R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421191 times)
svenp

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:25:31 PM

I've proposed a solution, similar to what you suggest, reduce subsidy at a certain point and hard fork..

But as I've said, i can implement anything, but it requires an executive decision from the CEO and owners of GPUCoin LLC.  Without that I cannot make these kids of economic changes.

Ok, this is (probably) crazy.... but... what if the currency was re-issued at 1/100th the volume of this one (200 subsidy, 135M maxcoins, etc)?  Is there some way current GPUC holders could convert to the new currency?  I know that's a bit drastic and perhaps impossible practically but something has to be done and cutting the subsidy isn't going to be enough IMHO unless someone supports the price during the transition.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PCJargon

Activity: 126

Smashing rocks with my GPU

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:27:34 PM

I've proposed a solution, similar to what you suggest, reduce subsidy at a certain point and hard fork..

But as I've said, i can implement anything, but it requires an executive decision from the CEO and owners of GPUCoin LLC.  Without that I cannot make these kids of economic changes.

Ok, this is (probably) crazy.... but... what if the currency was re-issued at 1/100th the volume of this one (200 subsidy, 135M maxcoins, etc)?  Is there some way current GPUC holders could convert to the new currency?  I know that's a bit drastic and perhaps impossible practically but something has to be done and cutting the subsidy isn't going to be enough IMHO unless someone supports the price during the transition.
Um, hard fork doesn't mean re-issuing the currency, i just means changing the way it's mined. Any coins already generated would still be part of the same chain.

EDIT: And doing what you're suggesting, re-issuing the currency and allowing current holders to trade in to the new one completely from ground up means that the old network would die, would be forked, and someone could easily falsify millions of GPUC.

Check out this site for legit free BTC. It's like an hourly free lottery ticket that always pays out at least 300 satoshi, and could net you over .3 BTC if you're really lucky. Just gotta fill out a captcha each time. (basically a faucet with chance of real reward)
http://freebitco.in/?r=242778
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:33:40 PM

Well, part of the problem is that because coins are being produced too fast the price is lower than was originally expected and because of this investors are losing a lot of money.  Converting to a new volume would not remedy that if investors have to convert their coins over as well.  

The best solution will be one that ensures the investors can make money.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:34:51 PM

Why do you guys think changing the output will fix anything? Whether it takes 1 GPUC or 1,000,000 GPUC to buy a pencil off of Amazon, it's still going to fluctuate. As was stated by someone else, the problem is the lack of usage of the business system. It's not a coin or mining or exchange problem.

Folks don't seem to be willing to "buy" GPUC in order to buy the cards. If they were, the market would right itself. What's the trade volume? Look at that, it'll tell you the story.

Also this: Mining GPUC to get a GPUC.. GPUC value goes down with BTC value.. this raises the electrical cost by a factor of 2.. so fewer people are interested in simply mining to get GPU's.

If more non miners bought GPUC through some method, and then purchased at the GPUC store, then you'd see a nice surge. Which goes back to.. the business frontend needing volume.

Anonz

Activity: 192

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:34:54 PM

I casted my vote, thanks GPU Coin dev team

Anonz want to remain Anonymous. It's up to those who follow along with us.  My favorite coins?  Magi, Bitcoin, and Darkcoin. Thread about XMG: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0 - Market of XMG: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XMG - #Magi on Freenode IRC:  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi
illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:45:07 PM

Why do you guys think changing the output will fix anything? Whether it takes 1 GPUC or 1,000,000 GPUC to buy a pencil off of Amazon, it's still going to fluctuate. As was stated by someone else, the problem is the lack of usage of the business system. It's not a coin or mining or exchange problem.

Folks don't seem to be willing to "buy" GPUC in order to buy the cards. If they were, the market would right itself. What's the trade volume? Look at that, it'll tell you the story.

Also this: Mining GPUC to get a GPUC.. GPUC value goes down with BTC value.. this raises the electrical cost by a factor of 2.. so fewer people are interested in simply mining to get GPU's.

If more non miners bought GPUC through some method, and then purchased at the GPUC store, then you'd see a nice surge. Which goes back to.. the business frontend needing volume.

We could definitely see a number of changes to their storefront to make their business more sucessful.  There are some critical errors they have not fixed yet.

For example most people will not be able to use the store as they do not know where to obtain GPUCoin.  There is still not a single link on the entire store website that links to a page with general information about how people get GPUCoins.  People are going to pay a little more just because of how inconvenient the entire process is.  Search engines are not too helpful either.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:52:20 PM

GPUCoin, This is the last time I am going to ask.

I think the investors deserve to know:

How much money from selling the first batch of GPUs is going to be used to purchase more GPUs?

That is, what percentage of profits will be going to the pockets of the owners? 

As investors, I think we have a right to know more about the business model used for the store including their strategy for growth, we also have a right to know how much the owner is making off of this venture.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:01:52 PM

For example most people will not be able to use the store as they do not know where to obtain GPUCoin.  There is still not a single link on the entire store website that links to a page with general information about how people get GPUCoins.  People are going to pay a little more just because of how inconvenient the entire process is.  Search engines are not too helpful either.

I absolutely agree, that should've been there from day 1.

I think the investors deserve to know:

How much money from selling the first batch of GPUs is going to be used to purchase more GPUs?

That is, what percentage of profits will be going to the pockets of the owners? 

As investors, I think we have a right to know more about the business model used for the store including their strategy for growth, we also have a right to know how much the owner is making off of this venture.

FWIW, you're not investors, you're early-buyers. Not to like slap you in the face or anything, but that's just the case. You're an investor if you're getting dividends and returns directly from the company, which you're not. You gave them money to have early access to bulk coin.

Your 'investment' is in the value of the coin.

jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 07:06:34 PM

1)Make fork with less coins/block.  Will not save the coin long term, but will alleviate the 6 satoshi and getting lower issue. CEO and IPO or buyers will be happy that their coins are now worth more.
2)Get a team and MARKET THE HELL out of this coin. It needs to be the next viral coin, PERIOD. Like DOGE or Aurora.
3)Use any IPO money left to buy a wide variety of cards and equipment so the store has more items and more volume.  Put links on the store to buy GPU coin.  Sell at CEO's cost until things improve with the coin, then slowly raise prices.
4)I love this coin, don't let it die like every other scam coin. I buy it, I mine it (and I love that it is not scrypt, my cards are all fine and I don't worry about Asics), but even I am losing faith until I see the marketing team post what their plan is here?  MARKETING TEAM, HELLO??? ANYONE HOME? PLEASE POST WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO PROMOTE THE COIN.
I think CEO had a lot to do, and did it well. After all he got this whole thing rolling.  But now it is up to him to make the marketing people do their jobs and his coin experts to do their jobs and get this coin going up in value rather than down.  

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money