Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:38:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:29:33 PM

Just a little history.
An early research:

This has an influence on DNotes’ Road Map:

Is Bitcoin a Real Currency? An economic appraisal
David Yermack
NBER Working Paper No. 19747
Issued in December 2013
NBER Program(s):   LE   ME

A bona fide currency functions as a medium of exchange, a store of value, and a unit of account, but bitcoin largely fails to satisfy these criteria. Bitcoin has achieved only scant consumer transaction volume, with an average well below one daily transaction for the few merchants who accept it. Its volatility is greatly higher than the volatilities of widely used currencies, imposing large short-term risk upon users. Bitcoin's daily exchange rates exhibit virtually zero correlation with widely used currencies and with gold, making bitcoin useless for risk management and exceedingly difficult for its owners to hedge. Bitcoin prices of consumer goods require many decimal places with leading zeros, which is disconcerting to retail market participants. Bitcoin faces daily hacking and theft risks, lacks access to a banking system with deposit insurance, and it is not used to denominate consumer credit or loan contracts. Bitcoin appears to behave more like a speculative investment than a currency.
http://www.nber.org/papers/w19747

Comments from Dyna:
“A bona fide currency functions as a medium of exchange, a store of value, and a unit of account, but bitcoin largely fails to satisfy these criteria.”

Okay, so David Yermack, a professor of finance at the NYU Stern School of Business argued that Bitcoin failed to meet the bona fide currency functions as a unit of account, a store of value, and a medium of exchange and therefore it is not a currency but a speculative investment.

What if a Bitcoin Alternative DNotes can meet and exceed those “bona fide currency functions? Would that be the currency of the future then?

“……. Volatility …..   making bitcoin useless for risk management and exceedingly difficult for its owners to hedge.”   Not useless, but exceedingly costly to hedge, thereby wiping out all low cost transaction savings. I have made that point many times.

Clearly the challenges Bitcoin faces today are not new. The article above was published in December 2013.

DNotes is fortunate to know the problems confronting Bitcoin before we laid our first foundation block. Amazingly this was one of the earliest articles studied in my early research on Bitcoin before we started to map out the “Winning Strategies for DNotes” in January 2014. We decided to build a currency from ground up with trust and integrity so that it has the best chances to be the “Digital currency of the Future with Lasting Value” and launched it flawlessly on February 18, 2014. The rest is history.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:13:12 PM

Just a little history:
Quote from MinningHabit
March 2, 2014
Page: 39

An interesting prospective:

“For me, cryptos represent a way to maintain control amidst all of this pervasiveness. Don't get me wrong, our collective quality of life will improve immeasurably and in untold awesome ways. But all that progress will have a cost. And I think altcoins represent a significant piece of insurance against technological progress stifling our humanity. I don't want to be controlled, and I don't want financial companies, among others, to have the kind of power over me that they do now. For example, Visa is larger than Disney. Mastercard is larger than Boeing and McDonald's.

They are that big because of the centralized power of current wealth transfer paradigms. Decentralized, superrrrr-secure paradigms with broad support, like DNotes, are perfect cogs to be a part of running the ‘anti-machine’."
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:25:43 PM

Help us capture some memories from the Past.

In preparation for our open house next week we invite you to post your favorite tidbits from earlier posts, including your own. You may add your comments, if you wish. Let us make it a fun and memorable week. Try to make things short and sweet and avoid long re-quote, wasting too much space.  Thanks.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 01:51:54 PM

"At this point, is DNotes a currency? It is or it will be if that makes someone happier. Is a loaf of bread dough in the oven a loaf of bread? Well, what do you think?"

What do I think? Well, I think we, as an industry, need to stop trying to apply the old definitions and standards to our new entity. I think the time for "money", "commodities", etc is passing into the history books. I think there is a much bigger picture here that we could be painting. Why do we need to put crypto currency in one of the old boxes? So people will say "Oh, it's money..." or "Yes, it's like a stock..." or gold or whatever. Perhaps but, only to ease the transition.

It's like NONE of those, it's a new concept. Was the Internet a phone system, no, it was something totally new and radical and it became a great success because it was it's own entity despite it's faults and failures failures. I believe, in this case, re-inventing the wheel is fine if the new wheel doesn't resemble the old one.

What you said about being whatever makes people happy is very true, at this stage. It would be way to much to expect the general population to quickly accept a totally new concept in finance and store/transfer of value much past what we are already doing (which they don't understand anyway) but, look to the the more distant future, money needs to be totally redefined, a paradigm shift if you will, somewhere in the not too distant future. Right now, we are really not redefining the whole concept of value, just changing the medium and making the token much more powerful. But even so, I think we are just starting to realize the true potential of the revolution.

Now back to the real world...  Smiley 

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 01:57:57 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 03:09:29 PM by RJF

Just a little History:
Page 35
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.680

e: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - LAUNCHED!!! - Cryptocurrency of the Future
February 25, 2014, 03:02:49 AM      #686

DNotes will be one week old tomorrow (February 25, 2014). We are most appreciative of the tremendous support and confidence you have given us. This is just the first baby step. For DNotes to truly be the currency of the future, it must take a different path to create a new culture of equal opportunity, trust and fairness to all, irrespective of their capabilities and resources. Building a strong community with a very large number of stakeholders throughout the world in an environment sufficiently comfortable and favorable to assist and trade with one another, is one of many building blocks in our road map. This is not just another "marketing coin" as some have suggested.  However, our "Rule of Engagement" is "Do Not Engage". It is more productive for us stay focused in systematically executing our strategic plan to the benefits of all of our stake holders than to win over a few non-believers. For those who are interested in getting a better understanding of our business, follow our postings closely. We invite you to re-post them in part or in full as you feel appropriate.  The true value of DNotes is in the future. We are committed to working collectively with you to increase the asset value of DNotes for the long-term.

We will be launching a large scale promotion to get DNotes into the hands of many utilizing a single use faucet and incorporating a DNotes tip bot on Reddit, which will be announced as soon it is finalized and tested successfully.

This post is what convinced me to start mining and investing in DNotes. I wasn't even registered here, just reading random posts for coins I either had or was considering. The power of truth and hard work rules!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:49:27 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 03:02:26 PM by Chase

Just a little history.
Breaking News

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/02/26/sen-joe-manchin-calls-for-a-bitcoin-ban-as-regulators-seek-accelerated-push/

Feb 26 2014

Manchin Demands Federal Regulators Ban Bitcoin

Did the Senator know what he was talking about?

That was the Breaking News one week after DNotes was launched.  

“Wow! Good thing we did not spent a fortune developing the DNotes website". Dyna reacted with discouragement. He wondered if the good Senator even know what he was talking about.

A humorous rebuttal to this was posted on CryptoMoms.

Posted by: BitcoinBandit

Re: Bitcoin - Believe It Or Not!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 03:48:53 PM »

Believe it or not, in March 2014, a U.S. congressman asked for a ban on dollar bills.  Here's why...

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/03/05/congressman-asks-for-dollar-bill-ban

excerpts - "Rep. Jared Polis, D-Colo., asked federal regulators to ban dollar bills Wednesday, lampooning a similar request from Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., that the feds ban the digital currency Bitcoin."

"In a humorous rebuttal that nearly parrots Manchin, Polis wrote to the same regulators: “The clear use of dollar bills for transacting in illegal goods, anonymous transactions, tax fraud, and services or speculative gambling make me wary of their use. Before the United States gets too far behind the curve on this important topic, I urge the regulators to work together, act quickly, and prohibit this dangerous currency from harming hard-working Americans.”

“The very features of dollar bills, such as anonymous transactions, have created ubiquitous uses from drug purchases, to hit men, to prostitutes, as dollar bills are attractive to criminals who are able to disguise their actions from law enforcement..."

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:57:03 PM

"At this point, is DNotes a currency? It is or it will be if that makes someone happier. Is a loaf of bread dough in the oven a loaf of bread? Well, what do you think?"

What do I think? Well, I think we, as an industry, need to stop trying to apply the old definitions and standards to our new entity. I think the time for "money", "commodities", etc is passing into the history books. I think there is a much bigger picture here that we could be painting. Why do we need to put crypto currency in one of the old boxes? So people will say "Oh, it's money..." or "Yes, it's like a stock..." or gold or whatever. Perhaps but, only to ease the transition.

It's like NONE of those, it's a new concept. Was the Internet a phone system, no, it was something totally new and radical and it became a great success because it was it's own entity despite it's faults and failures failures. I believe, in this case, re-inventing the wheel is fine if the new wheel doesn't resemble the old one.

What you said about being whatever makes people happy is very true, at this stage. It would be way to much to expect the general population to quickly accept a totally new concept in finance and store/transfer of value much past what we are already doing (which they don't understand anyway) but, look to the the more distant future, money needs to be totally redefined, a paradigm shift if you will, somewhere in the not too distant future. Right now, we are really not redefining the whole concept of value, just changing the medium and making the token much more powerful. But even so, I think we are just starting to realize the true potential of the revolution.

Now back to the real world...  Smiley  

RJF, that is one way of looking at it. Unfortunately, our real world is very argumentative. If we can effectively close that argument and win it; that shall be our preference. The functions of money are very definable. These three functions are unit of account, store of value, and medium of exchange. (There is a fourth function: standard of deferred payment, not as widely used.)

DNotes is positioned to fulfill all the functions of money and more. It absolutely can be accomplished because that is what we have planned for right from the start. The potential rewards for accomplishing this objective is staggering and I am certain that we can make it happen.

DNotes, without a doubt has met the “unit of account” and “store of value” functions. It has deliberately postponed any direct attempts to be qualified as a “medium of exchange” for very strategic reasons. If we have not taken the “test” how can any reasonable people claim that we failed?  We may be still waiting to be qualified. Indeed, we are by choice and we are working very hard to pass that test with flying colors.

DNotes, CryptoMoms, DNotesVault and our family of  CRISPs. are the strategic vehicles that will lead us to the successful accomplishment of qualifying DNotes as a medium of exchange. This will be clearly established within 24 months. DNotes will be three years old then. That would be quite impressive. Let us meet that challenge head on. It is not necessary for us to redefine the functions of money. Instead, we will focus in creating and building a Digital Currency that is better than money. That is our commitment and source of inspiration. Let us stay the course.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:06:01 PM

Just a little history.
Breaking News

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/02/26/sen-joe-manchin-calls-for-a-bitcoin-ban-as-regulators-seek-accelerated-push/

Feb 26 2014

Manchin Demands Federal Regulators Ban Bitcoin

Did the Senator know what he was talking about?

That was the Breaking News one week after DNotes was launched.  

“Wow! Good thing we did not spent a fortune developing the DNotes website". Dyna reacted with discouragement. He wondered if the good Senator even know what he was talking about.

A humorous rebuttal to this was posted on CryptoMoms.

Posted by: BitcoinBandit

Re: Bitcoin - Believe It Or Not!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 03:48:53 PM »

Believe it or not, in March 2014, a U.S. congressman asked for a ban on dollar bills.  Here's why...

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/03/05/congressman-asks-for-dollar-bill-ban

excerpts - "Rep. Jared Polis, D-Colo., asked federal regulators to ban dollar bills Wednesday, lampooning a similar request from Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., that the feds ban the digital currency Bitcoin."

"In a humorous rebuttal that nearly parrots Manchin, Polis wrote to the same regulators: “The clear use of dollar bills for transacting in illegal goods, anonymous transactions, tax fraud, and services or speculative gambling make me wary of their use. Before the United States gets too far behind the curve on this important topic, I urge the regulators to work together, act quickly, and prohibit this dangerous currency from harming hard-working Americans.”

“The very features of dollar bills, such as anonymous transactions, have created ubiquitous uses from drug purchases, to hit men, to prostitutes, as dollar bills are attractive to criminals who are able to disguise their actions from law enforcement..."

That was indeed "A humorous rebuttal to this was posted on CryptoMoms". Now that you reminded me I remember that. Good recall, Chase. Thanks.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 03:18:23 PM

Now back to the real world...  Smiley  

RJF, that is one way of looking at it. Unfortunately, our real world is very argumentative. If we can effectively close that argument and win it; that shall be our preference. The functions of money are very definable. These three functions are unit of account, store of value, and medium of exchange. (There is a fourth function: standard of deferred payment, not as widely used.)

DNotes is positioned to fulfill all the functions of money and more. It absolutely can be accomplished because that is what we have planned for right from the start. The potential rewards for accomplishing this objective is staggering and I am certain that we can make it happen.

DNotes, without a doubt has met the “unit of account” and “store of value” functions. It has deliberately postponed any direct attempts to be qualified as a “medium of exchange” for very strategic reasons. If we have not taken the “test” how can any reasonable people claim that we failed?  We may be still waiting to be qualified. Indeed, we are by choice and we are working very hard to pass that test with flying colors.

DNotes, CryptoMoms, DNotesVault and our family of  CRISPs. are the strategic vehicles that will lead us to the successful accomplishment of qualifying DNotes as a medium of exchange. This will be clearly established within 24 months. DNotes will be three years old then. That would be quite impressive. Let us meet that challenge head on. It is not necessary for us to redefine the functions of money. Instead, we will focus in creating and building a Digital Currency that is better than money. That is our commitment and source of inspiration. Let us stay the course.

No problem with staying the course, been there, done that. And, I firmly believe your analysis is correct and you plan is solid. I do however, tend to think "out of the box" and enjoy putting forth ideas for others to chew on....  Makes the meal more interesting.

DNotesVault
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:23:14 PM

DNotes Open House February 17 & 18 - Drop in and say hi!

Come celebrate with us:

CR.I.S.P. For Retirement Launch - Feb 16

DNotes Birthday - Feb 18

One year record as the most stable currency!

This is our turn as a community to show our support for a well deserved coin and a well deserved team. Let’s keep this forum busy during the Open House and give CR.I.S.P. for Retirement a great head start.

If you know someone who hasn't posted yet, or only done so once, get in touch with them and ask them to drop in and say hello.

Message people from our forum that have been away.

In honor of CR.I.S.P. For Retirement, anyone who wishes to could post a retirement fact or story.  Limit of one fact or story per post, but as many posts as you want.

Share your retirement situation or Grandpa's "back in my day" stories.  Grin

CR.I.S.P. For Retirement launch tomorrow!

I sent out quite a few messages to those that haven't posted in a while and if I've missed anyone, I apologize.

Post from Dyna today- Help us capture some memories from the Past.

In preparation for our open house next week we invite you to post your favorite tidbits from earlier posts, including your own. You may add your comments, if you wish. Let us make it a fun and memorable week. Try to make things short and sweet and avoid long re-quote, wasting too much space.  Thanks.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:27:48 PM

Just a little History:
Page 35
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.680

e: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - LAUNCHED!!! - Cryptocurrency of the Future
February 25, 2014, 03:02:49 AM      #686

Speaking of history, my first post in the DNotes forum:

"

Just an idea since I had same issue and on windows 7 it fights you to get to that directory even with admin rights, I had to follow a Microsoft Tech bulletin on how to get rid of "Access denied" errors.
Can we move those files to the install directory of Dnotes to make repairs and backups easier for people since not everyone is able or willing to figure out how to get to protected areas of the harddrive on some operating systems:)

Thanks in advance.

You actually have two paths to those files. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes
Without actually looking it up, I believe certain systems block you from the C:\Documents and Settings\WINDOWSUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes directory.
But yeah, those issues should be easier for the average user to deal with, without digging into system folders.

Instead of changing the way Windows works (or doesn't) why not incorporate some simple maintenance buttons in the wallet? You could go to a maintenance page and click on "Rebuild Blocks", "Update Config", "Reload", stuff like that. I know a lot of this can be done with the command line but, lets face it, we are looking for new users who don't know what a command line is. Having a maintenance page in the Wallet itself with simple, non destructive, commands would make many folks feel more at ease...

RJF 

Agree!
and not just for windows users, but for all. I personally made the manual fixing procedure quite a few times with different wallets. DNotes could be the first wallet having the maintenance mode "reload blocks" feature.

"

Took that long for me to post something, amazing...

DNotesVault
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:35:57 PM

Today.
Quote from RJF:

No problem with staying the course, been there, done that. And, I firmly believe your analysis is correct and you plan is solid. I do however, tend to think "out of the box" and enjoy putting forth ideas for others to chew on....  Makes the meal more interesting.

Thinking "out of the box" is one of the secrets to DNotes success. That is what differentiates DNotes from others. It is great to ask "Why not" than responding with "me too" which happens too often. That is one of the reasons why 80% of businesses failed within the first two years. I suspect that the failure rate in our industry is likely to be much higher.

Things should not have been so complicated. Many of the confusion and complications are self-inflicted and sensationalized by the mainstream media. It will take some highly focused positive push back from our industry. Unfortunately, the available leadership from our industry to stage such a positive media campaign with supporting facts is lacking. No single individual or group seems to have sufficient self-interest to lead the charge. With limited resources, DNotes can only do so much and must take our time to do things right. We are in agreement. I am simply trying to expand on the importance of certain issues confronting our industry.

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 05:17:35 PM

Today.
Quote from RJF:

No problem with staying the course, been there, done that. And, I firmly believe your analysis is correct and you plan is solid. I do however, tend to think "out of the box" and enjoy putting forth ideas for others to chew on....  Makes the meal more interesting.

Thinking "out of the box" is one of the secrets to DNotes success. That is what differentiates DNotes from others. It is great to ask "Why not" than responding with "me too" which happens too often. That is one of the reasons why 80% of businesses failed within the first two years. I suspect that the failure rate in our industry is likely to be much higher.

Things should not have been so complicated. Many of the confusion and complications are self-inflicted and sensationalized by the mainstream media. It will take some highly focused positive push back from our industry. Unfortunately, the available leadership from our industry to stage such a positive media campaign with supporting facts is lacking. No single individual or group seems to have sufficient self-interest to lead the charge. With limited resources, DNotes can only do so much and must take our time to do things right. We are in agreement. I am simply trying to expand on the importance of certain issues confronting our industry.

Understood, and, you can always count on my support in that regard as well.

DNotesVault
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:49:58 PM

Interesting news about Coinbase:

"The AOL of Bitcoin Has Arrived: Coinbase Launches First True Global Bank"

"Coinbase just used its Bitcoin foundation to become the world’s first global bank. Let that sink in. Sure, there are international banks, but operationally these banks function more as group of allied national banks who share a brand. That is not the same thing as a global bank. A customer in Greece, for example, who opens an account with Coinbase, is now doing business directly with a U.S.-based “bank.”

Thanks to Coinbase’s $75 million funding round provided by the NYSE, large U.S. banks, a multinational telecom company and a roster of finance VIPs, you can now open an account in a country such as Poland or Greece, fund your account via bitcoin or wire, and hold your money in U.S. dollars in the comparatively stable U.S.A. Your money is now completely insulated from your local currency issues, but spends the same as euros in your local bank account. This is the best of both worlds: all the functionality of your existing bank (and more), without the associated risks and fees. In addition to the banking services, Coinbase has just created the easiest, cheapest, least corrupt and most secure way to buy dollars. I imagine we’ll see an increasing number of local currencies you can hold in your account, too."

Full article:  https://bitcoinmagazine.com/19296/aol-bitcoin-arrived-coinbase-launches-first-true-global-bank/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?? If Coinbase becomes a household name around the world and people learn that you can buy bitcoin there and turn it into DNotes... ??  What are the chances of Coinbase selling DNotes for USD?  Is this all wishful thinking?

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:40:58 PM

Interesting news about Coinbase:

"The AOL of Bitcoin Has Arrived: Coinbase Launches First True Global Bank"

"Coinbase just used its Bitcoin foundation to become the world’s first global bank. Let that sink in. Sure, there are international banks, but operationally these banks function more as group of allied national banks who share a brand. That is not the same thing as a global bank. A customer in Greece, for example, who opens an account with Coinbase, is now doing business directly with a U.S.-based “bank.”

Thanks to Coinbase’s $75 million funding round provided by the NYSE, large U.S. banks, a multinational telecom company and a roster of finance VIPs, you can now open an account in a country such as Poland or Greece, fund your account via bitcoin or wire, and hold your money in U.S. dollars in the comparatively stable U.S.A. Your money is now completely insulated from your local currency issues, but spends the same as euros in your local bank account. This is the best of both worlds: all the functionality of your existing bank (and more), without the associated risks and fees. In addition to the banking services, Coinbase has just created the easiest, cheapest, least corrupt and most secure way to buy dollars. I imagine we’ll see an increasing number of local currencies you can hold in your account, too."

Full article:  https://bitcoinmagazine.com/19296/aol-bitcoin-arrived-coinbase-launches-first-true-global-bank/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?? If Coinbase becomes a household name around the world and people learn that you can buy bitcoin there and turn it into DNotes... ??  What are the chances of Coinbase selling DNotes for USD?  Is this all wishful thinking?

Chase, the answer to your question is yes. That is a real possibility. If they don't, one of their closest competitors will. However, I do not expect this to happen any time soon. In another two to three years, DNotes will have many partnership options to choice from. Powerful strategic plans are best executed at the most opportune time in a systematic sequence. I am extremely confident that DNotes has a solid growth path going forward.

While the news article about Coinbase is interesting, there is nothing new about what they are doing. The key to success is a digital currency that is stable and accepted by the masses with significant advantages as a medium of exchange. It's a benefit to all of us if Bitcoin does well and I am confident that Bitcoin will do significantly better. For that reason DNotes should not attempt to decouple from Bitcoin too soon. Frankly, on the currency side, DNotes is a new and improved version of Bitcoin, hence a Bitcoin Alternative DNotes.

Having said that, it is important to recognize that Bitcoin has a structural weakness on the currency side and it could only have been corrected right from the beginning. That is where DNotes will trump. The longer DNotes has been around the more pronounced our position of strength will become. DNotes business model is extremely difficult to replicate, as CryptoBrooker pointed out once. That is one of the best observations on the uniqueness of DNotes. Selling DNotes short these days may not be good for one's financial health. But then, no investment is a sure thing that comes with guarantee. It is still a high risk speculative play.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 07:22:43 PM

DNotes Open House February 17 & 18 - Drop in and say hi!

Come celebrate with us:

CR.I.S.P. For Retirement Launch - Feb 16

DNotes Birthday - Feb 18

One year record as the most stable currency!

This is our turn as a community to show our support for a well deserved coin and a well deserved team. Let’s keep this forum busy during the Open House and give CR.I.S.P. for Retirement a great head start.

If you know someone who hasn't posted yet, or only done so once, get in touch with them and ask them to drop in and say hello.

Message people from our forum that have been away.

In honor of CR.I.S.P. For Retirement, anyone who wishes to could post a retirement fact or story.  Limit of one fact or story per post, but as many posts as you want.

Share your retirement situation or Grandpa's "back in my day" stories.  Grin

CR.I.S.P. For Retirement launch tomorrow!

I sent out quite a few messages to those that haven't posted in a while and if I've missed anyone, I apologize.

Post from Dyna today- Help us capture some memories from the Past.

Thank you Chase!!!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 07:53:59 PM

Bitcoin Alternative DNotes Digital Currency Retirement Savings Plans Provide 12% Annual Interest; Relief For Underfunded Retirement Accounts And The Unbanked Worldwide

DNotes is pleased to announce unprecedented Digital Currency Retirement Savings Plans to Provide Relief for Underfunded Retirement Accounts; offering up to 12% Yearly Interest Bonus and a 100% deposit guarantee.

Illinois, USA. DNotes, best known as a stable digital currency with a solid and consistent uptrend, announced an unprecedented new savings plan to provide relief for underfunded individual retirement accounts. According to DNotes Co-Founder Alan Yong, one million DNotes have been donated to CR.I.S.P. (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) for Retirement to encourage savers to supplement their underfunded individual retirement accounts. With any long term DNotes deposit commitment of 5, 10, 15, or 20 year duration, individuals will receive up to 12% yearly interest bonus on their deposit, as well as a 100% deposit guarantee.

Mr. Yong went on to explain that not everyone has the means or ability to save for retirement, resulting in many reaching retirement age with social security as their only source of income. Even for disciplined savers who can only save a small amount regularly, because of limited means, it can take decades to build a meaningful nest egg. This is compounded by the fact that nearly one in three Americans have withdrawn funds from their accounts before reaching retirement age.

Digital currencies such as DNotes and Bitcoin, are often characterized as disruptive technology with huge potential growth propelled by rapidly growing investment from venture capital and wealthy individuals. As a group, $314 million was invested in this space in 2014 and is likely to exceed $1 billion this year. Being still at an early stage, investment in digital currency has the potential to yield high returns, albeit at a high risk. It is, therefore, prudent to only allocate a small percentage of one’s total portfolio for high risk investment, especially in early stages digital currency.

DNotes is a Bitcoin alternative cryptographically created digital currency based on a novel decentralized peer to peer model, where trust is replaced by mathematical algorithms, eliminating the need of an intermediary such as a bank or an automatic clearing house.

Assets of value such as Bitcoin, DNotes, and other cryptocurrencies can be sent and received in minutes anytime, anywhere, worldwide without the oversight of any central authority. It takes as little as two simple cell phones, or computers with an internet connection to send and receive funds.

Unlike the costly credit and debit card payment network systems, where personal information is always at risk of being stolen with huge identity theft liabilities, DNotes transactions are only identified by a string of numbers, valuable for reference and tracking only. All transactions are posted in the blockchain public ledger and available for public inspection and verification. The complexities built in the hash functions make the successfully confirmed transactions impossible to reverse; thereby avoiding potential fraud and huge cost burdens to merchants who often have been exposed to such risk when accepting credit and debit card payments.

Bitcoin as a digital currency and the associated blockchain technologies are viewed by many highly regarded industry leaders, including Yong, as the greatest technology innovation since the Internet. Yong added that the distributed and consensus technologies coupled with the blockchain protocols have significant and positive world changing implications.

Mr. Yong went on to stress that,

“We never had and never will have a better opportunity to help the financially disadvantaged and the enormous population of the unbanked who have little means of rising from poverty.”

According to a 2012 World Bank published report there are over 2.5 billion people worldwide who are underserved or not served by banks and financial service companies. These groups, collectively known as the unbanked have limited opportunities to emerge from poverty. DNotes digital currency is the future of money with possible growth and appreciation potential for early adopters and long term investors.

Closer to home, the seriously under funded individual retirement savings are also troubling. RJF, Director of CR.I.S.P. for Retirement expressed his concern,

“In these uncertain financial times, it is becoming more and more difficult to maintain a retirement account that will actually see you through your golden years. We believe that the concept of using DNotes to augment your retirement savings is an important consideration.”

RJF went on to explain that CR.I.S.P. for Retirement is an unstructured and self-directed plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle to supplement retirement savings. Re-occurring savings, in any amount, may be added at any time. This savings plan can be started with any amount of DNotes by opening an account at DNotesVault with an expanded registration at CR.I.S.P. for Retirement opening page.

DNotesVault.com is a secure web wallet and a strategic vehicle of DNotes to become the digital currency of the future with lasting value. Its mission is to encourage and assist everyone, worldwide, to support and participate in the high potential returns of digital currency savings. The DNotes’ team has gone to great lengths to ensure that the user interface is simple to use and easy to understand. The technology and process control, while complex, make it so secure that a 100% guarantee matching fund, always in excess of the total amount in deposited, exists with the guaranteed fund being displayed with addresses and amounts verifiable on the blockchain.

CR.I.S.P. is the brain-child of Chase, a core team member of CryptoMoms; a community with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the cryptocurrency world currently dominated by men. CryptoMoms.com is a currency neutral site, offering rich content on everything about cryptocurrency. It has a very helpful community ready to answer any questions promptly. CryptoMoms was created by, and is fully funded by, the DNotes team.

As a stable digital currency with a solid track record of reliable appreciation, DNotes offers the potential of high returns on long-term investment. A large family of CR.I.S.Ps. is being offered in an effort to expand this investment opportunity beyond the early adopters of this emerging industry.

Co-founder, Alan Yong explained that for mass consumer and mass merchant participation to take place, there must be a stable trustworthy digital currency to deliver the true cost advantages of an alternative form of payment, beyond just the lower cost of transactions. In the case of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, high volatilities reduce all cost advantages with an added risk of currency loss if not converted to fiat currency immediately.

Mr. Yong, a well regarded pioneer and visionary in the early generations of portable computers and wireless communications, went on to say that,

“Until DNotes becomes a truly valuable digital currency in our space, many may not understand or appreciate the DNotes’ approach in building fundamental values”.

He is convinced that DNotesVault has a major strategic significance. Among various objectives, DNotesVault will be creatively utilized to build the next generation of DNotes stakeholders

DNotes, DNotesVault, and CryptoMoms are all strategically linked. It is a powerful package that will be used to grow DNotes stakeholders worldwide beyond the cryptocurrency industry.

For more information please visit: dnotesvault.com/crisp-for-retirement.php

Virtual currency is not legal tender, is not backed by the government, and accounts and value balances are not subject to FDIC and other consumer protections. This press release is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as investment advice.

Media contact:

Name: Alan Yong

Organization: DNotes

Email: Contact@DNotescoin.com

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 07:56:33 PM

The Bitcoin News
Posted on 15 February 2015. Tags: Bitcoin PR Buzz

Bitcoin Alternative DNotes Digital Currency Retirement Savings Plans Provide 12% Annual Interest; Relief For Underfunded Retirement Accounts And The Unbanked Worldwide

DNotes is pleased to announce unprecedented Digital Currency Retirement Savings Plans to Provide Relief for Underfunded Retirement Accounts; offering up to 12% Yearly Interest Bonus and a 100% deposit guarantee.

Illinois, USA. DNotes, best known as a stable digital currency with a solid and consistent uptrend, announced an unprecedented new savings plan to provide relief for underfunded individual retirement accounts. According to DNotes Co-Founder Alan Yong, one million DNotes have been donated to CR.I.S.P. (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) for Retirement to encourage savers to supplement their underfunded individual retirement accounts.

Read More:
http://thebitcoinnews.com/2015/02/15/bitcoin-alternative-dnotes-digital-currency-retirement-savings-plans-provide-12-annual-interest-relief-for-underfunded-retirement-accounts-and-the-unbanked-worldwide/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 08:09:05 PM

We opening up early access to the retirement tab in the DNotesVault. Once you login, you will be able to access the retirement dashboard.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 08:10:34 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RJF, Director of CRISP For Retirement.

Many thanks for a job well done. Check your piggy bank for a little gift from all of us.

"Closer to home, the seriously under funded individual retirement savings are also troubling. RJF, Director of CR.I.S.P. for Retirement expressed his concern,

“In these uncertain financial times, it is becoming more and more difficult to maintain a retirement account that will actually see you through your golden years. We believe that the concept of using DNotes to augment your retirement savings is an important consideration.”

RJF went on to explain that CR.I.S.P. for Retirement is an unstructured and self-directed plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle to supplement retirement savings. Re-occurring savings, in any amount, may be added at any time. This savings plan can be started with any amount of DNotes by opening an account at DNotesVault with an expanded registration at CR.I.S.P. for Retirement opening page."
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: