the big problem with NXT right now. In order for the idea to succeed in such a competitive market, it'll take community effort to make NEM stand out. This also means, imo, getting NEM to have some presence on the deep web as well as more legit retailers.

I will be donating NEM for a forging system that runs on the Raspberry Pi, waiting for some NEM and waiting for that RPi bounty to be listed.

Funfact: NEM will probably note use the term forging as it is connected to POS and NXT. If you read some of my posts I already used the word foraging (i guess people thought it's a typo) Smiley
Not sure this is final though but I like it.

Good. I always thought that term sounded shady anyway.
patmast3r

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:23:41 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 06:36:18 AM by patmast3r

I sometimes visit this thread but there hadn't been much lately.. was never much new cept logos.  I was a lot more active early on.  I gave some advice early on, showed utopianfuture how to save a full thread at once to check for people who might try to change their post in an illegal manner.  I come back 100+ pages later and it seems like the same argument.   Frankly it is a bit sad to me.  You guys were talking about wanting from people out of the crypto world joining, now you seem to want to banish them if they haven't been actively posting on their account they had to get to sign up on.  I was messing with NXT but I was a bit disheartened by some recent occurrings and come over here to see how NEM is coming along.  I wish I could say I feel better  Unfortunately it is more of the same...  

Yes you're going to get a lot socket puppets weeded out..  I wonder though, is it worth it to get rid of 10 socket puppets from 1 guy if it means catching 2 legitimate people that were told by their buddy to sign up ?

I encourage you to come more often again and to look at the trello board. Honestly your timing is dreadfull as this new round of discussing socks just came up yesterday. Until then it wasn't like that anymore Smiley

patmast3r

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:35:55 AM

@dgex_victim (no quotes because that would fill a page Smiley)

UP plz correct me if I'm wrong here. I might have missed a few things earlier on in the registration process...

I wan't to give my perspective on the matter as well because I wasn't involved when NEM started but I am now especially with the taint analysis and the stakeholderlist.
First I want to say to so far NOONE has been kicked from the list because of sockpuppeting. That's what the audition is for which is still ongoing but I think it'll be finished by next week.
I also want to point out that noone will be kicked willy-nilly. Every one will  be given time to make their case. Additional to that we're only weeding out people with more than 5 stakes which is imho already generous. Also we're only refunding additional stakes. This means that people are not even being kicked out of the movement they just get their money back for additional stakes and receive only one stake (plus the sockpuppets we didn't find Smiley) so I don't think we're stopped attracting newbies by kicking out sockpuppets.
I can't comment on the retrospective part because I was under the impression that the disclaimer about the dev team to refund if they feel someone is being unfair has been there from day one.
All in all I think the process is very fair. It has absolutely not been ideal and some people may get out of it with a bad feeling but in the end we're going to have a community where everyone has relatively the same amount of NEM and that was the goal. Rule changes or not that's what matters imho.

If you'd like to discuss this further I think we might wan't to move it somewhere else since this thread is currently still the main source for updates and it turns people off. We can totally keep it public I just think this thread might not be the right place anymore.

Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:05:04 AM

I want to say that not everyone who isn't active is sock puppet. I asked a friend to join and paid for her. She never posted anything here after that, but with 11K twitter followers and a website and top 50 c4s store (that is clips4sale) anyone can confirm she isn't me Smiley

She has coinbase account and (minor) understanding of crypto, but she can be asset in promoting the coin once she understands Nem is real project and worth something.

Just making sure you guys consider that not everyone inactive is a sock puppet.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
patmast3r

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:22:49 AM

I want to say that not everyone who isn't active is sock puppet. I asked a friend to join and paid for her. She never posted anything here after that, but with 11K twitter followers and a website and top 50 c4s store (that is clips4sale) anyone can confirm she isn't me Smiley

She has coinbase account and (minor) understanding of crypto, but she can be asset in promoting the coin once she understands Nem is real project and worth something.

Inactivity isn't even being checked unless an account turns up during taint analysis. Good to know we have a minor celebrity around Smiley

j23a

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:28:56 AM

What's her Twitter address?

Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: