Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:41:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 10:32:45 PM

A c t u a l l y . . . it seems silly not to mention it: The first Dnotes trade was made on our in-house exchange on Saturday. Tee Gee is tracking this.

"2015-03-21   cragv   BTC   0.1   Y   IMZ   NOTE   2200   Y   Complete   Reserved for trade per Mar 17 discussion"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14hftnJ_crV9flLcUKaPqwEfTLKJme3R8jVeUJtudQSw/edit#gid=495759384

m

Hi, Mark. That is quite an impressive project. I wish I have more time to take a closer look. My work load has been growing by the day. With Spring just round the corner and some gardening to kick in as part of my daily exercise, finding extra time is quite a challenge. We appreciate your participation in this forum very much. Let me know if I can be of help in other ways. Thanks.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 10:48:39 PM

On that subject from Dyna,

At this stage it is not likely that Bitcoin can be repositioned to be a sufficiently stable currency.

I agree, BTC is all over the map. Whereas Dnotes has shown a much more stable floor in its short existence. Even now after the last price rise following the 1 year mark, it has yet shown again a new and higher stable floor. And I credit that to the investment strategy for Dnotes.

The biggest problem is now, as with all alt coins is they are dependent upon bitcoin for its final value. Dreaming here a bit, but what could take Dnotes to it own place or store of value" would be to have its own Dnotes Exchange, or even more so a coinbase.com type of US Dollar purchase/sell exchange. From there it could break the chains that bind it to BTC and truly have its own identity.

Would like to even see a dedicated multipool that pays out in Dnotes, similar to iHash.co, xpool.ca,  supernet and alike, Of course its debatable if it helps a coin to have a multipool go to market and covert the days mining into a specific coin for payout. In my mind that open for discussion.

DC  Smiley

We hear you, DC. It does get frustrating sometime for alt coins to be directly linked to the fortune or misfortune of Bitcoin at this time. I don't expect a viable near term solution. We just have to be practical and work hard towards the day when DNotes can stand alone by merits and perhaps an advantage for other currencies to be pegged to DNotes. That is a real possibility but it may be years away.

It is a reasonable statement that no other cryptocurrency is addressing the vital importance of currency stability, trust and integrity as seriously as DNotes. Perhaps we are the only community strongly committed to examine all the issues and focus on total solutions, instead of just pick and choose. Our approach is significantly harder and much more time consuming. Frankly that is what differentiates DNotes from others the most, in fairly significant ways.

DNotes is the only one I have come across to look at cryptocurrency as more than just a technology.

I would have to agree with the fact that DNotes is a lot more than just technology!!

As Dyna has often noted, being more than a technology and having had the foresight to create value propositions beyond just technology leads to a system approach where all functions that a business must eventually undertake have been thought of up-front. Strategic management requires a vision of the future and undertaking of activities "NOW" to materialize that future; not tomorrow or day after but today. A deliberate commitment today where the competition sits on the sidelines or vacillates increases the gap. This is imperceptible in the short run but over long term the gap manifests itself and increases at an alarming rate.

A deliberate design and strategic execution compresses the time it takes to get there. In lieu of such a vision, market forces and incremental trial and error and adoption might finally get you there but it will take time and effort orders of magnitue much larger than if you strategically set about to achieve that state. Hoping to achieve that state by just creating the technology is wishful thinking. Note that a system left unattended will grow in undesirable ways and then you become a slave to that system rather than being master of it.

Great comments, Keemo. Good strategic planning and flawless executions are significant competitive advantages. They create an unleveled playing field giving you an advantage over your competitor every time. Above all, it instills confidence and certainly making everything more predictable and under control. Such an environment is always more favorable and productive. The other end of the spectrum is dependent on hope and quite often far less productive, with high stress level and confusion.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 01:13:42 AM

“Rapid and significant technological changes could occur, resulting in new and innovative payment methods (including cryptocurrencies) and programs that could place us at a competitive disadvantage and that could reduce the use of MasterCard products.”

I certainly hope so!  Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 02:36:58 AM

All,

It is getting close to launch time for CRISP for Students. We are wrapping up the coding and functionality on my end while Alan and TeeGee are working hard on the write ups and press release. I thought it would be a good idea to bring TeeGee's past back up for further comments.

Here is a link to this post to review some of the comments and suggestions.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg10619728#msg10619728

CRISP for Students

Hello fellow DNotes community members! As you may be aware, the DNote's team plan on rolling out CRISP for students the week beginning march the 30th. I would like to ask the community for feedback and ideas about what you think would make a great program that provides incentives for young students to enter the cryptosphere, and save their DNotes with the goal that they will provide an escape from rising student loan debt. The first objective is to give interested students the ownership/user experience of DNotes without having to purchase them. The second objective is to provide a large variety of bounty offerings to students where they may participate in projects that will further the DNotes strategic vision (like marketing etc).

The original offering will be a registration page where Students can enter their email address, DNotes address, university, and courses of study with the option to leave personalised messages for the DNotes team. After the initial 200 accounts paying 500 DNotes are used up, separate universities and other groups will be provided with unique codes that they will be able to distribute to their attending members, who will then register with their individual details listed above to be gifted DNotes (100 initially), with each unique user being able to use the code once.

In this initial posting, I am interested in community ideas that meet the two primary objectives outlined above for:

1: Best way to mitigate cunning students from scamming the system by registering more than once with separate e-mails (let's be honest... who doesn't want more DNotes?  Grin).
2: Future ideas that could be improve or complement the student CRISP in future.
3: The most effective mediums to promote CRISP for students and its launch - Facebook groups, bitcointalk, twitter, student forums, infographics etc?
4: The best way to communicate value of cryptocurrency, and DNotes to students. For example: "Heard of Bitcoin...? yeah? Well, this coin is more stable and appropriate to be used as money, and one day in the future your 100 DNotes could be worth $x, if you look at the DNotes price chart, you will see there is every possibility that DNotes will be even better than Bitcoin over the long term!"
5: Any modifications I should make to this list for the community to consider? (1.30am so I might have missed something, but will edit and maybe re-post tomorrow after reading all of your replies!).

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 12:37:47 PM

Hey im back for the launch!! after a forced vacations. Lets see what Dyna and Tengee has prepared . and new great plan on vault !

Im out of btc filling Dnotes bag at 5100 resistance.

Good luck for all participants in Chase contest!  Wink
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:38:35 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 01:15:57 PM by Dyna

What do you all think? It seems like we can not get away from the shadow of Mt. Gox.

It would help if the mainstream media could focus on solution story line instead of dwelling on sensational headlines that have not reflected well on the industry. The technology side of Bitcoin, the Blockchain is a huge technology breakthrough no one as challenged. All reported weaknesses are the results from the human side of the enterprise and should be examined as such for viable solutions.

The technology is simply amazing. Some bad actors associated with our industry are a different story. But then there are many who are doing the right things and deserve some friendly media support. Appealing for regulatory oversight when the industry itself is in a state of confusion is a bad idea. Until there is clarity and firm conviction that we are in the mist of a historical technology revolution with the potential of massive job and wealth creation, we are at risk of being over regulated.

Can Bitcoin Still Recover in 2015?

NEWSBTC.com
By Gola YashuMar 24, 2015 5:00AM GMT

"For most industry analysts, the main challenge facing bitcoin these days is the ability of the community to police itself, as the lack of regulation from financial agencies doesn’t guarantee any fallbacks during theft or hacking incidents. Ever since the closure of Mt. Gox, traders have been uneasy about storing their bitcoin in online exchanges and have weighed on the cryptocurrency’s value.

Increased oversight in the bitcoin industry might be enough to restore the demand and security for thecryptocurrency, which might eventually shore up its value to its previous highs and beyond."

Read More:
http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/03/24/can-bitcoin-still-recover-2015/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:39:42 PM

Hey im back for the launch!! after a forced vacations. Lets see what Dyna and Tengee has prepared . and new great plan on vault !

Welcome back, infovortice2013. TeeGee has indeed been working hard to get CRISP For Students launched next week. The press release is at the final editing stage. TeeGee is also working with our Dev on the landing page. I believe that most of the coding and backend stuff are very close to being completed. Our Dev team has been working hard too to stay on schedule and deserves a big thank you!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 01:42:06 PM

Welcome back! Thank you for sending me those translations.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:32:45 PM

Yes, the progress on the CRISP is looking good! Should have the landing page ready in the next day, maybe two.

It seems to be a very busy time of year for many people here! I've fallen victim to a couple deadlines, so been a little quiet on here, but all shall be good within a couple days.

Please read over DNotes post again above, I think a google drive document will be great for this purpose again.

Feel free to edit this document with suggestions:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R7X0CSh-btLLJpR0JxINO_1j1Zzt9jt9ErNNA-IVNhw/edit?usp=sharing

I have copied the original list into there.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 03:07:21 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2015, 03:45:13 PM by Chase

Yes, the progress on the CRISP is looking good! Should have the landing page ready in the next day, maybe two.

It seems to be a very busy time of year for many people here! I've fallen victim to a couple deadlines, so been a little quiet on here, but all shall be good within a couple days.

Please read over DNotes post again above, I think a google drive document will be great for this purpose again.

Feel free to edit this document with suggestions:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R7X0CSh-btLLJpR0JxINO_1j1Zzt9jt9ErNNA-IVNhw/edit?usp=sharing

I have copied the original list into there.

I can imagine what a huge job the CRISP For Students is, so on behalf of my family who are all Dnotes holders, thank you!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 03:08:17 PM

The CRISP Word Contest   -    WINNERS!  

Thank you everyone for the awesome entries!!!        Smiley

CRISP Dictionary Definition

Cryptobroker79:  CRISP /krisp/

abbreviation
cryptocurrency investment savings plan

noun: CRISP, plural noun: CRISPS

1. -a DNotes global Initiative, designed to bring cryptocurrency to the everyday person.
   -a long term savings plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle.
   -an alternative to traditional investments, savings, and retirement plans.

verb:CRISP, past tense:CRISPed, present participle:CRISPing

1. set aside wealth for the future.  "I CRISP for my future"
2. previously set up a CRISP.  "sure glad I CRISPed, it's out performed all of my other investments"
3. using a cryptocurrency investment savings plan.  "I've been CRISPing for years now, and my finances have never looked better"

cojack:    Crisparian
[krisp-er-ēən]
noun
An experienced CRISP user.

#3 (Tie)
kanus1113:     CRISP (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) - A group of programs designed to aid individuals and groups save digital currency as a long term investment.
IMZ:     Phrasal verb: crisp up: 'to gleefully own large amounts of CRISP,' as in 'Wow! I'm CRISPed right up at this point!"

CRISP Customized

#1 - Customized for Organizations / Crisp Generator
BoscoBlue / RJF / DNotes (Joint Entry):      
Boscoe Blue - Organizations may benefit from using CRISP, where the organizer can customize and contribute to their own CRISP program. For example, employee matching programs.  
RJF - Perhaps, in the future, we could have a "CRISP Generator" where you just plug in the required amounts, fund name and purpose, pick from a list what you want to calculate, etc and submit it for review and possible posting if acceptable. Of course there would be rules and guidelines and the creation process would rely on drop down choices to keep things in line and formatted as DNotes wishes. People could apply for a CRISP Hosting account at the time.
DNotes - Agreed, that sounds like a good idea. An organization would apply for registration. Get their own landing page like ABCOrganization.DNotesVault.com, registrations through that landing page would be tied to that organizations account. As well as an organizational administration panel where they could approve registrations and add 'rules' for accounts tied to that organization, like fund matching or initial sign up bonus. What type of organizations might be interested in something like this?                                    
RJF - I would think the list is long and distinguished. Schools, volunteer Fire/Rescue/OEM, public service such as Rotary, Masons, Optimists, Scout Troops, Charities, etc.  Anybody that wants to offer an incentive for joining, serving or remaining a member.

#2 - CRISP for Families
RJF:  CRISP for Families! Either a CRISP for Families, or a pre-configured generator to create simple family CRISP Plans where Mom or Dad can "plug in" their configuration and comfort level, include their children, and end up with their own, family oriented, savings plan/account all rolled up in one CRISP customized for them.  

With growing distrust in banks and other financial entities and managers, people are starting to take their investments into their own hands, what better way to do this than a DNotes savings plan that you customize for your own needs and expectations? I can foresee a lot of activity with this and that is the main reason a self management system should be developed to take off DNotes developers. And, as always, the chance for much greater than traditional returns is always there.

I think this would be a template for all future CRISP plans if developed with flexibility in mind. Later on we can role crypto currency conversion into the system to allow for the deposit of other coins and their automatic conversion into DNotes being instantly added to your vault.

And keep in mind, unlike groups and businesses, families are free to open accounts as they wish without going through "due process" and loosing time and money waiting.

#3 - Lottery CRISP for Vacation
TeeGee:     How about a lottery CRISP for Vacation too? People enter by throwing in say 2000 DNotes, and the moment the vacation lottery fund reaches say $5000 USD, whether by price appreciation, or more DNotes triggering the 5k limit - contributors are given a chance to win based on their proportion of the vacation fund they put in. Could be an interesting 'third party' CRISP that a private individual could run as a sort of promotional lottery for DNotes or something.

CRISP Board Game

cojack - CRISP Watch Board Game

infovortice - CRISPers 4 Dnotes.

#3 (tie)
kanus1113:      CRISPopoly (lol)  Similar to monopoly, except the objective is... Once the 'exchange' runs out of DNotes, you win the game if you saved the most.  It's a work in progress lol, but you get the picture.

BoscoBlue:     Digital Life. A spin on the game of life that is all digital and allows opportunities to put money into CRISP accounts?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
infovortice2013
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 04:10:08 PM

Congrats 4 winners and thanks for Chase !  jijii ive won 2cond place with board games -- DbaKBD9pD771GP9hpVye8H4sptmzRer7TQ

Welcome back! Thank you for sending me those translations.

Thanks, good to colaborate with something. hope see soon good writed spanish web Smiley

Welcome back, infovortice2013. TeeGee has indeed been working hard to get CRISP For Students launched next week. The press release is at the final editing stage. TeeGee is also working with our Dev on the landing page. I believe that most of the coding and backend stuff are very close to being completed. Our Dev team has been working hard too to stay on schedule and deserves a big thank you!

i had write couple of entrys to googledoc hope was recorded, cant wait to see new stuff XD my student days never finish. Thanks !

i found this post     in services on forum

Native android app for your pool 100$ - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1000643.0

maybe can help to make good native android wallet too

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 04:22:59 PM

abbreviation

1. -a DNotes global Initiative, designed to bring cryptocurrency to the everyday person.

2. previously set up a CRISP.  "sure glad I CRISPed, it's out performed all of my other investments"
3. using a cryptocurrency investment savings plan.  "I've been CRISPing for years now, and my finances have never looked better"

[krisp-er-ēən]
noun

#3 (Tie)
kanus1113:     CRISP (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) - A group of programs designed to aid individuals and groups save digital currency as a long term investment.
IMZ:     Phrasal verb: crisp up: 'to gleefully own large amounts of CRISP,' as in 'Wow! I'm CRISPed right up at this point!"

CRISP Customized

Boscoe Blue - Organizations may benefit from using CRISP, where the organizer can customize and contribute to their own CRISP program. For example, employee matching programs.  
RJF - Perhaps, in the future, we could have a "CRISP Generator" where you just plug in the required amounts, fund name and purpose, pick from a list what you want to calculate, etc and submit it for review and possible posting if acceptable. Of course there would be rules and guidelines and the creation process would rely on drop down choices to keep things in line and formatted as DNotes wishes. People could apply for a CRISP Hosting account at the time.
DNotes - Agreed, that sounds like a good idea. An organization would apply for registration. Get their own landing page like ABCOrganization.DNotesVault.com, registrations through that landing page would be tied to that organizations account. As well as an organizational administration panel where they could approve registrations and add 'rules' for accounts tied to that organization, like fund matching or initial sign up bonus. What type of organizations might be interested in something like this?                                    
RJF - I would think the list is long and distinguished. Schools, volunteer Fire/Rescue/OEM, public service such as Rotary, Masons, Optimists, Scout Troops, Charities, etc.  Anybody that wants to offer an incentive for joining, serving or remaining a member.

#2 - CRISP for Families
RJF:  CRISP for Families! Either a CRISP for Families, or a pre-configured generator to create simple family CRISP Plans where Mom or Dad can "plug in" their configuration and comfort level, include their children, and end up with their own, family oriented, savings plan/account all rolled up in one CRISP customized for them.  

With growing distrust in banks and other financial entities and managers, people are starting to take their investments into their own hands, what better way to do this than a DNotes savings plan that you customize for your own needs and expectations? I can foresee a lot of activity with this and that is the main reason a self management system should be developed to take off DNotes developers. And, as always, the chance for much greater than traditional returns is always there.

I think this would be a template for all future CRISP plans if developed with flexibility in mind. Later on we can role crypto currency conversion into the system to allow for the deposit of other coins and their automatic conversion into DNotes being instantly added to your vault.

And keep in mind, unlike groups and businesses, families are free to open accounts as they wish without going through "due process" and loosing time and money waiting.

TeeGee:     How about a lottery CRISP for Vacation too? People enter by throwing in say 2000 DNotes, and the moment the vacation lottery fund reaches say $5000 USD, whether by price appreciation, or more DNotes triggering the 5k limit - contributors are given a chance to win based on their proportion of the vacation fund they put in. Could be an interesting 'third party' CRISP that a private individual could run as a sort of promotional lottery for DNotes or something.

CRISP Board Game

#3 (tie)
kanus1113:      CRISPopoly (lol)  Similar to monopoly, except the objective is... Once the 'exchange' runs out of DNotes, you win the game if you saved the most.  It's a work in progress lol, but you get the picture.

BoscoBlue:     Digital Life. A spin on the game of life that is all digital and allows opportunities to put money into CRISP accounts?

Congratulations to all of our WINNERS!! Since CRISP is now officially added to DNotes' Dictonary, we are all winners. Great job, Chase and thank you all.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 04:56:12 PM

abbreviation

[krisp-er-ēən]
noun

#3 (Tie)

CRISP Customized

#2 - CRISP for Families

CRISP Board Game

#3 (tie)

Congratulations to all of our WINNERS!! Since CRISP is now officially added to DNotes' Dictonary, we are all winners. Great job, Chase and thank you all.

Congratulations everyone who won. I will work out prizes once I talk to Chase.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 05:04:58 PM

Congrats 4 winners and thanks for Chase !  jijii ive won 2cond place with board games -- DbaKBD9pD771GP9hpVye8H4sptmzRer7TQ

Congrats! 2,000 Sent Wink

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 05:05:53 PM

The other winners can post their address, I will also send out PM's.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 07:31:08 PM

Just need cojack's and IMZ's addresses, everyone else is taken care of. Thanks again all!

infovortice2013
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 10:57:50 PM

Congrats! 2,000 Sent Wink

thanks!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 02:45:47 AM

Just need cojack's and IMZ's addresses, everyone else is taken care of. Thanks again all!

All should be taken care of now. If I missed anyone just shoot me a message.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 02:46:24 AM

No problem infovortice2013. You deserve it, and much more!

Pages: « 1 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: