Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:47:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509634 times)
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:08:28 AM

still here. still holding BC. i didnt look at the price for 4 days and im still alive!!!!!
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:11:31 AM

still here. still holding BC. i didnt look at the price for 4 days and im still alive!!!!!
lol thats right! Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
jamieb81

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:11:42 AM

Unless BC is heavily advertised promoted and actually used to purchase things in a convenient and understandable way, its all just fantasy here and it will wither away like the other 100's of coins that have risen and fallen along the way side. With that said, I am glad to see efforts at least being made to think outside the box". Now there is a strong need for leadership and direction and yes transparency. Its obvious and encouraging to see so many willing to contribute in here. I have never held on to any coins this long even when tempted to sell when there was at least 3 very nice opportunities to do so and make a decent buck. But I am waiting and hoping to see if this community and BC will really be different. The time to shit or get off the pot is approaching, once a coin starts to loose it luster and the nitch it may have had, it will be very hard to bring the interest back. We have all seen this with most other coins. And coinkite is a plus but may not be the BC saving grace or ace in the hole as some would believe? Food for thought.  Shocked

props, very well said
cryptozaurus

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:16:32 AM

Ya something like contact info is more important.  

How do i contact anyone at BlackCoin or BlackCoin Pool for support?

For ex: on the pool "a payout that's been stuck in"pending" status for several days now?"

Is there an email address or phone number?

When i try sending an email (ie: info@blackcoinpool.com or support @blackcoinpool.com), i simply get undeliverable messages.

there is nothing upfront or evident..... except for mentioning IRC

why would i want to go  an IRC to ask for help with my account? IRC is not confidential for my personal business......and not user friendly for a first time user like me. LOL- I can't even get in on the chat  on that weird thing.

Quote from: calme on Today at 06:11:53 PM
I hope people will be more friendly soon. And I do like the organized efforts at increasing BC's value and am glad such things are being done. Exciting stuff. But my main concern--which is undoubtedly a typical concern--is the potential for groups to collectively bully downward pressure for the sake of accumulation while keeping other investors in the dark.

very true...but when you can't even reach out to anyone on the Pool to ask a simple question to resolve an issue, it's a problem.  I love the concept and everything i ma reading...but i can't get any support. It's just  one way communication. Back to basics please _eg: customer (miner) support.

If this can't happen, then i have no choice but to point my miners somewhere else.

Ok...so no one else knows how to contact someone at BlackCoin Pool  either...or there would have been a quick reply on such a simple thing.

I have pointed my miners elsewhere now.

As it has been stuck for so long, I am just gonna have to assume that my second payout out of 7 is lost and no one at BlackPool can look into it for me as i can't contact them about it.

will keeping checking the site to see if there is some contact info tho.

irc twitter

Sorry but that does not help me.

No use in  mining at BlackPool until they enable something that allows you to contact them directly. That is a very common feature on websites in general.

I have to assume that i have lost my second payout out of 7 over the past week and just move onto another place to mine.

Thx for trying to help tho Smiley

If you do not chase your own coins, no one else is going to do it for you.

Sure, you're right to ask for an easier solution to contact the individuals in charge of the pool; communication channels must be available. But it makes absolutely no sense for you to rule out the option to get in touch (the only one available at this point, it seems) and choose to give up on your coins instead. If that is the case, then you really should not be complaining for not getting your payout now; it is a deliberate choice on your behalf, after all.

LOL that knocks me off my chair.  Listen i am not ruling out any existing option. They are not viable tools for me ( and anyone of my generation) at all.

1. What little i know about Twitter is that it's just a one way communication thing for people to post company updates and individuals ( eg:  Musicians etc.) who like posting their activities. Despite signing up for a notification, Twitter does not even send an email to let you know that someone you are following has posted something. Unlike FB, I have never seen any readily apparent way of having a two way "private conversation" with an individual representing the entity that i am following.

2. IRC... never even heard of it before I used BlackCoin Pool for the first time. there's not even a chat window to input your question or query..... and it's an open forum. so, even if i could post there, the forum has no confidentiality at all. LOL it's totally ridiculous way to support anyone that is wanting to use your service.  

BC is  a serious threat to become number 1 coin.. it appears to me anyway. All the problems we talk outsiders talk about seeing (BC infighting, unwillingness to provide a service window in a normal business way etc.) will lead it to self destruct.

Start with the basics..walk before you run.  No point trying to get to the moon if the engineers don't work with the guys building the parts for the rocket.

Here's a quote from the pool under how it works:

"This pool has been designed to support the long term growth, profitability, and value of Blackcoin. Something to note: It is not possible to mine Blackcoin directly. Instead, this pool aggregates the hashing power of the community to mine other profitable alt coins, and then uses those proceeds to buy Blackcoin...."

So it's not about me chasing my own coins. I imagine a ton of people are saying this:    

I can't help you "support the long term growth, profitability, and value of Blackcoin" by even mining.

In conclusion, before i head off to play with others who want to make something a "win-win" scenario, i am pointing out a basic problem so you can fix it.....while many others say nothing...and simply say: "FFS, i will just run to your competitors."

Yes I know the DDOS attacks have kept the pool's backroom boys on their toes. But you just don't throw up a public website without having a way to support people. Just imagine trying to find some public servant (fire, police, passport office etc.) to help you...,but there is no way of getting in touch with that Public Service. You guys would scream your heads off at the authorities governing your locale or country etc.!!

I agree that there should be a contact link on the pool website but you can still contact them pretty easily.

For Twitter you can send private messages but they have to follow you first.

For IRC you can chat in private by clicking on his nickname, then click on query. I know that @StGNU is one of the pool operator and he is online right now.
Just click here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23blackcoinpool&uio=d4#
brammien

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:19:55 AM

So talked with soepkip on IRC and he's refusing to talk about foundation until 24-48 hours, was not upfront about his what he did right away, but then came out with it. He's posted this some time ago.

Again:

I'm NOT the Dev.

I DO control the website, twitter and facebook accounts since there where none at the start of the coin.

I HAVE been trying to get in to contact with the dev, rat4.

If you need him: Message him on BTCTalk and he'll get around to it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469640.msg5419103;topicseen#msg5419103

So if Soepkip is on the foundation, that is conflicting interest. Since foundation is just a group of investors they say. something is rotten in the state of denmark.
veritasBS

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:40:17 AM

RUNNING A FEW NUMBERS...

This proposed -or real- "Foundation", for what we all know by now, will be comprised of 15-20 individuals "that were here more or less from the beginning" and that are all well know to the community... well, since the whole thing exists only for just over two months, how "well known" can they be? [their contributions are well known to the community]

But since the ra-ra mentality is obviously much more active here than the simplest exercise of critical thinking, let's try some numbers so no one can claim "oh I didn't understand the potential ramifications and dangers. It is already established that the proposed -or real- "Foundation" is, in reality, a "Group of Investors" in which Rat4 and The DOGE take part. There's no other purpose, NONE, that supersedes the main if not only purpose of a "group of investors". By simple and pure definition: To make profits, i.e.:Money. Pure and simple. No ifs, no buts.[strawman: you propose to know motivations based on the term "investors" and created an argument around this fallacy]

With that in mind, I believe it is safe to assume that of those 15-20 investors now in the proposed "Foundation", we will find that they hold most if not all of the top 20 BlackCoin Wallets. [again: assumption based the term "investor"] And maybe quite a few spares. That's by themselves, not even counting family members, friends or associates already converted to the BC "faith". Remember, the MAIN interest of such group, by definition, is to obtain profits, ok? [again strawman argumentation] Now, place yourselves in a position in which you personally or a group of "yous", own double or triple the amount of BC that is traded daily in the exchanges. And just limit the vision, for concentration and clarity purposes, to the two main exchanges, MintPal and Cryptsys. I'm sure you can easily see the unlimited possibilities... on arbitrage alone[all owners of BC or any currency can exchange arbitrage] ... which means simply selling in one place and buying in the other while actually maintaining the same amount of BC at the end of the day. [you do not understand exchange arbitrage] Even at $0.12 a piece, the current price, you can easily imagine that such activity, even at much lower levels, would produce dreamlike kind of profits with practically no risks whatsoever. Will the Investors Group in the "Foundation" do this? [possibly, everybody can if they would like] Of course not, will they? Can they do it, exceptionally or on a regular basis? YOU answer that question. There's a reason why such a thing would mean jail time -extensive- if it were to happen in the real world. [exchange arbitrage is not illegal in "the real world". exchange arbitrage is an essential part of price discovery in any traded medium with multiple exchanges]

But since we are all being so proactive, so well mannered and putting extensive amount of ribbons to everything that we post not to hurt too many sensitivities, one would actually believe one has entered the Twilight Zone. [not seeing any punches being pulled in the forum] Now we have this "generous" guy, Colin, that offers to match up to $5k whatever donations, as it this were some kind of telethon. It is already a freaking circus with a bunch of people vying for who comes with the most outrageous idea of what to do so they can sell at 37 and buy back at 30 and brag about it. [day traders provide liquidity in a market, another necessary function of a healthy market] It is greedy beyond words, pathetic to extreme that such amount of real resources, which could save hundreds of children's lives, quite literally, would be used in this dick-measuring context for the ONLY purpose of getting a coin to trade at 37 instead of at 30. [opinion, not "critical thinking"] There's no generosity in that. There could be a bunch of other adjectives, none even remotely being "generous"... and and I can see the question in the ever attacking "defense" coming... the answer is "not enough", ok? So you can save yourself the inevitable question.

Can the "Investment Group" exist and be called "Foundation" or any other name? Well, in fact it does already exist, obviously. Organized and ready for action as we saw in the campaign against IC over the weekend. The Land Grab had already taken place, just covertly. Now it is kind of official. You guys, the "community" can do whatever you want but we are BlackCoin and no one but us will ever have control over it. We are the devs and now we are also The Foundation. Marking territory. Besides, we have the coins. [larger coin holdings = larger risk = larger influence] We can do anything we want. In fact, let's move the "discussion" to forums we absolutely control and where absolutely no dissenting words are ever allowed to be posted. [an organized forum]

Well, there are no positives in that. No matter how you pretend to disguise it. Like I warned before, it will prove sooner, rather than later, BlackCoin's undoing. A pity because I love the gorgeous logo. But calls for reason, sadly, are an exercise in futility. [people may just see this fallacy in your "reasoning"] Hopefully not too many people will be severely hurt by the inevitable.

Now back to your previous ra-ra's.

blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:42:25 AM

brammien - way to bring up a post from February 27th, long before any group was formed. I'm getting tired of your stupid useless FUD. Because you're just now grasping at straws not even making sense anymore. All you've been doing well lately is bringing negativity energy to this coin. You're very close to being the first BTCTalk member I ever ignore. Tongue
Ashdrake

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:44:07 AM

Brammien, like i told you, on irc

Everyone accepts Soekip and the foundation.
Everyone wants Soekip and the foundation to continue working

Soekip and the foundation were active for the past 2 months, since development on the coin started. they didnt have an official name or designation, but they were active and

did the blackcoinpool promotion (who ponyed up the money for that? they did)
did the knc miner promotion (again they ponyed up a lot of money themselves)
did the PR thing, that Soekpin is doing right now, and they ponyed up $15K USD before the post was even made)

Let me write something that I wrote on irc,

[04:33] <Ashdrake-Bot> guys, have you heard of Crypto Exchanges? yeah, the things people use to trade coins around, hmm they do sound like a CENTRAL place to do many trades, since i dont go on teh street and exchange my shitcoin for another shitcoin, hmmm crypto is supposd to be free right, ban all exchanges
[04:33] <Ashdrake-Bot> fucking hyprocrisy

If you do not like this, why are you getting mad, and antsy, just sell your shit. Oh wait, you cant sell yoru shit because you would sell at a loss, because based on how many questions and passive aggressiveness and hate you have towards everyone who tried to answer all your questions, i think you bought in at a high price and either doesnt know how to average down a buy in price, OR b doesnt have more btc to average down his buy in price. So you are a little sad bagholder that cant get out, so he has to come and vent your anger over the "devs are evil" and the "foundation members are all illuminati"

NEXT
Chiggins

Activity: 192

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:46:21 AM

I'm so glad I stopped actively trying to keep up with this shitbox of a thread.

A lot of people screaming from the sidelines at "you're doing it wrong," but not stepping up and asking to be a bigger part.

Bramma/Brabba-whatever - Soepkip runs the social media because he took the initiative to start it months ago when there wasn't any, and begin promotion, which still occurs now. IE's wall street, and everything pretty much gets tweeted about, regardless if it was actively donated to by the people who are part of this "foundation" which is pretty much just a collaboration of people with vested interest.

Not really sure what all the complaining about it, I see a lot of good efforts being drowned out, which kills even my own interest in this.

edit:
Quickly went back a page or two and one of the complaints was from someone who'd "never heard of IRC"

I just... what.

They're just getting the front end of the pool up to snuff, give them some time to implement some broader features like support tickets. Criticism is good, but c'mon now.

A R B I T A O         THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
█          [   PRE-SALE starts on   J u l y   1 s t   ]        ❱ ❱ ❱   WHITEPAPER          █
──────────     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ──────────
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:52:38 AM

So talked with soepkip on IRC and he's refusing to talk about foundation until 24-48 hours, was not upfront about his what he did right away, but then came out with it. He's posted this some time ago.

Again:

I'm NOT the Dev.

I DO control the website, twitter and facebook accounts since there where none at the start of the coin.

I HAVE been trying to get in to contact with the dev, rat4.

If you need him: Message him on BTCTalk and he'll get around to it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469640.msg5419103;topicseen#msg5419103

So if Soepkip is on the foundation, that is conflicting interest. Since foundation is just a group of investors they say. something is rotten in the state of denmark.

As per the DOGE of Wall Street, only him and Rat4 are both members of the dev team and of the foundation. That means, specifically, that Soepkip is NOT a member.
brammien

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:55:43 AM

Brammien, like i told you, on irc

Everyone accepts Soekip and the foundation.
Everyone wants Soekip and the foundation to continue working

Soekip and the foundation were active for the past 2 months, since development on the coin started. they didnt have an official name or designation, but they were active and

did the blackcoinpool promotion (who ponyed up the money for that? they did)
did the knc miner promotion (again they ponyed up a lot of money themselves)
did the PR thing, that Soekpin is doing right now, and they ponyed up $15K USD before the post was even made)

Let me write something that I wrote on irc,

[04:33] <Ashdrake-Bot> guys, have you heard of Crypto Exchanges? yeah, the things people use to trade coins around, hmm they do sound like a CENTRAL place to do many trades, since i dont go on teh street and exchange my shitcoin for another shitcoin, hmmm crypto is supposd to be free right, ban all exchanges
[04:33] <Ashdrake-Bot> fucking hyprocrisy

If you do not like this, why are you getting mad, and antsy, just sell your shit. Oh wait, you cant sell yoru shit because you would sell at a loss, because based on how many questions and passive aggressiveness and hate you have towards everyone who tried to answer all your questions, i think you bought in at a high price and either doesnt know how to average down a buy in price, OR b doesnt have more btc to average down his buy in price. So you are a little sad bagholder that cant get out, so he has to come and vent your anger over the "devs are evil" and the "foundation members are all illuminati"

NEXT

I'm only replying to counter your false accusations, I was here prepump, pre 10,000, and invested in this coin cause I believe in it. Your assumptions are wrong. We have a decentralized currency and you want centralization. That's the issue, if you read my posts, you'd see this. Centralization is not the way to go, and there is not check and balances. Really simple, I've never had issues til the coup that took place and self appointed took over. IRC is a whole different place than this thread. IRC few investors come there sure, but most will come here, and age difference is huge.

So I'd not expect the IRC crowd to think like seasoned businessmen, or learned enough in live to know you can't have this sort of centralization of power/decisions without repercussions at some point in time. There's no turning back easily now.

Anways, your childish attacks on me are just that I'd expect from the IRC room. BC is a coin worth fighting for, it's worth it cause it's innovative and is first coin that could take on BTC. So yes I'm upset when I see a powergrab, and also see those same people hiding in IRC with there people ready to defend them. They can't answer the questions put forth, and they are dead set on foundation. It's absolutely not negotiable. It's happened, and done. They won't budge or even listen. Well, that's that.  
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:10:12 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 02:21:36 AM by barabbas

RUNNING A FEW NUMBERS...

This proposed -or real- "Foundation", for what we all know by now, will be comprised of 15-20 individuals "that were here more or less from the beginning" and that are all well know to the community... well, since the whole thing exists only for just over two months, how "well known" can they be?

But since the ra-ra mentality is obviously much more active here than the simplest exercise of critical thinking, let's try some numbers so no one can claim "oh I didn't understand the potential ramifications and dangers. It is already established that the proposed -or real- "Foundation" is, in reality, a "Group of Investors" in which Rat4 and The DOGE take part. There's no other purpose, NONE, that supersedes the main if not only purpose of a "group of investors". By simple and pure definition: To make profits, i.e.:Money. Pure and simple. No ifs, no buts.

With that in mind, I believe it is safe to assume that of those 15-20 investors now in the proposed "Foundation", we will find that they hold most if not all of the top 20 BlackCoin Wallets. And maybe quite a few spares. That's by themselves, not even counting family members, friends or associates already converted to the BC "faith". Remember, the MAIN interest of such group, by definition, is to obtain profits, ok? Now, place yourselves in a position in which you personally or a group of "yous", own double or triple the amount of BC that is traded daily in the exchanges. And just limit the vision, for concentration and clarity purposes, to the two main exchanges, MintPal and Cryptsys. I'm sure you can easily see the unlimited possibilities... on arbitrage alone... which means simply selling in one place and buying in the other while actually maintaining the same amount of BC at the end of the day. Even at $0.12 a piece, the current price, you can easily imagine that such activity, even at much lower levels, would produce dreamlike kind of profits with practically no risks whatsoever. Will the Investors Group in the "Foundation" do this? Of course not, will they? Can they do it, exceptionally or on a regular basis? YOU answer that question. There's a reason why such a thing would mean jail time -extensive- if it were to happen in the real world.

But since we are all being so proactive, so well mannered and putting extensive amount of ribbons to everything that we post not to hurt too many sensitivities, one would actually believe one has entered the Twilight Zone. Now we have this "generous" guy, Colin, that offers to match up to $5k whatever donations, as it this were some kind of telethon. It is already a freaking circus with a bunch of people vying for who comes with the most outrageous idea of what to do so they can sell at 37 and buy back at 30 and brag about it. It is greedy beyond words, pathetic to extreme that such amount of real resources, which could save hundreds of children's lives, quite literally, would be used in this dick-measuring context for the ONLY purpose of getting a coin to trade at 37 instead of at 30. There's no generosity in that. There could be a bunch of other adjectives, none even remotely being "generous"... and and I can see the question in the ever attacking "defense" coming... the answer is "not enough", ok? So you can save yourself the inevitable question.

Can the "Investment Group" exist and be called "Foundation" or any other name? Well, in fact it does already exist, obviously. Organized and ready for action as we saw in the campaign against IC over the weekend. The Land Grab had already taken place, just covertly. Now it is kind of official. You guys, the "community" can do whatever you want but we are BlackCoin and no one but us will ever have control over it. We are the devs and now we are also The Foundation. Marking territory. Besides, we have the coins. We can do anything we want. In fact, let's move the "discussion" to forums we absolutely control and where absolutely no dissenting words are ever allowed to be posted.

Well, there are no positives in that. No matter how you pretend to disguise it. Like I warned before, it will prove sooner, rather than later, BlackCoin's undoing. A pity because I love the gorgeous logo. But calls for reason, sadly, are an exercise in futility. Hopefully not too many people will be severely hurt by the inevitable.

I know you are an intelligent individual, and I am being sincere. After going back and reading what you have written lately, including this current post, I now realize you are more intelligent than I previously gave you credit for. However, your message gets ignored because of your "hateful" tone. I can guarantee if you change your tone and dial it back a bit more people would listen to your point of view.

The brilliance was always there, from the get go, but it was a given that not apparent to all... kind of like Tolstoi or Camus, not accessible to everyone.

My posts, as I have noted several times, only tried to bring the power of reason, common sense, and a sober vision of a long term future away more than the next 10 or 20 -or even 500K -satoshis... which is the only things that transpires here (or at IRC). To give some perspective beyond the feverish greedy rush that seems to motivate many -you included-. Those efforts, I realize, are futile for the most part. So be it, it is what it is. Kind of what you surely will experiment soon enough: No matter how well you know your children are about to make terrible mistakes -otherwise easily avoidable-, you just cannot prevent them from making them. I will witness, with resigned sadness, the self destruction so many times seen before. This is, indeed, the chronicle of a destruction foretold.

We humans are, after all, the only animals in the planet that would stump twice -and more times- on the same stone.
PeterPalmBeach

Activity: 336

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:10:20 AM

Для rat4:
Moжeтe ли вы oтвeтить, ecли вы пo-пpeжнeмy вoвлeчeны в мoнeты?
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:11:47 AM

Hum...this will be an interesting next few days....

Crypto reminds me of a good mystery novel...just when you think you know what is going to happen, there is a plot twist.
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:17:12 AM

RUNNING A FEW NUMBERS...

This proposed -or real- "Foundation", for what we all know by now, will be comprised of 15-20 individuals "that were here more or less from the beginning" and that are all well know to the community... well, since the whole thing exists only for just over two months, how "well known" can they be?

But since the ra-ra mentality is obviously much more active here than the simplest exercise of critical thinking, let's try some numbers so no one can claim "oh I didn't understand the potential ramifications and dangers. It is already established that the proposed -or real- "Foundation" is, in reality, a "Group of Investors" in which Rat4 and The DOGE take part. There's no other purpose, NONE, that supersedes the main if not only purpose of a "group of investors". By simple and pure definition: To make profits, i.e.:Money. Pure and simple. No ifs, no buts.

With that in mind, I believe it is safe to assume that of those 15-20 investors now in the proposed "Foundation", we will find that they hold most if not all of the top 20 BlackCoin Wallets. And maybe quite a few spares. That's by themselves, not even counting family members, friends or associates already converted to the BC "faith". Remember, the MAIN interest of such group, by definition, is to obtain profits, ok? Now, place yourselves in a position in which you personally or a group of "yous", own double or triple the amount of BC that is traded daily in the exchanges. And just limit the vision, for concentration and clarity purposes, to the two main exchanges, MintPal and Cryptsys. I'm sure you can easily see the unlimited possibilities... on arbitrage alone... which means simply selling in one place and buying in the other while actually maintaining the same amount of BC at the end of the day. Even at $0.12 a piece, the current price, you can easily imagine that such activity, even at much lower levels, would produce dreamlike kind of profits with practically no risks whatsoever. Will the Investors Group in the "Foundation" do this? Of course not, will they? Can they do it, exceptionally or on a regular basis? YOU answer that question. There's a reason why such a thing would mean jail time -extensive- if it were to happen in the real world.

But since we are all being so proactive, so well mannered and putting extensive amount of ribbons to everything that we post not to hurt too many sensitivities, one would actually believe one has entered the Twilight Zone. Now we have this "generous" guy, Colin, that offers to match up to $5k whatever donations, as it this were some kind of telethon. It is already a freaking circus with a bunch of people vying for who comes with the most outrageous idea of what to do so they can sell at 37 and buy back at 30 and brag about it. It is greedy beyond words, pathetic to extreme that such amount of real resources, which could save hundreds of children's lives, quite literally, would be used in this dick-measuring context for the ONLY purpose of getting a coin to trade at 37 instead of at 30. There's no generosity in that. There could be a bunch of other adjectives, none even remotely being "generous"... and and I can see the question in the ever attacking "defense" coming... the answer is "not enough", ok? So you can save yourself the inevitable question.

Can the "Investment Group" exist and be called "Foundation" or any other name? Well, in fact it does already exist, obviously. Organized and ready for action as we saw in the campaign against IC over the weekend. The Land Grab had already taken place, just covertly. Now it is kind of official. You guys, the "community" can do whatever you want but we are BlackCoin and no one but us will ever have control over it. We are the devs and now we are also The Foundation. Marking territory. Besides, we have the coins. We can do anything we want. In fact, let's move the "discussion" to forums we absolutely control and where absolutely no dissenting words are ever allowed to be posted.

Well, there are no positives in that. No matter how you pretend to disguise it. Like I warned before, it will prove sooner, rather than later, BlackCoin's undoing. A pity because I love the gorgeous logo. But calls for reason, sadly, are an exercise in futility. Hopefully not too many people will be severely hurt by the inevitable.

I know you are an intelligent individual, and I am being sincere. After going back and reading what you have written lately, including this current post, I now realize you are more intelligent than I previously gave you credit for. However, your message gets ignored because of your "hateful" tone. I can guarantee if you change your tone and dial it back a bit more people would listen to your point of view.

The brilliance was always there, from the get go, but was is a given that not apparent to all... kind of like Tolstoi or Camus, not accessible to everyone.

My posts, as I have noted several times, only tried to bring the power of reason, common sense, and a sober vision of a long term future away more than the next 10 or 20 -or even 500K -satoshis... which is the only things that transpires here (or at IRC). To give some perspective beyond the feverish greedy rush that seems to motivate many -you included-. Those efforts, I realize, are futile for the most part. So be it, it is what it is. Kind of what you surely will experiment soon enough: No matter how well you know your children are about to make terrible mistakes -otherwise easily avoidable-, you just cannot prevent them from making them. I will witness, with resigned sadness, the self destruction so many times seen before. This is, indeed, the chronicle of a destruction foretold.

We humans are, after all, the only animals in the planet that would stump twice -and more times- on the same stone.

Unfortunately your perception of me is wrong. If greed is what motivates me I would have cashed out around 80,000 sat and not looked back.
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:17:48 AM

Для rat4:
Moжeтe ли вы oтвeтить, ecли вы пo-пpeжнeмy вoвлeчeны в мoнeты?
He is active on developing things https://github.com/rat4/blackcoin

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Jabulon

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:19:06 AM

Holy shit the centralization argument still? How do you centralize something you control a fraction of? Seriously how much could they possibly control within the group that is likely "the foundation" - 3% is my estimate, topping out at 5% - and anything suggested over 10% is patently absurd. I've been with this coin since minute fucking zero, every day. The people you accuse of "centralizing" don't have the marketshare to centralize the currency you halfwit.

It's a troll at this point. He's ignoring simple math.

+1 Hahaha - that was a good post. Wonderfully concise too. This womanish blather and self-righteous pomposity has grown to biblical proportions. So much so it has transcended itself, and gone from being massively irritating to hysterically funny.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:27:23 AM

Holy shit the centralization argument still? How do you centralize something you control a fraction of? Seriously how much could they possibly control within the group that is likely "the foundation" - 3% is my estimate, topping out at 5% - and anything suggested over 10% is patently absurd. I've been with this coin since minute fucking zero, every day. The people you accuse of "centralizing" don't have the marketshare to centralize the currency you halfwit.

+1 Hahaha - that was a good post. Wonderfully concise too. This womanish blather and self-righteous pomposity has grown to biblical proportions. So much so it has transcended itself, and gone from being massively irritating to hysterically funny.

While sex, race and the perpetual fight against our own mediocrity are powerful motivators, hardly any of those would justify -to ourselves, for no one else would be fooled by it- our mendacity.

Hysterical enough?
PeterPalmBeach

Activity: 336

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:32:34 AM

While sex, race and the perpetual fight against our own mediocrity are powerful motivators, hardly any of those would justify -to ourselves, for no one else would be fooled by it- our mendacity.

Hysterical enough?

He знaя, чтo я и пoчeмy я здecь, жизнь нeвoзмoжнa
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:37:58 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 03:14:37 AM by digicidal

Yeah well the great man that started it all ( btc) was certainly not some little gamer behind his pc smoking pot.
and He would certainly not have envisioned some spoiled brats to take over this whole thing..

While there is some debate still over who Satoshi was/is - or for that matter whether it was even truly a single person... I do completely agree with you (that he wasn't some little gamer behind his pc smoking pot) however, on the other hand if he truly envisioned the success and profusion that his idea would spark... then he certainly should have figured that it would be championed (to a reasonable extent at least) by them.

Steve Jobs = completely inexperienced 20-something entrepreneur smoked and did drugs much of his life... his company turned out to be pretty successful.

Richard Branson = high school dropout, current dope smoker, and pretty crazy too... his many companies turned out pretty well also.

id Software... everyone involved... ~60% of the people involved in arts and entertainment... etc.

I could go on but the point is - whether or not the image of those who were instrumental at the very beginning is polished or experienced, does not necessarily mean that the result of their efforts cannot be successful.  Additionally, just because the most visible people have decades of business experience doesn't mean it cant wind up being MCI-Worldcomm or Enron.

Wink

Edit - Before someone points out the obvious (BC isn't a corporation)... people with significant business experience tend to be busy running... businesses and the exception are involved with non-profit humanitarian ventures... crypto currencies are neither of these things, though they share some aspects with both.  If for no other reason than that, certain compromises must be accepted with a coin as young and unexpectedly successful as BlackCoin has been so far.
Pages: « 1 ... 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: