Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:02:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Androids Tokens v2.0 [Proof of Stake]  (Read 115785 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:09:31 PM

me and my friends made the chain and i would gladly accept the fact that we had somehow broken it. BUT mullick also looked over my changes and approved them. I've pointed out that the chain is not checkpointed which in itself is an issue (not one i have caused mind you) so i am free from my responsability. I'm also not willing to have the coins im involved in attacked so for this reason theres nothing i can do

wtf? this is not at all funny. Who threatened you? don't give in to these guys. You are not only effecting zack with this you are actually messing with a lot of investors and miners who do support adt2.

What do you mean the chain is not checkpointed?

there is nothing funny about it. and no one has threatened me directly. however there are rumours of mudda + co threatening others involved in adt which i cannot risk. I have done what i was paid for and to a high standard as was confirmed by mullick and various other experienced coin creators (the team of people with me who made adt v2 have about 10+ coins in our pockets) and there are 0 hard checkpoints in the clients apart from the one protecting the premine. I understand there is the checkpointing server but it is useless when it loses connections which is why checkpoints need to be placed in the code yet this hasnt been done by zack or anyone else to date (im too busy with scifi-ex and cryptopools to do it out of the goodness of my heart im afraid)

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:15:24 PM

me and my friends made the chain and i would gladly accept the fact that we had somehow broken it. BUT mullick also looked over my changes and approved them. I've pointed out that the chain is not checkpointed which in itself is an issue (not one i have caused mind you) so i am free from my responsability. I'm also not willing to have the coins im involved in attacked so for this reason theres nothing i can do

wtf? this is not at all funny. Who threatened you? don't give in to these guys. You are not only effecting zack with this you are actually messing with a lot of investors and miners who do support adt2.

there is nothing funny about it. and no one has threatened me directly. however there are rumours of mudda + co threatening others involved in adt which i cannot risk. I have done what i was paid for and to a high standard as was confirmed by mullick and various other experienced coin creators (the team of people with me who made adt v2 have about 10+ coins in our pockets) and there are 0 hard checkpoints in the clients apart from the one protecting the premine. I understand there is the checkpointing server but it is useless when it loses connections which is why checkpoints need to be placed in the code yet this hasnt been done by zack or anyone else to date (im too busy with scifi-ex and cryptopools to do it out of the goodness of my heart im afraid)

why were checkpoints not put in the code? when did you tell zack this?

If muddafudda has not threatened you directly what makes you think he will?

Where is muddafudda?

I want to ask him directly.

1. was he behind this forking?
2. is he threatening adts community over some gripe he has with zack personally?

the fact he showed up right after it happened in this thread with "that's a shame" seems to make it look like he did do it.

Muddafudda answer the questions above and explain if you were involved with this why you consider costing other miners and investors of ADT time and money?

We need to see the end of this kind of dirty tactics.... If these people are too afraid to sort there problems out in person and rather hide behind their computers costing entire communities of people money this needs to see some collective action to stop this.

Running away afraid of these types is not the answer

If his answer is no to those, will you add checkpointing to the chain?  i don't see adt2 on his list of new scam coins to squash for some time. Also his dislike was know for zack back when you fixed it the first time? why the change of heart? 

why if you told zack this whilst making adt2 did it not take place at the time?

Are you saying you believe muddafudda will threaten you and your coins if you help the adt2 community?

I am very interested in hearing more about this.

How much did zack pay for this cgb clone, and how much more will it cost to have this fixed and the checkpointing added into the chain.

How was a pow+pos coin attacked in the first place.

Just because mullick looked over it and said the code was okay does not really mean it was okay... if we don't understand how this coin was attacked. CGB seems fine after all of this time? Are you saying CGB can be attacked in the same way?

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:34:26 PM

Where is muddafudda?

2. is he threatening adts community over some gripe he has with zack personally?

the fact he showed up right after it happened in this thread with "that's a shame" seems to make it look like he did do it.

Muddafudda answer the questions above and explain if you were involved with this why you consider costing other miners and investors of ADT time and money?

We need to see the end of this kind of dirty tactics.... If these people are too afraid to sort there problems out in person and rather hide behind their computers costing entire communities of people money this needs to see some collective action to stop this.

If his answer is no to those, will you add checkpointing to the chain?  i don't see adt2 on his list of new scam coins to squash for some time. Also his dislike was know for zack back when you fixed it the first time? why the change of heart? 

Are you saying you believe muddafudda will threaten you and your coins if you help the adt2 community?

How much did zack pay for this cgb clone, and how much more will it cost to have this fixed and the checkpointing added into the chain.

Just because mullick looked over it and said the code was okay does not really mean it was okay... if we don't understand how this coin was attacked. CGB seems fine after all of this time? Are you saying CGB can be attacked in the same way?

checkpointing was not added before due to the chain not exactly being long enough to add stake checkpoints. ill try and get round to adding some but i make no guarantees(free of charge though)
and i told zack yesterday when he asked me for help. and i believe cgb can be attacked like this yes

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:57:32 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 04:07:50 PM by cryptohunter

Where is muddafudda?

checkpointing was not added before due to the chain not exactly being long enough to add stake checkpoints. ill try and get round to adding some but i make no guarantees(free of charge though)
and i told zack yesterday when he asked me for help. and i believe cgb can be attacked like this yes

CGB can be attacked like this also? that is very worrying i will ask him now about this.

Well can the coin be recovered and these checkpoints added into the chain?  Is it long enough now? And if  you make no guarantees about doing it free of charge how much are you asking for in terms of BTC?

1/How much did you charge to clone cgb etc?

2/how much more to complete this, how big of a job is it?

3/Would the fact that there were no POW miners left on the POW chain allowed this attack to have happened? would leaving just a couple of rigs on it to keep blocks flowing have helped adt in this case.

Please be clear on all of these things so we can get this messed fixed for the entire community.

zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:00:15 PM

Where is muddafudda?

CGB can be attacked like this also? that is very worrying i will ask him now about this.

Well can the coin be recovered and these checkpoints added into the chain?  Is it long enough now? And if  you make no guarantees about doing it free of charge how much are you asking for in terms of BTC?

3/Would the fact that there were no POW miners left on the POW chain allowed this attack to have happened? would leaving just a couple of rigs on it to keep blocks flowing have helped adt in this case.

Please be clear on all of these things so we can get this messed fixed for the entire community.

5BTC to fix it > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471154.0 ( tried everything else and nobody was interested for anything less Sad )

the POW miners are not on the chain as the issues with forking keeps putting the minors on the wrong chain before all the forks I had a constant 2000kh

adding hard checkpoints is something that needs doing in the next update ( it is not likely that it caused any of the forks )

sorry I haven't been around the last couple days I have been spending time with family but I will be around a huge amount more after tomorrow Smiley

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:38:32 PM

Where is muddafudda?

5BTC to fix it > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471154.0 ( tried everything else and nobody was interested for anything less Sad )

the POW miners are not on the chain as the issues with forking keeps putting the minors on the wrong chain before all the forks I had a constant 2000kh

adding hard checkpoints is something that needs doing in the next update ( it is not likely that it caused any of the forks )

sorry I haven't been around the last couple days I have been spending time with family but I will be around a huge amount more after tomorrow Smiley

hmmm 5BTC to clone cgb sounds to be a lot. However considering this has been paid now.... there needs to be checkpoints added to the chain .

@ahmed bodi - how big of a job is this and what price are you saying it will be?  if i created something that got broken i would at least offer to fix it even if it was at a certain price point. I would not say i will perhaps look at it if you're lucky, this seems in poor character.

Also muddafudda or whatever has no business messing with adts community and innocent miners and investors. If he should contact you about this matter please let us know.

If he has some issue with zack, he needs to take it up with zack. This effects everyone who has mined or purchased adt.

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:47:38 PM

hmmm 5BTC to clone cgb sounds to be a lot. However considering this has been paid now.... there needs to be checkpoints added to the chain .

@ahmed bodi - how big of a job is this and what price are you saying it will be?  if i created something that got broken i would at least offer to fix it even if it was at a certain price point. I would not say i will perhaps look at it if you're lucky, this seems in poor character.

Also muddafudda or whatever has no business messing with adts community and innocent miners and investors. If he should contact you about this matter please let us know.

If he has some issue with zack, he needs to take it up with zack. This effects everyone who has mined or purchased adt.

I tried for over a month to get people to make the new blockchain but nobody was interested and i had offered other people a lot of money but there were no takers  everyone was demanding it was fixed ASAP so my only option was to put out a very big bounty ( most of the clone coins were made for less than .25btc each ) i hoped by paying good money that the job would be done properly and that it would cost me less in the future as it would have bn good from the start

it cost me over 10k usd of my own money to get the new chain to the point it is now

after spending that much money i still have people tell me i shouldn't be a dev and that i should have done more for ADT

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:53:05 PM

im not asking for a penny. i dont want a penny to do it. its something id be happy to do given i have the time however im too swamped down with work lately

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:35:50 PM

im not asking for a penny. i dont want a penny to do it. its something id be happy to do given i have the time however im too swamped down with work lately

what?

come on zack paid 5btc for this chain, surely you can offer some support in this?

Is this a big job or not? how many hours work would this require?

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:01:54 AM

i could offer support however like i said i have no time. CryptoPools and Scifi-Ex are taking all my time lately. Pile on top of that all the time college takes and then you see how much i actually have to deal with. Someone get me the proper block count as of this moment and ill see what i can do

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:09:03 AM

i could offer support however like i said i have no time. CryptoPools and Scifi-Ex are taking all my time lately. Pile on top of that all the time college takes and then you see how much i actually have to deal with. Someone get me the proper block count as of this moment and ill see what i can do

as far as I know its the longest chain with the most connections

the biggest issues that need solving are the ones that lets it mine blocks when its out of sync as it lets practically anyone deliberately fork it

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:17:54 AM

the biggest issues that need solving are the ones that lets it mine blocks when its out of sync as it lets practically anyone deliberately fork it

how can it be mined out of sync? does it generate blocks out of sync?

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:23:45 AM

if ADT is synced and mining then it loses connections it will carry on mining blocks and go off on its own chain Sad

also pos blocks will be made before the wallet even goes in sync causing a fork

those problems made it very easy for whoever it was to make a large amount of forks

i had no idea the issue was there until my wallet lost connections when i tripped over the internet wire and it carried on mining ( i deleted the chain before reconnecting the net so it didn't screw up the coin but when i reconnected and tried to download the chain i found the forks Sad )

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:26:09 AM

if ADT is synced and mining then it loses connections it will carry on mining blocks and go off on its own chain Sad

those problems made it very easy for whoever it was to make a large amount of forks

i had no idea the issue was there until my wallet lost connections when i tripped over the internet wire and it carried on mining ( i deleted the chain before reconnecting the net so it didn't screw up the coin but when i reconnected and tried to download the chain i found the forks Sad )

that is actually crazy, are people saying this is the case with CGB too? 

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:31:57 AM

I haven't seen anyone mention it before and I have been following CGB for a while now

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:35:16 AM

I haven't seen anyone mention it before and I have been following CGB for a while now

Exactly, elambert would have picked up on that for sure, i'm going to test it out now on their wallet.

If this bug is not there with cgb, this means the code was bugged up in the development stage and needs to get fixed and check points added as required.

We can't take the entire adt community through all of this again.

It is time to get this coin stable. I'm sure there are attempts to break all coins from competing coins so we need to get to the bottom of this issue.

I have cgb myself so this is more than worrying. I don't think this bug is in their coin.

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:49:12 AM

Exactly, elambert would have picked up on that for sure, i'm going to test it out now on their wallet.

If this bug is not there with cgb, this means the code was bugged up in the development stage and needs to get fixed and check points added as required.

We can't take the entire adt community through all of this again.

It is time to get this coin stable. I'm sure there are attempts to break all coins from competing coins so we need to get to the bottom of this issue.

I have cgb myself so this is more than worrying. I don't think this bug is in their coin.

it could be something so simple that its been overlooked

one of the issues that made the problem cause even more forks is the de sync issue and that could be something as simple as something else using the same port or someone cloning ADT and not changing over all the stuff making ADT see the unknown coins info ( that's something i am looking into )

coinbloke

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 01:42:11 AM

I have meanwhile messaged mudda to ask him some questions but no reply.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:41:20 AM

I would check out this thread as well https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=551861.0

Pow/pos analysis with low Pow reward
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:48:39 AM

did sunny not issue pos 0.3.0 POS protocol fix lately? are we running with that?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: