Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:09:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!!  (Read 94313 times)
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 05:18:42 PM

Not to hijack the thread, but come check out Colbert Coin. It's going on Paysha, just like BEN

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567491

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:55:04 PM

Not to hijack the thread, but come check out Colbert Coin. It's going on Paysha, just like BEN

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567491

More SHA coins that have no principle?

From some nobody puppet famous tard who doesn't even acknowledge the thing?

That's what you want?  1 million coins?

Okay then.  I will continue to mine Benjamins, also, I will be happy to debate Colbert face to face because he's a buffoon and I loath him.  If you can't stand Colbert and his shallow lack of history, then join us and mine a SHA coin that is not a joke, or even if it was, was a joke which shall become true based on the spirit to which it is attached.  Colbert?  Seriously?  No thanks.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:10:07 PM

Quote from: krzytub
Does not synchronize my wallet.
My config looks like this:
addnode=95.85.39.131
addnode=97.112.91.126

[...]

Put this in a .bat file in your benjamins folder: [this is what I have in benjamins.bat]

Code:
benjamins-qt -server -seednode=198.147.23.176

Unfortunately, as I do not synchronize.
Stops on the block 24270

Anyway yep 24270 was the last block found, 24271 is the one we've been working on.

your wallet is up-to-date. we have NOT found block 24270 yet. It thinks you're not in sync as the network expects to have found a block sooner than 2-3 days, but alas, we have not.

Okay yes you're right.

But the point is the same, things move slowly in 1776 terms.  Liberty takes time to find purchase in a world of flash profits.

But to answer all the earlier posts about "Where's Ben the dev"?  To me, he seems kinda like that Anthony Michael Hall character in Breakfast Club, ya know "I pulled the stupid trunk and the light's supposed to come on..."  So he's probably a bit hard on himself, and probably he didn't expect a person like myself to bring a true 1776 modality to his thread.  Who really likes history or truth?  Not many people are ready for it.

So, I kinda expect him to launch with some other personality.  Like maybe "JefeersonCoin" or something?  LOL  How many 1776 coins can you think up?  Well, I will stay on the first, original, accidentally cracked blockchain because it seems to have integrity and is open for all to peruse.  I can't stand thinking about the next horrible thing some dev is gonna do.  I'll stay right here.

But, my question is since Ben licensed the code under MIT license, does he go to MIT or is that the same license as the bitcoin code?  Also if he goes to MIT does that mean he is lacking in the normal social skills like a lot of their students?  Also, did Ben the Coder have a web presence before his "AllAbouttheBenjamins" persona?  Because, that persona, apparently WAS all about the Benjamins.  I see some hundreds of thousands of coins dumped at the top, so maybe only the bag holders care now?  

Meh, I have been a bag holder in many other schemes by devs, a class of people who seem to need so much help, either in not screwing the world up, or in staying focused on one project.  So, I will work this thread and this blockchain, until the unforseen future.  In terms of 1776, we must accept what has been given, this difficulty will not make a ton of coins, but 2.4 million already exist and they can be fractioned, and this open code can be taken by good people, to prevent all the crap that cryptocoins come with.  Let us not tolerate any more flaky devs, if they want to work a SHA coin, take one in the 1776 spirit.

But yes, as you say "alas" it takes time to find new coins.  But also like we discussed, 30 BEN = about 20 cents so investing in the 1776 spirit ain't hard either.  And so I don't think it's quite "alas" yet, unless people are trying to get rich.  Myself, I am mining on principle, I am not a thief, I am not some flaky throwaway named developer.  I am real in the IT world and people know me.  I ain't on some crap like LinkedIn or FB or Twitter --those are for fools.  I am as real as it gets.  I was on the Internet before G00g and I saw what they did to it, so all this new crap can bite me.  I will be in the 1776 spirit, hoping for a better future.  Thanks for all your hard work and especially for being adult enough to post in the thread even as the rollout didn't go 100% to plan, it is a charming crack that this bell has.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:57:40 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 07:18:47 PM by itsunderstood

https://twitter.com/PayshaPayments

Paysha ‏@PayshaPayments Mar 20

This is even worse than the Goldcoin scam at this point. What a fucking mess this poser is making @maxcoinproject

Well, this is the best tweet on the Paysha feed.  So, even as the community is killed by pools that kill coins, don't you think that should be addressed before your huge plan to rollout some world changing thing?  The Maxcoin hostile pool fork should cause everyone to understand the power of coins to be killed by some douchebag nihilist pool.  Some people only feel smart when they hurt others, it is sad but true.  That's why you have to mine on principle.

The world can be changed at any time, for the better of one or few devs.  The world _itself_ can only be changed for the better, over the long term.  Anyway, you said the reason you chose Ben for your group was simply because the developers of Ben had more questions than any other.  Tell me:  Did any of the Ben devs have security as their questions?  Because, I feel like there is a serious blind side here that suckers people.  It's as if you all are refusing to make cryptocoins something real, just trying to fling them to see what suckers bite.  Colbert is a joke of a man, and therefore it is a joke of a coin.  I respect the doge smiley dog more than Colbert.

That can't be a business model.  Suckerism will fail as the plebes wake up.  Anyway, thanks for being patient with the 1776 spirit.  We sit in the shadow of some dude who either dumped his coins or is praying this would all go away.  But no, the 1776 spirit once roused, cannot be put down.

Do you have meetings that do not worry about people's feelings but rather, which are designed to shoot down stupid ideas?  Those are my favorite kinds of meetings but they are rare.  Bear in mind, I am not a college student, I win all my meetings through superior knowledge.  Also I was published in Scientific American magazine, specifically on the subject of cloud computing.  Hehe, who am I?  I will let you look through the back issues.  Cheesy

Thanks for sticking in there Paysha, I am sure your Q-code idea will be put to good use by somebody and it is good you are working with FinCen because I am sure they are ashamed of how horribly the American people have been robbed at their POS locations, so it is good to finally have some brains on the case, hehe.  But seriously, invite me to your conference calls I will speak for 1776 and working foremost to protect the common man and woman in their needful transactions.

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 07:01:28 PM

Colbert is a joke of a man, and therefore it is a joke of a coin.  I respect the doge smiley dog more than Colbert

Unlike Doge, Colbert actually has massive influence outside of the small crypto circle. That tweet is also why we chose to START with a reward of 1 with CC. Now there is no chance for a massive block reward reduction later when we want the price to rise. That's just shady shit. Goldcoin did it, first, from 500 per block to 49 with a fork

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:06:05 PM

Colbert is a joke of a man, and therefore it is a joke of a coin.  I respect the doge smiley dog more than Colbert

Unlike Doge, Colbert actually has massive influence outside of the small crypto circle

There is a lot of room for miners to pump and dump something nobody cares about.

No way will this give you more cred, no way will people use his coin.  He is a joke of a man, I will be glad to debate him and I will win.

The doge meme has more cred than Colbert, he is almost as worthless as a politician.

But hey don't let me stop you, go ahead with whatever the plan is for the next POS system which will protect people.  I have basic ideas about it involving end to end crypto, but I will have to watch all the other stuff get fielded first.  That's fine I am very patient and obviously so are you.  Cheesy

But no, I would say taking SHA hashers from 1776 and putting them in the vacuum of the present in the form of ultimate empty head buffoon Colbert S.??  No thanks.  He would never debate me anyway, once it came down to it, it would be called off.  Seriously, he has little knowledge of history and is not even a decent interviewer.  The tonight show will be a disaster with him.  But yes, he is funny.  Hahaha, much lols, many profits much coins fast agree!

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:34:32 PM

Okay let's play this out in terms of history:

In the past before Internet, they had "MLM" which stands for Multi Level Marketing (means: You at the top and your friends are targeted for the distro chain)

They still have this bullshit but also it functions well in terms of cults, who can make members do whatever the hell they want.  So, obviously soon there will be religious coins, already there is jesuscoin, etc.  So, my point isa, y'all need to step your games up.  I might not yet be a dev, but I am learning Haxe which spits out perfect code in any language.  So, eventually, simply the best ideas, like Satoshi's brilliant paper described (rejecting shitty nodes, making a better group of work I.E. FORGING A CHAIN OF PEOPLE) will rise to the top.

When Satoshi said : "make nodes do [this math] and they will always quickly sniff out bad nodes and make a better proof-product" what was he saying?

It is simply impossible, for us, to understand what the true value of a person-to-person moneymaking machine network, is.  I am saying in the future, your life, is what blockchain you mine, and how hard do you protect the means to mine it and use it.  I am saying history (yes, farther back than 1776) is replete with 0% success of fiat currency.  That means all of them, eventually do fail.  However, I am an American, but I see that the Dev team for Benjamins was global.  And I find that charming and inspired.

The globe, is something we can all appreciate, is it not?  But needeth money be so hard?  Woof?  Good doge.  [pets doge] See, he always knows his buddy.  Where on Earth do humans not loves doges?

Well, let's just say this:  Your notions are only as good as the minds and voice --read: real people, that you can field to defend those notions.  So the triangle goes like this:  1: idea, 2: minds, 3: voices/words.  ...For my part, I am quite charmed by how this whole rollout went.  I do think it was an honest mistake and Ben's just chilln, being cool.  Literally in a PM before he dropped off for a nice well deserved vacation (while I mine in his absence) he told me "Write whatever you want in the thread."

Okay, so I did that.  But let me tell you:  I have worked threads to 2000 pages and beyond, and I always fill them with nuggets of historical goodness.  Since the inception of Satoshi's code, I have been lurking, waiting, for someone to do what Ben did.  And so he is always a champ and a heroe in my eyes, for what he wrote in this thread before taking his nice, well deserved vacation.  He is probably too smart to fall for my lame ass callout attempts.  hehe, anyway, I have no PMs from him, he can tell me to STFU and I would.  Really, read his interesting quotes in this thread, I like him, and that's why I am here.

I mine on principle, until the day I believe Satoshi's code was a stupid notion, and that day has not yet arrived.  Do I ken the code well enough to massifork it myself?  Not yet, and anyway, what would I put into the code?  Hmmm, like I said maybe by the Fall I can do something with it.  Until then, I mine, and I study history, in the spirit of 1776.

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 07:34:44 PM

I think you misinterpret the intentions of Colbert Coin. Not only is it to get him to embrace his own coin, but to bring attention to all 6 coins on Paysha. You guys should all be working together as the SHA minority in a sea of Scrypt clones

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:56:19 PM

Unlike Doge, Colbert actually has massive influence outside of the small crypto circle. That tweet is also why we chose to START with a reward of 1 with CC. Now there is no chance for a massive block reward reduction later when we want the price to rise. That's just shady shit. Goldcoin did it, first, from 500 per block to 49 with a fork

Nono it's cool, I will buy some 'colberts' on crypsty ffs I own 30+ different coins and my market cap for crypto is < 5k lol

Just post here when I should buy them.  No way will I hash for them, that's for all the cool people who use twitter, myself I never liked nor have used twitter.

But I am simply saying that I am putting my muscle behind Benjamins.  Let us see if this "colbert" will defend his coin?  When he mentions it on his show, you can bet, I will be here in this thread.  Make your moves Paysha, you know your shit and are right on top of this, thanks for being so patient with Benjamins, I have ideas that revolve around what you guys are already doing, and your idea is very impressive so you will certainly do well I think.

Smiley

But I demand Colbert throw some love to Benjamin Franklin if he fields this in TV space.  BTW TV mostly sucks I rarely watch it, except only to observe and confirm the suckage.  Hmm, we will see what this "Colbert" can do, because you KNOW John Stewart turned down the tonight show, you just know he gave it to Colbert, so power builds, yet when will these bobbleheads study history??  They get big enough paycheck ffs.  Who are their IT workers?  Hmm, NBC no I never worked there.  I bet NBC IT dept has turned over 10 times since 1991 at least at the desktop level.  It would be interesting to know. 

Well anyway, if Colbert lets the IT guys come forward and be seen, and to speak freely, then yes, he might be okay.  I will let you know.  But for me, he is pure chaff in the sky, meant to throw everyone off by generating false heat and scatter.  As the missile of the mind seeks a target, one needs to focus on the past, and comedians like Colbert and Stewart are not historians at all.  The Internet, however, is the best historian ever born.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:06:06 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 08:18:26 PM by itsunderstood

I think you misinterpret the intentions of Colbert Coin. Not only is it to get him to embrace his own coin, but to bring attention to all 6 coins on Paysha. You guys should all be working together as the SHA minority in a sea of Scrypt clones

Oh hell yeah you chose well because a mechanism such as what he uses, simply begs that he will aknowledge it.  It is brilliant actually and yes I will buy colbertcoin, for that reason.

He will acknowledge, he will cause it to do well, and when the miners seek to leave it, will he regret having acknowledged it?  Hmm, one thing's for sure, all you guys are super f*cking smart and you will be rich come hell or high water.  I just feel it.  But I gotta mine on principle.  Contract law is what all law is based on, that's a fact any lawyer will be forced to admit.  So I am thinking of how to get something much larger into a blockchain, no I will not mine any other SHA coins than Ben or BTC (though I mine no BTC only Benjamins on principle).

The sea of scrypt clones will face an orcish onslaught of upcoming ASIC-scrypt miners which are butterfly wing's-breadth away.  I hold both BTC and (actually more) LTC so I am long both blockchains, I hold all the crappecoins I hope they rise also.  I do not play.

I am taking the longest timeline, yes it is a "SHA minority" but what I see in the future is a law-mandated confiscation and price rise of mining gear.  So, when I bought crypto-mining gear, I did so knowing it was like well, gold coins or anything else that 'competes' with them.  Hmm, I won't explain further.  Point is: SHA-coins and scrypt coins and computers in general, will eventually be well, 'weapons', for lack of a better term.

Look, when players are being encouraged to wear Fawkes mask and attack some state website?  Damn, there's where your movement is done and over for what I can see.  Because IP is weaponized since some time ago, and you have to bring your a game if you want to field new schemes because people be gettin wise.

I like Colbert, I am just calling him out pro wrestling style, I will be "Uncle Sam" when I come onto his show, in full pro wrestling gear.

edit

No wait "Uncle SLAM"  ...Has any wrestler used that one?  Okay I call (tm) on it then!

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 08:40:03 PM

Oh hell yeah you chose well because a mechanism such as what he uses, simply begs that he will aknowledge it.  It is brilliant actually and yes I will buy colbertcoin, for that reason.

He will acknowledge, he will cause it to do well, and when the miners seek to leave it, will he regret having acknowledged it?  Hmm, one thing's for sure, all you guys are super f*cking smart and you will be rich come hell or high water.  I just feel it.  But I gotta mine on principle.  Contract law is what all law is based on, that's a fact any lawyer will be forced to admit.  So I am thinking of how to get something much larger into a blockchain, no I will not mine any other SHA coins than Ben or BTC (though I mine no BTC only Benjamins on principle).

The sea of scrypt clones will face an orcish onslaught of upcoming ASIC-scrypt miners which are butterfly wing's-breadth away.  I hold both BTC and (actually more) LTC so I am long both blockchains, I hold all the crappecoins I hope they rise also.  I do not play.

I am taking the longest timeline, yes it is a "SHA minority" but what I see in the future is a law-mandated confiscation and price rise of mining gear.  So, when I bought crypto-mining gear, I did so knowing it was like well, gold coins or anything else that 'competes' with them.  Hmm, I won't explain further.  Point is: SHA-coins and scrypt coins and computers in general, will eventually be well, 'weapons', for lack of a better term.

Look, when players are being encouraged to wear Fawkes mask and attack some state website?  Damn, there's where your movement is done and over for what I can see.  Because IP is weaponized since some time ago, and you have to bring your a game if you want to field new schemes because people be gettin wise.

I like Colbert, I am just calling him out pro wrestling style, I will be "Uncle Sam" when I come onto his show, in full pro wrestling gear.

edit

No wait "Uncle SLAM"  ...Has any wrestler used that one?  Okay I call (tm) on it then!

Trust me, I am in no way trying to steal miners. BEN needs hash more than CC does right now. The point was that the value is extremely low and there are big buying opportunities before we launch Paysha to stock up on all the coins that will be listed

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:58:50 PM

Trust me, I am in no way trying to steal miners. BEN needs hash more than CC does right now. The point was that the value is extremely low and there are big buying opportunities before we launch Paysha to stock up on all the coins that will be listed

Cool, you are doing fine work.  Yes, me too I own the coins, about maybe what $150 of each and hell yeah they all went down --but I am pro crpytsy in terms of coins that have open code and usable wallets though they be slow.

Yes, thanks!

Okay so back to the history which Benjamin Franklin woulde be moste pleased with for us to know:

Hmm, the price is at .00001662 which is interesting.  Let's take that as a year, and I shall give thee some news of the realm circa [whatever the price is at] so if we get the price to .00002014 and steady, then our news in the thread will be timely and we can then say that cryptsy understands the relevance of the 1776 spirit.  As I said, having Benjamins rise above their spike shouldn't happen anytime soon, miners first, on principle.  A simple heavy price point of .00002014 will be fine, let people bulls and bears, take sides as to what I write or what others write, in the spirit of 1776.  Or, whatever years/prices we see on the way up, though it take decades, we have long vision.

1662 Events:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1662

May 16 – The Hearth Tax is introduced in England, Wales and Scotland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearth#Hearth_tax

Hearth tax
Main article: Hearth tax

In the Byzantine Empire a tax on hearths known as kapnikon was first explicitly mentioned for the reign of Nicephorus I (802–811) although its context implies that it was already then old and established and perhaps it should be taken back to the 7th century AD. Kapnikon was a tax raised on households without exceptions for the poor.[1]

In England, a tax on hearths was introduced on 19 May 1662. Householders were required to pay a charge of two shillings per annum for each hearth, with half the payment due at Michaelmas and half at Lady Day. Exemptions to the tax were granted, to those in receipt of poor relief, those whose houses were worth less than 20 shillings a year and those who paid neither church nor poor rates. Also exempt were charitable institutions such as schools and almshouses, and industrial hearths with the exception of smiths' forges and bakers' ovens. The returns were lodged with the Clerk of the Peace between 1662 and 1688.[2]

A revision of the Act in 1664 made the tax payable by all who had more than two chimneys

The tax was abolished by William III in 1689 and the last collection was for Lady Day of that year. It was abolished in Scotland in 1690.[2]

Ah yes we see the old notions of taxation are actually important --to historians!  Hehe, but also to modern day money manipulators and those who have gun sufficient to tax without representation.  But what meaneth 'representation'?

Well "Nicephorus I (802–811)" lived an apporpiately short life, what a d*ck!

Anyway, no doubt these events were welle knowne to Benjamin Franklin, so let us exchange books and Ben and yes diapers too for we are family types, common folk, who seek to study and learn.  Oh and to use high tech cryptography gear.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:12:15 PM

http://videos.rawstory.com/video/Lewis-Black-on-why-he-became-a/

^^^ Colbert was really funny when he mocked the press corps, I did cheer for him then, sooo very looong ago.

But Lewis Black is one hell of a truthsayer, him I wouldn't debate because we'd agree about most things I bet.  I always have liked him, still do.  He should have got the tonight show, obvi.

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:30:27 AM

I'm Joining Back in on the Action at Hasher BEN Pool: http://ben.hasher.ca

Grin Let's Get Ben On a Roll !
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 11:32:02 AM

cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:21:42 PM

Hello,
I read the whole thread, and I would like to invest into BEN few $$. But what I hate are bugged coins(I lost lot of money on CENT and I will never buy flawed coins anymore). There is written in this thread, that it took someone 24 hours to confirm the transaction. So my question is, is this coin working correctly? What is the current status? What is the real confirmation time? How fast can I transfer the coins. Is is usable to pay with them in real time? How many miners is mining this coin last days?

Thank you
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:52:39 PM

Hello,
I read the whole thread, and I would like to invest into BEN few $$. But what I hate are bugged coins(I lost lot of money on CENT and I will never buy flawed coins anymore). There is written in this thread, that it took someone 24 hours to confirm the transaction. So my question is, is this coin working correctly? What is the current status? What is the real confirmation time? How fast can I transfer the coins. Is is usable to pay with them in real time? How many miners is mining this coin last days?

Thank you

In short it "works" ... just ... but difficulty is so high, and the hashrate so low, that confirms take a very long time (potentially days).  Realistically it could not, at the moment, be used for transactions requiring a reasonably quick confirmation.
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:39:49 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 05:28:02 PM by itsunderstood

I saw you this morning buddy, nice to see the # of hashers rise for the 1776 Spirit.

Yes, it's a humble blockchain, but one with a future set firmly in the past.  Huzzah!  Slowly, pennies at a time, just as Benjamin Franklin would tell us to proceed.  It takes years to build something decent, and he would know.

Yes is it very slow, these last block have been murder except for one on which we got lucky.  

But, there are 2.5 million Ben and mostly the goal should be to protect the blockchain from the robo traders and the hater-pools that live to wreck coins.  I know them well in regular stockbroker form or the new iteration of geek form, pump and dumpers are the bane of regular investors (families and common folk I mean).

I am glad this coin is not proceeding that way, it is better to have grass roots and slow progression, as if gently growing a fragile plant.  It's not better to have a team of devs, because a lot of them have no common sense.  It is better to have as we do, a team of likeminded regular people, who have a desire to make something new, and who have suitable opensource code, with which to work.  We are in a good position, in terms of slow, steady growth and interest.  Well except Ben the Dev who seems to have lost interest unless Ben is made to merge mine?  I am glad Ben isn't merge mined it totally violates the spirit of a block chain, completely.  I am amazed that anyone involved with any blockchain would advise sharing proof of work, that's absurd.  But like I said, others can explain why they also don't like merge mining.

though there were a LOT of coins dumped at .00004 and so I love the way things are going: More miners getting interested, even after this coin has been hit hard by dumpers.  

The "same" devs minus Benjamin it seems, recently designed CC to be a tough coin to mine --but we already have that here.  So I am rolling my eyes as I see some of this.  I guess they'll make a nice pump off it, or maybe his silly face is silliy enough to wrangle to doge miners?  Hehe, no way will the dogies be happy with .1 coin per hour, hehe.  Plus his coin is gonna get smashed by the shorts once its usefulness has lived on.  [shrug]  We will see if Colbert has a brain or can he only make jokes?  Definitely he is the ultimate joke of a man, so we shall see if he has anything but jokes.  

I look forward to the future, but I mine Benjamins on principle, in the 1776 spirit.  When the flashes and pumps and dumps and ETFs and fake Enron like companies and shitty IPOs all fade away, I will be mining the Benjamins blockchain, assuming I have internet and electricity.  One thing I'd like to do is to build a radio packet-IP type localized experiment so that Benjamins mining network can endure outage of power and internet.  Radio-based IP is a big interest for me, because all the ISPs are basically worthless puppets now.  So loss of Internet will be a future problem, and of course bitcoin will be mined by the milspec servers in the artic for 1000 years, we little common Benjamin folk will have to figure out how to keep our blockchain up and our coins useable, when there is no Internet.  In the future I mean.  If there's revolution I mean.  Like, I am trying to prepare in the 1776 mindset as well as mine.  Wink

edit

Oh this blurb across the top of the forum says" "News: ♦♦ A bug in OpenSSL, used by Bitcoin-Qt/Bitcoin Core, could allow your bitcoins to be stolen. Immediately updating Bitcoin Core to 0.9.1 is required in some cases, especially if you're using 0.9.0. Download. More info."

...So can we figure out how to fix this in the Ben client, or that something Ben also doesn't know how to do?  God this Open SSL was definitely sabotage in the form of sewing weeds.  So where is the code in the BTC client and shalln't we make the same adjustment to the Ben code?  Ben, do you give even the smallest of f*cks about your work?

edit

Okay so bitcoin QT does not use JSON-RPC but rpcssl=1 made some people nervous, but the client is okay, we assume (until we commoners become skilled 'nough to ken the code fully).  However all servers are the true target, because lazy server admins will have big problems.  So anybody running any server already knows by now that heartbleed is bi directional, in that the attack can go either way, servers can be used as weapon and also malware will be adding this little needle to their toolkit.  Screw all malware authors, just f*cking die already you d*cks.

Anyway I got worried when bitcoin upgraded, because we can use abandoned code if there is no major flaws in it.  But I haven't found any data to suggest the QT client uses JSON-RPC OpenSSL though there is a setting for it, it doesn't use it.  *whew* but server operators better all rotate certs and force password resets and monitor their servers like a hawk.  http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/22gq5e/heartbleed_bug_major_openssl_vulnerability_could/

socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:40:35 PM

Hello,

Thank you

In short it "works" ... just ... but difficulty is so high, and the hashrate so low, that confirms take a very long time (potentially days).  Realistically it could not, at the moment, be used for transactions requiring a reasonably quick confirmation.

Ok, so the coin is useless. Is there a plan to change it? Is someone working on client update to fix this issue?  In my experience with other crashed coins, such bug has to be solved ASAP, or the coin is dead. It is traded on Crypsy, so the coin has value thanks to that, someone fix it, and I will buy as much as possible. If it is not fixed soon, Cryptsy will remove the coin, and there will be no future for it.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:13:48 PM

I'm doing a research project on coin distribution for both older and new coins. I'm interested on gathering some data for top addresses and how much of the coins the top100 have. This along with the number of people (addresses) actually holding any amount of coins.

I have some info from bitinfocharts on a few coins but I really do need some data on other coins along with less exposed or new ones.

If anyone knows an explorer with this feature drop a line.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: