Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:32:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!!  (Read 94313 times)
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:08:08 AM

can't stay for too long, but hopefully it'll push through a block sooner.

Any additional Help is Appreciated !
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Poogasm

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:23:49 AM

Has anyone heard from Ben? Is he still actually working on this or no?
He was mia for almost two weeks and has been gone again for almost a week since his last check in. (fas as I can see that is.)

I am losing faith.

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:28:28 PM

Has anyone heard from Ben? Is he still actually working on this or no?
He was mia for almost two weeks and has been gone again for almost a week since his last check in. (fas as I can see that is.)

I am losing faith.

Don't bother having faith in developers, I can tell you from a lifetime of working with them, that they can't be relied upon for much.

I think it was just a sock that someone used for the launch, whomever Ben is his real persona is not that account, I think' it's pretty obvious.

So, have faith in what you do each day.  For me, I mine Benjmains and know that probab;y it won't mean anything.  The world is full of lemmings rushing to be rich, for me that's not the prime goal, and I know for you, you need diapers and baby food.  See, good luck finding any dev who has 1: A wife, 2: children, and 3: responsibility.  Those three conditions right there remove 9 out of 10 developers.  Also look at what crap Karpeles code was, it was awesome to read the thread where they all said he was a lousy programmer, LOL, dude runs away with a billion dollars and the experts and devs agree his code sucked.  Pfft, devs.  What would they be with out idiot corporate types to further their own false self image?  What's a dev without a Work Visa?  Without a paycheck?  Without leadership to babysit them?  They're like savant children kinda.

Meh, I am not worried, I have seen so much manipulation and so many flaky tards in my life in securities and IT, it's like I am actually amazed when I find an actual man with responsibility mindset and actual balls and words to defend his position.  So, what can I  say?  If there is no support for 1776 mentality in this world and none of the kiddies care about Ben Franklin, nor do they parents care, then yes, let's mine coloncoin and a different coin every week!

Not me, I will stick to the one blockchain that is so perfectly accidentally formed that it's too tough to mine.  That is the reason to mine it, it is reliable in its difficulty and that's called: effort.  It takes effort to find Benjmains.  So, if there is no valuation of that, then yes it's like the smart guy said "Mining is a waste of time, smart people like me play the markets instead!"  Hahaha, that guy was awesome.  

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:12:06 PM

I will tell you this much my friends and you can take this to the bank:

When a bunch of smiling men tell you their idea, you had better cover your ass.  Because guys like that don't have moments like that unless they know they can fleece whomever is their target audience.  Like today, one the of the  main thefted parties, is the American retiree.  They are like a fattened hog for any scumbag hacker outside the US --or especially even inside the US where some little 15 year snot nosed turd cares not if he steals from grannies in his own nation --the YOUTH, are learning to use tech as a weapon against the grups.  Well, if you are able to pay attention to the world over decades of time, as I am.

Anyway point is:  Security has to come first, and yes, that means even for the simplest of us.  If your security scheme doesn't protect a downs syndrome citizen, for example, if it isn't simple enough to protect them from theft, then your system is built upon sand.  That's about the main starting point right there.  POS security needs to be simple as hell.  Well, obviously a blockchain has a SHA 256 hashing device so it is perfect to create that, right at the register, to create a safer world than this exploitative on we have --and which is ramping up for way worse theft.

Once you get to rub shoulders with and study the psychology of soulless theives who are addicts of exploiting others, you have a choice to either surrender the world to that 7% subtype of person, or fight to expose them.  Is it any shock that every adult on this planet is basically throwing all their hopes, again, onto this next generation?  Wow, what a completely jacked up planet if you are a kid trying to have hope and look at these crap ass leaders and software making corporations.

So, the grups have all their schemes, they will field corporate bodies and armies and metal devices to rend human flesh, etc.  However, I will mine Benjamins, because I know the power of a blockchain, to be the same as a ballot or a Constitutory Agreement between Constitutor and beneficiary.  I have waited all my life, to vote, with something as meaningful as a blockchain.  That the kids can't quite see that a blockchain is a vote, is not their fault --The grups have made a world so completely crap, and so completely gamed against the young, that it is 100% certain that this generation will cannibalize the preceding ones.

This launch of Benjamins blockchain, to me, is not just some thing that happened.  In time, over the course of history, people will ask, "Where did anyone try to remind people of the 1776 spirit?"  ...So, this is one of those moments.  For me, this blockchain is like a repeating bell being rung into silence, just like my little Wasteland Ben meme explains: It is now or never, to wrangle this shit called "software development bullshittery"  Mine Benjamins and study the code.  Personally I am slowly understanding it, but even as I grasp the math and struggle with making linux workable to regular people who have lives, I don't really care if it gets a difficulty adjustment,  I would rather fork it more toward contractual usefulness like rickardian contracts.  Like, making it an actual vehicle for voting.

How many language are on this excellent forum?  Well, I am known on forums, by at least 200-300 different and unique names, simply because I always like to post anon.  Well, this forum, I have so much respect for, BECAUSE it is truly an open and grass roots type thing, where anything can happen!!

Isn't it exciting to know you are building or destroying the future every moment, with whatever you did today?  I enjoy living in that moment.  I will post more to this thread about technology and IT business modalities, believe me, I can't wait to make this thread as huge as some of my other favorite threads on Ye Internetes.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:33:48 PM

Let's just examine what it is like, to work today, in any sort of technical job.

You have to face: HUMAN RESOURCES  ...Yes that's right, to a corporation, you are just a rezsource, like some hog bellies.  Hog belly, is only useful to consumer once it is shaped into bacon, see?  So, as a resource, you are just a tool, of the corporation, kinda like some claw, on the end of some inhuman insect hand, you see?

Here is a fun article on how the insect minds think:

http://www.livescience.com/44897-hring-red-flags.html

5 Hiring Red Flags

[...]

#3 Unprepared and unwilling to share info

A lack of preparation for a job interview is another big red flag because it signals laziness. Experts say there is simply no excuse for this.

"In this day, with access to information on the Internet and Web pages, there are few excuses for a potential employee who doesn't know something about your company and what it does," said Susan Foster, an executive coach and owner of Susan Foster Coaching.

And if a potential job candidate is unwilling to share information when answering basic interview questions, look out, as it may indicate more than a lack of preparation, Erickson said.

"Everyone should have answers for the hard questions about a failure, a challenge, something that didn't go well," Erickson said, adding that if a candidate hides something in an interview, they will likely hide things on the job as well.

If you suspect a candidate is hiding something, refer to his or her résumé while conducting the interview. “One of the biggest stop signs on a résumé is spotty work experience," said Tony Sorensen, CEO of executive search firm Versique Consulting.

Hehehe, I bet "CEO of Executive Search Firm" and "Coach and Owner of Executive Consutling" are great job sectors to be in when there is ZERO PERCENT good leaders.  No fuckin wonder they all need coaches and CEO of high worth, to search for them.

Damn, and all these workers who stop working and take a year off with their families, and just live their lives or study code??  No, their resume will show that they are actally, lazy disinterested fools who you might want to not hire.  Hehe, isn't it awesome how they can't see what total and complete assholes they are?

I see no reason to hold back, I will mine Benjamins and make my points in this thread.  As I said, Benjamin the codr can tell me to stfu anytime, my inbox is empty so, let's have some fun psychoanalyzing this whole thing called "jobs and technology and software develpment and profits off robot trading and cops who are supposed to protect financial networks"  ...Ahh cryptocoin, the true great discussion of our time.

Oh and I will have a new Wastleland Ben meme up within 48 hours I have some good ones in my head.  William Banzai and Banksy are two of my heroes.

BUY AND MINE BENJAMINS WITH ME FRIENDS!  WE NEED A GRASS ROOTS FUTURE NOT FILLED WITH COW PIES!

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:40:20 PM

Hehe this notice about all the XP machines Microsoft is cra$hing either through dumbness or on purpose

http://hothardware.com/News/Coincidence-Or-Accident-Microsoft-Security-Essentials-Bug-Rendering-XP-Machines-Hamstrung-Like-A-Virus/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

[...]

By pcica on Apr 17, 2014

Yesterday 16 april I'have incredible day. Thanks Microsoft!!!

Abour 100 work stations with WINDOWS XP SP3 and 4!!!! windows server 2003 R2 was stopped througt this NICE update for antivirus.

computer got red alert message about "MsMpEng.exe" and begin to freezze about 10-20 min.

Trying to update MSE does not effect.

so I find the best way to solve this problem - UNINSTALL mse at the workstations.

Servers MSE still alive, becouse last night MSE got new updates and problem with msmpgeng disapeared.

So, As I undersand Microsoft begin "to PUSH" users of old OS for upgrade ti new systems.

It does take time to wake up to what sellouts we are involved in, from a billion dollar perspective.  I do know my Enron history very well, better than most Americans.

Well, this is all the more reason to follow Benjamin's path, and begin to use god damned 5x longer to do shit linux.  Because, the result of convenience has been to just open the door to assheads like Bill Gates.

So this is a good time to mine a blockchain on principle and hope.  Join me friends, won't you?

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:25:41 PM

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/03/31/review_durovis_dive_htc_oculus_facebook/

^^^ HOLY CRAPWARE EYEBALLS BATMAN

I had to share this link with you all.  Hehe, I am thinking of my brilliant friend from earlier in the thread who said basically "Basically all tablets and phones cannot be made secure" and he was right then and he is right now.

Hehe, but what is so great about this device above, is that, in Star Trek Next Generation, they all use tablets, but none of them STRAPPED THEM TO THEIR FACE.  Hahaha, like, I don't know if I am to laugh or cry at idiocy like this, but what is also so pure about it, is that you can easily take the parts apart.  Any phone, can be strapped to your eyeballs now, with this device above.

So, like, now every dev has to think in terms of "Imagine your user inside a 3D room of his own desires, and that all he needs to do is flick his eyes to the corner and thereby select a menu, and so on..."  ...Whoa, as Ted Logan would say.

Okay I have got to work this strap-your-phone-to-your-eyes thing, it is a priceless meme but I imagine in the Wasteland scenario, Benjamin the time traveller would be fighting AGAINST these phone-face zombies who are guided by satellites.  Imagine how stupid and useless our dumb old eyeballs are now!  Wow, I for myself like the old world a little better than this one but it does have its funny moments  Cheesy

Anyway friends, let us mine Benjamins for the spirit of 1776, if you mine it, he will come.  Benyamin the coder I mean.  Wink

Let us not adopt the strap-phone-to-eyeballs techpath tho, I mean it will be profitable but, well.  In terms of security, aren't you vlnerable to pickpockets while wearing this??

Poogasm

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:21:57 PM

Text wall doesn't help me feel better about this.

Can we maybe focus on the issues with the coin and not wander all over the place instead?
At least for a little while?

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:16:29 PM

Text wall doesn't help me feel better about this.

Can we maybe focus on the issues with the coin and not wander all over the place instead?
At least for a little while?

Sure buddy, I know wandering is irritating to some.  You are right, let us focus on the issues at hand.  But rather than "Wall of Text" which is ACTUALLY "Wall of IDEAS", I will give you a meme.  Not toooo much reading required.  Wink

Hehe, I know I am being irritating but I think what I am saying is completely relevant on many levels.

MINE BENJAMINS I SAY!  Make your kids learn the code as if it were the Constitution itself --oh wait, nobody reads that anymore, well, damn, then I guess it is up to us adults.

Okay I will stay off the thread till tomo.  Wink

Poogasm

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:57:49 PM

*headdesk*

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:15:14 AM

Hehe, c'mon poo if nothing else I will have fun in this thread.

I have no problem Benjamins is difficult.  It's perfect to work slowly on a useful coin, one that benefits the people, worldwide.

And if I keep posting ideas relevant to life/work/security/IT industry etc then that allows people to ask help and observe a pulse.

OKAY so now to the job destruction vector of the worst companies in America!  Southern Cal Edison FRONT AD CENTER you losers!

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9247744/H_1B_loophole_may_help_California_utility_offshore_IT_jobs_

Southern California Edison is outsourcing part of its IT operations, and the jobs [are] going overseas.

Edison (SCE) is working with Infosys, which is based in India, and iGate, a New Jersey-based company with major offshore centers, as it prepares to lay off workers, according to U.S. government records.

SCE said it is still actively evaluating outsourcing vendors, "and expects to select vendor partners by mid-year." It didn't say which vendors are in consideration.

Northeast Utilities, last fall, announced it was outsourcing part of its IT operations to Infosys and another Indian-based IT services giant, Tata Consultancy Services, and cut about 200 jobs. SCE isn't disclosing how many jobs may be cut, but the Los Angeles Times reports the number is in the hundreds.

H-1B battle

More in Government

NU employees have been training their replacements as a condition of their severance, a process that will likely occur at SCE, if it goes forward with its plan.

Edison said it expects to pick a vendor by mid-year.

The evidence pointing to offshore outsourcing, and to Infosys and iGate as at least two of the vendors, is based on government records. Edison runs some of its IT operations in Irwindale, Calif. As part of the hiring process for H-1B visa-holding workers, outsourcing vendors file a Labor Condition Application (LCA), a U.S. document with salary information and the address of the visa workers' worksite. There were as many as 130 LCAs filed by Infosys alone in the past year for the Irwindale address associated with SCE's offices, according to a large sampling of those filings collected by visa data analysis firm MyVisaJobs.

H-1B rules make it relatively easy for offshore outsourcing companies to replace U.S. workers, despite a rule to curb it.

Hmm, well.

Isnt a connected world?

Where the poor get to savage the industry of the rich nations?  And the rich nations get to send their "National" Guard, to all foreign lands to defend people who mostly don't appreciate it and still need to come take jobs?

I am sorry this world is so damn screwed up.  Yes, I do intend to mine Benjamins and post newsworthy info as to life, IT sector destruction, viruses, and the general need for 1776 common sense, as we wait patiently to see if any developers have the 1776 spirit.

I see the price being mostly steady, sure poo, I will take some credit for that if you don't mind.  I was a stockbroker and IT worker, may I ask if your resume involves markets or IT?  So see, for the most part, I have waited for a perfect blockchain and moment in time like this.  I am going to discuss all the great 1776 issues: Religion, freedom, taxation, liberty, oligarchies, debt, the COTUS, true money (specie) and lots else.

Oh also I am looking into being a conversion point for Benjamins into gold/silver and even copper.  I talked to a local gold dealer who can get me certified county placer gold from the county where I live, at 86% purity.  So I am slowly thinking of not only how to take Benjamins into the POS area, but also to make them convertible into specie (true money) or at least bullion.  

I will only do very very small orders if I do that, like, < 100 max, just to provide the service.  I sure as hell don't have a bankroll, so it'd be just a few per month depending on what metal people want.  90% dimes are all around but I would go by EBay prices which are real and not spot silver which is fully backward and suppressed.  Copper will be easy I will just use pre-1982 pennies for that.  But these forms ar specie, and that's important when you are trying to abide by the COTUS.

It would take days, of course for me to convert people's Benjamins into metal, but if people adjust to the pace, it could work.  I would probably prefer to start simple with copper pennies and just let people send me copper pennies in an envelope, then I will send them X# of Ben --Except that I feel That Benjamins is way way undervalued so I really can't see myself doing this too much until people learn that there is a 1776 mentality blockchain they can mine.

I mean, in many ways, it is good that some things move slowly but reliably in this fast past world of diseased solutions.  Conversion of some blockchain to metals should place that blockchain in a more viable long term frame.

Frankly I don't care if it gets a diff fork, that'd be fine, but merge mining is not a good plan if security is part of the discussion.  I see we have now 6 miners at the moment on hasher.ca up from 4, so I am gladdened by that.  But the net hash rate is testing the lower limits of how slowly a blockchain can function, lol.  I pray we get some more people who have the iron to mine like blacksmith, but we that mine today, shall get it done most likely tomorrow as well.  Wink

Anyway, this forum is great and I feel fine talking about anything, because, conspiracy forums are now totally wrecked and mostly a waste of time.  Cryptocoin allows defeat of so much tyranny I get exicted every second I think of my miner making a way forward.  JOIN ME FRIENDS OF LIBERTY, and mine Benjamins.

Poogasm

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:43:15 AM

Having fun is one thing, burying any mention of the coin's problems in walls of unrelated babbling is another.
This coin is fucked, you are fine with it sure, but how about new miners? They wont come mine a coin that is broken. (remember when you used to just say we need new miners? Yeah, same shit as then and nothing has changed.) The coin needs to be fixed, abandoned or taken over, depending on what is actually happening with Ben, which I imagine is either a god damned state secret or "not a fucking thing".

If ANYONE knows something about what is going on other than what we heard a couple of weeks ago, can they PLEASE share?

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 12:49:24 AM

Having fun is one thing, burying any mention of the coin's problems in walls of unrelated babbling is another.
This coin is fucked, you are fine with it sure, but how about new miners? They wont come mine a coin that is broken. (remember when you used to just say we need new miners? Yeah, same shit as then and nothing has changed.) The coin needs to be fixed, abandoned or taken over, depending on what is actually happening with Ben, which I imagine is either a god damned state secret or "not a fucking thing".

If ANYONE knows something about what is going on other than what we heard a couple of weeks ago, can they PLEASE share?

All that really needs fixing is the block times changed back to 64 seconds. It's literally 4 lines of code

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:59:25 AM

Hehe

1: It is abanodoned, by someone who probably should have abandoned it anyway.  I have taken it up.
2: I said as one of my first posts in this thread, I don't care if it gets forked as to difficiulty, I want a difficult coin, duh, you know, like Colbert coin, LOL
3: Whatever I do with a thread is what I want to do with it, especially abandoned threads.  Look at my history on Ye Internetes, I am known for taking someone else's worthless abandoned thread, and weaving gold from it.
4: I just said conversin into metals, and you are still babbling about the difficulty?  If its dead then move on, you need to get your satisfaction out of it.

I am happy if nobody lifts a finger to fix the "four lines of code" to alter the coin, it doesn't matter to me, I am mining on principle, I don't need to buy diapers I am not panicked as I engage in discussions on these important forums.  The only way to secure any real future for your kids is to have principles anyway, so why mine if not for the principle?

If you people get a dev who cares, then fork it, that's cool, yay more Benjamins. 

As to the coin being "dead" well, the spirit of 1776 is not dead, but one doesn't need to be an American to understand liberty.

Hehe, it's fun to irritate people who are so impatient and short sighted.  I can't really tell you how to see something as dead or alive.  Yes, if you mean the second-to-second coiwwarz thing or all the panicked BTC and cryptocoin people who wonder at what to do.  I am telling them waht to do: Mine on principle like I am doing.  If the diff gets forked, I will still mine, but if not, again, I will mine.

Tell me poogasm, how the f*ck do YOU motivate people?  I am a natural leader, and I have an natural abhorrence of thieves.  So, from my perspective, simple involving myself with this coin, will draw power to it.  There are thousands of crap thread on dozens of forums, but I am very picky which threads I run.  I like abandoned threads you can really make something out of them.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:09:58 AM

All that really needs fixing is the block times changed back to 64 seconds. It's literally 4 lines of code

That's so helpful!  Thanks!

Poogasm

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:54:41 AM

That's so helpful!  Thanks!

^lol
My exact thought.

Anyhow, itsunderstood, you spoke of taking it up previously, but not that you HAD, thus, when the question was asked about what is going on, that would have been the perfect time to state as much. Maybe an update as to what you had figured out in relation to this coin as opposed to everything BUT this coin.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:12:20 AM

uggh merge mining.   say it aint so.     Would rather see the chain forked and difficulty parameters adjusted than that.

Doc, did you get the second Ben I sent you?

Tell Ben why you don't like merge mining.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:15:22 AM

[...] as opposed to everything BUT this coin.

Well, for me, cryptocoins are boring in their code aspects, that's why I was never a developer: I have a life.

Also I know it takes responsibility and a long timeline to make something like this work.  So, when I say I can commit to converting Ben into specie, it is a fully 1776 idea.

Hehe but I hear you bro.  I am posting on these subjects, all of interest to those of 1776 mindset:

WORK
MONEY
GOVERNMENT

..And also, how all three are weaponized against humans of all nations.

Don't worry bro I think most people here have me on ignore.  Hehe.  But I am gonna give us some publicity on a forum that I like a lot..  Hang on..

Poogasm

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:20:41 AM

You got that right, they are boring when it comes to the code aspect.
Painfully so.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:24:22 AM

uggh merge mining.   say it aint so.     Would rather see the chain forked and difficulty parameters adjusted than that.

doc, why do you not like merge mining?

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: