Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:50:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!!  (Read 94313 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 05:36:34 PM

yeah totally luck.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:12:49 PM

yeah totally luck.

I am okay with that.  Just wasn't sure if anything had been changed because those blocks came pretty quick.

But I am sure Ben is working hard, nice work so far.  My main concern is security since that's where existing POS systems fail badly.  Admittedly they do billions in $$$ with no problem, but in this new era, their outdated antique network and devices are a serious weakness.  Therefore, if one doesn't build next-gen POS devices and networks with security first (a new paradigm) then there is no point in doing it at all, else more innocents will just be fleeced.

But anyway, back to the topic, do what you want with the coin, but as for merchants, you need to convince them that it is in their best interests to purchase a mining device A: for TX improvemnts, and B: to pay themselves a bit.  So, if trying to see the future at zero-cost for the merchants, that's not realistic.

But then, merchants are dummies when it comes to tech.  So, it is hard to educate the monied parties, because, the past ways have made them rich.  And, they think they won't lost their money.  But then, all fiat is actually debt, not money.  So, I would say a technically-supported cryptocoin as BEN, is actually more real and more appropriate, than all these debt based fiat systems.

The first nation or concern that goes all in, on some coin or basket of coins, will gain a huge advantage over other players.  I feel sad that America is run by dummies who can't see that.  Or, perhaps that is why they fight BTC and crypto and make fun of it.  That is often what people do, when they are scared.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
Paysha

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:53:14 PM

yeah totally luck.

I am okay with that.  Just wasn't sure if anything had been changed because those blocks came pretty quick.

But I am sure Ben is working hard, nice work so far.  My main concern is security since that's where existing POS systems fail badly.  Admittedly they do billions in $$$ with no problem, but in this new era, their outdated antique network and devices are a serious weakness.  Therefore, if one doesn't build next-gen POS devices and networks with security first (a new paradigm) then there is no point in doing it at all, else more innocents will just be fleeced.

But anyway, back to the topic, do what you want with the coin, but as for merchants, you need to convince them that it is in their best interests to purchase a mining device A: for TX improvemnts, and B: to pay themselves a bit.  So, if trying to see the future at zero-cost for the merchants, that's not realistic.

But then, merchants are dummies when it comes to tech.  So, it is hard to educate the monied parties, because, the past ways have made them rich.  And, they think they won't lost their money.  But then, all fiat is actually debt, not money.  So, I would say a technically-supported cryptocoin as BEN, is actually more real and more appropriate, than all these debt based fiat systems.

The first nation or concern that goes all in, on some coin or basket of coins, will gain a huge advantage over other players.  I feel sad that America is run by dummies who can't see that.  Or, perhaps that is why they fight BTC and crypto and make fun of it.  That is often what people do, when they are scared.

POS system is something that will come later, and most likely be done with mobile apps. We already have lower fees than credit and debit cards, I think merchants will see the benefits right away after they make their first sale or two and see how easy it is

Last I heard, Ben was working on the fork, but having some problems
AllAboutTheBenjaminsBaby (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:12:03 PM

Would you guys prefer faster blocks and quicker difficulty adjustment or merged mining with BTC?

Merged mining would ensure the best network security, and is the route I would prefer, but we would need to find someone to help us put that in. I think it's the best solution to keep the coin supply where it should be, but also increase network hashrate and get it somewhat stable
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 09:42:42 PM

I think longer blocks are best for security. Merged mining would also help that. I think every SHA should be merge mined

crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:11:17 PM

Would you guys prefer faster blocks and quicker difficulty adjustment or merged mining with BTC?

Merged mining would ensure the best network security, and is the route I would prefer, but we would need to find someone to help us put that in. I think it's the best solution to keep the coin supply where it should be, but also increase network hashrate and get it somewhat stable

How does this merged mining work? It is compatible with the pools?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:19:50 PM

POS system is something that will come later, and most likely be done with mobile apps. [...]

That's cool that you have ideas.

But, "mobile apps" are literally just vectors for theft.  I am sorry, I find 99% of so called experts know nothing about preventing theft.  But Paysha is not why I mine Benjamins.  I expect many people will try to provide a service, and I am correct in saying that service begins, with security, and POS is not secure, and so, whomever will succeed, will bring security that works and is open source.

It is true the world is rushing toward tard devices like tablets.  That is stupid and folly.  And yet, we cannot stop them, so there are three choices (since mobile devices CANNOT EVER be made secure), we can 1: become thieves and thugs, or 2: step away from it and call it someone else's problem, or 3: design a coin that becomes the POS solution.  For my Benjamins, I can see many partners trying to bring POS payment process, but I am yet to be convinced there are any brains in these schemes for POS security.  But, bear in mind, I am an IT worker for ten years at the systems level.  Like I said earlier, meetings are mostly just full of stupid ideas.  This idea that POS will come later, fits someone's plan for some idea of theirs, but it's not an idea which has mental bouyancy, just profit.  And profit is not intelligence.  Indeed, the thieves are the best capitalists, but do we call thieves intelligent.

As for BEN blockchain, just do whatever you think is best.  I am mining Benjamins not due to any payment notions, I am mining Benjamins because Benjamin Franklin spoke to me from the spirit world.  I asked "Do you think we can use you image to finally make a decent coin of good worth?" and he said, "Yes, please do so."  And so then I asked, "Why don't you come be born onto Earth again?" and he said "I don't want to come back."   ...This was a pretty honest answer.  It is for that true conversation, that I mine Benjamins.  Make the blockchain useful to the people, and all will be fine in time.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:43:39 PM

[...] how technical professionals can be helpful in improving the security of computer systems and in pushing back against the government's attempts to weaken them. Tech folks can "protect through technical standards" that outrun slower policy changes.

Snowden challenged "makers and thinkers and the development community" to develop technical standards that protect Web privacy, because official sources like the NSA are "setting fire to the future of the Internet." Snowden and Soghoian both emphasized that the most effective way to protect individual citizens from government intrusion is "end-to-end encryption" rather than more obscure and specialized applications designed by and for experts. Protection must be ordinary and by default, not requiring specialized knowledge or "opting-in."

I am just going to post this here, and say that Benjamin Franklin loves anyone who defends the principles of the Constitution of the United States.  That means that he likes Snowden better than any of our other leaders.

Anyway what does it mean to lead?  How would any of you describe leadership?  Because, I see so very little of it in every day life, and on the TV.  But, I feel BEN has leaders who want it to serve the people well.  Let it be so.

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:52:09 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 11:16:16 PM by AllAboutTheBenjaminsBaby

Yea, you might have to do a few tweaks, but pools are capable of it. Basically you mine Bitcoin and the merged coin at the same time with the same hashpower

This would let the network do what it wants to do, but give it the needed hashpower to push forward without changing the coin itself. It's going to be the best option for the situation we are in. However, I will need to find someone that can do this right since it will be a fork and we have a lot of pools and exchanges to get updated

If anyone has any experience putting merged mining into an already launched SHA coin, please contact me
Poogasm

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:34:15 PM

Didn't someone say previously in this thread something about merge mining killing the price of the coin?
I am much too lazy to scroll and reread the entire thread to find who said it.
Is there truth to that? why/how would it kill the price?

Are there any actual drawbacks to merge mining?

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 11:37:06 PM

Yea, you might have to do a few tweaks, but pools are capable of it. Basically you mine Bitcoin and the merged coin at the same time with the same hashpower

This would let the network do what it wants to do, but give it the needed hashpower to push forward without changing the coin itself. It's going to be the best option for the situation we are in. However, I will need to find someone that can do this right since it will be a fork and we have a lot of pools and exchanges to get updated

If anyone has any experience putting merged mining into an already launched SHA coin, please contact me

The software I use doesn't have merged mining capabilities...

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:48:09 PM

The software I use doesn't have merged mining capabilities...

You are still able to mine only Benjamins directly, even if we add merged mining

The biggest drawback is that people will mine BEN without caring about it and likely dump them right away. However, it's a small price to pay for us to piggyback on some BTC hash power and keep the network more secure than no merged mining
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:50:16 PM

Didn't someone say previously in this thread something about merge mining killing the price of the coin?
I am much too lazy to scroll and reread the entire thread to find who said it.
Is there truth to that? why/how would it kill the price?

Are there any actual drawbacks to merge mining?

Well there are people who rate a fork as "urgent" as they have worked with "other coins" that if they did not adjust difficulty appropriately (to make more coins) then the miners stop mining that coin.  Or so the tale goes.

And the person also seems to argue that "Since BTC was built to spend its first months working not with ASIC gear but with CPU power, then it is not realistic to expect a BTC clone to work, because they start with ASIC power from the ge go, and this makes difficulty scale to sharply upward.  Which seems a viable premise.

So, imo it is Ben himself who will get support from owners of the coin.  Anyone can go to cryptsy, and buy 1000 USD worth of BEN and be a major player for change.  Say for example you got Goxxed, well, don't give up, just join the new solutions.  Ben is asking for help so I say lets give it to him, he clearly has a desire to hold the line of integrity on his blockchain, but also, these TX times are probably too slow for merchants so it is a mix.  For example, it takes a long time for confirmations, like sending coins from unconfirmed poolwallet to confirmed pool wallet and then from there to local wallet, etc.  Takes days.

I think coins are inherently political.  But also, politics is inherently about security and safety.  So, while I know many fools get upset if I talk philosophy and history, I think it is appropriate if we are trying to build not just a good blockchain/coin/network here with Benjamins.  Coins are by their very nature, political, and this is because they allow capital flight.  Cryptocurrency is inherently revolutionary and cannot be anything else.  I feel many players who seek wealth early will lose out to the long game which has its sights set on integrity and value and protecting the smallest investor.  As Ben Franklin would do.

Did you know Ben Franklin started the US libraries with his friends who just loved books so much that they just shared their libraries with each other?  As a book lover, I think that's one of the coolest things about the Ben of history.  Well there is Ben Hur but I mean recent centuries.  Recently, we know which Ben is the friend of the common man.  Also, a friend of electricity!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:08:02 AM

I could probably get merged mining to work myself, but I would rather have someone who knows more than me to make sure it's done right. I will probably post a bounty if I can't find anyone who is confident enough

The reason is that it will be a fork. That means a mandatory upgrade and with all the pools and exchanges BEN is on, we need to make sure it's done right the first time
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:53:28 AM

Ben I gotta say I am liking your website being in Russian and Chinese as well, this gives good global penetrations for Benjamins.  And yet I find I cannot see the Chinese characters, they are unicode replacements.  I am not sure if that's a browser issue I need to look into it more because I think it's important to solicit the Chinese in this.  They also are big fans of Benjamin I heard.  His brand is big there.

Hmm okay I also want to build a fiatleak site but for Benjamins.  I need to email the fiatleak dude, that site is a lot of fun and seems fairly easy to build one that does what it does, anytime BTC is traded for BEN, a gong rings and a coin flies up.  Ha, I love fiatleak.  And a LOT of cryptocoin is going into China, and they also have some miners, and will have more miners, I bet.

Poogasm

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:00:17 AM

I am able to see the Chinese characters, running Chrome. If that helps you with your investigation at all.

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:01:57 AM

Ben I gotta say I am liking your website being in Russian and Chinese as well, this gives good global penetrations for Benjamins.  And yet I find I cannot see the Chinese characters, they are unicode replacements.  I am not sure if that's a browser issue I need to look into it more because I think it's important to solicit the Chinese in this.  They also are big fans of Benjamin I heard.  His brand is big there.

Hmm okay I also want to build a fiatleak site but for Benjamins.  I need to email the fiatleak dude, that site is a lot of fun and seems fairly easy to build one that does what it does, anytime BTC is traded for BEN, a gong rings and a coin flies up.  Ha, I love fiatleak.  And a LOT of cryptocoin is going into China, and they also have some miners, and will have more miners, I bet.

https://github.com/andrewhodel/fiatleak
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:09:42 AM

Okay on chinese characters, thanks.

Ben, this github code for fiatleak is awesome, I didn't know he released it on github, but these ref's are .js refs and I am a n00b at javascript but I totally respect his awesome site.  Can anybody help me parse these lines in terms of how they could be fashioned to read the API from Ben's site?  Line by line I think I can figure out what's going on, but this would serve everyone so I would like to make it work correctly in terms of taking a brilliant idea like fiatleak to the next level.  I know there is a fiatleak thread here somewhere too, I will post it if I find it.  I think Ben needs something different than the gong sound, how about a liberty bell?

Help me parse this because I would need to replace gox with something viable, I am guessing cryptsy API which would simply sit and monitor the BEN page on cryptsy and other exchanges?

Code:
// From Andrew Hodel's fiatleak:

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="http://d3lp1msu2r81bx.cloudfront.net/kjs/js/lib/kinetic-v4.7.4.min.js"></script>
<script src="js/worldMap.js"></script>
<script src="js/mtgoxwebsocket.js"></script>
<script src="js/reconnecting-websocket.min.js"></script>
<script src="http://socketio.mtgox.com/socket.io/socket.io.js"></script>
<script src="http://fiatproxy1.jit.su:80/socket.io/socket.io.js"></script>
<script src="js/main.js"></script>

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:18:43 AM

I just wanted to paste this great point from user Armis about security and trust being foremost in any good coin.

From thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=492776

My friend when btc catches a cold, litecoin get's pneumonia, most other coins are either dead or on life-support.   

Trust is what enables the protocol to scale, without the trust mechanism only a few tech-heads around the world will use the protocol, via P2P, OT, and the like.

None of that is worth VC money, or attractive to associated service companies ... long story short, if the system wasn't created with built-in trust, isn't reinforced by trust, or trust cannot be guaranteed then it will never scale.   

The BTC community, and by extension the whole cryptocurrency industry must prove that trust reasonably exists within the btc system for it to survive.

If done right, the cryptocurrency industry can produce TRILLIONAIRES not just millionaires, or billionaires.   

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:56:49 AM

I just wanted to paste this great point from user Armis about security and trust being foremost in any good coin.

From thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=492776

My friend when btc catches a cold, litecoin get's pneumonia, most other coins are either dead or on life-support.   

Trust is what enables the protocol to scale, without the trust mechanism only a few tech-heads around the world will use the protocol, via P2P, OT, and the like.

None of that is worth VC money, or attractive to associated service companies ... long story short, if the system wasn't created with built-in trust, isn't reinforced by trust, or trust cannot be guaranteed then it will never scale.   

The BTC community, and by extension the whole cryptocurrency industry must prove that trust reasonably exists within the btc system for it to survive.

If done right, the cryptocurrency industry can produce TRILLIONAIRES not just millionaires, or billionaires.   

He's right. It's going to go a LOT higher
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: