Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 12:41:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:01:23 PM

All, one way I was thinking of to promote DCEBrief on social media is infographics. They typically get a lot of traction on social media. It could be based on statistics surrounding an article, or even independent of an article on DCEBrief, or an explanation of an idea or system. If you have ideas, please let me know.

Just wanted to add, it doesn't matter if it's bitcoin related, or even blockchain related, that may even be preferable for the intended purpose. Anything digital currency related will work.

An easy to understand blockchain diagram might be a good idea. Or at least I would be interested.

Recently read the dcebrief article that compared crypto to the internet, something along those lines could be interesting as well.
grandmama

Activity: 82

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:50:00 PM

STANFORD UNIVERSITY COURSE COULD GROW BITCOIN COMMUNITY, SAYS PROFESSOR

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/stanford-university-course-grow-bitcoin-community/

Omg! This is great!!!

"If we can start turning out 100 students a year who are experts on Bitcoin, this will really start growing the community quickly which should lead to exciting new technical advances in the future."
 -Professor Joseph Bonneau

So when will high schools, better yet, middle schools start to teach on the subject??

Yes, this is good news! Speaking of school, I have three currently in elementary school and they watch me when I go on exchanges and do buys/trades. I am already getting them started down the path of digital currency. I show them their CRISP for Kids savings and they see how it grows. They truly are very interested in it and how money is sent "through the air" as they say. You can never start them too early.

Educating the next generations about digital currency is one of the most important things we can do. They build upon what our industry has created.

The financial world will be forced to offer programs and classes on digital currency.  Just as schools were forced to offer computer classes.  Unfortunately the first computers hit my high school the year after I graduated. The computers came in at the end of my Senior year and were sitting in the business classes I was taking for the next school year. All we could do was look at them. Yes folks, I learned on a typewriter, thankfully it was electric and not manual.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 02:57:41 AM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/stanford-university-course-grow-bitcoin-community/

Omg! This is great!!!

"If we can start turning out 100 students a year who are experts on Bitcoin, this will really start growing the community quickly which should lead to exciting new technical advances in the future."

So when will high schools, better yet, middle schools start to teach on the subject??

Yes, this is good news! Speaking of school, I have three currently in elementary school and they watch me when I go on exchanges and do buys/trades. I am already getting them started down the path of digital currency. I show them their CRISP for Kids savings and they see how it grows. They truly are very interested in it and how money is sent "through the air" as they say. You can never start them too early.

Educating the next generations about digital currency is one of the most important things we can do. They build upon what our industry has created.

The financial world will be forced to offer programs and classes on digital currency.  Just as schools were forced to offer computer classes.  Unfortunately the first computers hit my high school the year after I graduated. The computers came in at the end of my Senior year and were sitting in the business classes I was taking for the next school year. All we could do was look at them. Yes folks, I learned on a typewriter, thankfully it was electric and not manual.

I remember getting our first puter for the office, a 386SX, and thinking we would never need more than one PC in the office. That was about the very early 1990's or so. Then we got FOUR puters, 486SX. Everyone in the office had one, including me. I said "we will never need the internet at work". What would we need internet at work for? Then we got internet, BUT only on ONE puter, and that puter was not connected to the company network. I just did not trust the damn thing (the internet). Took a few years of being stubborn, but I finally relented and allowed the internet on the company puters. That was two decades ago. Seems like a lifetime.

Still remember our first "Mobile phone", a bag phone........

Smokey
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 03:17:30 AM

Omg! This is great!!!

I remember getting our first puter for the office, a 386SX, and thinking we would never need more than one PC in the office. That was about the very early 1990's or so. Then we got FOUR puters, 486SX. Everyone in the office had one, including me. I said "we will never need the internet at work". What would we need internet at work for? Then we got internet, BUT only on ONE puter, and that puter was not connected to the company network. I just did not trust the damn thing (the internet). Took a few years of being stubborn, but I finally relented and allowed the internet on the company puters. That was two decades ago. Seems like a lifetime.

Smokey

It is absolutely amazing how quickly technology evolves. Today you can't run most businesses without the internet, at least a dozen computers, and mobile phones.

Fond memories of dragging around the 30 pound mobile phone, and finding a good place to suction the antenna.

grandmama

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:16:53 AM

Omg! This is great!!!

Smokey

It is absolutely amazing how quickly technology evolves. Today you can't run most businesses without the internet, at least a dozen computers, and mobile phones.

Fond memories of dragging around the 30 pound mobile phone, and finding a good place to suction the antenna.

The bag phone was hooked up to the vehicle horn so when it rang and you were not right next to it you knew it was ringing.  When you think of the technology and actually how quickly it progressed to what we have today it really was not that long ago. And to think with the technology available now how much more quickly things can change.  I will probably always be asking my grandkids "hey can you fix this for me" then hand them my phone or computer. Sad when a 9 year old can fix it but I cannot... and it is mine.  I believe the yonger the person the more they will understand the crypto world, as they are more tech minded. They start out as babies in the tech world.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:18:18 AM

Omg! This is great!!!

Smokey

The first laptop computer we designed and manufactured was an Intel 286 with a built power supply, considered cutting edge at that time. All it needed was an external standard power cord. Oh, that was a 16 pound machine with a 4 pounds lead acid battery, in 1989. Kevin, we could a sold you an 8 lb 386SX in 1990 with built-in modem.

We were always ahead of technologies of our time; hardware, software, and material science. Dauphin DTR 2 1/2 lbs 386SX and 486SX windows tablets with removable 80 megabyte hard drive was clearly state of the art of the time.

Technology always evolves. So will digital currency like DNotes. That is the future of money. Don't sell yourself short. The big banks that practically despised the technology a year ago are now committing large sum of money to come up with their version of centralized currency.  
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 04:33:58 AM

Omg! This is great!!!

Smokey

The bag phone was hooked up to the vehicle horn so when it rang and you were not right next to it you knew it was ringing.  When you think of the technology and actually how quickly it progressed to what we have today it really was not that long ago. And to think with the technology available now how much more quickly things can change.  I will probably always be asking my grandkids "hey can you fix this for me" then hand them my phone or computer. Sad when a 9 year old can fix it but I cannot... and it is mine.  I believe the yonger the person the more they will understand the crypto world, as they are more tech minded. They start out as babies in the tech world.

That was one of our reasons for launching CRISP For Kids. My 7 year old grandson spent a day with me yesterday. When I asked him if he knew what DNotes is. He said, "It's money, Grandpa. You already showed me my savings account. It will be cool if I can use it to buy games at Apple store." I have the feeling that the next generation would ask why do we need cash. With digital currency and a smart phone you are your own bank.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 11:39:08 AM

All, one way I was thinking of to promote DCEBrief on social media is infographics. They typically get a lot of traction on social media. It could be based on statistics surrounding an article, or even independent of an article on DCEBrief, or an explanation of an idea or system. If you have ideas, please let me know.

Just wanted to add, it doesn't matter if it's bitcoin related, or even blockchain related, that may even be preferable for the intended purpose. Anything digital currency related will work.

An easy to understand blockchain diagram might be a good idea. Or at least I would be interested.

Recently read the dcebrief article that compared crypto to the internet, something along those lines could be interesting as well.

Pretty good ideas.

Maybe a side by side comparison, if I can find the information, comparing: investment, users, and other landmarks?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 11:40:26 AM

In the last 30 days DCEBrief has received over 33,000 unique visitors accoridng to cloudflare's statistics and the majority of the traffic comes from the US. About half of the traffic has come from direct hits, 35% from social media, and 15% from search.

HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 12:46:40 PM

In the last 30 days DCEBrief has received over 33,000 unique visitors accoridng to cloudflare's statistics and the majority of the traffic comes from the US. About half of the traffic has come from direct hits, 35% from social media, and 15% from search.

Excellent stats! It will only continue to climb as more people awaken to DNotes and cryptocurrency.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:37:11 PM

http://dcebrief.com/no-news-is-good-news-the-role-of-the-media-in-promoting-cryptocurrency-acceptance/

KristinaHD

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 01:57:53 PM

Thanks for this well-written article. The question is... What can be done to increase awareness in the news world? I wonder if actually contacting smaller newspapers across the nation would make a difference? Would submitting a few articles from dcebrief.com convince them?
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 02:02:39 PM

Omg! This is great!!!

Smokey

The first laptop computer we designed and manufactured was an Intel 286 with a built power supply, considered cutting edge at that time. All it needed was an external standard power cord. Oh, that was a 16 pound machine with a 4 pounds lead acid battery, in 1989. Kevin, we could a sold you an 8 lb 386SX in 1990 with built-in modem.

We were always ahead of technologies of our time; hardware, software, and material science. Dauphin DTR 2 1/2 lbs 386SX and 486SX windows tablets with removable 80 megabyte hard drive was clearly state of the art of the time.

Technology always evolves. So will digital currency like DNotes. That is the future of money. Don't sell yourself short. The big banks that practically despised the technology a year ago are now committing large sum of money to come up with their version of centralized currency.  

Meeting you for the first time is forever etched into my memory banks. It was about the year 2000, and you had this funny little puter.......at least I thought it was funny, until I learned the backstory on it. It was the beginning of a relationship that will change the world. Someday there will be books written about our humble beginnings.

Man-Hugs, you old fart!!!!

Smokey
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 02:17:13 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 02:27:42 PM by TeeGee

Great article Chris, academics provide the ammo to the media, and the studies themselves are often problematic with many hypotheses not considered, or the hypotheses being used to push political agenda at an unhelpful ring on the causal chain. To me, this leads to an 'post-ante' means of fixing things or 'after the fact', rather than actually finding the root causes of problems. The media are just culpable as academia when it comes to bias, but this is slightly less important when they are getting fed the same spaghetti information. The inputs in academia nigh always yield the same policy recommendation.

Wonderful to see 33 thousand!!! unique visitors on DCEBrief in its first month, that is widely read indeed.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:03:57 AM

From CryptoMoms:

Quote from: indiamikezulu on Today at 12:38:34 AM
But here's why I popped in. This is what I been waiting for:

"If Glencore loses its investment grade rating as now seems likely, its access to cheap capital will evaporate and it will fail. This matters for several reasons, the most important of which is the company’s unspecified but certainly huge derivatives book which, like AIG’s in 2008, is a serious threat to the leveraged speculating community."

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article52462.html

Quote From Shepherd:

Mark, that is a "Scary Note". Watch for ripple effects in the coming days. I hope there is none, but that might be a little too wishful when there are "over-stressed" signs all over the world.
grandmama

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 02:25:33 AM

That number is certain to grow as people talk about it at the water cooler. Nice to see some stats on this. 
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 03:21:05 AM

In the last 30 days DCEBrief has received over 33,000 unique visitors according to cloudflare's statistics and the majority of the traffic comes from the US. About half of the traffic has come from direct hits, 35% from social media, and 15% from search.

That number is certain to grow as people talk about it at the water cooler. Nice to see some stats on this. 

Agreed, we will grow over time and gain momentum. Especially with the quality of content we are providing. Big thank you to our writers and contributors who are making this possible.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 10:44:43 AM

In the last 30 days DCEBrief has received over 33,000 unique visitors according to cloudflare's statistics and the majority of the traffic comes from the US. About half of the traffic has come from direct hits, 35% from social media, and 15% from search.

Agreed, we will grow over time and gain momentum. Especially with the quality of content we are providing. Big thank you to our writers and contributors who are making this possible.

yeah i added to home web for when i start my broser Smiley just not like to loose good reads !
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 01:08:00 PM

yeah i added to home web for when i start my broser Smiley just not like to loose good reads !

Thanks infovortice! That's a great idea.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 01:12:53 PM

I am considering setting up a social sharing contest. We can do it a couple of different ways.

1) Pay each user that shares an article on social a certain amount of DNotes.

2) Each social media share gives you one entry for a bigger DNotes prize.

Or even a combination of a small award for each share, and an entry for a slightly smaller big prize.

What does everyone think would be the best way?

Pages: « 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: