Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:42:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 [739] 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:27:58 PM

Just did my regular visit to mintpal and to my horror I saw mintcoin in the single digits, it was awful..  Sad

Yeah, I wonder why it went down so much. At least this is a good time to invest in more, :p.

It's still at 10 sats on poloniex. Maybe someone dumped a massive amount on mintpal and artificially lowered the price.

It's down to 8 on Cryptsy too though (people are dumping into that).

still waiting for 3 sats here Smiley

That is not gonna happen. There is too much intrinsic value with Mintcoin that it won't reach such levels anymore, maybe at the beginning. At this stage, we have reached the bottom and even dipped below it. It is heavily manipulated and will rise from here on out. There is a lot of development with the Android wallet and activities with the Fund.

Still drinking that koolaid? I said 5 sats and you said 1000 lol Looks like I win again. Next up 3 sats.. remember the size of the premine :p

It can definitely boost up, but MINT needs to be working on getting more publicity for the coin to make that happen. What is in the works right now to bring on new investors?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:39:38 PM

Just did my regular visit to mintpal and to my horror I saw mintcoin in the single digits, it was awful..  Sad

Yeah, I wonder why it went down so much. At least this is a good time to invest in more, :p.

It's still at 10 sats on poloniex. Maybe someone dumped a massive amount on mintpal and artificially lowered the price.

That is not gonna happen. There is too much intrinsic value with Mintcoin that it won't reach such levels anymore, maybe at the beginning. At this stage, we have reached the bottom and even dipped below it. It is heavily manipulated and will rise from here on out. There is a lot of development with the Android wallet and activities with the Fund.

Still drinking that koolaid? I said 5 sats and you said 1000 lol Looks like I win again. Next up 3 sats.. remember the size of the premine :p

It can definitely boost up, but MINT needs to be working on getting more publicity for the coin to make that happen. What is in the works right now to bring on new investors?

I dont think any serious investor will touch it until that huge premine is dealt with especially since hes so frugile about it. I would want to see the address and see that over time the coins are spent not kept.
acceptance2

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 06:59:24 PM

I figured if the reality around this coin sucks, I might as well try a little fantasy.

DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:53:06 PM

I'm picking up all the coins I can at these cheap prices. I feel there is a lot going for this coin and it's a good long term investment.
If I lose on it, I lose, it's not money I have to have for something.. but if I win, it'll be a nice sum of cash in a year.

Same here - I agree.

Ya know, it's sad how there are people who seem to exist solely to get some sort of sick joy out of rubbing other people's noses in their perceived misfortune. I think that it must be a horrible thing to only be able to get happiness from watching others suffer.

And, it's apparently hard to get enough of, because they are constantly trying to cause suffering where there is none, so they can gloat, feel big, and be able to say "I told you so"... {na na na na na na}

Small minds and petty imaginings... 

Apparently not satisfied trying to make a buck or two from this "sport" - or not talented enough to do so? Never make any big bucks if you're not willing to take a few gambles folks. If you want to make it in the adult world, you don't run around acting like a two year old bully. And anyone who knows this won't be swayed by your juvenile words.

As KSGuy said, "If I lose on it, I lose..." Not a big friggin' deal. You gotta take chances, and back them up with your belief. You may lose, you may win. But if you always let fear rule your decisions, you will almost certainly always lose.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:02:50 PM

As KSGuy said, "If I lose on it, I lose..." Not a big friggin' deal. You gotta take chances, and back them up with your belief. You may lose, you may win. But if you always let fear rule your decisions, you will almost certainly always lose.

And this is why cryptos, in general, are considered as a gamble (even Bitcoin). You just have to decide how you feel and either go with it or don't. And always spread yourself out as well, because the chances of every project flopping are much smaller than a single one.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
spinnel

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:06:38 PM

And this is why cryptos, in general, are considered as a gamble (even Bitcoin). You just have to decide how you feel and either go with it or don't. And always spread yourself out as well, because the chances of every project flopping are much smaller than a single one.

I feel that in the extreme long run, mint will survive and be worth far more than it's peak price to date. The best time to buy is usually when everyone else is selling.
MarSas

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:13:22 AM

Weak hands...
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:31:56 AM

Weak hands...

Very weak hands.
skeem

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:57:21 AM

In my opinion, the mintcoin price is low, which is because the interest is high now.

Take a PoW coin for example, the price of the coin which is hard to mine is higher than the price of the coin which is easy to mine.

What we have to do is waiting for three years until the interest down to 5%.

So just hold the mintcoins until the big pump.

Coin Revolution
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 02:18:56 AM

I dont think any serious investor will touch it until that huge premine is dealt with especially since hes so frugile about it. I would want to see the address and see that over time the coins are spent not kept.

I think you're one of the few people on this board who actually understands what has unfolded in regards this coin.

There have been numerous claims about the pre-mine - without many facts. If I was the developer and I had legitimate intentions about using the pre-mine to help develop the coin I would have made the accounts holding the pre-mine public record - TRANSPARENCY.
Not doing this at the outset was the red flag.

But in the spirit of having a little fun with our near worthless holdings, I'll continue to post some prop art/ads, if only for entertainment value at this point.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:16:34 AM

I think you're one of the few people on this board who actually understands what has unfolded in regards this coin.

There have been numerous claims about the pre-mine - without many facts. If I was the developer and I had legitimate intentions about using the pre-mine to help develop the coin I would have made the accounts holding the pre-mine public record - TRANSPARENCY.
Not doing this at the outset was the red flag.

But in the spirit of having a little fun with our near worthless holdings, I'll continue to post some prop art/ads, if only for entertainment value at this point.

I was waiting for someone to give me the premine addy but seems like its seriously annonymous.. big red flag in my books. No thanks. I was thinking about buying at 3 sats for giggles but dunno.
mikhael

Activity: 317
Merit: 317

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:24:19 AM

Premine address is now empty and no one cares about it. Previous bag holders already dumped all their coins.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:29:06 AM

So is anything going to be happening that may revive the coin or is it basically dead at this point?

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:51:18 AM

Premine address is now empty and no one cares about it. Previous bag holders already dumped all their coins.

If its empty thats actually a good thing... any proof of this?
skeem

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:12:23 AM

I wrote an online Mint Music Player just now.

Mint Music Player - http://www.mint.tiv.cc/pdt/mint-player

The supported music format is ogg/ogv, so IE is not supported.
Firefox, chrome, opera, can play well.
Using html5, javascript, php.

Coin Revolution
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:13:21 AM

It being empty is not necessarily good (if it's true). It could mean that the lead person is out, and the project is stalling. This is far from optimal.

acceptance2

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 05:21:00 AM

The problem is, they just redistribute to many multiple wallets to disguise what their intentions are. At this point it would be very difficult to tell.

There are similarities to Mint (and many cryptos) with the penny stock market.

Developer (promoter) builds the story, gets a group of insiders to provide fuel (excitement) in the forums while the price is rising, once the steam runs out, the insiders (and their cheerleaders in the forum) slowly wind things down while the price drops. They provide some buying support (market making) so the price doesn't crash.

After a quiet period and an eventual bottoming of the crypto/stock, they start winding things back up, member/cheerleaders reappear on the boards, big news stories and they even kick start the promotion with some buying.

It is what it is, you can't change the game. The only way to beat a developer/promoter at the game is to buy cheap, preferably as close to their actual cost was to set up and run the crypto/stock/game.

Then you wait.....I've waited years in some cases. If you're not prepared to wait, don't play the game.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:10:01 AM

The problem is, they just redistribute to many multiple wallets to disguise what their intentions are. At this point it would be very difficult to tell.

Developer (promoter) builds the story, gets a group of insiders to provide fuel (excitement) in the forums while the price is rising, once the steam runs out, the insiders (and their cheerleaders in the forum) slowly wind things down while the price drops. They provide some buying support (market making) so the price doesn't crash.

After a quiet period and an eventual bottoming of the crypto/stock, they start winding things back up, member/cheerleaders reappear on the boards, big news stories and they even kick start the promotion with some buying.

It is what it is, you can't change the game. The only way to beat a developer/promoter at the game is to buy cheap, preferably as close to their actual cost was to set up and run the crypto/stock/game.

Then you wait.....I've waited years in some cases. If you're not prepared to wait, don't play the game.

Its nothing like the stock market. You cant develop open source software to help your stock.
Ie I help devcoin by creating a new business which devcoin funds and I give profits back to devcoin..

Its devcoinauctions.com. Now instantly devcoin is worth more. You can get off your ass and do something
about it instead of cheerlead. This is where open source wins. So if your project is not open source it will probably dwindle
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:02:37 AM

have you guys heard of http://www.quickcoin.co/? it lets you send btc REALLY easily to your facebook friends. much easier than all those tipbots. And they are working on implementing other social networks and whatsapp. I would suggest a bounty for them for a Mintcoin implementation. I would contribute 200k. You think we can get a couple BTC for this project?
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 10:15:29 AM

Its nothing like the stock market. You cant develop open source software to help your stock.
Ie I help devcoin by creating a new business which devcoin funds and I give profits back to devcoin..

Its devcoinauctions.com. Now instantly devcoin is worth more. You can get off your ass and do something
about it instead of cheerlead. This is where open source wins. So if your project is not open source it will probably dwindle

I would have to agree/disagree, many small public companies develop projects that add value, exactly the same as projects that help add value to a coin. But my point is, MOST cryptos and MOST penny stock companies never amount to anything and there is often an underlying group of people using them to simply generate some "easy" money, without creating any true value at all.

If your money is tied up with them, best to understand the rules of the game.
Pages: « 1 ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 [739] 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: