Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:58:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879149 times)
xiaotang

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:32:53 PM

I think they are human guild from China and they are organized very well.

one map one dream.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:25:52 PM

BGB bots make me Zero income (30+ teams) those few days

Not any action to central but always loot player(2~3 coins above) who are still insist to human mine

I'm not kidding. But is/are snailbrain or BGB or some devs are compromised by the central ppl? I smell some conspiracy in other community and feel so disappointed atm.

nope.. no conspiracy.

Central people seem to post on the huntercoin forum.

would be good if they donated to the huntercoin development fund Smiley

redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:42:59 PM

Cryptsy has been asked why they haven't put Huntercoin up yet, they said it it was technical problems with the deamon early on.  Has that been fixed?  If so let them know?

https://twitter.com/Bit_John/status/458048981214699520

Edit: one more question, I'd like to download the client.  Where is the link to download the blockchain?  Where do I put the blockchain file after downloading?  Thanks.
BGB_HUC

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:20:21 PM

bgb!!!bad person

Seems like I am the one that gets picked on the most. I do have some aggressive bots in the game, but I think there are a lot more other aggressive players/bots out there. Here are some thoughts:

- I have about 300 aggressive bot teams in the game. This is only 2% of all the teams. If you are continually picked off by the BGB bots, then you are simply unlucky.
- There are many imposters out there with BGB in their names. I can't help that, so maybe you are seeing some of those.

Recently it seems the game has become more aggressive. I have noticed bots/players lining up teams, then using an opposing color to clean out a coin area, then using their line of guys to pick up all the coins.  I have deployed some bot protectors in a few coin areas to help (so not all BGB are bad). I am surprised these aggressive tactics haven't been complained about as they seem harsher than my paired hunters targeting one player at a time.

Of course not to mention the players controlling the center areas of the map. If you don't like it do something about it! I dumped 1000 HUCs at the red spawn last week. I missed calculated the attack zone I setup and the attack failed. It took like 10-12 hours for the whole thing to happen and I wasn't able to be online to make adjustments when I needed to.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:15:10 PM

Cryptsy has been asked why they haven't put Huntercoin up yet, they said it it was technical problems with the deamon early on.  Has that been fixed?  If so let them know?

Edit: one more question, I'd like to download the client.  Where is the link to download the blockchain?  Where do I put the blockchain file after downloading?  Thanks.

I've already sent a message (once a week)

no reply..
there are no technical problems except:
slow chain download... once downloaded it will be fine.
should limit max connections to 10 or something.. -maxconnetions=10 to reduce cpu/memory usage.

I will upload new block chain and ask them again when we release the next fees update.. maybe tomorrow.

They will add eventually.

---

check OP, has a link.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:20:26 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 07:51:04 PM by BayAreaCoins

Edit: one more question, I'd like to download the client.  Where is the link to download the blockchain?  Where do I put the blockchain file after downloading?  Thanks.

I've already sent a message (once a week)

no reply..
there are no technical problems except:
slow chain download... once downloaded it will be fine.
should limit max connections to 10 or something.. -maxconnetions=10 to reduce cpu/memory usage.

I will upload new block chain and ask them again when we release the next fees update.. maybe tomorrow.

They will add eventually.

---

check OP, has a link.

I've emailed them as well. Each time they tell me thank you for point out this new coin to them... lol argh

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:16:37 AM

nope.. no conspiracy.

Snailbrain was on the grassy knoll! Tongue Grin

MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:19:41 AM

Hi there,
I want to share some news and thought about my Huntercoin: Mithril Edition client

In few days i should be able to publish my playable client (it's a beta, but full playable).
I've though a lot about how to release it and I ended up with a client that could be extended with future upgrades and not only client side but even server side (I kept an eye for centralized future solution and other things i've in mind that would be very nice)

I'm telling this because i had to introduce two things:
- Account
- Fee

Account is needed to play the game, when snailbrain will release centralized version of the cryptogame, it could be merged/shared with official account system, meanwhile (don't know about snailbrain ETA), I'll use it for some ideas i have:

bot market:
I've a plan about implementing a BOT interface into the game, that will allow players to code their bots and command them and share their creation with others players, using a market system (bot code uploaded to a server and then sold

social:
using my account system, i would be able to implement an offchain chat where people could send message to other players, private messages too, having a buddy list, etc...

bounties: e.g. someone could ask for help performing an action, and could put a bounty for that and people interested could join the action and get a share of the bounty

ladder system: to actract players, a ladder system could be funny: (e.g. the user with most kills, death, loot, hearts collected, etc...) (not based on player in game, but grouped on account, just for fun

(some of this features will be available only after the centralized system come out)

Fee
crypto world is about currency, people want to have a chance to gain something with that, me too.
while other invest, trade, etc..., i focused on creating a service that could give value to the coin
this mean i didn't played at all this game (except 1st week) because i'm coding, testing, releasing, explaining my client, so the only income i could have is with a fee system, after all this client could help a lot and this would give you chance to gain more HUCs (and save some, since with multiwaypoint feature you could save tx)
It's hard to implement a charge system out of the blockchain, so i tried something and i'll explain how the client works and behave when i'll release it.
At the moment, i've implemented a daily based fee: with 2 hucs you have access to the client for 24 hours, in a simple way
this value could change before release and will change in time, based on interest/usage, anyway with current huc value compared to $, it's really cheap (less then 0.2$) but i don't want to talk about fiat currency
after testing this fee system, if i found it works fine, i'll setup a weekly and monthly plan too to save even more hucs

fee collected will be used to implement ideas mentioned above (and new one, you are free to suggest new ideas!)

Sorry for the long post, but i've invested so much time on this coin because i believe in the idea behind it, that I'll do my best to enhance the cryptogame experience and i need the support of the community to go on along this way

P.S.
i've updated my website and you can already register here:
http://www.mithrilman.com/Account/Register
so you'll be ready when the client will be released

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
sorji

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:31:57 AM

bgb!!!bad person

Seems like I am the one that gets picked on the most. I do have some aggressive bots in the game, but I think there are a lot more other aggressive players/bots out there. Here are some thoughts:

- I have about 300 aggressive bot teams in the game. This is only 2% of all the teams. If you are continually picked off by the BGB bots, then you are simply unlucky.
- There are many imposters out there with BGB in their names. I can't help that, so maybe you are seeing some of those.

Recently it seems the game has become more aggressive. I have noticed bots/players lining up teams, then using an opposing color to clean out a coin area, then using their line of guys to pick up all the coins.  I have deployed some bot protectors in a few coin areas to help (so not all BGB are bad). I am surprised these aggressive tactics haven't been complained about as they seem harsher than my paired hunters targeting one player at a time.

Of course not to mention the players controlling the center areas of the map. If you don't like it do something about it! I dumped 1000 HUCs at the red spawn last week. I missed calculated the attack zone I setup and the attack failed. It took like 10-12 hours for the whole thing to happen and I wasn't able to be online to make adjustments when I needed to.

-I'm the one who is unlucky. Honestly speaking,  it's hard for human miner to bring coin back right now.
-Sorry for misunderstanding your effect work to red base(Central). It's good strategy to attack with yellow and recover with your red bots.
Below is my input for last week attacking:
     1.  1000  team are almost close to attack down the red base
     2.  The red team is human control to defense(Chinese communities)
     3.  Most of the team are settle and killed on the way, the bots can set to self-destroy with setting like: 10 + reds around
I think a successful attack will make you profit
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 10:26:07 AM

-I'm the one who is unlucky. Honestly speaking,  it's hard for human miner to bring coin back right now.

during my recent tests with my client i was able to collect coins, trickying bots and taking advantage of bots destructions
just having a visual clue of where a bot is going and how much it will take, could help you planning a strategy to steal his income or to destruct it
visual clue helps even on understanding how bots are working, learning from their moves (know your enemy!)

you'll have a chance to test if yourself soon

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
sorji

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:43:00 AM

during my recent tests with my client i was able to collect coins, trickying bots and taking advantage of bots destructions
just having a visual clue of where a bot is going and how much it will take, could help you planning a strategy to steal his income or to destruct it
visual clue helps even on understanding how bots are working, learning from their moves (know your enemy!)

you'll have a chance to test if yourself soon

absolutely right,  MM client's visual clue help me a lot, appreciated!
I lost coin just simply sent the hunter to spawn area, not much time those days to take care of all my hunters

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:37:43 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 12:53:38 AM by snailbrain

New Update 1.00.07b
Startup Time Improvement
Added New RPC Call :- analyseutxo
Upgrade Open SSL (heartbleed fix) - will compile with it on windows using easywinbuilder.. on linux think you update dependency (will find out tomorrow).
Add Length Based Fee for Name_update. A 0.002 HUC fee will be taken per 100 characters (letters/numbers) of a name_update.
Fix Name_update crash when updating name of a dead player using daemon.

You should update before miners or you may get stuck tx.

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=37.0

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 01:37:48 AM

just to update things about my client: this is currently under test, if all it's fine it could be released tomorrow or the day after
i need even to write a guide about many stuff about the client (doh!)

anyway time has come!

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 02:14:21 AM

Great volume today! Cheesy:D

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:51:10 PM

I just realized that Huntercoin is the most privacy-centric coin in existence.

The game works as one giant mixer. (this wasn't even a design goal, right? Wink )
And a non aggressive bot like BGB's demo can convert coins into newly mined, pristine ones.
It's the perfect solution for anonymity while things like Zerocoin or Darkcoin will come up with imperfect solutions.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 06:06:07 PM

I just realized that Huntercoin is the most privacy-centric coin in existence.

The game works as one giant mixer. (this wasn't even a design goal, right? Wink )
And a non aggressive bot like BGB's demo can convert coins into newly mined, pristine ones.
It's the perfect solution for anonymity while things like Zerocoin or Darkcoin will come up with imperfect solutions.

Um ya it is pretty much the best thing since sliced bread Smiley

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 12:18:51 AM

i'm near to release the client
less then an hour

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 01:34:01 AM

Here comes the news!!!
Full Huntercoin: Mithril Edition (beta) Released!!!

http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/Download

For few days there will be no fee applied (thanks BayAreaCoins for his donation), so rush to get it now and report anything (features request or bugs or whatever!)

there are a lot of features and some are a little bit "hidden", I'd need to write down a guide but i'd prefer to spend time coding next features like bot programming and bot protection, so feel free to collaborate doing videos or "how to" for the community, huntercoin need help from everybody!
I'll link or publish your guides to the main site!

meanwhile i just want to state here some shortcuts (very handy).

CTRL+ H: hide all the interface (useful to see what happen behind floating windows)

Holding CTRL while having your own hunter selected and right clicking on a walkable tile, will add a waypoint to that destination, this way you can build up a complex path!!!
(Holding SHIFT + right mouse click compute a straight path instead)

if you want to track down an enemy path even when he moves, select him and click "Show Directions" on Target window (it's toggable so you can switch that setting)
(read the getting started guide on my site to have some help)

there is a lot to talk about but now i really don't have the strength to do so, need to sleep Smiley

Give me feedback, thanks

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 02:06:21 AM

Here comes the news!!!
Full Huntercoin: Mithril Edition (beta) Released!!!

http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/Download

For few days there will be no fee applied (thanks BayAreaCoins for his donation), so rush to get it now and report anything (features request or bugs or whatever!)

there are a lot of features and some are a little bit "hidden", I'd need to write down a guide but i'd prefer to spend time coding next features like bot programming and bot protection, so feel free to collaborate doing videos or "how to" for the community, huntercoin need help from everybody!
I'll link or publish your guides to the main site!

meanwhile i just want to state here some shortcuts (very handy).

CTRL+ H: hide all the interface (useful to see what happen behind floating windows)

Holding CTRL while having your own hunter selected and right clicking on a walkable tile, will add a waypoint to that destination, this way you can build up a complex path!!!
(Holding SHIFT + right mouse click compute a straight path instead)

if you want to track down an enemy path even when he moves, select him and click "Show Directions" on Target window (it's toggable so you can switch that setting)
(read the getting started guide on my site to have some help)

there is a lot to talk about but now i really don't have the strength to do so, need to sleep Smiley

Give me feedback, thanks

Please remember to be sure to put your address in your "how to" posts! If I like it I will be more than happy to donate!

redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:34:40 AM

i'm near to release the client
less then an hour

Sent you some BTC for your work.  Not much, cause I don't have much!
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: