Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:17:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!!  (Read 94313 times)
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:27:34 PM

I'm pretty sure BEN is a lost cause now Unfortunately, I am a Holder as well Sad

Mined block confirmations are taking days, weeks, months you can't even send BEN quickly anymore it's like 3 days - 1 week for a transaction Sad

I got to admit, the Security is good for the above reasons, like a Titanium Door behind another Titanium door and so on.

KGW will kill the Coin, Short block time will also ruin the coin for it being a Sha-256 Cryptocurrency, But a 10 minute blocktime which in reality is 10Hours+ to solve a block is pretty Harsh as well as the insane Difficulty considering not many People mine anymore except a few, its hard to keep things running smoothly.

Bounties & BTC have been offered to Fork & or Merge Mine BENjamins but there are no takers, even people mucking around with the source are having troubles with it.

I really don't know what to say other than BEN is a Diamond in the Dirt !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Poogasm

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:27:14 PM

Who is offering BTC?
For that matter, who is offering Bounties of any sort?
Dev is gone, so who is offering what and where are they offering it? (other than the mention of a ben bounty at the top of the thread...)

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
socoban

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:01:58 PM

I'm pretty sure BEN is a lost cause now Unfortunately, I am a Holder as well Sad

Mined block confirmations are taking days, weeks, months you can't even send BEN quickly anymore it's like 3 days - 1 week for a transaction Sad

I got to admit, the Security is good for the above reasons, like a Titanium Door behind another Titanium door and so on.

KGW will kill the Coin, Short block time will also ruin the coin for it being a Sha-256 Cryptocurrency, But a 10 minute blocktime which in reality is 10Hours+ to solve a block is pretty Harsh as well as the insane Difficulty considering not many People mine anymore except a few, its hard to keep things running smoothly.

Bounties & BTC have been offered to Fork & or Merge Mine BENjamins but there are no takers, even people mucking around with the source are having troubles with it.

I really don't know what to say other than BEN is a Diamond in the Dirt !

BEN is dead. I love it, but the FUD spread by itsunderstood member, killed all the discussion how to fix the problem. Doesn't matter how it will be fixed, even copy&past of other cool coin sourcecode + using old chain will help ben more, than few days confirmation time. Like DMD did, they turned to POS and got 10x value. Do it with ben, and it will skyrocket. And first thing to do, is to remove all posts from itsunderstood, he is sick and his posts completly destroyed trust in this coin.
Poogasm

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:52:02 PM

[
BEN is dead. I love it, but the FUD spread by itsunderstood member, killed all the discussion how to fix the problem. Doesn't matter how it will be fixed, even copy&past of other cool coin sourcecode + using old chain will help ben more, than few days confirmation time. Like DMD did, they turned to POS and got 10x value. Do it with ben, and it will skyrocket. And first thing to do, is to remove all posts from itsunderstood, he is sick and his posts completly destroyed trust in this coin.

DMD?

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 02:17:25 AM

For what it's worth:

We've migrated this coin to our new servers (Updated stratum URL). Now with DDoS protection and faster all around!

Earn some BEN mining at the Hasher pool:

http://ben.hasher.ca

PPLNS
Mobile Friendly
VARDIFF Support
Worker/Block/Payout Notifications
DDoS Protection

Happy Hashing!

We've now added BEN to our new multipool site. Simple mining, no accounts. Just mine with your BEN address:

http://multi.hasher.ca

Check it out!

Happy Hashing!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:29:22 AM

[quoting myself for ease of reference]

This video is awesome.  What I love about TF is his humility yet keen mind.

This interview is a must listen, and the interviewer is also very smart.  GO TO 36:00 in, to hear the culmination of what is the truth:

I will step in and lay it down for you very simply here:   The question tabled is: "Does a collapse in China credit markets mean an upward momentum for the price of gold?"  A simple question, but notice how truthfully a master sage like TF answers it.  He actually allows the interviewer, to say the answer, and then kinda nods in agreement.  Haha, I could listen to TF all day, we need him to have his own national broadcast at NBA star wages, asap.

Okay so the answer is surely given here in this video.  China and USD and Ruble and Euro, are all essentially pegged as if by Ahab's spear, to Bitcoin.  When BTC drops below [insert number] there are always smart people (imo) snatching up shares/coins of the genesis blockchain, the big boy, BTC.  So, I am saying, all nations fiats are pegged to the bigblockchain, BTC.

Okay so, this is where the curveball comes in as these very smart men, discuss gold, they talk about the tactician, James Rickards, who played CHINA, hehe, as far as I can recall, in his money-wars simulation run by the DOD.  Hehe, it is also like that game [insert WW2 game here] where you can choose your nation and yes, during war time, economy becomes both weapon and shield.

Anyway, as everyone who studies James Rickards' work knows his book [ http://www.amazon.com/Currency-Wars-Making-Global-Crisis/dp/1591845564/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1398016901 ] wherein the game I am talking about, is described by him.  Okay so what happens in terms of war strat money war sim is this [THIS IS MY THEORY COMBINED WITH THESE GREAT MINDS ABOVE WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW ME and actually I haven't read Jim's book only listened to his interviews]:

1: Both China and the US reveal shadow comex GLD holders (corporate-clouds) and China has more, and so they call gold, and comex fails but it's done slowly.  Already may be happening imo.
2: As TF points out at 37:00 it makes sense for China to then peg to true gold price once suppression is revealed (jim wille style gold reset)
3: gold (real in hand or deliverable) literally skyrockets along with all suppressed metals in hand that one can hold/ship.  ALSO CONTRACTS MATTER HERE RE: cryptocoin as contract blockchain transaction machine.
4: naturally, again, mining commences, land rights, water rights, etc
5: Real war may happen under the cover of simply mining companies who need to find metals for the banks/economy emergency.  <<< It sounds silly and simple but it's obviously the simplest way to field war machine along with earthmoving and riflemen to guard the sites.  END THEORY.

...So that's the cloudy vision I see, of the potantial future throw-down between these monetary state gunfighters. 

Hehe, what would Benjamin Franklin have thought of the Old Weste?  To him it would be The Future West, haha!  Ohhh, meme incoming, I think Wasteland Benjamin looks good in any era, or universe, don't you?

Anyway, I am thinking of some kind of micro-scale market whereby Benjamins are pegged to metals.  Since their price is suppressed as well, far too low for a nice float of 2.4 million coins (or so?) and an open skeletal blockchain which is the child of 1000s of brilliant developers who worked for free on a lot of it!  What a great time for humans to know their surroundings!  Mine Benjamins with me friends, and let us see what we can make of the future.

I really enjoy reading your posts.   You are a bright star in the midst of a big dark void here and thank you for your insights and visions. 
romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:31:29 AM

Anyway, I am thinking of some kind of micro-scale market whereby Benjamins are pegged to metals.  Since their price is suppressed as well, far too low for a nice float of 2.4 million coins (or so?) and an open skeletal blockchain which is the child of 1000s of brilliant developers who worked for free on a lot of it!  What a great time for humans to know their surroundings!  Mine Benjamins with me friends, and let us see what we can make of the future.

Have you looked at any of the precious metal exchanges that accept bitcoin?   May be a place to start.   One place I found is Agora Commodities. 
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:21:07 AM

150 hours 29 minutes 36 seconds since last Block on http://ben.hasher.ca Pool

That is just Ridiculous, any change in Difficulty/Block time will make these coins worthless even more than they already are !

I'm a BEN holder but it's the Truth Sad

Even the Heartbleed Fix hasn't been Adhered to, it's still running on the old OpenSSL...
Poogasm

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:36:58 AM

That is just Ridiculous, any change in Difficulty/Block time will make these coins worthless even more than they already are !

Even the Heartbleed Fix hasn't been Adhered to, it's still running on the old OpenSSL...

Lay out for me your suggestions. Please. Do you have any?

Not that I am the one to fix things, I am just as lost as many others when it comes to fixing this. (though I too am trying to learn.)

This sucks donkey penor. I am very fond of this coin, though not as fond as itsunderstood seems to be, and I really had high hopes.
Even with the mistake made by the dev, the coin was worth fixing then, I wish he had not bailed.

socoban

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:35:30 PM

Solution is easy, make a donation fund for BEN, than offer those BEN to developer who will change BEN to POS coin, than there will not be any additional mining, just POS rewards, like Black Coin. No more BEN mining, no more problems with dificulty, just cool coin.
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 05:17:59 PM

Solution is easy, make a donation fund for BEN, than offer those BEN to developer who will change BEN to POS coin, than there will not be any additional mining, just POS rewards, like Black Coin. No more BEN mining, no more problems with dificulty, just cool coin.

Interesting idea. How do transactions get processed in this POS setup?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
socoban

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:42:06 PM

Interesting idea. How do transactions get processed in this POS setup?

Pos coins are not mineable, it means,at first they are either mined or somehow distributed. Than owners of POS coins get reward every month/weak/year for beeing online and keeping network working. Check Black coin, or Diamond coin, Diamond went from POW to POW/POS and got 10x value increase. Right now BEN are very rare, so with all the rare coins POS will make atractive them for keeping, because more you own, the more you get as reward when you are keeping network online. Also, there is not mining, so there are not any huge requirements for hardware, in fact even mobile phone wallet can be used for getting POS stakes. Simple rule, the more your walet is online, the more coins wallet owns, the more stake coins owner gets as reward.
Poogasm

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:49:33 PM

itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:27:38 AM

Have you looked at any of the precious metal exchanges that accept bitcoin?   May be a place to start.   One place I found is Agora Commodities. 

Wow!  Thanks, I have stayed away from this thread been doing other things (and mining 24/7 hehe) watching price get bashed but all cryptocoins gettin bashed.

Hmm...  It is dangerous to convert crypto to bullion except if we keep Ben at hobbyist levels like abks do with children, so, like, 200 USD value in placer gold would be the max, I haven't even gone to see my guy yet because I am working other threads and playing war sims, planning for WW3, essentially, but yes, I plan to mine right through whatever comes, we will need crypto come hell or high water.

You make me think!  Thanks friend, and to all who see long term value in an open, blockchain with 2.4 million coins, total market cap is what 10k USD???  That's less than a motor home, we could do a lot with this code and this blockchain.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:31:12 AM

I really enjoy reading your posts.   You are a bright star in the midst of a big dark void here and thank you for your insights and visions.  

You humble me.  Hehe but I see more chatter here now that I shut the heck up.  Cheesy

Okay so what's up with hasher.ca?

Also, does anyone think mining is a viable thing?  If anything, we need to somehow get grass roots level mining among the kids or future generation.  If a kid gets 30 USD in allowance, then parent, teach them to mine Benjamins and ken the code, I'd say.

Smiley  Okay well, anyway, YOU I love.  Hehe thanks romeshomey but half the people are thinking 'don't encourage him'  ...Hehe, I am playing it slow, mining Ben 24/7 in the spirit of rebellion, frankly.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:40:11 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 05:50:41 PM by itsunderstood

We just wanted to let you all know that we'd really like you all to start mining on our new system. It has been tested and is working very well.

This new system doesn't require any account, you can simply mine using your own Benjamins address and any password. We will soon be turning off the MPOS pool and re-directing all web traffic to the new site:

Check it out now for connection details and start mining. Payments are sent directly to your BEN payment address.

Cheers and Happy Hashing!

Okay I am now on multi  ...Thanks for sticking with the original 1776 blockchain hasher.ca you guys are the best and hopefully there will be more miners and pools who crave liberty and open code and noble ghosts of the past.  Canada is a 1776 player as well, there is much to love about Canada.  Smiley

Welp, aheh, I am working another forum these days, I am not working this thread but it is dear to my heart.  I am gratified by the buying of Benjamins I see, support in tiny amounts.  However, this blockchain is not hard to buy stock in, so, please do get the buying going.  Also, we need miners, so, come to this thread and ask any questions you have about mining.  No question is too "nooby", just ask us, we will help.

I am forming up my next Wasteland Ben meme, but, I am holding off, simply because the world is such a state of potentiality, that I hesitate to release my full schema for what this meme can become.  I will say I am a pretty good artist, and I haven't ever flexed this particular thing called forums, in the visual modality.  Oh, I am known on three key forums of conspiracy researchers, [censored], [censored], and ATS, which is in my tagline below.

As someone said earlier in the thread "I think you have mental problems, and you are naive, and also, I am buying Benjmains long because it is a great idea."  Hehe, wow that guy summed it all up.  So, I have no problem using this thread to say hello to you all in a new forum, a fourth one, non conspiracy related.  Hehe.  Hmmmmmm where are all the cryptocoin threads on ATS??  I want an index.  OH by the way if you visit ATS, use an adblocker like Ghostery (Firefox plugin) because ATS is intolerable if you have to put up with all their ads.  I really don't go there any more but they do hold a good part of my conspiracy research between the years 2005 and 2007 or so.

And as I said, I have been published in Scientific American magazine in 2003 regarding the subject of cloud computing, which is just now peaking.  Basically I told them cloud computing is a load of horseshit, and haha, they published my letter!  Hehe, that still makes me laugh, even now as they push the final total-war cloud front onto all the corporations.

As my friend earlier in the thread said, "As we know, tablets cannot be made secure" and this person was right.  So, if you bought into A: tablets, B: cloud computing, or C: anything that makes your security weaker, then you bought the product of engineers and steering committees, not regular grass roots techheads.  

What is hacking?  I'd say simply put it is working AROUND the mass of idiot engineers whose game clearly shows they don't want the people to muck around with things.  They want us using disposable products, being dumb and wasteful.

And shall fiat money also remain disposable product?  Or, shalln't ye control your own means of exchange?  Hmmm.

I will let this thread sit for a while, things are kinda just perfect.  Thanks again to all who hold the spirit of 1776 long, close to their breast.  Join us, mine Benjamins with us.  E'en the wounded eagle lying on the battlefield, with but a little support, shall take flight again and be a beacon of hope to all!

crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 06:12:52 PM

We just wanted to let you all know that we'd really like you all to start mining on our new system. It has been tested and is working very well.

This new system doesn't require any account, you can simply mine using your own Benjamins address and any password. We will soon be turning off the MPOS pool and re-directing all web traffic to the new site:

Check it out now for connection details and start mining. Payments are sent directly to your BEN payment address.

Cheers and Happy Hashing!

Okay I am now on multi  ...Thanks for sticking with the original 1776 blockchain hasher.ca you guys are the best and hopefully there will be more miners and pools who crave liberty and open code and noble ghosts of the past.  Canada is a 1776 player as well, there is much to love about Canada.  Smiley

Great, thanks. Make sure you've updated your stratum URL to:

stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3394

Username = <your BEN address>
Password = <anything>

I don't see any miners on the new pool yet, so just making sure.

Cheers, and Happy Hashing!

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:34:16 PM

Password = <anything>

http://multi.hasher.ca:81/ does not load on my VPN machine, but yes, I do see myself there (on another non VPN machine).

QUESTION: What happens to my coins in the old ben.hasher wallet?  Will they cycle to my address?  Hehe, not that value in USD is a problem now since the shorts are cratering Benjamins, hehe.  I will be mining Benjamins on into the eons, since I am called by a 1776 ghost.

Soooo, what can you tell me about this multi pool, other than the awesomeness of getting payouts right to my wallet address (great), what benefits and potential drawbacks on this crackfoo?  Hehe, I mean, Benjmains is basically a hobby blockchain and that's fine, so hopefully you can just post how you see things going during this transition, for those of us mining?

crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 07:30:06 PM

Password = <anything>

http://multi.hasher.ca:81/ does not load on my VPN machine, but yes, I do see myself there (on another non VPN machine).

QUESTION: What happens to my coins in the old ben.hasher wallet?  Will they cycle to my address?  Hehe, not that value in USD is a problem now since the shorts are cratering Benjamins, hehe.  I will be mining Benjamins on into the eons, since I am called by a 1776 ghost.

Soooo, what can you tell me about this multi pool, other than the awesomeness of getting payouts right to my wallet address (great), what benefits and potential drawbacks on this crackfoo?  Hehe, I mean, Benjmains is basically a hobby blockchain and that's fine, so hopefully you can just post how you see things going during this transition, for those of us mining?

I will keep the other pool online until all the blocks have been confirmed. First will will shut down the stratum server for it, so no new blocks get in the queue.

The new pool is faster, can handle more miners. I'll be added more features like, auto profit switching stratum ports for each algo that's hosted. So user's can choose to only mine the most profitable coins. Eventually it may even be possible to add auto trading as well, but I'm not sure about that yet.

It's just a simpler interface for both user's and me Smiley

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 12:32:19 AM

I have posted on other meaningless threads on other forumz on Ye Internetes, about SCADA systems and Eugene Kaspersky's excellent speech to the Australian press club.  So, in trying to work more on this forum, I am keeping my heartbleed posts on this thread.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/28/siemens_plugs_heartbleed_vuln_in_scada_kit/

Anyway, don't let tech scare you!  Mine Benjamins with me and every day you will know you work for freedom and liberty.

Haha, oh and I am helping a Fortune 500 company with their domain migration this week so will be a bit busy.  I knew this Heartbleed thing would get me some certs and domain replacement work.  NICE.  Even us old grunts with common sense can be useful.

But I am mining Benjamins 24/7 friends, know that.

Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: