Bitcoin Forum
August 05, 2024, 05:14:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814504 times)
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:34:07 PM

Here is the latest version.

CR.I.S.P. for Retirement initial features:

Separate tab in the DNotesVault for Retirement Dashboard

The retirement dashboard will include:
1) Display Number of Accounts
2) Display Total amount on Deposit in DNotes and USD
3) Display Total USD Value at time of Deposit
4) A button to create a retirement account with the following form:
  a) Select from 5, 10, 15, or 20 year plans paying 0.7%, 0.8%, 0.9%, and 1% monthly bonuses.
  b) Type a label for this account, the label will default 5YEAR, 10YEAR, 15YEAR, and 20YEAR respectively
5) A table with each of your retirement accounts with the following columns
  a) The account label
  b) An address that may deposit DNotes at any time
  c) Number of DNotes
  d) The USD deposit value
  e) The Current USD value
  f) A withdrawal button
    Note: If you click the withdrawal button before the term has ended, you will be sent to a hardship withdrawal form.
  g) A date of completion for each account.

Bonuses will be paid monthly until the 1,000,000 DNotes retirement fund is exhausted.

If you have any comments, please let us know, we will lock these features in tomorrow.

That is a great start. 

Consistent with our philosophy, we are making the whole process easy to understand, easy to setup and secure.

CR.I.S.P. for Retirement will only be available to those who are willing to have their retirement savings locked for a minimum period of 5 years. Additional terms include 10 years, 15 years and 20 years.

1,000,000 DNotes has been donated to be distributed as bonus.

Being simple and easy to understand is key. We have to all need to keep in mind just how complicated the crypto-world is. It still amazes me just how little newbies know about crypto, and just how hard the concepts are to grasp for most of them.

We can (and will) add additonal features when the timing is right.

Smokey
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 02:59:21 PM

a) Select from 5, 10, 15, or 20 year plans paying 0.7%, 0.8%, 0.9%, and 1% monthly bonuses.
  b) Type a label for this account, the label will default 5YEAR, 10YEAR, 15YEAR, and 20YEAR respectively
  a) The account label
  c) Number of DNotes
  d) The USD deposit value
  e) The Current USD value
  f) A withdrawal button
    Note: If you click the withdrawal button before the term has ended, you will be sent to a hardship withdrawal form.

Bonuses will be paid monthly until the 1,000,000 DNotes retirement fund is exhausted.

If you have any comments, please let us know, we will lock these features in tomorrow.

That is a great start.  

Consistent with our philosophy, we are making the whole process easy to understand, easy to setup and secure.

CR.I.S.P. for Retirement will only be available to those who are willing to have their retirement savings locked for a minimum period of 5 years. Additional terms include 10 years, 15 years and 20 years.

I would like to see an "I Agree" button that verifies the user has read, and agreed to, these specifications. If you don't accept it, you don't go any further. Keeps things civil if there is a problem later on. Of course, the system needs to record this. Other than that, looks like all it needs for now, pretty much what I had envisioned....

Great point. We can come up with something that is very simple and straightforward.

Remaining key issues: 1) Draft copy for the landing page (I already posted some guidiance earlier) 2) Press Release, 3) Should we include a quote from our project leader. Is there another title we should use? 4) Pre marketing before launch. Launch date is scheduled for the week of February 16, 2015. I can do as much or as little as needed.  RJF should make the call on this one.

I can handle 1 and 3, I think 2 and 4 are best left up to the core team.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:30:21 PM

a) The account label
  c) Number of DNotes
  d) The USD deposit value
  e) The Current USD value
  f) A withdrawal button

That is a great start.  

I would like to see an "I Agree" button that verifies the user has read, and agreed to, these specifications. If you don't accept it, you don't go any further. Keeps things civil if there is a problem later on. Of course, the system needs to record this. Other than that, looks like all it needs for now, pretty much what I had envisioned....

Great point. We can come up with something that is very simple and straightforward.

Remaining key issues: 1) Draft copy for the landing page (I already posted some guidiance earlier) 2) Press Release, 3) Should we include a quote from our project leader. Is there another title we should use? 4) Pre marketing before launch. Launch date is scheduled for the week of February 16, 2015. I can do as much or as little as needed.  RJF should make the call on this one.

Everything looks great.

I really like the wording "hardship withdrawal form".  It's compassionate but also let's them know withdrawing should only be for a serious emergency.  If they withdraw early, do they forfeit their bonus?

At the end of the locked in term, is the entire amount released at once?  If it is, I'm sure by then regulations will be in order that it could be rolled over tax free into some sort of registered retirement income fund.  I'm not sure what you have on the withdrawal hardship page, but maybe it should include that income tax is payable on all capital gains in countries that have that law??

Dyna's question about a quote from our project leader (RJF) - "Is their another title we should use?"  If you are meaning another title for project leader, then I say yes.  Director of CR.I.S.P. For Retirement / CR.I.S.P. for Retirement Director, or something similar sounds very professional.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 03:32:53 PM

a) The account label
  c) Number of DNotes
  d) The USD deposit value
  e) The Current USD value
  f) A withdrawal button

That is a great start.  

Remaining key issues: 1) Draft copy for the landing page (I already posted some guidiance earlier) 2) Press Release, 3) Should we include a quote from our project leader. Is there another title we should use? 4) Pre marketing before launch. Launch date is scheduled for the week of February 16, 2015. I can do as much or as little as needed.  RJF should make the call on this one.

First draft....

CR.I.S.P. For Retirement

Helping to secure YOUR future in an uncertain financial world

“Will you have the resources to enjoy your retirement or, will you still be working until you can no longer do so? In these uncertain financial times, it is becoming more and more difficult to maintain a retirement account that will actually see you through your golden years. DNotes believes that we can help. Please read the information presented here for more on the concept of using DNotes to augment your retirement savings. RJF”

CR.I.S.P. for Retirement  has been created to augment the resources needed to help see us through our retirement years. This is an unstructured and self-directed plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle. Re-occurring savings, in any amount, may be added at any time.

CR.I.S.P. is the brain-child of Chase, a core team member of CryptoMoms; a community with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the cryptocurrency world currently dominated by men. CryptoMoms.com is a currency neutral site, offering rich content on everything one needs to know about cryptocurrency. It has a very helpful community ready to answer any questions promptly. CryptoMoms was created by, and is fully funded by, the DNotes team.

As the most stable digital currency with a solid track record of reliable appreciation, DNotes offers the potential of high returns on long-term investment. A large family of CR.I.S.Ps. will be offered in an effort to expand this investment opportunity beyond the early adopters of this emerging industry.

CryptoMoms and the DNotes team are dedicated to help anyone interested in starting a CR.I.S.P. for any child. In order to encourage and reward the children for developing strong saving habits, the DNotes team will award prizes, in DNotes, for the top wallets on the list, as well as some randomly chosen participants, during the first two formative years. We have created a CR.I.S.P. for Kids Rich List that displays, in descending order, the balances in the children’s wallets.  Each child will be identified only by a nickname / username.

Text…

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 03:40:00 PM

a) The account label
  c) Number of DNotes
  d) The USD deposit value
  e) The Current USD value
  f) A withdrawal button

That is a great start.  

Everything looks great.

I really like the wording "hardship withdrawal form".  It's compassionate but also let's them know withdrawing should only be for a serious emergency.  If they withdraw early, do they forfeit their bonus?

At the end of the locked in term, is the entire amount released at once?  If it is, I'm sure by then regulations will be in order that it could be rolled over tax free into some sort of registered retirement income fund.  I'm not sure what you have on the withdrawal hardship page, but maybe it should include that income tax is payable on all capital gains in countries that have that law??

Dyna's question about a quote from our project leader (RJF) - "Is their another title we should use?"  If you are meaning another title for project leader, then I say yes.  Director of CR.I.S.P. For Retirement / CR.I.S.P. for Retirement Director, or something similar sounds very professional.

I agree in concept but, I think we should stay away from specifics. Instead of "income tax" and other specific terms, perhaps that disclaimer should read something like this:

"Depositors are reminded that compliance with all existing and future laws governing financial instruments, reporting, paying of taxes or fees and digital currency regulation is the express responsibility of the depositor."

DNotesVault
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:45:37 PM

a) The account label
  c) Number of DNotes
  d) The USD deposit value
  e) The Current USD value
  f) A withdrawal button

That is a great start.  

Excellent. That is what we will do. We are all working as a team. I am certain that everyone will be happy to assist in any way possible. I am very proud of you all and this is what inspires me.

Think of DNotes as a team sport. We are all in this to win the championship. Every project is a championship game. With the right mindset, discipline, hard work and commitment to be the best in class every time, we will emerge as the champions. Undoubtedly, the valuation for the championship team is always higher than the other teams. This is one more reason why we believe that Chase will be proven to be correct.

Quote from Chase:
January 25, 2015

“ DNotes will be the best performing investment of the next decade.”
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 04:02:16 PM

Quote from Chase:

“ DNotes will be the best performing investment of the next decade.”

Just purchased some more "Notes' I have been watching the spread between DNotes and Bitcoin as Bitcoin's price climbs but, DNotes is keeping up, possible outperforming Bitcoin at certain times. It's getting harder and harder to buy them in quantity and I LOVE IT!

Paid 4031 on Poloneix and I had to buy up quite a few sell orders to get what I wanted, very healthy.

Looking good guys...

DNotesVault
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:10:35 PM

a) The account label
  c) Number of DNotes
  d) The USD deposit value
  e) The Current USD value
  f) A withdrawal button

That is a great start.  

Everything looks great.

I agree in concept but, I think we should stay away from specifics. Instead of "income tax" and other specific terms, perhaps that disclaimer should read something like this:

"Depositors are reminded that compliance with all existing and future laws governing financial instruments, reporting, paying of taxes or fees and digital currency regulation is the express responsibility of the depositor."

That sounds really good!  I still think that there needs to be a "knock on the head, you may be subject to tax" before you press that withdrawal button.  What if we changed it slightly to emphasize the withdrawal consequences?

"All withdrawals are subject to existing and future laws governing financial instruments.  Reporting, paying of taxes or fees, and digital currency regulation is the express responsibility of the account holder."

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:16:05 PM

a) The account label
  c) Number of DNotes
  d) The USD deposit value
  e) The Current USD value
  f) A withdrawal button

That is a great start.  

Remaining key issues: 1) Draft copy for the landing page (I already posted some guidiance earlier) 2) Press Release, 3) Should we include a quote from our project leader. Is there another title we should use? 4) Pre marketing before launch. Launch date is scheduled for the week of February 16, 2015. I can do as much or as little as needed.  RJF should make the call on this one.

Everything looks great.

I really like the wording "hardship withdrawal form".  It's compassionate but also let's them know withdrawing should only be for a serious emergency.  If they withdraw early, do they forfeit their bonus?

At the end of the locked in term, is the entire amount released at once?  If it is, I'm sure by then regulations will be in order that it could be rolled over tax free into some sort of registered retirement income fund.  I'm not sure what you have on the withdrawal hardship page, but maybe it should include that income tax is payable on all capital gains in countries that have that law??

Dyna's question about a quote from our project leader (RJF) - "Is their another title we should use?"  If you are meaning another title for project leader, then I say yes.  Director of CR.I.S.P. For Retirement / CR.I.S.P. for Retirement Director, or something similar sounds very professional.

1. "Depositors are reminded that compliance with all existing and future laws governing financial instruments, reporting, paying of taxes or fees and digital currency regulation is the express responsibility of the depositor."

Excellent, RJF. I am 100% in agreement with you.

2. "hardship withdrawal form"

Hardship is considered on a case by case basis.

3. At the end of the locked in term, is the entire amount released at once?

No. The only event that occurred is that the account is now unlocked. The account holder can continue  with re-occurring deposits or withdraw DNotes from the account in whole or in parts.

4. CR.I.S.P. for Retirement Director

I love the new title, but that is just 1 vote.

Use case: “According to CR.I.S.P. For Retirement Director, RJF  ………………………………….”
manfred87

Activity: 201

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:53:27 PM

my client will not download the newest DNotes blockchain.. can you help?

i downloaded newest version from github, deleted my data folders.. i start with "-addnode=n6.dnotescoin.com -addnode=n7.dnotescoin.com -addnode=n4.dnotescoin.com -addnode=n5.dnotescoin.com -addnode=128.199.239.199 -addnode=95.85.44.200 -addnode=162.243.225.90 " but still same error:

{
    "version" : 1010000,
    "protocolversion" : 1010000,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 353739,
    "connections" : 13,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 23.04448336,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1422278282,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : "WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct!  You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."
}

coinwarz says there are 493,881 blocks..
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 05:02:58 PM

a) The account label
  c) Number of DNotes
  d) The USD deposit value
  e) The Current USD value
  f) A withdrawal button

That is a great start.  

Everything looks great.

I really like the wording "hardship withdrawal form".  It's compassionate but also let's them know withdrawing should only be for a serious emergency.  If they withdraw early, do they forfeit their bonus?

At the end of the locked in term, is the entire amount released at once?  If it is, I'm sure by then regulations will be in order that it could be rolled over tax free into some sort of registered retirement income fund.  I'm not sure what you have on the withdrawal hardship page, but maybe it should include that income tax is payable on all capital gains in countries that have that law??

Dyna's question about a quote from our project leader (RJF) - "Is their another title we should use?"  If you are meaning another title for project leader, then I say yes.  Director of CR.I.S.P. For Retirement / CR.I.S.P. for Retirement Director, or something similar sounds very professional.

1. "Depositors are reminded that compliance with all existing and future laws governing financial instruments, reporting, paying of taxes or fees and digital currency regulation is the express responsibility of the depositor."

No. The only event that occurred is that the account is now unlocked. The account holder can continue  with re-occurring deposits or withdraw DNotes from the account in whole or in parts.

#1 through #3: In agreement. Remember, this is a global offering, U.S. nomenclature such as "income tax" might not be understood in every country. Generic terms such as "fees", "laws", and "regulation" are globally understood. We certainly want to get it right the first time, don't want to change the disclaimer too many times unless specific new laws require that to be done.

#4 I'm good with that, whatever fits the developing structure is fine with me. "Head Cook and Bottle Washer" is OK as long as DNotes continues to prosper. Smiley

DNotesVault
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:15:31 PM

a) The account label
  c) Number of DNotes
  d) The USD deposit value
  e) The Current USD value
  f) A withdrawal button

That is a great start.  

Everything looks great.

No. The only event that occurred is that the account is now unlocked. The account holder can continue  with re-occurring deposits or withdraw DNotes from the account in whole or in parts.

#1 through #3: In agreement. Remember, this is a global offering, U.S. nomenclature such as "income tax" might not be understood in every country. Generic terms such as "fees", "laws", and "regulation" are globally understood. We certainly want to get it right the first time, don't want to change the disclaimer too many times unless specific new laws require that to be done.

#4 I'm good with that, whatever fits the developing structure is fine with me. "Head Cook and Bottle Washer" is OK as long as DNotes continues to prosper. Smiley

Great. "Head CooK" that was me for a few years. "Bottle Washer" that title might have already taken by some of our non-believers who appeared in the beginning pages of this forum, LOL.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 05:18:02 PM

i downloaded newest version from github, deleted my data folders.. i start with "-addnode=n6.dnotescoin.com -addnode=n7.dnotescoin.com -addnode=n4.dnotescoin.com -addnode=n5.dnotescoin.com -addnode=128.199.239.199 -addnode=95.85.44.200 -addnode=162.243.225.90 " but still same error:

{
    "errors" : "WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct!  You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."
}

Hi manfred87,

Everything looks good, you have connection, you are downloading blocks, the version looks right, I would restart the client and give it a couple hours (I think about 4 hours is typical now, depending on your machine). If you have already given it some time, the only thing you can do is delete the blk*.dat files from your data directory and start re-downloading the blockchain, the client can get stuck sometimes or hooked onto a bad connection, you may even want to delete your peers.dat.

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 05:26:49 PM

{
}

Hi manfred87,

Everything looks good, you have connection, you are downloading blocks, the version looks right, I would restart the client and give it a couple hours (I think about 4 hours is typical now, depending on your machine). If you have already given it some time, the only thing you can do is delete the blk*.dat files from your data directory and start re-downloading the blockchain, the client can get stuck sometimes or hooked onto a bad connection, you may even want to delete your peers.dat.

Just don't delete "wallet.dat" if you had any coins in a prior version or, prior installation. If you did have coins, back up wallet.dat before proceeding with any upgrades or changes.

DNotesVault
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:28:11 PM

a) The account label
  c) Number of DNotes
  d) The USD deposit value
  e) The Current USD value
  f) A withdrawal button

That is a great start.  

Everything looks great.

Great. "Head CooK" that was me for a few years. "Bottle Washer" that title might have already taken by some of our non-believers who appeared in the beginning pages of this forum, LOL.

You are right.  It is an all encompassing statement that protects DNotes regardless of the circumstances.  My mind is always doing the "what if" - leftover damage from a previous life!   Wink

"Head Cook and (baby) Bottle Washer" - been there, done that...  Grin

4. CR.I.S.P. for Retirement Director, RJF   2 votes

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 06:14:31 PM

a) The account label
  c) Number of DNotes
  d) The USD deposit value
  e) The Current USD value
  f) A withdrawal button

That is a great start.  

"I Agree" button:

RJF, is the following what you have in mind? If it is, feel free to edit or make any changes. Just trying to help getting to the goal line.

"I agree that my current and future deposits made to this account will be locked and not available for withdrawal for duration or length of time I selected. I understand that any request for hardship withdrawal will be considered on a case by case basis."
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:37:15 PM

Here is some quick retirement facts I'll place here that are related to data RJF wanted to see.

*A recent report by Jack VanDerhei of the Employee Benefits Research Institute should worry you:

Assuming you're retired for 35 years (generous, but not totally unrealistic), and factoring in nursing home and home health care costs:

83% of those in the lowest income quartile will run out of money,
47% of those in the second-lowest quartile will run out,
28% of those in the second-highest quartile will run out, and
13% of those in the highest income quartile will run out.   

When the retirement time is chopped down to 20 years (to age 85), 8% of the highest quartile income earners will still run out of money.

*The mean and median values of IRA accounts is $70,000 and $20,000 respectively. The mean average is propped up by the fact that 6.3% of IRA accounts are in excess of $250,000

98.5% of taxpayers have IRA account balances at $1,000,000 or less.
1.2% of tax payers have IRA account balances at $1,000,000 to $2,000,000.
0.2% (or 83,529) taxpayers have IRA account balances of $2,000,000 to $3,000,000
0.1% (or 36,171) taxpayers have IRA account balances of $3,000,000 to $5,000,000
<0.1% (or 7,952) taxpayers have IRA account balances of $5,000,000 to $10,000,000
<0.1% (or 791) taxpayers have IRA account balances of $10,000,000 to $25,000,000
<0.1% (or 314) taxpayers have IRA account balances of $25,000,000 or more

*As of 2010, low savings rates, financial crises, and poor stock market performance had caused retirement savings account values to fall so low that 75% of Americans nearing retirement age had less than $30,000 in their retirement accounts, which Forbes called "the greatest retirement crisis in American history." - Wikipedia, footnote 7

*In 2010, the median household retirement account balance for workers aged 55 to 64 was $120,000, which will provide only a trivial supplement to Social Security benefits, but a third of households had no retirement savings at all. - Wikipedia, footnote 33

For the most part, it appears that American incomes and retirement balances are so varied, that calculated proportions of income spend on healthcare are difficult to come across. The following figures should make it clear that it is very high however!

*Fidelity’s annual Retiree Health Care Costs Estimate estimate suggests that a 65‐year‐old couple retiring in 2014 would need $220,000 (in today's dollars) in total to pay for medical expenses throughout their retirement (17 years for men, 20 years for women, on average), not including nursing home or long‐term care.

and...

*According to the Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI), a 65-year-old couple with median prescription-drug expenses who retire this year will need $295,000 to enjoy a 75 percent chance of being able to pay all their remaining lifetime medical bills, and $360,000 to have a 90 percent chance.

*I have struggled to find any good data that finds ‘average returns’ on IRA’s because there are so many different investment portfolios. One company that I looked at is below, I found that most of the returns listed under 10 year rate of return had a tendency to fall somewhere between 5 and 8%. I found similar results with another investment firm called vanguard.

- https://www.tiaa-cref.org/public/tcfpi/InvestResearch

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:55:29 PM

Here is some quick retirement facts I'll place here that are related to data RJF wanted to see.

*A recent report by Jack VanDerhei of the Employee Benefits Research Institute should worry you:

Assuming you're retired for 35 years (generous, but not totally unrealistic), and factoring in nursing home and home health care costs:

When the retirement time is chopped down to 20 years (to age 85), 8% of the highest quartile income earners will still run out of money.

*The mean and median values of IRA accounts is $70,000 and $20,000 respectively. The mean average is propped up by the fact that 6.3% of IRA accounts are in excess of $250,000

0.2% (or 83,529) taxpayers have IRA account balances of $2,000,000 to $3,000,000
0.1% (or 36,171) taxpayers have IRA account balances of $3,000,000 to $5,000,000
<0.1% (or 7,952) taxpayers have IRA account balances of $5,000,000 to $10,000,000
<0.1% (or 791) taxpayers have IRA account balances of $10,000,000 to $25,000,000

*As of 2010, low savings rates, financial crises, and poor stock market performance had caused retirement savings account values to fall so low that 75% of Americans nearing retirement age had less than $30,000 in their retirement accounts, which Forbes called "the greatest retirement crisis in American history." - Wikipedia, footnote 7

*In 2010, the median household retirement account balance for workers aged 55 to 64 was $120,000, which will provide only a trivial supplement to Social Security benefits, but a third of households had no retirement savings at all. - Wikipedia, footnote 33

For the most part, it appears that American incomes and retirement balances are so varied, that calculated proportions of income spend on healthcare are difficult to come across. The following figures should make it clear that it is very high however!

*Fidelity’s annual Retiree Health Care Costs Estimate estimate suggests that a 65‐year‐old couple retiring in 2014 would need $220,000 (in today's dollars) in total to pay for medical expenses throughout their retirement (17 years for men, 20 years for women, on average), not including nursing home or long‐term care.

and...

*According to the Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI), a 65-year-old couple with median prescription-drug expenses who retire this year will need $295,000 to enjoy a 75 percent chance of being able to pay all their remaining lifetime medical bills, and $360,000 to have a 90 percent chance.

*I have struggled to find any good data that finds ‘average returns’ on IRA’s because there are so many different investment portfolios. One company that I looked at is below, I found that most of the returns listed under 10 year rate of return had a tendency to fall somewhere between 5 and 8%. I found similar results with another investment firm called vanguard.

Thanks, TeeGee, RJF, Chase and others for providing some supporting data to highlight the importance of supplementing our retirement savings when an opportunity presents itself. No matters how one wants to slice it, the core problem of retirement readiness looks troubling.

The daily struggle of the disadvantaged and those in poverty will continue without meaningful improvement. We all could wish that we can help to change that, but that is not likely. What we are trying to do with CR.I.S.P. for Retirement is to encourage a few to start helping themselves early with the hope that they may be in a better position one day to help a few more within their reach. If we can all make a little difference for the better, because we care enough; may be one day we can influence some among the top 1% to join force with us to do even more.

CR.I.S.P. for Charity, … anyone from the top 1%? We can use a helping hand here;  ……. may be a CR.I.S.P. for Students scholarship fund to help many students in great needs. Well, as you can see we have plenty of work to do beyond making DNotes a trustworthy and stable digital currency with reliable long term appreciation. It is also a currency with a purpose.

Thanks, TeeGee. Great research. I am quite certain that "average returns on IRA’s .... had a tendency to fall somewhere between 5 and 8%" is accurate.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:57:34 PM

and...

Sad state of affairs indeed. The way I see it, several things are coming together to create a crisis for retirees: Stock Market problems, very low interest offered, Social Security and Medicare in crisis, inflation, dismal economy, and the fact that the "baby boomers" are going to be taxing the Social Security and Medicare system even more. Looks like we all should be responsible for our retirement, Uncle Sam may be too broke to help you!!

Smokey
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:08:50 PM

a) The account label
  c) Number of DNotes
  d) The USD deposit value
  e) The Current USD value
  f) A withdrawal button

That is a great start.  

"I Agree" button:

RJF, is the following what you have in mind? If it is, feel free to edit or make any changes. Just trying to help getting to the goal line.

"I agree that my current and future deposits made to this account will be locked and not available for withdrawal for duration or length of time I selected. I understand that any request for hardship withdrawal will be considered on a case by case basis."

I also think the whole RJF Director thing sounds very professional. Another one to consider: what do you think about saying "Retirement Portfolio Team Leader?" or something similar so that we can really accentuate that it is an active and growing team here at DNotes working towards common goals? - Just a thought, I think it looks really good either way. Maybe it is best RJF decide for himself how he would like to be addressed. This is like the biggest release in crypto since... genesis bitcoin block, I mean DNotes! Genesis block. There will need to be a massive team behind this one day as the project grows. I imagine a whole team of people reviewing information and analysing early withdrawal requests, perhaps even financial advisors! RJF has come forward with a great number of suggestions thus far.

Also, I'm not sure how comfortable some people are when it comes to using their real names in a press release, but does anybody else feel it provides a feeling of trust? For example, I quite liked hearing in the DNotes press releases that DYNA was a man called Alan Yong with a brief snippet of information about him and how his previous and current business experience (not sure if his MBA got a mention) provides a great strategic foundation for DNotes to grow on. That said, there was a significant amount of information on the internet about DYNA already that could be searched, so this strategic decision made a lot of sense.

The hardship withdrawal is a great idea.

Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: