Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:16:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!!  (Read 94313 times)
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:03:41 PM

In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia. -George Orwell

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:42:19 PM

And how exactly will mining Benjamins change or influence that?  I'm sorry to say that Benjamins are probably a long way down the list of crypto-currencies that the political establishment are going to be worried about.  If you really want to be rebellious I would have thought putting your effort into something that has a chance of making a difference would be more successful.  Realistically that means Bitcoin.

As for words and meanings, just because the words are understood, does not mean that the resulting sentence  is meaningful.  Here is a simple example:

"I'm going to the butcher to sell a pint of bread."

I expect you understand all the words but what the heck does it mean?

Fair enough, let me explain; You cannot deliver bread in pints, that's a solid and a pint measures liquid.

Also, the butcher doesn't typically take bread, since logically, he is a butcher.  So, you are trying to say that I am as confused as your statement.  But I am not.

No I wasn't trying to show that - I was trying to show that it is easy for meaning to be lost even when the individual words are understood.  And that is particularly true when a word is used to mean something that is not its normally understood meaning.
Trying to use "modality" to mean "will" is certainly not a normal definition in my experience.

Okay so then to your point:

"long way down the list of crypto-currencies that the political establishment are going to be worried about.  If you really want to be rebellious I would have thought putting your effort into something that has a chance of making a difference would be more successful.  Realistically that means Bitcoin."

Hehe, I see your point.  Do you mine and hold BTC?

What relevance is that to the meaning you seem to want to ascribe to Benjamins?

You assume I want to "worry" the political establishment?  Haha, no, I couldn't care less what they do, I have ZERO respect for them and I do not vote, and I laugh at the state of the world, run by hundreds of fools who use lawyers as they weaponry.  I don't give a damn what these false, unskilled leaders of this world, do.  Theirs is a private club, and a doomed one imo.

Well you said, "I see it as an act of political rebellion" - what is the purpose of rebellion if not to worry people?

So yes you make an excellent point, BTC is far more of a threat and a thing to make the politicians "worried"  --BUT NOT REALLY because I believe Mark K. is a puppet due to Silk Road, and so your point is what exactly?  Do I intend to make Benjamins into BTC??  Do I want Silk Road type business people?  Do I want FBI to steal coins of the blockchain?  Don't get me wrong tho, I had BTC stolen in my SR wallet like many others.  I know the FBI to see themselves as superior to the dumb old dusty unread Constitution.  They know they can steal BTC at will, and wreck it.

What is the relevance of Mark Karpeles or Silk Road to the larger question of Bitcoin.  He is a bit player (no pun intended), a cameo at best.

However, to continue on your point, no, I don't want Ben to be that.  But, any popular money is gonna be used for every black market people can buy.  Everything you can name, flows through the BTC pipeline.  Babies, drugs, murder, all thingsss.  That is the nature of darkness which BTC allows, as do all cryptocoins.

As does cash, and rather more commonly than crypto.

But in this Case, Benjamins is a hobby blockchain, super slow, absurdly difficult, mostly useless at this time.  No, it's nothing but a principle.  A kite that one or two people are trying to tug the string to get more interest in.  

Now, we come to the nub of it. Yes, I can see you are trying to do that - and what I am asking is why?  Why do you expend effort here,  that, in all probability will be wholly wasted, instead of on BTC or one of the other more promising cryptos? 

I explained the concept of "will" to you.  

No. No you didn't.  You said that you considered modality and will to be the same, but that is hardly "explaining the concept" of will.

So, as I said, I do hold BTC and of course it's a great thing, I expect it to go much higher.  So what has Ben got to do with that?  I submit to you that I and others in this thread and of course the sock puppet account "AllAboutTheBenjamins" have fielded a blockchain here, honestly and forthrightly, that is the first original 1776 blockchain, to which the ghost of Benjamin Franklin himself has been summoned.

Again, *how* is this the "first original 1776 blockchain"?  It's more or less a copy and paste of Bitcoin, it even has the same difficulty adjustment parameters, to its detriment.

I am prepared to discuss all founding documents of history, including but not limited to: The Bible, The Magna Carta, and yes, The United States Constitution.  Let me know if you have questions about founding documents, money and markets, and or cryptocoin.  Thanks!

Thanks for the offer, but I have raised my questions.

(Oh, and sorry for the delay in replying, can't always find enough time to reply properly.)
socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:57:24 PM

In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia. -George Orwell

First I thought, BEN is dead, but now I see I was wrong. Not the coin algo, nor the functionality is making coin alive, but comunity and miners. And since you are here, posting everyday shit-talk and since you are the only miner of BEN, you are keeping BEN alive even that it is not even functional:) Congratulations, you killed the coin and resurected it as your private property.

So my question is, will you try to kill discussion about how to fix the coin, or you allow others to talk about how to fix the high difficulty problem? I suggest taking sources of similar coin with POS algo and making the BEN mined till now the only coins ever mined and the rest will be just Proof of Stake mining. It would keep BEN rare, miners will mine it than thanks to POS, speed could be 1 minute or even faster. If others agree, we can than ask other POS developers to fix BEN for us. Probably just taking other coin source code + using old BEN blochain with slight modification would work.
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:39:13 PM

First I thought, BEN is dead, but now I see I was wrong. Not the coin algo, nor the functionality is making coin alive, but comunity and miners. And since you are here, posting everyday shit-talk and since you are the only miner of BEN, you are keeping BEN alive even that it is not even functional:) Congratulations, you killed the coin and resurected it as your private property.

So my question is, will you try to kill discussion about how to fix the coin, or you allow others to talk about how to fix the high difficulty problem? I suggest taking sources of similar coin with POS algo and making the BEN mined till now the only coins ever mined and the rest will be just Proof of Stake mining. It would keep BEN rare, miners will mine it than thanks to POS, speed could be 1 minute or even faster. If others agree, we can than ask other POS developers to fix BEN for us. Probably just taking other coin source code + using old BEN blochain with slight modification would work.

Thanks!  You are awesome to see a hobbyist working liberty.

I didn;t kill it, the price was killed by markets and devs as bad parents.

Sure, discuss what you like.  I take my threads to 2000 pages with relish.

I'l reply to "Dude you're doomed" above, just another person who need English and concepts explained hehe.

Good thread, thanks you are smart.  Sure, do what you want.  But difficulty and more coins means nothing compared to spirit.  Put me on the Colbert show and money will never mean the same thing.  I am not crazy, I am patiently sane.

I didn't kill this, I came in when dev and his cadre acted as they do act.  It is in their nature as a profession, I have fixed their machines for years.  BTW I am a poor man. Seek me out in Butte county, for I am real.  I have not much money, just tons of brains and will.  Modality refers to hypnosis which is also real.. Most people are not able to discuss the hypnotic effect of money, but you are smart, so again, I tipo my cap.  Yes, "fix" Benjamins as you would.  Then let us "market" it as with IPO crapwares?

This is nothing more than a thread as a conference call.  A telephone call to which devs invited a ghost of 1776.  I believe in ghosts, they outnumber the living 30:1

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:50:28 PM

[...]

Thanks for the offer, but I have raised my questions.

(Oh, and sorry for the delay in replying, can't always find enough time to reply properly.)

Tertius.  What does that mean in Latin?

Tell you what.  I will grant you the first interview of me, ever given.  Shall you send me your phone number?  Are you ready to have me call you?  Many people use IP network for confusion.  I am not one of these.  Send me your phone # and we will have a nice chat and I will put it on youtube and post it here.  I am eager to maybe host a gotomeeting, so you could also dial in to that and field questions.  I do need help, if anyone cares about 1776.  You don't sem to display too very much knowledge of that 1776 era timezone, so far.  But with a name like Tertius I know you know your Roman coins heh?

Anyway once I get back later from the river, I will parse your collegiate type questions, and draw it out.  I have to spend time on the important things, like sitting serenely and swimming in the river near where I live.  

It takes will power to dive into a freezing moving river.  Have you ever done so?  What modality is one in, when their balls are freezing in cold water?  I'll parse the rest of your question later but let's start there.

Also, can one 'pray' for a blockchain?  A fair question.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:27:00 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 04:16:08 AM by itsunderstood

No I wasn't trying to show that - I was trying to show that it is easy for meaning to be lost even when the individual words are understood.  And that is particularly true when a word is used to mean something that is not its normally understood meaning.
Trying to use "modality" to mean "will" is certainly not a normal definition in my experience.

I know, I am being obtuse.  It is a way to entertain myself, and this is fully in keeping with the modality of ghosts.

Oh, modality and will don't connect in your brain?  Who trained you in willpower?  What was his name?  Was he a professor or a martial artist?  I was raised by martial artists, not professors.  I know willpower.

Oh and if my typing is off, I kinda jammed my finger diving into the river.  But it was fun I learn a lot about gold from going to the river.  Do you ever go to a river?  Also, see, getting some pain meds for my finger is a lost cause, due to complete evisceration of medicine in my country.  But, it's not too bad, I will just have to baby it. Just a sprain.  But willpower, diving into the river each day, or running, lifting weights, it requires you to get into a 'modality' which is a hypnosis term, mostly.  If people don't know the mind, they wont understand the word 'mode' or 'modality'.  I assume people know. v But, a lot of people are professionally ignorant and I have to work with them to, in great numbers.

Hehe, I see your point.  Do you mine and hold BTC?
What relevance is that to the meaning you seem to want to ascribe to Benjamins?

In this thread there is an open debate dormant, that says "Mining is a total crap waste of time."  ...So I am the counterpoint to that, along with my compatriots who mine Benjamins in the spirit of 1776.

Also, "holding" means buying and holding.  I was a stockbroker and am currently a licensed insurance agent; Are you honestly going to ask me the relevance of my question "Do you hold Benjamins?"  It matters to the value conversation, you are saying I create value, that's not true, so I ask you your posiiton to see if you are a real person, who puts effort into things.  Huh  Are you?

Value I "ascribe" to it?  I don't "ascribe" value, the market determines that.

The work done, is the 24/7 act of mining, which is fully roboticized except that you have to have minor tech skills.  And my cube is mining and my ant is mining Benjamins for me.  Where do I create value?  If anything I am a poor dreamer trying to buffer a kite in a lightning storm, to try and catch lightning.

Well you said, "I see it as an act of political rebellion" - what is the purpose of rebellion if not to worry people?

Haha, wow, you really must be a young person.  Either that or very old?

What about the word "rebel", causes you worry?

Myself, I was raised on Star Wars, so the Rebels are the good guys.  So I don't understand your point of view, at all.  Can you explain your fear of rebellion?

What is the relevance of Mark Karpeles or Silk Road to the larger question of Bitcoin.  He is a bit player (no pun intended), a cameo at best.

Okay there you go, you asked a question and got your own answer, well done, a zero sum paragraph.

However, if you care to meet me in the rum > slaves > reality context of 1776, then we can discuss the real.

[...]

all thingsss.
As does cash, and rather more commonly than crypto.

So?  You stopped that point right there, I needn't go on.  Cash has Ben Franklin face on it but is paper backed with paper.  

Do you have any market experience or any credentials?  Do you research true flows of capital and power?  Because Tertius, I do.  In addition to such Roman command traits as worshiping my goddess (oh and Jesus as well) and observing the birds.  Meet me in the real.

Now, we come to the nub of it. Yes, I can see you are trying to do that - and what I am asking is why?  Why do you expend effort here,  that, in all probability will be wholly wasted, instead of on BTC or one of the other more promising cryptos?  

This is so funny how you say "more promising cryptos"  --Bro, let me help you: Value judgements are what YOU decide they are.  If you salivate for those, as you say "more desirable" ones, then why tell us about it?  I am saying mining is an act of will, and you cannot even meet me there, so, hehe.  Mining is an act of will just like using cash.  Belief is all that cash is buffered by.

No. No you didn't.  You said that you considered modality and will to be the same, but that is hardly "explaining the concept" of will.

Will is jumping into a river.  You are being obtuse, so go after the coins that represent what you believe. Mine the blockchain you hold most dear.  Yes, I hold bitcoin and cash, NO, I do not counterfiet cash not do I mine BTC.  I mine on principle.  I do hold cash and BTC long tho, I am not like Bill Gates and Co who short the dollar and loathe it.

Again, *how* is this the "first original 1776 blockchain"?  It's more or less a copy and paste of Bitcoin, it even has the same difficulty adjustment parameters, to its detriment.

1: Because I say so.  And, because it was fair.  And, because it just WAS, the first one to summon a founding father's ghost.  Get it?  Do you even believe in ghosts?

2: You are so very right that all BTC devs own a future of liberty but their paychecks ain't gonna get it done.  The dev of today will be hated by the children of tomorrow, because they are mostly just paycheck getting and not really heart involved in their pursuits.  I am saying this as a desktop helpdesk tech having supported dozens of them as a cadre.

Yes, I love all who built BTC.  I bought it at 70 USD per coin and hold it long.  But I do also have LTC.  But, this is the one I mine, this is the one with the ghost, this is the one where I am bringing the bill of rights.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:04:48 AM

http://intellihub.com/george-soros-sells-shares-citigroup-bank-america-jp-morgan/

This week investors took notice again when Soros sold his shares of three major American banks, including Bank of America, JP Morgan and Citigroup.

The Wall Street Journal reported that “George Soros dumped his stakes in banks and went for tech and gold miners in the first quarter, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission Thursday. Soros sold his holdings in Citigroup (NYSE:C) , J.P. Morgan (NYSE:JPM) and Bank of America (NYSE:BAC)”

In February 2009, Soros said the world financial system had effectively disintegrated, adding that there was no prospect of a near-term resolution to the crisis. “We witnessed the collapse of the financial system … It was placed on life support, and it’s still on life support. There’s no sign that we are anywhere near a bottom.”

elizabeth00

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:31:56 AM

VOTE FOR BENJAMINS
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:11:55 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 02:35:05 PM by itsunderstood

Glad to see Benjamins being scooped up by strong hands, but let's not sell for immediate profits, let's hold long for liberty and the children of tomorrow.  

This article was great about how positively unreliable developers are and how none of them can really be relied upon.  

I am saying that the corporate boards, will always and without exception, screw regular people.  I am opposed to that, I am opposed to lazy ass work which ends up wrecking people and totally screwing them.  But then, I am human and I hate the corporate model.  It is anti-human, whereas, I am human.

Avoid all crap brands like the plague.  Avoid the 'droid, avoid all smartphones and craptablets.  Just my .02.

Oh and trust no one who tells you your naked selfie is "all good and will be deleted, etc"

http://www.zdnet.com/how-to-lie-cheat-and-steal-like-snapchat-all-the-way-to-the-bank-7000029758/

[...]

The FTC's settlement agreement notes that this was fiction: recipients were not notified when screenshots were taken, as apparently, "recipients can easily circumvent Snapchat’s screenshot detection mechanism."

Snapchat also told users their sent videos "disappeared" — when, in truth, the videos were actually automatically saved to the recipient's phone.

Until October 2013, recipients could browse their mobile phone via computer to find and save all video files they'd received. The FTC settlement acknowledged that this was because Snapchat stored its video files outside of the app's sandbox.

The great thing about users is that you can do anything you want to them, and they can't refuse.

Snapchat collected the contents of user address books without their consent, and its privacy policy flat-out lied about collecting a user's location information.

Snapchat secretly collected the private user information and shared it with unknown parties.

With millionaires being made from such abhorrent behavior, why would they ever stop screwing IT and computers in general?  They have contempt for you and me.  So, avoid these crap solutions and brands like the plague.

Mine Benjamins with me and study the code with your family and friends, that we may although just regular people, modify the code to be useful for us.  Not to just make 'hurr durr more coins' but to make it something less evil than all the other CRAP.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:23:20 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 02:36:30 PM by itsunderstood

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2014-05-22/margin-compression-coming-payment-processing-space-100-million-pours-startups

On the positive side, Reggie Middleton is known to be a bad ass of renown.  I have enjoyed his analysis so I figured I'd promote him here, since he is way beyond the average "developer"

Reggie is a money understanding machine.  I would rank the top guys like this:

1: Jim Willie
2: Jim Rickards
3: Eustace Mullins
4: Reggie Middleton

Hahaha, I am being totally facetious and stirring the pot of IP network like Benjamin Franklin might be proud of.

Anyway, some of the guys on this list above, understand conspiracy and can speak to that, and some cannot.  I mean ALL can understand conspiracy and price fixing.  But, how many of them can think into beyond and under that?

So, I put Reggie at #4 but rising fast.  He only lacks large scale strategic warfare capital analysis, and an understanding of history.  #1 Jim Willie is the top because he knows history AND markets, and he is the goldbug prime, who has all the ability to do fact-war in regards to markets.

Anyway, Reggie's article above is excellent, I do not own "Primecoin" but at least he is trying to leap ahead and discuss new solutions.  No, I do not think complexity is the solution.  Whatever blockchain you MINE, is the same as whatever politician for which you VOTED.  Mining, is voting.  Owning guns, is voting.  Speaking freely, is voting.  Voting, is none of those things.

I would like to see any of these masters above, step to the next level, where I have been, for years.

Join me, fellows, and let's merge historical understanding of money (1776 the Us Treasury  mints pieces o Eight) with future-thought perspectives on how all this crapware can be boilt down into something bulletproof and useful for humans.  

Buy some Ants, or buy a biterupter cube, and mine Benjamins, 24/7 as I do.  Then, come to the thread here and ask me any questions you want.  Yes, I am drawing threads from across the IP network into my hands, but what will that cause to happen?  Who am I?  

In the end, no man can do anything great on his own, it takes a team, it takes regular people, families, to accomplish great things.  Mine Benjmains with me or buy and hold them with strong hands my friends, for what elese but our 24/7 voting as mining modality, shall suffice to defend what rights we have left?

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:04:42 PM

One thing you will notice about bot behavior is how they are 100% parasites on real people.

So, when a real human decides to buy Benjamins, it creates a ripple effect that bots cannot help but react to.

So, buying and watching them react, is great, because you can always defeat the bots, by buying and holding.

Eventually the bots just go home, unless they think there is a void they can drive the price into.  Well, there is no way in the world to "short" Benjamin Franklin's ghost, know that.  Cheesy

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:18:50 PM

Good read here.  This information you should know.

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/2145-who-is-the-new-secret-buyer-of-us-debt

Who Is The New Secret Buyer Of U.S. Debt?
21 May 2014 Brandon Smith

[...]

I believe the next and final step in the banker program is to reestablish a new Bretton Woods style system in the wake of an engineered catastrophe. That is to say, we are about to go full circle. Perhaps Ukraine will be the cover event, or tensions in the South China Sea. Just as Bretton Woods was unveiled during World War II, Bretton Woods redux may be unveiled during World War III. In either case, the false East/West paradigm is the most useful ploy the elites have to bring about a controlled decline of the dollar.

The new system will reintroduce the concept of fixed currencies, but this time, all currencies will be fixed or “pegged” to the value of the SDR global basket. The IMF holds a global SDR summit every five years, and the next meeting is set for the beginning of 2015.

If the Chinese yuan is brought into the SDR basket next year, if the BRICS enter into a conjured economic war with the West, and if the dollar is toppled as the world reserve, there will be nothing left in terms of fiscal structure in the way of a global currency system. If the public does not remove the globalist edifice by force, the IMF and the BIS will then achieve their dream – the complete dissolution of economic sovereignty, and the acceptance by the masses of global financial governance. The elites don’t want to hide behind the curtain anymore. They want recognition. They want to be worshiped. And, it all begins with the secret buyout of America, the implosion of our debt markets, and the annihilation of our way of life.

SDR = Special Drawing Rights, which means gold-credit card given only to nations, used to fractionalize gold holdings.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:44:58 PM

Okay, good to see some support for the 1776 modality, and also to send the crushbots running makes me happy, hahaha, all these haters of liberty getting lost BTC betting against Benjamins. 

Way to be, oh ye who have recently taken Benjamins into your hands.  I will continue to mine 24/7 and support liberty on all fronts, in your honor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R7OL2ZyZKQ

^^^ Important here to see TSEC squirming under the semi-decent assault of Jon Stewart.

If I were interviewing him, I would have been way worse.  I would never let him use that babbleshabble about how he sees the world.

In the end, when he says "It was a crisis" he leaves off "of our making and also saving"  So, he disallows that money takes both sides of every position.  Again:  Money takes both sides of every position.  Notice the bids and asks of any good cryptocoin or less-useful, stock on NYSE.  Do not bears say that Apple stock is going down?  Do they not robo-load the sell side?  And do not the Apple users themselves, tell their broker to load up on the Apple stocks?

Hahaha, these markets.  Well, as former TSec Timmy Gits says above: "If we (The 12 Federal Reserve Banks) had not been available with credit, when this "unforseen economic tragedy" happened, America would have suffered loss of all employment, war, flames around all the 12 Federal Reserve Banks, and every sort of hell that we could bring against you."  ...Thankfully we taxpayers were able to pay the fed's "fee" which will be remaining a complete puppet of UK powers.

Yes, I am a ferocious, angry American.  Come to the river this weekend and see if you can find me.  I will be available for discussion of money, truth, gold, or even just the news of the day.  However in the end, what Benjamins needs to be a good cryptocoin network, is more miners, so please, above all, come with questions about mining.

Oh, and my question to Mister Timothy Gits is this:  "Sir, wasn't the Federal Reserve System designed to prevent just this sort of thing from happening, in it birth stages of 1913 era?"  oh and followup question "If then the FRB network of 12 banks has made themselves powerful on black market drug money, how will we wean them off the hookers and blow?  Sir?"

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:58:18 PM

I am an underemployed smart person.  Not only computers, but, metals, markets, diapers, I am good at a lot of things.

But I am not good at stealing, I failed that from day one, I just know it is wrong to defraud my fellowman.  If you know who I am, you know I am being truthful.

So, who are these scumbags claiming to do "God's work"?

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2014/05/22/introducing-subprime-business-lending-loans-with-125-interest-rates-are-being-securitized-and-sold-to-investors/

[...]

World Business Lenders charged most people 125 percent annualized interest rates on six-month loans regardless of their situation, five former employees said. The borrowers often put up cars, houses or even livestock worth at least twice as much as the loan. About one in five were going bust as of last year, two people with knowledge of the matter said. One said that 9 percent of the loans made this year have already defaulted.

“The sweet spot is someone who can limp along well enough for six months but probably isn’t going to be around much longer,” Opportunity Finance Network’s Pinsky said. “They’re in the business of helping these businesses fail.”

- From yesterday’s Bloomberg article, Wall Street Finds New Subprime With 125% Business Loans

The following story represents one of the most mind-bogglingly disturbing reflections of what is really happening beneath the lipstick pigged representation of the U.S. economy the mainstream media regularly portrays. At the center of the story is a company called World Business Lenders LLC, which is staffed with veterans of Jordan Belfort’s (the Wolf of Wall Street) boiler room firm as well other former brokers banned from the securities industry. It sports a business model that lends money at 125% annualized interest rates to small businesses.

Oh, but the story gets better, a lot better. Large Wall Street banks like Goldman Sachs and corporations such as Google are also naturally getting into the market. For example:

OnDeck Capital Inc., a lender with funding from Google’s venture-capital arm and PayPal Inc. co-founder Peter Thiel, sold $175 million of notes backed by business debt last month in a deal put together by Deutsche Bank. Interest rates on the loans ranged from 29 percent to 134 percent.

“Don’t be evil,” right Google? Since there’s nothing evil about 134% interest rates, particularly when you don’t pay taxes.

edit

sold $175 million of notes backed by business debt last month in a deal put together by Deutsche Bank.

This sort of absurd banditry is also because DB has a gold crunch and taking Ukraine's gold didn't get it done.  If Germany gets into a trench war with Russia, they simply do not have the gold and so this game is  100 year game, and that's why I take it back to 1776 to find the true roots, and true money.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:28:46 PM

Ho ho ho look at all those bids now trying to get in.  Haha, kudos to them what hold Benjamins long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM9liitKEA4

^^^ Good vid to watch.

edit

Not sure who David Quintari is but his simple sketch explains that HFT and bots are the enemy of truth and goodness.  Though I am not endorsing his plug at the end, I like open forums like this thread.

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 11:23:07 PM

Come get your BEN!

We've found 7 blocks since switching over to the new system. Keep it up!

http://www.hasher.ca

PROP reward system
Worker Stats
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
ProfitPorts (beta testing now)

To mine:

Username: your BEN wallet address OR Global Key (Used for ProfitPorts too)
Password: anything
BEN (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3394

Benjamins go straight to your wallet once the block is confirmed. We don't hold your BEN!

Cheers and Happy Hashing!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:47:48 AM

Come get your BEN!

Thanks crackfoo, I am wondering, are my benjamins in my old wallet (boxmine2014) because the new interface doesn't seem to gicve me the personalized experience where I could see my wallet stats and such.  I will keep you posted as to when I see a deposit from you but so far, not yet.  Send me a PM if this is unusual.  Thanks for your support I am always on hasher.ca

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 01:56:45 AM

Come get your BEN!

Thanks crackfoo, I am wondering, are my benjamins in my old wallet (boxmine2014) because the new interface doesn't seem to gicve me the personalized experience where I could see my wallet stats and such.  I will keep you posted as to when I see a deposit from you but so far, not yet.  Send me a PM if this is unusual.  Thanks for your support I am always on hasher.ca

You should still be able to see your old balances in the previous pool http://ben.hasher.ca

That will stay active until all the BEN have been confirmed and delivered. I can see that each block we find, there are BEN sent from the old pool. You started mining on block 24261 and there are still 92 confirmation left on that block before you'll see the BEN from it. But once you get there looks like you should then get BEN when each block get discovered.

http://ben.hasher.ca/index.php?page=statistics&action=round&height=24261

Cheers and thanks for your dedication!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:14:56 AM

Come get your BEN!

You should still be able to see your old balances in the previous pool http://ben.hasher.ca

That will stay active until all the BEN have been confirmed and delivered. I can see that each block we find, there are BEN sent from the old pool. You started mining on block 24261 and there are still 92 confirmation left on that block before you'll see the BEN from it. But once you get there looks like you should then get BEN when each block get discovered.

http://ben.hasher.ca/index.php?page=statistics&action=round&height=24261

Cheers and thanks for your dedication!

Sweet!!  So by the time my Social Security comes due, LOL.

Thanks man, I am glad to see good pools like you, there are enough crap pools and shark pools that have ruined coins, you are a big part of the solutions.  Tip o the cap to you crackfoo.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:46:20 PM

Good Sunday to you friends!

The text below makes some good points. 

I am in the 1776 modality which is different than the 1830 modality tho.  Modality in terms of time means the surrounding milieu of the folk.  None of the people I see at the river are knowledgeable about BTC --except maybe the dudes taking plastics from the trash cans, I bet they hold BTC long, I am serious, I respect that plastic collection profession it really does the world good.  Anyway, all of these lovely people I see would be fine in 1830 or 1776, do you feel me?

Anyway, thanks to those who mine and hold Benjamins in the 1776 spirit of true and real money and government.  And an END to chastity belts and corsets alike.   

Mine Benjamins with me, or support your local water park and water conservation locally.  Water wars are real, they will crush not only California but much of the world.  So, gold>COTUS>water>farmsandfood ...For me as a Californian not by birth but by nature, these issues are all connected.

http://rinf.com/alt-news/breaking-news/speaking-truth-monetary-power/

[...]

In the 1830s, William Leggett, the antislavery Jacksonian editorial writer in New York, proposed the lovely phrase “separation of money and state.” He was on to something. Ludwig von Mises once said that the history of money is the history of government efforts to destroy money, and Hayek observed that we have no reason to expect governments to give us good money. To the contrary, we have every reason to expect governments to exploit their positions as monopolists of the production of money in ways that increase their power and benefit favored constituencies.

We do not need “monetary policy” any more than we need a paintbrush policy, a baseball bat policy, or an automobile policy. We do not need a monopoly institution to create money for us. Money, like any good, is better produced on the market within the nexus of economic calculation. Money creation by government or its privileged central bank yields us business cycles, monetary debasement, and an increase in the power of government. It is desirable from neither an economic nor a libertarian standpoint. If we are going to utter monetary truths, this one is the most central and subversive of all.

This talk was delivered at the annual meeting of the Committee for Monetary Research and Education in New York City on May 22, 2014.

Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: