Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:43:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:31:48 PM

Pretty good action over at Cryptsy, 15 BTC volume.
kanus1113

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:49:40 PM

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) says it has to loosen its regulatory policy on mobile money to accommodate telecommunications companies.”

I wish there were more details, but it is always positive to take notice of any Central Bank, irrespective nations, shifting to a more supportive attitude towards “mobile money”, which I believe the writer was referring to digital currency such as DNotes.

From my prospective, there will come a time, in the future, that digital will be given the same regulatory treatment as money, and characterized as such. Many of the regulatory hurdles confronting our industry today is the result of the lack of understanding of what digital currency, Blockchain technology and its global payment network systems are all about.

At DNotes, we have certainly been trying hard to help encourage and educate as many people as we can reach. Specifically, we have been introducing every medium and platform to get the message out, by way of CryptoMoms, DNotes Educational Guide, and our newly launched DCEBrief. They are all Google searchable terms and keywords if you like to learn more about them. Or come and join us and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Nigerian central bank to license telcos for mobile money

Monday 7 September 2015 | 10:24 CET | News

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) says it has to loosen its regulatory policy on mobile money to accommodate telecommunications companies. According to ITPulse, CBN said that telecoms firms can provide the enabling infrastructure for mobile money agents to work effectively, thanks to their broad spread.

The CBN has been wary of licensing telecoms firms, saying it wants to avid a clash between them and banks. The CBN has encouraged telecommunications operators to partner with licensed banks and other financial and non-financial institutions to drive mobile money uptake.

Musa Itokpa Jimoh, Deputy director for the Banking and Payment System Department at CBN, said a review will allow the participation of telecoms companies, giving mobile money a huge boost.

It said mobile money adoption has been very slow in a country that boasts of over 146 million active mobile subscribers. Several surveys have attributed the slow pace to low public awareness. Another challenge had been the low number of agents, as well as inadequate infrastructure.

Source:
http://www.telecompaper.com/news/nigerian-central-bank-to-license-telcos-for-mobile-money--1100957#.Ve3BBX2YeXM.linkedin

I can see the need for regulation, to protect people from getting their money stolen, but the it seems the large nations are over regulating. Is it supposed to be money or a commodity? Will it be regulated by the food and drug administration next?

On a positive note, checked out the traffic for the DNotes sites:
DCEBrief is 211,650 on the Alexa top traffic sites in the U.S. and CryptoMoms is 287,126. The number DCEBrief is pretty impressive for only being live a little over 2 weeks. As a comparison, cointelegraph is 44,000 and coindesk is 9,700.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 10:17:48 PM

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) says it has to loosen its regulatory policy on mobile money to accommodate telecommunications companies.”

I wish there were more details, but it is always positive to take notice of any Central Bank, irrespective nations, shifting to a more supportive attitude towards “mobile money”, which I believe the writer was referring to digital currency such as DNotes.

From my prospective, there will come a time, in the future, that digital will be given the same regulatory treatment as money, and characterized as such. Many of the regulatory hurdles confronting our industry today is the result of the lack of understanding of what digital currency, Blockchain technology and its global payment network systems are all about.

At DNotes, we have certainly been trying hard to help encourage and educate as many people as we can reach. Specifically, we have been introducing every medium and platform to get the message out, by way of CryptoMoms, DNotes Educational Guide, and our newly launched DCEBrief. They are all Google searchable terms and keywords if you like to learn more about them. Or come and join us and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) says it has to loosen its regulatory policy on mobile money to accommodate telecommunications companies. According to ITPulse, CBN said that telecoms firms can provide the enabling infrastructure for mobile money agents to work effectively, thanks to their broad spread.

The CBN has been wary of licensing telecoms firms, saying it wants to avid a clash between them and banks. The CBN has encouraged telecommunications operators to partner with licensed banks and other financial and non-financial institutions to drive mobile money uptake.

Musa Itokpa Jimoh, Deputy director for the Banking and Payment System Department at CBN, said a review will allow the participation of telecoms companies, giving mobile money a huge boost.

It said mobile money adoption has been very slow in a country that boasts of over 146 million active mobile subscribers. Several surveys have attributed the slow pace to low public awareness. Another challenge had been the low number of agents, as well as inadequate infrastructure.

Source:
http://www.telecompaper.com/news/nigerian-central-bank-to-license-telcos-for-mobile-money--1100957#.Ve3BBX2YeXM.linkedin

I can see the need for regulation, to protect people from getting their money stolen, but the it seems the large nations are over regulating. Is it supposed to be money or a commodity? Will it be regulated by the food and drug administration next?

DCEBrief is 211,650 on the Alexa top traffic sites in the U.S. and CryptoMoms is 287,126. The number DCEBrief is pretty impressive for only being live a little over 2 weeks. As a comparison, cointelegraph is 44,000 and coindesk is 9,700.

Thanks Kanus, that looks promising. Traffic on DCEBrief is growing daily and overall support on social media is pretty good.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 11:00:26 PM

Source:

Thanks Kanus, that looks promising. Traffic on DCEBrief is growing daily and overall support on social media is pretty good.

Wow! That is an excellent start.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 11:42:33 PM

I really enjoyed this article - thanks Thomas!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 11:43:52 PM

Did you notice that Cryptsy has eliminated all trading fees?   Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 12:37:27 AM

I noticed that. I hope they will offer a Note/USD pair in the near future, even though their current method of loading USD wallet is limited to mailing in a cashier check to their Florida location. I will be real excited when they can have a direct link to customer's bank account like what Coinbase offers.

Keep an eye on their Canadian offerings. They might offer that feature in Canada before they have the same in US. That will make regular investing in CRISP significantly more convenient. The ultimate feature is to have our own exchange, bank, and partner banks with automatic payroll and bank account deduction instantly converted into DNotes as a CRISP savings program. A $5 to $20  contributed monthly to a CRISP For Kids account started at a young age could be a sizable nest-egg at retirement age.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:58:43 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 03:55:06 AM by Dyna

21 Inc. has been on my Radar for over a year.  I am sure that they are working on many potential killer apps. I have my doubts if this is one of them.

21 Inc. Unveils Bitcoin-Optimized Business Computer

When is a computer not a computer? While 21 Inc.’s new computer doesn’t have keyboards, monitors, and a massive enclosed hard drive, it may have just taken Bitcoin to the next level with their new 21 Bitcoin Computer.

First Computer with Bitcoin as the Main Component
Ok, what’s so great about this new computer by 21 Inc.? Well, it works through whatever OS you have via USB. As a stand-alone Linux machine or connected to Linux, Mac, or Windows via USB, it is small, but versatile pocket-sized computer.

Most importantly, it is designed to be the first computer that is Bitcoin-optimized with native hardware and software support exclusively for the Bitcoin protocol. This means that business owners and developers can do business at the command line using Bitcoin, not built around PayPal or banking systems as a default.

“The technology is ultimately just a tool. Our long term goal is to return economic power to the individual,” says 21 Inc. CEO Balaji Srinivasan on his Medium post.
He continued:

“Specifically, we want to make it possible for you to turn your bright idea into passive income by selling Bitcoin-payable goods, games, and services over the Internet through a 21 Bitcoin Computer. And we want to use the success of the 21 Bitcoin Computer to help make Bitcoin the next fundamental system resource, available by default on every new computer. That journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”

The 21 Bitcoin Computer will do many things for its users such as mining bitcoin from the 21 Command Line instantly and allowing entrepreneurs to open up a digital goods store or iTunes-like music store. It also enables to reward others with bitcoin for posting your content on social media, sell APIs for bitcoin, make hardware rentable in bitcoin, and much more.

The value in this is creating the first machine-to-machine systems built around Bitcoin’s protocol. Ben Horowitz, a co-founder of Andreessen Horowitz, which helped 21 Inc. raise a record US$116 million in venture capital funding to start 2015, explains one future use scenario to the Wall Street Journal:
“If I could read stuff on the web for a small amount of money, and didn’t have to open myself up for repeated charging or subscriptions I didn’t want? That’s a relatively straightforward application if you have machine-to-machine payments.”

The 21 Computer combines the 21 mining chip and 21 micropayment server with the 21 Command Line interface for one comprehensive Bitcoin-optimized machine. Other standard goodies include a WiFi adapter, USB-to-laptop cable, and 128GB SD card, and an installed copy of the blockchain, allowing you to run it as a full node.

Source:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115314/21-inc-unveils-bitcoin-optimized-business-computer
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:43:34 AM

"I will be real excited when they can have a direct link to customer's bank account . . . "

Oh, yeeeeeeh! a crypto-fiat portal is a big step forward.

And Cryptsy?

Crypto theory will take a stride forward when there is ready admission of three things that represent de facto centralisation:

One: exchanges being set up to gain and trade large quantities of currencies' coins -- Cryptsy

Two: the fact of whales' influence on markets

Three (lesser but very real): the fact that an established -- 'main' -- bitcointalk thread is controlled by its OP

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:37:09 AM

"I will be real excited when they can have a direct link to customer's bank account . . . "

And Cryptsy?

Crypto theory will take a stride forward when there is ready admission of three things that represent de facto centralisation:

One: exchanges being set up to gain and trade large quantities of currencies' coins -- Cryptsy

Three (lesser but very real): the fact that an established -- 'main' -- bitcointalk thread is controlled by its OP

It's a little early yet, but perhaps one day we should post a wish list of what an ideal global digital currency exchange should be, if it is only subjected to a universal global set of rules. One registration and a single annual reporting with individual nation providing their guidelines on AML and consumer laws already in books.
HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:19:06 PM

I noticed that. I hope they will offer a Note/USD pair in the near future, even though their current method of loading USD wallet is limited to mailing in a cashier check to their Florida location. I will be real excited when they can have a direct link to customer's bank account like what Coinbase offers.

Keep an eye on their Canadian offerings. They might offer that feature in Canada before they have the same in US. That will make regular investing in CRISP significantly more convenient. The ultimate feature is to have our own exchange, bank, and partner banks with automatic payroll and bank account deduction instantly converted into DNotes as a CRISP savings program. A $5 to $20  contributed monthly to a CRISP For Kids account started at a young age could be a sizable nest-egg at retirement age.

Yes, this would be extremely beneficial. The easier it is to convert USD to DNotes and automatically save to a CRISP the more adoption DNotes will have.
KristinaHD

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:41:21 PM

I agree with chase - great article!

"Business use of the currency, both in terms of accepting it as payment and using it to move money, is also rising rapidly - again mirroring the events in Greece."

Maybe I'm not thinking big enough, but it seems to me that offering and accepting digital currency as payment in every day transactions is where it's at. With little to no transaction fees, and immediate availability of funds, everyone would benefit from being able to use DNotes or Bitcoin in transactions involving anywhere from putting gas in your car to paying your rent, to buying your groceries, to buying a sofa from your sister. A level of awareness is required for anything like this to be acheived. I just hope we won't be forced into like Greece and Brazil.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 03:43:45 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 05:11:48 PM by DNotes

21 Inc. has been on my Radar for over a year.  I am sure that they are working on many potential killer apps. I have my doubts if this is one of them.

21 Inc. Unveils Bitcoin-Optimized Business Computer

When is a computer not a computer? While 21 Inc.’s new computer doesn’t have keyboards, monitors, and a massive enclosed hard drive, it may have just taken Bitcoin to the next level with their new 21 Bitcoin Computer.

First Computer with Bitcoin as the Main Component
Ok, what’s so great about this new computer by 21 Inc.? Well, it works through whatever OS you have via USB. As a stand-alone Linux machine or connected to Linux, Mac, or Windows via USB, it is small, but versatile pocket-sized computer.

Most importantly, it is designed to be the first computer that is Bitcoin-optimized with native hardware and software support exclusively for the Bitcoin protocol. This means that business owners and developers can do business at the command line using Bitcoin, not built around PayPal or banking systems as a default.

“The technology is ultimately just a tool. Our long term goal is to return economic power to the individual,” says 21 Inc. CEO Balaji Srinivasan on his Medium post.
He continued:

“Specifically, we want to make it possible for you to turn your bright idea into passive income by selling Bitcoin-payable goods, games, and services over the Internet through a 21 Bitcoin Computer. And we want to use the success of the 21 Bitcoin Computer to help make Bitcoin the next fundamental system resource, available by default on every new computer. That journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”

The 21 Bitcoin Computer will do many things for its users such as mining bitcoin from the 21 Command Line instantly and allowing entrepreneurs to open up a digital goods store or iTunes-like music store. It also enables to reward others with bitcoin for posting your content on social media, sell APIs for bitcoin, make hardware rentable in bitcoin, and much more.

The value in this is creating the first machine-to-machine systems built around Bitcoin’s protocol. Ben Horowitz, a co-founder of Andreessen Horowitz, which helped 21 Inc. raise a record US$116 million in venture capital funding to start 2015, explains one future use scenario to the Wall Street Journal:
“If I could read stuff on the web for a small amount of money, and didn’t have to open myself up for repeated charging or subscriptions I didn’t want? That’s a relatively straightforward application if you have machine-to-machine payments.”

The 21 Computer combines the 21 mining chip and 21 micropayment server with the 21 Command Line interface for one comprehensive Bitcoin-optimized machine. Other standard goodies include a WiFi adapter, USB-to-laptop cable, and 128GB SD card, and an installed copy of the blockchain, allowing you to run it as a full node.

Source:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115314/21-inc-unveils-bitcoin-optimized-business-computer

Interesting. It looks like the key benefit is that it is a pocket sized computer, you could take between work and home for instance, with the side benefit of being able to run as a bitcoin full node.

I wonder if the "Bitcoin-optimized with native hardware and software support exclusively for the Bitcoin protocol" means it will have a greater level of security for 'be your own bank' bitcoin users. And how long will it be before the 128gb is filled, I think the blockchain is over 40gb today.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 03:50:44 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 05:11:32 PM by DNotes

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/21981/press-release-dnotes-live-cryptsy-bitcoin-trading-growth-ecosystem-worlds-first-cryptocurrency-savings-accounts-continues-unabated/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 07:08:35 PM

http://dcebrief.com/kubrick-clemenceau-and-cryptocurrencies-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-digital-money/

matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:36:18 PM

Thanks. You sure proved this. It's a pleasure to walk together

Thanks Alan, we sure agree. by the way, in short time will start Yom Kipur, which is the day - the jews believes - God judge the humanity - each one for their destiny. so let me use this opportunity to wish all of you - to be signed for good - and we as a community and each of us as well will gain success in DNOTES journey and any journey you choose 

"a multi-currency card"---is a great idea Alan. more than that - we might find out that if side A removes some cultural obstacles - than side B might remove some "regulatory hurdles". I think these might be uncovered as 2 parts of one equation

Banks have traditional way to keep their money: safe. the new innovative tech - which keeps the money on air - is a great difference -cultural and practical - to the banks tradition. guess this is the pre gap that should be closed toward reaching the aim of DC's acceptance by banks.

Here is an interesting article in that the author, like everyone at DNotes, agrees with the necessity of educating people on digital currency and blockchain technology.

FinTechEDU | Financial Giants Flock To Blockchain Technology, While Employees Left Clueless?

The underlying technology of bitcoin called, ‘the blockchain’ has disrupted & rocked the foundation of traditional finance to its very core! It seems mainstream media is reporting financial institution’s adoption of blockchain technology in nanoseconds. Only months ago many of these same outfits were opposed to change labeling the bitcoin community, ‘An underground group of criminals, geeks & misfits.’

Amid diverse opinion mainstream venture capital continues to flow through this market from financial giants such as; Capital One Financial, Citi Ventures, NASDAQ, VISA & others ‘solidifying’ the advancement of blockchain technology within the financial sector.

Problem… I recently spoke with a ‘highly’ recognized banker from Citi clueless to her employers involvement in blockchain technology? Later, I met with a money manager also with Citi who first heard of bitcoin/blockchain during our meeting? The guy manages $500M USD yet light years behind information? Conclusion…

‘FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS ALIKE ARE IN SERIOUS NEED OF FINTECH EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT, RESOURCES & TOOLS FOR EMPLOYEES WHO ARE FRONTLINE ENGAGING WITH THEIR CONSUMERS.’

CitibankBanks have gotten very lax with conventional means of operation & security while many employed by them seem ‘oblivious’ to change & innovation going on all around them. Banks severe need for blockchain awareness & education leaves a huge void for community members to fill via FinTechEDU initiatives.

Solution… EDUCATION! The bitcoin/blockchain academic sector is ‘exploding’ with many prestigious global colleges adopting, embracing & teaching this technology as a bonafide class or course. ‘Canada McGill University, University of Cumbria, Cyprus’ University of Nicosia, Duke University, Imperial College, London, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), New York University, Pompeu Fabra University, Simon Fraser University, Canada & others’ are laying the initial foundation of blockchain curriculums & digital lab type workshops for future generations to come.

We are building a digital economy & education is ‘key’ to ‘adoption through understanding’, if not, we are vulnerable to mistakes of the past.

https://news.bitcoin.com/fintechedu-financial-giants-flock-blockchain-technology-employees-left-clueless/

That article raises some great points. The tricky part will be catering the educational material to the intended user. Bankers and money managers probably don't need to, nor want to, know the underlying technology that digital currency is built upon intimately. This is something that has been in the back of my mind since I first learned about cryptocurrency.

"Clueless" about Bitcoin, Blockchain technology and digital currency? Harsh but close. Unfortunately, this applies to more than just the front office bank employees but senior bankers as well. There is no easy answer. Our industry certainly could do more by presenting a united front to minimize further confusion with a serious attempt to promote a clear and consistent message.

Mati, I can see that. One can touch, feel, and smell money. We can say the same thing about debit and credit card. It has indeed crossed my mind that to help bridge the "comfort" gap at this nascent phase we could offer a multi-currency card before migrating 100% to smart phone -100% virtual currency. There are no technical limitations to do that, but we can not say the same about regulatory hurdles.

Mati,those are very good points "["a multi-currency card"---is a great idea Alan. more than that - we might find out that if side A removes some cultural obstacles - than side B might remove some "regulatory hurdles". I think these might be uncovered as 2 parts of one equation]"

The process of change and the associated complexities, especially as it relates to mass global changes in consumer behavior is often under estimated and misunderstood. Cost savings and convenience are not the only governing factors. There are certainly "some culture obstacles" as you pointed out. Retaining some level of "comfort factors" is a prudent thing to do. Most people will be quite surprised to learn that AOL still has over 2 million dial-up subscribers paying an average of $20 per month. Could it help clear up some regulatory hurdles? Quite possible, perhaps some might be more comfortable that there is some physical matter one can see and touch so the word "virtual (currency)" doesn't bother them quite as much.

Thank you Mati, "G'mar Hatimah Tovah". If you are fasting today, I will be joining you, and wish you an easy fast.

As our journey with DNotes moves into it's next phase, I am positive we will see exponential growth. We have proven that we are here for the long haul and that we can identify and react to the problems in the industry quickly while providing sensible solutions, with a clear path to success.
matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:39:59 PM

This is fantastic value. It's a pleasure to walk together

Thanks Alan, we sure agree. by the way, in short time will start Yom Kipur, which is the day - the jews believes - God judge the humanity - each one for their destiny. so let me use this opportunity to wish all of you - to be signed for good - and we as a community and each of us as well will gain success in DNOTES journey and any journey you choose 

"a multi-currency card"---is a great idea Alan. more than that - we might find out that if side A removes some cultural obstacles - than side B might remove some "regulatory hurdles". I think these might be uncovered as 2 parts of one equation

Banks have traditional way to keep their money: safe. the new innovative tech - which keeps the money on air - is a great difference -cultural and practical - to the banks tradition. guess this is the pre gap that should be closed toward reaching the aim of DC's acceptance by banks.

Here is an interesting article in that the author, like everyone at DNotes, agrees with the necessity of educating people on digital currency and blockchain technology.

FinTechEDU | Financial Giants Flock To Blockchain Technology, While Employees Left Clueless?

The underlying technology of bitcoin called, ‘the blockchain’ has disrupted & rocked the foundation of traditional finance to its very core! It seems mainstream media is reporting financial institution’s adoption of blockchain technology in nanoseconds. Only months ago many of these same outfits were opposed to change labeling the bitcoin community, ‘An underground group of criminals, geeks & misfits.’

Amid diverse opinion mainstream venture capital continues to flow through this market from financial giants such as; Capital One Financial, Citi Ventures, NASDAQ, VISA & others ‘solidifying’ the advancement of blockchain technology within the financial sector.

Problem… I recently spoke with a ‘highly’ recognized banker from Citi clueless to her employers involvement in blockchain technology? Later, I met with a money manager also with Citi who first heard of bitcoin/blockchain during our meeting? The guy manages $500M USD yet light years behind information? Conclusion…

‘FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS ALIKE ARE IN SERIOUS NEED OF FINTECH EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT, RESOURCES & TOOLS FOR EMPLOYEES WHO ARE FRONTLINE ENGAGING WITH THEIR CONSUMERS.’

CitibankBanks have gotten very lax with conventional means of operation & security while many employed by them seem ‘oblivious’ to change & innovation going on all around them. Banks severe need for blockchain awareness & education leaves a huge void for community members to fill via FinTechEDU initiatives.

Solution… EDUCATION! The bitcoin/blockchain academic sector is ‘exploding’ with many prestigious global colleges adopting, embracing & teaching this technology as a bonafide class or course. ‘Canada McGill University, University of Cumbria, Cyprus’ University of Nicosia, Duke University, Imperial College, London, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), New York University, Pompeu Fabra University, Simon Fraser University, Canada & others’ are laying the initial foundation of blockchain curriculums & digital lab type workshops for future generations to come.

We are building a digital economy & education is ‘key’ to ‘adoption through understanding’, if not, we are vulnerable to mistakes of the past.

https://news.bitcoin.com/fintechedu-financial-giants-flock-blockchain-technology-employees-left-clueless/

That article raises some great points. The tricky part will be catering the educational material to the intended user. Bankers and money managers probably don't need to, nor want to, know the underlying technology that digital currency is built upon intimately. This is something that has been in the back of my mind since I first learned about cryptocurrency.

"Clueless" about Bitcoin, Blockchain technology and digital currency? Harsh but close. Unfortunately, this applies to more than just the front office bank employees but senior bankers as well. There is no easy answer. Our industry certainly could do more by presenting a united front to minimize further confusion with a serious attempt to promote a clear and consistent message.

Mati, I can see that. One can touch, feel, and smell money. We can say the same thing about debit and credit card. It has indeed crossed my mind that to help bridge the "comfort" gap at this nascent phase we could offer a multi-currency card before migrating 100% to smart phone -100% virtual currency. There are no technical limitations to do that, but we can not say the same about regulatory hurdles.

Mati,those are very good points "["a multi-currency card"---is a great idea Alan. more than that - we might find out that if side A removes some cultural obstacles - than side B might remove some "regulatory hurdles". I think these might be uncovered as 2 parts of one equation]"

The process of change and the associated complexities, especially as it relates to mass global changes in consumer behavior is often under estimated and misunderstood. Cost savings and convenience are not the only governing factors. There are certainly "some culture obstacles" as you pointed out. Retaining some level of "comfort factors" is a prudent thing to do. Most people will be quite surprised to learn that AOL still has over 2 million dial-up subscribers paying an average of $20 per month. Could it help clear up some regulatory hurdles? Quite possible, perhaps some might be more comfortable that there is some physical matter one can see and touch so the word "virtual (currency)" doesn't bother them quite as much.

Thank you, Mati. we wish you all the very best. I personally feel greatly blessed to have this great chance to work with you all in this potentially massive opportunity for the better good of humanity.
kanus1113

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:01:10 PM

This is one of my favorite articles to date. Excellent work.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:31:12 PM

And Cryptsy?

It's a little early yet, but perhaps one day we should post a wish list of what an ideal global digital currency exchange should be, if it is only subjected to a universal global set of rules. One registration and a single annual reporting with individual nation providing their guidelines on AML and consumer laws already in books.

Decentralised?

But our perfect exchange -- meaning no disrespect -- would be none. (Okay, one community-managed otc exchange to facilitate merchant volume -- we've trialled this.) IndiaMikeZulu would like to see the currencies pass from the speculative-trading-centric phase to the 'transactional volume'-centric phase.

(Now you understand the enthusiasm I expressed for Daylily Gardens.)

Mark, Western Australia (How's ya winter, campers? Did I mention . . . tee hee . . . it's blossom-scented spring here.)
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:44:23 AM

And Cryptsy?

Decentralised?

But our perfect exchange -- meaning no disrespect -- would be none. (Okay, one community-managed otc exchange to facilitate merchant volume -- we've trialled this.) IndiaMikeZulu would like to see the currencies pass from the speculative-trading-centric phase to the 'transactional volume'-centric phase.

(Now you understand the enthusiasm I expressed for Daylily Gardens.)

Mark, Western Australia (How's ya winter, campers? Did I mention . . . tee hee . . . it's blossom-scented spring here.)

Hang in there, Mark. At phase three of our strategic master plan, we intend to launch a company that does not have any traditional book keeping, as we know it today. If you want to be a one of our suppliers you must accept payment in DNotes or a limited number of digital currencies on our list. The same thing is true if you want to buy any of our products on line. This company will not accept credit or debit card. No cash or check either. No direct payment with any fiat currency. But we will accept DNotes multi-currency card issued by our own bank or partner banks as the payment will be in DNotes. Even all the shares of the company, be it private, or publicly traded, will take full advantage of the Blockchain technology, that will be recorded in the public ledger verifiable by anyone anytime. All transactions are decentralized taking full advantage of the Blockchain technology.

So are we there yet? Unfortunately, no, we still have a long way to go. We are at the tail end of phase one. We will be starting phase two at the beginning of 2016. A good amount of our vision will be revealed in our next press release.

Pages: « 1 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: