Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:57:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!!  (Read 94313 times)
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:54:29 AM

Sorry to ask but I'm a n00b and was wonder, does the wallet just take a while to sync? 

It stopped 6 hours ago and hasn't budged since and I wasn't sure if this is normal or not.

Typically yes.  It can take a while.  It should tell you how many connections to the network you have and how far behind it is at least tho.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:00:35 AM

Sorry to ask but I'm a n00b and was wonder, does the wallet just take a while to sync? 

It stopped 6 hours ago and hasn't budged since and I wasn't sure if this is normal or not.

Typically yes.  It can take a while.  It should tell you how many connections to the network you have and how far behind it is at least tho.

Ok thanks.   Yes, it says I have 8 connections and last block received 7 hours ago.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:15:33 AM

Today I bought 300 BEN on exchanger and sent in my wallet, but no confirmation of the transaction.

Then I check the list of pools, there are also quiet, no block...

What's going on with this coin?

What's going on is that the dev made a small error in his original release such that the block times are in terms of days instead of minutes.  So, in terms of mining, we are mining coins that are like diamonds in the rough. 

If you bought, then I'd say hold long term, 10-30 years.  As for when they will show to your wallet, it is a matter of netwok confirms like with bitcoin after 7-8 confirms you are good, so it is just a matter of time.  In terms of exchanges, they register buys and sells on their own books, so until the coin is in your wallet, it is safe with your exchange (one assumes).  Let us know when they show up, and also, maybe get a miner and pitch in for the 1776 spirit.  In any case, I think you made the right choice, in terms of cost to mine, BEN should be higher, but I personally do not worry about price, but more about the honesty and open philosophy.

I am having a lot of fun reading the Ben source code and might be able to help fork it to faster TX times like, months from now but I am a total n00b to programming.  It feels good though, because I see a blockchain as being even more useful than a Constitution.  In terms of it being a device which can allow humans to literally own and hold the means to control their own commerce and lives.  If we build the right blockchain, we won't even need politicians, imo.  Though the men like Benjamin F. will always rise to the top due to common sense.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:33:30 AM

I see a blockchain as being even more useful than a Constitution.  In terms of it being a device which can allow humans to literally own and hold the means to control their own commerce and lives.  If we build the right blockchain, we won't even need politicians, imo.

I wanted to clarify this statement, because anyone who knows me knows I am a supporter of our leaders returning to the COTUS in terms of the rights it is supposed to defend.  The Bill of Rights, actually, the first ten amendments, is the essential component of the COTUS, the framewrok of it is simple to determine how the bodies of reps are chosen.

Two things I have learned about the COTUS:

1: It was intended to stop the government from being able to prosecute easily.  It's main purpose is to gum up and slow the government down.  I also found that a lot of the founders were sumggling --it was essentially a world where the Crown made everyone a criminal, and yes also, everyone contributed t the slave trade, a sure blight on history, and good riddance to man owning his fellowman.

And yet

2: The COTUS is a debt document foremost.  It is an essential instrument by which your nation agrees to pay its war debts mostly, but all debts.  Don't believe me?  Notice how the IMF was so eager to get Egypt to "write a Constitution!" when the government was in chaos?  What they meant to say was:  "You have to get a Constitution together before we can loan money to you!"  ...The reason for this can be found (as I found it by just reading) in Black Law Dictionary under the term "Constitutor" and the definition is "One who pays the debts of another."   ...So essentially, when Ben Franklin said  we had "A Republic if you can keep it" what he meant is "if you can manage its debts"

...So if anyone cares to argue these two points, I think it would improve my own knowledge but also will encourage a 1776 mindset which is sorely needed.  Debate and discussion, is totally lacking from our recieve-only TV world.  So, yes, disagree with me if you like.  I am no lawyer (by the grace of God not for lack of ability to win logically) but I feel I can interpret the COTUS as well as any Supreme Court judge, especially these traitors we had who killed JFK and gave a false report back when it mattered in 1963 followup events.  America lost its soul in 1963 and only 1776 can get us out of debt.

Well anyway, I wanted to flesh out my flippant comment, and obviously this makes it even worse, haha, because I am openly saying what everyone knows, that the US leaders don't give two shits about the COTUS, or the regular people, and they are coked out money-vampires  --and it's not even real money, it is fractionalized debt!  Any study of the Weimar events should tell you what to expect with certain fiat currencies not pegged to gold prior to wartime events.

A single block of Benjamins, is worth more than the all the wealth and officers and clerks and employees and entire apparatus of the Federal Reserve branches and all its officers, in terms of helping Americans.

*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

A single block of Benjamins, is worth more than the all the wealth and officers and clerks and employees and entire apparatus of the Federal Reserve branches and all its officers, in terms of helping Americans.

That's it! Right now I need 5-6 blocks to confirm the transaction... 
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:09:00 AM

Maybe this blunder is what makes Benjamin [BEN] what it is since its like "diging for diamonds" when Mining (Hard to Find)
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:11:13 AM

Maybe this blunder is what makes Benjamin [BEN] what it is since its like "diging for diamonds" when Mining (Hard to Find)

I suppose so, yeah, I mean I mine and it's not too costly with a single cube.  But having Benjamins go up in price only would cause market manips and such, so I would like to see it fork correctly for faster TX before it goes up or really catches wind.

All crypto is down these days, better to mine on principle.  Plus Ben's code is open source and so it can become whatever we make it.  I am not too worried about price.  I mean  still hold some BTC and I expect it to go much higher too, but I mine BEN because it is the only open source 1776 style honest blockchain I know of.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:18:35 AM

woo hoo block explorer loading strong again like a champ!!

http://198.147.23.176:2750/

edit

--> Tips keep the server paid for! [BEN] 1Xhmfveu6mFduDarGfjAD2aKQ2xcW1rW1

romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:50:12 PM

My Benjamins arrived!  24 hours.  Not too bad.  I bet it took them longer in 1776 via horse and buggy.
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
ben
April 06, 2014, 02:12:06 PM

been waiting for 3days, 3confirmations though finally. blockexplorer down again btw

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:44:16 PM

been waiting for 3days, 3confirmations though finally. blockexplorer down again btw

Yeah, ABE needs to stay up but OP said DDOS was occurring on it in the past so maybe 1776 haters flooding it, it's not a difficult page to keep up so we will have to see what the prob is.  I think it's vual on this thread who runs it, he reads the thread and can comment whenever.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 05:56:25 PM

My Benjamins arrived!  24 hours.  Not too bad.  I bet it took them longer in 1776 via horse and buggy.

Haha, yeah, try running your gold coins across the territories in a stagecoach!  I'd say a blockchain is sliiiightly more convenient, even in these formative years of its genesis.  Even if it takes days to confirm, that is useful for common folks.  But yes we will need a fork and better TX times to have merchants find it useful. 

For me, this coin is somewhat like the Washington Monument in terms of slow development.  Authorized in 1783, they didn't even lay the cornerstone for the Washington Monument until 50 + years later, and the monument laid as a hopeful half-built base of possibilities, until finally after Lincoln had been assassinated and the war accomplished and the Union stolen after Lincoln's death, they used EOs not only to finish the obelisk but also to run our lives down to this very day, all on Executive Orders which derive from Lincoln's first EO, #1.

So, it can take time to build something grand, years in fact.  And also, evil and stupid things like Executive Order Matrix of 130 years will be continued ad nausem unless the people grow up.  Being ruled by EOs has nothing to do with the COTUS.  Indeed, the reason the Executive still rules by EO is this:  America still exists in a state of war, covertly.

Therefore let us forge a chain, link by link, as slow or fast as possible.  Let this chain be a gift to the future, a gift of something real, proof of math work done, not some debauched fiat debt note, because fiat debt always fails, 100% certain, it has never NOT failed.  So yes, let's encourage friends and allies to study the 1776 modality, and also to know our history better than we do.  If so, we may wake up to the present.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 06:00:23 PM

Offer still stands about puttin up the Paysha merged mining pool for like 8 coins if you guys find someone that can make BEN and DIEM both merge minable as auxilliary chains. I only group them together because I think you'll have a better chance if both smaller communities work together to find someone to do a package deal type thing

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:13:30 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 06:14:32 PM by itsunderstood

Offer still stands about puttin up the Paysha merged mining pool for like 8 coins if you guys find someone that can make BEN and DIEM both merge minable as auxilliary chains. I only group them together because I think you'll have a better chance if both smaller communities work together to find someone to do a package deal type thing

I do not like merge mining, fwiw, but other have said so as well, so I will let them explain why.  However, if doing what you propose is easier than forking this thing then yes, at least to get past these 1942 blocks to the next diff change, it might be worth it.  QUESTION: After we got to the next diff change can we fork off and stop merge mining?  I don't know enough about it except the concept is weak, sharing proof of work is a violation of the whole spirit of a blockchain in the first place.

But even with slow blocktimes I think BEN is a good coin for Paysha because of its integrity.  Like I said, any business like that has to have some coins in the float on their end to clear transactions, their very thread explains that.  So, to buy 500k BEN isn't gonna break anyone's bank, and that way when the public chooses to mine the 1776 blockchain big time (when they realize its potential) by that time, BEN will be already a known choice, and people will flock to it.

On behalf of the ghost of Benjamin Franklin we reclaim the 1776 spirit.  Hearken to ye mining gear and see what future we can build together.  But let's make sure whatever systems you build are secure from POS level upward.  We do not need more Target-style Visa POS robbery and as you all know, it is only going to increase.  So, the blockchain that seeks to ENHANCE the secure concept of Satoshi, will be the blockchain future consumers choose.

coinsmaster

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:23:03 PM

my wallet stuck on block 24266 and after that don't not synchronized, what should do?

also, I'm bout some BEN, send it to swisscex and it spent 4 days - they still upon confirmation

what's wrong with this altcoin?
mars78

Activity: 584
Merit: 506

Elite Exchanger

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 09:07:44 PM

4 days for 3 confirmations, the worst shitcoin is here...

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:43:20 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 11:57:29 PM by itsunderstood

my wallet stuck on block 24266 and after that don't not synchronized, what should do?

also, I'm bout some BEN, send it to swisscex and it spent 4 days - they still upon confirmation

what's wrong with this altcoin?

1:current block working on is 24267  ...Days to find blocks, rare coin.  Did you buy because you saw a price spike?  I say hold long.  Your coins will show, do not plan to sell quick, it moves too slow.  Hold long.  Send them to friends, read the thread.

2: Cool!  Where did you get the trigger to buy?  I would like to see the price stay the same until properly forked, this coin is.  Plan for weeks, for BEN to move from place to place.  Basic bitcoin knowledge says: your coin is at the merchant until the blockchain lumbers forward.

3: Not enough miners to push the insane difficulty, but in some ways that is okay if you understand.  Tell me:  Do you just buy or will you also mine a SHA 256 coin?  Plenty of people here can help you help Benjamin help his coin/blockchain.  Benjamin is the developer.  No, I do not know him.  Yes, I downloaded the source code for this totally transparent coin and am learning C++ so as to help Ben the Dev of this one, to fork his coin properly.  Also, there is Paysha who have a great concept and are being very patient with Benjamins as the development process continues to invite all to participate.

If you have other questions, ask away.  An Antminer will cost you 30 bucks, and by plugging it in, you will contribute hashes, yes, this blockchain is a plant which needs water, but the only way to water it for future flowering, is to mine.  Ask any questions, I will try to help!  By Fall 2014 I should be good enough at C++ to fork this thing on my own, it will be as cracked-but-true as the Liberty Bell itself.

I am glad to see the price jump a bit, but I say hold long.  Mine on principle.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:49:00 PM

4 days for 3 confirmations, the worst shitcoin is here...

In terms of speed, yes.  In terms of many other reasons that hyper-tense market-types might not like this blockchain?  Then yes.  If you are a market player, sell your Bens, they will be bought eventually by others I wager.  Well, I wager only th few dollars a month for electricity that it takes to mine Benjamins.

Not disagreeing, you are right.

However, there are so many ways to use a blockchain.  And what Benjmains has is a totally open, honest launch, and a solid launch thread full of ups and downs of a cryptocoin.

If all you do is buy on markets and so forth, that's cool.  But markets, are also somewhat irrelevant, to those who mine the coins.  Do you see what I mean?  I mean, I don't worry if my Benjamins go up in price, I expect it.  That's why I am mining.  Also, in terms of "coins", BEN is one of the rarest for a long time it seems.  So, let's have a long, solid steady hand on the tiller.  The spirit of 1776 limps forward, with fife and pibroch, to ensure people have the means to trade, and to openly examine the code.

Do you mine or look at bitcoin code?  If so, I need help with both.   Wink

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:53:41 PM

http://198.147.23.176:2750/   <<<  Need vual or whomever to help me mirror the ABE because it's just not working like this.  Long holders of Ben need to mirror the block explorer.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:12:17 PM

Wow, can we get any devs or anyone running the ABE to check in on this thread, hehe?   Huh

This video is super cool, it shows how many great people, (outstanding programmers not clumsy newbies like me) have built the bitcoin source code:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubD3pOZ5ZtM

So considering all the code which Benjamin's is a direct child of, well, it was all created by these amazingly skilled people above ^^^  ...Now all we have to do, as those who wish to understand a good and decent blockchain that can be used for the people, is to understand and consider their fine work.

First, you need a programming software package, I am using Visual Studio 2008, for example.   ...Anyway it's kinda like a steam locomotive circa 1860 or so.  You want to make the train go faster but there's not enough coal, and yet, all the mechanisms are in place, once this or that hill, is overcome,one assumes there will be an easier time later.  But now is not the time for weakness. 

Although, is sure is a nice day outside, and that is not conducive to studying or programming, sad to say!  But, I can mine Benjamins and still go to the river whilst doing so.  Ah this modern technology!  How wondrously full of potential it is!

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: