Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:18:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:48:10 PM

Here is a very interesting bill that was introduced in New Hampshire last month.

In January, New Hampshire State Rep. Eric Schleien (R) introduced HB 552, a bill that would implement a plan for the state to accept bitcoin as payment for taxes and fees by mid-2017. The bill was introduced with 7 bipartisan co-sponsors. Last week it made progress when the Ways and Means Committee announced it will hold a public hearing on this bill on Thursday, February 12.

There is also another bitcoin related bill in the NH legislature, HB 356, which would exempt “persons using private virtual currencies for Internet commerce from the licensing requirements for money transmitters.” HB 356 only has 3 Republican co-sponsors, and the committee of jurisdiction (House Commerce and Consumer Affairs Committee) has not made any plans to move this bill forward.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/billtext.aspx?billnumber=HB0552.html

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

“persons using private virtual currencies for Internet commerce from the licensing requirements for money transmitters.” This would be huge if most states would pass this as a law, even just granting a honey moon grace period of 10 years. Unless we as an industry can change the political climate, this may be somewhat wishful. Here is one I prefer to be wrong.

I've actually been talking about an unrelated matter with a Canadian political party, and the subject of cryptocurrency came up. They don`t know enough about it to take a stance, so I`m going to educate them. I`ll make sure to include some examples of favorable legistlation like this. With the Federal election date set for Oct. 19th/2015, cryptocurrency could in to play and be a game changing issue...

Digital currency will indeed be a game changer. I am becoming more convinced that the problem  our industry has for not doing as well as it should have is due to some very serious misunderstand on the concept of a decentralized peer to peer trustless system policed by miners without the control of any central authorities. This concept sound so cool. In fact, it is cool. Being able to transfer currency and asset of value, legal contracts and other instructions and messages between to parties with two cell phones or computers with internet connection anytime, anywhere worldwide is cool and potentially game changing.

The biggest mistake our industry has made is forgetting importance of the human side of the enterprise. Trust is central to the currency that is used as the vehicle of transport. The human side of the enterprise is the driver of the vehicle, and it is critical in completing and winning the race, or causing a wreck resulting in crush and burnt. Should we be so surprised? Perhaps we should not be. There are plenty of real world cases to study if we need.

No single person owns or controls a currency. Ownership and participation is at will, meaning that you may be a large DNotes stakeholder today, but you are at you own will to change your  ownership and dump everything any time you want. It is also true that if one of us tries to buy up all the DNotes to drive up the price, he will bankrupt himself and the value of the DNotes will be worth nothing; zero.

We have been well aware of the problems and challenges and decided to build a currency from ground up. For it to work we have to do all that we have done over the last 12 months and a lot more. DNotes will be one year old on Wednesday, Feb.18. We have a lot to be proud of but the hard work just started. There nothing wrong with Bitcoin as a technology. It has been misunderstood and abused. Let us do our part to help clear things up a little. It just needs a little more love, some due respect and a truck load of trust. I mean from the mainstream media and our political leaders representing all of us.

I will not be available until late this evening. See you later.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:54:13 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2015, 10:09:21 PM by Dyna

I'm new to this and have never posted on a forum in my life.  I just bought some DNotes today and signed up at DNotesVault.  Never in my life have I bought 10,000 anything for $100.  If I don't take a chance on this one, I'll kick myself all the way to the grave.  If it doesn't work out, what the heck, I'll spend another $20 on a bottle of wine and forget all about it in the morning.

Man, I like your attitude. I will bring a whole case and join you. Let's hope it will never come down to that.

Welcome to DNotes.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:10:42 PM

Here is a very interesting bill that was introduced in New Hampshire last month.

In January, New Hampshire State Rep. Eric Schleien (R) introduced HB 552, a bill that would implement a plan for the state to accept bitcoin as payment for taxes and fees by mid-2017. The bill was introduced with 7 bipartisan co-sponsors. Last week it made progress when the Ways and Means Committee announced it will hold a public hearing on this bill on Thursday, February 12.

There is also another bitcoin related bill in the NH legislature, HB 356, which would exempt “persons using private virtual currencies for Internet commerce from the licensing requirements for money transmitters.” HB 356 only has 3 Republican co-sponsors, and the committee of jurisdiction (House Commerce and Consumer Affairs Committee) has not made any plans to move this bill forward.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/billtext.aspx?billnumber=HB0552.html

“persons using private virtual currencies for Internet commerce from the licensing requirements for money transmitters.” This would be huge if most states would pass this as a law, even just granting a honey moon grace period of 10 years. Unless we as an industry can change the political climate, this may be somewhat wishful. Here is one I prefer to be wrong.

I've actually been talking about an unrelated matter with a Canadian political party, and the subject of cryptocurrency came up. They don`t know enough about it to take a stance, so I`m going to educate them. I`ll make sure to include some examples of favorable legistlation like this. With the Federal election date set for Oct. 19th/2015, cryptocurrency could in to play and be a game changing issue...

Digital currency will indeed be a game changer. I am becoming more convinced that the problem  our industry has for not doing as well as it should have is due to some very serious misunderstand on the concept of a decentralized peer to peer trustless system policed by miners without the control of any central authorities. This concept sound so cool. In fact, it is cool. Being able to transfer currency and asset of value, legal contracts and other instructions and messages between to parties with two cell phones or computers with internet connection anytime, anywhere worldwide is cool and potentially game changing.

The biggest mistake our industry has made is forgetting importance of the human side of the enterprise. Trust is central to the currency that is used as the vehicle of transport. The human side of the enterprise is the driver of the vehicle, and it is critical in completing and winning the race, or causing a wreck resulting in crush and burnt. Should we be so surprised? Perhaps we should not be. There are plenty of real world cases to study if we need.

No single person owns or controls a currency. Ownership and participation is at will, meaning that you may be a large DNotes stakeholder today, but you are at you own will to change your  ownership and dump everything any time you want. It is also true that if one of us tries to buy up all the DNotes to drive up the price, he will bankrupt himself and the value of the DNotes will be worth nothing; zero.

We have been well aware of the problems and challenges and decided to build a currency from ground up. For it to work we have to do all that we have done over the last 12 months and a lot more. DNotes will be one year old on Wednesday, Feb.18. We have a lot to be proud of but the hard work just started. There nothing wrong with Bitcoin as a technology. It has been misunderstood and abused. Let us do our part to help clear things up a little. It just needs a little more love, some due respect and a truck load of trust. I mean from the mainstream media and our political leaders representing all of us.

I continue to learn from the whole DNotes team every day. My views on cryptocurrency and many real world issues have shifted drastically since getting into the business in October 2013. You guys are in this for the right reasons, hopefully more cryptocurrency users start following the example set by DNotes.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 10:12:45 PM

I'm new to this and have never posted on a forum in my life.  I just bought some DNotes today and signed up at DNotesVault.  Never in my life have I bought 10,000 anything for $100.  If I don't take a chance on this one, I'll kick myself all the way to the grave.  If it doesn't work out, what the heck, I'll spend another $20 on a bottle of wine and forget all about it in the morning.

Man, I like your attitude. I will bring a whole case and join you. Let's hope it will never come down to that.

Welcome to DNotes.

Welcome MarriedWithChildren! Looks like you will fit right in here. If you need any help let us know.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 12:26:14 AM

Welcome to DNotes.

Hi MarriedWithChildren and welcome to DNotes.  I have a better idea.  I say this works out to be the best investment of the decade AND we get the case of wine!! Wink

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 12:50:50 AM

Dyna asked me to check on the forum and make sure everyone was behaving themselves! You guys are like the boring family that everyone always envies. No fighting, no bickering. Only constructive dialog, and problem solving. Easy money for me, keep up the good work!

Smokey
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 02:54:44 AM

CR.I.S.P. for Retirement landing page updated and open for comments and suggestions:
https://dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-retirement.php

Very nice. If I had a stamp, it would say "APPROVED"  And on the subject of having a bottle if it all doesn't work out, I'll see that bottle and raise you one if it does! I'm all in at this point...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 05:59:55 AM

DNotesVault links and resources page.

http://dnotesvault.com/resources.php

Suggestions?

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:05:25 AM

We are can use more creative contributions in coming up with positive Headlines for 700 word PR Campaign targeting Mainstream Media:

1. DNotes Digital Currency Reaches Out To Include Everyday People In The Rewards Of Early Technology Investment

2. Government Run Pension Plans Unsustainable As DNotes Continues To Assist People In Rebuilding With CR.I.S.P. For Retirement.

3. Bitcoin Alternative DNotes May Provide The Comfort Mainstream Media Needed, if one year of Consistent Stability with Solid Appreciation can Restore their Confidence.

4. Trust is Central to the Success of a Trustless Decentralized System. Bitcoin will succeed with a little more Love and a lot more Trust.

DNotes Digital Currency Edges Closer To Mass Adoption With Their CR.I.S.P. Programs

DNotes Stability Record Sets The Standard For Others To Follow

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:14:17 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2015, 06:33:59 AM by Chase

Suggestions?

I know it seems kind of unnecessary having DNotesVault.com listed under the "Sites" when you are already there, but it would be handy if someone wanted to copy everything there to send to someone or use in a post, etc.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 11:56:44 AM

wup some troubles in dnotespool?

We are investingating issues in the backend. Your shares and hashrate are safe and we will fix things ASAP.

Findblocks disabled, new blocks will currently not show up in the frontend
Blockupdate disabled, blocks and transactions confirmations are delayed
Payouts disabled, you will not receive any coins to your offline wallet for the time being

hope everything is ok soon.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 01:53:35 PM

Suggestions?

This forum

Main Website

Links to current and previous press releases

Links to articles relating to DNotes and chosen industry information

Other DNotes related social media

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 02:07:44 PM

We are can use more creative contributions in coming up with positive Headlines for 700 word PR Campaign targeting Mainstream Media:

1. DNotes Digital Currency Reaches Out To Include Everyday People In The Rewards Of Early Technology Investment

2. Government Run Pension Plans Unsustainable As DNotes Continues To Assist People In Rebuilding With CR.I.S.P. For Retirement.

3. Bitcoin Alternative DNotes May Provide The Comfort Mainstream Media Needed, if one year of Consistent Stability with Solid Appreciation can Restore their Confidence.

4. Trust is Central to the Success of a Trustless Decentralized System. Bitcoin will succeed with a little more Love and a lot more Trust.

DNotes Provides True Innovation in Digital Currency by Going Back to the Roots of Money Itself.

More than just another Digital Currency, DNotes Works for Your Future While Providing for the Present.

It's Time To Get Serious About Your Digital Portfolio. DNotes offers numerous options designed to help you transition to the future of Digital Currency.

DNotesVault
ik_do

Activity: 522

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:31:14 PM

I can't find the retirement tab on my dnotesvault account, has this actually launched yet?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:00:25 PM

Suggestions?

This forum

Main Website

Links to current and previous press releases

Links to articles relating to DNotes and chosen industry information

Other DNotes related social media

Should Add a link to CryptoMoms.

Just an idea right now, needs some serious thinking and willingness to commit quality limited time available. Pick one top article per week posted on this forum with great comments. Someone be responsible in transferring that article to a DNotesVault page with an Executive Summary. We need to be very selective with high quality work; maintaining balanced, fair and objective comments. We can start of with 10 somewhat dated articles. One of that comes to my mind is "Why Bitcoin Matters" by Marc Andreessen.

TeeGee and Marc may also do an Executive Summary on some of my Blog Posts as well as other favorites from this forum by others. I recall that TeeGee had made this suggestion earlier. We do have a lot of excellent work overshadowed rapidly by growing number of new pages.

The objective is to provide a single location with high quality contents about Digital Currency most helpful to serious readers and new investors.

Please let us know what you think.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:06:24 PM

I can't find the retirement tab on my dnotesvault account, has this actually launched yet?

You can check it out here:

https://dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-retirement.php

It is still work in progress and will be officially launched on Monday (one day ahead of schedule) with a press release followed by a second press release on Wed targeting worldwide readers and the "unbanked".
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:11:38 PM

5. DNotes Digital Currency Edges Closer To Mass Adoption With Their CR.I.S.P. Programs

6. DNotes Stability Record Sets The Standard For Others To Follow

7. DNotes Provides True Innovation in Digital Currency by Going Back to the Roots of Money Itself.

8. More than just another Digital Currency, DNotes Works for Your Future While Providing for the Present.

9. It's Time To Get Serious About Your Digital Portfolio. DNotes offers numerous options designed to help you transition to the future of Digital Currency.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 03:13:32 PM

wup some troubles in dnotespool?

We are investingating issues in the backend. Your shares and hashrate are safe and we will fix things ASAP.

Findblocks disabled, new blocks will currently not show up in the frontend
Blockupdate disabled, blocks and transactions confirmations are delayed
Payouts disabled, you will not receive any coins to your offline wallet for the time being

hope everything is ok soon.

Sent an email. I'm sure he will have it back up soon.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:52:48 PM

DNotes Open House February 17 & 18 - Drop in and say hi!

Come celebrate with us:

CR.I.S.P. For Retirement Launch - Feb 16

DNotes Birthday - Feb 18

One year record as the most stable currency!

This is our turn as a community to show our support for a well deserved coin and a well deserved team. Let’s keep this forum busy during the Open House and give CR.I.S.P. for Retirement a great head start.

If you know someone who hasn't posted yet, or only done so once, get in touch with them and ask them to drop in and say hello.

Message people from our forum that have been away.

In honor of CR.I.S.P. For Retirement, anyone who wishes to could post a retirement fact or story.  Limit of one fact or story per post, but as many posts as you want.

Share your retirement situation or Grandpa's "back in my day" stories.  Grin

Updated CR.I.S.P. for Retirement Launch Date to February 16th.

Countdown to launch... 3 days!!  Grin

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 03:55:20 PM

5. DNotes Digital Currency Edges Closer To Mass Adoption With Their CR.I.S.P. Programs

6. DNotes Stability Record Sets The Standard For Others To Follow

7. DNotes Provides True Innovation in Digital Currency by Going Back to the Roots of Money Itself.

8. More than just another Digital Currency, DNotes Works for Your Future While Providing for the Present.

9. It's Time To Get Serious About Your Digital Portfolio. DNotes offers numerous options designed to help you transition to the future of Digital Currency.

DNotes For Debt?  Is A Stable Digital Currency The Answer To Your Future Being Debt Free?

Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: