Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:59:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!!  (Read 94313 times)
Poogasm

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:48:08 AM

I only wish I could afford that $350 biterupter. Or even another Ant.
But I can't, because my daughter insists on have diapers. Silly girl.

If I could, I would, and I would still point it at Ben. Until I see or hear that the coin is declared dead, I am not giving up on it.

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:08:13 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 08:35:02 AM by itsunderstood

I only wish I could afford that $350 biterupter. Or even another Ant.
But I can't, because my daughter insists on have diapers. Silly girl.

If I could, I would, and I would still point it at Ben. Until I see or hear that the coin is declared dead, I am not giving up on it.

In Ben's day they used cloth I suppose.

But in terms of those humans who mine, I'd say <1% of humans are mining.  So, mining isn't like the gold rush, it's actually an ongoing, community-sustained process.  Just like Benjamin Franklin and libraries, for example.  Libraries are not scams to sell some crap idea called "books".  Similarly, blockchain is not just a tool to get marketplace where pump and dump occur.

If you buy some crypto, you aren't investing.  You've exchanged fiat debt.  I can use fractions of Benjamins or any crypto and engage in worldwide commerce with my fellowman while mining and strengthening the blockchain.  This is a good thing.  Person to person transactions based on good personal integrity, is something the cryptocoin community needs.

And as soon as Ben is released from the US Treasury Department kidnappers, we will be right back in the spirit.   Cheesy

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:26:19 AM

BEN is dead right ?
Did not see any pool working right.
Only about 100GH on BEN now.
Sad poor

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:23:32 AM

BEN is dead right ?
Sad poor

BEN is Alive I Tell you, haven't you seen him lol
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 12:26:42 PM

BEN is dead right ?
Sad poor

My pool is working just fine Smiley

http://ben.hasher.ca

It just takes a while to get  block, but wouldn't if someone hit it with some decent hash. That is the only problem right now. The coin can survive if its mined.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:38:35 PM

BEN is dead right ?
Sad poor

Not dead, just kidnapped by those who wish to prevent the spirit of Benjamin F. from being invoked.

hasher.ca is where I am at 24/7

total is 240gh for the Ben network, it was at 50th for a while while the suckminers had it, so the nature of mining is scalable.  So, just because the suckminers are not happy, they will go mine peercoin or whatever.  But none of those coins has the spirit of 1776.

I am happy to mine 24/7 for a 1776 spirit.  I am planning to mine BEN all Summer long and also to understand the source code.  I will be getting my people into this coin because I feel it is the most honest one fielded so far.  So, if you are a miner, then mine, if you are looking to play markets and pump/dump then there probably are better blockchains for that, lots of fluff and flash.  For me, I want something solid, open sourced, and with a 1776 mindset.  I will mine Benjamins ongoing, and I am pretty sure Ben will be released from his evil captors but in the meantime I need to understand the bitcoin source and C++ better so this will be a fun thing to do.  It feels good to mine on principle.  And this also allows me to speak with passion to me friends and neighbors about something meaningful, and connected to 1776.

Every proof of work done on a Benjamin coin, is real in terms of integrity.  Does a FRN fiat debt note have integrity?  Benjamin Franklin knows the difference, do you?

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:42:50 PM

BEN is dead right ?
Sad poor

My pool is working just fine Smiley

http://ben.hasher.ca

It just takes a while to get  block, but wouldn't if someone hit it with some decent hash. That is the only problem right now. The coin can survive if its mined.

Yeah this ones a killer, we are at 215% of projected shares LOL

But it feels good to navigate this canoe downstream until Ben swims back in.  Mining doesn't cost much in comparison to being able to feel you are contributing to a 1776 mindset.  I think about the US Constitution every day, it is a document which is meant to control the power of the government which is why it is so HATED by our leaders.  They hate it because it's supposed to limit them (not that it does, they just use EOs all day).  So I am happy to use my mining gear to reach back to something real, from 1776.

Thanks for being a long term pool, it is too bad pitythepool bailed on their miners, I would have liked to see them wait for people to get their coins confirmed but that's probably too much to ask from them.  You need not just good dedicated miners, you need good pool operators.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:05:41 PM

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-the-us-stock-market-rigged/

Ryan had done work for the high-frequency traders. He knew what they were building and he knew about the colossal amounts of money they were prepared to spend. He told Brad about a company called Spread Networks that had laid a high-speed fiber optic cable from the futures market in Chicago to the exchanges in New Jersey. They spent $300 million just to shave three milliseconds off the fastest route and were leasing access to high-frequency traders at $10 million a pop.

Michael Lewis: From Brad Katsuyama's point of view, when he heard they were willing to spend that kind of money for milliseconds it told him the sums involved were vast. That was one of the first questions he said he had. He says, "All right, I'm getting ripped off. Everybody's getting ripped off. But what does it add up to?" And I think when he heard the story of Spread Networks, he realized this is tens of billions of dollars we're talking about.

^^^ Anyone who held a series 7 license as I did, back prior to 2000, knew that HFT was gonna take over.  I just didn't think the douchebags who are in charge, would allow it to root and destroy the entire US dollar.

The entire system is rigged against the human.

Therefore human, seize the power yourself.  HFT lawsuits/exposure means the whole thing will be falling.  We need 1776 mindset.  We need something which is firewalled against the 100% airtight fraud matrix of fiat money.

REMEMBER: The war of 1776 took roughly 13 years to complete.  That's 40+ seasons of warfare.

The deliberations of the Constitutional Convention of 1787 were held in strict secrecy. Consequently, anxious citizens gathered outside Independence Hall when the proceedings ended in order to learn what had been produced behind closed doors. The answer was provided immediately. A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.

We might update that: A true blockchain, is what Ben has given us.  If we can keep it.  So I am glad that at least somewhere, there is a chance for the noble and frugal and thrifty and correct spirit of 1776 to aid us.  Now is the time we need realness, and real people.

Poogasm

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:21:18 PM

You can keep on about how we need this and that, and call up all the 1776 spirit you want but without more hash, this coin is going to continue to take forever and when anyone looks in, they will see that is the case and not join us.

Ben really needs to pop in here with SOMETHING, anything, to at least let us know he didn't bail.
If there is still a fork in the works, great, there is still a target to work towards. If not, we are slowly going to lose what hashrate we do have until the coin dies.
(or is taken over by someone else, whichever.)

If I had the cash, or even the coin to trade for cash, I would drop the lot of it on more gear to point at hasher.
Even if only to help keep the network alive.
I'll try to win the lotto this week.

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:44:15 PM

[...]

call up all the 1776 spirit you want but without more hash, this coin is going to continue to take forever and when anyone looks in, they will see that is the case and not join us.

[...]

Well, they may also look in, and read the thread, and do the opposite.  They may join us, exactly for the reasons above.

But it's not up to you, nor to me, since we are not able to fork the coin.  Yes, on Earth in our time, the 1776 spirit is as fragile as a budding plum.  But yes, since Ben is MIA ( I don't see how anyone could call it a pump and dump he just made an error in which code he released, and it is easy enough to fork if some 1776 type coder would step up, but we see that: Knowledge of code and knowledge of history, are not compatible.  Most people who are able to fork a coin, don't care about history or they'd have recognized what is happening.

But you are kinda right, in terms of your estimation of this group: Will they see that a blockchain is essentially like a vote?  That mining a blockchain on principle is a vote, of a kind?  I am talking to the future more than the present, you understand.  In terms of voting, shall we call the miners, the electoral college?  They determine what coins we get?  So then when they jump ship, the miners leave, well, isn't that kinda like the "summer soldier and the springtime patriot" of poetic fame?

This is not the time for weakness in terms of shifting to some crappy blockchain, this is the time for realness to come together and mine this thing and fork this thing.  I don't care if hey have to recruit some 15 years old newbie dev to tell Ben how to do it, I am saying, ENOUGH of the crappecoins, let us make one 1776 blockchain work.

But yeah, in many ways you are right: Whatever the bleeding edge of tech-wizards are doing, will probably be 90% meant to rip people off.  I mean that tech knowledge is now used fo evil, most of the time.  In the old days of pre-2001 there was a hope that tech-knowers would make a better world, but no.  They lacked any willpower or courage, and made a more EXPLOITATIVE world for all of us.  I have seen viruses rise from nothing, to gov't controlled weapons.  It is time for a real discussion. 

And if Ben never shows up again, I will assume he was killed by evil assheads who are against true value in money.  Math work done, is valuable.  It may not be valuable in the minds of people who crap on altcoins as a career, but those people are kinda irrelevant. 

In the future, I will still be in this thread, invoking the spirit of Benjamin Franklin, whom Ben admirably did rouse.  The Founding Father spirit is more important than any one man.  In the face of the whole IT industry being populated with assheads, we need something grassroots, and real, and open source.  We have that here, though yes, all the points you make are good.

Poogasm

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:49:45 PM

He cannot merge it or change the block time, so, we need to find someone that can actually do one of those things.
Anyone have any ideas?
I don't, obviously.

I am not talking about taking over the coin, I am saying, we need to get Ben the help he can't find.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:22:44 PM

He cannot merge it or change the block time, so, we need to find someone that can actually do one of those things.
Anyone have any ideas?
I don't, obviously.

I am not talking about taking over the coin, I am saying, we need to get Ben the help he can't find.

Yes that's true, but also, he might be working on doing so.  Others have offered in the thread to help, so I suppose they could respond here, since the source code is open, and all.  They need only prove their merit by analyzing the code. 

Probably it would be easier for a skilled coin forker to just make their own coin and call it "Ghengis" or "Loyola"  ...But here we have the spirit of common sense; Benjamin Franklin.  Father of libraries.

Therefore, I am seeing this as more of an opportunity to understand the bitcoin and altcoin issues as a larger problem in terms of the crew of pumpers/dumpers/ and the dev cloud who enables them.  This ain't like "Microsoft Money(tm)" failing, wherein their source code would be closed.  This actually is open sourced and so what matters is what sorts of people are inspired by open source.  Any of us can read the code and see how Ben "fucked up" as he admits.  It's not even a really big fuck up, it's minor for a developer.  But, maybe also he has been kidnapped?  I will continue to learn C++, read the code and continue to mine in the 1776 spirit.

Also I would point out that Ben said the block explorer was constantly getting DDOSes and I expect it still is, since I can't get it to load either.  So it's kinda fog of war at this time.

AllAboutTheBenjaminsBaby (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:30:21 PM

The two options: adding merged mining, or changing the block time, are two things I can't do. Still trying to find someone that will help. I've even offered bounties in BEN or BTC

If we can be merge mined, we can jump on any of the SHA pools that will add it. It's free BEN to anyone mining the standard coin. Or there is Fusion, which is set up as a second chain. So if anyone knows how to set up a pool, you can set it to mine Benjamins, and mine Fusion at the same time, like DIEM just did here: http://fusioncoin.org/pools/DIEM/public

Not sure who set their pool up, but if BEN gets merge mining added to it, we can be added to any pool that merge mines any SHA coins

It's not hard for someone who knows how to do it, I just don't know how

Poogasm

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:37:12 PM

Okay then, let's get this shit done.
Pick one and then we make it happen, somehow.

doctormandrake

Activity: 452

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:47:56 PM

My vote is blocktime.

Poogasm

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:51:56 PM

My vote is blocktime.

I know it is. So is mine.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:55:58 AM

The two options: adding merged mining, or changing the block time, are two things I can't do. Still trying to find someone that will help. I've even offered bounties in BEN or BTC

If we can be merge mined, we can jump on any of the SHA pools that will add it. It's free BEN to anyone mining the standard coin. Or there is Fusion, which is set up as a second chain. So if anyone knows how to set up a pool, you can set it to mine Benjamins, and mine Fusion at the same time, like DIEM just did here: http://fusioncoin.org/pools/DIEM/public

Not sure who set their pool up, but if BEN gets merge mining added to it, we can be added to any pool that merge mines any SHA coins

It's not hard for someone who knows how to do it, I just don't know how

No problem, that's a fair answer and it is good to hear from you.  Did you add any comments to your main.cpp code or is all the commenting from satoshi??

nickbiker

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:38:13 AM

I followed this thread for the last 3 weeks and would like to help out :-) I've just dedicated my 2 180 GH Antminers to this pool. Let's hope we can get this moving again. I understand one of the Benjamins developers are from Australia? I live in Melbourne, let's catch up for a drink mate, and cheer one up again. Where there's a will there's a way.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 02:42:01 AM

I followed this thread for the last 3 weeks and would like to help out :-) I've just dedicated my 2 180 GH Antminers to this pool. Let's hope we can get this moving again. I understand one of the Benjamins developers are from Australia? I live in Melbourne, let's catch up for a drink mate, and cheer one up again. Where there's a will there's a way.

Thanks! Finding blocks already Smiley

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:47:11 AM

Nice spirit nick I see you just pushed us past that insane 100+ hour block on hasher.ca.  Way to be.  I knew once I saw you there things would move.  Now all we need is Henry Ford from pitythepool...  Maybe ptp will give Ben another month?  HenryFord was awesome over there.

Well, things are moving now, all we need to do is obtain dev help for Ben.

Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: