Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 08:58:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 12:28:08 AM

A think somewhile back, a request was made for retirement stories. Well, I'll give you one:

For most of my adult working life, I held down multiple jobs and careers. I've been in the workforce in one way or another since I was 12 years old. My main job for 20 years was as a Firefighter/EMT in a busy ocean side resort town. We ran about 1200 Fire calls and 7500 EMS calls a year. During down time from that, I managed a second career in electronics & computers, commercial fishing as a deck hand up through captain (Masters ticket), learned radio and electronics service business, and started a successful internet access provider that went national.

Through all this, the only job that offered security AFTER the fact was Firefighter. So, I didn't put much thought into those "golden years" back then and it looked like I wouldn't have to. Then, things changed. While fighting a rooming house fire, my partner and I were blown out of the second story by a steam explosion. He was severely injured and retired as a result, I got off easy with minor injuries but even so, things that came easy prior to that incident now produced pain or simply could not be accomplished.

This was shortly after the birth of my second daughter and reality said, "Time to retire before it buries you" and that is what I did. There were several options availble regarding pension payouts and I, being the Internet geek, choose the IRA cash out. This was 1993, how could it not be the best choice? It was heavy in tech stocks and that sector was booming right?

Well, you all know what happened then, the boom became a crash heard round the world when that bubble imploded and my excellent IRA became nearly worthless overnight. There was no going back and saying "My mistake, I wanted the 20 year payout instead..." The deal was done.

So for all those years, all that work, late nights, snow, hurricanes, floods, countless auto accidents fires and other disasters, I was left with almost exactly $27K for MY "Golden Years"  

Luckily, I wasn't as stupid as I sound right now and had other sources of income and savings but it still hurt. What if I had not acquired the skills and knowledge I did while working for the City? Where would I be now? Don't even want to think about that.

Remember, there is no such thing as a sure thing, it's all subject to change....

That is an important lesson and likely a very common story of how things change so quickly, especially when you're not prepared.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:37:23 AM

Ref: CR.I.S.P. For Employee Benefits

Hi Marc. Here is a "shower moment" for your notes - slogon.

"Do you offer CR.I.S.P. For Employee Benefits."

"As part of our monthly employee award program we offer CR.I.S.P. for Employee Benefits."

I am sure you can come up with more along those lines.

Our goal is to get many job seekers to ask for it by name.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:46:11 AM

Great first draft RJF, I'm really enjoying trading everybody's business experience stories and such. We have a very experienced DNotes team, combined with some younger members who will take DNotes into the future.

Perhaps our little game for DYNA's apprentice wasn't a particularly left field idea? Within a year or two this group could have so much demand for involvement that we could consider DNote 'mentorships' / internships in subjects like: strategy, marketing, programming and development, finance and management.

The top students from universities could one day work with CRISP directors to gain meaningful experience in a nascent industry that will soon be the centre of finance that will create many jobs that do not yet even exist. This is experience they would otherwise find impossible to ascertain. Some wealthy people out there may want to start a DNotes scholarship to help students go to university, we could provide essential experience in conjunction with such a program.

Bill Gates etc made it big in part because they were the only people in the world with the required experience when demand for their skills arose. The same will occur in crypto.

Who doesn't want a piece of the future?

Written on my phone... Took ages, but I'm in a car driving through the regrowth of the black Saturday fires from 2009. Hope autocorrect didn't play any tricks on me!

TeeGee, "internships in subjects like: strategy, marketing, programming and development, finance and management" is a real possibility.

"Some wealthy people out there may want to start a DNotes scholarship to help students go to university". I am counting on this one. It will happen.

Too much going on right now. Sorry to be so brief. Enjoy your holidays.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 02:48:55 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2015, 03:08:27 AM by RJF

Here's an interesting distraction. I like this coin, they are good people doing good things. I know we have touched on this already but, their point is well taken and it affects us as well. Their approach to solve the problem is something to think about:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=924410.msg10148272#msg10148272

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494708.5820

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:21:35 AM

Excellent work everyone. And yes I will edit/proofread these items. I actually like proofreading!

Edit: Yes, please send me anything you would like reviewed, edited, proofread. I don't like to be too modest, but I am very good at this! Thanks!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:28:58 AM

Excellent work everyone. And yes I will edit/proofread these items. I actually like proofreading!

Edit: Yes, please send me anything you would like reviewed, edited, proofread. I don't like to be to modest, but I am very good at this! Thanks!

Marc, you are excellent at editing. Thanks for helping out. We are growing quite a team here and we are going to need that.
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:34:50 AM

Anytime, I do love it. LOL. Anything I can do to assist, I will do.
neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 10:31:33 AM

Hi,

Again sorry for my English,not my first language.
This is my story:

I am 39 years old,had nice computer shop business from 2002-2009,really nice natural growth,nice relationship with vendors and everything was just great till economical crisis come and burned me down.Bank colapsed,people lost everything and my company finished.
In that brightly period of business i told myself if we go in the way like now i will be in retirement in 45....My dream.

In december 2013,friend from basketball told me a story about bitcoin and mining,we catch all story and we made decision that we are to late for BTC mining,we invested in 2 rigs and started mining LTC.After 2 months diff came to high....You all now that story.

After that we followed launching for every ALT coin,god know how much creap we minted,huge scam and of course losts....and that story you know too.

The story go till we found Dnotes,we started mining and with 5 gpu we get about 35k for i cannot remember exactly in what period,than we find cryptorush,worked some daily trades for month and we get about 80k....Then Dnotes price start goes down,we panic and sold out all.
Maybe 100k+...

With all experience from previcious coins i thought that is all we can see from Dnotes.After couple months Cryptorush collapsed,we lost all BTC there and that story you all know...

But I decided to move on and had a luck,with bro and his friends from U.S. They come here on avacation and i started  to explain them Cryptoworld...Scrypt Mining Asics....WOW!Such a power...great! Bought couple Zeus thunders 28mhs and continue mining....
In that period Dnotes start movement again,price grow,diff grow....Good sign.Put 2 asics in Dnotes network and keep it all...
Rest of asics minted for ROI and that 2 like invest.That money from ROI we put in Dnotes.
I am such glad we done that and we keep it them all.

People you dont have stress if u have Dnotes like invest!!! That is more important thing in this industry.No stress!!!
No pumps,no dumps,strong hand holders and possibility to invest in you and your kids future...

Chase posted here on thread before couple weeks some facts from market cap...Dnotes price goes up for 25 times from start till now,not even full year!

From aspect of ordinary man:
I can dream again,that i will go to retirement in 45,if we go in the same way as we do in last year.

So,this time i wanna thanks and congrats Alan,Chase,Dnotes and Dev team and rest of community for excellent work and giving opportunity.

Regards to all of you!

Nele

coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:13:03 PM

@nele what a touching story, thanks for sharing your experience. I feel for you. But I'm also glad that you got back on track and support DNotes.
Can't go wrong with these guys, the community is great, the coin is stable and no pumps & dumps.

DNotes to da moon!  Smiley

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 01:39:36 PM

Hi,

This is my story:

I am 39 years old,had nice computer shop business from 2002-2009,really nice natural growth,nice relationship with vendors and everything was just great till economical crisis come and burned me down.Bank colapsed,people lost everything and my company finished.
In that brightly period of business i told myself if we go in the way like now i will be in retirement in 45....My dream.

In december 2013,friend from basketball told me a story about bitcoin and mining,we catch all story and we made decision that we are to late for BTC mining,we invested in 2 rigs and started mining LTC.After 2 months diff came to high....You all now that story.

After that we followed launching for every ALT coin,god know how much creap we minted,huge scam and of course losts....and that story you know too.

The story go till we found Dnotes,we started mining and with 5 gpu we get about 35k for i cannot remember exactly in what period,than we find cryptorush,worked some daily trades for month and we get about 80k....Then Dnotes price start goes down,we panic and sold out all.
Maybe 100k+...

With all experience from previcious coins i thought that is all we can see from Dnotes.After couple months Cryptorush collapsed,we lost all BTC there and that story you all know...

But I decided to move on and had a luck,with bro and his friends from U.S. They come here on avacation and i started  to explain them Cryptoworld...Scrypt Mining Asics....WOW!Such a power...great! Bought couple Zeus thunders 28mhs and continue mining....
In that period Dnotes start movement again,price grow,diff grow....Good sign.Put 2 asics in Dnotes network and keep it all...
Rest of asics minted for ROI and that 2 like invest.That money from ROI we put in Dnotes.

People you dont have stress if u have Dnotes like invest!!! That is more important thing in this industry.No stress!!!
No pumps,no dumps,strong hand holders and possibility to invest in you and your kids future...

Chase posted here on thread before couple weeks some facts from market cap...Dnotes price goes up for 25 times from start till now,not even full year!

I can dream again,that i will go to retirement in 45,if we go in the same way as we do in last year.

So,this time i wanna thanks and congrats Alan,Chase,Dnotes and Dev team and rest of community for excellent work and giving opportunity.

Regards to all of you!

Nele

My sympathies to you on your past experience with the industry but, it's typical and has happened to most of us in some form or another. Learning that lesson and staying invested in crypto is what separates the investors from the speculators. DNotes is my prime crypto investment. I'm into about 15 coins at this point, down from 35 or so and DNotes is without a doubt the best of those and one of the few I actively participate in.

So, welcome back and here's to great year with DNotes!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 01:56:24 PM

Mind fodder: (food for thought)

https://blog.coinjar.com/2015/02/10/introducing-hedged-accounts/

DNotesVault
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 02:28:15 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2015, 02:45:30 PM by Dyna

Hi,

This is my story:

Maybe 100k+...

Regards to all of you!

Nele

Thanks for sharing your very touching experience in the world of cryptocurrency, Nele. There must be tens of thousands of people who have been hurt by it. I have lost a small amount in others coins too, but not that much to make a difference. I just turned 69 and will retire at 73. Four more years! With your help I am very confident that we can make it happen.

DNotes philosophy for success is very different. We believe that to accomplish true sustainable success in creating a currency of value that value must be of some mutual benefits to millions of people around the world, the larger that population the more successful the currency will be. People are rewarded for their participation and level of risk they are willing to take; as miners, savers, investors and ecosystems.

We are still at the absolute ground floor. Our business model calls for a long healthy growth path that is likely to go down in history as the best investment of the next decade. Of course, it can only be proven one year at a time. We will have secured one out of ten on DNotes birthday on Wednesday next week, February 18, 2015.

Always remember, it is not where you are but where you are going from here that matters. We can not change the past, but with commitments, dedication and hard work, together, we can help shape the future. Many people need our help. It is perfectly fine to help others, in efforts that mutually benefit us.  Essentially, that is what DNotes is doing.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:28:30 PM

Took a quick look. Hedging is nothing new. There is a cost in real term, as well as opportunity cost. Wish I have more time to elaborate. This is what the major payment processors, like Coinbase have been doing. There are various ways of hedging. Hedging alone will not be the cure all solution for Bitcoin or mass acceptance. High volatiles carry high cost wiping out all the low transaction cost savings. Hedging helps but it is not good enough.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:35:48 PM

Hi,

This is my story:

Maybe 100k+...

Regards to all of you!

Nele

Thanks Nele.  You are very hard working and dedicated to be able to go through all that and not give up.  You are a perfect fit in the DNotes family!  Wink

2009 - OUCH!  I don't know of anyone that wasn't hurt by that crash.  DNotes gives the investor some diversity outside of the more typical investments like stocks, bonds, real estate, etc.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 05:44:48 PM

We are can use more creative contributions in coming up with positive Headlines for 700 word PR Campaign targeting Mainstream Media:

1. DNotes Digital Currency Reaches Out To Include Everyday People In The Rewards Of Early Technology Investment

2. Government Run Pension Plans Unsustainable As DNotes Continues To Assist People In Rebuilding With CR.I.S.P. For Retirement.

3. Bitcoin Alternative DNotes May Provide The Comfort Mainstream Media Needed, if one year of Consistent Stability with Solid Appreciation can Restore their Confidence.

4. Trust is Central to the Success of a Trustless Decentralized System. Bitcoin will succeed with a little more Love and a lot more Trust.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:39:44 PM

Here is a very interesting bill that was introduced in New Hampshire last month.

In January, New Hampshire State Rep. Eric Schleien (R) introduced HB 552, a bill that would implement a plan for the state to accept bitcoin as payment for taxes and fees by mid-2017. The bill was introduced with 7 bipartisan co-sponsors. Last week it made progress when the Ways and Means Committee announced it will hold a public hearing on this bill on Thursday, February 12.

There is also another bitcoin related bill in the NH legislature, HB 356, which would exempt “persons using private virtual currencies for Internet commerce from the licensing requirements for money transmitters.” HB 356 only has 3 Republican co-sponsors, and the committee of jurisdiction (House Commerce and Consumer Affairs Committee) has not made any plans to move this bill forward.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/billtext.aspx?billnumber=HB0552.html
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:21:36 PM

Here is a very interesting bill that was introduced in New Hampshire last month.

In January, New Hampshire State Rep. Eric Schleien (R) introduced HB 552, a bill that would implement a plan for the state to accept bitcoin as payment for taxes and fees by mid-2017. The bill was introduced with 7 bipartisan co-sponsors. Last week it made progress when the Ways and Means Committee announced it will hold a public hearing on this bill on Thursday, February 12.

There is also another bitcoin related bill in the NH legislature, HB 356, which would exempt “persons using private virtual currencies for Internet commerce from the licensing requirements for money transmitters.” HB 356 only has 3 Republican co-sponsors, and the committee of jurisdiction (House Commerce and Consumer Affairs Committee) has not made any plans to move this bill forward.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/billtext.aspx?billnumber=HB0552.html

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

“persons using private virtual currencies for Internet commerce from the licensing requirements for money transmitters.” This would be huge if most states would pass this as a law, even just granting a honey moon grace period of 10 years. Unless we as an industry can change the political climate, this may be somewhat wishful. Here is one I prefer to be wrong.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:21:44 PM

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

“persons using private virtual currencies for Internet commerce from the licensing requirements for money transmitters.” This would be huge if most states would pass this as a law, even just granting a honey moon grace period of 10 years. Unless we as an industry can change the political climate, this may be somewhat wishful. Here is one I prefer to be wrong.

I've actually been talking about an unrelated matter with a Canadian political party, and the subject of cryptocurrency came up. They don`t know enough about it to take a stance, so I`m going to educate them. I`ll make sure to include some examples of favorable legistlation like this. With the Federal election date set for Oct. 19th/2015, cryptocurrency could in to play and be a game changing issue...
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 09:14:16 PM

CR.I.S.P. for Retirement landing page updated and open for comments and suggestions:
https://dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-retirement.php

MarriedWithChildren

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:20:25 PM

I'm new to this and have never posted on a forum in my life.  I just bought some DNotes today and signed up at DNotesVault.  Never in my life have I bought 10,000 anything for $100.  If I don't take a chance on this one, I'll kick myself all the way to the grave.  If it doesn't work out, what the heck, I'll spend another $20 on a bottle of wine and forget all about it in the morning.
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: