Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:28:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!!  (Read 94313 times)
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:58:22 PM

It is true the world is rushing toward tard devices like tablets.  That is stupid and folly.  And yet, we cannot stop them, so there are three choices (since mobile devices CANNOT EVER be made secure), we can 1: become thieves and thugs, or 2: step away from it and call it someone else's problem, or 3: design a coin that becomes the POS solution.  For my Benjamins, I can see many partners trying to bring POS payment process, but I am yet to be convinced there are any brains in these schemes for POS security.  But, bear in mind, I am an IT worker for ten years at the systems level.  Like I said earlier, meetings are mostly just full of stupid ideas.  This idea that POS will come later, fits someone's plan for some idea of theirs, but it's not an idea which has mental bouyancy, just profit.  And profit is not intelligence.  Indeed, the thieves are the best capitalists, but do we call thieves intelligent.

Holy crap this is so smart I found myself thinking that I myself wrote it!

CounterpartyBTC you are clearly one of the smartest people around, please tell me more.  Also, what is your view of merge mining?  Isn't it a total violation of the notion of blockchains and peer-agreement to prove work?  To me, merge mining is some assbackward desire to 'dur hur make more coins or faster TX' but what I see when I examine the merge specs, merge mining is not much more than another opportunity for pool and miners and markets to screw each other up.  Witness the dogecoin thread and their call for "merge mining" --like who would merge mine doge, a coin that was designed to crap out multi-billions of cooins to mock cryptocoin as a notion.  Witness the Maxcoin debacle where a pool famous for wrecking coins, took his coin and forked it into nowhere, effectively killing all the old coins at market while literally destroying that blockchain by adversarial fork.  So these quiet times when BEN can float under the radar or menu of the destroyers, is fine with me.  But I wish we had more miners.  do you mine a SHA coin?

Wow, I am so pleased that I provoked ONE GENIUS to post here.  Tell me more broski, I was a stockbroker and then an IT tech (POS field tech, Desktop, etc) through the last 20 years.  Now at he end this orgy of mercantilism, where all mercantilism is dying, we get smart people like you saying what should have been said long ago, and who are able to see the future, as you have so correctly explained it above.

Tablets cannot be made secure, plus, these days it seems to me like OpenSSL probably was a trojan horse to ding open source as being unacceptable for "the profsionals" to use moving forward.  ...but if not, it shows how stupid the top companies (like Cisco) are, as they use crap ass open libraries from the open source community YET FUND NOTHING for open source.  It serves Cisco right for selling out America imo.

Okay well anyway, I am so excited to have someone with a brain and good sense, yes please, tell me more.  How would you characterize my efforts to keep the spirit of 1776 alive?  Wink

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:15:02 PM

As for the little engine that could bring back 1776, the BEN blockchain...

Can we PLEASE get someone with an ounce of responsiblity, to get the ABE explorer up and running?  Damn!

Also, I should mention that all cryptocoins take patience and time.  For example:  I own some LTC which I had at btc-e.  So, I decided to finally for the first time, to download the litecoin client and xfer my coins to my local wallet.  ...So it only just this morning completed updating and show my litecoins.  So 24 hours of waiting while my coins were "in transit" is what is to be expected.  Did I panic when my litecoin was not in my wallet?  No, because I knew it was in the blockchain and would trickle to my wallet eventually. 

Know: Your coins don't go anywhere, they always exist in the blockchain, even if sent to cold storage.  Be patient in the processes that you know will bear good fruit, as Benjamin Franklin might say.

Also: We see how there are people (or mostly bots) who sell on whatever they see the humans doing.  So, if humans are buying, the robots or trade-bot=minded shallow people, will just use their trading robots to screw the humans.

So now we enter the future, where everyone builds their own trading robot? There is a website for this where you can build your own trade-Terminator.   HAHA, I mean I might want to build a bot for protection, but a bot that goes out and seeks 'profit' like some kind of elvish underwear gnome??  No thanks.

When I was a broker way back in 1991 (I walked away after six months btw) I knew robot trading was just being discussed.  The actual brokers I worked with were disgusting examples of humanity.  Drunk, stupid thieves, is what I would call them.  They knew they were selling snake oil, and didn't care.  I knew I couldn't be around people like that, so the securities industry was not for me,  But now I see the same dickheads inside the IT zone, they invaded and displaced the actually smart low level workers (my class of persons) and now it is as if the entire IT sector will become one giant hated entity, it seems.

Well anyway, in an age where high tech thieving is trickling down, I pray that enough people will see the folly of it, and of gaming their fellowman and fellowwoman, via these markets which are set up to make us fight.  Let the Benjamin's blockchain, so cracked and humble, be a place for those who seek a new way forward, to flock and gain ease.

Here we discuss tech that is REAL AND TIME TESTED.  Tech of the mind, the heart, and yes, the cryptological.  Crypto means: to conceal.  Yet the notion of the blockchain is openness.  Yes, when you mine Benjamins with us, you mine a paradox.  Can freedom and crypto when married in the right church, produce the offspring of, a better world?  I believe the answer to be yes, but I am also a hopeful fool.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:45:52 PM

coolice back online at hasher.ca I knew you'd be back my friend, every bit counts.

coolice    801,727kh

When I look at who is hashing the 1776 blockchain, frankly, I see heroes of tomorrow.  You exemplify what it means, to lend ones hand to a mighty effort.

I salute you and look forward to seeing you post here, and to know ye are of good company.

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 06:50:54 PM

I'll look into a blockchain explorer, but I'm trying to find something a little prettier than Abe... not really a fan of the interface... if you find something let me know. I don't think it'd be too much additional load on my server...

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:07:57 PM

I'll look into a blockchain explorer, but I'm trying to find something a little prettier than Abe... not really a fan of the interface... if you find something let me know. I don't think it'd be too much additional load on my server...

Hmm I really liked it fwiw but hell yeah, good to hear you are looking into it.   Grin

Poogasm

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:12:35 PM

I had to bring my system down for most of a day, issues with the wiring in this old house.
But, I am back up and have my wee Ant hashing away for all it's worth.

Now that I see the price of the Ants have dropped so low I am going to try and start grabbing a couple ever couple weeks as money becomes available.
(or save up a wee bit and get something bigger. whichever.)

Now, back to being too busy to play with Ben for a few days.
I will at least keep reading this thread until I have time to dive into the source itself.

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:18:23 PM

Hi all,

I am interested in long-term coin BEN.
I have an account on Cryptsy and I would like
to slowly buy coins and sent them to my paper wallet.
I have generated address.
There is the information on a web page:

"Simply enter an address, transaction number,
and more to find more information about balances,
confirmations, and much more with a few clicks! "  Undecided

but it does not work. Please send me the information
if I buy coins BEN now and I'll send them to my address wallet is will
the coins as will be running ABE Explorer?

Cheers,
Jacek

Okay Jacek my friend, (aka @gart)

I have responded and I hope I am helping you understand that sendng coins to paper wallets isn't a good idea.  Indeed, I would like Benjamin-the-coder to explain more about the "we don't know your private key" thing I see on the walets page.

I can't really say that Ben has his shit together but the site seems well written, very honest and open.  Also, to have Ben lead with crypto as safety (tho paper wallets lock up coins causing confusion at times) is the right vision, again I must salute him.

But anyway my friend you said you don't know how to mine.  So, what i will do is this:  If you promise to mine Benjamiins with it, then I will mail you my Antminer as an act of goodwill, as would Benjamin Franklin send out his books, to souls whom he felt enkindered.  The mining process of today, is the cryptological text of yesterday.

So too my new friend of liberty, shall I send you my Antminer, and you will you get it running with our help when you receive it.  

The little Antminer needeth only a USB port, and an Internet connection.  Can you provide those two things?  If so, then you will be mining Benjamins.  It has been mining BEN since its first day, and I ask only that it stay on the same path.

Send me a PM with your mail address, I will send it to you and you'll tell me here in the thread when you get it.  Together we will try to reach hands of knowledge and yeshall be able to shew your friends as well, how the new way is working.  It is worth it to me, to invest in the future with such lending or gift that will help you to see it work and to show your friends.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:58:24 PM

I had to bring my system down for most of a day, issues with the wiring in this old house.
But, I am back up and have my wee Ant hashing away for all it's worth.

Now that I see the price of the Ants have dropped so low I am going to try and start grabbing a couple ever couple weeks as money becomes available.
(or save up a wee bit and get something bigger. whichever.)

Now, back to being too busy to play with Ben for a few days.
I will at least keep reading this thread until I have time to dive into the source itself.

Well said.  What prices are you seeing?  I am thinking of the combo-miner SHA/scrypt Ants but I think as $ to GH they are pricier obviously.  This is a damn good deal 60gh for 260 USD??  That's the best I see.  Of course, you need to mine a SHA coin like Benjamins with it >>> http://www.amazon.com/60-GH-ASIC-Bitcoin-Miner/dp/B00FRU3618/

As for Antminers i am seeing 35 USD approx cost.  >>> http://www.amazon.com/Bitmain-AntMiner-U1-1-6GH-Bitcoin/dp/B00HNYDU4Y/

Which is cheap enough to buy two, one for BEN and one for BTC the original Genesis.

Also, do not forget, the bible book of Genesis has two versions.  Hundreds of years later they just layered both versions together.  That is the truth of the nature of genesis as a concept.  Therefore I am also 100% pro BTC, there is market cap of trillions of dollars out there will trickle slowly into the right hearts.  

So let all mine two SHA coins, BEN nd BTC.  At these prices it is no zero sum game.

As I said, the Ben code is fully the child of all BTC developers.  So step your devasses up and help us in the spirit of 1776, let us know we do work toward having security for all people, of all sizes shapes and wallet.

Hmm okay Poogasm your post makes me think because for me, this will be a long weekend of learning on different fronts.  Also i am watching the full 10 hour youtube GTA5 walkthrough and I am just about 2 hours in when the ballas try to set up tplayer, it is an awesome game but I only have ten hours to devote to it so for me and others who are people of action, we have to watch the movie.   >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFeAulu9gxI

^^^ If you enjoyed the link above, donate 100 USD buy buying BEN on cryptsy to hold for 100 years so that what you see in the game, cannot or will not, be you or your enemy's future.

How real do we like it?  10 hour movies will become the norm I think.  Also, watchin them at home while trying to figure out real life should be the norm.

Happy Friday my friends!  Enjoy your weekend.

edit

dmna typos!

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:28:22 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 11:21:18 PM by itsunderstood

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/10/many_clientside_vulns_in_heartbleed_says_sans/

^^^ Heartbleed update

BREAKING!!!: ... everything.  

Tune in tomorrow when they will know more about how worse it is!

Servers at all levels have been weaponized by seeding this weed dandelion code, now what will all you smart people do?  It is like we need a world wide dev-off to the death, to see who really gives a shit about the human race.

Some people feel that, "We own IP and can therefore destroy or rape it at will".  ...Why do I think Benjamins-the-dev is a kid?  Because he used the term "don't rape it too hard" earlier in this thread whilst refer to the exploitation of the early coinmaking process.  Hahaha, rape is a phoneme for tech now?  Hahaha, oh brave New World that has such wonders in it, eh?

Well, kids are mostly victims of exploitation, and that is why I and also the spirit of Benjamin Franklin has a lot of sympathy for kids having to grow up in a world so completely full of lies and BS stupidity at the very top of they eye of the top eyelash of the eyeball itself.  Indeed it must be understood that the all seeing eye, sees every child and every old person, as the same.  Only at death, is the soul weighed as to its merit. Or anyway, so the founding fathers knew.  ...Hey, did you all know that Thomas Payne, said that Masonry was from druidism?  No kidding!  If you have further questions, respond here in the thread.

...Indeed, we know divinity is not so stupid as to do such evil deeds as these, such purposeful stupidity as to sew poison weeds into the crop of the human brain collective work.  Wow, this is a serious poke in the eye to every developer on Earth..  If ye awaken then I say unto you: Mine the Benjamin's block chain unto 4000 years if it be so.  Develop something worth a future's damn.

Therefore we must see what is there: conspiracy.

Indeed I am recalling the fine "National Treasure" movies of Hollywodd fame.  They have that Nicolas Cage dude in them don't they?  I will be watching them this weekend on one of my monitors and will parse them in this thread, for lack of a better purpose.  Remember:  Ben Franklin uses the weirdo three-layered-lens wavelength glasses to send a message to the future.  In the movie (an excellent set of two movie done by fine films craftspeople of Disney). Ben Franklin sent us a message by being clever enough for them to include him in their wack script, which I doth love most so.  Therefore it will be a pleasure to watch these two films again.  For they too invoke the cleverness at hiding gold, that was Benjamin Franklin.

Join me and let us parse the past and the future.  Perhaps there indeed is a temple of gold.  Shall we submit that question to the fates?  Let us see if they can build it with our feeble and cracked hands.

edit

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/google-services-updated-to-address.html

^^^ g00glebot frontran this thing so they know what's up!!

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:28:37 PM

edit

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/google-services-updated-to-address.html

^^^ g00glebot frontran this thing so they know what's up!!

From the "damn good question" bin in the comments of the page linked above...

Heartbleed was publically announced recently. If Google's SSl implementation was vulnerable at ANY point, passwords could have been caputred. There is no indication that this vulnerability was not privately known prior to the public announcement. Would it not be prudent to change your passwords, regardless?

Cyber Security Professional
April 10, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Essentially his question boils down to this:  Is there anything on Earth including all certs (which unlock other cryptopackets of course like nested doll f*ck*p) which has not potentially been known surreptitiously for two years?  So this is an exploit tht has been running at the root of the world, in the absolute black spaces, for two years.

Uhmmm.  Yeah.  How about about the Candy Crunch King who bailed with tens of millions off a damn game IPO?  Oh the power of TV eh?  But like Goxxies I hope the Candy Crunchers can make their stock shares work, lol.  I see that game and I weep as I hear those around me say "Oh that looks fun!"

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:50:35 PM

Haha here is the depth of the law knowers of today:  We cannot hear you here...  Yet it is a stroke of dumb justice for one temporary AT&T worker I guess.  HAHA, good for him, huzzah brave fellow!

Instead of nutting up as men and saying something great about the Constitution and good money, they feeble fob it onto the future generations of lawyers who will we assume to be tackling these huge great questions such as: How can we lie to people and get away with it?  How can we exploit the public and the innocent/noobs?  Etc.

Federal appeals court overturns conviction for ‘white hat’ hacker ‘Weev’
By Agence France-Presse
Friday, April 11, 2014 19:05 EDT
google plus icon

[PICTURED:] A man attends a hacking challenge in Paris on March 16, 2013 [AFP]

An appeals court in the United States overturned Friday the conviction of a self-described “security research” hacker for breaking into the AT&T online network to reveal a security flaw.

Andrew Auernheimer, known online as “weev,” was sentenced to just over three years in prison last year for breaching the AT&T network and revealing email addresses of more than 120,000 Apple iPad users to the online news site Gawker.

The case drew fire from online rights activists who say government prosecutors are unfairly targeting “white hat” hackers who reveal holes in Internet security.

The court said the conviction must be reversed on a technicality, without ruling on the merits of the charges under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.

“Although this appeal raises a number of complex and novel issues that are of great public importance in our increasingly interconnected age, we find it necessary to reach only one that has been fundamental since our country’s founding: venue,” the appellate court in Philadelphia said.

The appeals panel agreed with the defense that the case could not be brought in New Jersey against Auernheimer because “neither he nor (his co-defendant) was ever in New Jersey while allegedly committing the crime, and… the servers accessed were not in New Jersey.”

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:00:49 AM

TECH UPDATE

Use Ghostery, and Mozilla, to block all ads.  Because, IP ads are now weaponized.  AGAIN:  Advertising people always held you the public in contempt, now they have weaponized all ads.

If You don't use Ghostery go into your plugins in Mozilla and get it, use it, block eveything yes everything.

I have noticed now, that a lot of the more sensationl links like "Americans ready to snap!" which just flashed across newsblok which is the feed I watch:

https://twitter.com/NBTWT

Newsblok.com ‏@NBTWT 11m

Guest Post: Real Americans Are Ready To Snap http://ift.tt/1oUXKcd

Well I go to the fake link (shortened URL which btw is some horseshit stupid technology for this very reason) and the shortened URL takes me to a Ghostery block page, which is normal I can just click 'use once' and that's fine, but a lot of them now like this one, reject that and the link won't load.  It could just be crap codeing, but I notice more hostility toward adblock software, and indeed the URL in my tagline, is literally unreadable without Ghostery.  I looked at with a non ghostery machine and practically barfed.

Block all ads and be ready for them to exploit you and to punish you.  That's how ad people think.

Use Ghostery and open source.  Reject the advertising.  Damn ad companies they move us with the subconscious anyway, they hate when their wars become open and seen in plain site, LOL.  On the East Coast USA, I buy Stop and Shop brand.  What a great brand it is.  But Shaw's is good also as is Market Basket.  All three grocers do have their own generic brand of items, all quite yummy and locally produced.  BUT why did we allow China to buy our largest hog producers?  Well, because some people are selling us out internationally.

Wherever you can get good California strawberries, is fine with me.

edit

to add newsblok link, the only damn thing I use twitter for lol

Poogasm

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:06:49 AM

Antminer U1s can be had for $25 all day long now, the U2s for $35.
Asicminer Block Erupter 30 GH/s are about $150 on the low end.
plus, the BFL you linked too coming in at a decent price.

I should have dropped cash into SHA mining gear instead of Scrypt back in January, but, too late, already done.
So I have to scrap together what I can make with the damned scrypt mining to slowly invest in ASICs.

I will slowly build a small menagerie of various ASICs. Whatever I can find at a good price as I have the cash.

I have the added expense of a 1 year old daughter now, so spare cash is extra rare.

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:53:26 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 02:08:48 AM by itsunderstood

I should have dropped cash into SHA mining gear instead of Scrypt back in January, but, too late, already done.
So I have to scrap together what I can make with the damned scrypt mining to slowly invest in ASICs.

I will slowly build a small menagerie of various ASICs. Whatever I can find at a good price as I have the cash.

I have the added expense of a 1 year old daughter now, so spare cash is extra rare.

Yes we know you need diapers, certainly Benjamin Franklin would have it be so.  I can't see if you have a BEN donation link but I am sure it will be prosperous for you to have one.  I myself will contribute to the diaper fund if for nothing less than to control the crap vector.

As for mining scrypt it is well to do so.  Seeing this I bought LTC around 2.50 USD.  I think the scrypt blockchain are fully viable, just beware like you describe, the hardware lag.  I am very slow to mining because I had my price points as to when it would be cost effective to get rocking with a blockchain but I made my 'profit' by buying 1: BTC at 70 USD and 2: LTC at 2.50 USD...

...So now both are a bit battered and fried and that is fine, each blockchain represents so many fiable miners of note.  I can only pray that they will give orders to peel a few (just a few thanks) pennies or nickles or dimes worth of hashpower to us.  BTC LTC and BEN and DOGE let's say, to form so great 4 x 4 squaring of two scrypt blockchaines and two SHA of the same goal = Satoshi's brilliant notion that group work could prove nodes to be false and omit them from the chain.  Honesty in motion, is what a blockchain is.  I sensed that so I jumped through the hoops and 'scored' somewhat.

But I hold all my crypto long and I am loathe to part with it.  I have spoken much of yon cryptocoins and of maths which I myself am weak upon paper and notepad.  To wit, these common folke know little of the "botcoins or bitcoins or whatever its called", as they say to me with blinking eyes -- they just want things to work.

So, as I consider the .5 BTC I spent to get my bit erupter cube, which I got using my [somenumber] of LTC which I converted from having bought them with BTC which I had months before bought with USD, well, I thought to myself, "I shall mine Benjamins, because of the spirit I sense in this kid who is running this thread."  ...Sadly, my bit erupt-er came too late to build up too many Benjamins in the launch but that's okay, if I sell my boat I can buy all 2.5 million coins no problem.  Hehe, I plan that if the price of BTC and LTC will double from hee, I will spend whatever profits I make by holding Benjamins, on buying more open source hash power, for the Benjamin blockchain.  ...Also just kidding my boat is a canoe and not worth 20k.  Also, I neither have a canoe.

The bell of Liberty doth ring most favourably when a block of Benjamins is found and 100 coins are dispersed unto this impossible weight of math.  I say unto thee, compete with me, and I shall be happy with 1 single Benjamin a day as my wage.

edit

Also poogasm what diapers do you buy we might be able to buy them in bulk and distribute them.  A BEN/Huggies and BEN/Luvs exchange or whatever the brands are.  Buying wholesale.  Anyway generic diapers are good enough.  Also, this exchange would be family friendly.  ...Or, perhaps we could go 1776 and choose some greenfriendy type of diaper.  What are the disadvantages of ye clothe diaper, as Benjamin Franklin might ask.  Also, layering the kids in clothes prevents poo leakage.

doctormandrake

Activity: 452

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:48:00 AM

until there is a long term solution, any extra hash power is useful right now, including hoppers, to get to the next diff adjustment in any kind of reasonable timeframe require alot more hashing.

Doc I sent you a Ben just for sticking in there, and also to see how long it takes for you to get it.   Tongue

it arrived 4/5/2014 at 02:05
doctormandrake

Activity: 452

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:51:02 AM

u1's are a better deal and if you buy with btc they can get very cheap. I have the u2's as well and they are not worth more (I find the u1s superior as they fit in hubs way better and sacrificing hubspace makes the u2s cost alot more to gain a few hundred mh).   The price on s1's is getting pretty tempting as well, when they are not sold out.
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:02:49 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 07:50:06 AM by itsunderstood

Doc I sent you a Ben just for sticking in there, and also to see how long it takes for you to get it.   Tongue
it arrived 4/5/2014 at 02:05

Nice!  3 Days!

Better than coast to coast pony express or even SR-71 Blackbird full of gold coins!

Well, the Blackbird get coins to you quicker but there's lots of overhead.

======
Here is the math on what it would take to use an SR-71 to transport dough:

SR-71 Blackbird:

Payload: 3500 lbs = 3500 * 16 ounces = 56,000 oz * 1000 USD [gold spot] =

So $56,000,000 USD in gold can be sent via SR-71 Blackbird

HOWEVER

http://www.presseurop.eu/en/content/article/315731-why-criminals-love-500-note

[...]

One million dollars in 100 dollar bills weigh almost 10 kilos;
in 500 euro bills, the same sum weighs less than two.

So 2 kilograms = about 4.5 lbs or 72oz

so Black bird payload in metric is 1587kg
or 793,000,000 USD in Eurofiat

hmm Blackbird payload in gold bullion   = 560.000,000 USD
hmm Blackbird payload in eurofiat 500   = 793,000,000 USD
hmm Blackbird payload in USD fiat 100   = 158,000,000 USD

edit

============

B2

Empty weight: 158,000 lb (71,700 kg)
Loaded weight: 336,500 lb (152,200 kg)
Max. takeoff weight: 376,000 lb (170,600 kg)
Fuel Capacity: 167,000 pounds (75,750 kg)

158 + 167 = 325,000 lbs empty
376,000 max takeoff - 325,000
= 50,000 lbs (or 22,679 kilos) of lifting capacity in the B2

so 4.5 kilo = 1 million USD os 4.5 into 22,679 = 11,339,000,000 USD in eurofiat 500 notes can be ferried by the B2.  

That's quite a lifting unit. Both have the same lbfeet of thrust (about 70,000 lbs or 35 tons of thrust) but its wingspace that let you lift the heavy loads.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:02:57 AM

Okay Doc I sent you another Ben at 00:00 PST.  Please tell me when you get it, we need to know TX times even though blocks take forever.

Poogasm

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:54:44 AM

Since the question was asked:

We split between Huggies and cloth.
Huggies for when we go out, because omfg cloth are a pain in the ass when you are not at home. They leak so damned quick.
Cloth are what we wanted to use all the time, but it is just too much hassle for full time.

I used to have my Ben addy, as well as BTC and LTC in my sig, but I switched to the Ben advert, because, well, I love Ben.
I am tempted to switch back, but, I still love Ben.
So, for now, this is my Ben addy should anyone wanna throw some my way:
1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9

Doc Mandrake,
I am glad you said what you did about the 2s, I had been wondering if there was a real benefit to getting the 2s for such a small gain in hashrate. I would rather snatch up a 1 per week if I can based on what you said. Thank you for the input.
I realize trying to save up a bit for something larger right now just wont work, whenever there is a bit of extra money, something seems to come up that Madolyn needs and there goes the money so Antminers are probably my best bet for now. (of course, if scrypt would stop flopping around being worthless, maybe I could make some BTC that way and get something bigger....)
Also, do you have a good lead on someone selling Ants for BTC? I have all of .3 BTC left, maybe can grab a couple with that.

Edit: screw it, I changed my sig for now

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:15:41 AM

Since the question was asked:

We split between Huggies and cloth.
Huggies for when we go out, because omfg cloth are a pain in the ass when you are not at home. They leak so damned quick.
Cloth are what we wanted to use all the time, but it is just too much hassle for full time.

I used to have my Ben addy, as well as BTC and LTC in my sig, but I switched to the Ben advert, because, well, I love Ben.
I am tempted to switch back, but, I still love Ben.
So, for now, this is my Ben addy should anyone wanna throw some my way:
1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9

http://www.diapers.com/p/huggies-snug-and-dry-diapers-economy-plus-case-1022979
246 ct @ $38.23 with code WOW3MONTHS

0.007 USD per BEN @ .00001771
0.07 USD per 10 BEN (so 10BEN = 7 pennies)

So 38.23 is the code price but I noticed they make it back by charging shipping whereas they give free shipping wihout the code (business derp) So I am guessing 50 bucks for this box of 246 diapers shipped to you.

246/50 = about 20 cents each for each diaper.  Pretty cheap at the costco size levels, lol

so 30 BEN per diaper at .00001771.  I will send you 30 BEN in good faith once they populate to my wallet which at this rate will be when she is in college.  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: