R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421195 times)
cnerd

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:56:43 PM

Jaymes held votes to determine what the customer base wanted to purchase from the store, and stocked the store accordingly. He didn't just arbitrarily chose cards which were too expensive.
But then again, unless you are China, mixing economic models is a no go.
If Jaymes wanted a democracy, he should have made a real IPO, where shareholders get a % of the profit and a % of the votes. 
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:01:20 PM

Basically the economy behind the currency failed. You can not fix an economy with software updates, man. Updating wallets and bitcointalk threads wont result in a flow of GPUs to buy with GPUcoins. If you are not going to revive the store (by either investing your own money, IPO or liquid magic) you might aswell just leave this coin to die and focus your efforts somewhere where you can make a difference.

+1.

The coin is alive as a coin. The problem is the business behind it. If the business can not be rebirth the coin will not revive. The only way is a new IPO, however I doubt people will trust again and invest.

A new IPO would make it a ponzi scheme (since you need to inject new money to pay the previous IPOer). It would be a schoolbook ponzi scheme

Of course. And as I said I doubt the IPO will succeed.

IMO if there are people willing to revive the coin and idea nehind it, (I see nice tech support in the face of micryon and ambitious and serious people like vesperwillow and waltsmith), if they or anyone is willing not to give up the whole story I am sure they will fail if they try to revive this coin, better then need to start from the begining. Who has better chances to bring nice reputation: a brand new company or let's say MtGOX? Think about it. This coin failed form the begining as there were 4 failed launches and even before it went live more than 50% of the initially excited followers left the thread and were not interested at all even after the shop opened. Vesperwillow was an IPO investor, but he made a very wise decision by withdrawing his shares and stating that he said that he had lost faith in the CEOs abilities to run further the business and he was right and I am sorry I didn't made the same in the begining. And no, versperwillow is not trolling the thread as someone stated as he is very negative to Jaymes, however, in the same time he is 100% neutral, not biased and right in his statements as he was protecting Jaymes as regard to the statement that he is not a scammer and he may be sued for not dislosing business information to IPO holders, which is also true.

But anyway. As I said my opinion is that in order this coin/business/idea to survive all needs to start clear from the begining with new coin and new business. Apart from the ruined reputation I will repeat again that Jaymes is holding maybe 50% of the coins in circulation and leaving them in his hands and revining the coin without him is even not an option to consider therefore.

Also here is the moment to ask the question how is this idea still applicable in the reality and was the idea to blame for the failure as well apart from Jaymes and me. To be more strict, the time of the implementation of the idea. As lots of people stated and I share their opinion that if this coin and business were running just 6 months in the past they would have been running really hot. However, currently, the GPU demand is going lower and lower and the GPU mining is decreasing its volume. At least for now. Until ASICs for scrypt arrive and the X11 coins explode in difficulty, demand and price as LTC did last year as opposed to BTC. Maybe it is wise to consider all that points and judge out the final plan for what, when and if to sell - ASICs, risers, GPUs, etc...

For me the business model, in the way it has been implemented, is just not sustainable, because crypto market is too volatile.
This would have to be entirely rethought, gpuc should just be an incentive to buy stuff (eg: an extra discount) over something you pay in "real" money (fiat or btc). Otherwise the store just end up without any cash (like it did... )

Stockpiling GPU and selling all of them at once (or over a small period) was a very bad idea:
* It costs too much to the shop at once
* It needs to sell all its stock before being able to buy new merchandises (and since it also depends on selling gpuc... it is even worst,
I had predicted that in a post many many pages away... )
* It can't operate smoothly all year long since it needs to replenish its stock... meaning the store is just closed to business most of the time

I don't think a small business could do it because it doesn't generate enough cash flow (and a small doesn't have enough cash to keep up) to keep the business afloat. Amazon could (may-be, it isn't even sure) do something like that (they can get cheap products, they have enough money to react to problem... provided a benefit can be made at some point)

The consumer target (?) was not well defined. I mean only big farm (coin dumper) could get the coin, however those who were really interested in getting GPU and using that system were small miner who can't get enough gpuc to buy anything. (It is a comment I already made several time, which just usually gets ignored... so it will certainly be ignored once more  Grin)
I must admit I didn't like at all micryon approaches of the coin which was against small miner from the start and which leitmotiv was only "protect the IPO holders"... I think, ignoring (small) miner is a pretty shitty way to design a coin (especially when you want to sell gpu).

Last point, I don't think versperwillow is unbiaised (or like foxnews  Grin) from what he wrote lately, I think he wanted to do a business partnership with Jaymes and got turned down, however I don't see how more mining farm would have helped.

Now, I must admit I never understood why the forum crowd was so much against the ceo. Sure he is not a big communicator, but micryon was present, Hendr1x and some others too... But even then it was never enough to satisfy everybody.
Seriously, when you buy stuff on Amazon, you don't try to contact Amazon CEO and make a scene because it doesn't answer (or try to propose idea to Amazon CEO...) You buy your stuff and that's it. Why it should be different here ?

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:03:08 PM

Jaymes held votes to determine what the customer base wanted to purchase from the store, and stocked the store accordingly. He didn't just arbitrarily chose cards which were too expensive.
But then again, unless you are China, mixing economic models is a no go.
If Jaymes wanted a democracy, he should have made a real IPO, where shareholders get a % of the profit and a % of the votes.  
It is a small business, not a major corporation... he wanted investors (well... donators) not business partner... (and the deal was pretty clear from the start... only some IPOer didn't understand it and thought they were business partner and had a say in the business decision)

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
cnerd

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:08:15 PM

It is a small business, not a major corporation... he wanted investors (well... donators) not business partner... (and the deal was pretty clear from the start... only some IPOer didn't understand it and thought they were business partner and had a say in the business decision)
How is that an argument at all? Who does not want money? And who wants to split the profits of his business?
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:13:31 PM

How is that an argument at all? Who does not want money? And who wants to split the profits of his business?
Try to go to your neighbourhood grocery store and propose the manager/owner money in exchange of partnership and you'll see what I mean...
You ignore the fact that some people still wants to own their business (meaning he never wanted a democracy...  )

djm34 facebook page
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:23:41 PM

Last point, I don't think versperwillow is unbiaised (or like foxnews  Grin) from what he wrote lately, I think he wanted to do a business partnership with Jaymes and got turned down, however I don't see how more mining farm would have helped.

I have nothing to gain or lose from any of it. I pulled out of the coin entirely before it launched. What bias would I have? My opinion of his mismanagement hasn't changed, nor has my support or advice to those trying to make something of it.

I offered to help him if he wanted it--I didn't want to be a business partner, I just wanted to see the idea take off. I asked for no additional benefit for my help, I was going to provide services and support out of my own pocket just to see the coin take off.

I also offered more than just a farm. Everyone here complained about his lack of presence, the lack of products shipping (which still haven't shipped for some customers), nobody helping them out, nobody talking on the forum in an official manner, etc. I had offered to be that guy. Jaymes refused to talk to me. I don't hold a grudge against that because I had nothing to gain anyhow.

And when you have a business coin, you want to ensure no forks occur and that transactions are always being processed, regardless of anyone else mining the coin. This is why you have a dedicated mining network. Other business related coins have them. He didn't see the benefit.

And here we are today.

Now, I must admit I never understood why the forum crowd was so much against the ceo. Sure he is not a big communicator, but micryon was present, Hendr1x and some others too... But even then it was never enough to satisfy everybody.
Seriously, when you buy stuff on Amazon, you don't try to contact Amazon CEO and make a scene because it doesn't answer (or try to propose idea to Amazon CEO...) You buy your stuff and that's it. Why it should be different here ?

The coders were present always, but that doesn't help with the frontend issues which Jaymes held sole control over. He should've had someone helping him.

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 01:52:21 PM

I have nothing to gain or lose from any of it. I pulled out of the coin entirely before it launched. What bias would I have? My opinion of his mismanagement hasn't changed, nor has my support or advice to those trying to make something of it.

I offered to help him if he wanted it--I didn't want to be a business partner, I just wanted to see the idea take off. I asked for no additional benefit for my help, I was going to provide services and support out of my own pocket just to see the coin take off.

I also offered more than just a farm. Everyone here complained about his lack of presence, the lack of products shipping (which still haven't shipped for some customers), nobody helping them out, nobody talking on the forum in an official manner, etc. I had offered to be that guy. Jaymes refused to talk to me. I don't hold a grudge against that because I had nothing to gain anyhow.

And when you have a business coin, you want to ensure no forks occur and that transactions are always being processed, regardless of anyone else mining the coin. This is why you have a dedicated mining network. Other business related coins have them. He didn't see the benefit.

And here we are today.

The coders were present always, but that doesn't help with the frontend issues which Jaymes held sole control over. He should've had someone helping him.
May-be you are just living to close to him (dealing with someone on internet and in real life is totally different...)
Ok if he didn't send the product to everybody yet, this is clearly unacceptable.
Regarding someone to help him with the frontend, it is always the same problem, it means he would have had to spend more money to hire someone (this would have required the store to be already profitable).
Actually hiring someone would certainly have been more useful than spending 5000$ on having a company working on new splitter design... (the business was too young for that, as it wasn't its main goal)

edit: obviously I assume what he said is true...

djm34 facebook page
vesperwillow

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:57:22 PM

May-be you are just living to close to him (dealing with someone on internet and in real life is totally different...)
Ok if he didn't send the product to everybody yet, this is clearly unacceptable.
Regarding someone to help him with the frontend, it is always the same problem, it means he would have had to spend more money to hire someone (this would have required the store to be already profitable).
Actually hiring someone would certainly have been more useful than spending 5000$ on having a company working on new splitter design... (the business was too young for that, as it wasn't its main goal)

edit: obviously I assume what he said is true...

There are a couple of folks who verified that weeks after paying, they never received a product, and he refused to respond to their inquiries. I'm not sure if it's changed in the past week, but that's status as of back then.

He wouldn't have had to spend money with someone volunteering to help, and I totally agree he blew money on some odd splitting thing. Products already exist, why was he spending thousands of dollars to polish a wheel? Makes no sense.

jollyriffic

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:24:32 PM

with my idea, there doesn't need to be anyone backing the store, no ipo, no other crap. everything is in place.. the people that would stock the store are miners!
we've got a ground breaking ability here to rock the world of crypto with the right advertising.

here is what i've said a few times now. take it, chew it up, swish it around in your mouth, and add or subtract to it.

Hendrix already had an escrow, store, and method to charge based on the current market value.
if he would set the market value to the average over the past month, switch to accepting a few coins, and then also sell gpuc directly from said store, we could have a sort of amazon.com site.

would be a good deal of work on his end, but why not?
it has the potential to be as big as amazon. i'd say even go full on copy and paste of how amazon looks and feels.
this way people are already used to the layout.

the sellers could post their coins directly in que to be sold from the site itself, or opt to cash out to their wallet.
why are we waiting for some huge corporation to adapt when we can do it ourselves.
the store doesn't have to be called gpucoinstore.

pretty sure i've said this all before in this thread. while it would be nice for someone else to get the heart beating on gpuc, what's stopping those involved already to get cracking on this?

i haven't had anyone respond to my idea, am i brain damaged and just don't see a flaw?
if he is still holding a boat load of coins, what does it matter? spite?
i personally sunk all my money into gpuc, so i would like to get this coin up off the ground.

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:37:12 PM

The main problem i see with the store is that they sell the cards at GPUC BID price.... Creating pressure on the bid side always lowers the value of a coin, to a point where the coin reaches 1 SAT with no buyers (basic economics) due to market saturation, because they had no strong backing of fiat and they had the pressure to exchange their GPUC to buy cards.

The only solution, and i tought this was their initial idea, is to have a HUGE inventory and sell the cards at a loss for some time at the target GPUC price, e.g. if i want the coin to reach 0.05 BTC i should sell 1 R9 290 close to 21 GPUC and wait for the GPUC price to catch up with the price target, creating buy pressure on the OFFER side by scarcity.

These guys should contract an economist to help them on that, they're clueless and are doing it wrong. Too bad, this coin promised a lot.

vesperwillow

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:49:51 PM

with my idea, there doesn't need to be anyone backing the store, no ipo, no other crap. everything is in place.. the people that would stock the store are miners!
we've got a ground breaking ability here to rock the world of crypto with the right advertising.

here is what i've said a few times now. take it, chew it up, swish it around in your mouth, and add or subtract to it.

The points of your idea were brought up in general by several people throughout the life of this thread, and it never gained support. My thought is: Why use GPUC and not Bitcoin or another firmly established coin?

The main problem i see with the store is that they sell the cards at GPUC BID price.... Creating pressure on the bid side always lowers the value of a coin, to a point where the coin reaches 1 SAT with no buyers (basic economics) due to market saturation, because they had no strong backing of fiat and they had the pressure to exchange their GPUC to buy cards.

The only solution, and i tought this was their initial idea, is to have a HUGE inventory and sell the cards at a loss for some time at the target GPUC price, e.g. if i want the coin to reach 0.05 BTC i should sell 1 R9 290 close to 21 GPUC and wait for the GPUC price to catch up with the price target, creating buy pressure on the OFFER side by scarcity.

These guys should contract an economist to help them on that, they're clueless and are doing it wrong. Too bad, this coin promised a lot.

Before the store was designed, I gave them this same general speech and provided them with a basic equation and a couple of variations on how to work the price calculation. Many of us brought this up.

Best of luck to you guys wanting to make something of this.

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:56:41 PM

Hendrix already had an escrow, store, and method to charge based on the current market value.
if he would set the market value to the average over the past month, switch to accepting a few coins, and then also sell gpuc directly from said store, we could have a sort of amazon.com site.

would be a good deal of work on his end, but why not?
it has the potential to be as big as amazon. i'd say even go full on copy and paste of how amazon looks and feels.
this way people are already used to the layout.

the sellers could post their coins directly in que to be sold from the site itself, or opt to cash out to their wallet.
why are we waiting for some huge corporation to adapt when we can do it ourselves.
the store doesn't have to be called gpucoinstore.

pretty sure i've said this all before in this thread. while it would be nice for someone else to get the heart beating on gpuc, what's stopping those involved already to get cracking on this?

i haven't had anyone respond to my idea, am i brain damaged and just don't see a flaw?
if he is still holding a boat load of coins, what does it matter? spite?
i personally sunk all my money into gpuc, so i would like to get this coin up off the ground.
Your idea is good if your pocket is as deep as the one of Amazon...
Unless you have some of the stolen MtGox BTC, it isn't achievable.  
(best thing actually would be to make a deal with amazon, not to compete with them)

djm34 facebook page
blueangel01

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:57:50 PM

It would have been better if this is just a store that sells GPU for BTC/LTC.

But... even though it is, he could still runaway with the money.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 03:02:47 PM

You must be related to Madoff somehow  Grin
And how do you buy that much cards... you don't need an economist, you need a billionaire ready to lose lots of money.
(and actually, nobody will sell you gpu if you resell them too low... you will just get banned at some point, there is an mrsp, if you sell too low you won't get anything at all... canon for example is about to enforce mrsp on their cameras)

djm34 facebook page
general_heat

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:09:41 PM

Why is Polonix have a 'GPUC Frozen' tag ?
sonysasankan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 06:49:13 PM

Why is Polonix have a 'GPUC Frozen' tag ?

Maybe they're getting rid of it.... or maybe giving it the LTC treatment Smiley

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 09:22:53 PM

NO. Poloniex was hacked a few days ago and froze a lot of wallets.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money