Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:29:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 04:44:40 PM

wup some troubles in dnotespool?

We are investingating issues in the backend. Your shares and hashrate are safe and we will fix things ASAP.

Findblocks disabled, new blocks will currently not show up in the frontend
Blockupdate disabled, blocks and transactions confirmations are delayed
Payouts disabled, you will not receive any coins to your offline wallet for the time being

hope everything is ok soon.

Sent an email. I'm sure he will have it back up soon.

Pool is back up and running.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 05:04:58 PM

DNotesVault links and resources page.

http://dnotesvault.com/resources.php

Suggestions?

This forum

Main Website

Links to current and previous press releases

Links to articles relating to DNotes and chosen industry information

Other DNotes related social media

Should Add a link to CryptoMoms.

Just an idea right now, needs some serious thinking and willingness to commit quality limited time available. Pick one top article per week posted on this forum with great comments. Someone be responsible in transferring that article to a DNotesVault page with an Executive Summary. We need to be very selective with high quality work; maintaining balanced, fair and objective comments. We can start of with 10 somewhat dated articles. One of that comes to my mind is "Why Bitcoin Matters" by Marc Andreessen.

TeeGee and Marc may also do an Executive Summary on some of my Blog Posts as well as other favorites from this forum by others. I recall that TeeGee had made this suggestion earlier. We do have a lot of excellent work overshadowed rapidly by growing number of new pages.

The objective is to provide a single location with high quality contents about Digital Currency most helpful to serious readers and new investors.

Please let us know what you think.

Yep, it has CryptoMoms and Social links, added News and Articles.

ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 05:17:35 PM

One thing I can't seem to find on the dnotes or dnotesvault website is any sort of address or physical contact information. Particularly in the case of the dnotesvault, how can we trust (beyond seeing the wallets) that money would be repaid in the event of the website being hacked? What jurisdiction does the dnotes team operate under? Is it a company?
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:28:00 PM

One thing I can't seem to find on the dnotes or dnotesvault website is any sort of address or physical contact information. Particularly in the case of the dnotesvault, how can we trust (beyond seeing the wallets) that money would be repaid in the event of the website being hacked? What jurisdiction does the dnotes team operate under? Is it a company?

It's a ligitimate question and concern. I am trying finish up another important project and will post a more detail response soon. Thanks.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 06:34:03 PM

DNotesVault links and resources page.

http://dnotesvault.com/resources.php

Suggestions?

This forum

Main Website

Links to current and previous press releases

Links to articles relating to DNotes and chosen industry information

Other DNotes related social media

Should Add a link to CryptoMoms.

Just an idea right now, needs some serious thinking and willingness to commit quality limited time available. Pick one top article per week posted on this forum with great comments. Someone be responsible in transferring that article to a DNotesVault page with an Executive Summary. We need to be very selective with high quality work; maintaining balanced, fair and objective comments. We can start of with 10 somewhat dated articles. One of that comes to my mind is "Why Bitcoin Matters" by Marc Andreessen.

TeeGee and Marc may also do an Executive Summary on some of my Blog Posts as well as other favorites from this forum by others. I recall that TeeGee had made this suggestion earlier. We do have a lot of excellent work overshadowed rapidly by growing number of new pages.

The objective is to provide a single location with high quality contents about Digital Currency most helpful to serious readers and new investors.

Please let us know what you think.

If we do, it might be better to have a separate blog and have a feed that can be posted on other sites. The typical blog platforms have always had security issues which we wouldn't want on the DNotesVault website.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:38:23 PM

DNotes Open House February 17 & 18 - Drop in and say hi!

Come celebrate with us:

CR.I.S.P. For Retirement Launch - Feb 16

DNotes Birthday - Feb 18

One year record as the most stable currency!

This is our turn as a community to show our support for a well deserved coin and a well deserved team. Let’s keep this forum busy during the Open House and give CR.I.S.P. for Retirement a great head start.

If you know someone who hasn't posted yet, or only done so once, get in touch with them and ask them to drop in and say hello.

Message people from our forum that have been away.

In honor of CR.I.S.P. For Retirement, anyone who wishes to could post a retirement fact or story.  Limit of one fact or story per post, but as many posts as you want.

Share your retirement situation or Grandpa's "back in my day" stories.  Grin

Updated CR.I.S.P. for Retirement Launch Date to February 16th.

Countdown to launch... 3 days!!  Grin

The CR.I.S.P. for Retirement plan will be the first savings plan specifically for retirement that I will have funded. To do it in cryptocurrency is very exciting.
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 07:02:30 PM

DNotes Open House February 17 & 18 - Drop in and say hi!

Come celebrate with us:

CR.I.S.P. For Retirement Launch - Feb 16

DNotes Birthday - Feb 18

One year record as the most stable currency!

This is our turn as a community to show our support for a well deserved coin and a well deserved team. Let’s keep this forum busy during the Open House and give CR.I.S.P. for Retirement a great head start.

If you know someone who hasn't posted yet, or only done so once, get in touch with them and ask them to drop in and say hello.

Message people from our forum that have been away.

In honor of CR.I.S.P. For Retirement, anyone who wishes to could post a retirement fact or story.  Limit of one fact or story per post, but as many posts as you want.

Share your retirement situation or Grandpa's "back in my day" stories.  Grin

Updated CR.I.S.P. for Retirement Launch Date to February 16th.

Countdown to launch... 3 days!!  Grin

The CR.I.S.P. for Retirement plan will be the first savings plan specifically for retirement that I will have funded. To do it in cryptocurrency is very exciting.

To read what you just posted is very exciting! It shows DNotes CAN make a difference and is moving in the right direction.

It's a brave new world and this is only the beginning. Over time, we will see more and more "traditional" financial products move to the digital space, free to reach their true potentials to make our lives better and help provide real security in an uncertain financial world.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:19:20 PM

That is a very legitimate question and concern. It has indeed been a major pitfall of this industry and will likely remain as a major obstacle to mass adoption. From a legal perspective, DNotes is not an entity owned by a company, any individual or a group of individuals. Ownership is at will; meaning that anyone can own and disown DNotes. This is true with all crypto currencies including Bitcoin and DNotes. DNotes is not a company with a jurisdiction.

In my personal opinion, it is ironic that an industry that thrives with pride on not needing a “trusted” third party is rampant with untrustworthy parties and bad actors which have literally walk away with investors’ hard earned money countless times. Nearly all of us have been a victim of that at one time or another.

DNotes and its community recognized this serious weakness from the beginning and have been operating on the premise that the cornerstone of DNotes must be built on trust and integrity if we want DNotes to be successful. We can not tell anyone to trust us due to the nature of the industry and the legal structure. Everyone should do their due diligent and only invest to the extent that they can afford a complete loss. Digital currency is an emerging technology that has yet to be proven and although it has high potential returns, it also comes with high risks. It is prudent for everyone to exercise extreme caution before investing.

Having said that, you may Google “Alan Yong DNotes” and a number of other search terms to learn more about me. I am among a group of major DNotes stakeholders that have pledged the guaranteed funds to protect DNotes depositors. To that extend there is legal recourse. You are also welcome to PM me if I can be of further assistance. DNotes and its community have gone to great lengths to earn the trust of our supporters and that may be the primary reason why DNotes has been the most stable Digital currency in the industry. Hope this response has been helpful.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:34:22 PM

We are can use more creative contributions in coming up with positive Headlines for 700 word PR Campaign targeting Mainstream Media:

1. DNotes Digital Currency Reaches Out To Include Everyday People In The Rewards Of Early Technology Investment

2. Government Run Pension Plans Unsustainable As DNotes Continues To Assist People In Rebuilding With CR.I.S.P. For Retirement.

3. Bitcoin Alternative DNotes May Provide The Comfort Mainstream Media Needed, if one year of Consistent Stability with Solid Appreciation can Restore their Confidence.

4. Trust is Central to the Success of a Trustless Decentralized System. Bitcoin will succeed with a little more Love and a lot more Trust.

5. DNotes Digital Currency Edges Closer To Mass Adoption With Their CR.I.S.P. Programs

6. DNotes Stability Record Sets The Standard For Others To Follow

7. DNotes Provides True Innovation in Digital Currency by Going Back to the Roots of Money Itself.

8. More than just another Digital Currency, DNotes Works for Your Future While Providing for the Present.

9. It's Time To Get Serious About Your Digital Portfolio. DNotes offers numerous options designed to help you transition to the future of Digital Currency.

DNotes For Debt?  Is A Stable Digital Currency The Answer To Your Future Being Debt Free?

CryptoCurrency, moving too fast for it's own good?
Without the proper tools in place, in a race to bring technology to market, Bitcoin was unleashed on the world (or shoved maybe). Even today, the tools aren't up to snuff IMO. But here is the good news and positive spin... DNotes knows the world isn't ready, instead they are publishing tools and services to allow people get and hold cryptocurrency as a long term investment. Anyway, this or a similar direction, has a lot of potential to be sensational and inspirational to feed the media monster, with a positive outlook for the future of cryptocurrency, depending on the direction and how the article is written.

Reminds me of the tortoise and the hare.

RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 07:36:57 PM

Bad link here:

http://dnotescoin.com/News/index.php?id=29&cat_id=&p=&search=

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
ik_do

Activity: 522

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:47:45 PM

That is a very legitimate question and concern. It has indeed been a major pitfall of this industry and will likely remain as a major obstacle to mass adoption. From a legal perspective, DNotes is not an entity owned by a company, any individual or a group of individuals. Ownership is at will; meaning that anyone can own and disown DNotes. This is true with all crypto currencies including Bitcoin and DNotes. DNotes is not a company with a jurisdiction.

In my personal opinion, it is ironic that an industry that thrives with pride on not needing a “trusted” third party is rampant with untrustworthy parties and bad actors which have literally walk away with investors’ hard earned money countless times. Nearly all of us have been a victim of that at one time or another.

DNotes and its community recognized this serious weakness from the beginning and have been operating on the premise that the cornerstone of DNotes must be built on trust and integrity if we want DNotes to be successful. We can not tell anyone to trust us due to the nature of the industry and the legal structure. Everyone should do their due diligent and only invest to the extent that they can afford a complete loss. Digital currency is an emerging technology that has yet to be proven and although it has high potential returns, it also comes with high risks. It is prudent for everyone to exercise extreme caution before investing.

Having said that, may Google “Alan Yong DNotes” and a number of other search terms to learn more about me. You are also welcome to PM me if I can be of further assistance. DNotes and its community have gone to great lengths to earn the trust of our supporters and that may be the primary reason why DNotes has been the most stable Digital currency in the industry. Hope this response has been helpful.

Thanks for the response.

I appreciate that none of these altcoins or bitcoin itself really have an office, it was more about the dnotesvault in particular (I suppose I should have clarified that more). I am satisfied so far with the information provided (because I did my own research) but I think for a newcomer to the website it may come off as slightly disconcerting that there is no information about any person/organisation associated with the dnotesvault website. I hope that in the future there is some more information provided because it would help a lot to reassure people of the vault's long term viability; I understand that due to regulatory limitations at this point it is a little difficult for that though.

Many of the promising crypto projects I have invested in have a habit of hiding useful information deep within their bitcointalk threads. Presumably, most people will just visit the website and base their decisions off of that or some basic Google searches.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:01:29 PM

Having said that, may Google “Alan Yong DNotes” and a number of other search terms to learn more about me. You are also welcome to PM me if I can be of further assistance. DNotes and its community have gone to great lengths to earn the trust of our supporters and that may be the primary reason why DNotes has been the most stable Digital currency in the industry. Hope this response has been helpful.

Thanks for the response.

I appreciate that none of these altcoins or bitcoin itself really have an office, it was more about the dnotesvault in particular (I suppose I should have clarified that more). I am satisfied so far with the information provided (because I did my own research) but I think for a newcomer to the website it may come off as slightly disconcerting that there is no information about any person/organisation associated with the dnotesvault website. I hope that in the future there is some more information provided because it would help a lot to reassure people of the vault's long term viability; I understand that due to regulatory limitations at this point it is a little difficult for that though.

Many of the promising crypto projects I have invested in have a habit of hiding useful information deep within their bitcointalk threads. Presumably, most people will just visit the website and base their decisions off of that or some basic Google searches.

Good to know that my response has been helpful. DNotes is still evolving based on a multi year plan. I often like to equate it to a loaf of bread in the making. Until it is fully baked, there is always a viable argument that it is “not a loaf of bread”. For that matter, DNotes is still work in progress. As a currency, its function as a medium of exchange has not been enabled by choice. For those who may want to argue that it is not a currency, it is best to hold off our rebuttal. Just like it is not yet a loaf of bread.

We are very strategic in everything we do, and they are done block by block. DNotes will be one year old on Wednesday next week. Our first year mission was to build a trusted currency that is stable with reliable long term appreciation which we strongly believe is a perquisite to mass acceptance. We added two strategic properties; CryptoMoms and DNotesVault coupled with a strategic vehicle we call CRISP.

Among others, our second year mission is to go beyond our industry to develop awareness for DNotes and expand our reach to others interested to share our vision and become DNotes stakeholders. We will be reaching out to common people, business owners, students and charity organizations, while also reaching out to the mainstream media and political leaders to join force with us.

Following that we will focus on payment processing, mobile applications, global payment network systems, regulated exchange and financial services. This will take another year or more. At this time the focus will be on corporate and legal structures support by many full and part-time professionals and a corporate office. All legal structures must be registered, licensed as needed, meeting all reporting requirements. They are enormously expensive and time consuming.

From a practical and strategic standpoint, it can only be accomplished in stages. We are committed to make this happened and trust that DNotes is best positioned to deliver what it takes be the Digital Currency of the future that can positively improve the financial standing of many common people and the unbanked worldwide. This will be no easy task. We appreciate your support and that of everyone else.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 09:16:45 PM

Updated and working now.

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 10:16:39 PM

Hey gang, I got the invite to the open house Smiley I will be around

THX!
MMNC

PS: I am still mining Dnotes of course, However I decided to try Ihash Multipool (Arch coin) It had Dnotes as the main scrypt coin ( or I wouldn't have mined there )  Wink  with about 120 MH devoted to it. However my first 20 hours of mining resulted with all orphans. (Dnotes only) I notified support and they took it out of the rotation. Said they felt it had forked, but I informed them I had not seen anything unusual with Dnotes. This was all yesterday. As of today they still do not have Dnotes Sad

Perhaps a dev from here can look into it? maybe offer to see where they went wrong.

This was the main contact: https://archsupport.freshdesk.com/support/solutions

They were very quick to respond and also I was compensated for the lost Dnotes that orphaned.  Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 10:21:44 PM

Make no mistake, I am for the most part anti-multipool lol, however With Dnotes as their primary coin, I couldn't resist and at the same time was still helping to grow Dnotes circulation and check out a new pool concept. that's about it  Wink

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 10:26:09 PM

Hey gang, I got the invite to the open house Smiley I will be around

THX!
MMNC

PS: I am still mining Dnotes of course, However I decided to try Ihash Multipool (Arch coin) It had Dnotes as the main scrypt coin ( or I wouldn't have mined there )  Wink  with about 120 MH devoted to it. However my first 20 hours of mining resulted with all orphans. (Dnotes only) I notified support and they took it out of the rotation. Said they felt it had forked, but I informed them I had not seen anything unusual with Dnotes. This was all yesterday. As of today they still do not have Dnotes Sad

Perhaps a dev from here can look into it? maybe offer to see where they went wrong.

This was the main contact: https://archsupport.freshdesk.com/support/solutions

They were very quick to respond and also I was compensated for the lost Dnotes that orphaned.  Smiley

Thanks MinermanNC, I will offer any assistance. Network is strong, I don't see any reason to believe there is a problem in the network. There have been forks, but that was a long time ago.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 10:35:04 PM

Super! I just sent them an email about 30 minutes ago, basically asking them to resolve the issue as it was a main attraction for me as well as others Smiley

I will let you know what their response is when I know.

THX

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 10:46:43 PM

Super! I just sent them an email about 30 minutes ago, basically asking them to resolve the issue as it was a main attraction for me as well as others Smiley

THX

Thanks, MinermanNC. Your support is well appreciated.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 10:56:47 PM

this is going to be HUGE  Grin 3 days countdown ... tic tac tic tac

https://dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-retirement.php

dnotes pool runnig good again just now going to run miner
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 11:22:44 PM

THX

Just finished my ticket to them offering my assistance. We did have an issue a few days ago with hamster pool on ubuntu 14.04 (not the other versions which was weird), we were able to fix by updating the checkpoints with that specific block they were getting stuck on. So I did point advise they may want to make sure they have that update from the source code.

Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: