Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:20:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Androids Tokens v2.0 [Proof of Stake]  (Read 115738 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:55:56 PM

Think outside the box, there is much that can be done . You know if you do something truly innovative people are just gonna clone it. If you would like I could set up the Android tokens forums in a nicely structured way, I'd do it for $100.

This is the forum layout I used for the Colossuscoin forums http://107.170.4.50/index.php

Permissions set in a way in which guests can only post in the guest section with it being semi-restrictive

You could see the different permission levels by logging into the different member types and could adapt the layout for ADT

The member types are

Noob
Development
globalmod

Password for all is password

Namecoin and others use merge mining, there is also Proof of transaction, Devcoin uses mining to feed into a share release program for development. There is also auto checkpointing and auto update messaging, dark wave and Darksend. If you want to get further in, a % of fees can be re-routed into a managed fund for development, use of multi-signiture for security, passwords to send transactions, rolling blockchain to prune and keep at a consistently small size. You could use exchange apis to hook into the wallet for a decentralized exchange. You could even use destruction of coins within fees to feed back into Proof of stake to retarget for a fixed percent per year.

I know how to setup the forums I just haven't had the time to do it but it is on my list Smiley

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:59:03 PM

I don't think POW is a good idea.  It will just devalue the coin.  Just up the stake to 1% for every 15 days is a better approach.  The ideas is to encourage people to keep coins in there wallet and not for asic owners to mine and dump. 

-tb-

it needs some pow to get threw the times when there is no pos blocks in the future when there are plenty of pos blocks we can totally remove pow Smiley

also 1% / 15 days would be nearly 30% a year and the majority of the ADT holders that talk to me don't want it over 5% 

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:52:48 PM

Think outside the box, there is much that can be done . You know if you do something truly innovative people are just gonna clone it. If you would like I could set up the Android tokens forums in a nicely structured way, I'd do it for $100.

This is the forum layout I used for the Colossuscoin forums http://107.170.4.50/index.php

Permissions set in a way in which guests can only post in the guest section with it being semi-restrictive

You could see the different permission levels by logging into the different member types and could adapt the layout for ADT

The member types are

Noob
Development
globalmod

Password for all is password

Namecoin and others use merge mining, there is also Proof of transaction, Devcoin uses mining to feed into a share release program for development. There is also auto checkpointing and auto update messaging, dark wave and Darksend. If you want to get further in, a % of fees can be re-routed into a managed fund for development, use of multi-signiture for security, passwords to send transactions, rolling blockchain to prune and keep at a consistently small size. You could use exchange apis to hook into the wallet for a decentralized exchange. You could even use destruction of coins within fees to feed back into Proof of stake to retarget for a fixed percent per year.

I know how to setup the forums I just haven't had the time to do it but it is on my list Smiley

That's why I said I'll do it for $100, I could use the extra cash and you wouldn't have to worry about spelling errors lol
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:40:38 PM

I don't think POW is a good idea.  It will just devalue the coin.  Just up the stake to 1% for every 15 days is a better approach.  The ideas is to encourage people to keep coins in there wallet and not for asic owners to mine and dump. 

-tb-

it needs some pow to get threw the times when there is no pos blocks in the future when there are plenty of pos blocks we can totally remove pow Smiley

also 1% / 15 days would be nearly 30% a year and the majority of the ADT holders that talk to me don't want it over 5% 

Really there's 3 options here.

1) Reduce Staking Time and percentage so it is the current percentage but more frequently
2) Increase stake percentage and therefore inflation
3) Get PoW rolling again and get the chain secured that way.

If you guys dont choose a way, you're all going to be going round and round in circles and ADTv2 like i said will go nowhere.

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:10:53 PM

-tb-

Really there's 3 options here.

1) Reduce Staking Time and percentage so it is the current percentage but more frequently
2) Increase stake percentage and therefore inflation
3) Get PoW rolling again and get the chain secured that way.

If you guys dont choose a way, you're all going to be going round and round in circles and ADTv2 like i said will go nowhere.

1 > lowering the time would just make the problems even worse
2 > increasing the stake would make more people have there wallets open so that is a good option
3 > pow would just cause more issues than we already have if it was worth mining as we would have to deal with pools , multi pools and what not

anyone that holds ADT or has been a long term member of the ADT comunaty is welcome to pm me any ideas they have all the 1 post accounts that pm saying I should up the POS to over 300% are going to be ignored !

coinbloke

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:31:32 PM

I've been around since day 1. I opt for option 2. Just do it quickly:)
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:33:17 PM

To get ADT really going again it is going to take some effort from the ADT comunaty I need to know who is willing to help and in what ways

I will be redoing the ADT forum tonight Smiley

There will be votes and topics on what people want from ADT if you don't participate in this please don't complain about what happens !

I will be taking 1 month out from all my projects and my work to do this after the month I will spend every other day working on ADT  

I cannot do any more than that

portice
Legendary

Activity: 999

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:41:05 PM

Honestly, few people have put as much time and effort in a coin as you have, but there needs to be a point when you toss the towel in and admit failure.  Paying people numerous times to keep "fixing" things that keeps breaking is not helping the direction of the coin, basically people that can code are bleeding you, while I appreciate your effort and time that you put into this, there is a time to put a fork in a project and move on, no matter how vested you are.
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:57:09 PM

Honestly, few people have put as much time and effort in a coin as you have, but there needs to be a point when you toss the towel in and admit failure.  Paying people numerous times to keep "fixing" things that keeps breaking is not helping the direction of the coin, basically people that can code are bleeding you, while I appreciate your effort and time that you put into this, there is a time to put a fork in a project and move on, no matter how vested you are.

I told everyone that I will stick with this and I will do that

unfortunately I have no choice other than using those coders to do it as people don't want to hang around and wait for me to learn code !

The fact that I have a huge amount invested in ADT is irrelevant as I would look after it the same if I had £1 invested as I would if I had £1,000,000 invested

Failing is not an option I am going to take

cryptmebro

Activity: 786

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:58:17 PM

4.5 per year
fix blocks being generated not connected to the network
(add checkpointing? Though, I thought it already had it.)
phase out PoW
done.  
coinbloke

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:59:06 PM

yep
coinbloke

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:00:39 AM

also lets not talk about failure. Most people quit in the most difficult times are losers. The winners ride with the storm and live through it that's where the rewards are. Keep going mate!
zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:05:08 AM

4.5 per year
fix blocks being generated not connected to the network
(add checkpointing? Though, I thought it already had it.)
phase out PoW
done.  

the plan has always been to do away with POW once POS is going well

this issue would never have been this big if people had listened and took there coins of cryptsy once it was fixed as every time they stake with a huge amount of coins it forks Sad

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:13:24 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 03:55:49 AM by zackclark70

i am on http://www.the-adt-forum.com/ chatbox right now if anyone would like to talk Smiley

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:51:08 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 03:55:36 AM by zackclark70

there will be a giveaway over on http://www.the-adt-forum.com/ soon so make sure you pop over there Smiley

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:48:56 PM

seems the patch which fixes the chain forking with too many stakes at one time is the immediate priority and should be fixed for free at once by the person who created it. I mean that is completely unacceptable.

POW mining on an out of sync wallet is also needing to be fixed of course.

If you paid mullick to look it over and he gave it the OK, his credibility is also in question.

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:20:40 PM

seems the patch which fixes the chain forking with too many stakes at one time is the immediate priority and should be fixed for free at once by the person who created it. I mean that is completely unacceptable.

If you paid mullick to look it over and he gave it the OK, his credibility is also in question.

mullick had a look over it for free so I wouldn't expect him to have looked at every last bit the code wont show the issue as its partly caused by users ( if they left the wallets open all the time the chances of forks would be near 0 

there will be a patch ASAP but I am not going to release it before its fully tested ( I have a wallet that's due over 3,000 stake tx if it survives that it will be counted as tested ) 

techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:26:14 PM

mullick had a look over it for free so I wouldn't expect him to have looked at every last bit the code wont show the issue as its partly caused by users ( if they left the wallets open all the time the chances of forks would be near 0 

there will be a patch ASAP but I am not going to release it before its fully tested ( I have a wallet that's due over 3,000 stake tx if it survives that it will be counted as tested ) 

Maybe you should have a selected few to test it also...

-tb-

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:37:20 PM

Maybe you should have a selected few to test it also...

-tb-

yes that will also happen just talking to mullick now to find out if his finished tweaking the code and testing on his end then I will slam a few hundred pos blocks at it then if it passes that there can b 24-48h of open testing then its the full swap over ( I am not taking an risks this time as rushing the testing ends up with problems like we have now )

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:25:31 PM

You can't expect people to listen to you when you say you should keep your coins off exchanges because majority of people don't check Bitcointalk or forums and just buy whatever is going up and keep them on the exchange because it's secure enough and they don't have to take the time to find the wallet, download it, and hope it doesn't get stolen by a virus. If you want people to keep their coins off the exchange it has to be more profitable, more secure and less of a hassle than just leaving it there.

If you want to be the face of the ADT, you need to learn code and dedicate your time to this rather than spending time building e-bikes and digging trenches. I came across the issue your currently dealing with just prior to the Cryptsy swap since Btcltc was swapped a couple weeks prior and you told me "I'll look into it" and suddenly a month later your freaking out because all these forks are happening as a result.

My opinion is that you should take all criticism into account and get into the habit of stopping yourself every time you are about to say "it won't work" because it's all a matter of how it can work and what effect it will have.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: