R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421193 times)
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:46:39 PM

dude this coin works fine it does not need changed. the problem is exactly what vesper said a long time ago...marketing. this coin has things working against it with GPU's FINALLY coming  down in price, the only way to solve this problem is lower the price in the store. You have to look long term, yeah you may lose money in the beginning but you make it back later. also titan's on the horizon so between these issues alone people are not buying cards like they were last month, which sucks but that's the way it is. We have been hovering around top 5 for a week on profit charts so now you have mine and dumpers dumping it into the single satoshi range, you can see it when the graph has big stair steps in it, this is people dumping then lowering there price then dumping some more. The only way this works out for miners and the store is pricing the cards lower significantly then the competitors otherwise why would people bother if they can mine something else more profitable and buy cards with BTC? The only way this works is having things priced right and more volume. like right now, I need some risers, there aren't any to buy at the store. There are some in the market, which I ordered but haven't showed up and who knows if they will. You guys need volume. Drop the price, sell some cards, create a buzz and demand to use the store or the coin will go to 1 satoshi and we all lose. Changing the coin at this point with the already rocky start of this coin is not a good idea. If it were me I would sell some 280's at $250 or less (there have been some competitors selling around this price lately and selling out fast) this is just like any other business, money talks. people don't care about anything else.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:50:09 PM

FWIW, you're not investors, you're early-buyers. Not to like slap you in the face or anything, but that's just the case. You're an investor if you're getting dividends and returns directly from the company, which you're not. You gave them money to have early access to bulk coin.

Your 'investment' is in the value of the coin.

Yes I have heard this argument before, but I am going to continue using the word 'investor' because that is the word Jaymes used during the fundraising.  And because he described us as being 'investors' I will continue to act as an investor.

Regardless of technicalities, in spirit we are investors.  This is what we were offered and paid for.  It is not my fault Jaymes used loaded words such as 'investor' and 'ipo'.  He should treat us as investors.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:57:04 PM

Another problem right now is if you go on Amazon and search for 280x cards, almost all of them are cheaper than the GPUCoin store 280x.

I was a little confused at first and had to do some research to find out that the Toxic just happens to be a more expensive card.
Most consumers will not know this though, they will just see it as not as good of a deal.

For the next round you might want to get some regular 280x cards, not some overclocked special version.  You can have special editions but you should have a 280x that compares to the standard sold on the market.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 08:05:37 PM

Cryptorush is dying or already dead.
Gpucoin is actually currently trading on Bittrex with laughable volume. We need 2.1684 BTC to push the price up to 34 satoshi.
Maybe we can do it ourselves to save our positions as a community and do it exactly before gettiing on bigger exchange which of course will happen soon on later.
Then the pumped price on the lower exchange will go on on the bigger exchange but there will be more stable.
Just my 2 GPUs.

Cryptostats.es
goodluck0319

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:02:15 PM

I am wondering is this coin going to be dead soon or still alive when bitcoin @ 500?
madbit1000

Activity: 415

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:09:39 PM

Ill give you an idea, why doesn't the CEO and team offer people gpucoins for any ideas that you use, then we might be more prepared to offer our services. As right now, there are other coins that also have potential.

This is my suggestion and i wait to tell you a couple of ideas, but only a couple.

You should not buy a warrant unless you are prepared to sustain a total loss of the money you have invested plus any commission or other transaction charges
silverfern

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:11:28 PM

As I said before in one of my old posts. GPU demand is going down, we need to have a better marketplace with other merchandise as well to garner interest from other people. Gift cards at a discount, other merchandise etc etc and more and more marketing. A successful company is one with good advertising.

Also if others can put items on the marketplace we need to make the buyer feel safe when the transaction goes through.
silverfern

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:13:34 PM

Ill give you an idea, why doesn't the CEO and team offer people gpucoins for any ideas that you use, then we might be more prepared to offer our services. As right now, there are other coins that also have potential.

This is my suggestion and i wait to tell you a couple of ideas, but only a couple.

We had competitions for this already, that gave coins out. If the community and people really cares, why would you need to get paid to give out ideas that might save the coin?

If you have ideas, talk about it, get it used.
garretthaae

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:19:11 PM

Here is an example of what I would like to see done with GPU Coin.  This is also what i wish, and still hope GPUCoin team will create a business plan upload it, then update up on progress maybe twice a week.  

Anyways take a look at it.  I put some time into it.  It is not complete, and I didn't put any numbers for prices as I don't exactly know them.  Also unsure how much money IPO raised for I put $60,000 but in general the number is meaningless since I put it mostly in percentage.

I wish I could just post it but it's too big.  Some grammar etc probably off, but i wasn't about to put too much extra time as I'm unsure if it will even get looked at much.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0sZwqua-x_sOEdycU5rN0xZWDA/edit?usp=sharing

Anyways take it easy.
madbit1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:23:00 PM

I'm still mining GPUC because investment, support, and daily mining profits aren't worth it to me enough to worry about (yay new high paying job Cheesy).

We're not completely dead in the water, still top 100ish on coinmarketcap, and there's plenty of coins below us still being mined...

GPUs are still going to be purchased, even just for gaming. If there could be a way for non mining persons (PC Gamers) to buy GPUC and go through the store, it would be real helpful. Perhaps a service where someone requests the purchase and the coin is auto purchased from exchange and provided to them with a temporarily wallet, at a fee a couple percent greater than the exchange and transfer costs. The viability of this would still depend on much greater marketing and public awareness.

Your kidding right, gamers hate miners..

The best people right now GPUc needs to attract are the buyers on the exchange

You should not buy a warrant unless you are prepared to sustain a total loss of the money you have invested plus any commission or other transaction charges
minergr

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:24:33 PM

Here is an example of what I would like to see done with GPU Coin.  This is also what i wish, and still hope GPUCoin team will create a business plan upload it, then update up on progress maybe twice a week.  

Anyways take a look at it.  I put some time into it.  It is not complete, and I didn't put any numbers for prices as I don't exactly know them.  Also unsure how much money IPO raised for I put $60,000 but in general the number is meaningless since I put it mostly in percentage.

I wish I could just post it but it's too big.  Some grammar etc probably off, but i wasn't about to put too much extra time as I'm unsure if it will even get looked at much.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0sZwqua-x_sOEdycU5rN0xZWDA/edit?usp=sharing

Anyways take it easy.

I like what you 've done there. Probably James or someone from the team should take a look at it.
madbit1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:25:07 PM

We had competitions for this already, that gave coins out. If the community and people really cares, why would you need to get paid to give out ideas that might save the coin?

If you have ideas, talk about it, get it used.
Im not saying competitions, they are ok, but suggestions that will help the coin. Remember we are not the main beneficiaries of the coin the CEO and DEVs are.. So why not pay for our ideas.

hyeoam

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:42:55 PM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/GPUC

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
httpb

Activity: 644
Merit: 272

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:44:40 PM

Two ways to promote the coin that comes to my mind is:

-Promote a coin through https://twitter.com/ThisWeeksCoin/ and http://thisweekscoin.com
-Create a tweet that promotes the coin and then run a giveaway where everyone who retweets it, gets some amount of GPUC coins and the amount would depend on how many followers the person has.
PCJargon

Activity: 126

Smashing rocks with my GPU

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:51:27 PM

I'm still mining GPUC because investment, support, and daily mining profits aren't worth it to me enough to worry about (yay new high paying job Cheesy).

We're not completely dead in the water, still top 100ish on coinmarketcap, and there's plenty of coins below us still being mined...

GPUs are still going to be purchased, even just for gaming. If there could be a way for non mining persons (PC Gamers) to buy GPUC and go through the store, it would be real helpful. Perhaps a service where someone requests the purchase and the coin is auto purchased from exchange and provided to them with a temporarily wallet, at a fee a couple percent greater than the exchange and transfer costs. The viability of this would still depend on much greater marketing and public awareness.

Why?? I'm a PC gamer, I actually use a GTX680 for gaming and mining simultaneously, while in the same PC using a 5970 for mining.

Gamers like mining because it gives them free $ for the expensive cards they're already buying/using for gaming. Makes no sense that they'd hate mining.

Check out this site for legit free BTC. It's like an hourly free lottery ticket that always pays out at least 300 satoshi, and could net you over .3 BTC if you're really lucky. Just gotta fill out a captcha each time. (basically a faucet with chance of real reward)
http://freebitco.in/?r=242778
madbit1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:52:35 PM

I wouldn't relaunch either. Choose the right fork and implement it in a new wallet. Everyone has to update. Some will lose their coins, some not.

I would definitely relaunch.  It looks like too many coins where being issued, and only to a few miners.

This guy spotted issues with coin distribution on time, check the date of the quote.. if only someone listened to him, but he was ignored..

This was from the first coin launch, the figures were fixed, i mentioned having the n-scrypt But no one listened..

madbit1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:55:00 PM

Why?? I'm a PC gamer, I actually use a GTX680 for gaming and mining simultaneously, while in the same PC using a 5970 for mining.

Gamers like mining because it gives them free $ for the expensive cards they're already buying/using for gaming. Makes no sense that they'd hate mining.
Oh ok maybe your the only one.. Cheesy

PCJargon

Activity: 126

Smashing rocks with my GPU

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:10:03 PM

Oh ok maybe your the only one.. Cheesy
Other than the fact that it raises the price on AMD cards, why would they hate? I posted about mining on FB and got at least four of my friends to start using their gaming GPUs to mine. I really don't see a point or real reason in gamers hating miners at all.

I mean.. come on, we're supporting the industry and pushing forward advancement in GPUs.

EDIT: Nvidia is better for gaming anyways  Roll Eyes

Check out this site for legit free BTC. It's like an hourly free lottery ticket that always pays out at least 300 satoshi, and could net you over .3 BTC if you're really lucky. Just gotta fill out a captcha each time. (basically a faucet with chance of real reward)
http://freebitco.in/?r=242778
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 10:31:00 PM

Well I await response from Jaymes or thru Walt on how to proceed forward here on the coin.. I am here to support the coin side on whatever changes are required...

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
madbit1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:02:49 PM

for a gamer who is not interested in destroying their GPU's have rebelled against the miners mainly due to the huge price increases they have received when trying to purchase a new GPU model.

Not everyone wants to mine coins. They are gamers, and true to gaming and thats it.

Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: