Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:37:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!!  (Read 94313 times)
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:48:15 PM

Well when I try to compile main in VS I get

Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: Benjamins-master, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
1>main.cpp
1>c:\benjaminsmaster\benjamins-master\src\uint256.h(11) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'inttypes.h': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\benjaminsmaster\Benjamins-master\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Benjamins-master - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Hmm so I am not seeing this inttypes.h in the src folder...  I am reading this thread to understand if it can even be compiled on Windows?? https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/3237  ...Well, anyway has anyone else successfully compile from the master source, in Windows, and did you get this error?  Thanks.

I am also reading this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225163.0;all

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:36:36 PM

Okay so I am going to try and compile the Benjamins source in Linux, sounds impossible in Windows unless I remove all ref's to the above.

So I am installing Ubuntu on VirBox and preparing to compile. ...So I read this thread: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/416/how-do-i-build-bitcoin-from-source-in-linux

Where the best answer says this:

how-do-i-build-bitcoin-from-source-in-linux

ANSWER:

Basically, you do this:

Download the distribution tarball or repository. You can use the link on the project's GitHub page.

If you used the distribution tarball, unpack it.

Obtain any needed prerequisites. Things you may need include the development packages or source builds of: OpenSSL, Boost, libZ, GLib2, and BerkeleyDB. You should be able to use your distribution's development packages for everything with the possible exception of OpenSSL. I don't know offhand if Ubuntu ships a version that will work with the Bitcoin client (including ECDSA support). If not, rebuild OpenSSL from the source with default options.

[...more steps]

edit
----

OK never mind, OpenSSL is only a liability in some impelmentations, so the bitcoin implementation of it is safe.

I will continue to mine and update the thread in the spirit of some limping 1776 soldier who knoweth not even how to play a flute or drum, but must improvise!  Onward, in the spirit of Independence from tyranny!

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:50:31 AM

Hmm wow so Ubuntu under VirtualBox works nicely, but also I notice wow, it comes essentially with a functioning office suite.  Wow!  Okay so here is where I become a Linux user full time i guess since Microsoft lost even the ability to do that.  Roll Eyes

If i can compile the code then I can tweak it.  Indeed, the developer himselfe, Benjamin of Coin Fame, PM'd me early on and asked me if I was using unix and i said no not these days  --so then I am also a fool for using the Benjamins binary, except that, a lot of people use the binaries, and I think Ben is being straightforward, his .exe is fine I am pretty sure.  Wink  But I would like to learn all the fun grassroots activities of development, like, compiling code in unix.  Oh joy!  /sarc

And since his code doesn't compile out of the box in Windows, I figure I am now hot on the trail of what is a reasonable learning curve for freedom.  Yes, we would say that Benjamin Franklin himselfe would be more involved with all the nitty gritty of unix, ah how fun it is /doublesarc

Well, I wasted a perfect day inside, it was 72 degrees and lovely.  Oh well that is the life of the developer.  Anyway, myself I will be mining on in the 1776 spirit.  I hope the devs will try to get the ABE explorer working reliably or at least ping the thread.  i am sure people have day jobs but I am between those, so I have a few weeks to spend on this.  [shrugs]  It feels good to mine something forthrite, and invoked in the right spirit, no matter what the future bring.

Poogasm

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:35:38 AM

It appears Ben hasn't logged on since the 31st. I fear he may have given up.

I may have to join you for the crash refresher Linux course.

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:06:03 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 05:16:59 PM by itsunderstood

It appears Ben hasn't logged on since the 31st. I fear he may have given up.

I may have to join you for the crash refresher Linux course.

It is normal for him to be embarrassed in terms of being a young person.  Being ashamed of even the tiniest error, is normal for young people.  So, he launched his coin with potentially insane difficulty due to a simple error.

All this does is make BEN a true strong bitcoin sibling SHA coin.  However, altering this blockchain without the massive excellent bitcoin dev team, will take as long as one blacksmith trying to outfit a nation.

So, yeah, I will try to compile the source on Linux asap and then we can see what changes to the code, can break or make.  A few testers (like what I think Ben was asking me when he asked if I am on unix) and we will be fine to fork, long before the difficulty change (which at this rate will be in years lol).

I would have switched to UNIX long ago and dealt with all the extra pain, if I had known stupid M$ would literally Enron their whole company.  I regret every second I ever spent listening to Bill Gates, I should have switched to linux the minute Vista came out.  Heh, but I kept hoping that M$ would somehow pull out of their idiocy, but no.  They have about 75 billion dollars hidden in foreign banks and they are killing the most successful operating system ever (XP) which has 27% of the market.  Literally it is Enron or Ayn Rand type "destroy my own company because I can" Ken Lay Globalcom type scam revelations that are happening now.  That is the only reason for M$ to totally fumble their business and then pray for Nokia to save them.  Oh I guess next we will see Enron rebrand itself.  How about Enron Toothpaste?  Haha.

Okay well yes poogasm, you and me brah.  Hmm, Benjamin, where'd you go?  Is it your girlfriend or something who is telling you you spend too much time on the computer?  What's your deal bro?  Well anyway poogasm, yes, just download virtualbox [  https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads‎/   ] and set up ubuntu from the .iso [  www.ubuntu.com/download  ] or whichever flavor you want.  Then proceed to install and enjoy the nice desktop.

So from there I'll try to compile the Benjamins master and see if it can even compile.  Then, we will alter it as we like, to suit the spirit of Benjamin Franklin, who definitely was not a flake, who would disappear for weeks at a time.  No, what we need is more like you, poogasm.  We need more users who can come up with great usernames on forums, but who also can work on a blockchain as if it were the very device by which their children would be fed.  Because as we can see, all the companies and governments, are purposefully gaming 80% of the people on Earth, OFF the Earth.  So, in the true spirit of '76, life or death, no retreat, I will continue to mine Benjamins on hasher.ca using my little bit erupter.  It is trying to erupt a new way forward, not just some bits.  I am saying all the tech companies hate the very essence of freedom.  Therefore, if Ben leave this coin and spirit on the battlefield, who will help us lift it?  What people are desirous of  better way forward in terms of both tech, and justice, and money, and life itself?

Anyway, life and UNIX are kinda like oxymoron concept, totally one has nothing to do with the other.  But in this case, unix and knowledge of C++ and merkle chains and large numbers and algorithms, are like knowledge of shipwright and carpenter and woodsman.  Yes, a virtual linux box today is akin to the musket of yesterday.  I will not be surprised when miners of any cryptocoin are prosecuted as criminals, so fierce will the enemy's greed, become.  There, again, in hopes of conjuring a 1776 spirit for truth and true money, I entreat all who love freedom, to gether ye mining gear and begin to mine Benjamins at this crucial time!  There is no fate but what we MINE for ourselves!  The future beckons!

Okay poogasm, yep, PM me as you like, at least there is a pulse of 1776 spirit somewhere on Earth.  The price is moving as people do buy but I want them to buy and hold (meaning do not sell on market but gift them to friends)  There enough pump and dumps, we need something real, something with a spine.  So until this difficulty hell is forked, Benjmains is a slow moving coin (days for confirmations) and rare enough in its creations that it makes sense for people to buy and hold on any market.  Just get the Benjamins wallet, buy and send coins, hold for 20 years.  Personally I have no desire to quit, I am not sure what makes a quitter, but Ben F sure as hell was not one.

I just wish there was more of an understanding that mining is crucial to freedom.  A biterupter cube or Ant is like a digital money press, and I am 100% sure eventually all unauthorized cryptocoin mining will be militarized or prosecuted.  Not saying I can see the future but I know the past well enough to know, that making coins (processing any blockchain) is totally something that governments cannot allow for long.  THEREFORE:  Mine with me, in the spirit of 1776 and yes, let us understand the code together.  Grip your mining gear tightly and run it 24/7 as if it were a rope of hope thrown to the future generations.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:07:15 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 06:18:51 PM by itsunderstood

As to the "Then download and compile OpenSSL" instructions on the "how to compile the bitcoin[or Benjamins] code in linux" above...

I did a bit more digging to find out about how bad Heartbleed is, and who is affected:

[...]

One of the companies affected by the vulnerability was password manager LastPass, but the company upgraded its servers as of 5:47 a.m. PT Tuesday, spokesman Joe Siegrist said. "LastPass is quite unique in that nearly all your data is also encrypted with a key that LastPass servers never get -- so this bug could not have exposed customer's encrypted data," Siegrist added.

The bug afflicts version 1.0.1 and 1.0.2-beta releases of OpenSSL, server software that ships with many versions of Linux and is used in popular Web servers, according to the OpenSSL project's advisory on Monday night. OpenSSL has released version 1.0.1g to fix the bug, but many Web site operators will have to scramble to update the software. In addition, they'll have to revoke security certificates that now might be compromised.

"Heartbleed is massive. Check your OpenSSL!" tweeted Nginx in a warning Tuesday.

OpenSSL is one implementation of the encryption technology variously called SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) or TLS (Transport Layer Security). It's what keeps prying eyes out of communications between a Web browser and Web server, but it's also used in other online services such as email and instant messaging, Codenomicon said.

Okay so note to Paysha and others being patient with developers while the fog-of-war as to Internet and the tech industries being utterly destroyed and/or militarized/nationalized: What I am ultimately wanting to do is exactly what LastPass says they do:  Encrypt with a key hidden from the servers.  I MEAN DUH, really, if it were not for lazy devs, would there be a cyberwar?  Therefore also should the POS solution given to the vendors have this same sort of triad(hidden three party)-style key protection.  NOTHING LIKE HEARTBLEED SHOULD EVER HAVE HAPPENED.  Damn!

So I post this here, so that we can use the Benjamins launch thread for what it really is:  A moment of 1776 rebellion, yes, cracked somewhat oddly, but as a result: All the more valuable.  Not just in terms of rareness, but of its ability to divide wheat from chaff in these times of no safe harbor.  If your developers are paid by huge corporations: Probably they have no balls or souls left.  If your dev is not paid by corporations, but is a poor, open source, grass roots project, well, maybe it is some kid who hath some skills beyond his age, but not the life experience to fully ken know what he is doing yet.  So, the third way is to become a developer yourself.  Let this thread provoke you to action!  Mine Benjamins!  Run Linux!  Hear the bell toll, for it tolls for us, we who used to love free computing and must now wake up to the cyberwar and all its implications.

edit

http://heartbleed.com/

NOTE: In terms of normal war, you can't secretly wage a war and then reveal it, thereby altering a peaceful planet and making it a war planet overnight.  Because real armies move on land and over water, etc.

But here you have essentially, a forest of tech-trees, if you will.  They all have healthy looking bark, and are 99% rotted hollow crap on the inside.  They pay insane wages, for crap devs (maybe not crap PEOPLE but the stuff they make is crap) and then they wink at the holes, knowing they will use those holes as f*ck-vectors, eventually.  Like in that famous scene in war games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1A4B9AzFNU

"Mister Potato Head!!  Backdoors are not secrets!"

So, it is time for all good men and women of 1776 mindset, to, uh, become developers.  Because all the rest of them are mostly letting us down.

digital7

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:10:35 PM

The price has nearly doubled since we said we didn't plan on a fork. Is that a sign that we did the right thing?
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:24:54 PM

The price has nearly doubled since we said we didn't plan on a fork. Is that a sign that we did the right thing?

No.  But the price reflects people buying, that's all.  They could buy because of some thing someone says, or just hope of 1776 type common sense.

FWIW I was a series 7 licensed stockbroker in 1991.  I left because I saw what a hell of thievery the whole markets were.  Not just the participants, but the broker-dealer houses, the clearing houses, the SEC --EVERYTHING is a theft-fest.  I myself cannot of good conscience steal, so I left the profession.  So then I went into IT, and it now has become a huge theft mechanism.

So yeah, when I came onto this thread, I soured a few, but where are they now?  I said "Don't fork it, leave it be, you need a strong blockchain"  ...So maybe you are right, that I was right.  But now I must say, I was still wrong because I didn't understand the need for TX times to be faster.  HOWEVER, as I said from the git go, you need to encourage regular mom and pop and POS merchants, to become miners, on prinicple, or because you return some profit to them.  So, yes, in a way I wanted the blockchain for Ben to stay just as it was: A full bitcoin clone with uber hard difficulty.  Yes, if the price goes up that's fine, but 80% of the time it is market-dumpers or bots, so hold long and circulate the Benjamin coins through friends and families who run the wallet, this way coins will circulate, wallet will exchange coins, etc.  Sure, it is like we are whittling coins out of spun gold, in terms of mining.  But then, commerce cannot run on coins made of spun gold.

HOPE, however, CAN run on coins made of spun gold.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:55:00 PM

I will say that I was right in terms of micro-markets where I said "encourage mom and pop POS merchants to mine Benjamins" ...because at that time the price was being dumped down to .00001

if you (or anybody smart enough to grasp my idea) would have done so, you'd have doubled your "money" in terms of Benjamins.  Whoop de doo, you doubeled a cryptocoin.  ...For the record, I bought 1000 BEN at .00002 and I wouldn't sell them even at 1 btc per BEN.  Why?  Because neither do I sell my BTC and I always feel angry when having to part with some, or when some BTC of mine is stolen by some thieving sh*ts of which the whole blockchain is now infested.  ALSO: I did not hover second-to-second over the price of BEN so that I could scoop up 50k of thm at .00001 and then "dump" them at .00002  I DON'T THINK THAT WAY but robots and robotic humans, do.

Let's be frank:  Breaking benches and manipulating markets is part of the game: But you do not have to play.

I have always said (under the psuendonym: gembouncer ) that in order to have true money, you have to have true community.  And yes guess what, all the SR types are actually also your countrymen who vote, who have parents who love them, etc.  Silk Road was on of the coolest things any American ever built, and the people allow the COURTS who know 0% about tech at all, to prosecute them?  That's absurd.  SO, it is not only the hypocrisy of MERCANTILISM which you float on your own heads (as do I a participant in the thing), but also the concept of justice.

Hey, tell you what:  Let's not patronize ourselves m'kay?  A thread on the Internet can change the world.  But, toward what change, in the world and in yourselves, would you move?  Mining a coin, takes no effort and little cost.

Mine what coin you feel provides you a free future.  As to law, and lawyers, they have nothing to do with money.  The law is blind, or is it the lady who is blind?  Well, I am as good at law as I am at programming, but in both cases I have 100s of books on both subjects.  I find books to be the most valuable thing a person can own.  As did Benjamin Franklin, whose spirit be roused in this thread.

Also, since this is a "launch" thread, well, let us say this thread can go on in this way, in this forum, just as it is, for months, and that is well.  Why do I say this?  Because see, launch is where you spend the majority of your energy, in terms of rockets/delivery vehicles.  You spend 90% of the energy getting to space where then with small poofs of energy you can float to say, jupiter (largest mass other than the sun) or some other star if that be your goal.  So, Benjamin the coinman, is still my homeboy tho he is AWOL, because he built, christened and launched this payload.  It is not a payload like some crapass virus writer or weakass stupid holes-creating developer will do.  No, this payload gets launched in stages.

Indeed. every blockchain fork, is like a stage of a rocket.  Even now, the first stage seems to have only 200gh of net power??  That's like five or six feeble biteruptors.  And yet, it is enough at this right time.  Join us, and mine Benjamins unto the future.  There are some million + mined so far, and we will see this blockchain forward come hell or high water, there will be a future of some worth.  Let us make that future.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:33:59 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255622.0

^^^ This is an amazing thread which I am parsing right now.

It is so funny to me, people who remember IP/HTML before G00gle or Droid massive crapware and mindsets, ever came around.  The world was better before them.  But anyway, they are the only ones with the muscle to make either a cryptocoin or 2FA work, without money from the plebes.

That's why g00g has all 2FA because their 'open source' code for it, is powered by the money they made claiming all of the Internet prior to their purchase of dejanews.  Nobody owned usenet, it was a human creation, to me, g00gle is a failure as a person.  But, still better than most corporations masquerading as 'persons'.

I am not a security professional, however, just a pro at common sense and being right years after the fact.  I have spent the morning resetting pw'ds and listening to more "Use 2FA or be denied access" mantra, which actually allows g00g to herd everyone into their arms, because open source doesn't mean < 5% of the humans will compile it themselves, including me.  But I see now, today, that I have been lazy.  I can never trust any brand with anything at all.  I will cleave unto the brand of Benjamin Franklin, yes, even to ken this MIT-licensed code which is mostly created by ghostly uber-tech people who have what knowledge of history?  Can they look backward, as easily as they look forward, or in the mirror, or the false mirror of facebook?  That is the 1776 question; Why would any MIT nerdgeek, completely unable to function in society, ever value te time prior to their knowledge set?

What were diesel train engineers, in the age of steam locomotives?  How long was the transition from Mr. Diesel's engine, to the elimination of the entire class of unionized workers called "Boilermakers and Steam Engineers"?

If you don't understand the question above, reread it with the ghost of Ben Franklin hovering over your shoulder.  He didn't even have steam locomotives.  To him, they simply beg for electricity.  You see?  Because the diesel mechanics still do well, only that the diesel turns a turbine now.  So, electrics kinda elbowed the market away from diesel.  But, is that to say that Ben Franklin would have no use for steam boilers as locomotive or energy power?  No, he would see that common sense says it will be useful in all timelines.  So what I am describing and performing in my filling this voided thread with information, and by mining Benjamins, is how we all can come to understand locomotion and launch of technology, in the eyes of the simple humble American colonists of 1776.  They would have given their eye teeth, had they any left that is, to have steam locomotion.  They would have indeed, fought great wars to have it, so empowering was steam power, though all its machines were left to time and dust.  BUT, not all machines left on the mercantile battlefields of the past, will rust or rot.  Some are made so openly and truthfully as machines, that they will fire up and work in any timeframe. One only needs to have the will and eye, to see that it can be so.

However, understanding and forking the current bitcoin/Ben code, is kinda like one dude trying to get his steam engine rolling.  Damn, I mean the pieces alone of a good steam train weigh in the hundreds of pounds and can easily remove a finger or foot if you drop them!  Not to mention the dangers of rails meeting wheel, many a man no doubt severed in half by the train wheel itself.  Therefore, fear not this so called "development" any more than a giant 20 ton hunk of scalding hot water and meatl which can get you coast to coast.  All tech has its peril, but whom are the blacksmiths and the workers?  Perhaps this is indeed a new age.  So I look to the future, not to the present.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:10:22 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=193444.80

^^^ This thread is super relevant to the discussion as to Benjamins.

Feathercoin got whacked around for how long now?  Who is doing the post mortem or whatever on this coin?  I own some 400 FTC on btc-e they are uber useless.  YET somehow FTC has bu-koo market cap??  Typically they have 23k USD in 24 hour volume ...For what I wonder?  Huh.  Still my feathercoins are as light as a feather in terms of having merit.  Or in terms of being open sourced.  I will have to hold them long until someone blows under their feather?  LOL   Cheesy

http://bitinfocharts.com/markets/btc-e/ftc-btc-all.html  <<< All time FTC chart, awesome to ponder...

https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/ftc <<< FTC totally an "exchange" coin, still, quite useful to some?

Now compare Benjamin launch and short life (a baby clone of bitcoin in fact):

This shows Ben's market performance cap-wise against BTC and USD since launch:
http://coinmarketcap.com/ben_7.html

Here is the Ben ranking on market cap:
http://coinmarketcap.com/all.html

RANKING/NAME            USD>BTC CAP VAL   VAL IN USD         TOTAL COINS      VOL 24H IN USD
15    Feathercoin          $3,798,534.            $ 0.096923             39,191,250         $ 23,445

[...]

137    Benjamins            $    16,383.            $ 0.006752              2,426,400         $     551

...So based on the above, I would say btc-e is a decent exchange, and that FTC has support from them (and cryptsy) but also that Ben is a different coin than this.  However, to bring Benjamins at least to the level of an alt coinrape victim of FTC would mean an upward price correction for Benjamins, even with no fork.  if we keep the bottom here at 200gh and people can deal with days and weeks to find blocks for the next 1940 blocks, then the price should rise much, gifting will happen, and good things.

But yes, how many holders of FTC like myself, yearn to involve themselves more in a blockchain?  Well here is the thread and time and place to pitch in.  Start by mining, it is like ringing a bell 24/7.  In this case, a bell of liberty (though we are not mariners are we?)

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:59:16 PM

http://bitinfocharts.com/market-comparison/btc-e/ftc-btc/cryptsy/ben-btc-1m.html  <<< This chart 1 month shows BEN favorably slowly building against FTC in terms of BTC.

https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/pi/btc/atomic-trade/10-days  <<< This coin shows how some coins can be saddled on both sides with absurd bid/ask with 11 BTC bid and 40 BTC ask haha, all very old school manipulation of exchanges and markets.  Like I said, I was a stockbroker who was not interested in stealing, but it doesn't mean I don't understand theft as profit.  I just think Benjamin Franklin would not be a pick pocket or coinstealing douche.  If you agree with me, then mine and gift Benjamins.

Let the price find its own floatation level exactly on the level of its development.  Right now, it is a dinghy.  If I had 10 grand USD I would buy all shares on market, and perform a 51% grab on this blockchain if only to own it for Ben Franklin.  As it is, I assume it is Ben who is providing the other 150gh which we at hasher.ca are not.  But at what price liberty?

In these times of theft and modern idiocy, we need a calm resonant bell to ring.  So, mine Benjamins or buy some few hundreds of dollars of them on cryptsy or other fine exchanges hosting BEN markets, and gift them to your friends running the Benjamins wallet.   Get your family interested in cryptocoin development because for god's sake we cannot leave it in the hands of developers.

@gart

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:13:25 PM

Hi all,

I am interested in long-term coin BEN.
I have an account on Cryptsy and I would like
to slowly buy coins and sent them to my paper wallet.
I have generated address.
There is the information on a web page:

"Simply enter an address, transaction number,
and more to find more information about balances,
confirmations, and much more with a few clicks! "  Undecided

but it does not work. Please send me the information
if I buy coins BEN now and I'll send them to my address wallet is will
the coins as will be running ABE Explorer?

Cheers,
Jacek
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:31:04 PM

Hi all,

I am interested in long-term coin BEN.
I have an account on Cryptsy and I would like
to slowly buy coins and sent them to my paper wallet.
I have generated address.
There is the information on a web page:

"Simply enter an address, transaction number,
and more to find more information about balances,
confirmations, and much more with a few clicks! "  Undecided

but it does not work. Please send me the information
if I buy coins BEN now and I'll send them to my address wallet is will
the coins as will be running ABE Explorer?

Cheers,
Jacek

Well, if you have purchased on Cryptsy then that is fine.  To transfer them, sure you could use a wallet at the Benjamins site, but also you could just use your address from within the client.  Are you saying you want help using the paper wallets from Ben's site?  If so, you could pray that he shows up to the thread again.

But, I am mining and yes I do xfer my coins to my local wallet.  ...Do you want help with transferring to your local wallet in the client?  Because that's probably the best place to keep your Benjamins.

So anyway, at 192gh and 3 miners on hasher.ca, I guess there is little appetite for any common sense or 1776 spirit among miners of this era.  However, we do have at least three miners on hasher who have the long term vision to see what can be done.  I will mine until I either get more miners to join me or until I am the last miner on the 1776 modality.  In the end, I will mine this blockchain alone, if only to say that the madness must stop here.

Indeed, it took 100+ super smart devs to get the bitcoin code to this point, where it can be launched and dropped in 3 months time.  BUT NO, the spirit of Benjamin Franklin shall not be so carelessly roused.  I am glad to see people buy Benjamins, as you did, but have you ever given thought to mining?  To actually using the equipment to mine a blockchain on principle?  

For my part, I see this source code as easily modifiable toward all kinds of COTUS-enabling ways, to have freedom and real money, and a better vote, as our founding fathers would have.

It is fine to buy Ben, that's nice, but what we need are people who have enough willpower and determination and awareness of how the bread-gets-baked, to actually buy and configure SHA mining gear like the bit erupter or Antminer.  I would love to help you reach the level of actually pushing a 1776 capable true blockchain forward.  But if you have questions about xferring coins to the paper wallets I would say don't use them until A: Ben explains if he even cares , or B: He transfers the websites and the concept to someone who DOES care.

It is good to buy the coin, but what we need are miners, because miners of sufficient awareness, can defeat coin manipulations and semi-cogent dev crews.  We need regular people compiling the code and mining.  Join us friend, and lend a hand to the desire for liberty and freedom and real COTUS style non debauchable money in the form of math work done.

How shall ye debauch a cryptocoin?  I am quite happy that at least Ben gave us good code.  We will fork it before 1939 blocks pass.  Indeed, whom shall challenge Benjamin Franklin to a long-term contest of strategy?  As a man, he was the sort of man who would always wager on the common man.  And as common folk, we must see that code, is the hoe and shovel and rake, of this era.  Let us learn to understand it, and discuss it here.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:32:08 AM

Massively obtuse and ingenious nerdtalks on this thread:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7548991

It relates to OpenSSL exploit 'heartbleed' which has been operating for 2 years.

So, every cert has been rooteds, all certs will probably have to be reissued and anyway how long will the certificate authority be trusted if they haven't already been rooted?

How quickly can every cert and hardcoded OpenSSL device (cisco has 67 I saw) be taken out of the wild and reissued?  Haha, not very, is the answer.

I will use this thread to explain the horror of heartbleed in terms of POS data, but also as an IT worker, this total complete f-up of certificates is bullish for employment.  Now all we need to do is eleimnate all the temporary employment middlemen douchecompanies.

Sorry, I got off on a tagnet there, but anyway. I am glad Paysha is being patient and letting me go on about security.  Like I said, I have been in a lot of meetings and the security guy always gets ignored.  Hopefully now, the security convo becomes the primary one.  But, with code like this and devs like these, who has time to understand the Constitution?

I will have to read the Constitution later I guess.  Wink  But while I read this code and try to compile it in linux, I will continue to mine the Benjamins blockchain as if the bell of liberty were not the size of a thimble but a stadium.

Let freedom ring out e'n if it takes us a week to find every 100 coins hereforth.  Get your friends to run the wallet, read the code, contribute to the thread, mine the blockchain. etc.  Now is the time, for regular ordinary greatness.  A ghost has been roused that will not so easily be put down.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:52:34 AM

https://gist.github.com/takeshixx/10107280

^^^ Do not click this unless you want to understand code at the highest level.  Or unless you have the skills to start/abandon a chunk of code, like these kids today seem to do.   Wink

But what is funny to me, is that exploitation and theft and poroof of 'smartness', gather up dozens, nay, thousands of 'developers' to show how fucked the whole thing is.

But, ken ye not, that a blockchaine, be like a chain of links, forged each one, by men and women, who with their own sweat and electricity, seek to find a way forward, beyond the experts? 

Anyway I had to share this link above it is just too good to see how quickly people flock to the biggest facepalm of all crypto.  Wow, I am obviously going to do well in the next few years as a burgeoning C developer with some sense!  In the meantime, I shall mine Benjamins in the 1776 spirit.  Every three or four days, we find 100 more.  That is no so bad a pace.  Buy to hold long term, also, consider that holding without mining, is like electing politicians or paying developers; You will not always like the results!  Therefore, do mine Benjamins my friends!

@gart

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:34:54 PM

Thank you for the information. I do not know about mining coins  Undecided but I can send a message to my friends.
I can also open a thread Benjamins and mining in the forum about cryptocurrency (forum.bitcoin.pl) and give a link to that forum.
There are many people who practice mining and maybe someone will be interested due to mining Benjamins. I'll do it today.

I have a questions: how to move the Benjamins from a paper wallet to the benjamins-qt? I downloaded the Benjamins wallet,
but it is not synchronized and is not connected to the network.
Please help if possible in this situation.
Some time ago I bought Benjamins on Cryptsy and sent them on paper wallet.
I want to keep Benjamins and have them in the future. What do I do?
Where to send the Benjamins from Cryptsy now?
Counterpartybtc

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:41:07 PM

It is true the world is rushing toward tard devices like tablets.  That is stupid and folly.  And yet, we cannot stop them, so there are three choices (since mobile devices CANNOT EVER be made secure), we can 1: become thieves and thugs, or 2: step away from it and call it someone else's problem, or 3: design a coin that becomes the POS solution.  For my Benjamins, I can see many partners trying to bring POS payment process, but I am yet to be convinced there are any brains in these schemes for POS security.  But, bear in mind, I am an IT worker for ten years at the systems level.  Like I said earlier, meetings are mostly just full of stupid ideas.  This idea that POS will come later, fits someone's plan for some idea of theirs, but it's not an idea which has mental bouyancy, just profit.  And profit is not intelligence.  Indeed, the thieves are the best capitalists, but do we call thieves intelligent.

Bitnet. VkufgUMzowfCZ895GbEsYEnt8vJ2FtEPCF
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:07:14 PM

I will respond to my freinds above who have the required enthusiasm.

But I just wanted to say I switched in MeTV (channel here in Calirnoia) and what do you know, it's Benjamin Franklin appearing in an old episode of Daniel Boone!  It is the episode where Daniel and money printing and good old Benjamin Franklin the wittiest dryest funny man a nation ever raised up.

So when I see people respond to this message buy buying Ben and lifting the price, that is well.  We will analyze the sells on Benjamins soon, I am not sure about how to fork but one thing I hate is the pump and dumpers, so if you take 20 bucks and convert it to Benjamins, look at it like gambling on your kids future.  No college, will take care of them, nor will any employer.  However the means to move capital or exchange funds, is a god given right, which will be very useful in the future.

Benjamin Franklin's spirit is with us for the moment, but we need more miners to push us through these 1938 next blocks.  At 3 days each it will take some 4000 years to mine to the next difficulty.  But at least in the mean time, there is a steady output of Benjamins.  Assuming we trust Benjamin-the-dev who shows up every month or so, to not have put any malicious code inside, then we have a good benefactor/dev who will launch his coin fairly, deliver the source code openly, and not abandon us, and will not dump his BEN coins if the buyers trickle in.   

...I am concerned with the holders who are poised to dump coin if the thing gets up to .00004  ---Do people really want to dump the spirit of Ben Franklin to make a cryptocoin profit of some few hundreds-dollars??  Please no, hold your BEN coins long in the hopes of some better future or that Benjamin the Coder will continue to learn and bless his thread and coin here with the occasional post.

But when I turned on random TV and saw at first, the man himselfe Benjamin Franklin on the screen.  Hehe, it made me smile.  But the price of Ben, is kinda a meaningless thing except to display enthusiasm.  The markets are but a reflection of the desire and willpower of those who actually build companies.  The markets build nothing, they are merely reactive to us, the people who actually do, and who care.  Yes, i would say it makes sense to convert a USD 100 bill into Benjamins, but I say let it ride on the hope of a better future, and yes, let it ride 4000 years if it takes that long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W982mgLSwS0

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:39:51 PM

Thank you for the information. I do not know about mining coins  Undecided but I can send a message to my friends.
I can also open a thread Benjamins and mining in the forum about cryptocurrency (forum.bitcoin.pl) and give a link to that forum.
There are many people who practice mining and maybe someone will be interested due to mining Benjamins. I'll do it today.

Awesome!  Yes, here is how to lend a hand to mining the original 1776 blockchain:

1: Get thee an Antminer or 10 of them plus a nice USB hub.
2: Come to this thread so we can help you set it up.
3: live every day knowing you are mining on principle, for the future, according to common sense that says people need realness.

As to your other ideas, they are excellent yes.  Indded the best thing to do is to hold them and criculate themwith friends and family, to ensure the TX flows keep moving.  ...Personally my own family maybe like a lot of you, is tired of hearing how computers will "help", and they have moved into the "computers kinda suck" modality.   ...If you look closely you will agree with me that many people are being set up to be damaged by tech.  That's kinda my point in this thread now:  People need to grab onto the tech that helps them, and mining a good blockchain is the real TRUE vote of today.  I vote for Benjamin Franklin and the COTUS and the Founders, every second I am mining Benjamins.  ...If nothing else, tell your friends all around the world that Benjamin the coder has managed to rouse a ghost which will not be put down due to simple coding errors.  If they feel the spirit, let them hold BEN coins like herilooms for te next 4000 years.  I will be here mining, unless I suffer power outage or loss of IP in which case we will need to get Benjamins operating on some other IP network, like maybe cellular IP.

Anyway it is hard to convince the non-tech people and what we need is enthusiasm, and you my friend have got that gart my visionary friend.

I have a questions: how to move the Benjamins from a paper wallet to the benjamins-qt? I downloaded the Benjamins wallet,
but it is not synchronized and is not connected to the network.

Long story short: Just use your deposit address within the Benjamins wallet client.  I would treat the paper wallets as being something that is not supported, since Ben-the-Dev rarely shows up and so let's consider his website on pit row for the moment, ready to drive off pit row soon to get back in the race (to use car racing analogy)  

You won't need a paper wallet yet since the entire market cap of BEN is like 20k USD there's not much risk of getting your BEN stolen, lol, but in the future, sure taking your coins into paper wallet (means: offline cold storage) will be a good defense idea.  We ain't there yet.

So, if you sent your cryptsy coins to a paper wallet address, then that is where they are.  So, they are essentially offline, trapped in that paper wallet.  No problem tho, it takes days for anything to happen on this steam train called BEN.  So, we have plenty of time to dig your coins out of paper, hehe.

Paper wallet just means "private key pair" and along with the notion behind Paysha, we see that on the BEN page, you are given two Q-codes --ONE is public and the other is private.  I assume you know this?  So, knowing that your private key is safe, the advantage of "paper wallet" is this:  Once you decide to take those coins out of the paper wallet (safety of a kind) and use them, you need to import that private key, into an actual wallet.  So, if your BEN is in your paper wallet, you can just relax.  You own them, just don't lose your private key.

Now, as to how to import a private key, I have never done it, but here are two links I foiund.  Essentially you go into HELP > DEBUG > CONSOLE and you follow the steps as with doge link listed.  Let me know if you get stuck, but also, relax because your Ben's are safe inside the blockchain, waiting the day when your private key will bring them back into play.  It is good that Benjamin launched his coin so openly and forthrightly, this he did well, even to prepare such a nice paper wallet page which is really slick.  But using them means your coins get wrapped up in the blockchain as "offline" and you need to bring them back in, only with some effort:

http://suchprofit.com/post/73748506645/how-to-import-dogecoin-address-to-my-wallet
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_import_private_keys

Please help if possible in this situation.
Some time ago I bought Benjamins on Cryptsy and sent them on paper wallet.
I want to keep Benjamins and have them in the future. What do I do?
Where to send the Benjamins from Cryptsy now?

Again, your BEN is safe, and you "own" it by owning your private key.

Hey buddy i would love to help you get mining with an Antminer or two.  Let me know if you want to put some electricity behind Benjamin blockchain in addition to your enthusiasm and market purchase!  Well done having faith and hope!

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: