Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:37:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:27:27 AM

"I will be real excited when they can have a direct link to customer's bank account . . . "

Oh, yeeeeeeh! a crypto-fiat portal is a big step forward.

And Cryptsy?

Crypto theory will take a stride forward when there is ready admission of three things that represent de facto centralisation:

One: exchanges being set up to gain and trade large quantities of currencies' coins -- Cryptsy

Two: the fact of whales' influence on markets

Three (lesser but very real): the fact that an established -- 'main' -- bitcointalk thread is controlled by its OP

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

It's a little early yet, but perhaps one day we should post a wish list of what an ideal global digital currency exchange should be, if it is only subjected to a universal global set of rules. One registration and a single annual reporting with individual nation providing their guidelines on AML and consumer laws already in books.

Decentralised?

But our perfect exchange -- meaning no disrespect -- would be none. (Okay, one community-managed otc exchange to facilitate merchant volume -- we've trialled this.) IndiaMikeZulu would like to see the currencies pass from the speculative-trading-centric phase to the 'transactional volume'-centric phase.

(Now you understand the enthusiasm I expressed for Daylily Gardens.)

Mark, Western Australia (How's ya winter, campers? Did I mention . . . tee hee . . . it's blossom-scented spring here.)

Hang in there, Mark. At phase three of our strategic master plan, we intend to launch a company that does not have any traditional book keeping, as we know it today. If you want to be a one of our suppliers you must accept payment in DNotes or a limited number of digital currencies on our list. The same thing is true if you want to buy any of our products on line. This company will not accept credit or debit card. No cash or check either. No direct payment with any fiat currency. But we will accept DNotes multi-currency card issued by our own bank or partner banks as the payment will be in DNotes. Even all the shares of the company, be it private, or publicly traded, will take full advantage of the Blockchain technology, that will be recorded in the public ledger verifiable by anyone anytime. All transactions are decentralized taking full advantage of the Blockchain technology.

So are we there yet? Unfortunately, no, we still have a long way to go. We are at the tail end of phase one. We will be starting phase two at the beginning of 2016. A good amount of our vision will be revealed in our next press release.

There are many hidden benifits (and market advantages) for a company set up like this. No credit card fees. No Pay Pal fees. Huge savings in accounting (the blockchain is the bulk of the accounting dept). No bank fees. No employee thefts of funds. No cash on hand (safer work environment). The list will grow as uses for the blockchain grows.

Smokey
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:16:09 AM

"I will be real excited when they can have a direct link to customer's bank account . . . "

And Cryptsy?

Crypto theory will take a stride forward when there is ready admission of three things that represent de facto centralisation:

One: exchanges being set up to gain and trade large quantities of currencies' coins -- Cryptsy

Three (lesser but very real): the fact that an established -- 'main' -- bitcointalk thread is controlled by its OP

It's a little early yet, but perhaps one day we should post a wish list of what an ideal global digital currency exchange should be, if it is only subjected to a universal global set of rules. One registration and a single annual reporting with individual nation providing their guidelines on AML and consumer laws already in books.

Decentralised?

But our perfect exchange -- meaning no disrespect -- would be none. (Okay, one community-managed otc exchange to facilitate merchant volume -- we've trialled this.) IndiaMikeZulu would like to see the currencies pass from the speculative-trading-centric phase to the 'transactional volume'-centric phase.

Mark, Western Australia (How's ya winter, campers? Did I mention . . . tee hee . . . it's blossom-scented spring here.)

Hang in there, Mark. At phase three of our strategic master plan, we intend to launch a company that does not have any traditional book keeping, as we know it today. If you want to be a one of our suppliers you must accept payment in DNotes or a limited number of digital currencies on our list. The same thing is true if you want to buy any of our products on line. This company will not accept credit or debit card. No cash or check either. No direct payment with any fiat currency. But we will accept DNotes multi-currency card issued by our own bank or partner banks as the payment will be in DNotes. Even all the shares of the company, be it private, or publicly traded, will take full advantage of the Blockchain technology, that will be recorded in the public ledger verifiable by anyone anytime. All transactions are decentralized taking full advantage of the Blockchain technology.

So are we there yet? Unfortunately, no, we still have a long way to go. We are at the tail end of phase one. We will be starting phase two at the beginning of 2016. A good amount of our vision will be revealed in our next press release.

There are many hidden benifits (and market advantages) for a company set up like this. No credit card fees. No Pay Pal fees. Huge savings in accounting (the blockchain is the bulk of the accounting dept). No bank fees. No employee thefts of funds. No cash on hand (safer work environment). The list will grow as uses for the blockchain grows.

Smokey

Looking at a few years down the road, the real challenge is not technology, but mass acceptance of a digital currency like DNotes. We are taking that challenge very seriously as reflected in our commitment to build up the vital components of our own ecosystem while doing our part to represent our industry in the best of light. CryptoMoms, DNotes Educational Guide, and our newly launched DCEBrief are significant efforts to help provide the much needed education and exposure to digital currency and the Blockchain technology.

matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:38:04 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2015, 04:02:46 AM by matatyau-cohen

But on the other hand such initiative/company must be ultra transparent on Bookkeeping toward the authorities - and because no borders and no nationality - toward  any authority. the reason to such transparency is  because this ultra new way of trading which any authority on globe will suspect it has a potential to an capital laundry. so this technic of new trade must be after deep thinking and even step by step with leading authorities such as USA and/or Europe. and more: if digital currencies seek acceptance from the authorities - maybe this is the best way to get it: by cooperation, i mean all authorities will be more open to accept the new tech of digital currency  - when they have a great benefit out of this innovative field

And Cryptsy?

Decentralised?

Smokey
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:38:35 AM

Good article Ken and Alan.

I need to potter along and finish my next one...

grandmama

Activity: 82

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:59:46 AM

Pretty good action over at Cryptsy, 15 BTC volume.

Although I have not been on lately, I have been watching Cryptsy and yes pretty good action as you stated. DNotes has been doing very good lately. Perhaps it will continue moving in the right direction as people continue to read about and continue their education on what DNotes offers. Keep up the good work to all who are working to make DNotes a continuing success.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 04:52:41 AM

Pretty good action over at Cryptsy, 15 BTC volume.

Although I have not been on lately, I have been watching Cryptsy and yes pretty good action as you stated. DNotes has been doing very good lately. Perhaps it will continue moving in the right direction as people continue to read about and continue their education on what DNotes offers. Keep up the good work to all who are working to make DNotes a continuing success.

Good to see you grandmama. We certainly missed reading your great posts. A lot has happened over the last few months. We are doing very well at Cryptsy with high volume and larger trades. It does appear that we are gaining quite a few new stakeholders. DCEBrief is doing extremely well. I wish I am a master of speed reading. Getting hard to keep up.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:06:38 AM

But on the other hand such initiative/company must be ultra transparent on Bookkeeping toward the authorities - and because no borders and no nationality - toward  any authority. the reason to such transparency is  because this ultra new way of trading which any authority on globe will suspect it has a potential to an capital laundry. so this technic of new trade must be after deep thinking and even step by step with leading authorities such as USA and/or Europe. and more: if digital currencies seek acceptance from the authorities - maybe this is the best way to get it: by cooperation, i mean all authorities will be more open to accept the new tech of digital currency  - when they have a great benefit out of this innovative field

And Cryptsy?

Decentralised?

Smokey

Mati, regulatory compliance will not be the concern. It is 100% transparent and there is no fiat currency changing hand at the point of payment or point of sales. Accounting software companies are already taking full advantage of the Blockchain technology to develop the next generation of software. As I mentioned earlier, the biggest challenge is building a trusted global digital for everyone, gaining mass acceptance. DNotes has been going the extra mile to make this happened.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:11:33 AM

Good to see you TeeGee. Ken is a very talented writer. We are very fortunate to have his contribution.

Hey, TeeGee,  I finally upgraded my LinkedIn profile. Thanks for your inputs.
KristinaHD

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:15:20 PM

And Cryptsy?

Decentralised?

Smokey

The idea of starting a company that fully depends on Cryptocurrency is revolutionary. This is certainly a changing point in history. It's happening right now. future generations will collect paper money and hold them as antiques. Just as my children have no idea what a pay phone is, it may come to pass that my great grandchildren will have know ide what a debit card is. Don't freak out - embrace it!
Bergman

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:31:35 PM

Very good article. Wonder if many caught the Dr Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb reference in the title. Very clever, will get the attention of those who there when the internet first started. The analogy from early internet to digital currency is  spot on.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 02:33:16 PM

Good to see you TeeGee. Ken is a very talented writer. We are very fortunate to have his contribution.

Hey, TeeGee,  I finally upgraded my LinkedIn profile. Thanks for your inputs.

Looking forward to it TeeGee! I appreciate the message you bring to your posts and writing for the industry. The talent pool is very strong.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 02:41:03 PM

Very good article. Wonder if many caught the Dr Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb reference in the title. Very clever, will get the attention of those who there when the internet first started. The analogy from early internet to digital currency is  spot on.

That was a great title. It took some efforts and team participation. I am very grateful and appreciative that we have been able to build such a strong team so quickly.

One of our biggest strengths is our ability to identify an industry problem and response to it very quickly by implementing a viable solution, thereby converting it from a problem to an opportunity. Our ecosystems will continue to expand around that theme.

CryptoMoms was launched in response to serious gender imbalance in our industry, dominated by men by a ratio of 95 : 5. I am sure that ratio has been improving.

DNotesVault was launched in response to the needs to have a trusted, secure, and convenient storage for DNotes stakeholders. We topped it off it unprecedented 100% guarantee with verifiable amount.

Our family of CRISPs have multiple missions including being viable alternatives to address student loan crises, as well as under-funded retirement plans.

The currently launched DCEBrief has the following mission:  

DCEBrief is committed to focus on bringing issues that matter to your attention, utilizing an “Executive Summary” without fluff and filler. When appropriate, we may also include full length articles. Our mission is to keep you informed with timely, objective, accurate, and unbiased information. We will need the cooperation of the mainstream media and the full support of our political leaders and regulators to help promote and not stifle innovation for the better good of mankind.
KristinaHD

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:47:07 PM

http://dcebrief.com/taiwan-could-be-seeing-a-digital-currency-boom/

This article makes me question whether it would be possible for PayPal to accept digital currency? What would the pros and cons be? I can immediately knowledge that one downfall would be the involvement of a third party, and fees for those transactions. The positive thing would be that by accepting Bitcoin and DNotes, PayPal would encourage consumers to accept digital currency as a real currency.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 07:32:33 PM

This article makes me question whether it would be possible for PayPal to accept digital currency? What would the pros and cons be? I can immediately knowledge that one downfall would be the involvement of a third party, and fees for those transactions. The positive thing would be that by accepting Bitcoin and DNotes, PayPal would encourage consumers to accept digital currency as a real currency.

It's absolutely possible for PayPal to accept digital currency, every vendor or money services company has all the tools needed to do so. PayPal would likely charge fees, but it would be up to the user whether they want the ease of use PayPal might provide or feel comfortable managing their own digital wallet. However, if PayPal does accept digital currency, and doesn't compete by lowering fees for digital currency transactions and making it easier to use, other companies will jump at the chance to acquire those customers PayPal would lose.

Bergman

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 08:51:00 PM

It's absolutely possible for PayPal to accept digital currency, every vendor or money services company has all the tools needed to do so. PayPal would likely charge fees, but it would be up to the user whether they want the ease of use PayPal might provide or feel comfortable managing their own digital wallet. However, if PayPal does accept digital currency, and doesn't compete by lowering fees for digital currency transactions and making it easier to use, other companies will jump at the chance to acquire those customers PayPal would lose.

I appreciate that DNotes doesn't take an adversarial approach to big business. Most of the world will prefer the easiest options, even if it does cost some fee. They need crypto to stay in the game and relevant, and crypto needs them to reach the masses.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:28:03 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2015, 10:07:29 PM by Dyna

I appreciate that DNotes doesn't take an adversarial approach to big business. Most of the world will prefer the easiest options, even if it does cost some fee. They need crypto to stay in the game and relevant, and crypto needs them to reach the masses.

Thanks, Bergman. That is the correct observation. We are committed to being respectful to everyone. That may be one of the trade secrets why DNotes and its communities have been able to accomplish so much in such a short period of time. We are very focused in problem solving and "mind our own business", avoiding the destructive consequences of dramas that have ruined so many other cryptocurrencies.

Paypal, banks, debit and credit card companies are here to stay for a long time. They will be the gateways and conduits in many of our future financial services. We will compete fiercely based on our strengths in certain areas but must cooperate where we can find common grounds and mutual benefits in other areas. Constructive business philosophy is important to business success. We are sincerely committed to represent our industry in the best of light, helping to build much need trust and respect. What is good for our industry will be good for everyone. There has never been a better opportunity for common people with little means to join force in working together for the better good of mankind.   

KristinaHD

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 10:32:58 PM

Thanks, Bergman. That is the correct observation. We are committed to being respectful to everyone. That may be one of the trade secrets why DNotes and its communities have been able to accomplish so much in such a short period of time. We are very focused in problem solving and "mind our own business", avoiding the destructive consequences of dramas that have ruined so many other cryptocurrencies.

Paypal, banks, debit and credit card companies are here to stay for a long time. They will be the gateways and conduits in many of our future financial services. We will compete fiercely based on our strengths in certain areas but must cooperate where we can find common grounds and mutual benefits in other areas. Constructive business philosophy is important to business success. We are sincerely committed to represent our industry in the best of light, helping to build much need trust and respect. What is good for our industry will be good for everyone. There has never been a better opportunity for common people with little means to join force in working together for the better good of mankind.   

Bergman - I did not think about the fact that companies like PayPal need crypto to stay relevant. What an eye-opening statement Smiley
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:08:59 AM

This is a very interesting article in which the blockchain is one of six mega-trends identified by the World Economic Forum that will lead the transition to a more digital and connected world.

World Economic Forum Survey Projects Blockchain 'Tipping Point' by 2023

http://www.coindesk.com/world-economic-forum-governments-blockchain/

The Six Megatrends  from the report "Deep Shift: Technology Tipping Points and Societal Impact"

As a foundation to its work, the council sought to identify the software and services megatrends which are shaping society, and their associated opportunities and risks.

People and the internet - How people connect with others, information and the world around them is being transformed through a combination of technologies. Wearable and implantable technologies will enhance people’s “digital presence”, allowing them to interact with objects and one another in new ways.

Computing, communications and storage everywhere  -  The continued rapid decline in the size and cost of computing and connectivity technologies is driving an exponential growth in the potential to access and leverage the internet. This will lead to ubiquitous computing power being available, where everyone has access to a supercomputer in their pocket, with nearly unlimited storage capacity.

The Internet of Things  - Smaller, cheaper and smarter sensors are being introduced – in homes, clothes and accessories, cities, transport and energy networks, as well as manufacturing processes.

Artificial intelligence (AI) and big data  - Exponential digitization creates exponentially more data – about everything and everyone. In parallel, the sophistication of the problems software can address, and the ability for software to learn and evolve itself, is advancing rapidly.  This is built on the rise of big data for decision-making, andthe influence that AI and robotics are starting to have on decision-making and jobs.

The sharing economy and distributed trust  - The internet is driving a shift towards networks and platform-based social and economic models. Assets can be shared, creating not just new efficiencies but also whole new business models and opportunities for social selforganization.  The blockchain, an emerging technology, replaces the need for third-party institutions to provide trust for financial, contract and voting activities.

The digitization of matter  - Physical objects are “printed” from raw materials via additive, or 3D, printing, a process that transforms industrial manufacturing, allows for printing products at home and creates a whole set of human health opportunities.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:11:17 AM

Bergman - I did not think about the fact that companies like PayPal need crypto to stay relevant. What an eye-opening statement Smiley

Kris, Bitcoin, DNotes or digital currency in general, and the Blockchain technology collectively will be causing a paradigm shift of seismic proportion that will be difficult to ignore.

Free market forces always weed out those who are too slow to response and adapt. The Internet technology revolution should an eye-opener for those who are not so sure what a disruptive technology could do. I trust that Paypal is well aware of that. Like many major banks, they will not just stay on the sideline and watch. They will participate in ways that serve their interest best.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:26:49 AM

This is a very interesting article in which the blockchain is one of six mega-trends identified by the World Economic Forum that will lead the transition to a more digital and connected world.

World Economic Forum Survey Projects Blockchain 'Tipping Point' by 2023

http://www.coindesk.com/world-economic-forum-governments-blockchain/

The Six Megatrends  from the report "Deep Shift: Technology Tipping Points and Societal Impact"

As a foundation to its work, the council sought to identify the software and services megatrends which are shaping society, and their associated opportunities and risks.

People and the internet - How people connect with others, information and the world around them is being transformed through a combination of technologies. Wearable and implantable technologies will enhance people’s “digital presence”, allowing them to interact with objects and one another in new ways.

Computing, communications and storage everywhere  -  The continued rapid decline in the size and cost of computing and connectivity technologies is driving an exponential growth in the potential to access and leverage the internet. This will lead to ubiquitous computing power being available, where everyone has access to a supercomputer in their pocket, with nearly unlimited storage capacity.

The Internet of Things  - Smaller, cheaper and smarter sensors are being introduced – in homes, clothes and accessories, cities, transport and energy networks, as well as manufacturing processes.

Artificial intelligence (AI) and big data  - Exponential digitization creates exponentially more data – about everything and everyone. In parallel, the sophistication of the problems software can address, and the ability for software to learn and evolve itself, is advancing rapidly.  This is built on the rise of big data for decision-making, andthe influence that AI and robotics are starting to have on decision-making and jobs.

The sharing economy and distributed trust  - The internet is driving a shift towards networks and platform-based social and economic models. Assets can be shared, creating not just new efficiencies but also whole new business models and opportunities for social selforganization.  The blockchain, an emerging technology, replaces the need for third-party institutions to provide trust for financial, contract and voting activities.

The digitization of matter  - Physical objects are “printed” from raw materials via additive, or 3D, printing, a process that transforms industrial manufacturing, allows for printing products at home and creates a whole set of human health opportunities.

"The World Economic Forum (WEF) has identified blockchain technology as one of its six mega-trends in a new report broadly aimed at outlining the expected transition to a more digital and connected world."

It is certainly interesting, but should not be much of a surprise to us. From my prospective, if the six were ranked by magnitude and world changing implications, it should be the leader of the pack.
Pages: « 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 [365] 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: