Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:28:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:01:58 AM

This was meant to be rather short, but it ended up being really long... 2 hours to think through properly and write, slightly haphazard in flow, and not edited, but message is quite important.

An excellent video that highlights the fact that no single person would ever be able to create a pencil, but for the voluntary contributions of millions of people worldwide to create the most everyday of items, and potentially the least appreciated for its complexity - the pencil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=343&v=IYO3tOqDISE

Now, imagine making the process with which these millions of people that co-operate voluntarily trade with one another faster and easier, while adding new features like in the case of digital currency. How many new versions of the pencil will be created?

3+ days for an international payment to clear between bank accounts!? Well that means a minimum of 3 days added on to the time until your order will be sent, to add on top of the shipping time! Then the wholesaler will also have a 1 night delay of payment between them and the retailer and so forth, with the original payment from the consumer having a little 'fee' siphoned off at each connecting bank account it is routed through. This could add 4-5 days of 'slowdown' in the trading and delivery of products that are crucial inputs of production to other 'value added' goods (Smartphones, computers, pencils etc).

Crypto allows for FREE instant transactions; companies can ship goods the moment they are paid for and at significantly reduced rates. When prices are cheaper, more business is done, meaning more businesses in operation that order inputs to in turn invent the next 'pencils'.

To be honest, while digital currency has economics and other sciences that may be applied to model 'human behaviour', the pencil is probably more complicated than digital currency is when viewed as the product of millions of people who require different skills from different countries just to assemble it. It of course makes incredible sense to have a safe, secure, simple, stable, efficient and CHEAP way to transfer value around to facilitate its creation.

The inefficiencies and increased costs incurred by businesses and people who use fiat money is serving as a barrier to trade. A barrier to trade is bank fees and taxes that must be added on to the final costs of goods sold. Higher costs mean fewer customer purchases, because their budgets only go so far. Fewer purchases by consumers affect manufacturers / businesses bottom lines. When the bottom line of a business is affected, they hire fewer people, or don't enter the market at all. More unemployed people means a larger drain on welfare, which means more government debt - yet another mechanism by which fiat money increases government debt - by reducing employment opportunities as a result of bank fees making the difference between doing business and not operating.

How many people are unemployed just because bank fees and taxes make hiring them, and therefore and the cost of business too expensive!? How many 'pencils' have not been invented because the people who would have worked in the market to 'invent' them decided it wasn't profitable startup thanks to bank fees and taxes so they went and got a job at a bank or in the government sector, working jobs that have service delivery methods that have now outlived their usefulness thanks to blockchain technology?

The following is a purely hypothetical example (not intended to be 100% accurate, but it paints a fair picture of potential crypto has):

I want to order flowers from Smokey, and I'm a wholesaler in NZ (larger transfer), I opt to pay with either bank transfer or VISA;

VISA:

On Janruary 1, I buy 100 plants for 10 dollars each, that I want to make $10 profit on each plant by reselling in NZ (100%). I order thinking I can sell for $20 each.

Smokey has worked hard in his gardens, and wants close to $600 for his 100 flowers. He knows that the US government has a 35% corporate tax rate, so to end up with $650, he would need to sell them for 1000.

I pay $1000 to Smokey, of which 1% is taken by VISA, and somewhere between 2-4% is taken by the participating banks EACH as a merchant Fees and a foreign exchange fee. This leaves Smokey with $600.

But did you catch it? Something here is beyond morally repugnant... and I don't mean the fact that nearly half of the money sent to Smokey is taken away from him in taxes. Did you spot it? (This is the first time I've done calculations like this.. so I just noticed it myself - I'll cover it later)

The payment is pending for a couple days with VISA, and it won't process for about 3 working days if I had sent using bank transfer (which is also charged fees by both sending and receiving banks)... Smokey isn't going to send me my flowers until after the payment clears.

January 4th or so, my payment finally clears into Smokey's account, and the goods are shipped to NZ, taking around 9 days to arrive.

January 13th, the goods arrive in NZ 13 days after my order, but it could have received them after 10 if the payment had cleared instantly, but instead I need to wait an extra day for delivery to my shop - I waited 13 days instead of 10 - 30% increase!!! That is time that my personal capital is tied up in something that I can not yet sell; money I can't use for any other purpose - hence it should be easy to see why so many small (low cash-flow) business owners struggle when so much of their money is tied up in inventory.

Anyway, because the flower order is worth more than $400, I need to pay duty taxes on them before NZ customs will release them, which depending on what the NZ government thinks we have too much of, is between 5 and 10% usually. My costs are now $1050-$1100 for goods that COULD have been as low as 600 if it weren't for nobody else expecting a cut from something they had no part in producing.

January 14th the goods arrive at my shop, and I put them up for sale. Now I need to factor in the fact that I will need to pay Goods and Services tax (like VAT in Europe and Sales Taxes in the USA) of 15%, so I bump my price up by 15%, on top of the 33% tax I'm going to need to pay that is added to the $10 profit per plant to double my investment. This all assumes also that the only cost for my business is the flowers (unrealistic, but makes my tax easy to subtract from profit), I calculate that:

Smokey's Gardens Price they were prepared to sell at
$600 + Taxes (350) + VISA & bank fees (50) = $1000

TeeGee's Gardens:
Cost equals $1000 (to Smokey) + $50 to $100 in dutry taxes = 1075 (mid-point)

Prepared to sell at:
$1075 (Smokey + duty tax)+$1000 (to make $10 profit per plant) + 15% (GST) = $2386 (for 100 plants)

Still need to add NZ corporate tax @ 33%

$2386 divided by 0.67 - to get final figure including NZ corporate tax (1-0.33=0.67) = $3561

Of which:
Smokey who did all the work growing the flowers receives: 600
TeeGee who did all the work to raise the money to buy the flowers receives: 1000

VISA receives: $10 (plus extra if I paid duty fees using credit card)
Banks receive: $40
Governments receive: $1911

Price per plant: $35.61

When will this insanity end?

Now imagine if I decided to do the same order, but completely p2p by using a cryptocurrency in a utopian world where the government was responsible and only paid for things people actually wanted (by voting with their money - i.e. You want a local bridge, you try to crowdfund it - if nobody pitches in, then clearly that bridge was of little to no value to the community).

Smokey offers flowers for $600 for 100 flowers, I pay $600 in cryptocurrency, the funds clear instantly and the flowers are shipped that exact day. After that point, it is up to the individuals who participated in the transaction if they feel they should make payments to third parties (taxes etc) for any services they provide, rather than a shakedown on account of just being born on a particular patch of land.

Ignoring the remaining potential duty taxes in NZ;

Smokey Receives: $600
I receive: $600 (only want to double my investment, not make $10 per plant)
Government receives: ...? Well depends on the value they are providing, government is meant to serve the people, and not the other way around. In the future it could one day be up to us to pay what we think is necessary to pay for building roads and public healthcare etc.

Cost per plant to consumer: $12

Now, what do you think happens at this juncture? Will customers demand more or less flowers at $12 than at $35?

Well hopefully you said $12. The lower prices would create an economic boom that would increase demand for the products I sold. I'd be able to hire more people to sell more flowers and create more jobs. It would also mean that other people who decided not to enter the flower market because the price of importing flowers was so high would reconsider, creating only more jobs.

This whole thing is very much just for illustration purposes of what p2p could potentially look like one day, but remember what I was saying before above - these fees that are in excess of what was agreed between two consenting traders are what create unemployment. A much more likely near-term solution would be a crypto transaction that won't necessarily eliminate the tax component of produced goods (unless you think the IRS are reasonable people that will leave you alone), but at the very least they will decrease, no, eliminate the bank fees involved which can be significant when a there is a retailer - wholesaler - importer - foreign exporter - local business continuum with bank fees being collected at every step of the way. This can compound to some ~10-15% of the price of a good... crypto could also increase the speed at which global trade is done, and shipments sent. After all, time is money.

As for the morally repugnant part I mentioned earlier?

Well it struck me while I was writing, that VISA and the banks charge merchant fee's (to the best of my understanding) on the TOTAL amount paid through their network, not the pre-tax amount of the good being sold. I can't believe I missed this one til now, but this literally means that VISA and the banks not only make profit on the value of the good that you transferred (which is fine), but they also charge a fee (4-5%) on the TAX component built into the price of the good. Most people could argue there is perhaps some benefit given back to them from their taxes, but there is absolutely no benefit for them in this additional 'VISA fee' as I'll call it that is added on top. This makes goods even MORE expensive and is a further conflict of interest when banks give money to politicians... I mean they're making a percentage fee on all of the tax that is inbuilt into every product sold world-wide... Higher taxes = more expensive goods world-wide = higher bank fees to them. It reminds me of sales taxes in NZ being charged to the excise tax component for NZ gas for our cars (1.50 US per Litre here or about $5.60 gallon). VISA and banks should only be taking fees from the pre-tax value of goods, it is possible to do today without an accounting headache by flagging VISA and bank transactions with "Goods sold" tags in accounting software that automatically reduce the fee by 35% to eligible businesses for example... or just use crypto...

There will be no technology more empowering for humanity, that puts power back into the hands of the many than decentralized, global money; cryptocurrency is the ultimate freedom.

Almost instantaneous cross border transactions with near zero fees will have a huge impact on global business.

There will be no technology more empowering for humanity, that puts power back into the hands of the many than decentralized, global money; cryptocurrency is the ultimate freedom. +100

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:07:02 AM

This is not helpful to our industry. The lack of clear regulatory guidance has always been a hindrance to Bitcoin's mass acceptance. At least there is one more official confirmation that Bitcoin is a commodity.  

Bitcoin Is Officially a Commodity, According to U.S. Regulator
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission makes its mark.

Virtual money is officially a commodity, just like crude oil or wheat.
So says the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), which on Thursday announced it had filed and settled charges against a Bitcoin exchange for facilitating the trading of option contracts on its platform.

"In this order, the CFTC for the first time finds that Bitcoin and other virtual currencies are properly defined as commodities," according to the press release.

While market participants have long discussed whether Bitcoin could be defined as a commodity, and the CFTC has long pondered whether the cryptocurrency falls under its jurisdiction, the implications of this move are potentially numerous.

By this action, the CFTC asserts its authority to provide oversight of the trading of cryptocurrency futures and options, which will now be subject to the agency's regulations. In the event of wrongdoing, such as futures manipulation, the CFTC will be able to bring charges against bad actors.
If a company wants to operate a trading platform for Bitcoin derivatives or futures, it will need to register as a swap execution facility or designated contract market, just like the CME Group. And Coinflip—the target of the CFTC action—is hardly the only company that provides a platform to trade Bitcoin derivatives or futures.

“While there is a lot of excitement surrounding Bitcoin and other virtual currencies, innovation does not excuse those acting in this space from following the same rules applicable to all participants in the commodity derivatives markets," said Aitan Goelman, the CFTC's director of enforcement, in a statement.
Since Coinflip is not alone in providing a platform to trade Bitcoin derivatives or futures, Goelman's words imply that other unregulated exchanges could soon attract the attention of the CFTC.

As such, the CFTC is bringing dealings in Bitcoin, long prized for its anonymity, into the light. While this could help clean up U.S. trading around the product, potentially helping to avoid a repeat of the Mt. Gox escapade, it is also likely to increase the cost of doing business.

Coinflip consented to the order without admitting or denying any of its findings or conclusions.
"The cease and desist was a fair settlement," Francisco Riordan, Coinflip's chief executive officer, said in response to a request for comment. He said that customer funds had been refunded in July 2014, before the CFTC made contact with the company: "There wasn't enough trade volume for the site to sustain itself."

Bitcoin, meanwhile, has been trading sideways throughout 2015.

Source:
By: Luke Kawa
Bloomberg Business
September 17, 2015 — 4:58 PM CDT
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-17/bitcoin-is-officially-a-commodity-according-to-u-s-regulator
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:36:12 AM

I hope our political leaders are learning from New York's Infamous "BitLicense" what not to do.

California's Version of New York's Infamous ‘BitLicense’ Defeated in State Legislature

Just weeks after New York officially drove several major Bitcoin businesses out of the state through regulation California chose a freer path forward for digital currency in The Golden State. The equally archaic and onerous version of its own “BitLicense” wasdefeated within the state’s legislature on Friday.
California refuses to make New York’s mistakes

Few things in Bitcoin’s brief history have done as much damage to the Bitcoin ecosystem as has New York State’s infamous “BitLicense” legislation. Filled with fiery hoops for hardcore New Yorker’s to jump through, it succeeded in driving several large and successful Bitcoin out of the state. Not only were countless jobs and revenue lost, but a poor precedent was set by the regulators in the Big Apple, which is largely seen as an economic leader worldwide.

As if taken from New York’s BitLicense directly, Bill AB 1326 will make compliance as difficult and as intrusive as possible. Highlights include asking for highly irrelevant information from all partners, officers or company managers like educational background, ten years of employment history and work address.
Non-refundable application fees for a California digital currency business license would cost up to US$5,000 plus a US$2,500 annual renewal fee. One could be reduced to $500 every two years with certain qualifications, including if the commissioner deems your business to be “low or no risk to consumers.”

You can read the full proposal here, but if you read through New York’s BitLicense, you’ve pretty much got the gist of it. The new Commissioner in charge of the digital currency industry in the state, with many ties to the commercial banking industry, would have had absolute power to revoke or deny a license on a very subjective basis.

The proposal states that the “competence, experience, character or general fitness” of the licensee or any director, officer, employee, or person “in control of a license” can be deemed “not in the public interest” and be stopped from providing virtual currency services.

The bill, if it became law, would’ve gone into effect on July 1, 2016. It is currently in “inactive” status, and cannot be brought up again for consideration before January 4, 2016.

Source:
Author: Evander Smart
http://cointelegraph.com/news/115284/californias-version-of-new-yorks-infamous-bitlicense-defeated-in-state-legislature
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 07:49:09 AM

Pardon my absence: been some time in hospital.

Dnotes on Cryptsy. Yay!

Dnotes way up in price. Yay!

Will catch up on my reading.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 12:26:46 PM

Dnotes on Cryptsy. Yay!

We missed you, Mark. Hope you are doing well now. Let us know if there is anything we can be helpful.

Enjoy the DNotes comeback. I never doubted it. We are at the beginning of our next phase. Especially with the successfully launching of DCEBrief, we could very well be at the tipping point.

Despite all the publicity we have been getting, most people, even those within our industry, might not understand our total strategy or total package. We have constantly examined our strengths and weaknesses, as well as that of Bitcoin and our industry in general. With that we constantly developed solutions to help overcome industry problems, which often lead us to opportunities.

These are not conceptual ideas outlined in a well written white paper or a thick business plan with colorful graphs and charts. They are well conceived projects, successfully launched and well executed. The list is long and still growing.

We started out with CryptoMoms and expanded to include the first CRISP for Kids. We than built and launched DNotesVault and expanded to a whole family of CRISP for students, employees and for those concerned about their retirement. Our mission continued with the launch of DCEBrief.

All of these projects are no small tasks and they are all fully funded without any VC founding or donation from our general communities. That is the unspoken strength of DNotes, allowing us to be nimble and agile capable of responding quickly and decisively.

However, that is not all, we have awesome communities beyond what those words normally mean. Just look at what we have collective built and accomplished in less than two years, resulting in a solid trusted digital currency that anyone worldwide can participate. Most importantly, this trusted digital currency, DNotes, is supported by its own ecosystem built by a team who are dedicated to promote and protected the best interest of DNotes and our stakeholders. Once enough people discovered the uniqueness of this very special situation, it could become our tipping point. We are proud of our accomplishments. Let us spread the word.

KristinaHD

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 01:26:13 PM

I went to a women's business bureau meeting last night. Unfortunately, not one person had even heard of digital currency. I am planning to print rack cards with a few important points about digital currency and DNotes. I plan to make a sort of grass roots effort to bring awareness of digital currency to those who have no clue what it is. Any ideas?

Forget about trying to explain the technology behind it.  It's not that they aren't capable of learning the tech, many just aren't interested in it. For women not familiar with digital currency (and even for some of us that are), p2p means nothing more than the distance to the next rest stop on a roadtrip!  However, they will be interested in what digital currency can do as an instrument of social change and women will make very powerful leaders in those areas.

Here's a possibility:

DNotes is a new global digital currency that is available to everyone worldwide.  A digital currency is simply an internet based medium of exchange, as opposed to physical cash.

DNotes is building an ecosystem of blocks that everyday people can understand.  They have savings plans for kids, students, retirement, and employee benefits.  They are also the only one to offer a safe place to store your digital currency with a 100% guarantee at DNotesVault.  They have an online cryptocurrency learning centre for women (open to everyone).   DCEBrief - news for the busy exec.

My favorite part is what it can do to include people of the world that have never been able to participate economically.  Half of the world's population doesn't have access to a bank.  Corrupt politicians and poorly run countries can make their currencies worthless.  When we support a global currency that can not be manipulated by governments, we are giving the less fortunate a chance to start a business, send their children to school, and save for their future. 

For women everywhere it is an opportunity to invest even a small amount in a very early stage investment whose potential upside is so massive, it far outweighs the risk.  With DNotes, all you need is an email address to get started.

You can also check out this thread at CryptoMoms:  http://cryptomoms.com/forum/general-discussion/9/explaining-cryptocurrency/201/

Thank you, Chase. Very useful. Smiley
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 02:25:37 PM

Dnotes on Cryptsy. Yay!

We missed you, Mark. Hope you are doing well now. Let us know if there is anything we can be helpful.

Enjoy the DNotes comeback. I never doubted it. We are at the beginning of our next phase. Especially with the successfully launching of DCEBrief, we could very well be at the tipping point.

Despite all the publicity we have been getting, most people, even those within our industry, might not understand our total strategy or total package. We have constantly examined our strengths and weaknesses, as well as that of Bitcoin and our industry in general. With that we constantly developed solutions to help overcome industry problems, which often lead us to opportunities.

These are not conceptual ideas outlined in a well written white paper or a thick business plan with colorful graphs and charts. They are well conceived projects, successfully launched and well executed. The list is long and still growing.

We started out with CryptoMoms and expanded to include the first CRISP for Kids. We than built and launched DNotesVault and expanded to a whole family of CRISP for students, employees and for those concerned about their retirement. Our mission continued with the launch of DCEBrief.

All of these projects are no small tasks and they are all fully funded without any VC founding or donation from our general communities. That is the unspoken strength of DNotes, allowing us to be nimble and agile capable of responding quickly and decisively.

However, that is not all, we have awesome communities beyond what those words normally mean. Just look at what we have collective built and accomplished in less than two years, resulting in a solid trusted digital currency that anyone worldwide can participate. Most importantly, this trusted digital currency, DNotes, is supported by its own ecosystem built by a team who are dedicated to promote and protected the best interest of DNotes and our stakeholders. Once enough people discovered the uniqueness of this very special situation, it could become our tipping point. We are proud of our accomplishments. Let us spread the word.

Glad to hear your back in action, hopefully nothing too serious.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 02:26:40 PM

Found another on CEN

http://www.consumerelectronicsnet.com/article/DNotes-Live-on-Cryptsy-for-Bitcoin-Trading-Growth-of-Ecosystem-With-Worlds-First-Cryptocurrency-Savings-Accounts-Continues-Unabated-4075951

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:06:40 PM

Consumer Electronics? That is a good sign. DNotes is getting increasingly more broad-base coverage. Eventually, it will lead to wide spread acceptance.

So what it such a big deal? .... It's a big deal in our case because DNotes is very strategic and systematic. We designed our strategic plans based on a system approach that requires us to go way beyond our industry so that we are aligned with our ultimate objectives. Those who know us well enough will understand that we do not just talk about big ideas and big solutions. Once we made a commitment, we map out strategic plans and allocate required resources to execute those plans at the most opportune time and as flawlessly as possible. That is a small hint on why we have been able to accomplish so much in such a short period of time with relatively limited resources.

We are indeed just getting started. By the end of this year we can comfortably say that the most important part of our ecosystem is in place with solid foundation. 2016 will be the year of significant expansion with one or more incorporated companies to take over our ecosystem, supported with various rounds of funding. I plan to be sharing some of our vision for 2016 and beyond in the coming weeks. We could be reaching the tipping point soon. It pays to read up on what DNotes is about. This is a unique situation. We are all about being the "Best In Class". We are willing to always go the extra mile and always prepared and willing to do things others will not do, so that one day we can do things others can not do. That is how DNotes will become the trusted global digital currency for everyone to participate.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 04:52:00 PM

Yeah DNotes is growing just by accomplishing his mantras step by step. Right on good way.

Its amazing how this rises in price always Always keep me with buy orders posted jajajaj it amazing !!!!  yeah still moar happy for rise than sad for lost buy orders  Cheesy
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:41:11 PM

Yeah DNotes is growing just by accomplishing his mantras step by step. Right on good way.

Its amazing how this rises in price always Always keep me with buy orders posted jajajaj it amazing !!!!  yeah still moar happy for rise than sad for lost buy orders  Cheesy

Hey infovortice, I love the way you express yourself. Now that DNotes is on an uptrend, I trust that you will stay happy for a long time. Sure it was sad for me to see people dumping DNotes at close to 3K Sat. But may be, it now time for them to feel a little sad and our turn to feel happy. Have a good day.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 05:49:48 PM

Hey infovortice, I love the way you express yourself. Now that DNotes is on an uptrend, I trust that you will stay happy for a long time. Sure it was sad for me to see people dumping DNotes at close to 3K Sat. But may be, it now time for them to feel a little sad and our turn to feel happy. Have a good day.

Thank you infovortice. We are truly unique in our industry and even reflects on our exchange markets. There have been significant changes in our market depth in the last few days. It may take us longer to get there, but our rise should be much more sustainable, built on a solid foundations of accomplishments rather than hype.

matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 06:14:03 PM

The obstacle that stands in front of the Digital currency - is the same as it was since it appeared with the bitcoin: people and even the creators and fans - YET - don't know what is exactly the difference between this system and the old nationals currencies systems. yes it's easy to use. yes there aren't new printing. yes there isn't interest, fees, third party and so on. but on the big picture - it isn't defined yet: what is the difference. I guess the answer is connected to the question - which no one yet have the answer - is the DC  ment to replace the national currencies or to be only sort of help and correction. the problem with such answer is: if DG ment to replace NC - then the creators and fans and the communities  can get a great powerful enemy: the governments. but if this is not the purpose - so the attraction  of DC is much lower and decreased. question 

This is horrendously dangerous by the Fed.

"We may be approaching a bifurcation point very rapidly where if the world realizes that the US dollar is in the same boat, there will be absolutely no safety anywhere in the traditional financial system."

http://www.sovereignman.com/trends/the-global-financial-system-is-now-resting-on-a-margin-of-1-3-17441/

When Lehman Brothers went under in 2008, it dragged down almost the entire financial system;

The united states government stepped in with Trillions in newly printed money. The US will soon be at 19 Trillion in debt once the debt ceiling is increased again.

2008 was different, US debt was only 9.6 Trillion (my entire nations GDP is like... 200 Billion...) but anyway, there was some leeway for the Fed to take on a whole lot of extra debt to 'encourage spending'. In 2008 the Fed had a balance sheet of 924 billion and capital of 40 billion, roughly 4.3% of assets.

Today the Fed's balance sheet is 4.5 Trillion, 5 times larger, yet total capital has collapsed to 1.3% of total assets, and it continues to fall further.

Lehman Brothers had capital at 3% of its balance sheet when it fell... double that of what the Fed's balance sheet is today.

Essentially, the Fed can not now lift interest rates, and it also cannot drop them any further. It's going to be bad news if interest rates drop (negative interest won't work and no more 'growth' stimulus leeway to go) and the value of its balance sheet will worsen even further because bonds will decrease.

Not good. We need sound money, and lots of people already know this who don't quite know what crypto is yet!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 07:51:53 PM

The obstacle that stands in front of the Digital currency - is the same as it was since it appeared with the bitcoin: people and even the creators and fans - YET - don't know what is exactly the difference between this system and the old nationals currencies systems. yes it's easy to use. yes there aren't new printing. yes there isn't interest, fees, third party and so on. but on the big picture - it isn't defined yet: what is the difference. I guess the answer is connected to the question - which no one yet have the answer - is the DC  ment to replace the national currencies or to be only sort of help and correction. the problem with such answer is: if DG ment to replace NC - then the creators and fans and the communities  can get a great powerful enemy: the governments. but if this is not the purpose - so the attraction  of DC is much lower and decreased. question 

This is horrendously dangerous by the Fed.

"We may be approaching a bifurcation point very rapidly where if the world realizes that the US dollar is in the same boat, there will be absolutely no safety anywhere in the traditional financial system."

http://www.sovereignman.com/trends/the-global-financial-system-is-now-resting-on-a-margin-of-1-3-17441/

When Lehman Brothers went under in 2008, it dragged down almost the entire financial system;

The united states government stepped in with Trillions in newly printed money. The US will soon be at 19 Trillion in debt once the debt ceiling is increased again.

2008 was different, US debt was only 9.6 Trillion (my entire nations GDP is like... 200 Billion...) but anyway, there was some leeway for the Fed to take on a whole lot of extra debt to 'encourage spending'. In 2008 the Fed had a balance sheet of 924 billion and capital of 40 billion, roughly 4.3% of assets.

Today the Fed's balance sheet is 4.5 Trillion, 5 times larger, yet total capital has collapsed to 1.3% of total assets, and it continues to fall further.

Lehman Brothers had capital at 3% of its balance sheet when it fell... double that of what the Fed's balance sheet is today.

Essentially, the Fed can not now lift interest rates, and it also cannot drop them any further. It's going to be bad news if interest rates drop (negative interest won't work and no more 'growth' stimulus leeway to go) and the value of its balance sheet will worsen even further because bonds will decrease.

Not good. We need sound money, and lots of people already know this who don't quite know what crypto is yet!

I do not foresee that digital currency will completely replace "national" currency for generations to come. However, I believe that it is entirely possible that within the next twenty years a digital currency likely DNotes could be accepted as the most efficient and convenient medium of exchange. It would then be a significant disadvantage for anyone not to accept it. Business owners will soon learn to use DNotes as a competitive edge not just to attract a new class of customers but in actual cost savings and immediate availability of funds.

I am personally committed to make this happen in my life time. We should be the best friends of any government. DNotes could be the best thing for the new generation of political leadership who are committed to a more transparent and responsible government, not to mention that it will greatly improve the efficiency in the movement or transfer of money and substantial savings that comes along with it.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 09:39:57 PM

http://finance.boston.com/boston/news/read/30651488/dnotes_live_on_cryptsy_for_bitcoin_trading

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:29:58 PM

This has been an exciting few weeks for DNotes! 

DNotes Live on Cryptsy for Bitcoin Trading, Growth of Ecosystem With World's First Cryptocurrency Savings Accounts Continues Unabated

Yahoo Finance - http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dnotes-live-cryptsy-bitcoin-trading-171100787.html

eWallstreeter - http://ewallstreeter.com/dnotes-live-on-cryptsy-for-bitcoin-trading-growth-of-ecosystem-with-world-s-first-cryptocurrency-savings-accounts-continues-unabated-12997/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 01:31:39 AM

DNotes Live on Cryptsy for Bitcoin Trading, Growth of Ecosystem With World's First Cryptocurrency Savings Accounts Continues Unabated

Yahoo Finance - http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dnotes-live-cryptsy-bitcoin-trading-171100787.html

eWallstreeter - http://ewallstreeter.com/dnotes-live-on-cryptsy-for-bitcoin-trading-growth-of-ecosystem-with-world-s-first-cryptocurrency-savings-accounts-continues-unabated-12997/

Very exciting few weeks for DNotes. Cryptsy, dcebrief with some excellent articles, lots of press, and good deal of action on the exchanges.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 01:59:33 PM

So, when will the price hits 100k satoshi?  Grin
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 02:03:43 PM

Very exciting few weeks for DNotes. Cryptsy, dcebrief with some excellent articles, lots of press, and good deal of action on the exchanges.

We have made a lot of progress in multiple fronts. DCEBrief has been doing exceptionally well. It's a lot of hard work though. I want our team to know that I appreciate their contributions very much. DCEBrief has been publishing many great articles and rapidly gaining readership. We trust that it will become a valuable part of our ecosystem.

The price of DNotes has been on a solid uptrend with good volume. We are doing very well on Cryptsy and our press release has been very well received, and being published in many news outlets I have not seen before.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 02:31:58 PM

So, when will the price hits 100k satoshi?  Grin

Welcome back waterpile, haven't seen you in a while. We have some pretty aggressive plans lined up and Alan is ready to take DNotes to the next level. These are exciting times for DNotes. Keep an eye on our thread, and of course we love to hear from you.

Pages: « 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 [362] 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: