Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 07:40:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 08:26:27 PM

I posted this on the CryptoMoms forum:

I can't believe how fast the past year has gone.  I was thinking about how much we have accomplished in that time when it dawned on me that the first CRISP was started at CryptoMoms in July 2014.  In exactly two weeks (July 26th) CRISP For Kids turns one!!

(http://cryptomoms.com/forum/cryptomoms-com/5/kids-with-a-cr-i-s-p/530/)

Smiley Grin Smiley Grin Smiley

Wow, it seems like it wasn't that long ago.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 08:26:43 PM

I know some of you liked Mochilles logo's, once I get the source files I will tweak them and provide screen shots for everyone to decide.
I'm out of town right now, but will provide these in the next coupla days Smiley

Thanks Mochilles!

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:37:52 PM

From CryptoMoms' Forum:

Quote from: DNotes on Today at 07:32:14 AM

DCEBrief.com is up for feedback on the design.

It will prompt you for a login, enter daylily for the username and daylily for the password (it will prompt you to login twice).

Nothing is finalized, please feel free to comment on any aspect of the site. Whether you love it, hate it, or its just ok, I want to hear your comments.

Also, the content was just thrown in. The executive briefs were quickly written for demonstration purposes.

The executive brief for each story will be on the homepage, or category specific page (Business, Finance, Technology, Regulation, DNotes). So if you only wish to read the executive briefs, you wont have to click any further. If you wish to read more, you can click into the story, at the top you will be provided with the executive brief, and below will be the full story. Do you feel this is the best solution?

Also, the categorization of content may be a little tricky. I'm guessing we don't want to say "politicians click here" or "investors click here", to direct them the appropriate content. Is categorizing them as Business, Finance, Technology, Regulation, DNotes, the best solution?

The logo up there doesn't look bad, but it is essentially just a placeholder. I know some of you liked Mochilles logo's, once I get the source files I will tweak them and provide screen shots for everyone to decide.

Quote from: Chase on Today at 06:23:39 PM

The site looks great!

I agree with clicking more for the whole story, the categories, and using our 'in-house designer' Mochilles' logo.   Smiley

You may want to change the "About Alan Yong" where it says that DNotes is the most stable currency before we get called out on it by someone from Wall Street.  Perhaps something like "DNotes has demonstrated the most consistent growth when compared to it's competitors".

I love the rolling quotes! 

I was really impressed with what the Canadian Senate has done regarding regulation and maybe a few of their regulations as quotes would be appropriate.  For example:

“Digital Currency: You Can’t Flip This Coin! Report of the Standing Senate Committee on Banking, Trade and Commerce.”
Recommendation 1 (page 13)
The federal government, in considering any legislation, regulation and policies, create an environment that fosters innovation for digital currencies and their associated technologies. As such, the government should exercise a regulatory “light touch” that minimizes actions that might stifle the development of these new technologies.

Recommendation 2 (page 14)
The federal government consider the use of blockchain technology when advantageous to deliver government services and to enhance the security of private information.

Recommendation 4 (page 15)
The federal government, on an active and ongoing basis, work with other countries to formulate global guidelines for digital currencies while respecting the “light touch” premise outlined in Recommendation 1 above.

This was posted on our forum (Bitcointalk) June 20th and is also a good one:

“We believe that the best strategy for dealing with crypto-currencies is to monitor the situation as the technology evolves; that Canada Revenue Agency and Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC) must prepare to navigate and use block chain technology; that this technology offers new ways to protect the personal information of Canadians; and, finally, that this technology requires a light regulatory touch – almost a hands off approach. In other words, not necessarily regulation, but regulation as necessary.

From Shepherd today:

Chase, great observations and recommendations. Please take good notes so that we won't forget some of the most important points. We will make this a great site. We may want to offer a huge competitive challenge to member of the press with DNotes as prizes if we publish their articles on subject of our selection. Every article must have an "Executive Summary" We will define the format. Every "qualified" writer who submitted an article based on our approved subject and format will receive 5,000 DNotes. I know that you are excellent on this kind of project. Please help us give it more thought. I have been quite overwhelmed, to put it mildly. I have been building very good network with great contacts around the world. It is demanding to communicate with so many people, including some fairly high level people.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:55:15 PM

That is excellent. It would be nice if US Senate would do the same.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114603/canada-rules-in-favor-of-an-almost-hands-off-approach-to-bitcoin
2015-06-19 09:13 AM
 Author Evander Smart

Canadian Senate Rules in Favor of ‘An Almost Hands-Off Approach’ to Bitcoin

The Canadian Senate has decided to protect Bitcoin from massive government regulation opting to approach the new technology with “a light regulatory touch – almost a hands-off approach.”

After many months of thoughtful deliberations, the legislative body released the official Canadian Senate report titled “Digital Currency: You Can’t Flip This Coin! Report of the Standing Senate Committee on Banking, Trade and Commerce.”

The Canadian Senate has spent the better part of the last year reviewing the role of digital currencies will have on the future of economics in the nation including counsel with established Bitcoin expert and advocate Andreas Antonopoulos.

Learning how the currency and underlying technology currently works, what they may be able to provide in the future, the risks for crime, terrorism and fraud, plus the protection of citizens from “cybercrimes” were also weighed heavily in this decision.

Their report's opening assessment of Bitcoin is as follows:

“Block chain technology offers a secure alternative to consumers who do not wish to see their personal information fall prey to the Internet. It offers the ability to transact on the Internet without sharing their personal information with third parties whose databases make juicy targets for hackers. Instead, block chain technology gives consumers the power to provide their own hack-proof online security.”

This victory for Bitcoin comes after issues in Russia with the banning of Bitcoin information websites and Australia levying onerous tax regulations upon cryptocurrency filling the headlines.

Australia has also taken counsel with Andreas Antonopoulos to learn more and hear a proponent’s view of what Bitcoin can do for a domestic and global economy. Antonopoulos explained to the Canadian Senate last October:

“Bitcoin does not force users to surrender their identity with every transaction and put their trust in a chain of supposedly vetted intermediaries who must be trusted to control access to, securely store, and protect transaction data […] because in Bitcoin trust is not vested in central actors, there is no need for centralized regulation and oversight.”

Canada has seen a high amount of Bitcoin interest and business growth over the last two years, including the opening of a Bitcoin Embassy in Montreal. It also hosts almost 70 Bitcoin ATMs around the country, the highest number in the world for any country after the United States, which has 133.

"The conclusions of the Senate Banking Report on digital currencies are extremely positive for all Canadians," said Anthony Di Iorio, President of Decentral Consulting Services and Ethereum Co-Founder, to CoinTelegraph. "Recommendations from the committee that the government explore the vast potential bitcoin and blockchain technology while cautioning against regulations that might hinder its growth and potential have the great opportunity to solidify Canada as a leader in the digital currency and cryptocurrency space."

With Canada’s Senate taking a very pro-Bitcoin stance, this may foster business creation and adoption of the currency and blockchain technology in Canada going forward. The Canadian Senate report concluded with these words in regards to their official stance on digital currency (Bitcoin):

“We believe that the best strategy for dealing with crypto-currencies is to monitor the situation as the technology evolves; that Canada Revenue Agency and Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC) must prepare to navigate and use block chain technology; that this technology offers new ways to protect the personal information of Canadians; and, finally, that this technology requires a light regulatory touch – almost a hands off approach. In other words, not necessarily regulation, but regulation as necessary.”

This was the original posting of the article on the Canadian Senate Banking Report on digital currencies.  All of the quotes in my last post were from here as well so the author would be the Canadian Senate and/or Canadian Senate report titled “Digital Currency: You Can’t Flip This Coin! Report of the Standing Senate Committee on Banking, Trade and Commerce.”

There is a lot of quoteable material in here!!  Do you want more, or is that enough Canada for one day? LOL

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 11:09:12 PM

From CryptoMoms' Forum:

It will prompt you for a login, enter daylily for the username and daylily for the password (it will prompt you to login twice).

Nothing is finalized, please feel free to comment on any aspect of the site. Whether you love it, hate it, or its just ok, I want to hear your comments.

Also, the content was just thrown in. The executive briefs were quickly written for demonstration purposes.

The executive brief for each story will be on the homepage, or category specific page (Business, Finance, Technology, Regulation, DNotes). So if you only wish to read the executive briefs, you wont have to click any further. If you wish to read more, you can click into the story, at the top you will be provided with the executive brief, and below will be the full story. Do you feel this is the best solution?

Also, the categorization of content may be a little tricky. I'm guessing we don't want to say "politicians click here" or "investors click here", to direct them the appropriate content. Is categorizing them as Business, Finance, Technology, Regulation, DNotes, the best solution?

The logo up there doesn't look bad, but it is essentially just a placeholder. I know some of you liked Mochilles logo's, once I get the source files I will tweak them and provide screen shots for everyone to decide.

The site looks great!

I agree with clicking more for the whole story, the categories, and using our 'in-house designer' Mochilles' logo.   Smiley

You may want to change the "About Alan Yong" where it says that DNotes is the most stable currency before we get called out on it by someone from Wall Street.  Perhaps something like "DNotes has demonstrated the most consistent growth when compared to it's competitors".

I was really impressed with what the Canadian Senate has done regarding regulation and maybe a few of their regulations as quotes would be appropriate.  For example:

“Digital Currency: You Can’t Flip This Coin! Report of the Standing Senate Committee on Banking, Trade and Commerce.”
The federal government, in considering any legislation, regulation and policies, create an environment that fosters innovation for digital currencies and their associated technologies. As such, the government should exercise a regulatory “light touch” that minimizes actions that might stifle the development of these new technologies.

The federal government consider the use of blockchain technology when advantageous to deliver government services and to enhance the security of private information.

The federal government, on an active and ongoing basis, work with other countries to formulate global guidelines for digital currencies while respecting the “light touch” premise outlined in Recommendation 1 above.

“We believe that the best strategy for dealing with crypto-currencies is to monitor the situation as the technology evolves; that Canada Revenue Agency and Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC) must prepare to navigate and use block chain technology; that this technology offers new ways to protect the personal information of Canadians; and, finally, that this technology requires a light regulatory touch – almost a hands off approach. In other words, not necessarily regulation, but regulation as necessary.

From Shepherd today:

Chase, great observations and recommendations. Please take good notes so that we won't forget some of the most important points. We will make this a great site. We may want to offer a huge competitive challenge to member of the press with DNotes as prizes if we publish their articles on subject of our selection. Every article must have an "Executive Summary" We will define the format. Every "qualified" writer who submitted an article based on our approved subject and format will receive 5,000 DNotes. I know that you are excellent on this kind of project. Please help us give it more thought. I have been quite overwhelmed, to put it mildly. I have been building very good network with great contacts around the world. It is demanding to communicate with so many people, including some fairly high level people.

Thanks Alan.  The press challenge is an excellent idea.  How often will there be new material published on the site?  I have an idea for a little more incentive for the press.  How about the equivalent of the "Pulitzer Prize" for digital currency journalism? It could be called something like the Digital Currency Executive Award for Excellence in Journalism.  There could be monthly winners as well as yearly 'grand prize' winners.  There could be a spot on the site (hall of fame style, but better name) that list all the winners.  It may help the journalists stick to the facts and eliminate any sensationalism.

I'll keep thinking...

Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 11:18:11 PM

That is excellent. It would be nice if US Senate would do the same.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114603/canada-rules-in-favor-of-an-almost-hands-off-approach-to-bitcoin
2015-06-19 09:13 AM
 Author Evander Smart

Canadian Senate Rules in Favor of ‘An Almost Hands-Off Approach’ to Bitcoin

The Canadian Senate has decided to protect Bitcoin from massive government regulation opting to approach the new technology with “a light regulatory touch – almost a hands-off approach.”

After many months of thoughtful deliberations, the legislative body released the official Canadian Senate report titled “Digital Currency: You Can’t Flip This Coin! Report of the Standing Senate Committee on Banking, Trade and Commerce.”

The Canadian Senate has spent the better part of the last year reviewing the role of digital currencies will have on the future of economics in the nation including counsel with established Bitcoin expert and advocate Andreas Antonopoulos.

Learning how the currency and underlying technology currently works, what they may be able to provide in the future, the risks for crime, terrorism and fraud, plus the protection of citizens from “cybercrimes” were also weighed heavily in this decision.

Their report's opening assessment of Bitcoin is as follows:

“Block chain technology offers a secure alternative to consumers who do not wish to see their personal information fall prey to the Internet. It offers the ability to transact on the Internet without sharing their personal information with third parties whose databases make juicy targets for hackers. Instead, block chain technology gives consumers the power to provide their own hack-proof online security.”

This victory for Bitcoin comes after issues in Russia with the banning of Bitcoin information websites and Australia levying onerous tax regulations upon cryptocurrency filling the headlines.

Australia has also taken counsel with Andreas Antonopoulos to learn more and hear a proponent’s view of what Bitcoin can do for a domestic and global economy. Antonopoulos explained to the Canadian Senate last October:

“Bitcoin does not force users to surrender their identity with every transaction and put their trust in a chain of supposedly vetted intermediaries who must be trusted to control access to, securely store, and protect transaction data […] because in Bitcoin trust is not vested in central actors, there is no need for centralized regulation and oversight.”

Canada has seen a high amount of Bitcoin interest and business growth over the last two years, including the opening of a Bitcoin Embassy in Montreal. It also hosts almost 70 Bitcoin ATMs around the country, the highest number in the world for any country after the United States, which has 133.

"The conclusions of the Senate Banking Report on digital currencies are extremely positive for all Canadians," said Anthony Di Iorio, President of Decentral Consulting Services and Ethereum Co-Founder, to CoinTelegraph. "Recommendations from the committee that the government explore the vast potential bitcoin and blockchain technology while cautioning against regulations that might hinder its growth and potential have the great opportunity to solidify Canada as a leader in the digital currency and cryptocurrency space."

With Canada’s Senate taking a very pro-Bitcoin stance, this may foster business creation and adoption of the currency and blockchain technology in Canada going forward. The Canadian Senate report concluded with these words in regards to their official stance on digital currency (Bitcoin):

“We believe that the best strategy for dealing with crypto-currencies is to monitor the situation as the technology evolves; that Canada Revenue Agency and Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC) must prepare to navigate and use block chain technology; that this technology offers new ways to protect the personal information of Canadians; and, finally, that this technology requires a light regulatory touch – almost a hands off approach. In other words, not necessarily regulation, but regulation as necessary.”

This was the original posting of the article on the Canadian Senate Banking Report on digital currencies.  All of the quotes in my last post were from here as well so the author would be the Canadian Senate and/or Canadian Senate report titled “Digital Currency: You Can’t Flip This Coin! Report of the Standing Senate Committee on Banking, Trade and Commerce.”

There is a lot of quoteable material in here!!  Do you want more, or is that enough Canada for one day? LOL

That should be good Chase, we have more quotes than I expected. Thank you very much!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 11:23:29 PM

From CryptoMoms' Forum:

The site looks great!

From Shepherd today:

Thanks Alan.  The press challenge is an excellent idea.  How often will there be new material published on the site?  I have an idea for a little more incentive for the press.  How about the equivalent of the "Pulitzer Prize" for digital currency journalism? It could be called something like the Digital Currency Executive Award for Excellence in Journalism.  There could be monthly winners as well as yearly 'grand prize' winners.  There could be a spot on the site (hall of fame style, but better name) that list all the winners.  It may help the journalists stick to the facts and eliminate any sensationalism.

I'll keep thinking...

Smiley

I love the idea of a reward structure for journalists to submit content. I would like to see a reward given to all submitted stories, even if they are not selected, but provided quality content (well written, good grammar and structure, not copied or re-written material and passes copyscape).

I would like to say daily material, just maybe not at first or until we get established.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 11:41:09 PM

I haven't compiled a list as of yet, for all the good ideas, but I wanted to write ideas of my own down for DCEBrief before I forget.

-Mobile App to receive new stories on your phone. (Maybe cojack can help?)
-Newsletter for new stories posted.
-Widget for important/sticky stories.
-Social media integration to make it easy to like/share.
-Section for submitting news or tips.

-Tip the author for authors?
-Author revshare?
-Do we want a category specifically for bitcoin?

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:05:43 AM

From CryptoMoms' Forum:

The site looks great!

I agree with clicking more for the whole story, the categories, and using our 'in-house designer' Mochilles' logo.   Smiley

You may want to change the "About Alan Yong" where it says that DNotes is the most stable currency before we get called out on it by someone from Wall Street.  Perhaps something like "DNotes has demonstrated the most consistent growth when compared to it's competitors".

I was really impressed with what the Canadian Senate has done regarding regulation and maybe a few of their regulations as quotes would be appropriate.  For example:

From Shepherd today:

Thanks Alan.  The press challenge is an excellent idea.  How often will there be new material published on the site?  I have an idea for a little more incentive for the press.  How about the equivalent of the "Pulitzer Prize" for digital currency journalism? It could be called something like the Digital Currency Executive Award for Excellence in Journalism.  There could be monthly winners as well as yearly 'grand prize' winners.  There could be a spot on the site (hall of fame style, but better name) that list all the winners.  It may help the journalists stick to the facts and eliminate any sensationalism.

I'll keep thinking...

Smiley

I love the idea of a reward structure for journalists to submit content. I would like to see a reward given to all submitted stories, even if they are not selected, but provided quality content (well written, good grammar and structure, not copied or re-written material and passes copyscape).

I would like to say daily material, just maybe not at first or until we get established.

"How often will there be new material published on the site?" We may not want to disclose our target. However, once the site get established, we expect a pipe line of articles waiting to be published.

I love your idea of "Executive Award for Excellence in Journalism" and "hall of fame style" Not sure about the monthly winners, though. This could turn out to be a very popular site. We will take our time to develop it and make sure that we have very high quality contents. We will be very selective.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:16:36 AM

Congratulations, Michael. I am one of your fans. Consistently great reporting.

Former WSJ Reporter to Advise MIT Media Lab on Bitcoin

Yessi Bello Perez (@yessi_kbello) | Published on July 9, 2015 at 13:22 BST

Former Wall Street Journal reporter Michael Casey has been appointed senior advisor of MIT Media Lab's Digital Currency Initiative to help raise bitcoin awareness.

The journalist, known for his work with Paul Vigna on The Age of Cryptocurrency and their regular WSJ column BitBeat – which covered developments in the crypto space – will take up his post at the beginning of September.

After 23 years in journalism, Casey's change of career is largely due to the transformative potential of digital currencies, he said in a statement.

"Leaving the Wall Street Journal after 18 years is not a decision I took lightly. What it does reflect is my belief that digital currency is on the cusp of becoming a major transformative force in society."

In his role as senior advisor, Casey will work with both students and professors on social impact projects, focusing on raising the profile of digital currencies.

MIT Media Lab's Digital Currency Initiative was launched in April and is headed by Brian Forde, a former White House senior advisor.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/former-wsj-reporter-to-advise-mit-media-lab-on-bitcoin/
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:40:15 AM

Just wanted to quickly stop by!

Great looking site! I'd love to contribute content when possible whenever I think I've got something worthwhile that I think is sound in reasoning, or educational enough to put forward. I really want to write a sort of... opinion piece about my reasons for believing a stable economy is not only improbably, but impossible with fiat currency, with an added positive bent for why digital currency is the solution. I will have a look around for some quotes I really like too, it's hard to remember them all!

I had a productive meeting with couple of guys in regards to filming some DNotes education video's just before. Lovely chaps. I made the decision to first release a "CRISP for Students" video, for the reason that I believe it is better to get some community feedback on the first video for style, delivery etc before getting onto the other CRISP's that cater to much larger audiences like: "What is DNotes, and how is it different to Bitcoin?" / "CRISP for Retirement". I really liked how Linus and Jeff's vision for how it could look, and they seemed very impressed with DNotes. I've put them onto CRISP for Students of course!

I'm also interested in the community view for delivery of content for different CRISP demographics.

- Should delivery and video feel change according to target demographic? so, say I dress more casually, and have an overall more casual vibe for the student video, rather than wear a nice shirt like I will with the other videos? (students of course, do not wear shirts!)
- For the student video, do you think it's better that I get a close friend to interview me, helping to give the video a more 'natural / friendly / casual' feel because we already know one another?
- Any particular shots of activities to be overlaid into the video? We have plans to spend a day filming about Wellington, NZ (where I live), students doing activities and walking about, people buying things with cards to be played with the voice-over from the interview.
- Video length to be kept an "executive" length - 2-3 minutes.

At the end of the day, these videos will represent a brand, and I think it's important to get second opinion because who knows the brand better than all of those here!? Myself, I lean towards structuring each video's delivery giving respect to its intended audience. I have a really positive feeling about how these are going to turn out from my meeting today.

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:09:26 AM

3 minutes ago, on Guardian's Eurozone Live Blog: third bailout for Greece.

cojack

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 07:22:13 AM

I haven't compiled a list as of yet, for all the good ideas, but I wanted to write ideas of my own down for DCEBrief before I forget.

-Author revshare?

I would be interested in helping out on the app. What kind of features would you want?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 02:43:36 PM

-Author revshare?

I would be interested in helping out on the app. What kind of features would you want?

Thanks cojack, the immediate thought is just to notify the user when new content is published on the site. When they click the notification it launches the website.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 02:55:02 PM

Sounds like more debt and tougher conditions. It is a very unfortunate situation.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:55:57 PM

As an update, there is now a deal to work out a formal agreement.  Let me guess. At best, the final agreement will include many bad options, considered the least worse options from a bucket full of horrible options. Without a viable business solution this will sink Greece’s economy into a depression very quickly. It will not remain as a Greece problem but will evolve to become an expensive international problem.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 03:16:38 PM

Great looking site! I'd love to contribute content when possible whenever I think I've got something worthwhile that I think is sound in reasoning, or educational enough to put forward. I really want to write a sort of... opinion piece about my reasons for believing a stable economy is not only improbably, but impossible with fiat currency, with an added positive bent for why digital currency is the solution. I will have a look around for some quotes I really like too, it's hard to remember them all!

I had a productive meeting with couple of guys in regards to filming some DNotes education video's just before. Lovely chaps. I made the decision to first release a "CRISP for Students" video, for the reason that I believe it is better to get some community feedback on the first video for style, delivery etc before getting onto the other CRISP's that cater to much larger audiences like: "What is DNotes, and how is it different to Bitcoin?" / "CRISP for Retirement". I really liked how Linus and Jeff's vision for how it could look, and they seemed very impressed with DNotes. I've put them onto CRISP for Students of course!

I'm also interested in the community view for delivery of content for different CRISP demographics.

- Should delivery and video feel change according to target demographic? so, say I dress more casually, and have an overall more casual vibe for the student video, rather than wear a nice shirt like I will with the other videos? (students of course, do not wear shirts!)
- For the student video, do you think it's better that I get a close friend to interview me, helping to give the video a more 'natural / friendly / casual' feel because we already know one another?
- Any particular shots of activities to be overlaid into the video? We have plans to spend a day filming about Wellington, NZ (where I live), students doing activities and walking about, people buying things with cards to be played with the voice-over from the interview.

At the end of the day, these videos will represent a brand, and I think it's important to get second opinion because who knows the brand better than all of those here!? Myself, I lean towards structuring each video's delivery giving respect to its intended audience. I have a really positive feeling about how these are going to turn out from my meeting today.

Thanks TeeGee! I'm pretty excited to see how they turn out.

I don't have a strong opinion on the feel and dress, but I would recommend whatever you feel is best.
I like the idea of having a friend interview you.
As far as any recommendations for shots, for the student videos, it sounds like you have it nailed. Student activities, making purchases, etc.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:18:31 PM

Thanks TeeGee! I'm pretty excited to see how they turn out.

I don't have a strong opinion on the feel and dress, but I would recommend whatever you feel is best.
I like the idea of having a friend interview you.
As far as any recommendations for shots, for the student videos, it sounds like you have it nailed. Student activities, making purchases, etc.

CRISP For Students to be the 1st video is the right order. I like the interview format. Dressing up as typical students sounds good. Follow the key points of our press release, not necessary in the same order. I would go for the 3+ verses 3- minutes.

The general theme of our PR campaign is going to be shifting from an awareness campaign to education and with a focus on persuasive and compelling statements why is matters. Our first campaign target will be students and educators. Others to follow will be small business owners and their employees, Professional women and small business women and others. All these will be done with multiple press releases in conjunction with the launching of DCEBrief.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 06:30:44 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2015, 08:19:58 PM by RJF

Here are a few of my own personal quotes:

The banks and credit cards have had their time, it is now time for a new age of digital money, called DNotes, to bring us into the current worlds needs and demands.

The new currency revolution has started, have you joined? DNOTES!

Had it with fees and never-ending debt? DNotes is the answer.

The future of money is here and it is DNotes.

Money is history, DNotes is the future.

OR do you want quotes from more prominent persons?

It is important for us to only publish that best of the top picks.

Bitcoin is the present, DNotes is the future, join us in the world...

Oops! Should have read:

"Bitcoin is the present, DNotes is the future, join us in the new world..."

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 06:34:19 PM

Outstanding!!  Very nice contemporary design, professional and easy to read and navigate. Love the layout! Good color choices..  NICE work!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Pages: « 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: