Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:10:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!!  (Read 94313 times)
ronald98

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:23:33 PM

Good to know

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 12:12:50 AM

BEN,

Can you please enlighten us why this block was worth so much?

Block #24247

http://198.147.23.176:2750/block/000000000000023c734aebe1105093fc2969b654031a120898595bc46c151d36

Thanks!

So it was 100 + 3584.01270001 Fees wow, how can that happen???

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:33:12 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 01:46:32 AM by itsunderstood

BEN,

Can you please enlighten us why this block was worth so much?

Block #24247

http://198.147.23.176:2750/block/000000000000023c734aebe1105093fc2969b654031a120898595bc46c151d36

Thanks!

So it was 100 + 3584.01270001 Fees wow, how can that happen???

Obviously due to his working on it.  What else?  Probably why the block explorer is down as well, he is trying to do things that are a bit advanced for him but nobody else has this sort of brand, so it is up to Ben to see if he can pull it off.  An update would be considerate tho.

I am guessing he is fielding help still, probably working on it.  I am not too worried because in a sea of pre-mined and loathecoins, I am happy to see a true difficulty BTC style blockchain with long term vision.

If Ben can pull this off.  If not, then we will probably have to take it from there.  I wonder how many coins exist at .00001 BTC because it would be useful to get the BEN holders in this thread to see if there is any update for them.  Is the Ben code open and on github or what?

I would rather work toward making this work than shifting to some crapcoin which has a billion coins crapped out like dogeturd in its first 6 mos or whatever.  Since Ben said he is not giving up, then I will take his total absence here to mean he has finals or is laid up in the hospital or is locked in a trunk somewhere by the people who hold the Benjamin Franklin (tm) or something.  I'm not gonna work on some crapcoin when we have a 1776 spirit potentially available to us.  That's just me.  I am sticking to the 1776 blockchain.

An update would be good, but pitythepool was only being pushed by "Henry Ford" but he dropped out recently.  Myself I am mining on hasher.ca no problems.  In order to have a 1776 quality blockchain you need to have mettle and long term vision.  BTW

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:44:16 AM

Sorry ABE back up, i have been flat out in real life didnt get a chance to notice it was down, next time just PM me and ill get it up asap, i wrote a little shell script to keep it running, so it should be right for a while.

http://198.147.23.176:2750

If we need more pools let me know ill set them up.

I am still not seeing ABE vual, but thanks for keeping your node up.

Also I like you idea about a POS device I will PM you as I build one, I intend to start from the POS perspective based on the Pi which has native security and crpyto built in from the POS hardware first, and building a secure channel back.  Essentially I intend for the miner to provide the security since it does crypto natively.

basically, I don't care which blockchain I use but I am sticking with Benjamins because they are the 1776 blockchain.  I intend to try and bring at least one miner online with each POS vendor I convince to accept the POS device.  In this scheme, by making the merchants into new miners (and giving them hard crypto right at the point of sale) then you can totally ignore all the jaded old miners wh just use profit switch software anyway, so when you get merchants interested in selling security as a feature (not some hacked ancient Visa network crap) then they will gladly participate as miners, thereby solving the mining issue.  I mention this because a few pages back you agreed this was a good idea, it may take time but this is the blockchain with integrity and honesty, so I am framing my ideas around Bens.

NOTE TO ALL: Debt is not true money, it is totally in violation of COTUS approved money.  Therefore, even ONE Benjamin, has more actual Constitutional worth than a 100 USD fiat note, which is simply debt used as money.  So the cotus speaks of 'specie' which means coins, traditionally gold or silver, but primarily the point of specie is that it has realness, unlike debt.  So a proof-of-work coin has more realness than debt backed fiat.

So, in real terms, every Ben is real, and every fiat note, is fake.  That sounds silly, but it is actually true.  So, those of us who know money, and who seek integrity in money, know that mining is not a waste of time, no matter what some market price says.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
Poogasm

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:51:47 AM

PityThePool! Benjamins pool is CLOSING on April 1, 2014.  Sorry, this is not an April Fool's Day joke.

The BEN network is running at a snail's pace and there seems to be no end in sight.  It is taking 1-2 days to mine a block and over 150 days to confirm them.  We are still confirming blocks that were mined over a month ago.

I am shutting down the stratum server today so there will be no more mining.  Pool will stay open until April 1 to allow users to withdraw funds.

well shit.

Also, do you really think the coins I have sitting there unconfirmed will actually be confirmed by the 1st? LOL

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
DKdance

REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:15:37 PM

blockchain doesn't work, so ... well ... PM ?

Only reason we die is because we accept the death I can tr. into French, seriously < 1-12 hours
[PHS] PhilosopherStone | PoS | No Premine | 50% annual
And if we should die tonight then we should all die together.
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:07:41 PM

The BEN network is running at a snail's pace
do you really think the coins I have sitting there unconfirmed will actually be confirmed by the 1st? LOL

First off, a snails pace, is only due to the short term thinking of existing miners, who are kinda like slot machine players: They need the quick fix, they will abandon a blockchain any moment.  Why encourage pools of miners just to dump the coin when it has a few rough weeks of dev?  How many dev projects have you people sat in on?  It takes many many bumps, tp get anything good built.  And that's with a team, here we have like, what, one dude with a great idea.

I am guessing Ben is a young person, and also probably a little overwhelmed.  But, regardless, a blockchain is a collaborative, long term affair, between diverse types of people.  So, when Ben comes back to his thread and says "Hey guise, here's what's up", that will be nice.  But, it can't be up to just one person, to make a good and true coin in the name of one of our founding fathers, it will take a group effort.  In short: You vote, with what coin you mine.  You vote with what brands you buy.

The reason I am sticking to BEN mining is purely to try and hold a 1776 line in the sand.  Indeed, the very spirit of Benjamin Franklin calls to all people of Earth.  It is no surprise then, that Ben here is a bit overwhelmed and absent, but is carefully fine tuning the algo fork intended, or, coin payment schedule.  I do not need day to day updates for something so simple as mining.  If you aren't mining on any principles, then maybe it is time to do so?  Mine the coin that you feel has the right spirit behind it, and that coin will do well.  That's how I see it.  All we need is a few more miners online, that's damn easy in this climate.

Poogasm

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:59:47 PM

"...all we need is a few more miners online..."

And how exactly are we going to get more miners?
Ben is silent, hasn't been on for a couple of days now, no signs of progress.
We have pools shutting.
We have lightyear length confirmation times.

I still have the tiny bit of hashing power available to me pointed at Ben, just switched pools.
I would LOVE to have more power to mine with but hell if I can afford any more gear atm.

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:45:57 PM

"...all we need is a few more miners online..."

And how exactly are we going to get more miners?

I am talking about a long term notion, to help new peopl,e who are interested in using newly purchased SHA gear, but who want a different coin than BTC.  Some people say that a bit erupter cube is worthless crap, but that's absurd, to pay 300 USD and get a machine which can make cryptocoin, is a great thing.  Not to mention the Ant which costs like 30 USD  ...This is the golden age of cheap mining, and there will be a tsunami of newbies.

Like, when I convince my newly interested friend, to buy mining gear, I will tell him to mine Benjmains.  But, it takes time, to convince the newbies.  As time goes forward, it is a no-brainer that more people will mine, and they will choose some blockchain.  Sure, my friend who is a new miner might switch to some altcoin which is used as a BTC vector --I can only hope to convince people in the value of a 1776 spirit who might want to correct some notions about what money really is.  I see no other brand of coin out there which has the ghostly power to correct this world for good, than Benjamin Franklin, founding father.

Sure, we need Ben to show up and give us a heartbeat, but I am going to mine in the meantime.  When I speak to people in real life, I tell them exactly why I am mining Benjamins, and I explain to them why having a good blockchain of true worth, is important.  Just because Ben didn't get his fork 100% done in a week or whatever, is not a reason for me to suddenly switch to ragcoin or snotcoin  --I am sticking with 1776 until I feel a different spirit.  So when I say "more miners" I mean the hundreds of new SHA devices that get sold every day.  New mining power due online, is more than what is already existing, in terms of market adoption.  But, yes, from a grass roots level with one ghostlike Dev, haha, it does take this much effort.  It's not what you would call HARD work, mining cryptocoins.  Just a matter of faith.  But in what do people have faith?  I have faith in the 1776 mindset.  And just because your blacksmith smashed his hand, doesn't mean the work must be discarded.  Soon, he will show up and tell us what's been up.  In the meantime, I will be mining BEN on hasher.ca without let up, because the future is too important.

kovert

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:21:29 AM

I guess this was a pump and dump coin

Iam sure ben has just made a few quid off us MUPPETS
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 11:55:38 AM

thats too bad. I sent him a PM a while back and nothing back from him.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:05:48 PM

thats too bad. I sent him a PM a while back and nothing back from him.

Yes, it would be helpful to know what's up, but for dude above to say "oh its a pump and dump" well, probably whomever is saying that, doesn't know shit about how hard it is to do things.

So, why not just try to understand the challenges for those who aim to have a good coin?  It ain't easy, coins get debauched and shat upon.  For example of how a fork can happen in the background, and a pool can use a FAST blocktime (like 30 seconds per block) to hijack and ruin a coin.  This happened with Maxcoin, read here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485726.0;all

Guys, do not bother with FUD by BitcoinEXpress. He is old member of this forum and he perfectly knows how cryptocoins work which means he knows stuff he posted here is not all true. There can not be hard-fork if nodes on network use the same version! What happened (again) is 1GH pool, people who were behind 51% attack on Bter, attempted and successfuly completed another 51% attack but this time revealing the origin of it e.g. made it obvious it is they who are doing shits. Basically, what happened is large blockchain reorganization. At some point 1GH stopped mining on legit blockchain, went off the network and used combined hashpower of miners (yes, you retards still mining there) to create second version of blockchain which, due to them having way over 51% of total hashpower, became longer than legit blockchain (more work done). In the meantime they made some transactions on legit blockchain, most likely sent MAX to exchanges to dump them, and once they dumped those coins they withdrew BTC from exchanges and connected back to network. Since their node has version of blockchain longer (more work done) than all other nodes, 1GH's version of blockchain started propagating through Maxcoin network, overwritting blocks and thus transactions that happened on legit blockchain since 1GH went off network (that means transaction which moved 1GH's coins to exchange never happened and that means
exchange lost BTC). Due to size of new version of blockchain (in megabytes) and generaly very bussy MAX network (30 seconds blocktime is still an overkill), what happened is that slower nodes switched to 1GH's version of blockchain with very noticable delay. Not everyone use super fast Internet connection so 1GH's version of blockchain could not propagate to all nodes in a second! To put things for you into perspective, on Bitcoin network which uses 10 minutes block time (much less traffic than with Maxcoin) it is observed that it can take up to 40 seconds for data to reach all nodes. Now imagine Maxcoin where network activity is high by default due to 30 seconds block time then add megabytes more in an instant! Of
course, some nodes will almost halt, especially nodes run on slow computers. But after a while all nodes will have the same version of blockchain, in this case 1GH's version. To sum it up, what happened is perfectly normal considering that Maxcoin uses 30 seconds block time. There is no need for dev to add checkpoints. What is needed is that idiots still mining at 1GH move to some other pools.

TLDR - BitcoinEXpress wants to negatively affect MAX price or he is pissed off cause blocks he mined ended up orphaned by blocks mined by 1GH.

So, let's cover a couple facts:

1: Having a slow but well intentioned open source blockchain, is not a problem.  WHY?  Because it allows you to fine tune it, before the suckminers (pools mainly who also do DDOS) can see your value/blockchain in BTC terms, as being a fat enough pig to kill.  It is good that Benjamins are not a fat enough hog to kill, in the BAD fork method which any pool can do.

2: I feel security is foremost with Paysha, or so they say, and so since security is my main point of contention in terms of POS markets and money/coin facts and mechanics, then I suggest that Benjamins retain a true honorable genesis block, and THAT is what matters in terms of shaping the security of a blockchain in these times.  NOTE: SHA-256 will be cracked before BTC reaches its 30 year lifespan.  Anyone following the research knows this.  So, I am saying that for any SHA-256 coin to survive, will mean full on tweaking of the blockchain.  So I am suggesting that the panic/frustration with Ben not responding, is characteristic of some sectors who want minute to minute results.  But, as I have said, security people are always happy to go slower, and have projects take longer.  THAT IS HOW THE GOOD SECURITY IT PEOPLE THINK.  Take you time, do things right.  So, I think Paysha will allow Ben to fork his coin at his own pace.  Let's not be so quick to judge a good genesis block in the present because its true value is in the future, and the future is of security, not more exploitation like what the current Visa/POS networks are facing.

3: Yes we need more miners, but projecting your blockchain in terms of the existing exploitaion miners is short sighted because as shown above: Pools can be weaponized and can fork/destroy most smaller coins, by simple 51% control and overwrite.  Therefore, everyone who wants to rush ahead, is actually f'ing up their own world.

I myself, have just now downloaded the Ben source code.  I didn't think I'd have to become an altcoin dev but am willing to learn if that is what the 1776 spirit needs from me.  I will be reporting as to my progress in this thread, and I am sure Ben will get back to us or whatever --sure it's a little disappointing, and yes obviously he will have to help out by providing his passwords if he plans to bail on it.  But a blockchain is bigger than just one person, and if you have good people behind your plan, with a good spirit, then you can work any chain, be it metal or math, to have good solid links, to an anchor called "The Good Future".

I have freelance dev's on the line who are good with websites relating to cryptocoin.  I will be suggesting a group chat maybe someone can get an IRC or chat room up so any holders and concerned parties can talk to see if anyone knows what Ben's issues are.

In the meantime, I am pretty sure that the muscle behind Benjamins hashing power (whomever is providing the 250gh that I am not) is of good worth, and so all we need to do is take the time to fork it properly and ensure good coordination with pools and we will have forded a river.  I have seen the chain hashrate go from 500 to 280 so to me, since essentially one biterupter cube = 300 USD then that's essentially 10 USD per Gigahash.  So, if you want 1000 GH (1 TH) for your blockchain, it costs just a few thousand dollars!  Isn't a good wallet with a good community, worth that much??

So, as GH costs drop, then regular people will understand that price is not the real reason to have a good blockchain, what you need, is integrity.  And therefore, as word goes around that there is a 1776 pulse still beating, then I feel the hashrate will rise at the correct rate, which yes, may be slow at times like these.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:48:05 PM

These lines in main.cpp

915 - 935 esp the function in line 933, seem to have something to do with https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=351793.0

Code:
    // Make sure the merkle branch connects to this block    <<< THESE ARE BEN'S COMMENTS?
    if (!fMerkleVerified)
    {
        if (CBlock::CheckMerkleBranch(GetHash(), vMerkleBranch, nIndex) != pindex->hashMerkleRoot)
            return 0;
        fMerkleVerified = true;
    }

pindexRet = pindex;
    return pindexBest->nHeight - pindex->nHeight + 1;
}

int CMerkleTx::GetBlocksToMaturity() const
{
        if (!IsCoinBase())  <<<<  THIS IS LINE 933
        return 0;
    return max(0, (COINBASE_MATURITY+20) - GetDepthInMainChain());
}

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=351793.0

Quote from: gotoalberto
November 29, 2013, 12:10:57 PM
Anyone can explain me the purpose of this variable?
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L993
Thanks a lot in advance!

Remember remember the 5th of November
I am not versed in the Bitcoin source code, but the network tries to keep Block generation at 2016 blocks per two weeks(6 per hour), due to variance this isn't possible to control entirely, but it tries. If 2016 blocks took less than two weeks, the difficulty goes up, likewise if it took longer than 2 weeks, it goes down. So the variable is used to determine that somewhere I guess.

wumpus
Yes, it is the targeted time between difficulty changes.

Sukrim
14 days * 24 hours/day * 60 minutes/hour * 60 seconds/minute = amount of seconds in 14 days.

The use is already explained.

I do wonder if Ben commented this code himself?  Anyway, is line 933 where the diff gets set?  It seems like that's the variable that checks the float and sees how many coins are spitting out, and adjust according to the + or - it sees?  Can anyone correct me on this?

Well anyway, this is where I am at.  Its gonna take me some time to ramp up but this is where I am at.  So, once the code is agreed upon, in terms of how to actually and correctly adjust the difficulty (not so much merge mining unless people want that).  Then, simply adjust/compile new daemons and get the correct pools on the new fork.  Am I missing something in terms of difficulty?  Oh I mean other than pools which sabotage the very coins they mine, as with maxcoin above?  Okay so then we all know it's not easy to fork.  

I am going to read all Ben's comments in the code and see what I find.  or what adjustment was made to allow that one block to be larger.

Also, I still cannot get the ABE explorer page to load so that's key as well.

Poogasm

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:37:05 AM

Say it ain't so Ben!

Are any of the devs for this coin willing to pop in and have a word, let us know where things stand, something? Pretty please?

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:28:36 AM

^I Second That ^
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 02:44:21 AM

For what it's worth:

We've migrated this coin to our new servers (Updated stratum URL). Now with DDoS protection and faster all around!

Earn some BEN mining at the Hasher pool:

http://ben.hasher.ca

PPLNS
Mobile Friendly
VARDIFF Support
Worker/Block/Payout Notifications
DDoS Protection

Happy Hashing!

Poogasm

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:58:47 AM

Well crap Crackfoo. Now I have to go to the basement... It's all dark and full of bugs and shit.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:43:16 AM

For what it's worth:

We've migrated this coin to our new servers (Updated stratum URL). Now with DDoS protection and faster all around!

Earn some BEN mining at the Hasher pool:

http://ben.hasher.ca

PPLNS
Mobile Friendly
VARDIFF Support
Worker/Block/Payout Notifications
DDoS Protection

Happy Hashing!

stratum+tcp://stratum.ben.hasher.ca:3393

Updated my config file to the new URL...  Mining 24/7 in the 1776 spirit while reading Ben's code and learning.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:57:58 AM

This will be the last altcoin I get into if Benjamins turns out to be another one of those 'miners profit-investors lose out' kind-of-coins.

[...]

I would suggest that an ant miner costs 30 USD and gives you the power to build part of a functioning whole network, regardless of price.

I have to wonder why modern humans don't see the Antminer as a miracle in terms of low cost hi hashing machine.  Haha, it took 10,000 years to get to February of 2014 when the first Antminers mined Benjamins and people are already jaded and over it less than 60 days in.  HAHA

Come on people, have some sand in your guts!    Why would you think you can be an investor and not a miner with some electronic skin in the game?  That world is fading.  The new way is to participate in profits equally according to work done.  Also, if your dev gets kidnapped, try to find him or understand where to go from there, don't get all panicky and shit.

Well anyway I expect a fork soon from Ben he is just kidnapped by the US Treasury, so therefore I suggest all 2,425,600 Benjamins be snatched up, held and never sold at least until he is freed.  There are still 9 million + Ben to be mined, and I am pretty sure 1776 spirit will still exist in the year 2044.

FREE BEN

Anyway, I am learning about C++ but others will get to this faster than me.  So, I will post some inspirational words from the old days, of Ben:

FUCK THE RULES!! Just follow the example of BEN

At the age of 20, while on an 80-day ocean voyage from London back to Philadelphia, Benjamin Franklin developed a “Plan” for regulating his future conduct. He was partially motivated by Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.” He followed his Plan he “pretty faithfully” even to the age of 79 when he finally revealed it in his writings. After he wrote about it, he was even more determined to stick with The Plan for his remaining days because of the happiness he had enjoyed thus far by following it.

Benjamin Franklin’s “Plan” was made up of 13 virtues, each with short descriptions:

Temperance: Eat not to dullness and drink not to elevation.
Silence: Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself. Avoid trifling conversation.
Order: Let all your things have their places. Let each part of your business have its time.
Resolution: Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve.
Frugality: Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself: i.e. Waste nothing.
Industry: Lose no time. Be always employed in something useful. Cut off all unnecessary actions.
Sincerity: Use no hurtful deceit. Think innocently and justly; and, if you speak, speak accordingly.
Justice: Wrong none, by doing injuries or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
Moderation: Avoid extremes. Forebear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
Cleanliness: Tolerate no uncleanness in body, clothes or habitation.
Chastity: Rarely use venery but for health or offspring; Never to dullness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another’s peace or reputation.
Tranquility: Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
Humility: Imitate Jesus and Socrates.

What do you think of Franklin’s Plan, amigos bonitos? Do you think you could live by these standdards? Would you want to try to live by these standards?

Damn good stuff.  Worth at least a year of hopeful 1776 style diggin in the dirt.  Investors, may want to get your hands dirty and buy an Antminer, or better yet, get every member of your family a bit erupter cube and point them at Ben mining, simply for the HOPE of a good chain to the past, and the future.

[The author is long Benjamins and mining 24/7 until the evil ones release Ben]

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:23:47 AM

[...]

Either way, we will still process Benjamins payments, whether it forks or not
[...]

At current network hashrates BEN will be stuck with 30 minute confirmations for the next 42 days.  As the days go on, unless BEN's exchange prices go up dramatically, this will increase to 60 minutes or longer, as more miners bail due to the extremely low profitability of this coin.  It will be months before the diff adjusts again and gets us back down to "normal" 10-minute block times.

24,257 < current block
24,256 * 100 BEN per block =  2,425,600 Benjamins in total float.  ...ALSO, is the block explorer still being DDOSed?

2,425,600 BEN * .0000114 BTC = 27.65 btc total market cap or roughly 13k USD  --damn cheap for a functioning 1776 free non premined blockchain awaiting its first fork (with a strapped dev no less).

BUT

80 hours per block + diff adjust in 1952 blocks = 6,506 days or 20 years.  Hehe, Bens will be super rare between now and 2034 I guess.  As rare as 1776 spirit.

Well, these are the days that try men's souls.  I say some whale can buy all $13k worth of Ben and hold them and never sell.  Or, some great visionary could bring in say 60 new miners who each buy a 350 USD biterupter = 2TH online, pushing the blockchain.  THAT is what will get the TX times up.  Well, assuming Ben is held captive by evil forces for the full 20 years I mean.

It is kinda good to have a slow blockchain, its called security, also to require lots of confirmations is a good thing, a solid TX history.  Sure you could write non secure code over it like Gox TX API but that's defeating the purpose.  So, I think there is reason to mine even at these absurd difficulties.  It is called: long term vision.  

Yes, having merchants wait a week for their money is an issue, and sure, paysha knows it'll have to be an escrow function for at least some small portion of time, therefore, if Paysha can simply own say 500k Bens (uhm, 5000 dollars?) then they would plenty of Ben's to put into merchant's wallets while the blocktimes are slow.  But yes you will need to enlist POS merchants as miners, that is the only way forward to give people true security.  Humans need hard crypto at Point of Purchase, nothing less will do, and enlisting merchants to do that (or third party merchant mining services) to do that, only serves to bond the merchants and the concept of them merchants supporting their blockchain.  You need buy-in from the merchants which even now is only just starting for BTC so it is still anyone's game.  I see this as an honest coin which OP will fork well once he is released from those who would thwart his efforts.

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: