Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:06:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!!  (Read 94313 times)
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:58:35 AM

I'm afraid mining is in almost no way a technical or engineering activity, it's geeky but that's about it. Especially with most small ASICs.

What makes a "good" blockchain?

I have no clue what a "1776 modality" is I am afraid.

Yes, I have mining hardware, but I don't mine "a cryptocoin".

While is is tru that both churning butter and mining, are as you say "not technical", what I gather from your post is that YOU are technical, is that right?  Yes, most people do not churn their own butter, nor do I.  Making cryptocoin, however, needn't be technical, to be epically useful, do you agree?

As to what a modality is, it is a state.  Do you know what the word means?

As for 1776, it is a year, do know what that year was in history?

As for hardware you aren't using, why do you not mine Benjamins?  Does your nation have a Constitution?  I am saying this is a good set of questions for us to have our talk.

I truly appreciate you bringing up these issues, I am eager to discuss them with an equal mind!  How did you get so smart as to see through bitcoin or did you cash out??  Do you buy or play trading markets?  Thanks for giving me something to respond to, the silence is truly sad.

Yes, I know what the word means, what I do not understand is what "you" mean by that phrase.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Michelle Ferrybtc

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:42:26 AM

Hope is a good coin, more and more people to participate!
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:23:24 PM

Yes, I know what the word means, what I do not understand is what "you" mean by that phrase.

If I use the word "modality" and you know what it means, then where is your confusion?

The modality you are in, determines your will, your intent.  Do you understand will and intent?

So the 1776 modality = the 1776 will.

Join me, and mine Benjamins.  Or, try to bring your will to whatever modality you operate in each day.  My profession was computers, before they were complete crapped upon by the corporations who make them.  Whats your resume, and is it still a valid industry with benefits and such?  Or has it been hollowed out like the US IT industry?  See, that's part of why I see mining as a rebellious political act.  Because my trade and industry was destroyed by people with no brains and no good vision.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:24:03 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 06:36:12 PM by itsunderstood

Me too Michelle!  Do you mine any coin?  I would be happy to help you get mining Benjamins, we need miners, as always.

- Josh

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:41:10 PM

Americans live under the COTUS but don't care about it.  ANALYSIS = You can live without thinking.

And so my friend above says "mining is not a technical activity" well actually it is, very technical, but now reduced to the semi-simplicity of the biterupter cube and the Ants, etc.  So, like working on engine is specialized, you don't expect mechanics to make your car break, however, the devs who are mechanics for cryptocoins, are not designing the BEST things for the people.  ...Yet.

So, I definately see mining as a vote.  Every second I am mining Benjamins in the 1776 spirit (modality, will) means I am voting about ALL THE OTHER THINGS I BELIEVE.

Indeed, some of these BTC devs who made Benjamins clone of BTC what it is, see themselves as uber-tech, like, above the world.  Which is fine, but are developers gonna give us a BILL OF RIGHTS?

And since developers cannot give us our rights, nor can they delineate them, and since money is being wrecked left and right, then it is in full understanding and good faith that I ask you all to emulate me and mine Benjamins blockchain in spirit, and purchase and hold them as if they are the gold of the future.

doctormandrake

Activity: 452

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:08:49 AM

I was backreading and JUST saw the post about sending another benji and sure enough it was there, the timestamp is "4/14/2014 23:19"       and to calibrate im at 12:07am my time(cest) (so whatever that equals to your respective timezone)

tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:56:32 AM

If I use the word "modality" and you know what it means, then where is your confusion?

The modality you are in, determines your will, your intent.  Do you understand will and intent?

So the 1776 modality = the 1776 will.

Join me, and mine Benjamins.  Or, try to bring your will to whatever modality you operate in each day.  My profession was computers, before they were complete crapped upon by the corporations who make them.  Whats your resume, and is it still a valid industry with benefits and such?  Or has it been hollowed out like the US IT industry?  See, that's part of why I see mining as a rebellious political act.  Because my trade and industry was destroyed by people with no brains and no good vision.

And how exactly will mining Benjamins change or influence that?  I'm sorry to say that Benjamins are probably a long way down the list of crypto-currencies that the political establishment are going to be worried about.  If you really want to be rebellious I would have thought putting your effort into something that has a chance of making a difference would be more successful.  Realistically that means Bitcoin.

As for words and meanings, just because the words are understood, does not mean that the resulting sentence  is meaningful.  Here is a simple example:

"I'm going to the butcher to sell a pint of bread."

I expect you understand all the words but what the heck does it mean?
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:53:43 PM

Me too Michelle!  Do you mine any coin?  I would be happy to help you get mining Benjamins, we need miners, as always.

- Josh

She won't be mining it.
It's one of those damn bots posting the same phrases in all threads.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:22:10 PM

She won't be mining it.
It's one of those damn bots posting the same phrases in all threads.

Heheh damn bots.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:39:55 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 05:08:38 PM by itsunderstood

And how exactly will mining Benjamins change or influence that?  I'm sorry to say that Benjamins are probably a long way down the list of crypto-currencies that the political establishment are going to be worried about.  If you really want to be rebellious I would have thought putting your effort into something that has a chance of making a difference would be more successful.  Realistically that means Bitcoin.

As for words and meanings, just because the words are understood, does not mean that the resulting sentence  is meaningful.  Here is a simple example:

"I'm going to the butcher to sell a pint of bread."

I expect you understand all the words but what the heck does it mean?

Fair enough, let me explain; You cannot deliver bread in pints, that's a solid and a pint measures liquid.

Also, the butcher doesn't typically take bread, since logically, he is a butcher.  So, you are trying to say that I am as confused as your statement.  But I am not.

So, since you typed some words, and are apparently trying to get ME to understand your own confusion, then I am happy to assist.

So,

do you understand the Consitution as a document which is a debt document?
do you understand it is based on silver and gold as REAL money?
do you understand that in some circles, cryptocurrency is seen as a vehicle not unlike money?
do you understand that I am describing the root of all Earthly control; Money and the national documents that determine what money is, and what debts (war debts) are traded for what rights?

Okay so then to your point:

"long way down the list of crypto-currencies that the political establishment are going to be worried about.  If you really want to be rebellious I would have thought putting your effort into something that has a chance of making a difference would be more successful.  Realistically that means Bitcoin."

Hehe, I see your point.  Do you mine and hold BTC?

You assume I want to "worry" the political establishment?  Haha, no, I couldn't care less what they do, I have ZERO respect for them and I do not vote, and I laugh at the state of the world, run by hundreds of fools who use lawyers as they weaponry.  I don't give a damn what these false, unskilled leaders of this world, do.  Theirs is a private club, and a doomed one imo.

So yes you make an excellent point, BTC is far more of a threat and a thing to make the politicians "worried"  --BUT NOT REALLY because I believe Mark K. is a puppet due to Silk Road, and so your point is what exactly?  Do I intend to make Benjamins into BTC??  Do I want Silk Road type business people?  Do I want FBI to steal coins of the blockchain?  Don't get me wrong tho, I had BTC stolen in my SR wallet like many others.  I know the FBI to see themselves as superior to the dumb old dusty unread Constitution.  They know they can steal BTC at will, and wreck it.

However, to continue on your point, no, I don't want Ben to be that.  But, any popular money is gonna be used for every black market people can buy.  Everything you can name, flows through the BTC pipeline.  Babies, drugs, murder, all thingsss.  That is the nature of darkness which BTC allows, as do all cryptocoins.

But in this Case, Benjamins is a hobby blockchain, super slow, absurdly difficult, mostly useless at this time.  No, it's nothing but a principle.  A kite that one or two people are trying to tug the string to get more interest in.  

I explained the concept of "will" to you.  Just know this: I am real, I used to be a stockbroker but was too honest for that, and also I have some, limited tech ability.  Therefore, when I choose to put myself into a spot on the IP network and stand my ground and tell you this has meaning, then I am doing so with full understanding of what is at stake.

So, as I said, I do hold BTC and of course it's a great thing, I expect it to go much higher.  So what has Ben got to do with that?  I submit to you that I and others in this thread and of course the sock puppet account "AllAboutTheBenjamins" have fielded a blockchain here, honestly and forthrightly, that is the first original 1776 blockchain, to which the ghost of Benjamin Franklin himself has been summoned.

I am prepared to discuss all founding documents of history, including but not limited to: The Bible, The Magna Carta, and yes, The United States Constitution.  Let me know if you have questions about founding documents, money and markets, and or cryptocoin.  Thanks!

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:42:01 PM

I was backreading and JUST saw the post about sending another benji and sure enough it was there, the timestamp is "4/14/2014 23:19"       and to calibrate im at 12:07am my time(cest) (so whatever that equals to your respective timezone)

Hey Doc hmmm...  let me check, I think it's still approx 3 days for a Ben to make it through, I appreciate the update!!

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:19:18 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 04:54:38 PM by itsunderstood

I'm also gonna say this:

When I first came to bitcointalk.org, I was a "conspiracy nut" right from the start.  I think that was shortly after the Cyprus bank thefts (bail in).

So, I have dialed my conspiracy research analysis way down, and have not included that, in my posts here, which mostly were kept only to the MARKETS > SERVICE forums, as MtGox purposefully kept the deposit window open, and literally just robbed the whole world, at some level or another.

I never had much in Gox at all, like 1.21 USD when they decided to go full bore theft.  But what I did know, was that people were going to get f*cked, I knew that for sure.  So, you can see me and users like Donk4U were in the Mt Gox thread, play by play, as they kept the deposit window open, and stole, stole, STOLE, until the thing went dead.

You know what I said, when this was going down?  I said "They should just kill power to the servers."  But, nobody listened to me.  That was when Gox still had value in their coins, if they had done what I said, they'd have saved much value.

8% of the BTC blockchain gone, into the vault of the FBI.  Or, into wherever land, if you prefer.

Also, missing airplanes, world War 3 shaping up (at least economically) and many other reasons to put your will and electricity behind Benjamins.  In so doing your mind will agree with what Benjamin Franklin had intended: That men and women be free of petticoats and similarly constrictive authorities.

So, really now, I am here for a reason, and it is to be a voice.  Challenge me, please.  Contest and pull at me, please.  See if you can defeat my mind or my processing skills.  Do as you will.  But, please do mine and hold Benjamins with me, as you do so, because the developers of today, will not give us a Bill of Rights.  We need a blockchain with open code that we can modify as a group (unlike BTC which has flown beyond grassroots political control).

Let our eyes remain simple.  Let our hearts remain true to the core, that others may repect us for our vision.  And let the thing be carried on the back of me and my compatriots who understand, and mine Benjamins, not necessarily for price, but for the sake of saving a vote, in our future.

edit

changed 20 to 8  ...MtGox only stole 8% of all bitcoins out there.  But exchanges, in a way, are part of the issue.  I must here tip the cap to Cryptsy, for being good to carry Benjamins, I don't think the Cryptsy guy will be a total piece of sh*t like Mark K. was and remains.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:16:06 PM

- Josh

I fuckin outed myself to the Internet and its a robot?

God damn it Michelle, you are the better robot than Hal or Skynet.  Your simplicity is awe inspiring.

Cheesy

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 06:30:07 PM

Come get your BEN!

Now with individual worker stats! See your submitted/invalid shares as well as your hashing speed!

http://www.hasher.ca

2% fee PROP reward system
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
ProfitPorts (beta testing now)

To mine:

Username: your BEN wallet address OR Global Key (Used for ProfitPorts too)
Password: anything
BEN (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3394

Benjamins go straight to your wallet once the block is confirmed. We don't hold your BEN!

Cheers and Happy Hashing!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
doctormandrake

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:04:46 PM

Hey Doc hmmm...  let me check, I think it's still approx 3 days for a Ben to make it through, I appreciate the update!!

No worries, keep that 1776 going Smiley
doctormandrake

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:06:37 PM

http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2014/02/20/the-benjamin-franklin-effect-mcraney/

doctormandrake

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:04:56 PM

hmmm, i wonder if the chain could just be forked to include some kind of pos system, seems like that is good for keeping chains from locking up like ben has.

thoughts?

anyone with any ideas no matter how crazy, toss em in the pool, lets get a braintrust of good and bad ideas

I dunno, popped into me noggin.
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:33:25 PM

hmmm, i wonder if the chain could just be forked to include some kind of pos system, seems like that is good for keeping chains from locking up like ben has.

thoughts?

anyone with any ideas no matter how crazy, toss em in the pool, lets get a braintrust of good and bad ideas

I dunno, popped into me noggin.

Well if you mean Point of Sale, then thats what we discussed a while back in the thread.

I was a POS tech and I know the registers are just PCs with serial devices anyway.  So yeah, Raspberry Pi with tiny Antminer would accomplish what Ben needs:

A: More miners
B: More transactions

....so as to move faster.  But how to design and entice the merchants to use such a device?  As I have said from the start, you have to somehow get merchants to see that registers should be miners.  It's obvious to everyone who is not stupid, that a biterupter has native crypto and would easily make a great POS register platform shell.  I can't do everything, but yes, I can see and know what will work.  However I live in the country and there's not much jobs or capital, I am just one poor smart dude.

But in the end Doc, I loved your outstanding article you posted above.  I want to comment on it at length but it kinda speaks for itself.  Thanks a lot.

Also I think the POS system just needs to go through its death cycle before the merchants will be softened up enough to accept better form factors and maybe even better corporate bodies which run this country,

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:36:23 PM

Just to keep the thread useful in a true global context (like Benjamin Franklin was)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlH3tjBZ-O4

Gold and silver are totally fixed, there is no real price discovery from these ghost markets of botville.

So, the reason I am trying to gather metals and cryptocoin up on the same mental fist, is because they belong together as concepts.

However, if I price my gold nugget in either USD or Ben, I am losing, as those vehicles are price surpressed.  So I would obviously NOT sell my tiny bit of placer gold nugget.  I would hold for life, because holding gold in hand has been the best investment for the last 100 years.

How would anyone have had the strength of hands to hold metals after 1933 gold thefts and complete price manips?  Well, I don't know the answer, but I did relocate closer to placer claims because I intend to own a claim myself.

So I am sketching slowly, a small mining company which I might sell shares in.  As a former stockbroker and current licensed insurance agent, I am comfortable I have the knowledge to not screw people --AS those industries are doing now on a massive scale.

I have studied crime, particularly the MtGox crime, I feel well poised to run a small mining company which mines both Benjamins in the 1776 modality, but also mining actual placer claims and posting the nuggets I find, in this thread.

But would I trade gold for diapers?  Not until I get some kids I guess, hehe. 

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:20:54 PM

Key concepts here: "Bid back"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8o_Je5agBc

- 1980 Dealer price for physical: Dealer pays 35 per oz.
- ONLY FUTURES can allow you to realize the 50 per oz. fake price.
QUESTION:  price spike is an event unike or like LIBOR fix and London spot fix?

Find a way to sell your silver-on-paper, without a futures account. Short or sell into ETF or hedge with a silver mining co. 

But, what does mathmining have to do with metalmining?  It's a fair question.

Hey how's Colbert coin doing?  I look forward to going on his show, I will wear full 1776 regalia if asked to do so.  But, if this event takes place, I would be very surprised.  As I have brought truth into this thread on the level of the ghost of Benjamin Franklin, and therefore the eye of TV could never acknowledge this, until critical mass of awareness be reached.

So, if silver goes to 50 USD, what happens this time, when there was no real market at 50 USD last time in the 1980s, and only in the fake paper markets can such absurd one-day valuations be realized?  It's a sucker game for people (rich people as dupes) to margin their silver at the wrong time, bang, they lose not only their silver but also their margined property, etc.  Greed is like a lever inside the human mind, if'n it be triggered, the man or woman loseth all cents.  Hehe, get it?

Okay, I have other forums I am putting nuggets and peanuts of truth into.  So, if ye feel a kindre'd spirit within the thread, then do as I do, and mine Benjamins, and gift them, and purchase them with long hands that hold hard fast for generations of verifiable-mathworks-done (the 1776 blockchain, Benjamins), to ensure localized and also goodly-globalized exchange between persons of a will which demands a bill of rights, and of true and good money, whatever the heck "money" means anyway.  Mine Benjamins with me friends, for no developer will ever secure for us, a bill of rights.

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: